NIHON FALCOM THREAD "Grown-Up Lolis" Edition

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

Specially Xanadu Next. That masterpiece deserves bigger sales.

- Trails in the Sky the 3rd finally out for PC on Steam, GOG and the Humble Store + the first two Trails in the Sky games on sale
- Check out the content of the last Tits FC & SC updates, specially the translation improvements ( xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization )
- Trails of Cold Steel I & II confirmed for a PC release, first game will be released on Summer
- Tons of new features announced for Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (PS4/PC) (check Gematsu) (I wish we had other sites reporting Falcom news this much as well)
- Trails of Cold Steel III is on track for a Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive, details such as the story and some new characters have been announced, such as Tita and Agate confirmed

- Tokyo Xanadu brought by Askys, will be released for Vita on June 30th, and the improved Ex+ version for PS4 and PC on late 2017, although Amazon has November 24th, 2017 listed
- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA, If you wish to complain, do so to Falcom, not XSeed (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.
- Most games published by XSEED now to be developed with a PC release in mind ( gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-09-09-no-fan-left-behind ) (end of the 9th paragraph)
- We need to improve the Ys and Trails guide, by the way

- The Legend of Xanadu I & II Dub Project announced, release "soon"! ( tg-16.com/The_Legend_of_Xanadu_Dub_Project.htm )
- Trails to Zero could be released this year after the 3rd. Trails to Azure also being translated (both for PSP and PC)
- Also in the works: Zwei!!, Zwei II, Dinosaur Resurrection, Vantage Master Japan, Dinosaur Resurrection and Brandish 2 Renewal (PC-98)

pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Be wary of Ys 8, as much as it pains me to say. The amazon description of the game is lazy as fuck and Dogi is now the "WallcrAsher", they even said that after Ys I, they abandoned the bump system. It all sounds like pure PR and "fake passion" for the series, or maybe I'm just paranoid.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/436670/discussions/0/2741975115077231617/
tcrf.net/The_Legend_of_Heroes:_Trails_of_Cold_Steel_(PlayStation_3)
tcrf.net/The_Legend_of_Heroes:_Trails_of_Cold_Steel_2
falcom.com/info/joysoundlist.html
geofront.esterior.net/2017/05/15/rumors-of-our-completion-are-exaggerated/
gog.com/forum/the_legend_of_heroes_trails_in_the_sky_series/the_legend_of_heroes_trails_in_the_sky_sc_tita_doesnt_learn_her_cannon_impulse_f_bug
techraptor.net/content/trails-sky-3rd-review
tcrf.net/File:LoH_Trails_in_the_Sky_the_3rd_Portrait_Unused_Julia.png
twitter.com/Gu4n/status/866932365142130688
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can you please stop it with the "let's blow XSEED and fuck over Falcom's bottom line" shit? It's a Falcom thread, not an XSEED thread.

TALLER
THAN
TOWA

What if Agate ends up with Towa because she's legal?

Anyone who went after towa in coldsteel would be pretty sore about getting ntr'd.

Rean can't claim the entire female population of Erebonia. Can he?

Kloe is cuter than Towa
Towa is cuter than Tita.

Nigga you gay

FUCK XXXSEED I'M GLAD NISA GOT YS
Angelica a fucking shit.

this

vid related: when Kevin met Angelica

checked.

Kloe is the cutest. Fite me faggots.

Seriously though. She was probably the one character I wanted to hug the most.

He can't keep getting away with it.

There's a fourth TitS game, right? RIGHT?

I'm not sure I can move on right now. I've spent so much time with them, waiting for years for the games… and now it's finally done. It's done. Fucking done. The last moments are so good. Even the fucking chests were telling you good bye. That last moment, with everyone parting ways…

I don't care about the other games right now. God fucking dammit. Fuck you Falcom and fuck you XSEED.

no

Given how disappointing her final bonding scene is, it wouldn't exactly be surprising. Hell, the Elliot dorm scene had more sexual tension than Towa's.

That's because Elliot is a lewd boislut.

Lately, I've been thinking about Rean role playing as an instructor in bed.

Fie is still young enough to actually enroll as a student, now that I think about it.

Holy shit, a CS stage actor that doesn't look like complete shit! And it just has to be Angie!

Woah, look at those Nips

she has negative ass

This tbh

Considering they're the ones who brought over the largest portion of games in the first place, it's pretty much a joint operation at this point, but only for the Falcom games they've brought over. People will still talk about Tokyo Xanadu and Ys 8 so I don't know why you're being a bit assblasted right now. Just fishing for (you)s I guess.

Yeah, it's not like anyone's shilling everything XSeed does. No one's mentioned Story of Seasons, Akiba, or Senran Kagura. We keep our discussions to Falcom games, it just so happens XSeed were one of the few who put effort into their localizations and brought over a bunch of Falcom games. When Ys 8 and TX come around, we're not going to ignore them because XSeed didn't localize them. Though Ys 8 will probably have some crying that they wish XSeed had.

It's a pun. The fucking release date is a pun. May the 3rd. May is the fifth month. This is the fifth Trails game that they've localized.

Holy shit

Aren't grown-up lolis just aras?

I want to impregnate Tita so she'll have my Aryan super genius children.

Yeah, nah. They're translators, they have nothing to do with the production of the games.

Anime

Supporting XSEED's Falcom releases is only going to result in more Falcom releases. They are probably the only company interested in bringing more Trails and old Falcom games.

If you get assblasted by this simple logic of "I just want more of their games so we need to support them", fucking grow up. Honestly, it seems you have something against them, instead of being grateful. We wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them, and that's a fact no one can deny.

