Witcher 3

Just beat the Witcher 3. Here are my thoughts.

>I actually got the best ending on the first go, despite playing it blind. (Ciri becoming a Witcher and Geralt settling down with Yen)
Overall a really good experience, especially now that the price has dropped I'd recommend it to everyone.

Are either the DLC packages worth buying?

Other urls found in this thread:

witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Laboratory_log
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well, now we know.
Pack it people, thread over.

Enhanced Edition never when?
Seriously though. I'm not getting this until we get the version we were promised.

She would be pretty without the slutty elvish eyeliner. Black looks like shit on an ash blonde.

OP dubs speak the truth. The first two games were hot garbage with the story being the only redeemable parts.

Do you have a blog?

Fuck off cuck.

Man just 2 more months and I'm getting my super goy pc so that I can finally play new videogames.

Bitcher 3 is first on my list, dark souls 3 afterwards

Absolutely. I hate forking out extra for DLC, but these are actually worth the money and are well made. Blood and Wine feels almost like a new game.
B & W is better than Hearts of Stone, but both are good.

Agreed, I'd say both of them are worth it, especially Blood and Wine because it ties some things together.

Look fam, the ending was anticlimactic compared to the ending of the witcher 1, WHEN EVERYTHING YOU DID AND ACHIEVED HAD CULMINATED TO THAT POINT AND YOU FUCKING FELT IT.

In witcher 3 it had some reasonable closure, but that didn't help.

Also Jacques de aldersberg was a way better villain than the king of the wild hunt, who was basically just some emokid on steroids.

Blood and Wine is the best DLC since Shivering isles. It's the best DLC this decade and won't be beat. It's better than Old World Blues.

Jacques did nothing wrong

Only for people who are being overprotective and treat her like a child in my opinion.

Both DLCs are really good.

Get the mod then.
get the mod that removes the bandages in the sauna too

Why the blogposts always have to use anime pictures

Anyone who does this is wasting air meant for the rest of us.

Damn right, nigga.. I still have Flash-Jacques to this day about how good a villain hero that guy was.

Not even that. The story is all over the place in the first two games.

That's a mighty high bar to set.
Once I actually put in the effort to bear my way through the first two games, I'll be giving it a hard going over.

A couple of days ago I saw this exact thread with the same kiniro mosaic pic but about Little Nightmares, is this some kind of new danke meme?

I agree with all of those except the weebgarbage. The game really is good and the best thing is there's no filthy niggers in sight. Unless you play the dlc I guess. The only thin gI didn't enjoy was the weight system, I just turned that off with a mod. It also bothered me that the game wasn't designed to be played without the HUD even tho you can turn it off, but at least the devs put effort into it and it's not a heaping pile of progressive garbage like all the other western AAA games.
I'm gonna post weeb furry because fuck you.

How can it be best if Hearts of Stone exists?

Get the mod that actually makes geralt look like a mutant.

The unfortunate thing about Blood and Wine is that you miss out on a lot if you haven't read the books.

That's true about the whole series tbh. Especially scenes with Yen.

But yea it was a nice game with a great DLC area, after the first few quests the wild hunt loses its intimidation factor and the final bossfight was mediocre.

Triss was super cute. I thought to myself 'well I guess I gotta be with Yen now' but she really won me over in her missions.

I thought the ending was a bit too short and not that satisfying but overall I absolutely loved the game.

The first act was a bit meh. Might be because I started it after finishing the main story so I came from a high.
Everything with Olgierd's backstory was lacklustre, or not nearly enough explained. His wife is boring. I loved that he was an ataman.
His brother is the best character in the DLC.
Loved the spookums in the final act.
Shani did nothing for me because I played the first game in Polish so I didn't know if they brought back the voice actress or not.
I figured out his riddle the moment I asked him to repeat it to me so I was disappointed you couldn't have more agency in that regard.

WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THIS

>>>Holla Forums

Hearts of stone doesn't even have it's own area. Blood and Wine comes loaded with side quests and exploration and shit. Heart of Stone does have SOME of that, crammed into northern Velen, but not enough to really be considered an expansion.

Yes congratulations. Now wait for the mountain of copies claiming to be a 'open world rpg experience like the witcher'

About that, most of the locations are just what the design team came up with, but blood and wine is the most accurate to the books in all 3 games

>Olgierd Maidens and mares, my two passions von everec
My man

wtf im a cuck now

Thats not very difficult because Shivering Isles is trash

your grasp of the english language seems tenuous

Shivering isles? I loved Oblivion but my policy is usually just to avoid DLC altogether. Should I get it?

Was this the first time the word cuck has been in a mainstream videogame?

shivering isles is the best part of oblivion
one of the last true expansion packs, as opposed to it just being any old dlc

Still shit with these dark eyebrows and probably pussy hair too. Her hair wasn't bleached, for the fuck's sake! She inherited it after her mother.

What is the best Witcher school set and why is the Manticore?

Also I'm really curious. What did you do to the cat school witcher in that one quest where he kills an entire village?

The best witcher school set is the armor you start with.

I let him go. I guess Geralt would understand what getting stabbed by a [easant with a pitchfork is like.

This fucking post

The DLC is worth it, better than the main game IMO.

Righto

I want more open world rpg experiences like the witcher though. Better than the big budget generic first person shooters we've had for ages now.

MY NIGGA

Yen is for bulling with monster dongers.

It's a very shit typical console game.

Haha.

All can be boiled down to this.

Is this a sex shop?
Yes it is, sir.
Then I'll have five quids worth please.

Anyway, Witcher 3 is great despite its problems. Funnily enough the side content is where the game truly shines, not the main quest. I say this a lot, but if/when they go back to the Witcher world, they should just make a game comprised of about 10 Hearts of Stone/Blood and Wine sized areas and quest lines. All standalone stories, self contained. Its what the books are best at as well.

What are some good mods for Witcher 3?

Might be shills. I mean look at all these (1) posts but why now? Unless there's more DLC coming out or a sale soon, I suppose.

Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Both are better than the main game for different reasons and together they clock at around 40h of gameplay. Hearts of Stone is better written/has a more thematically consistent narrative while Blood and Wine is just plain fun with the two best quests in the series. If you liked the game, you'll find the expansions worth it.

First game had pretty good alchemy system, soundtrack, and art direction. Journal was also done very well.

It's the only worthwhile part of Oblivion, with Knights of the Nine coming close. Keep in mind that you will still have to deal with repetitive dungeons.

I don't remember Knights of the Nine being particularly memorable. I just thought it was cool how you get a clubhouse at the end.

Its the current century.

To be clear, how old is Papa Geralt? I heard somewhere that he's 73, but apparently he's even older?
How fucking long do Witchers live for before they become old decrepit men?

Do people still not understand Witcher 3 mocks sjws throughout it?

Vesemir was over 200 years old

So I'm going to assume they're biologically immortal?

Not really but Witchers generally die long before old age hits them so there isn't any established upper limit on their age yet.

WHO GIVES A SHIT

The phrase, "no Witcher dies in his bed," is uttered several times in the games and books. Not sure about sorceresses, though. I know some of them are older than Vesemir but I don't know of any dying of old age.

That was my experience as well. Lots of the sidequests you could stumble on were fantastically written because the characters were self-contained and could have actual consequences happen to them as a result of your decisions - entire towns could be killed depending on dialogue choices. And I agree, smaller, stand-alone questlines would be a lot better than a big, epic one. I just wish we could get a proper set of modding tools so the community could build their own more easily instead of just model and texture swaps and minor conveniences.

