Minecraft A.K.A. "Mods can fix it!"

It's 2017.

Surely by now there is some kind of mod or modpack that makes the game fun.

Tell me about it, Holla Forums. What is it, and why haven't I heard of it yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

sargunster.com/btw/index.php?title=Main_Page
technicpack.net/modpack/yogbox-20.533075
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1286005-1-3-2-realistic-ore-generation-1-3-2g-generate
bedrockminer.jimdo.com/modding-tutorials/set-up-minecraft-forge/set-up-prerequisites/
minecraftforum.net/forums/minecraft-discussion/survival-mode/270140-the-survival-part-of-the-game-is-bad-on-a
minecraftforum.net/forums/minecraft-discussion/survival-mode/295895-survival-can-and-should-be-improved-part-2
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/1438929-v1-7-3-zipline-mod-ssp-wip-vc-c
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1273250-1-7-3-travelcraft-v-0-1-2-wip
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/1438950-1-7-3-the-moon-v1-1-wip
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1272360-1-6-6-1-7-3-nandonalts-mods-coral-trees-a-lot#Scuba
atomicstryker.net/
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2134067-better-rain-v0-15-bug-fixes
mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/230976-fast-leaf-decay
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/customoregen/files
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/fastcraft
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1280154-minecraft-comes-alive-v5-2-3-mc-1-10-2-1-9-4-1-9-1
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1292161-smoothbedrock-stops-the-annoying-bedrock
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1272627-balkons-weaponmod-v1-14
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1294111-hunger-strike-end-the-tyranny-of-hunger-updated
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2517826-realistic-torches-v2-1-0-1-11-2-1-11-1-10-2-1-9-4
youtube.com/watch?v=asImTDkPWKA
youtube.com/watch?v=FaMTedT6P0I
youtube.com/watch?v=ylVtj-1Ccgg
youtube.com/watch?v=wnzJo4BGuH0
youtube.com/watch?v=8ov7FsBGEr0
youtube.com/watch?v=nnvSFqIQh0U
minecraft.net/en-us/marketplace/
youtube.com/watch?v=o9pEzgHorH0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Trying to mod a game like Minecraft into something "good" is like trying to mod a turd into a time machine.

Get tekkit
Download the 1.7.10 pack
have fun

I already did that many moons ago and I'm long done with it. It's just a shitfest of a bunch of mods that don't work well together anyway.

Tinker's Construct and Natura alone are enough to completely replace Tekkit nowadays.

I just wish Mojang would stop updating the game so we could get a single fucking version for mods to coalesce on.

No there isn't. Learn to make your own modpack faggot.

sage for shit thread

The Minetest devs made a huge mistake when they decided not to develop it as an actual game, and now there's no reason to play it, unless you're an autist obsessed with FOSS software.

FOSS is one of those things where I see everybody praising their virtues, but never actually using them.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the idea of Minetest, but… Minecraft has kind of been around longer and has a far larger and more autistic community that is primarily made up of children and NEETs with far more time on their hand to make more interesting mods with.

So… yeah.

No. No there isn't, and no there NEVER WILL BE. Why? Because every single thing that every single mod has ever done is attempt to change Minecraft into a shittier version of some other game.

Minecraft is a game about taking thousands of blocks and rearranging them into giant autismsculptures, AND NOTHING MORE. It's digital Legos and will NEVER BE ANYTHING MORE. You can add all this useless shit like magic and combat and crafting things that requires three-dozen-steps and forty different metals and minerals, and it won't change that simple fact.

If you don't enjoy Minecraft for what it is, PLAY SOMETHING ELSE!

I mean… no matter what anyone responds with at this point you've set yourself up to come back with 'not fun' no matter what.

However, here's my mod list:
AOBD-2.9.1.jar
appliedenergistics2-rv3-beta-6.jar
Artifacts-1.1.1.jar
BiblioCraft[v1.11.4][MC1.7.10].jar
BiomesOPlenty-1.7.10-2.1.0.2027-universal.jar
buildcraft-7.1.21.jar
buildcraft-compat-7.1.6.jar
CodeChickenCore-1.7.10-1.0.7.47-universal.jar
CoFHCore-[1.7.10]3.0.2-262.jar
DimensionalPockets-1.7.10-1.0.2-universal.jar
dungeonpack-1.7.10-1.0.jar
EnderCore-1.7.10-0.2.0.33_beta.jar
EnderStorage-1.7.10-1.4.7.38-universal.jar
ExtraTiC-1.7.10-1.4.6.jar
extrautilities-1.2.12.jar
FastLeafDecay-1.7.10-1.0.jar
forestry_1.7.10-4.2.16.64.jar
Fossils_Archeology_Revival-1.7.10_Build-7.0.1.jar
GraveStone-2.11.3.jar
hopperductmod-1.7.10-1.3.2.jar
ic2
iChunUtil-4.1.0.jar
industrialcraft-2-2.2.695-experimental.jar
InventoryTweaks-1.59-dev-152.jar
ironchest-1.7.10-6.0.62.742-universal.jar
IvToolkit-1.2.1.jar
Mantle-1.7.10-0.3.2.jar
Mekanism-1.7.10-9.0.0.268.jar
MekanismGenerators-1.7.10-9.0.0.268.jar
MekanismTools-1.7.10-9.0.0.268.jar
MineFactoryReloaded-[1.7.10]2.8.0-104.jar
mod_voxelMap_1.5.6_for_1.7.10.litemod
mystcraft-1.7.2-0.10.15.00.jar
NEIIntegration-MC1.7.10-1.1.2.jar
NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.5.120-universal.jar
OmnisCore-1.7.10 - 0.0.6-universal.jar
OpenBlocks-1.7.10-1.3.jar
OpenModsLib-1.7.10-0.6.jar
OptiFine_1.7.10_HD_D1.jar
ProjectBlue-1.1.6-mc1.7.10.jar
ProjectRed-1.7.10-4.7.0pre12.95-Base.jar
ProjectRed-1.7.10-4.7.0pre12.95-Compat.jar
ProjectRed-1.7.10-4.7.0pre12.95-Fabrication.jar
ProjectRed-1.7.10-4.7.0pre12.95-Integration.jar
ProjectRed-1.7.10-4.7.0pre12.95-Lighting.jar
ProjectRed-1.7.10-4.7.0pre12.95-Mechanical.jar
ProjectRed-1.7.10-4.7.0pre12.95-World.jar
railcraft
Railcraft_1.7.10-9.12.2.0.jar
RecurrentComplex-0.9.7.1.jar
RefinedRelocation-mc1.7.10-1.1.34.jar
roguelike-1.7.10-1.3.6.3.jar
ShadersModCore-v2.3.31-mc1.7.10-f.jar
StevesCarts2.0.0.b18.jar
TConstruct-1.7.10-1.8.5.jar
Thaumcraft-1.7.10-4.2.3.5.jar
TiCTooltips-mc1.7.10-1.2.3.jar
Traincraft-4.3.1_008.jar
twilightforest-1.7.2-2.2.0.jar
UpdateCheckerMod-1.7.10.jar
VoxelMods
Waila-1.5.10_1.7.10.jar
WailaHarvestability-mc1.7.x-1.1.2.jar
WAILAPlugins-MC1.7.10-0.2.0-23.jar
witchery-1.7.10-0.23.2.jar
[1-7-10]_Lucky_Block_v5-1-0.jar

The best way to play minecraft is with a few close friends, get a survival island seed and make it to the end and kill the dragon. That's actually quite a bit of fun.

That's cheating. Literally anything can be fun with friends, even getting drunk and watching sports. Have you ever tried getting drunk and watching sports by yourself?

IT'S NOT FUCKING FUN AT ALL!

That's like saying every hex- or isometric strategy/resource game is just 2d legos AND NOTHING MORE.

The game mechanics are what makes a game fun user.

Ultimately all games are just pushing pixels onto your screen.

Reductio ad absurdum buddy

Those games actually have strategy and management of resources. Minecraft does not. Adding those elements to Minecraft just makes a shittier version of the games which already had them.

The only thing that minetest got right is that it's written in C++ and not fucking Java. It falls short on every side compared to minecraft. Minecraft might be a directionless sandbox game, but at least it's an actual game.

Playing League of Legends can be fun with friends

Your original argument was that it COULD not.

Minecraft could be a fucking ham sandwich if you crumpled up the disc enough and put it into a ham sandwich.

My point is that it doesn't change the base game. It's adding elements from one genre into another, attempting to transform it into something it's not. It's taking a pig and gluing a beak and feathers onto it and saying now it's a chicken. Well, I'm countering that it's just a shitty imitation of a chicken.