If Aksys delivers a good TX release, we will recommend buying TX as well. Same with Ys 8… if Nisa manages not to fuck up.

Some of the characters filter into the other games.

Kloe, Olivert, Estelle, Joshua, Renne, Kevin and Ries appear in the Crossbell games.

Olivert is in the Erebonia games too. Agate, Tita are in CS3. And there might be more. I'm hoping Schera makes a return because of what Olivert asks her at the end of TitS 3rd.

And it's very likely that Crossbell-only characters will make it to CS3, too.

You have no idea how hard my fingers are crossed right now.

NiSA is great. I'm sure they'll accurately convey Ador, Dannan and their friends like Hummers adventures across the mysterious Siren Islan, as they try to uncover the deep secrets Evolution and the dangerous Dragonsaurs that roam the ancient land of Atenia.

Fuck

I just can't wait for them to reissue the Paths series of games without XSEED's horrible fuck ups. How they totally censored Renée's arc in 3rd Aerial Paths was disgusting, to say nothing of their handling of Angus #3 Whiteman. I'm glad that No Paths and Blue Paths aren't in their hands. Hopefully their translation and PC port of Flashy Paths 3 comes quickly.

I'm pretty sure NISA won't get Trails because XSeed are the only ones dedicated to doing translating massive amounts of text.

So it turns out monsters drop gear now too. Should I bother grinding this? The drops seem super rare, and basically you usually find better gear on the next screen. It just feels bad that there are unique items I haven't found.

…and now I've discovered a mob that also drops several unique food items, it seems. Can those usually be acquired elsewhere?

Any word on the No Paths fan translation?

I meant in terms with the threads. They're going to get brought up because they translate the games. Stop being dense.

Usually not something I say, but goddamn cuck harder. "If Aksys, who's proven to be anti-consumer, has editors who have actively meddled in localization efforts, and are quick to pass the buck to a C list outlier to fuck over translations, delivers a good product then I'll buy".

You want to support Falcom? Learn or utilize moon and stop advocating shitty middlemen management.

Fuck this fishing bullshit. I thought anons might have been exaggerating a bit, I swear there is some seriously foul bullshittery in this game. Is there a way to cheat, even to open the console? I can't keep doing these 15 round retries.

I don't know if I got lucky or what because I only had to retry the first round twice until I understood how it worked, and cleared the other 2 rounds on first try (and I did miss a couple fish)
Some people on steam forums seem to suggest turbo controls or some shit steamcommunity.com/app/436670/discussions/0/2741975115077231617/

For the 3rd round I tried around four or five times but each time it felt like there was a rubberband thing. Every time I got ahead he'd start pulling up big fish after big fish and match and beat me every time.

Chapter 5/6 drops are much easier to get (with Josette on remote) than what you find in The Abyss. Definitely crank up the speedhack and make sure to finish enemies with someone equipped with Fortune or Divine Eye. Poltergeists, Arch-Fiends, and -ccubi in Chapter 5 have good stuff for sure. The drops in The Abyss take ages for some reason, not just because the Bennu Nuclei take longer to kill.

Alternatively, don't do this if you want a more challenging game. The drops are rather OP (Kitty gear nabs you huge speed/agility and movement bonuses useful for mages and close-quarters fighters).

What should I use my last three Zemurian Ores on? I already made a two-handed sword for Agate and Mueller, but I'm torn between making them just for the physical damage characters who already have a really high strength stat or making one or two for the "jack-of-all trades" characters like Estelle/Schera/Josette who are only good for support arts/crafts and hopefully let them actually do some damage.

Cheatengine.

Do you know the name Adel Mueslim?

Adel Mueslim… Thousand and hundred years ago he was given birth at in a small unknown mountain village. He had many epic adventures and got exactly 100 adventure journals and arrows to the knees.

I wish Nips could do English. That way Falcom could just do the localisation in-house.

Weren't they trying to form an in house localization department?

Falcom doesn't give a shit about the West. China? Yes. The West? A blip on the corporate radar.

Xseed was literally the only ones interested in translating the games. There's no love between Falcom and Xseed. If someone outbids Xseed they get dropped.

If Nisa fucks up with Ys nobody in Japan will care or notice. And I know gamers: they will eat shit anyway.

Falcom does care right now about the West, as long as it means expanding awareness of their franchises, making money and expanding their market. It's been one of their most important points for a few years in their shareholders meetings.

006EADF0 for Estelle
006EADF4 for the opponent

Just set those values accordingly using cheat engine and you'll win.

I DID IT! I BEAT HIM LEGIT

FUCK YOU FISHING BARON, I AM ESTELLE, THE SUPREME FISHER!

They absolutely do care, what company wouldn't care to get more money and customers? And the fact that they're releasing cold steel on steam shows that it's definitely significant enough that they'll bother, if the west didn't matter, they wouldn't even release games here. I would say the relevance of steam has bolstered the relevance of the west to the japanese market in general, with more and more companies releasing their older and contemporary titles on steam.

You're trying too hard, user. Falcom were the ones who approached Xseed for Cold Steel.

Has anyone here actually played either Dragon Slayer duo loft or the Gagharv Trilogy? What were they like, if you have?

But are you a SUPREME GAMBLER as well?

I found that challenge (and all the others) to be easier than the fishing, personally.

It was the opposite for me. Blackjack was fine, but poker got me quite a few tries to beat.

See, I thought poker was pretty easy. Blackjack was annoying, computer-favoring RNG, but it only took me a couple of tries. I beat Jack on my first go around.