They live over a century but definitely less than a millennium. No witcher in the realm has ever been known to die of natural causes, so it's hard to be exact.
Vesemir is about 200-300 years old, but he also looks (and complains that he feels) old. He's spry for an old man, but a lifelong exercise regimen will keep anyone in great shape for their age.
It's remarked in the books that while witchers are long-lived for 'humans', they don't measure up to Sorceresses in that regard; Yen is around a decade older than Geralt, but looks younger, so that should give you some indication.
On the other hand, that could just be Yen's propensity for youthfulness; The oldest human mage in the novels was over a half-millennium old, but he looked like he'd only held about four of those centuries at bay; Despite his immense magical power he was physically decrepit.
Elves typically live for around three centuries. Francesca Findabair, being an elf and a mage, has lived for over a millenium and is still regarded as the most beautiful woman alive.
It's also mentioned in the books that mages use potions to retard their ageing, so it could be possible to prolong a witcher's lifespan further than their biological limits using such a method- maybe even as long as Francesca. Who knows?

In other news. what's the over-under on Netflix's Witcher adaption being a heap of 'progressive' horseshit?

Thats the first time I heard about a netflix witcher adaption and I can tell you its highly likely to be progressive bullshit because thats all they have been shitting out ever since soros started funding them

Combat gets boring very fast, but it was a decent game
Also potions break the game if you pick the alchemy tree

Alchemy was even more broken in II, as were bombs. Signs were weaksauce, as magic usually is in these types of games.

Alchemy was kinda broken in both directions in 2 since there were a whole bunch of big story related fights that happened right after cutscenes that would clear your buffs so you couldn't use potions at all for them. I remember for one of the last few fights the only place you could potion up was on a tiny little one square foot ledge in between two combat areas that they probably forgot to tag for being in-combat. I also remember signs being pretty good, or at least quen was.

It was decent if you were a lore autist interested in the Aleyid.

It might be good if they let Polish crew be in control. Probably shit if Americans will be in charge. Guaranteed shit if Brits, Canadians, or Swedes are involved. Currently, it looks like Platige are the ones with creative control ad that their film is just being turned into a series. Some sites say that Sapkowki is involved too, and he might be crazy enough to tell Netflix to go fuck themselves and publicly disown the serial if they try to diversify it.

I guess the music is nice but overall TW3 is almost as bad as the other two games which are only marginally better than older Bioware games.

Anyways it would be really nice if Witcherfags could just stay on whatever site they came from, I don't want to be mean but clearly you don't belong here so just go away.

you are what's wrong with America.

Awful bait.

I stole this game.
I had the best intentions to enjoy it over a long holiday.
I played it for 5 hours.
I never had an inclination to load it up again.

I had fun with it. However the final boss-battle was really glitchy. Never died from it but you would expect the developers to make sure a final boss actually works as they planned.

In the books it is mentioned that Vesemir compins about his old age only as an excuse, he is as capable as other witchers.

Sorcerers do age just like normal people, but they take special potions that halt the aging process. The mage who created the potion was already old and senile by that time, so he is the oldest living sorcerer. He is also under the impression that the potion is availiable for everybody and humanity is now full of ageless superhumans, not knowing that sorcerers keep his shit to themselves.

Is that really its best competition?

The expansions are actually the best parts of the game in my opinion. They offer an assload of new content, and easily the best storytelling in the series.

I do love the manticore set though, shit is cash.

Lookswise I'd have to go with bear school armor. I dyed that shit a tasteful purple and it's my go to when I'm just roaming the world.

Name something that also provides such a fuckton of content.

Just downloaded the expansions !

Only if she is a sorceress and even then she remains spiteful, bitchy and petty. That's a point the book and the game make constantly.

so uh… any word on Cyberpunk yet? i heard it's going to be a sandbox open world rpg. CDPR is even doing a new dialogue system. what makes them think anyone wants lengthy in depth dialogue in a video game? bet it's going to be trash. Speaking of sandbox open world rpgs, what are you guys hoping for in Skyrim 2? man i'm so hyped, fallout 4 was great!

Nothing. It's just people being defensive regarding the fact that Netflix has been releasing a shitton of progressive crap so they think that Witcher will suffer the same fate.

I take it you havent seen/played the blood and wine expansion where he literally says its the 15th century in context of a women entering fistfights

They're quite good. I would possibly suggest when you get to doing Blood & Wine to not finish the main quest until you're sure you're done playing. It ends on a sort of fanservice ending and it really makes it feel like the adventures of Geralt are done. Figured I'd give you a heads up.

Don't you mean to finish the main quest first?

I thought the game was pretty mediocre. Started out solid, but became really repetitive after a while, including quests. After the blood baron questline the game just gradually went downhill.

I mean Blood & Wine's main quest, not the vanilla game. It doesn't matter by any means if you do it first as you can continue to finish any side stuff you have left over so it's no big deal. But the ending of B&W's main story quest really feels like the end of the series is what I'm attempting to say if it makes sense.

Are you saying there are plebs here that dont finish the main storyline before starting the expansions in games?

Well, possibly yeah. But I mean more that there's a LOT to do in Toussaint. Though I did read somewhere someone wanting to know if they can do B&W before Hearts of Stone, and you can, but B&W's main quest is good way to end your adventure. I can't really explain without going into spoiler territory of course.

Shit now I want to play again talking about it. I legitimately love the shit out of the Witcher series.

I haven't played the game myself, but I've overheard my brother playing it from time to time and I appreciate that the Skelligans sound pretty authentically Northern Irish. I can't think of many pieces of media that aren't either set here or use actors from here that actually get our accent(s) right.

They are mocking the argument by switching the sides between usual argumentation of this nature, which makes the whole thing sounds silly and shows the amount of mental gymnastics you need to do, to accept that as an argument and a fact.

Everybody knows women can't fight as good as men.

Northern Irish? I thought with the dragonships and the names they were "vikings", scandinavians all of them.

Witcher games are fun with the accents. Maybe Irish VAs were cheaper or Poles don't like Scandinavians.

The first time I got the ending where Syanna kills Anarietta and with that on top of the fanservice ending I just felt like it was time to end the playthrough. Had to put the game down. I still had tons of shit to do in Toussaint, but I just couldn't bring myself to continue on. That's probably why I feel this way about ending B&W's main quest for when you're sure you're done romping about Toussaint. It was a real bittersweet ending, but it was a good way to end the series I thought.

this shouldn't exist

Finished the whole trilogy months ago, all DLC's included.

Blew me away. Never experienced anything better in vidya, everything about it was right up my alley and I can't help finding other games dull compared to it. I'm probably gonna smack my head on a rock repeatedly if this goes on just so I lose the memory of playing it and do it all over again.

Also Triss sucks, if you didn't pick Yen you did it wrong.

Yeah, for whatever reason all their stuff looks Scandinavian but they mostly have our accent.

i thought they had welsh accents honestly, but i'm not a britbong so what do I know.

Can't blame you for not knowing the accents as you're not from here.

Supreme taste. Yen>>>Triss all day long.

I felt the same way. Though I did play a little longer past the B&W ending. It didn't feel right, plus I was a bit burnt out so stopped there. Going to go back to the series again at some point, maybe at the end of the year. Got Witcher 1 Gold edition as well.

Shivering Isles has less content than either Tribunal or Bloodmoon
It adds like 5 side quests out of which only 1 has any depth and the main quest is busy work in the shitty dungeons

I'll probably end up playing the entire series again, but Witcher 3 is def my favorite as I think it the most all around solid package. Think I've beaten it 3 times now, though I've only done Blood & Wine twice. Each time I stumble upon new shit I've never done before and somehow missed. Gets me pretty pumped to see what they do with Cyberpunk.

And yeah, as far as the accents go the stereotypical British and Scottish accents are the only ones that I find easy to identify. After that they tend to blend together a bit to me, probably cause I'm an outsider and don't pick up on the subtleties.

I'd probably say 3 is my favourite as well. Cautiously optimistic about Cyberpunk as it has been years and still nothing. If its the game I think it is/want it to be, then it will be great.