And I'm right.

Minecraft has historically rolled out significant and meaningful content updates EXTREMELY slowly, both before and after Notch.

I bought the game when it was still a shitty browser game, and I've watched it incredibly slowly transform into an actual video game and I gotta say the progress is incredibly frustratingly slow.

There's still only four enemies you'll encounter in the standard overworld, and all but one of them have no way of damaging you outside of rubbing up against you.

The only NPCs in the game are exactly the same as they were they day they were released as a proof of concept and have no value or meaning to them whatsoever.

The combat "overhaul" was adding a handful more animations to attacking and a delay between attacks.

It took over two years for the Survival version of the game to even offer more than two colors of wool.

Modders don't abide by this bullshit arbitrarily slow progress trend. You can go find a single mod with dozens of monsters, dozens of weapons, tons of new content, the entire RGB spectrum of color for every block and more.

Honestly if you don't think mods can fix the poor state that Minecraft is in, you just haven't seen some of the better ones (and no, I'm not talking about anything included in Tekkit, Industrialcraft, or any of the mods that let you go to space)

Look up Counter Strike, Team Fortress, The Stanley Parable, Red Orchestra, Natural Selection and Defense of the Ancients.

All mods of games that made the base game vastly different and became excessively successful because of it. They turned a pig into a chicken, according to your shitty hamfisted metaphor, and it was best in fucking show.

And yeah, for every example of a good mod that fundamentally changes a game and does so WELL, there's also a hundred thousand examples of a mod that tries to do this and fails horribly but that doesn't invalidate my point.

Yup, minecraft has provided a great base voxel game engine, modders made a far, FAR better game on top of it than the Mojang managed.

I can only enjoy this game when playing on high-population no-rules vanilla servers.

why do you always use the same pictures whenever you make your shitty threads
to answer the topic anyway, minecraft depends on creativity because there's nothing else
and

easily lends to creativity since you're also thinking about the other people as well

because I like them

Last time I had a 1.6.4 modpack, I got diminishing returns with framerate, the longer I played on a single player world the more the framerate dropped, and the faster it would drop. It was to the point that every 15 minutes I'd be restarting the game because I could only get 3fps.
Last I tried a modpack for 1.7.10, it was almost as bad with 15-30 fps being the best case scenario.
With 1.10, I got 15fps at best, and had to restart it more frequently than 1.6.4 with not even half as many mods.

Aside from the fucking piss poor excuse for performance, there's no cohesive design among mods, and when things are cohesive they're in competition with each other. It went from being fun to build a factory out of a few machines with pipes and cables everywhere, finding the most efficient design to arrange it in and programming robots to handle what pipes and cables couldn't do, to just finding which mod had the most efficient machines to do all the work and just waiting for the end result.

The last decent fun I had was with my old 1.6.4 modpack, but the last time I got decent performance out of this shit pile was 1.4.7 and that was great fun on servers. If I knew how to mod it myself, I'd never leave 1.4.7

No matter how many mods you bolt on, there's still the half-baked core of vanilla minecraft.

Terrafirmacraft was the only good thing to come from Minecraft for me. It redesigned basically everything to better serve the concept of a survival game.
Terrafirmacraft 2 is in development now, with completely different design goals in mind. I hope it turns out well.

Did you even allocate enough det-totated wam?

I agree, it's the same with Skyrim or NuFallout4: Even if you add crazy things with mods, the game still feels stale. That's because the base game is shit.
Is like sprinkling a shit with glitter, yeah, now it's prettier, but it's still a shit.

This is what i hate the most, they could have expanded on the villagers by giving them active roles… instead we get shit AI that still can't be assigned to a single house, thus making them to cram on the same house every night.

Terrafirmacraft

Realistic survival, metallurgy, overhauled damage/health/hunger/thirst system, other autism.

I will never understand you people. The mod is neat but for fuck's sake.

I completely agree with you that mods improved minecraft, up until 1.7.10. Ever since the game got a major update to it's engine, the modding scene started to decay faster with each update (which they came out every 2-3 months and most modders fucked off). Nowadays most mods are complete trash that don't alter the game in any way. My problem is with the base game. Minecraft hasn't received any new features since beta. Everything in it is still meaningless and directionless.

Well, I'm still waiting for the mod that will make Minecraft "vastly different". It's always the same shit. Minecraft with magic! Minecraft with industrial machines! Minecraft with more combat! Minecraft with ultra-realistic survival elements! Minecraft with five times the tedious mining and more recipes than Lord of The Rings has characters!

The thing I don't understand is: why the FUCK does it have to be Minecraft?! Is your desire to fit in with normalfags so hardcore that you need to play Minecraft despite not liking a goddamn thing about the game, itself? Why go through all this effort to transform a pig into a chicken when you could just GET A CHICKEN?

For a long time, I didn't understand why people who actually started playing back in Alpha were always screeching autistically about it. Bitching about how things like hunger ruined the game. I didn't understand because I started playing the game when it was in an update that had combat, and hunger, and wolves, and the enchanting system. I liked those things just fine.

Well, one day I picked up a little game you might have heard of. Called "Skyrim", I think. It showed me that a game can have crafting and enchanting and potions and do it a whole SHIT of a lot better than Minecraft (despite its manifold other flaws). Then I played some other games, ones with better combat, ones with better survival gameplay, ones with AN ACTUAL STORYLINE. Fancy that. It made me realize that all that shit was really adding nothing at all to Minecraft. Then, one day in Minecraft I turned it to Creative Mode, and my weak pathetic struggles to build shit was suddenly unbound. Buildings that would have taken me a week to gather the resources for and build now took me only a few hours! It was almost as if all that mining and crafting and running around at the speed of a fucking glacier was doing nothing but wasting my time, wasting the time I could otherwise spend exercising my creativity.

It was then that I realized that Minecraft is just a game to build things with. I finally understood. It's not a game for combat or crafting or whatever shit mods cram into it. It's a set of digital Legos, and at being a set of digital Legos IT'S THE BEST OF ANY GAME THAT WILL EVER EXIST. All that other shit, it's just mediocre at; this means, that if you're playing Minecraft for those elements that you can get more efficiently in some other game, YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME! It's the same way I was wasting my time playing in Survival mode when it adds nothing to the core singleplayer gameplay of building shit, other than tedium and barriers.

If they add more blocks, more biomes, more structures, okay, that's good. But when they add new mobs or new combat, or new mechanics… it's just a waste of time. It's just more shit that gets in the way of building. It's a motherfucking sea of laserfish between you and those pretty new blocks you want, and a boss whose primary power is PREVENTING YOU FROM TAKING THE BLOCKS!

Ah yes, I REALLY enjoyed when I was a kid and my parents attached complicated locking mechanisms to my toyboxes. Because DIFFICULTY MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER, AM I RIGHT?

You don't know how insulting it is to have 16gb of ram, and store minecraft on a ramdisk and STILL have slow world loading. Not generation, but loading and unloading chunks that have already been generated. The issue that boats have always had, where moving too fast would desync the player from the boat? Yeah you can't even ride a moderately fast horse because the game cannot load chunks FAST ENOUGH and you end up either running on air and being teleported back a mile when the world catches up or falling into an error'd chunk.

It suffers from being an amalgamation of a building block sandbox and survival game, if it was one or the other then you could have some consistency. You can't have survival in an ever expanding world with infinite resources without punishing the player severely right out the gate, and likewise you can't have a decent building block sandbox because you have to grind for materials with which to build and nothing to aid in the building process.
Even creative mode lacks any means of aiding the building process.

Then you have the vanilla items, there are little features that have been in the game for years that I've never known about because they're so insignificant, like cauldrons will put out burning entities at the cost of some of the water stored. I never knew that until looking at changelogs the other day, because it's fucking useless. Redstone continues to be pretty useless because there's nothing to utilize it, only in the most recent version did they add a block update detector, and automation requires large and finicky setups with minecarts and hoppers which is heinously expensive, and no more efficient than the player just doing shit manually because it will stop working the moment there isn't a player keeping the chunks loaded. Brewing is a big time sink and the brewing stand is useless when the cauldron could have been used instead, where just dropping items into it could have made potions, there's already the code to empty it with bottles so why the fuck ISN'T it used for brewing?

Ew.
Other than that you are a patrician sir.
Might I suggest Enviromine, Galaticraft, and Smart Moving?