Will it be Toma, Sharl or both who go to Thor: Reeves?

The Gagharv trilogy is kind of a "beta Trails" trilogy. Each game focuses on one single area and there's effort on the world and the NPCs.

From the video you can see a lot of resembleces.

Why hasn't this been translated?

But user, it's translated on the PSP!

Yeah, by duwang.

The gameplay in the psp version is also boring as shit from what I've played.

What?

The hell is that?

Cut shit from SC, obviously. It seems like Richard was probably fully playable at one point in development.

Wow. When the hell could those two have been playable?

Oh they do that a lot.
tcrf.net/The_Legend_of_Heroes:_Trails_of_Cold_Steel_(PlayStation_3)
tcrf.net/The_Legend_of_Heroes:_Trails_of_Cold_Steel_2
Amalthea would probably help Richard against the Enforcers, and he would probably join afterwards.
In CS2, there were apparently a lot more Phantasmal Mirrors at one point, so there are fully playable models (with weapon icons on the equip pages) of the Zephyr Members, MacBurn, Bluewhite the Ghost Stealer, Rufus and Olivert. You can see those in the second link.

I hope you're not suggesting that people support NISA.

Oh look it's an
thread

Look, enough of Towards the trash bin!

All I want to know is, will I finally get to have my cake teacher?
WILL I FINALLY GET THE CAKE?!

What about cold cake?

So what would have happened if Julia's fan club had caught her?

Cold, dead cake.

I hope not.

They can't tease me with the end of CS2 and then give me nothing in CS3.

Her voice actress is dead, Jim.

That's true, but don't they have the games planned out in advance?

A girl got replaced in Tales of Zestria because of that. People act like the Japs never do it, but it happens more than you'd think.

Rape, of course.

I still say they'll keep her silent in cutscenes and re-use battle sounds from 2.

XSeed will patch her VA in the eventual PC port.

I doubt it. I think they'll replace the VA. As says, Japan does that more than people think.

Igor's VA was replaced in Persona 5 for example.

Umm, lad that was Yaldabaoth. When Igor came back he still used Isamu Tanonaka's VA. And for some reason the English dub didn't bring back Dan Woren. At least they didn't use Vic Micnogna again.

I might need to rewatch the scene but didn't he say new stuff? How could it have been.

Oh did they use archived audio? Damn, I thought they just used someone similar.

Either way, that doesn't change my initial thing. I really think they'll just replace her VA.

He's still credited as Igor in P5. Unless they're lying, they may have had some old lines that were written out saved somewhere that they decided to use.

How is Xseed the bad guy here?
Polite sage because I haven't played one Falcom game.

They might do it more often than people think, but the fact is, is that they're really really hesitant in doing it to the degree that it's more likely they'll get written out rather than getting a new VA to do it. Hell we never got a proper closure to macross thanks to that.

XSeed is only the bad guy if you're Nightwolve.

Or if you're a Goon or Neofag who likes (((localizations))).

To be fair, XSEED does their fair share of meme translations as well. NISA is on a completely different level of bad though, to the point where they should never be supported.

Tell me where they've fucked up with them. I've had one problem, in the beginning of YS I, but that's all.

No I agree with you. I'm saying only SJWeebs hate Xseed.

You're going to have to give me an example, because every XSeed game I've played has basically been a model of how to do it right.

Senran Kagura. Unless you think "rub a dub dub, thanks for the grub" is a good translation.

Oh, sorry about that. I wasn't sure how to read the way you typed (((localizations))).

Does it properly translate the intent of what was being said in the Japanese? Was it in character for the person saying that to say that?

I'm gonna guess the character in question was trying to do a joking version of Itadakimasse, which has no equivalent in English because we don't say something before we eat and that was the closest they could manage.

I think it was just itadakimasu.

It's all about intent and context, though. A line out of context may seem suspect, but when looked at in the greater scheme of what's being localized, it may work well.

I wonder if there's a way to play with Kanone in SC / the 3rd?

Also

falcom.com/info/joysoundlist.html

Number of times each song has been requested on a Karaoke

Attacking the company whose products they localize is not exactly a good strategy.

You have to give examples when you're doing this, user.

Well, fug. Shining Poms don't care about any sort of damage now, it seems. You either get a death effect from spell/bonus or nothing.

Do I have to WIN the battle in Star Door 5 to get the bonus?

Pretty sure you have to win it the first time to get the Jinu.

S-Crafts and K.O. procs are the only way, and they're just a bit tougher than usual. I use them way more for sepith farming than EXP in 3rd.

Yes. Use Petal Dance for buffs, Tearal and items for healing, and just whack at Richard. The fight's not too hard, nothing like Julia vs. Mueller.

Fucking hell, that fight was insane. You only have just enough EP and items to barely survive his attacks and even that might not be enough, because Mueller can easily get a double turn and completely fuck you over. There are very few fights that get close to this one in terms of difficulty.

I'm playing on Hard and his starting S-Craft takes like 70%HP away.

Obviously I got instagibbed in the Julia fight, but I was told there is nothing for winning there.

I'm usually very autistic about this, I even beat Mueller in SC, ALT+F4'ing, restarting and going through that cutscene again every time I lost. But here a retry means watching like 10 minutes of cutscenes, so even I can't do that, I'm afraid. I might try Richard again later, at least.

I'm cumming.

>Cassius gets first turn
>Instantly phoenix waves and kills my entire party
fuck

I did when this played

lol, I remember that thread. This guy was shut down pretty quick.

Is this about 3rd?

