Lets Plays

When will this shitty Let's Play trend end for fuck's sake? Almost everywhere I go its some faggots shilling for some kind of Let's Play shit and now Pewdiepie is somehow even more popular because of the jew shit. As well as the fucks in pic-related because its "offensive" (but not really cuz its actually gay and diverse furries or something). Why the fuck can't this fucking shit die? I can understand popular autists doing this for money, but why do people love this shit so damn much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T9gEfV79lGE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Your thread is shit, kill yourself.

no bully

We've discussed it before, and the topic itself is awful. Please leave.

I'll bully the fuck out of him dubsman.

Damn you OP.

Also
Your damn picture gave me ocular aids.

You cannot defy the anti-bully double digits.

Because people are lonely. Tech has expanded the regular persons reach to connect with anyone in the world, but the real life connections are dying out. So people turn to lets players and twitch and camsites, wherever they can so as not to feel alone and feel like they have a friend for a bit. At least that's my interpretation of their popularity.

Why can't you ignore people doing things you don't like?

If he did then he wouldn't be browsing this place.

I've seen that shit. Almost every video is them regurgitating shitty Holla Forums memes while saying its alright because one of them is a gay mexican and the other is a jew. Literally this asshat makes me sick. His animations were never good outside of DBZ circlejerks and he just went down the laziest and cheapest route to make money

Oh shit, i'm literally having a panic attack because of your post

Because this is a place for discussion asshat and lets plays are one of the many cancers killing vidya.

Some LPs are actually good.

Only good LPs are autistically cited fully text ones.

E-celeb discussions are not allowed, read the rules, asshat.

Get a load of this filthy fucking liar.

Trying that VPN, huh?

The Dark ID does good LPs.

Please kill yourselves you loathsome parasites. You only help to feed the machine that is E-celeb bullshit.

This.
It's why I watch Vinesauce and Joel

Why are you so bothered by this thread?

You have to be 18 to post on this imageboard.

Drakengard!

Because reasons

Mods please ban these e celeb endorsing twats. They're what's killing Holla Forums.

Go back to neofag

Sure thing kiddo.

Only edgy teenagers trying to sound old and cool say kiddo, just a heads up.

Ironic

I immediately assume anyone who is posting anime or acting smug is automatically in the wrong, so far my theory hasn't been proven wrong and this thread just continues to confirm it

Doesn't Youtube is already kind of doing that with the whole fucking with the ad revenue? Anyways i'm pretty sure that the let's play bubble will explode any time soon, but I warn you that cancer it's only going to be replaced by a new type of cancer.

I say it's a replacement for the tv or more like the radio.

But, the major problem is that it's unfunny amateurs doing it, hence the cringeworthy content. However it's superiour due to lack of commercials and you get to choose to your liking what you want.

Yep, that's a goon

That doesnt account for twitch.

Why vinesauce tho?

Thanks for confirming kiddo.

So if an anime avatar fag says that LPs are good, will you start watching Game Grumps like a good little contrarian?

Sure thing, i heavily doubt Youtube likes to pay out ad revenue to all their major channels, it would make very little money in return for them.

Because they're funny and aren't annoying.
Also relatable, it's like virtual hanging out with a more successful, entertaining, and funnier version of me.

How so? It's you watching your favourite show, on the internet.

Change out the watching for listening to your favourite radio show, or watching your favourite tv-program.

Never claimed to like LPs

Holy shit who let all these newfags in here?

Why is Puru so perfect?

Let's Plays are just symptoms of the real cancer that is Youtube. Alternative when?

Fair enough, I never liked them, but so long as they make you happy is what matters.

The nature of twitch is too different from Radio. They're the closest together contentwise, with call ins being comparable to a degree to shoutouts and commenters, but it's too different with how many commenters there are, how invasive donations are, especially being read out loud, and generally commenting is. Radio can be onesided, and often just discussion on a topic between the people in the station and the odd caller, but it's all controlled. Twitch is more like a hangout with donations that can interrupt the streamer immediately and comments being seen by everyone as well. They're very different.

Feels bad mang

Fuck you're an ugly one Iggy.