Right
Wrong

It suffers of being an amalgamation of underdeveloped ideas
Why bother? Useless on single player (with the only useful one being fire immunity), no enemies to use them, nor villager units/swordsmen to buff
Poorly implemented, decent enchantments require grinding, also, like on the potions, no real reason to use then
Basic "spam button" combat. I'm not talking about wanting to have combat skills, but c'mon.
Also, no real threats enemy-wise

Also, "Minecraft":
Cave systems are boring, no real danger, dull aesthetics. Also, no real benefit for exploring underground
There's nothing important to craft.
This is something modders try to fix. But after making the dimensional magic portal of chaos and being a god-like entity… Now what? Still feels dull because there's nothing to do.

Terrafirmacraft

Get instructions and beginners guides

Fuck, I miss that server so much.
Probably spent 1000 hours on there as a younger user. Those people were so friendly and comfy.

I only play vanilla.

The balance between building autism and survival/realism autism was a smart move in making the game have purpose. They were just so badly merged together that it ended up ruining everything. A virtual LEGO simulator isn't much fun, neither is aimlessly wandering around in an empty, boring world. If Notch just added some interaction with the player from the game's side we would've had a much more compelling reason to continue playing it. All he had to do was add some kind of dwarf fortress civilization that interacted with the world and the game would have been GOTY for the next decade.

just use mods nigga smh

Better than Wolves
sargunster.com/btw/index.php?title=Main_Page

This was a problem as far back as 1.2.5, in fact the main criticism was that in technic classic Equivalent Exchange was just a grind to unlock creative mode. Everyone was shouting "may as well play creative!"
Nobody learned from that, that's we now have numerous mods that all do exactly that, unlock creative mode with tools for mass destruction, but that's all it is is just tools to fucking destroy everything which is fun for a time but it loses it's flair really fucking quick.
I tried out Botania once, because Witchery was pretty cool as far as magic mods go, giving the player lots of shit to do without using horrendous crafting mechanics or grinding forever, I figured botania would be similar.
No, botania is literally just grind for unbreakable armor and a strong pickaxe, and flight. Fight a boss, then fight the same boss that is harder to kill and requires a lot of buffing just to not die to it within the first second of battle, ultimately it's like every other mod but just more tedious because of having to generate mana. Just worse versions of tools from other mods but with pretty glitter sprinkled on.

I remember BtW from before smp it was pretty fucking good, combined with redpower it was magical to build a working windmill on a hill that overlooked a pond, and having an elevator that brought me down into a large excavation site. Then I heard the dev went fucking crazy with BALANCING, to the point where buckets couldn't place a water source.

not balancing, HARDCOER MOED
everything ended up being "hardcore" settings, but you can turn that shit off in the configs

there's some stuff, have fun

Terrafirmacraft.

Even that feature with the bucket had a purpose, you actually had to consider where you wanted to build since it turned lakes into a valuable resource. It even gave you a new block which moves water upwards so you can create aquaducts that channel water all over your base. It really showcases how shallow Minecraft is at times.

What are the essential mods? If tinkers even crossed your mind, then fuck off.

Very nice book management along with item cabinets and other furniture
A whole new dimension that's arguably superior to any other dimension modded and vanilla alike, with dungeons and lots of unique loot and blocks and biomes.
Lots of alternate textures to most blocks, and some new decorative block types
A way to shape any block into a slope/stairs/slabs/doors/flower pots etc.
Semi-automation of repetitive crafting
Extension to hoppers that should frankly be in vanilla
Adds tons of foods and crops
Adds unique equipment to most dungeon chests, and adds small towers and traps into world gen
A more precise version of redstone dust that can go side by side and along walls
Improves minecarts/tracks and adds new possibilities

Mods that are good but don't suit every play style

The best tech/automation mod, anyone who disagrees is a fag
Possibly the best mod period. Adds magic and research and all kinds of contraptions.
Very interesting magic mod, but hard to get into due to kind of shitty tutorial
Generates large multilayered dungeons with increasing difficulty as you go down. Best paired with some extra mobs mod
Go to other planets
Adds tons of variations to vanilla mobs
Automated farms, and tree/bee breeding, you'll either hate it or get hooked for 3 days straight unlocking new bee breeds

Honestly depends on what you think is fun. Some people like Tech. Some people like magic.

Then there are those that people that like ultra autistic clusterfuck packs with everything thrown in and no real theme behind them.

But honestly the real meat of Minecraft is in the Multiplayer and modded Multiplayer just isn't really popular with the exception of Pixelmon because that is easy to understand and set up even for kids.

So 99% of all Minecrap server just run Bukkit/Spigot.

But to be real.
If you want Magic go play Terraria.
If you want Tech go play Factorio.
They both do their job better than modded Minecraft and both have an active multiplayer community.

Most of the tech is just swiped from Minecraft mods, even copying the same mistakes (expensive Buildcraft-style 'pipes', IC2 game-breaking solar panels, LogisticsPipes buffer-killing Active Suppliers, etc.) with none of the solutions. Just play something like whatever they're calling Feed the Beast's main pack these days if you want tech, it's infinitely deeper than Factorio.

I haven't played in over 5 years (i think)
There was the Aether mod that was really good, did that get continued? Or did the devs gave up?

FTB is bloat that runs like shit and eats PC resources like a motherfucker.

Just mod Factorio if the base game isn't autismal enough for you.

There's Aether 2 now, but it's hamfisted shit.

As far as I know they replaced all the dungeons with instanced dungeons that are separate from the actual game world.

Only self-made modpacks for me. Too bad I have zero imagination when it comes to base building, so it always ends up being some underground bunker shit.

You can, there's just not much point to it.

Why does everything with potential always go to shit?

There's always Twilight Forest.

Gonna check out, but i doubt it will be good enough to convince me to play minecraft again

It's not as exciting as being in floating islands in the clouds, but the actual mod is much more well designed and has more content.

If you want floating islands, you can either use Fun World Gen, or Mystcraft and generate worlds until you get one with a floating island modifier. Twilight Forest is more of an adventure world, but can be built in as well.

No amount of mystcraft can replicate what Aether was or could have been though; a whole new world with new content and monsters and mechanics and dungeons, and if you fall down you'll fall onto the overworld surface.

to answer op question I have been playing the Regrowth modpack, basically you start in a huge wateland and have to revive the world (like a skyblock map but not an skyblock so you dont have to worry about falling into the void and losing everything). It has been fun automating things using an autistic network of pipes and farms run by golem slaves.

Is it like Blightfall, where you start in a world of taint and have to purify it?

FTB Ultimate was the only time it didn't run like dogshit. That was version 1.4.7, before the redstone update where they added blocks of redstone and comparators.

Twilight forest was always half baked, it was really neat when it was first conceived but then the dev had to keep going, and eventually stopped updating it before it was ever finished. There are bosses to defeat in the twilight forest but when you get to the last one you are literally rewarded with a sign that says "Congrats you did it!" because the last boss and fortress was never implemented.

I'm familiar with the regrowth modpack but never bothered with it because as far as I could tell, you never actually get to terraform the world back into a "live" state. Essentially it's feedthebeast because you grind for items to fill a quota, which kind of pisses me off seeing as how industrialcraft has a fucking terraformer that nobody uses outside of a few people that have a hard dick for ic2. It would have been so much better if enviromine choked the player because of no plants in the world, and having to use a terraformer to convert the chunks into something life-giving again, but no that's haaard.

Minetest has shit mods.

yeah something like that, it has more tech and less forced thaumcraft tho

you actually can terraform the world later, you can use either witchery or blood magic to change the biome climate and either witchery or botania to actually change the sand into dirt and add plant life. (There is also a thaumcraft method but its an hassle)

Fortress? You mean goblin fortress? Or is there some other fortress?

Right now, there are a bunch of dungeons and bosses already: naga, lich, minotaur king, hydra, knight phantom, ur-ghast, alpha yeti, snow queen and troll.

I remember it was some kind of translucent castle with signs indicating what traps were going where, and just a sign at the top where the boss would be. Like I said, it was never implemented so I don't know what it was going to be, but it came dead last after the rest of the bosses.

minecraft autists everyone

Nah get the Tekkit Classic remake, that is much better.

Hell Throw Galacticraft and Gravitation Armor in it too.

Hey now, let's not get too crazy.

FlowerChild is an idiot. He could have just made a very well made tech mod that focused on efficiency, progress, and keeping the game balanced so you can progress without becoming a god.

But then he made his mod incompatible with forge, sued a guy who made a fucking modpack with BTW in it, left it on 1.5.2, and just tried making the game as hard as possible to the point where it is borderline unplayable.

If I want a mod with fancy shit, I'll use Immersive Engineering or Rotarycraft (even if Reika is a huge faggot, his mods are good).