That guy's pretty mad.

That's some premium autism

Would Sony have put it on their online store, even if offered?

In other news, the 2 years old unnanounced XSEED game is suddenly getting updates on the Steam Database for once.

The fact that this is happening right after the 3rd has been released but not updated in the last days makes me think Sara is working on this release. Which means there's a huge chance this is an unnanounced Falcom game. Also Sara confirmed she isn't working on CS for PC, so it's not that.

As someone who bought the PSP versions of TitSdigitally, this guy is a fucking looney tune. Shit, does importing a save even matter in the 3rd? In SC, it gave alternate dialogues and extra goodies for NPCs you did quests for. With the way the 3rd is structured, can something like that even happen?

Gagharv Trilogy confirmed

zwei 2

Lads… LADS!

Tom said they want to do Zwei!! first. Never ever either way.

You get some useful accessories and some sepith for importing your save.

Also Tita only has Cannon Impulse F if you import a save with it.

make it real

Thought so. Yet that guy treats it like it's removing a whole arm or threads of the story if you don't import.

Wait, you miss out on an S-Craft upgrade? Damn. But still not the biggest problem in the world.

I don't want to get hyped about Zero, specially when a few months ago a user received a reply from xseed (by email) saying that the chances of zero and azure weren't… too high.

But again, I find pretty suspicious that they even had set up websites for both games already. I understand that they had to do it since they revealed the names they would like to use for the English releases… but if they didn't, there wouldn't be any reason to! And I doubt revealing both names were something they HAD to do it or had any impact (in fact, almost no one remembers them), so it comes to me as a "pointless reveal that forced them to register both sites and pay some extra money for 2 years and who knows for how much more longer".

Who the fuck knows.

geofront.esterior.net/2017/05/15/rumors-of-our-completion-are-exaggerated/
:^)

Is Cannon Impulse F stronger than Satellite beam?

Dinosaur: Resurrection

Yep. Two more years.

I wouldn't mind that at all.

A fan tl is in the works though

Sweet, I didn't know that.

They are also working on making the game work at higher resolutions.

I'm kinda hyped about the game, it's supposedly one of the darkest Falcom games made, with even some dark humor and all.

Goddamn, fuck you Neidthart. Fucking Spiegel mother fuck.

The CS2 mech fight against Neithardt, right?

I found it to be really tough the first time through.

It's not even hard, it's just bullshit. I'll get him down to a few thousand HP then he'll suddenly go three times in a row.

I THINK you can cheese it with a partner. One of them has an ability that lowers speed and strength. I think if you keep spamming it the Speed and Strength go right down.

I think it's Sara?

Oh the Zero fan translation site did update recently. Unfortunately the update was basically: "Oh, yeah we're not even close to done and you guys shouldn't talk like we are. Everything is still in a spreadsheet format and we're trying to make it sound less like a robot wrote it.""

It's Sara and yes, if she's able to go before Neithardt wears it off, you can stack it once. Rare as fuck to happen though.

Yeah, I just saw that. Ahh, well. Guess it'll take a year or two. Gives me time to work on my backlog.

>fighting shadow Kevin

What the fuck is this garbage of a fight?

I hold in my hand the chalice of heaven…

No idea. I ran into this bug and never got it:
gog.com/forum/the_legend_of_heroes_trails_in_the_sky_series/the_legend_of_heroes_trails_in_the_sky_sc_tita_doesnt_learn_her_cannon_impulse_f_bug

…May the holiest of lights act as its shield…

Man it would be awesome if Tita was an Awakener. She'll probably have some sort of playable mech for Divine Knight battles.

Was it rape?

Dubs confirm it was rape.

I keep hearing speculation that Rean isn't the real protagonist of CS3, and that it'll be Yuna or something.

It annoys me because I think that people are missing that there are stuff that needs to be cleaned up that deals with Rean. His connection to Osbourne, his future which is left the most unsure out of Class 7, Valimar, his ogre form etc

What do you guys think?

I think that Falcom isn't run by Hideo Kohima, so I believe them when they say Rean is still the main Protagonist. I think the new Class VII's stories won't end in CS3 and that they'll be setting up the Calvard arc. Or they won't have as much prominence in the story as they seem and are only parts of Rean's story as a teacher. Or, CS3 could just be a fuckhuge JRPG.

*Kojima I mean. Damn, I thought I fixed that.

Hell, we're two games into Cold Steel and we still haven't
1. seen the Sept-Terrion(S!)
2. seen the Divine Beast (S!)
3. learned anything about the two foundational tribes (though they are probably the witches and the gnomes)
4. Seen the remaining divine knights
Have they actually confirmed there will be no Cold Steel 4?

We'll, we didn't do 1 or 2 until SC, either, and since we count CS I and II as FC, that fits. As for four, the only Divine Knight we need confirmation on is the Lohengrin Knight. The others could be in other countries for later arcs.

They confirmed III to be the last CS game. Also the next arc is Calvard's.

I don't see that happening. There are definitely ancient mechs in Calvard (Kevin references one at the beginning of SC w/ Julia in the Sealed Area), but the Divine Knights are Fragments of the Great Power, which was left over by the clash of the two titans (likely the Sept-Terrion/their tribes). They should be in Erebonia's traditional reaches.

She already has a mech.

I hope she and Renne get to have that mech battle in CS3. Pater-Mater is seen running around somewhere in Erebonia, Rean and team go to investigate, Rean calls for Valimar but Tita stops him and says she wants to handle it. She pops out the Orbal Gear and a fight ensues like the one between Angelica and her dad.