The accents are great because they help make the different regions and people stand out. Whereas if I went with Polish dub they'd all sound the same.

I let him go and got his treasures from his hideout, it turned out people were trying to con him for killing monsters in the area after all

Her face in the first pic is what makes it turn from disgusting to hilarious.

I hope you aren't being serious. Bloodmoon has a lot of bullshit fetch quests in the samey barren white landscape.

They're also both ancient
In any case, I'm not sure how anyone can claim Tribunal having more content than Shivering Isles though

Tribunal>ravenrock in bloodmoon>rest of bloodmoon=isles. Only in morrowind I feel like I own some real estate in game. And tribunal looks awesome, plays awesome and everything is right.

t. Sweden

Read the books. She might be better, but that doesn't mean much. Still a frigid bitch (emotionally, not sexually).

Literally compare the number of quests in both
Shivering Isles has less content than even Skyrim's Dawnguard and Dragonborn.

Its a trash expansion that was only elevated to its status because of how awful the base game's over world was and how "lol so randum" Sheogorath was.

19 main story quests (half is optional) and 19 sidequests in Tribunal.

14 main quests (with 2 being 2 quests grouped together) and 6 sidequests in Shivering Isles.

However, a lot of Tribunal quests are just padding. For example, the one about investigating the ruins requires you to go in, see some mobs fighting and go out, then report to Almalexia. One of the quests is just coming in and talking to Barenziah. The Smith's Apprentice involves you talking to a guy once and telling him about a job.
There is none of that Lazy shit in SI aside from Work is Never Done, that quest can go fuck itself.

Yeah they were pretty much Vikings but I guess they didn't want to subject the players to horrible foreign second language accents for the whole Skellige arc so they just got some native English speakers instead.

Wise move tbh

Gwent is fucking awful. I got this game because I want to slice people with swords, not play with autism cards. If I wanted to play autism cards I'd go hang out with the smelly fat guys at the autism card store downtown.

You only have to play it once in the beginning of the game

No fucking shit
That type of quest design is Bethesda's bread and butter. Shivering Isles isn't any different. The only good quest in the expansion I can think of is the cursed town one.

Most of the quests are either "Go talk to this guy and report back" or "Go clear this dungeon"
Half of the quests in the main quest list are just dungeons with nothing interesting in them.

Are the English translations good?

I don't remember too many problems with them. One of the books is properly translated, the rest are fan translations. They're perfectly fine though and I strongly recommend reading the books as CDPR didn't do a great job of Geralt and Yen's relationship/connection.

Completely optional. I do prefer dice poker as its a much simpler and fun game, but I'll give Gwent a proper try next time around.

They recently got officially translated and I think all but one of them have an audio book too.

If only it was voiced by Dandelion's VA.

No shit? Where the links at?

Once too many times.

i've read the first book and the translation is okay. Some of the names of places were a bit different. I think the American and British versions of the books were translated by different people and the British version is better or something? I might be wrong, but i believe i heard that somewhere. I read the American version of Last Wish if that's the case.

different as in to the games

i didn't like the Witcher 3 version of gwent that much either. the standalone they're doing is bretty gud tho.

Someone has uploaded the audio books on youtube

Best ending (and canon ending) is Ciri sacrifice herself stopping the white frost, Geralt kills the last crone for Vesemir pendant freeing Velen and dies a Witcher death right after that, the emperor get fucked and the north is free (or better: under Radomir, his witch hunters becoming a state service that does the same things Witchers use to do, just way less efficiently/cool but there are barely any witcher left anyway).
And with their deaths an entire cycle is completed, something new can begin.

Anyone thinking otherwise is an American faggot that think that happy endings are good endings.

I was bummed that my homeboy seigfried didn't appear at all in W3
Not even a cameo or anything.
Also, it imo it seemed like not romancing either sorceress is the better choice. Bachelor geralt is safe from political/magic drama, doesn't have to listen to cunts, AND his daughter visits him at his fancy vineyard

if Ciri's dead you get Dandelion instead. It's obviously the best option.

There is a differece but I cannot put my finger onto it.

Skin, eyes, eyebrows.

Why do you even watch that, Jesus.

I bet you like anarchy too, faggot.

Eyebrows are white as well.
Geralt is noticeably paler and veins are showing on his face.
The pupil is noticeably thinner, the eye color is a lot more unnatural.

i didn't even know tv guide was still around. also the color of his hair might not be related to ancestry, but the color of his skin sure as fuck is. unless being black is a mutant thing too…

actually that'd be pretty funny

No. They change names of characters and places and it's full of "localization" of the worst kind. The Brazilian translation, for example, is far more faithful to the original.
What the fuck is wrong with American translators? From books, to games and movies, they keep changing shit, thinking they are better than the original writer.

black guys have been doing voice acting for white characters before witcher was even a game series, just like women often do voice work for young male characters. of course now its totally just sticking it to whitey and not casting based on talents or appropriate voice right?

Shiiieeeeeeeeeet

Only humans can become Witchers.

there's a book in Witcher 3 that said the school of the Cat was mostly elvish if i remember right.

Why must [current year] ruin everything.

Dont worry, its just some faggot writing about his hope for geralt to be played by a nigger. The show is still going to be netflix so there are plenty of things that can go wrong though

That is either a missunderstanding or a misstranslation.
There are no elven witchers but witchers use a style based on elven martial arts.

It will be mostly accurate I think. Witcher series has potential to do well, at least deal a significant blow to Game of Thrones. Similar enough worlds with politics, both even have an end of the world scenario relating to cold/ice.

However, they will poz it up. Geralt might be bisexual, strong female Witcher who don't need no man, all the women will be average at best. Certainly some niggers from the other lands will be involved.

I wouldn't worry. There has never been a propper adaptation of the Witcher series aside from the videogames (to a degree).

I mean have you seen the original TV show? It's fucking terrible.

They could always just create the school of the ape.

maybe, this is what it says in English so I don't know.

The "elven stock" bit is what made me believe they were mostly elves. source here, it's from getting the cat gear. it was my favorite witcher gear quest thing too. witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Laboratory_log

Elven stock could mean mixed breed. I doubt any elf is going to join a Witcher school.

could be yeah.

An upgraded igni was so OP in W1 it was ridiculous.

i really enjoyed Sewer Level - The Expansion

Elves are white.

it was pretty good. Main reason why it kinda sucked is because the main story was garbage, the lead bad guy got like 12 sentences of input throughout the entire game. wtf is that?

No idea. I have read all in the original language.
t. Poland stronk

They are probably the worst translation. If you can read any other version, just do that instead.

Original English translators for Witcher books were actually Polish nobodies living and teaching at a university in UK if I remember correctly. Names were probably altered so that they would not be too difficult for English speakers. It was a dumb move because they usually sound awkward after changes and strip book off of all the Slavic flavor. Translators should look at how Russian books are translated to English, especially ones written by Dostoevsky or Tolstoy. Contrary to popular belief, Americans and Brits are not stupid and can handle foreign words once in a while.

It already happened in the old TV series. She was only in 2 episodes and she was thirsty for Gerlat's dick.

Serious question time.

Is this game actually good?
I got it with my video card like two years ago, and it's been sitting in my library, untouched.

It looks pretty and okay, but I'm sick of fantasy shit. Also the game strikes me like it's some big universal selfwank fanfic that revolves around Geralt. That's the biggest reason I haven't bothered installing it.

It's fantasy so if you're sick of fighting vampires, werewolves and other fantasy things then yea it's not going to be your game. The game also revolves around ciri actually but what do you expect from a game? Most games revolve around their protaganist, it's only natural.

Imagine Monster Hunter but more serious.

That actually sounds pretty fucking awesome.

