Oldies

Do you think the NES Mini would have been scalped even worse if it had a NES game port as well? what do you think would have happened?

Also, what are some good old games from any old generation (before NGC/PS2/DC/Xbox) with good local multiplayer?

Would you believe A Nightmare on Elm Street NES? Simultaneous four player too.

I didn't know it had multiplayer.

Can I reliably emulate MAME and NeoGeo in one of those DIY retro machines?

You know what would be great, an E-sports league where everyone is forced to play obscure and shit Mutiplayer games.
Seeing Superman 64's Multiplayer in a competitive setting would be fucking hilarious. Could you imagine people actually trying to win this shit for money, with serious commentators talking over the game.

That is basically Speedrunning and AGDQ

(checked)
Well with speedruning they have already been playing the game and have it memorized.
What I mean is 4 or more people are forced to play a game that nobody haves ever heard of with no prep time.

checked

That actually looks more fun than the rest of the game. What the fuck?

Shit I didn't know that game had multiplayer

Well I mean who would know about it?
The only reason I do is because I actually liked Superman 64 as a kid.

Why were idiots expecting it to work with real cartridges? Of course it fucking doesn't, it's 1/4 the size. Even if it did work it'd be much worse than the real thing and nobody would have bought it for that. Besides, it was already maximum scalped because Nintendo made half the demanded units and everyone wanted it because lol retro nostalgia :DD.

Just wondering, maybe if the thing was a little bigger, maybe if it had a top loader port, IDK, it was just an idea.

It would have been scalped in two parts, the system once, and then the controller. Or most commonly the system would have been sold with one controller.

Does anyone still make third party NES controllers even? Then some scalpers would have swapped in cheap ones for nintendo's official ones.

Shit, that sounds horrible, but aren't the Mini NES controllers USB?

No, they're compatible with Wiis, clunkily. The NES classic controller works for NES virtual console games, but I'm under the impression that it doesn't even work with PCE games, which would be fucktarded, it ought to even work with at least some Genesis games.

I see, I was confused.

There are literally NES games ported to flash and the emulators are light and work 100%. It's almost pointless to have a mini when you can have something light as the lightest laptop or smartphone. The original big one is the only one that matters if you want a physical one.

Are there any DIY emulation gadgets for games up to PS1 and CPS/MAME/NeoGeo?

Don't forget the top loader thing, from what i hear it's better than the goofy looking VCR.

Is way better by virtue of not failing as much as the front loader indeed.

You can get an OrangePi PC running with RetrorangePi or Lakka with less than 20 bucks. There are lots of tutorials on how to make consoles with them. You can get some cheap LCD monitors, battery packs, a Gameboy/PSP/GBA case and get some stuff going

I have an OrangePi PC with RetrorangePi, it runs up to PS1 and CPS3 with some stuttering. CPS1/CPS2/NeoGeo and every console up to SNES/Genesis/PCE runs flawlessly

In this case I just want a machine that I can connect to a Samsung TV at my friend's store so we can play vidya.

(noice)
Here's the less indecent video I could find of an older version of retrorangePi.
I've tried it with many controllers and they've all worked flawlessly.

Guess the video didn't embed.

FUCK

But the wii is very popularly modded, and AFAIK has quite a bit more power than a little ARM7 core, so those nintendo controllers would be seriously useful for that, for PCE games, Amiga games, non emulated/open source games and a whole lot of MAME games.

Daily reminder that a used Wii or a cheap SJWpi clone are way fucking better than a NES Mini or any hipster emulation device

Starts around 12:30.

daily reminder that emulation is the worst way to play any classic game system and there are better solutions with real hardware and you can just use a backup loading device like an everdrive or something to get the best results possible.

Daily reminder that emulation is free and good flashcarts, upscalers, and rgb mods cost a fair bit of money. Also emulation of the classic systems is fairly accurate for most systems and you can use controllers that feel better then the originals.

input lag and inaccuracies make emulation the obvious poor persons choice, but if you make even a little bit of disposable income, why settle for welfare?

sure, my local used bookstore has those retron whateverthefuck consoles and they take nes style controllers, and they sell 3rd party controllers for it

Most older systems are emulated with at least each high accuracies or in the cases of somthing like the super nintendo the accuracy is usually dead on.

Input lag in most good emulators is usually comparable to the real thing and thing that causes the most input lag is usually the type of display.

Commercial emulators used in collection games usually display the most input lag while somthing like higan or final burn alpha will have the least or at least comparable to the real thing or using retroarch in kms mode on linux or on a crt.

Basically input lag would only be felt if the display, os fucking up, and emulator software is bad and they can be fixed with proper emulators, software, and displays.

Shit, I never realized someone did it before Harmony of Dissonance.

RPi 3 can emulate PS1 flawlessly.