I know, which is why she should have a bigger mech in CS2.

fuck

But Portal-Mortal is dead.

I assume Crossbell stuff Good thing I didn't know that so I can make a fool of myself, right?

They could still have Tita fight, or even better yet, claim one of the other Gordias units, as at least one of them is still around, if I recall.

I feel like the great power is gonna be an Evangelion Tier mech to fight some giant divine beast.

I think TechRaptor-user's review of the 3rd triggered Hatsuu since it mentioned Crossbell.

techraptor.net/content/trails-sky-3rd-review

CROSSBELL WHERE

Honestly I like Hatsuu but she's a bit touchy and kinda dumb at times.

Like… what do you expect? People want Zero and Ao. And the more games you localize that lead to or reference Crossbell (Trails 3rd and Cold Steel), the more people will want to know about the games.

They need to keep their fucking mouths shut. They are primarily dealing with the japanese, who don't take fucking kindly to this shit.

She was also the one that commented that XSEED didn't let go on translating Ys VIII willingly, which ok fine but it did kinda come across as unprofessional as fuck.

But I can see getting annoyed when people constantly bring it up and you have to say over and over and over again that you can't do a thing.

You don't have to say anything. It'll get announced when it's announced and if people can't handle that then that isn't anyone's problem except for the one crying about it. Likewise if you can't handle people asking for it then what? Do you think whining on Twitter is going to make people stop? It's just one of those situations with no winners so it's best to just stop caring.

That's the exact thing that I'm talking about. I really enjoy XSEED's products, but I think they need to keep their heads a lot cooler and be so public about their frustrations.

If I were in her spot I probably wouldn't be annoyed.

From where I stand I'm honestly glad people are loving the series and the reviewers are asking for more.

Hatsuu probably feels like she's obligated to continuously say that Crossbell is not a surety whenever it's brought up. People are just saying they want to see more.

Yeah. As much as I like Tom as a person, I would totally understand if XSEED eventually dropped him simply because he's a fucking controversy magnet.

You totally understand them dropping somebody who obviously cares about the integrity of a product with (what used to have) his name on it in a company that translates some of the most niche shit in the West because he doesn't want to be another NISA?

The "controversy" he attracts is 95% because XSEED exists in an industry that censors things for extremely asinine reasons such as

Kill yourself.

Can you guys give some detail on this? I'm out of the loop.

There's a difference between being against censorship and sperging out and making a huge fucking deal about what isn't even really censorship.

I understand why he did what he did with Akiba's Beat, and maybe I would've done SOMETHING to express my discontent if I was in his position, but he definitely went too far. That, and you're twisting my fucking words. Name ONE example of an employee from another company getting to spout as much shit about the company they work for as Tom has gotten away with. Again, I like the man, and I agree with his sensibilities - for fucks sake, I imported Bravely Default and Bravely Second to avoid the fucking censorship - but I could 100% understand why XSEED might eventually drop him from a business standpoint, because he more or less constantly makes controversies for the company.

It's nothing new, Tom has always been anti-censorship - which is great! - but sometimes he reacts to a situation too quickly, with either not knowing enough about the situation or getting too caught up arguing about it. That's the reason why Hatsuu took over the Twitter, Tom got drunk arguing to folks using the official Twitter account over the Akiba's Trip trap "controversy".

Tom got banned from Neogaf, so he can't be all bad.

I'd give Dana my wondergoo if you know what I mean.

Except people only think XSEED is a decent localization company BECAUSE Tom is constantly being vocal about the shit he fights for. That is why they allow him to shoot off like that, it helps them look better because
looks better than

Consider other localization companies and how often they "request" the ability to make changes to things they disagree with. Now tell me Japanese devs aren't conceding to avoid difficulties where they wouldn't exist in the target audience. Just because a change has the "blessing" of the original devs doesn't mean the release isn't censored.

I understand he looks "bad" for business in the context of normal business practices. XSEED , however, is not a "normal" business. They translate niche products in niche genres for people who tend to want a release to be as close to the original as possible. Tom sperging out about his work actually signals to other spergs and allows them to believe the product is as uncensored as possible, regardless of whether or not it's true. By dropping Tom the only thing the spergs would interpret that as is that XSEED has begun to censor their releases and, presumably, stop buying them which can still be enough to kill them.

General, all-purpose image board use screenshot.

Sounds more like the mess that is NeoGaf

How salty one must be in order to become a pillar of killer salt?

Go full retard regarding the 3rd not being released for the PSP.

I was reading that image and I was just thinking about how I remember that whole debacle and how I feel for Tom and I just wondering what he was getting at with posting about it now, and then he goes and has to compare nightwolve to Donald on the basis that they both have a thing for attaching derogatory nicknames to people. Tom's still alright to me but he's sort of a nitwit sometimes

[PANIC]

Nightwolve levels of salt.

So do the other games go more in depths into Ouroboros or is it always gonna he such surface level cock teasing like tits and cold steel

I feel like Tom is SJW-lite. But the fact that he's anti-censorship with the games XSeed localizes earns him my respect.

Or maybe everyone at XSeed has a bit of autism.

Id plow short hair scherazard harder then long hair

I feel like most of xseed genuinely love video games
Its just they also come from awful communities like neogaf

Nothing wrong with asking where the games are. Not like I'd expect a sudden answer, either. Just chill, hatsuu.

I took this one for the same reason.

I think they do. I think in one of their tumblr blogs they say they have to actually like the game and be invested in it to localize it.

I usually like long hair but goddamn Schera pulls off that short hair so well.