What exactly is immerisve engineering, Just looked it up, is it supposed to basically be the end all to tech mods?

Hexxit. It is a pack centered around mobility, exploration, and magic. It's pretty good.

It's a tech mod designed to look pretty, with lots of fancy multiblock structures and nice-looking power transmission etc.

I have wondered about the possibilities of a backwards update mod for 1.2.5, 1.4.7, and 1.6.4.

Where basically it would add all of the "good" / more favorable changes to minecraft from the later versions. It would be kept minimal to avoid the sever bloating that has happened to the game.

Its pretty good. Far beyond not fun, its basically Tekkit Classic + Tekkit + Voltz.

Yogbox, OP, Yogbox.

Install it these days with the technic launcher.

technicpack.net/modpack/yogbox-20.533075

You forgot:

Plasma guns with cool effects, item replication, androids, dark matter generators, cool sci-fi decorations (only blocks and stuff, though)
Why did no one make a simple sci-fi decoration mod on the same vein of something like bibliocraft yet?
Make spaceships, fly with them, go to space, hyperspace, mine asteroids, fight with other spaceships etc.
Make dimensions or generate random ones.
Bonus: you can visit mystcraft dimensions with your WarpDrive spaceship as if they were planets.
Tons of guns (though they feel a bit wonky), armor plus some enemies and other stuff
Deus Ex in minecraft
makes zombies walk around in hordes, be attracted to light, noise, smell. Someone said you can add this to other mobs from other mods but I don't know if it's true.
ambient sounds
does what the name implies. Everything sounds different when underwater, sounds are weaker if you're behind a wal, weaker still if you're behind many until they can't be heard. DIfferent materials have different sound isolation properties.
Make npcs, quests etc
Makes your framerate plummet but adds so many nice biomes

Also:

ICBM for 1.7.10
Remove all those annoying XP orbs
No more getting tired at 7 points of hunger. Works great with HarvestCraft.

I'd add Realistic WorldGen to BoP. It creates fantastic landscapes.

Why do anything with hunger other than remove it?

Personally, I'm just waiting for spider queen to be updated

I know nothing of this jewry, I just think that the modpack is good.

You're a moron with no taste, Yogscast is typically enjoyed by young children aged 5-10.

You're a buffoon user.

Yes, you should choose another modpack. But I guess you're too attached to the Jaffa cakes meme that Yogscast like to repeat to their audience of children. Can't have minecraft without jaffa cake amirite fellow gamer?

When going slightly into a dark cave can kill you due to insanity reasons, you may have made some bad design choices somewhere along the line. I mean at least as an optional "feature" it would be fine, but it is enabled by default.

Overall I would say TerraFirmaCraft is better balanced than BTW by an order of magnitude. It's not too hard to survive early game as long as you aren't a complete fucking moron but getting basic farming going, maintaining your food reserves and making non-shit tools (let alone advanced metal shit) is fairly challenging and requires a lot of exploration. The only real marks against the mod is that it retains the Minecraft hostile mob selection rather than using real animals, and that the meal crafting system could contain more options beyond salads and sandwiches. Also I personally wouldn't mind a separate expansion to it at a later date that would be along the lines of a Immersive Engineering/Rotarycraft combination like thing, with Ohm's Law electricity and large 19th Century (early 20th at most) style machines. Maybe with primitive computational engines in it using punch cards to build items to patterns read by specialized gear systems, which existed even before electronic logical devices were developed.

(checked)
I stopped watching Yogscast after they decided that they weren't going to make anymore Shadow of Israphel pseudo-RP, I just simply enjoy the modpack for things like Millenaire, Mo' Creatures and the fantasy theme the assortment of other mods bring.

Most Minecraft modders' definition of balancing is "make it extremely tedious to do anything." Microcrafting, absurd amounts of resources, long-ass wait times, etc. Nothing that adds any depth or actual difficulty. They just increase the time it takes to do anything.

This is why: Current BTW, Terrafirma Craft, Current Greg Tech and others like it all suck.

i miss dayblooms in botania

wew
No underaged people allowed here kiddo

The other half of the problem is that you can jump to diamond tier pretty quickly if you aren't mentally retarded. A better solution would probably be to make an iron tier after stone which would be before steel and another their in between that. The point being that you shouldn't be able to jump to top tier within 1 hour of play.

GregTech has always been too autistic to use, even back in the 1.3 days.

Not quite, you can configure it to turn off the recepies and the use the default IC2 recepies. Once that is done then you pretty much get two extra tiers of technology and more items to configure your nuclear reactor with.

Now they have every component for a machine imaginable in every material possible. Not only is this literally too many items, it actually bloats the game and makes building anything near impossible.

No it doesn't you mongoloid. If I used a knife that Jeffrey Dalmer owned, then does that mean I'm a fan of Jeffrey Dalmer?

I'd be fine with microcrafting if they didn't fuck up Applied Energistics 2 that much. Shitty channel system that bottlenecks ME networks unless you spend an ungodly amount of time and space to put up dense cables (which cost assloads of quartz) or P2P channels (which are a pain in the ass to craft), and the autocrafting system is a huge pain in the ass now. No longer can you stick a bunch of recipes into a 4x4x4 multiblock and just craft that way, no, now you have to use an ME interface for every 9 recipes, and set up molecular assemblers individually. They ruined AE2 by almost completely eliminating the convenience factor.

one of my main gripes with minecraft is the lack of ore veins, you cant just say "oh, this is the dedicated iron mine, there is iron in abundance here" or "ah damn, the iron mine has dried up, go find a new one"
its just quarrying.
what are some mods that alleviate this? i know theres a mining machine in immersive engineering that 'digs' for invisible resources pre determined per area.

It better fucking have gregtech tier costs and complexity, it completely breaks the game once you get it running. AE is creative mode mod of item management. It's just as broken as tinkers construct which gives you indestructible tools with all the enchantments you want for a trivial cost.

I'd like to play a mod that has many multiblocks

Terrafirmacraft does this if you can stand all the other changes. Hope you like sifting through gravel for hours on end to find enough tiny scraps of ore to craft the prospector's pick you'll need to triangulate the location of the veins.

just call me casual babbyman

I think I found what you want, but it is on 1.3.2

minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1286005-1-3-2-realistic-ore-generation-1-3-2g-generate

Yet it still better then Alien ware, the Hard Drive's have good RPM.
The graphics card is better then my current one.
More ram then you need but ram sticks are like 30 bucks.
So I imagine they are charging at most $60 for them.

The only real jewy thing I see is the powersupply which is unneeded.
The cooling system if they had a case that could breath without a cancerous skin.
And the blueray rewriter, but no standard CD drive.

And it comes installed with Window 7.
Which means that a bunch of faggot youtubers still provide a better computer at a better price then Alienware.

Hell I want to buy a Yog Box now,.

I know you're joking but in the slim chance you are not, its more affordable to build one yourself.
They are still ripping people off, but they are ripping off parents who "love" their kid but not enough to actually learn about their hobby so they drop 3-4gs to make timmy "happy"

At the end of the day someone is still paying out of the nose for a PC, but at least unlike Alienware you are paying out the nose for a PC which will stay relevant for the next 5-10 years.

actually, i never really gave that mod a shot. i get intimidated by posts like that and shy away from it, but i might actually like it if i cant get in the right mind set.

well the only problem with that is it seems that there is not much of a selection of mods for 1.3.2. do you have any favorites to suggest?

I am thinking about getting into making my first mod for minecraft. What kind of mod would you guys be in demand for?

*raises paw*
Make a mod where I can be my fursona :3

Here you go.

Kek, that looks like a table with a tail.

What I don't like about MC is how shallow these massive creations that people make. There's really no point in building massive cities. It would be nice if you could script NPCs to have a life.

Anyone with a taur fursona should be taking out back and shot.

If you fill the walkways with minecart tracks and bounce villagers back and forth, and stick other ones into enclosed spaces behind counters in shops, you can kinda get a flea-circus-esque setup going.

>Anyone with a taur fursona should be taken out back and shot.
FTFY

Wasn't immersive engineering just a big item crusher, water wheel, windmill, and oil refiner for the combustion engine to overpower everything else?
I don't remember there being any other machines or items in it.

Sure all of those things can be ported to earlier versions. Majority of the updates are mostly items/blocks and shit for Realms servers.
1.4.2 added:
1.6.1 added:
1.7.2 added:
Food items and blocks are easy to add, I've done it before, and there's tutorials for biomes and mobs and the glider from openblocks can be copied from the source on github and modified to have durability if you're gay and love men, I'm not here to judge you.