Well tone your expectations down because the combat isn't anywhere near as deep or compelling. You get one moveset the whole game, there's none of the stamina management, and unless you're playing on the hardest difficulty the enemies are all pushovers. Really the only part of gameplay that's directly comparable to Monster Hunter is the metric fuckloads of consumables and bombs and monster components and shit and all the enemies having weaknesses to one or another of them.

Yeah I didn't quite explain it right the first time around.
Let me explain, Imagine Monster Hunter, but you're playing as a mutated slav Max Payne.

Yes, you hunt monsters and make shit out of them but most of the plot is told in like a detective narrative, with the main character being a stoic borderline sociopathic asshole.

Okay, good to know, thanks.
All that said, I'm still way more interested in it now than when I had entered the thread. So, thank you for that.

The game plays nothing like Monster Hunter, tough.
I can't even see the connection between the two other than "you kill monsters and sometimes they're big", but that's almost any fantasy game.

It's monster hunter for the babby action game crowd, aka westerners.

In some DLC you can get some Order of the Flaming Rose clothing, but that's about it.

If you go in expecting Monster hunter you'll be very disappointed. Go in expecting slightly more tactical Skyrim with monster hunting quests and slightly better writing.

Yea it's clear you came in this thread just to shit on the game but the writing is lightyears ahead of skyrims. At least shit on things the game actually is shit at

Skyrim's writing wasn't awful barring the main plot and lore rape. Witcher 3's wasn't amazing either.

No but it make sense, Emyr built his Empire own guile and basically scaring his nobles into submission to get a military budget.
But by the time of the Witcher III, he's in a faulty logical loop where he need to use his army (his only real power) to win wars to justify having everyone pay for his army which backs him to stay in power.
Even if he wins he's still fucked on a fairly short term instead of a very short term.
Which is why the most complex ending to get is "the empire wins", because even in that version he's so hated by his own people he still has to abdicate for his daughter.
And even in that version the North is just vassalized within the Empire (and not annexed) because of Roche.

There are only two scenarios where the empire loses. One where you don't kill Radovid and one where you supply proper information to Djikstra and let Roche get killed.

Not really. Emyr lives on as the Emperor if Ciri doesn't become a queen.

Skyrim is a complete turd. Witcher 3 is far from perfect but still light-years ahead.

The witcher 3 is the mature game made by mature gamers for mature gamers.

Different styles of storytelling
Skyrim is a high fantasy with a blank slate characters and a lot more freedom. You build you own story by making pacts with gods, joining guilds and shit. The main story is bad but it's like 5% of the game. It's in the same style as the games that came before it, like Morrowind, but with worse plot structure and writing, especially quest writing. I think it does dialogue a lot better than the past games since there's actual dialect now but that's offset by the limited number of choices and worse writing overall.

Witcher is a low fantasy with an established character so it's more plot focused with an emphasis on politics. Since Geralt is already a established character they can write better character interactions with him.

Both do their jobs, but while Skyrim is servicable Witcher 3 is above average. The Witcher series is a dime a dozen fantasy anyway and its' writing isn't amazing compared to its contemporaries. It just happened to make for a popular game series.

e.g. not lazy as shit. After you play skyrim about an hour or two you start to notice how everything is copy-pasted. Witcher 3 manages to feel fresh for many more hours.

Writing is about a lot more than just the plot. How effectively is a small side quest story told? Witcher 3 does it well, Skyrim is dogshit.

Like?

Sorry, no. This is not the game I wanted. Not in the least bit. The series is great, and the third is a good game, but it's not what was promised to us. It was bright and sunny, overly colorful and lacked any sort of dark atmosphere without the appropriate mods. Not to mention the story was weak and equally as boring as the first two.

The combat was innovative, but it wasn't fun in the least bit. It didn't leave me satisfied, nor was it any sort of a challenge.
Though the open world was pretty impressive, but still boring as fuck. It was pretty to ride, and actually having to avoid looking into the sun since it literally hurt your eyes.
Everything was alive, which was cool. I was still incredibly bored to fucking hell until the very end of the main game.
However, the first DLC was great. Holy shit I loved the demon cat and dog.

BaV is better

Sorry I don't like fucking blood sucking fetish bullshit.

I like emo faggotry far more than "goth" gay shit don't judge me

The Dark Tower (my favorite of his King's multiverse)
Wheel of Time
Conan

Honestly, I didn't even know Elri- I mean Witcher existed until the games came out.

As for the game's writing, the contrivances in the third half kind of killed it for me but I liked how most characters were written.

Are you talking about the environmental design?

Honestly the small side quests weren't that much different from previous games they didn't bother me that much. Guild quests were downgraded a lot, but some like the Mage's college were enjoyable for the lore alone.

Well come to think of it. I liked the set up when it came to character writing but they squandered it at the end with contriving ending that didn't make sense for characters like Ciri, never truly resolving conflicts with characters like Yenn and Tris (felt like if you chose one it's on no consequence to the other unless you choose both then it's a gag ending) them not writing an ending for characters like Dandelion

you are correct that they have different ways of storytelling, but if I understand what you're saying correctly I would argue it's for different reasons.

The Witcher is narrative driven. Bethesda's games have only ever been dungeon crawling games and instead that drives the narrative, at least for the most part. Bethesda needs a reason to send you to the dungeons, where as the Witcher does the opposite and instead asks what could the player do and where could they go. Sure you're diving into small caves and ruins to hunt the occasional beast, but it's definitely not the focus of the game as it is with TES. However, in both cases the main story mainly serves as a way to get the player to move to the next area. As much as I enjoyed HoS's and B&W's main quests, the Wild Hunt was pretty meh. The side quests is what really kept me playing the vanilla game, and the Wild Hunt was just the thread to get me to go somewhere else.

Bethesda's style lends itself to its more free-form-be-who-you-want except in Fallout 4 cause Bethesda thought they could pull it off for whatever dumb reason. That's pretty bewildering as the main reason people like to replay those games, as do I, is cause you can be a different character with different abilities each time. In Witcher, you can do different builds, but you're still Geralt at the end of the day. I like Witcher's writing a lot, but at most there's only three, usually two, choices in the dialogue hinted by yellow text in which progresses the events. It's not as in depth as people make it out to be, and likewise neither has Bethesda's ever. Even in Morrowind you're just clicking links and mostly getting copy-pasted text. The only difference in this is that CDPR's writers are currently better than Bethesda's.

What's interesting to me is how CDPR is going to tackle the storytelling for Cyberpunk as they have said it's going to be more sandbox with classes and a new dialogue system. Seems like they want to do more free-form this time from reading/watching interviews so I'm curious.. They at least have some understanding of what it actually means to "roleplay" when many developers have forgotten these days. That is refreshing in my opinion if a bit depressing as technically they're not doing anything new, just things developers stopped doing.

There's an entire set out there of monsters fucking the Witcher grils with accompanying flavour text.

Go ahead.
I don't even care anymore.
I even want to watch it happen.
Watch it happen and fail like anything else in this world failed with forced diverstiy.
Watch it burn while I sit here and laugh my fat ass off, knowing, that this was going to happen.

Dubs worthy of a bump.

I loved it, even though I own it on Xbox One.

And before you snarl and sneer, I would have played it on PC but I have a ASUS K52J laptop (i3M, 4Gb ram, 1 Gb ATi Radeon 6-something series) that struggles to play STALKER in Direct X 11 so I'm kinda limited to PC games.

Still, game was/is great. Now I'm going back to Stalking the Zone.

Wanna know what'll really piss you off?
I installed STALKER: Call of Pryipat with the COMPLETE mod…
On Windows 10, and the new "Game Mode" doesn't work with it.
It runs at 43-10 FPS
I am ready for your hate

It's a fucking opinion piece from TV Guide, calm the fuck down you overreacting spastic.

Direct "overreacting spastic" at yourself, you fucking worthless retard.