Schera has a 10/10 design in the 3rd. I'm not the biggest fan but she really looks beautiful.

Also I just realised that one of the best things that the 3rd manages to do is for fans to appreciate characters that they didn't at first.

She's going to marry Olivier, isn't she?

I hope she shows up in CS3 and elaborates on what Olivert asked her at the end of 3rd.

The nobility would put a sniper round through him before they let that travesty happen.

How to git gud at drinking.

But that's exactly the kind of audacious thing he would do. Also, I have a feeling no one in the nobility can buy so much a cheese knife now without Osborne sicking the entire army on them.

Olivier can be a master troll sometimes. Like at the end of SC.

What major nobles are even left? Hyarms?

Rogner and Albarea are still around. I can't confirm, but I'm sure Cayenne has more family. I also just realized the Four Great Houses are likely the descendants of Dreichels' brothers who lost the War for the throne. I hadn't thought about that.

I wasn't only referring to the Dukes, though. Bareahard has plenty of Nobles who'd likely agree Olivert was going too far.

Rogner's not a traditionalist (what with the whole I love my live gay daughter thing), and Rufus is head of House Albarea, and he's either fairly liberal or in a hot daddy/boy relationship with Osbourne, so I don't think he'd object to it. If anything, Osbourne would encourage it, as tearing down the foundations of the imperial family (the divine blood of the something something fill in the blank) would go along with his progressive agenda.

I think Jusis might have a problem with it, and he might be in charge of house Albarea now that Rufus is in charge of Crossbell.

Jusis would make a bitchy comment on it than roll over for the diminution of noble privilege like he always days.

*does

Like I said, I wasn't only referring to Dukes. They arent the only Nobles who believe in the purity and preservation of bloodlines. Plenty in Barehard prove that.

Jusis is a mongrel. He's the LEAST likely to raise a fuss. He might question it, but I doubt he'd ever go so far as to decry Olivert.

Those nobles in Bareahard are like the ones in Versailles. They're completely powerless. They have no army or backing, the most they can do is scheme and fume.

Finally changed the dub in 3rd it was getting on my nerves.

But I miss

They may lack their own personal standing military, but that's what jaegers are for.

That was more about Angelica being able to stand to him directly and do what she believed in, not her gayness. Hell, Zemuria seems pretty liberal about that whole thing. Boys love is a popular genre, girls like Angelica, Julia, and Laura have female fan girls who seem like they lean that way, Olivert is always DTF with anyone and people only call him out for being so forward about it. Come to think of it, it's the general portrayal Japan usually gives homosexuality in fiction.

The jegers need to physically get into the country, which is now on extreme lockdown and has a giant army of both robots and tanks. I don't doubt they'd TRY, as that would be an awesome gameplay set-piece (BATTLE AT THE WEDDING!) but it still wouldn't work out for the noble remnant.

They don't realize that buttsex caused the Great Prolapse.

In the real world 1000 year old monarchies were swept away in a weekend. Those dumbass Erebonian nobles forgot "the will of the people".

The emperor will be saved as a constitutional monarchy but the rest is going to find real jobs.

The series is a lot more depressing once you reflect on real life or what they do and you won't ever get to do.

To say nothing of the questionable historical accuracy of this worldview, there's a big difference in that in Zemuria, the most major houses/governments/bloodlines DO have some sort of divine/supernatural sanction to them. The Auslese were caretakers of the Aureole, the Crois of Demiurgos, the Reise-Arnor (which is possibly a conjuct name to indicate the fusion/master of the two erebonian Sept-Terrions?) have at least some claim to rule simply by virtue of the knights.

It's one of the key sticking points for me thematically in the series, actually. On one hand, we have a fairly modern and moderately put forth progressive/weak nationalist viewpoint that's generally put forth by the heroes, and on the other, the fact that, unlike how equivalent ideologies would portray our world, direct divine inspiration for civilization (or so it seems thus far). It doesn't mesh.

Most JRPGs are like that.

tfw you will never join up with the Bracers, rise up through the ranks, become a powerful fighter enough to earn a nickname thereby be respected/feared/praised by others.

Let's be honest user, this is the real crux of it. There are no more heroic vocations, so we have to seek them in fantasy.

Think of getting into the series as I have "Trails to the Sky" in my Steam library. How good is the translation for it? My moon reading isn't up to being able to go through an entire JRPG renowned for having a gargantuan script.

The translation staff cultivates these threads, it's well done.

It's very good, and XSeed keeps updating it if they find any errors and whatnot.

I hope you're ready for a ton of dialogue, lots of really good worldbuilding, characters and a slow-burning but cozy RPG that doesn't start kicking up the notches until the end (the first game is pretty much buildup for the entire second game).

The English PC version is also the ultimate version Japan never got.

The PC version is the Original version and the only version with dynamic shadows. It also has the best field of view.
In the English version the translators backported the bonus features of the PSP version and the high res menus and portraits of the PS3 version.

>>>/neogaf/
>>>/4cuck/

XSEED just drop the act already

Don't you have other shit to get obssesed over? Yeah like cultivating these threads by themselves wouldn't have an extremely effort/reward ratio.

Just face it, people are just extremely grateful to them. They were the ones that managed to get people to know Falcom in the West, plus the huge amount of work put into releasing Trails, while normally you would expect a publisher to drop the franchise instead of releasing more games.

Honestly, you would fit more at 4cuck and NeoFag.

Don't you have anything else to get fucking hyperdefensive over?

Aidios is just an ancient alien. That's how I always explain these things as an atheist.

It's guillotine time.