I enjoyed gregtech back in 1.4, just because I could chain together machines to do just about any number of things, with the only downside being the limit of power transfer through output faces. Eventually you couldn't pass enough power through the machines to power adjacent machines without exploding them. Fuck chromium though, it was so tedious to look for ruby by mining out CHUNK AFTER CHUNK with only like a 1 in 16 chance of a chunk generating with it.
I remember when gregtech started adding all those different part materials, I couldn't even figure out how to fucking craft shit any more because I'd go crosseyed looking for how to craft the next part of a machine. I miss my machine that recycled garbage into scrap, packaged it, then unpacked it into a new item that either got re-recycled for being garbage or output to a loot chest. It only took up a 3x3x4 area in total.

I'm currently spending my free time working on modding, and let me tell you, it fucking sucks.
You want a good tutorial? Too bad, there are none. You either get the same beginner tutorial everywhere that explains nothing but how to add an item or a block or set up the proxy class for the mod, or you get tutorials only someone with in-depth experience with java could possibly understand, and if you don't you will recommended to a java tutorial on another site or worse, a youtube video tutorial.
I hate everything about minecraft's source code, and it's impossible to follow a breadcrumb for most functions to understand how they work.

There is a mod for scripting NPCs, but I don't see the point unless it's for publishing the map.

there where some really good modpacks and mods back around beta version 1.3but because Mojang never bothered to support modder and keep'd updating their game with shitty content all the good modders fucked off. true story

Noteworthy for the effort, sure, but it was just as dull as Mojang's other DIMs so why fucking bother. Buggy, too. I will admit that not organizing an official mod API by 1.5 was a mistake (although if they had gotten it in around 1.7, even 1.8 it would have been fine). Then again since their relationship with modding pre-Microsoft was a bit mixed (read: Pistons) I don't think that was ever in the cards.

Why not tinkers? I enjoy it for an early/mid game kind of mod - or in a low mod server.

For old versions:
Fucking love having my own building world.
Or whatever it was fucking called. I liked making mob spawners.

I don't know about new servers, makes me want my mystcraft back.

I think I actually found a decent tutorial here: bedrockminer.jimdo.com/modding-tutorials/set-up-minecraft-forge/set-up-prerequisites/

I also have a feeling that I could possibly find a tutorial where other moders are.

But since I am learning Java right now, minecraft is just a way to practice it. I doubt I could make anything better than a above average and well balanced generic ore and armor mod.

The problem with Minetest is that it is too empty. My guess is that the dev intentionally made it so that way there community can use it as a base to make any kind of minecraft mod pack, but have it on a consistent version.

Plus they could possibly get in trouble from mojang/microsoft if they ended up making it be too similar to vanilla minecraft.

But this is where the big problem comes, because they wanted it too be a empty template and not get in trouble for copyright infringement there is nothing in the base game to actually make it be worth playing on its own.

And for fucks sake why is there a nyan cat block.

depending on the version you want to work on, bedrockminer only takes you so far, since I wanted to do 1.7.10 it only helped with basic shit like ore gen, block/item/food registry
and honestly I may try going back a few versions for the performance gains

I'm playing creativerse. I'm having a lot of fun and playing it almost daily. It's a step-change improvement over minecraft imo.

It looks small from atop that 1x1 glass nerd pole but that's my town I'm building.

does it have pirate-able multiplayer?

No need, its F2P. The paid version just allows you to turn on/off various features and have multiple saves. Which is around 20USD, which is actually cheaper than vanilla minecraft.

I saw that, but the player and creatures look so shit I couldn't stomach it.

God damn it.

The monsters and animations look fine to me. especially for a voxel type game.

I know what people are feeling about minecraft. It's an unfinished game and always will be.

It is incredibly tempting.

Too many polygons. They're too high-fidelity compared to the cube environment around them. However, I was more talking about the art style. The player character looks like a faggot, and the big gauntlet is stupid as shit. Most of the monsters look like bad cartoons.

Is there a mod that turns it into a comfy procedural generated world exploration simulator? I'm not interested in building Pokemon statues or whatever autistic shit most people like doing in the game.

There's nothing that will make a procedurally generated world interesting to explore if you're not willing to play the game it's in.

What's stopping you?

I want to finish Johto before I release the map in any way again (which will probably take another few years at my pace) and I'd feel bad jewing kids.

minecraftforum.net/forums/minecraft-discussion/survival-mode/270140-the-survival-part-of-the-game-is-bad-on-a
minecraftforum.net/forums/minecraft-discussion/survival-mode/295895-survival-can-and-should-be-improved-part-2
the only way to fix it is to scrap it completely and make a game that isn't trash

kill yourself fagaloo

fuck off

Do it anyway.

I doubt we even need to do that much. There are obviously things we can't get around, such as minecraft being on Java. But we can fix the mobs, we can make the game run more efficiently, we can tweak the combat mechanics, and we can give it a goal with various mods/plugins.

beta 1.8 was the death of minecraft

Subgames are mostly glorified mod packs that pull from the paltry pool of Minetest mods. Their existence doesn't really contradict what I said about Minetest.

I don't really see a need to tweak combat mechanics, I understand one of the issues people have is that mobs have no attack animation, but why do cube zombies need attack animations?
In any other game, if a zombie is within arm's reach it's a safe bet you're gonna get hurt
Witches attack with potions and buff themselves, skeletons attack at long range, creepers are suicide bombers, guardians shoot lasers, ghasts shoot fireballs, blazes shoot fire and burn on contact, slimes pounce, the only mobs that would benefit from attack animations is the endermen who would beat you do death with a block it picked up and any mob carrying a weapon like pigmen and wither skeletons
and as I've seen there are new evil villagers that use spells and summons
silverfish and endermites should just be removed from the game though

So you can block their attacks? Dodge in and out of their attack animations to get in more hits? This isn't a game where zombies are just horde creatures.

if the models weren't so simplistic, it would be a fine idea, but you'd need models complex enough to accommodate more advanced animations than two stick arms moving up and down
and dodging mechanics/animations added to a more complex player model
I don't see the importance in turning minecraft into dark souls, with combat being one of the least important things compared to the slew of other issues that should be top priority in fixing

The funny thing is, there are already mods that do add custom animations for the player character, several of them even.
Smart Moving is the best example but there's one to give you knees and facial animations as well as a mod that let's you perform animations to emote.

Which begs the question as to why hasn't there been lewd mods for Minecraft

You're also missing the point of that user entirely. Animations are a tell you can use to time your block. Using distance only really doesn't help that much compared to a telegraphed animation.

Minecraft's largest issue is a lack of meaningful content. Enemies would be a part of that content, and, since combat is your primary method of interacting with enemies, that would need improving as well. Minecraft isn't even on par with Skyrim, currently.

For a zombie attacking, that's perfectly fine, considering they're supposed to be stiff and slow, anyway. All they really need is a model skeleton with elbow and knee joints.

different brand of autism

I'd hate to be the poor bastard who attempts to do such a thing in java.

but why?

because you ever jam your dick into a sharp corner?

anyone know where to find mods for beta 1.7.3? I don't like playing anything after that since beta 1.8 turned the game into shit

The only place would be the minecraft forum since there was no other central repository for mods.

Theres also planet minecraft, but there are no decent mods for 1.7.3 to be found there.

I think you can find an old version of IC2 on there forum.

I have been unable to go back further version 1.3 or so on the forum, its all gone man.

thanks for the suggestion, but you are right, its all shit.
finding old copies of Risugami's modloader isn't too bad, but his Spawner GUI is basically non-existent. As for other thing I was looking for, Single Player Commands, dual wield, and World Edit were definitely around for 1.7.3 beta but are also near impossible to find, while I don't remember if the original aether mod was up then or if the zeldo hookshot mod was. I don't think I'll ever be able to relive the best days of this game

Oh yeah, I forgot that socially inept horny autistic teenagers who's only contact with a woman is their mother are not interested in porn.

Well I found two decent mods for 1.7.3

Zipline Mod (Bridges, and Rope Laders)
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/1438929-v1-7-3-zipline-mod-ssp-wip-vc-c

Travel Craft (Early Vehical Mod)
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1273250-1-7-3-travelcraft-v-0-1-2-wip

Contiuned

Moon Mod (Cheese Portal One)
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/1438950-1-7-3-the-moon-v1-1-wip

SCUBA and Coral Reefs Mod
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1272360-1-6-6-1-7-3-nandonalts-mods-coral-trees-a-lot#Scuba

Holla Forumsandcraft was pretty fun a few years ago, I have no idea what it's like now

Minecraft comes alive lets you start an autistic family if you want. Whenever I pick minecraft back up I always put that mod on. Then I play it for 15 minutes and delete my computer.