So easily triggered by being told to calm down over a TV guide opinion piece that matters for nothing. Jesus, reddit is more suited for your temperament the mods there will protect you from being assblasted this hard.

Hahaha, you really got him, he genuinely thought you were a raging retard, you were actually just pretending to be a raging retard, hahah damn he got fucking outplayed bruh, 10/10

Oh wow look all the the hecks I don't have to give.

4f7fcf pls go, we had a good thread up till now

You're asking me to leave for telling someone to calm down and not the person getting buttflustered over a TV Guide article that means nothing?

You leave.

I thought it would have been implied with the obvious difference between a blank slate versus an established character, especially when character writing is involved which I mentioned. Low and high fantasy is an important distinction too when it comes to writing style.

Certain elements of skyrim get more hate than it it really warrants because of other, more obvious, faults.

Damn bruh, you are lit as fuck dude. I just got so BUUURNED xD

Btw, I hear t_d is back online, why don't you fuck off where you came from?

I don't see how that matters in this context. Lord of the Rings is high fantasy and it's good. So is the Wheel of Time, which you mentioned before reading through your posts. Where as TES and Warcraft are high fantasy but not well written. Same goes for low fantasy. It doesn't mean much on its own as you seem to think it does? At least not in this case. They're not styles, just subgenres.

I don't understand what you mean by this. Character writing should always be involved, maybe not in a surrogate type of protagonist, but at least in relationships. Lack of good characters leads to uninteresting writing, even if the lore is in depth. I can tell you about all the Daedric Princes and other stuff, but I still do not care about the characters themselves in TES and never have outside of a few notable ones. On the opposite end of this, I couldn't tell you much about Mass Effect's lore, but I could tell you about some of my favorite characters like Garrus at least.

Also, I'd argue that Geralt was a blank slate. Remember he loses his memory in the first game. His character building is having to be redone by rebuilding relationships with characters that are new to you and that he forgot. Most you have to go on is that Geralt is a witcher, the world building, and that characters know who you are. From there it's the relationship writing and dialogue that builds your perception of Geralt and how you roleplay as him until he starts to regain his memory in Witcher 2 and goes full swing in Witcher 3.

I'll agree with this yeah, but the writing is still not great. It's mostly ever "go do this here's why" with no real sense of care. You could say it needed to be vague for the player's imagination to run wild, but even so Fallout 1, 2, NV, and as well as other rpgs, have certainly done it better and more in depth. I remember characters from those games while most of the characters in Bethesda's games I do not outside of having to speak to them so many times on different playthroughs.

Sorry for my autism by the way, I know it's bad on this topic. Video game writing and how it works with the interactivity of the medium is just really interesting to me.

I meant to add you can still be the Geralt you feel is right in the Witcher games too, though within the parameters that CDPR built of course.

How can user even recover?!

Your opinions are correct.

And you have to get pretty out of your way to make any of those NOT happen. Especially killing Radovid. Any hesitation to killing a fucking king (the thing that Geralt has been unjustly accused of if you can remember) you have to basically be wanting to kill him BEFORE the conspirators actually propose it to you. It's extremely easy to miss that quest (for a good reason in case you haven't noticed, red and white, white crowned eagle = Poland… Radovid is the not-polish king making not-Poland great again).

Helping Roche doesn't come naturally to anyone which again is the more likely canon, Geralt went with his fellow freaks, which he died defending once already, trying to save hostages in the witcher II and NOT with the guys that tortured him, he didn't kill Kadwein king either. He liked Foltest yeah but never was a Temerian nationalist… that's the in first dialog with Vesemir in witcher III, who supports Temeria but clearly not Geralt even with the right save.
That entire arc is against his character.

Yeah but it doesn't make sense. If he could really go on it's own, then he wouldn't need to abdicate for Ciri if given the chance now would it?

Hi Jacque.

This doesn't apply to TES games.
Since Daggerfall, every game in the series takes pride in how much you can ignore the main quest.

Dunno. If the Poles remain in charge, chances are Netflix Witcher might end up being pretty good. If the Americans, I'm going with a general 'meh'. West Euros will create a shit series no matter what, likely with forced Moslem refugee bullshit nobody likes.

I listened to the whole series on Audible and they seemed good, Not all the books are good, some are meth while some are top notch

I know this was typed in jest, but fucking hell this depresses the hell out of me. The Black Company could never be portrayed accurately due to BLM losing their shit at seeing black people committing the same atrocities 'whit debils' did back in the day. Hell, we wouldn't even get a good toned down BC because half the shit they pull is ambiguous at best, downright amoral at worst. I mean, could you even IMAGINE how people would react to the part where the company storms the rebel base and starts torturing the partisans and gang raping the female captives?

You'd have BLM, the Feminazis, and fucking Obama (how is this twat still relevant) demanding the series ends right there. The worst part? I would fucking strangle a Elf just to have Goblin and One Eye appear on the screen at least once.

I never read the books nor played any of the games. Are the books good? How do they fare against GoT?

Wasn't One Eye the only black person in the Black Company? I recall them making a point about his dark skin which would imply that the rest of the company was generically white european like the northerners, at least until they moved south and became like 98% African/Indian/Middle Eastern/whatever the fuck the people down south were supposed to be.

Read both series and I like GoT better.

Was the BC the ones that raped Ciri's lover, Mistle? It's the only time I recall "mass" rape mentioned in the books

The Witcher short stories are better than GOTs rambling. GOTs rambling is better than The Witcher's novels. GOT's short stories are better than The Witcher's short stories.
Basically:
Dunc & Egg, etc > TW short stories > ASOIAF > TW novels

Sapkowski is a "creative consultant" but that means only two things: Jack and Shit. Netflix is pure HIV since Soros invested so I don't expect them to pull off a proper Witcher at all. Grey area nuance where everyone is a dick is beyond the collective borderline personality disorder that is the SJW movement.

Witcher or Black Company? The witcher translations generally suck. Glenn Cook's Black Company however follows the exploits of a Mercenary company in service to a pack of nasty wizards crushing a rebellion. I'd say GOT is probably better if you're into epic scope shit, but if you just want a fun swords and sorcery action novel, I'd go with the Black Company.

You're right. I do recall the author proclaiming that the senior members of the company are black, probably trying to make a PC point I guess.

Nah. The Black Company is from a different series by Glenn Cook.

Heard that good, is it? Currently reading Broken Empire and Mazalan the Fallen, how does that compare?

I enjoyed the first few Black Company stories a lot more than most of the Malazan novels and the later ones on-par or just below but they're really pretty different styles of stories. If you loved the Chain of Dogs plot line from Deadhouse Gates you'll probably love Black Company since that's probably the most similar bit but overall BC is a lot more casual and traditional in buildup and payoff than Malazan.

Maybe he was just confused and forgot how pretty much everyone but the wizards was from the Empire. He is pretty old after all, and there's loads of continuity errors in Garrett PI due to it being written over almost 30 years.

Just got to Skellige, god, this place is fucking beautiful.

Velen was kinda dreary, I hate the city Novigrad, Skellige is definitely the best, that fucking background track too.

Of course, but for the first time playing it still helps to send you places is what I was attempting to get at. After that you can just drop in an alternate start mod. I'd also say that Oblivion's main quest, if you get to a certain point, isn't necessarily unavoidable due to the oblivion gates popping up when and wherever. The dragons in skyrim are a bit of the same way, though not as annoying.

Skellige is also my favorite region except the sailing. But it is really beautiful.

I loved Novigrad though, as well as the city of Beauclair in Toussaint. They feel like actual cities that are lived in. I enjoyed walking through the streets.

Cant fucking stand Witcher 3. Where do I start?

Guys come on, theres way better shit out there

This I do not get, I played through the entire game and barely had to get into any boat at all. In fact I went out of my way to not fast travel and use the boat more. The rides themselves never take more than a minute or two and I only remember a mandatory one being the boat ride near the end of the main quest.