I almost want Nisa to get the TitS games.

But then again people would be happy if they censored all the creepy weird Japanese stuff so it would massively backfire.

Just because something has a scientific explanation doesn't make it necessarily "profane," especially when souls are decisively shown to exist. From what Kevin says in 3rd while in Gehenna, there seems to be some sort of planar hierarchy (the three worlds, which are likely the Sky/Heaven, Earth and Gehenna). There does seem to be only one metaphysical structure being tapped into as well, if the visual similarities between Phantasmagoria and the Realm of the Great Shadow, as well as the Spirit Paths and Layers of Phantasma are indicative.

What the hell happened here? Does Ragnard have a kid? Is Mary a dragon? Did she ingest some odd shrooms? The fuck kind of stone did she have? Will it summon dragons? Does Mercia Orphanage have a pet dragon?

What the fuck was that door!?

The funniest part was the last line, I was convinced she was gonna go "I know this smell…Matron is a dragon."

People have been debating Moon Door 5 for years with no concrete evidence either way. It has never come up again, so most people tend to just kind of dismiss it as mostly a dream. But who knows? Watch it be integral to the Calvard games or something.

It does do one important thing and establish that dragons are a species that is still extant, and aren't some sort of divine construct. Given that we know they can turn evil/become necromancers, I'm pretty sure it will come up again.

What level should I be for the Nightmare arena? I'm around 135 right now, and playing on hard.

Level constantly spam Grail Chalice.

Where the hell are the Invites for the last two Arenas, anyway? Can't find them for the life of me.

At least one is in plane 7, the abyss

I managed to beat nightmare arena on nightmare with most of my team around 132~, with Kevin, Renne, Anelace, and Richard.
Richard was the one dealing all of the damage, while everyone else spammed buffs/earthwall and occasionally casted an offensive art when they had the opportunity.

I feel like the invitation to the hard arena might be in the mirrored Looking Glass in plane 6, but that's just a vague feeling.

Damn, you were right. It was behind a blue door past an out of the way hall. Thanks user. Also, there's a Star door here I forgot to come back to as well. Is it Renne's? Is it time to feel?

Yes, but it's not the sad one. It's just about Pater-Mater's specs. It's important though, because you get an S-Craft for her out of it when you go back to the garden after having seen it. Also there's a Blublanc door in there too, though you may have found that one.

No, I didn't. Thanks for letting me know, though. I guess each of the worlds on this plane has 2 doors?

Oh yeah, you need to win 400 battles before you can unlock Star Door 13, so if you aren't close make sure to fight a lot.

>abyss
You can get back from the final plane? I thought you had no way of coming back after boarding the Arseille.

The Abyss isn't the final dungeon, it's a bonus dungeon you access from the Garden after talking to Celeste.

Oh. So I need to beat the final boss before going there? OK.

The opposite, you have to do it before leaving for Phantasmagoria.

Oh. That clears up things. Thanks!

The fishing game is rigged! RIGGED!

That is some bullshit. (Sun door 5)

The worst part is, I'm sure there are people that actually learned this fucking book.

The last level is actually easiest because it's all meta stuff that we'd know as fanboys.

Yeah I thought so as well. The equipment/quartz questions were easy, and there were quite a few legitimate freebies as well (like the "what's the name of the currency" / "what's the name of the world")

Questions about convertion of game's measurement units to metric are the worst ones, because I think these are the only questions that you can't find the answer to ingame.

It's obviously if you pay attention to context. Fish are measured in rege, which is centimeters. People are measured in arge, which is meters, and distances are in selge, which is kilometers.

Ok nevermind, it's an RNG-fest. I defeated him on 1st try, Norche too. Lloyd was insane, though.

I've actually got an inside scoop on their translation of Flashy Paths 3 if you're down. Apparently they decided the "Mc" in McBurn is racist against irishmen, so they've decided to change his named to "El Burno Caliente."

That's outdated info, I'm afraid. He's now called M.C. Burn and he raps all his lines.

Well now the name change to Doubledee and the Steel Riddahs makes sense.

I wonder how they'll handle Annie Ronery's lesbian stuff.

How do you get Arts Training 4/5 in CS2? Do I have to wait until after the attack on Thors?

Yes, because you need Edel who you only get after doing that.

Edel best noble girl. Big hats 4 life.

So is there a Stigma for each element? We know there are twelve, and there are four lower elements, three higher elements and the five lost elements. The Spear of Loa (which Kevin's Loa imprinted) is explicitly Space aligned, and it also synced with the Aureole, the Treasure of Space, through Phantasma, which would lend a bit of credence to the idea.

Wait, no, he syncs with Loa, which is Space elemental. Drn.

Time fuc

The thread's a week old user.

Fuck, coming off of Persona 5 made me really underestimate how hard The 3rd's hard mode would be. Does anyone have any tips for not getting my anus ravaged? I just barely survived the Chapter 2 Boss.

On Hard? Use buffs. Stats have crazy high values in 3rd, so buffs and debuffs mean more than ever.

I might add, this goes for damage, too. If a character doesn't have very high STR or ATS, they might as well have none, in most cases, because the enemy's defense stats are just that high. So have dedicated physical damage dealer(s), and casters. Pay attention to element weaknesses, of course.

Trails really makes you appreciate Buffs and De-Buffs. Kaempfer and Clock Down are the first two things I always do in a Boss Battle and I mildly panic when they don't work.

Adol returns Rean's smile and optimism.

They also last forever in 3rd compared to the previous two games. It's even more obvious when you're playing a door about an event in the past, the buffs are so quick to disappear since they are based off FC or SC's system.

what color are his panties?