The only way to "fix" minecraft is to use a time machine and travel back to its alpha days. I was also going to say tell Notch about the cancer his game will become but I doubt he'll care considering he's a multimillionaire in this timeline.

>I have to look through fucking tutorials on setting up eclipse AGAIN and EVERY TIME IT UPDATES
SIXTY NIGGERS

Modded Holla Forums server when?

Underrated post.
The more the game changes, the worse it gets. Anything post-1.8 is pretty bad. Play the b1.6.6. to get the best of both worlds. It is the best version. If you truly want new content, avoid going far beyond the release version.
I'm not really a mod person, I often enjoy the base game and only add mods if I really feel that something is lacking. With Minecraft, I am content with what it is already. It's a fine enough game how it is.
As for that version, b1.6.6. – pre-release beta… I recommend it because it seems to be when Minecraft was fresh and blooming. The nostalgic textures are there and the lighting isn't far changed… The lighting changed and dark was no longer dark in the release version.

First we autistically scream over which mods to include before deciding on a bloat infested pack because it's easier, losing 75% of interested people in the process.
The serb starts up, initially so many people that it causes crashes.
Within a week however, there are so few people it's basically playing single player all over again.

Those are nice kek dubs.
And yes, what would you wager is the best alpha version?
I'm a beta; and, like I said, b1.6.6. is the best imo.

Fact; Notch adding a draw animation to the bow was the beginning of the end. That, making zombies not drop feathers, and adding hunger killed the game.

lad, I liked the hunger bar.

Sounds painfully accurate of how these things usually go.

Premade modpacks are a shit choice because they're designed for ADHD normalfags who can't handle not having indestructible instant mine pickaxes and 7x ore furnaces and infinite storage 2 hours into the game, let alone not having them period.

A good long-term server modpack is one that has lots of interesting things that lend themselves well to a building server, like harvestcraft which would allow people to do restaurants and automate complex food recipes and farm tons of different things, and railcraft which would allow people to build transportation. Add jetpacks and AE and farm speedup machines all those auto-everything pipe mechanics and there's no longer any reason to build anything interesting. Add indestructible tools and there's no longer any reason to invest into crafting/enchanting/equipment setups either. Add tools that can wipe out mountains in 15 minutes and the whole world starts to lose it's relevance.

Kill yourself my man.

It's honestly been too long, a few years ago I could tell you the exact version where it all went downhill but I can't anymore. It's best to just forget about the whole thing.

Do you know you can go back to earlier versions with the Minecraft launcher, user?

You know what would be nice? A version of Minecraft with all the new blocks (even the fucking terracotta ones), but the mechanics of Beta.

yes there is…

I can't erase the knowledge of what the current, real form of it is. Then again I guess it doesn't stop me from replaying Deus Ex and FEAR so I'm quite a hypocrite.

try the minecolonies mod, it's a gem. makes a light citybuilder out of minecraft, goes well with other mods too.

I'm a veteran of a few serbs, funnily enough the most successful serb on any board was the pixelmon one that old /vp/ ran, specifically map 2

I've done this song and dance so many times with hosting servers. Everyone wants their favorite snowflake mod put in, everyone is too impatient to wait for the pack to be configured you don't have 5 instances of copper & tin ore, everyone hates it when you try to rebalance things or configure it so they're forced to explore the content from other mods, and when you finally give up and switch to the everything+kitchen sink modpacks, the performance ends up being shit with less than 50% of all the content being used. There was a point at which I had the time to autistically edit configs and rewrite recipes to the point where everything could mesh into a coherent game and going the extra mile to edit shaders to accommodate the modded content, made everything look great, but I don't have that kind of time any more and it was never worth the effort.

Okay well I made a mod pack to try to create a nice middle ground between everyone here. Its a small one that keeps things mostly vanilia so that way it can be added into pretty much any mod pack. I have also picked these out to try to modify the base game.

Old World Gen = Allows for generating Alpha, Indev, and Beta worlds.

Better Rain = Less noisy rain, and less dense.

Custom Ore Gen = Allows for setting up realistic ore viens and pockets. Works with any mod that adds new ores.

Fast Leaf Decay = Makes leafs decay faster after being separated from a log block.

Fast Craft = Improves many of the calculations done in minecraft to be more efficient and faster.

Smooth Bedrock = Flat Bedrock

Battle Towers = Tall 6-7 tower dungeons.

Ropes + = Allow rope to be crafted, it can be used as a ladder, hook shot, and harnes.

Balkon's Weapon Mod = Includes many different types of weapons, including war hammers, spears, fire sticks, and muskets.

Additonal Mods for player preference.

Hunger Strike = Removes Hunger.

Realistic Torches = Requires torches to actually be lit either by a flint and steel or by a match box.

Minecraft Comes Alive = Replaces default villagers with interactive more human looking villagers. You can actually interact with them and have a family.

Recomended Settings and Preferences Sudgestions:
Old World Gen

Battle Towers

Custom Ore Gen

Minecraft Comes Alive

Download Links
atomicstryker.net/
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2134067-better-rain-v0-15-bug-fixes
mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/230976-fast-leaf-decay
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/customoregen/files
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/fastcraft
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1280154-minecraft-comes-alive-v5-2-3-mc-1-10-2-1-9-4-1-9-1
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1292161-smoothbedrock-stops-the-annoying-bedrock
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1272627-balkons-weaponmod-v1-14
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1294111-hunger-strike-end-the-tyranny-of-hunger-updated
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2517826-realistic-torches-v2-1-0-1-11-2-1-11-1-10-2-1-9-4

we should make a serb with only TFC and things like that
I managed to make muskets from Balkon weapon mod works with TFC also

Any mod that has existed since 1.7.3 or before probably has an old version archived

Feathers were useless anyway.

That's a good point, the only useful thing feathers are used in are arrows. The only other things that use it are the book 'n quill and firework star.
There's one mod that I miss, it never got updated and the source was never released, called meat hooks, made obtaining leather/feathers/meat/bone more realistic in that animals drop a corpse, you hang the corpse and cut it up to get the drops. You could also hang zombies upside down and they would waggle their arms forever.

I could run a TFC server indefinitely, but I don't know that I could dedicate much time to either playing or doing admin shit.

Was that done by Erika Moen? They look like the fags in the comic that ate lasagna and rimmed each other, the "there was a lot of cheese in that lasagna" horror work from the LOL Tjreads.

We could have a faction server a la old Holla Forumsandcraft with that "Call to Battle" mod + ICBM or something like that for maximum destruciton.

Ah, so it's one of these threads. I never really played modded very much, I just dick around with elaborate never-finished redstone shit in creative mode if i don't want to play survival

rougelike dungeons is much better, almost makes a nearly vanilla minecraft an actual game, and the loot isn't shit.

unf. and i've been running grimoire of gaia, even better.

Them never producing a Mod API really was what fucked over the community. But when they fucked up pistons stopped fucking with minecraft. Hippoplatimus pistons where amazing. When they fucking stole his work I was done with the game. Having whiny kids bug you to update your mod every mouth and having to wait for fans to obfuscate the code became a full time job. All they needed to do was make a fucking Mod API.

You know the current launcher lets you pick which version of the game you want to play?

that's not the point retard. Alpha was unfinished shit but it had potential. The idea would be to turn back time so that Notch could fix the problems before it got out of hand.

But user! Why waste the time when fan's developed forge and launchers instead!
and then fucking kill bukkit reeeeee

Bukkit is dead?

I regret never using pistons when it was a mod. Mojang always said they were Coming Soon (TM) so I just thought I'd wait for the next version for the official ones. (The made first came out for 1.3 but wasn't officially added until 1.7.) Then they cut the push distance and removed the launch feature. And also limited moving storage blocks.

Anyway have some old Minecraft videos people probably don't remember anymore:
youtube.com/watch?v=asImTDkPWKA
youtube.com/watch?v=FaMTedT6P0I
youtube.com/watch?v=ylVtj-1Ccgg

Re-uploads from Nizzotch:
youtube.com/watch?v=wnzJo4BGuH0
youtube.com/watch?v=8ov7FsBGEr0
youtube.com/watch?v=nnvSFqIQh0U

It's still around, but due to DMCA they can't publish binaries on the website. I forget the whole drama with that, but Minecraft modding has always been a mess duct-taped together by the community.