You can also fast travel while in a boat to harbor marks once you've discovered them. So I'm not sure what the user means by not being able to skip them outside of the mandatory one you mentioned.

So how do you heal?

inb4 quen HP shield
That shit doesn't heal all that well.

You can use food to heal a bit, swallow potions are more powerful though yeah.

it is so easy just to stockpile food and chow down

I was mostly referring to the long boat ride in the main quest. However, the game also wastes your time through fucking plays and running around talking to people with minimal interactivity.

The play quest to find Dudu was pretty fun I thought. I also don't understand this complaint, would you rather not have dialogue in an rpg?

Ciri will be a stronk womyn who kicks any man who tells her she's attractive right in the nuts for sexually harassing her

Boats are cool. The only people to not like boats are niggers, who never invented them.

Theres a difference between having dynamic dialog that engages the player, versus pointless conversation trees. Almost every conversation in the game is pointless. Fuck, even a game like Divinity: OS with lots of dialog manages to make conversations matter through character traits based on dialog choices. What choices you choose actually matter and can affect the course of quests

But you said here

So which is it? No effect or yes? Or is it you think the choices are pointless, like what you do with Keira Metz who's outcome can be entirely different?

Wether metz lives or dies doesn't matter at all in the long run. What I am saying is that in a 40 hour game absolutely packed with dialog, its insulting how little of it actually matters in the long run. Its similar to a telltale game with how the game gives the illusion of choice. Yes, some choices matter near the end, but its very, very shallow when compared to a game like Divinity OS.

Oh, sure. More time with Ciri would've been nice. But I disagree about Keira Metz. Radovid can kill her, you can kill her, but if she goes to Kaer Morhen she'll save Lambert. Geralt is too late to help him if Keira isn't there. And Lambert and Keira fall in love too.

Actually, let me correct myself. I think Lambert's death is due to Geralt being too late. I don't remember though. But that would make it more gameplay related than dialogue choice related like you said, but with Keira there you don't have to worry about it I believe. It's been a while.

Dialog that changes the games outcome is moronic, only gameplay should effect the games outcome. Dialog is for exposition and story telling.

Alright, you win. This is the stupidest thing I have seen in months.

You can save that whiny prick without Keira's help.

That's what I said when I corrected myself, yes. But I want to say with Keira it makes it guaranteed he lives? But I don't remember.

You know I'm right. Dialog options that impact the outcome of the game reduce the game to a glorified multiple choice quiz. The outcome of the game should depend on the real meat of the gameplay, not bullshit "pick a choice from this list".

Yeah, his health drops over time, if you don't get there in time he dies. With Keira it skips that, automatically gets you a cutscene where she saves him.

Thank you user. It's been months since I last did a playthrough so I was uncertain.

So Keira finally got a witcher of her own? She wanted once since she landed on Geralt during the assault on Thanas

Clearlu youve never played a game that does it well. Many games give your characters passive traits based on personality, like increased lucky find for materialistic characters. You gain passive points in conversation, and this allows you to actually build a characters personality which also has an effect on gameplay. Its hardly multiple choice, if you want an asshole character just be an asshole

I haven't read the books past The Last Wish yet so no idea, but yeah She and Lambert can get together in Witcher 3. I think it says something like they just travel around, I don't think they settle down anywhere but it's probable I'm misremembering.

Glorified multiple choice.

Sorry for the spolier then user. Be warned not all the books are good, some are decent at best while others are okay. Overall its over hyped series. Also the audio books are better, the narrator does a damn good job.

Did you even read what I said? Its not like you have to guess. Whats wrong with letting somebody build a character in a RPG? Is a almost VN like witcher 3 really better? Passive points lets RP fags tailor their characters to what they want and greatly increases build variety. Is thay really worse than witcher 3's garbage skill trees and progression? Look, all I wish is that the game was more engaging and RPG like. The game plays like a fucking movie with some tedious combat thrown in. Gwent is really the best part of the thing.

I'm not that worried about spoilers. The games basically do spoil the books in a fashion. And I'll check out the audio books if I have the time. I really liked Last Wish, but I have heard the short stories are better than the saga itself.

That guy was a huge asshole and CD Project Red knows that

You realise they're talking about casting him for the netflix show right?

On high level, food health is ultra slow.

The easiest way to heal is the troll decoction.

Can you explain what you mean by this?

Because every big choices and consequence games are about pick your dialogs.

Witcher 3 is amazing. Fucking spoiled all and any other games for me. There is no Witcher 4 that we know if, the developers are working on a totally different game. Witcher didn't have a lot of graphic sex, but the few sex scenes were good. A bit too much of "muh feminism" and there is one brief interaction with a faggot, but not a single nigger in game.

While here, can anyone recommend a game sort of in the same category as "Witcher 3?" I ask oftenn and I have an entire list of games I've tried, but nothing comes quite close. Also, Witcher on PS and Xbox edits out some of the more graphic scenes.

DLs are definitely worth the shekels. If they do end up making a 4th one, by that time Ciri will come out as either a dyke or a "trans0gender."

Do you mean the tranny Elf? I liked that conversation, mostly cause you get to find out what happened to Kalkstein.

What did Kalkstein mean by this?

Ciri had a lesbian experience in the novels before the whole SJW retardedness started.
As for similar games that I have also enjoyed:
Dark Souls series
Breath of the Wild
Risen (2 and 3 are OK but the first one is the best)
Two Worlds (the first one, the second one is shit)
Gothic series (old but good if you can get in to them)
Dragon's Dogma
Kingdoms of Amalur
Dragon Age (completely pozzed but I played it as a non-human hating supremacist and enjoyed the salty writing the Bioware cucks spew if you make the "wrong" choice)
Divinity Original Sin (this one's a bit of a stretch but it's worth a look anyway)
Bear in mind the quality of these titles vary greatly, from the good to the mediocre-but-similar-if-you-need-a-fix-that-badly.

I don't think so mate, I think it was an actual queer but not an elf. You get a choice between responding either "you're sick, get away from me" or " I know how you feel, I'm a freak too" if you want to get into out of him. Which seems kind of cheap, since you have to say it to get the info you want.

thanks mate, going to write these down. Are "Dark Souls" really all they are made out to be?

Nope. Everything is blown out of proportion. Yes they are difficult, in that they do not have an easy mode and if you don't git gud you will not progress. The game won't put itself on training wheels to make your day easier. But they're not that hard if you're patient and observant, and compared to NES games they're about average.
The combat is great and requires timing and positioning more than mashing buttons to spam cool combos like a cuhrazy faggot. The lore is there if you're interested, but it's not shoved in your face, and much of its "deepness" is a result of allusion and implication and interpretation.
Also, there are very few puzzles, and dialogue trees that are simple "yes/no" questions, but they can change which characters will help you out later, and NPCs will even behave differently depending on whether or not you spoke to them before completing key events.
Honestly, just go in blind and have a blast, that's what I did. Don't let Holla Forums shit on everything until after you've had your fill.

You are confusing the tranny elf with the gay hunter earlier game.

Oh yeah I forgot about the hunter.

The tranny elf isn't actually a tranny, just a crossdresser on bad day.

The gay hunter, on the other hand, leads to a lot people being killed.

Tranny as in transsexual fam. Like Frankenfurt from Rocky Horror. Not the transgender mumbo jumbo.

Or wait, I think it's transvestite. idk, all the same shit to me I guess.

I' thinking about playing it again now. Is there a way to fuck Trish without her stealing your shit and then having to kill her? She seems like she'd be semi-useful in first big battle, but to have her there you can't fuck her or else you need to kill her. I mean, sex scene isn't that great, not like you're missing out on much.