I want to be with beautiful but overpowering military lady

Falcom is like Mark, they can't get enough fucking cake.

I'm actually really, really okay with this. I love cakes, MILFs and similar.

IT also helps that she has the most insane fucking hourglass figure I've seen in one of their games.

Finally, a military lady who's not a tumblr reject like Julia!

Julia's… alright…

tfw tcrf.net/File:LoH_Trails_in_the_Sky_the_3rd_Portrait_Unused_Julia.png

Aw man. She looks good with long hair.

This Julia is actually pretty qt.

If you change the hair to blond it's Toval though.

See, that's pretty good, and should have been the end of her dumb ass star door with Mueller. She takes off her hat after bearing her heart to him about her insecurities, and wham, beautiful Julia, silent acknowledgement and blushing and then just leave it at that for the fans to fill in if they want.

Game companies are finally starting to add more cake options and treat them seriously, and I'm perfectly fine with that. Persona 5 went from 0 to fucking four. CS started with one, gave us two more, and looks to give us even more options in 3, while aging up most of our high school options to 20. Are there any other games in on this glorious revolution?

Oh really? That would explain it, I just noticed this in the Raven's story. The STR buff is so short you can only use it right before the target is going to have their turn, otherwise it runs out before the character even takes action.

twitter.com/NISAmerica/status/866703061900591104

The nose on that guy.

Oh damn son, NISA is having cosplayers no one cares about come to their booth at AnimeExpo to cosplay as Adel and Dana? Makes me want to firebomb the booth but it would be a waste with all the nothing there.

*Adel and Donna.

That's not memeable enough, Dantrel is better and nets in the black folk.

That's a job? Isn't it just plain old modeling? Is there a difference because of copyrighted characters or something?

I assume so; paid by companies to cosplay certain characters from their games instead of cosplaying who they want.

Gotta love seeing these assholes spending money on this shit instead of having fucking functional games

Actually, buffs and debuffs last longer in the actual FC and SC than in 3rd sidestories.

but don't you know that a functional game doesn't matter so long as they know people will buy the product no matter what? If someone criticizes the work then the fans will just dogpile on the haters. It's a win-win.

Do they really? I really felt like the Anelace vs Richard fight was exactly as it would play in SC.

So it's like a Bethesda game?

NISA is the Bethesda of translations, yes.

Haven't seen this, but Towa wears some cute baby blue pantsu.

Tokyo Xanadu is gonna be fun

twitter.com/NISAmerica/status/866728047218573312

NISA is going to be streaming Ys 8 on Thursday. Mark the calendar so you know when to catch all their spicy memes.

n i c e
I have some pantsu from Cold Steel 2 but I don't know where it's saved.

I could have swore I had some but it might have been before my hard drive was wiped. They were some really good shots, too.

You know shit is getting serious when there's no more chest jokes

I have some. Sadly worst girl Alisa gets the shimapan even though she doesn't deserve them. Emma's underwear is hot as fuck. I guess that's where she chooses to represent her witchiness. And Towa wearing a lewd as fuck thong.

I love that the nips take time to model shit like this, unlike western devs. We'll get an even better look when the PC version is released and I can't wait to see the new stuff in CSIII. Aurelia is going to have panythose over hers. It's going to be amazing.

I loved this too.

the most cliche girl (tsundere twintails) gets the most cliche pantsu. I'm not complaining

I hope you are ready for the final Star Door in the final, seventh plane. That door is truly something else.

dubs of pantsu I thank you. I'm not even mad about Alisa getting the shimapan because it's not really that hot. Model ripping is going lead us into the promised land where everything is shown.

So in two days XSEED is streaming Brandish.

It's kind of suspicious, isn't it?

I wouldn't be mad if that was the game that was being updated tbh. If they do a stream of it and announce that it's out at the end of it, that would be cool.

So Phantom Thief B was con artist X? I'm surprised they just put that out there like that.

What do you mean?

I mean, after Positing three possible theories on who he could be, to have him say "My number reveals it" feels cheap. His number is ten, or X. So that implies he's con artist X. Just throwing that into the end is like giving a "what really happened" at the end of a Rashomon.

It's funny because it's later confirmed in the quiz minigame. Pretty bold.

T
Yes, the solution is pretty obvious and for people who still didn't get it, they spoil the solution in the quiz game behind sun door 5. The other two persons still could be relevant an I wonder who the person is, he kidnapped.

Since that app has been getting tons of updates lately, I suspect there's a realistic chance of that happening.

NOT SO FUNNY WHEN YOU'RE ALONE, HUH FAG?

oh shit

Tio confirmed for Sen 3. Falcom confirms they are remaking a Ys game and making a new entry as well. JP voice change for Aurelia. Olivier Lenheim is back to scouting.

Aren't those fuckers exclusive to the 3rd? Also I've heard that after the 3rd now enemies also have mirage/space/time weaknesses, how? All of this is supposedly exclusive to the 3rd.

Source?

twitter.com/Gu4n/status/866932365142130688

Ys V remake is finally coming, then.
And it seems that Romn entry is coming as well.

Oh shit, TWO Ys games!? I love you Falcom

Man, the scope of Sen 3 is going really huge uh

Looks like it. I guess Falcom decided to go all out on the final Erebonian game before they move on to the next country.

Elliot has longer hair.
Emma's wearing a cap.
Laura looks like she hasn't changed her hair at all sadly
Fie has longer hair.

Everyone else looks pretty much the same.

New thread