One of the original devs tried to kill it or something but mojang technically own it?
It was weird, either way forge now has their own server setup and I've been using one for vanilla called sponge.

The launch feature was readded with slime blocks ontop of pistons

I just like exploring. What are some good mods for exploring?

or something along those lines, this happened so many years ago I'm getting fuzzier on the details

Depends, you want mods that add places to explore or mods to make journeying better?

For shame, Holla Forums.

You have 3 options, gregtech, betterthanwolves, or rotarycraft.

Why not both? Nomad style minecraft is either kind of a chore or way too easy normally.

Mystcraft + Biomes O' Plenty + Warpdrive
Be a nomad in a spess ship

Got any suggestions of a server like that?

Creepers and Skeletons, that's 2. There are several other projectile types in other places

When they were first released they did literally nothing. It wasn't until later that they were given trading interfaces.

Charging attacks and completely changing how the bow works

So a friend and I have been thinking of doing another modded playthrough as we usually do, private server with the two of us and maybe a third friend if they're up for it. We're toying with the idea of doing multiple playthroughs and worlds, rather than doing a single pack and world as usual. The idea is meant to solve the issue where we skip or miss out on content of certain progression or main meat mods, as well as make the whole thing last longer. I figure we change out the main meat mods like I said, but keep certain quality of life or side mods that add things more like blocks or furniture, or essential utilities like enderchests. What I wanna ask you guys is, what mods would you recommend for the side mods to have throughout the whole thing?

This thread has a ton of the mods I'd consider for this mentioned like:
leaf decay
smooth bedrock
fastcraft
maybe battletowers
balkon's weapon mod
chisels & bits
chisel
bibliocraft
project red
maybe TiCon
natura
mystcraft
biomes o' plenty/biome bundle
carpenter's blocks
enderstorage
etc.

just for reference, things I'd consider main meat mods include
Thaumcraft
twilight forest
industrialcraft
witchery
botania
draconic evo (or whatever its called)
MFR
Railcraft
etc.

That's actually around the time I remember most mod authors said fuck it.

It was disappointing feature after disappointing feature up to that point, I remember what started to make it less comfy for me was the ugly caveman squidwards being spawned right next to my millenaire villages.

I can't argue whether or not modders jumped ship at that point, but I think those were a couple of really good gameplay changes. The bow change made the bow actually useful, since only 2 fully charged arrows killed most things instead of having to dump 10+ such that you could never make enough. The whole hunger/food/healing thing simultainiously made combat healing less free AND made chip damage, such as from falling from one extra block, much less annoying.

The bow started acting like a bow should and became something better, instead of directly competing with the sword and losing because of how useless it was.
Why the fuck was anyone happy with having a semi-automatic bow anyway?

Hunger is only an issue because it only heals you when it's 9/10 or more. There's saturation but that's a poorly understood (and implemented) system that should take care of that, but nobody cared enough to explore it.

If anything, hunger needed to be expanded to give the player different benefits according to their diet for instance.
Eating lots of fish lets you swim faster (and enchant better), eating lots of meat let's you strike harder and mine faster, eating lots of bread gives you some more HP, etc.

REJOICE, PAID MODS ARE HERE!

minecraft.net/en-us/marketplace/

skins, textures and worlds, not mods.
It's fine to despise the idea as it's pretty bad (but genius to some degree) but don't be that disingenuous yourself.

Its not paid mods, but it still is shit. Most content creators already got AdFly to earn a small income for there work.

That's always been the case.

I wish to try and create a mod for this shit.
Anyone have any ideas?

Good luck, I've been stuck for 2 weeks on trying to change the player model's size.
It fucking amazes me how little is doable without completely reinventing the wheel, forge offers nothing in the way simplifying things, this was a misconception I had. Forge is a compatibility layer so that everybody's mod plays nicely together, and nothing more. There's no simplified calls, even the setSize() function, despite being applicable to the player entity, is largely useless without re-implementing every class that setSize() is built from and even IF you do that, it's not guaranteed your code will work and I've been studying someone else's code and can't make heads or tails of it.
Editing base classes would be easier because you could get instant results, but good luck with figuring out which class does what. You want to know why it took so many years for mojang to add new mobs and overhaul the combat mechanics? Because without Notch to oversee their work and explain shit to them, they had to figure out how the fucking code worked.
They hired a guy to port minecraft to mobile devices, and it took him less time to write the game from scratch in c++ than it took the java developers to implement anything that wasn't a static block or biome.

Are you interested in making a mod to enhance gameplay, add features, or hacks for fucking with people in multiplayer?

Haven't touched Minecraft source in years, but have you looked at how Zombies and giants are rendered? Giants just use the Zombie skin, but rendered at a larger size. That might be a good place to look.

I searched filenames for relevant terms for what I needed. It's retarded that sometimes you see shit like ShitRender and RenderShit depending on what Shit is, but you'll eventually find it. I think I had to edit maybe 3 different classes to make Xray work properly for more than just blocks because I guess TileEntities aren't considered blocks when it comes to rendering. And that's not including modifying blocks with their own specific rendering methods (slabs, stairs, etc).
Even though I started doing that for obvious multiplayer cheating, while doing so I found that Minecraft just force renders some block sides regardless of whether or not it would be visible to the player. By adding in a few extra block checks to disable rendering for sides that won't be visible in certain circumstances (ie, the top of a half slab when it's surrounded by blocks on all sides) I was able to get a slight FPS boost. I want to assume this has been fixed by now, but I'm highly doubting it.

was that the point when the world gen went to shit?

I actually did check the to see how various mobs were sized, and it still didn't help, the giant zombie I think has a value of SIZE_X where X is a number from 1-6, but nowhere did I see what these size values were defined as.

Also I really doubt they've fixed the "rendering shit that isn't visible to a player" issue, they were supposed to have fixed this in 1.8 with caves being visible from moving too fast showing that caves rendered before even the ground did, but the caves still rendered just without being lit up unless lava was present inside the caves.

When they made terrain "realistic" and worlds infinite.

If you're serious about trying to mod, or programming in general, this video may be of interest to you: youtube.com/watch?v=o9pEzgHorH0
The short of it, it goes over the folly of having a class when it's completely unnecessary, if you're going to only use some code once then it's counter productive to have a class just for it, which is the opposite of what people are taught when going for a CS degree.

I play Minecraft by using an vanilla copy of the last version before the hunger system was added. When I get that feeling of melancholic apathy where nothing that requires effort feels worth it, I load up the game and do nothing but build near-identical towers while hating myself for completely wasting my time when I should be finding something worthwhile to do.

Are there any good Minetest mods? I don't wanna bother getting minecraft again.

You have to check the minetest forums. You could just try hopping server to server until you find one with a lot of mods, a while back there was a server called "trainwreck tonys" with lots of mods on it.
As far as good mods go, well I don't have too high of an opinion on most of them.

It's been a while since I last touched Minecraft.
Are there any must-have visual improvements, like textures and lighting?

Insanely shit bait

fuck off

Nobody wants to visit the nether, FUCK OFF WITH THIS SHIT

Technic is great.
Anyway, anyone know if the floorchan.org or animebitch.es server is coming back?

Just because you don't like Skyrim doesn't mean it's not objectively better than Minecraft in those two sectors. Skyrim might have been made for casuals, but at least it was made for ADULTS.

Reminder that you only have to wait until you're biologically older, your brain can pretty much stay at "5 years old".
Alternatively, you're basically saying that the more senile you get, the more you like Skyrim. Checks out.

Let's clear one thing here, enchanting and alchemy in Minecraft are not it's main feature or even an actual main feature. They are something you can do as well but farming is far more central than any of those 2 features. That is why there's some RNG associated with enchanting, so there's some surprise there and that's why alchemy doesn't start until you've been to the nether.
They aren't perfect or deep at all but they aren't supposed to be.

With that said, Skyrim is even worse. In terms of enchanting, you'll restrict your armor to elemental resistances and that's it. With weapons, you'll pick one element and put "[element] soultrap" on it and call it a day. And this is for the things you'll want to wear because otherwise you'll just see what enchantment gives you the biggest price and do it to raise the skill faster. That's all there is to enchanting in Skyrim.

Alchemy is also trash. Someone with 0 skill in alchemy can unlock all the ingredient effects by reading a wiki and combining them. You can make invisibility potions right off the bat or the legendary "useless potion that is worth a lot of cash" to level-up faster.
And despite this, half of the time you'll just be making Health\Magicka\Stamina potions and call it a day because everything else is incredibly situational and lasts for a very small amount of time. Fights last longer than the effects of most potions so armor\damage boosts are only mildly useful. Invisibility is fun but you're either a stealth character that doesn't need them or a character that can just fight anyway. And since there's no attributes anymore, you can't even boost those.