Dude what? Are you talking about Triss? Because none of what you said makes sense, even if you were.

Are you talking about Keira? I don't remember what you're saying happening with Triss in Witcher 3.

Sorry, Keira, yes, you're right, got em mixed up. Whenever I play, so far I always make the choice to end up with Triss just because Yenn is such a self-entitled cunt even enough she's better looking. I really wish the sex scenes were more graphic but then "muh feminists" would have had a shit fit.

For anyone interested in gwent, here's the stream they did for the open beta. Open beta starts on the 24th. If you're resistant due to not liking Gwent in Witcher 3, the standalone is pretty different now. I didn't like W3's gwent much either, but enjoyed the closed beta for the standalone a lot.

Have you not played Witcher 1 and 2? Cause Triss isn't that great fam.

So wait, yes, am talking about Keira. You don't wake up after fucking her and has stolen your shit and is going crazy with it and you have to kill her to get her to stop? Maybe I can use a spell on her to get her to calm down, have to try it… last 2 times I just killed the bitch since she wouldn't stop.

Also, anyone else play the game first on ps4/x-xbox one and then on PC and was amazed how much they censor out? Even the girls walking around naked in the club in novigard or all the dead girls Whoreson Junior kills and then leaves hanging up, they edited out in console version.

Don't see how it makes any sense, since kids just as likely to own a PS as a gaming console, all depends on the money not really maturity.

Triss in 1st game was Yen in disguise. They changed Yen to Triss, Ciri to Alvin, Dijkstra to Taler and some other shit, cant remember.

Just bought witcher 2 from steam (I know, I'm a sucker since I pay for my games). Once you get the hang of Witcher 3 and how much better the controls and everything else are, it's hard to work backward and adapt, but I'm going to do it since I'm missing the first 2/3 of the story.

For me, Witcher 3 is to vidya what LOTR pt 1 is to film.

You can fuck Keira and keep her on your side for the battle of Kaer Morhen, you just gotta play it right. When it gets to the point where she's gonna take the papers and leave, tell her Radovid will fuck her over and that she can holiday at your sweet castle instead, and she'll meet up with you there.

Triss is a self-serving bitch, but so is Yen. Triss is a redhead with freckles, and is therefore the superior flavour of self-serving bitch.
Shani is awesome, but she's a DLC side-bitch.

The worst part of the Witcher 2 was the way they did alchemy in my opinion. They don't last long, and you never know when a scene will lead into a battle. I usually recommend not doing alchemy builds for Witcher 2.

She's still the best girl.

No you not. Story of the 1st game is the same as in 3rd game. Story of the second game is elfs ruin everything, but no one cares
But same story is more epic in 3rd game with ragnarok, vikings, bald mountain and other cool shit.

perfect assessment

Is she the one who wants to be a Dr. or something or something and comes into the sewer with you as you fight the Spider? I should play it again now rather than mess with VR. There should have have been one really perfect blonde piece of ass in Touisant that Gerald gets to fuck for one reason or another….maybe a virgin who lives on the island with the hermit and the stone. We can't have shit like that or the feminist, Sarkessinite cancer screech to high-heaven.

Yes, and Shani's in the first game too. Also, it was a toad not a spider. It was play on the Frog Prince fairytales. Like Gaunter O'Dimm and Olgeird von Everec was a twist on the tale of Faust and his deal with the Devil.

twist on the tale of Faust
Pan Twardowski.

yes, of course you are correct, it is a toad. Have you heard anything about the chance of a witcher 4. I know the studio is working on something more "modern" and more "multicultural." IDK, for me, battlefield 1 with the NEGRO in WW ONE (!!!!) as the main character fight for all the European nations…it was almost like a parody on the idea of "The Old NEgro Space Program," but imagine how many young kids who have no idea about history will know thing negroes were the main combatants in ww 1? It's just fucking ponderous.

CDPR are working on Gwent and Cyberpunk 2077. Don't expect anything Witcher related anytime soon. Even if they do more Witcher stuff, it won't be Witcher 4. Geralt's story is over. Best thing they could do is maybe make a game about another school, set in the past and just have it be Hearts of Stone and Blood & Wine sized questlines and areas.

Theophilus of Adana

The ambiance, free roaming level design and quite a lot of things are nice, the whole "lore is only discovered not told, save by the environment" is really great, however make no mistake the difficulty some morons keep praising only reside in the fact the hitboxes are completely broken and that your char handles like an 18-wheeler.
It's trial and error mostly because you can't tell where and when the monster are hitting by just looking at the game, since the hitboxes/AOE/timings are completely disconnected from what is actually happening on the screen.
It's like playing Chivalry with a really shitty ping, only the enemies have only a certain types of patterns since they're NPC… once you figure out all the gimmicks it gets stale very fast and you can power through literally butt naked (proof that the combat system is actually shit and more related to guitar hero than anything else)…

What's this meme about Dark Souls 1 having bad hitboxes?

I mean the game is slow sure in DaS1, but in DaS3, you are faster than Geralt in W3.

It's not a meme it's a fact that you're still getting hit despite being clearly away of the attack effect depicted on the screen. The attack hitbox are nearly always way bigger than the size of the effect.
It's nothing you can't learn, but that's the main difficulty of Dark Soul, you can't rely on what's displayed on the screen. Which is why the difficulty is largely artificial and not actually organic to the fights since it's pattern based not reflex based combat.
Haven't played DS 3 but I'm willing to bet that's what they fixed and why so many people are complaining it's "easy now".

Can you post proof?

And all singe player games are pattern-based combat, silly user.

It's not like the enemies can suddenly learn new moves like actual human beings.

OK lads, so if you had $107 left in your Steam account and wanted a game as close to Witcher 3 as possible (ideally with a few more waifus), what do you get? I'm relying on experience of others since school just got out, and I imagine many of you have had more time to play the latest offerings.

Any ideas? Tbqh, steam has COD: MW 3 cheap and I wanted to blow dune coons away on streets of Paris, but of course they had to remove the goddam xbox controller option for that.

So about ~~$105, trusting you all lads, what should I get to keep me occupied for rest of the week?

Dark Souls 1+2+3
Dragon's Dogma

Pirate Mountain Blade & Gothic 1+2 on GOG.

Thanks me later.

ok, thanks mate, going to look into and pick one…

You should play Witcher 1+2 ya know?

yeah, I know. I already have witcher 2 (they had a sale a few months ago. Thing is, it's like…imagine if you saw LOTR part 3 in 4k, and then tried to watch 1 on an old black and white set. Actually, even that analogy isn't perfect because the entire method of control for the character is different.

IF they're not going to make a "witcher 4," I wish they do some some sort of "remastering" of the first 2 to sort of get them on the same level as witcher 3.

Fat chance, but please do play the first 2 games.

It's very rude to just start on the 3rd game.

Well, for something to be "rude" I think there has to be a party that is directly aggrieved, and even though I can't readily discern that party in the present circumstances, you are probably correct that jut in the interests of doing things…as they should be done, I ought to go back to one and play through.

I know this is way OT, but looking into the games where you get to play as leaders of the Crusades, are there any which allow you to play as Don Jon de Austria, the hero of Lepanto? It dives me insane that kids can graduate high school and even university with ever earning how Europe was saved from from the Turk by this man…is he at least, dar I hope, portrayed in any games?

Sadly no, maybe in Grand strategy games.

If you are looking for crusader games, Medieval 2 Total War completed is the boss at that kind of thing.

God, that depresses the hell out of me. WE aren't even permitted to celebrate our civilizations greatest heroes in our popular culture. On the chance anyone here can understand it, I'm leave a very famous poem by chesteron that celebrates Don Jon of Austria:

Lepanto Related Poem Content Details
BY G. K. CHESTERTON
White founts falling in the courts of the sun,
And the Soldan of Byzantium is smiling as they run;
There is laughter like the fountains in that face of all men feared,
It stirs the forest darkness, the darkness of his beard,
It curls the blood-red crescent, the crescent of his lips,
For the inmost sea of all the earth is shaken with his ships.
They have dared the white republics up the capes of Italy,
They have dashed the Adriatic round the Lion of the Sea,
And the Pope has cast his arms abroad for agony and loss,
And called the kings of Christendom for swords about the Cross,
The cold queen of England is looking in the glass;
The shadow of the Valois is yawning at the Mass;
From evening isles fantastical rings faint the Spanish gun,
And the Lord upon the Golden Horn is laughing in the sun.

Dim drums throbbing, in the hills half heard,
Where only on a nameless throne a crownless prince has stirred,
Where, risen from a doubtful seat and half attainted stall,
The last knight of Europe takes weapons from the wall,
The last and lingering troubadour to whom the bird has sung,
That once went singing southward when all the world was young,
In that enormous silence, tiny and unafraid,
Comes up along a winding road the noise of the Crusade.
Strong gongs groaning as the guns boom far,

(I won't post entire thing, doubt anyone is reading it anyway, it's a poem commemorating the last great naval battle between Christendom and Islam…God, Imagine how great a movie could be made about such a thing:

"Don John of Austria is going to the war,
Stiff flags straining in the night-blasts cold
In the gloom black-purple, in the glint old-gold,
Torchlight crimson on the copper kettle-drums,
Then the tuckets, then the trumpets, then the cannon, and he comes.
Don John laughing in the brave beard curled,
Spurning of his stirrups like the thrones of all the world,
Holding his head up for a flag of all the free.
Love-light of Spain—hurrah!
Death-light of Africa!
Don John of Austria
Is riding to the sea.

Mahound is in his paradise above the evening star,
(Don John of Austria is going to the war.)
He moves a mighty turban on the timeless houri’s knees,
His turban that is woven of the sunset and the seas.
He shakes the peacock gardens as he rises from his ease,
And he strides among the tree-tops and is taller than the trees,
And his voice through all the garden is a thunder sent to bring
Black Azrael and Ariel and Ammon on the wing.
Giants and the Genii,
Multiplex of wing and eye,
Whose strong obedience broke the sky
When Solomon was king."

WITCHER 3-FAGS, EVERYONE. FUCK OFF TO 4CHAN.

So why didn't I get to fuck the lady of the lake again in blood and wine?
Also I don't like how they changed her look

It's lazy. 99% of the game is exploration and combat, 1% is choosing dialog options. Yet choosing dialog options determines the outcome of the game? That's bad game design. The outcome of the game should be determined by the primary form of gameplay. It's an exploration and combat game, not a choose your own adventure book.

Your rudeness is uncalled for.

No, it revolves around Ciri, who is a marysue in every sense of the word.

How is it lazy?
You can only get access to certain dialog choices AFTER combat.

It's a fucking RPG fucker.

W3 has a very short amount of sex scenes full stop. W1 goes a bit overboard with how many women you can fuck while 2 and certainly 3 go a bit below it.

Decisions should be made during combat and exploration. Dialog should provide information only. Decisions during dialog is lazy.

Who the fuck are you to decide what decisions are to be made in a fucking RPG?

And no, they aren't lazy. This is a fucking RPG where you talk to people.

W3 has the most detailed sex scenes though.

W1 is just a card game.

Who the fuck are the developers to decide that? Forcing you to choose dialog options forces you to only choose what the developers allow you.

Do you have a double digit IQ?

Cards with pretty well done art. Better than 3d cutscenes tbh.

They are ones who make the games, the creators so they can do what the hell they want with the game.
As opposed to? It's a game, dumbass, you only do what the devs allow you to do.
It's the way in this game and countless other choices and consequences games, problem?

I would agree until I see the unicorn scene in W3.

breddy hot tbh.

What

You haven't reached Skellige?

Go make your game, m8.

I completed the game but apparently I forgot about it

Guess we better shut down Holla Forums then.

Not a very valid criticism, bruv.

If
is the best criticism of my idea you can think of, then I'd say it's a pretty fucking valid criticism.

Skyrim does a shit job of developing any sort of characterization and the world is incredibly static. It feels more like a theme park ride where you go from one pretty structure to the next. And all it's "story", referring to background and in game books, is lore. The actual story you partake in is retarded.

You want spec ops the line, that shit doesnt really go well with RPGs

Not really, bruv, it's not a very valid criticism because you have nothing to back your game up.

Spec Ops the line points down to shoot/don't shoot, it's the same as choosing a dialog.

And thats all he is ever going to get, how would you translate the more nuanced choices into gameplay? Have some sort of emote system like fable that affects it? How would that be any different then dialogue? Dialogue is ten times better than that

The cities in Skyrim are also pathetic, the textures suck ass, and the rendering is awful. And it's not because it was made several years ago because Fallout 4 is just as bad in every single same respect.

I don't know what the guy thinks, but probably shit like older JRPG where if you find some kind of items, or battle some secret bosses, the story changes.

Then again, that kind of thing is also present in W3, except you only gain those dialog options after you combat/explore.

There are no nuanced decisions in Witcher 3. It's all "be a jerk or be nice" or "kill or don't kill". All of those decisions could be made in gameplay. Want to join a faction? Go to their quartermaster and buy their uniform, then sign your name on their roster. Want to fight a faction? Start swinging. Want to backstab a character? Sneak up behind them and backstab them. All the rest the dialog does is give you exposition, which is fine.

But no, instead we have a system where your dialog descision to have a snowball fight impacts the outcome of the game. It's indefensible. Witcher 3 is great in all other regards.

No, it makes no fucking sense.

You aren't a nobody, you can't just up and go join the nifguard army out of the blue just like that.

And how is that indefensible again? What's there to defend?

It's also blatantly wrong at part.

One of the basic main quest of Velen, the Baron quest, please tell me how the decision is boiled down to be jerk or be nice.

The thing I noticed more about the game is that it is fucking huge and I fucked up with one of the quests and saved wrongly, but I played for so long I don't have the guts to start over.

Do all quests restart in New Game +?

Yes.

The map really isn't that huge, but it does a good job of feeling huge. They laid it out really well to make everything seem vast.

With huge I mean all the quests.

Even fucking treasure huntings?

Yes.

Which is kinda assbackwards because you get to keep your equipment, just not key items.

A few of the quests were just tediously long. The one where you explore the cave with Keria Metz had me quite glad to be back in the open world in the end. But I like the way all the sidequests feel like they actually spent time making them properly. They don't feel like second class quests, which really gives the game a great feeling of breadth.

Fuck… I'm autistic in RPG games, but this is too much.

Do you keep all the diagrams and the spots on the map?

I'm gonna need a fucking guide for this game.

Why would you go for another 100% in NG+? Just skip the free loot pinatas unless you get close to one

Dunno, for XP maybe?

I just want to play the quests I missed next time.

Oh those treasure hunts, thought you were talking about the "free loot here" spots marked on the map.

A few of those gives you XP or free character points if I'm not mistaken.

You can fuck off too, newfag.

What has you so upset user?

They fuck on top of a unicorn.

Who? I didnt fuck anyone on top of a unicorn

Yennefer and Geralt fam. You don't have to though of course if you're romancing Triss instead or just don't like either and will always hold out for Shani which is the best choice.

Went 100% yen for my first playthrough, guess I forgot.

Yeah maybe, it's in her room at the inn in Skellige. I believe it happens when you first go to the castle and then you take a break or something? I'm not entirely sure how it all plays out, but I also think you can choose not to and still romance Yennefer during her genie sidequest.

That's probably what I did because I still did the genie quest

Possibly. I want to say it's before the investigating the bear stuff, but after you look for the mask Ermion has. I'm not sure though.