Here's what your inventory looks like after mixing potions in Skyrim: a quadrilion of HP and MP potions, a fuckton of potions you're more likely to sell than use yourself and a shit ton of ingredients that have no valid combination.
And don't forget that you do enchanting and crafting using a terrible UI literally designed for consoles and ported for the PC.

Your's is the shittiest bait ever, especially after how health potions were changed from Oblivion to Skyrim or how limited you are in terms of enchanting compared to Morrowind.
At least Minecraft tries to do something a bit different for silly fun.

Are you saying there isn't just one enchant you want for each type of tool or armor in Minecraft? The only difference between the two, according to you, is that Minecraft takes more tedious grinding to get anything good.

You have more incentive to read a Minecraft wiki to do anything in MC than you do to read a Skyrim wiki to do things in Skyrim.

This, in itself, is not commendable, especially when its "doing something different" is half-assed, like almost every feature in Minecraft. "At least it tried something different" is just a shitty excuse for incompetence. "Different" is only commendable if it's different in a good way. Different in a bad way just says they had no idea what they were doing.

Enchanting and Alchemy in Skyrim may be easy and overpowered, but at least they're systems you can learn without needing a wiki, and you don't need to tediously grind a lot to use them. Minecraft is so shit now because it makes everything a tedious chore, with no worthwhile reward for doing the chore, and nothing to make doing the chore stay interesting. The starting grind to get to diamond hasn't been changed. Enchanting requires grinding for experience and lapis, only for you to have a chance to get a shitty enchant that you then have to make a new piece of equipment, requiring more grinding for materials. You can avoid wasting equipment by using books, but that means grinding materials to make books. Then you have to grind endermen and blazes to make ender eyes, just to find and activate the portal to the End. Oh, and if you want to fight the Wither, you have to grind wither skulls.

Skyrim's systems let you eek out a smidgen of fun from the vanilla game. Minecraft's systems stamp out as much fun as possible.

Minecraft
Skyrim

Basically virtual legos for children still managed to be deeper than Skyrim.

Literal fucking guesswork is not depth.

It's more fun then having a list of shit that says: here's what you can make. Go fuck yourself. Experimenting was what made Morrowind fun.
The recipes in goycraft also tend to follow a logical pattern and are pretty easy to figure out if you aren't seven.

You better be fucking baiting right now. Skyrim has some of the shittiest crafting around. It's an MMO-tier shitfest.

I mean in the way it allows you to completely break the game. It's not well-designed fun, and it won't entertain you for long, but it's at least some entertainment.

But Skyrim doesn't do that? You experiment by combining ingredients and figuring out their effects, then use those known effects to come up with various potions. There are recipes you can find and buy that give you hints on what ingredients have what effects. There is at least a hint of a system there. Minecraft is just static recipes that you discover through more trial and error than what Skyrim requires for its system, if you're not one of the 99% of players who use the wiki to find things out because Minecraft has no intuitive method of learning its systems nor any outright instructions.

Unless you're talking about the enchanting system. Yes, it sucks how gimped it is compared to Morrowind. But it is still infinitely less frustrating than the mess of garbage that is Minecraft's enchanting. At least you're actually involved in the how things are enchanted, instead of just sticking an item in and hoping something good comes out.

I'm not saying Skyrim's systems are good. I'm saying Minecraft's are so shit that even Skyrim's are better.

I know. It's a building game. Thanks for making my point for me!

And don't you dare talk about how useless the potions are in Skyrim when literally every potion in Minecraft except the healing potions and harming potions are almost never used (and the latter mostly only in mob farms). Battles against the one-or-two-hit-kill mobs never last long enough for poison or slowness or weakness or strength to be useful; when fighting the Wither most people just pop a golden apple rather than bothering with regen potions; night vision is irrelevant since nobody plays on moody lighting; most people just cheese underwater by placing ladders or torches than bothering with water breathing potions.

As for Minecraft enchants, there is ONLY ONE KIND of enchantment set for everything that you get. For example, for a pick you're always going to want Efficiency 4, Unbreaking 4, Silk Touch, Fortune 3, and Mending. There is literally no reason to have any other picks other than your one super pick. There's never any reason to have any other sword than a super sword. At least in Skyrim you fight a variety of enemies so there would be some reason to carry different weapons that do different types of damage (like ones that do shock damage when fighting mages). When was the last time someone bothered to put Bane of Arthropods on a fucking sword, huh? You can one-hit-kill spiders with your super-sword already!

You're just being a contrarian fucktard. There are 12 different potions in Minecraft, and 32 in Skyrim.

How do you make a door?

Buy the door armour DLC, retard.

Well fuck, I was planning on using that money to buy bread this month but I guess I have no choice.

Can someone post a way to make pirate private servers for classic tekkit?

He's not a multimillionaire, he's a billionaire. Notch has about 1/3rd of trump's cash and all he did was do part of the work that went into minecraft.

I don't think anything special is required to host a cracked server, even for tekkit classic. You just set online = false in the config and that's it.

Its as if you never lived

That's nice. All Trump did was get a small loan of a million dollars, bankrupt Atlantic City, formulate Scam University, and tell people "You're fired!" on TV for a while.

Honestly considering the number of far more successful businessmen in the world, I'd consider making Minecraft to be the bigger accomplishment by a wide margin.

SERVER WHEN

Probably never ever, because:

I'm still debating which version I should work on, since I want to create a decent api for adding ores/items/recipes/etc. The gist being that the api should provide a way to dynamically add ores items and a recipe config for each thing added that either has a configurable recipe or defines the item as a drop.
It's stupid to have to statically code in simple things like ores and items, and equally as stupid for recipes to be statically coded.

Nah, that would be the conservatards in red states that are going to lose all their medicaid funding and don't have a large enough tax base to cover it.

I need the artist on this. I love stuff like this.

trump has problems, but it's much more fun to meme it up tbh

Can't argue with that.

I voted for him because I thought it'd be entertaining and I figured he'd screw up so much, that we'd actually realize that there's a problem with American politics. I thought he toned down after he won for a while much to my disappointment, but then I saw his inauguration and knew it was going to be an absolute clusterfuck.

The blonde clown in the White House is a Jesuit-trained puppet working for the same shadowy forces that used Obama.

Presidents are selected, not elected.
The outcome is already determined before hand.

The U.S. hasn't had a legitimate president for a long time. Every one fulfills a specific agenda.

Problem, reaction, solution. And you retards keep falling for it.

Claiming "teh joos control teh world!" is barely one step less insane than claiming that lizard people in the Illuminati control the world.

Trump may be a GOP puppet, and possibly on Putin's payroll, but the Jews have nothing to do with it. They're just a convenient scapegoat like the Muslims, and their greedy and conniving stereotype applies to EVERY wealthy person, not just those with big noses.

Yes but think about the percentage of them with large noses, as it's higher than any other race or creed.

So? That's like saying blacks commit more murders. Even if it is true, it doesn't mean non-blacks don't commit murder. It doesn't mean blacks control the world's murdering.

Berenshitstain universefags such as yourself are not welcomed here.

Quit being a negative faggot. Trump was definitely a real blow to the establishment. Given the amount of butthurt post-election. The swamp just got the best of him at the moment.

I love how much the end of this thread talks about embed related :^)

Yeah, and well over half of every extraordinarily wealthy person is Jewish. It's not so much "Jews control the world" as it is "A handful of Jews control a majority stake of the world."

Apply yourself, retard

You are fucking adorable.

You can make the same fucking argument when it comes to Freemasonry.

Looking at top officials or celebrities, you always found some weird connection to an occult society or Satan worship.

But nah, it probably means nothing, because it's da Jooz!

Protip: History did not start in 1940 AD or 500 BC.
Talmudic Judaism is part of something much larger, it's not the end-all conspiracy.

It's the Lizard People then. I FUCKING KNEW IT!

Nope.

David Icke and Alex Jones are controlled opposition and gate keepers.

William Cooper is where it's at. He actually got assassinated for exposing the elite's secrets and his predictions (including 9/11) were spot on.

You forgot about Micheal Smith being the guard of cerberus and keymaker to jupiter's chaos. Also Jonathan Yitti, who praises the song of the sun and keeps watch on the watchers, but who was killed last year because he exposed the depths of the darkest sacrament.

Here's a (You) out of pity.

Take your "Jews!" paranoid schizophrenia and go back to your containment board.

this shit screams leftyfur