Back to 10bux land with you

Let's plays are a prime example of cuck culture in the west. People are not even fucking their sluts but also let other people play their video games for them.

Certain board that invites people from reddit and allows them shit up other boards freely as long as they agree with their political opinions.

user, Let's Plays ARE Youtube. Youtube has been shit ever since the e-celeb fad started and short meme videos almost died off. That's why you see so many TV hybrid shit like Youtube Red or YT for Smart TVs.

the cringe.

Here's your (you)

I only watch let's plays of obscure DOS games I'm too lazy to figure out myself or stupidly punishing adventure games like the early Sierra ones. What I've learned from watching let's plays and browsing youtube is that the more the person has subscribers, the more cancer you should expect from the let's play. Just my 2 shekels.

If I could feel better any other way don't you think I'd choose to?

Youtube has pretty much been a disgusting zombie since the whole G+ bullshit. But fuck it just keeps getting worse. And the comments section are even worse than a hundred tumblrs or reddits combined.

No matter how low the board sunk, people never liked the idea of e-celebs outside of the mongoloids that roll around during summer.

Who is more pathetic, the hipster fags who think that they are special for not watching e-celeb crap or the people who consume it and try to justify it with "muh virtual frooendz"? You decide.

There's still a few entertaining channels out there. Terry is a genuine crazy person and his videos are entertaining to watch.

His third birthday one was painful, but to be fair the material didn't help any

The important thing to remember is they're not Burch.

Oh fuck how time has flown to the worst time of the year for the internet. This summer is undoubtedly going to be the worst since this is the first summer under the memed US government. Extra politics, extra sjws, extra frog memes, extra shilling, extra shitposting, extra gay faggotry, extra 4chan fags and redditards crossposting and other kinds of unbearable shits ruining everything beyond recognition. Fuck, shit will either be so chaotic it'll be funny or so moronic it'll be painful.

Fucking faggotry
How do i fix up this little fag?

Shit, this was all bait. OP you filthy firecracker poster.

Like shooting fish in a barrel.

In b4 "I-I knew it was bait all along h-haha"

Not to mention Kek is only comming back in september.

A little gas does wonders. Or just show him pics of really ugly fat neckbeards and tell him that's what his heroes really look like.

Oney is great, fuck yourself op

A little less cringy than "(1) and done", but your meme can still use some work.

I'LL STEAL IT! NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW!

you know what is next
act now, and do it fast

Gas is it then

I remember when you faggots used to say the same thing about Egoraptor and your precious grumps.

the case with egofagtor is that he fell for the 3dpd ayy lmao

We are reaching levels of autism that should not be possible.

(truth-checked)

I think Let's Plays are generally retarded, but I love learning languages, and one thing that really helped me out learning German was watching Let's Plays for games that I've already played, which let me connect the way the player talks about the game with situations I'm already familiar with. It really helped my fluency.
I imagine it would work for other languages, like Japanese. It's a good next step to playing the games in the language you're learning, because it helps you verbalize and contextualize phrases and actual speech patterns.

To add to some actual discussion, "Let's Plays" are useful if they can add actual good insight and knowledge, such as developer commentaries, especially this fantastic Conker's Bad Fur Day Director's Commentary. I'd recommend that everybody watch it.

He was always shit though and his animations were never that great or aged well and because of him we have countless animators who try to mimic his shitty style
Instant 1 mil views with that trash.

i want markiplier to choke me out and be my daddy tbh

what an awful thought.

Holla Forums has been compromised!

A shame they have no real future as their past faggotry clearly showed.

yeah but that baritone voice makes me fuckin soaked tbh
who cares if hes a manlet just beat me up and speak in that erotic smooth as butter voice

that nigger couldn't even throw a punch, faggot
if you want to be choked real good put your neck on a railway

Glad you enjoyed all my live screencapping, user. I can't wait for next week.

I'm studying German too, but don't know where to listen to it fluently.
Do you have any youtube channel in mind?

hhhh
stop thats my fetish

What a horrible thought.

The only good thing about let's gays is that it hurts some meme games where faggots will watch some shitty eceleb play it and not buy it themselves.
Like when the dragon cancer devs complained that nobody wanted to pay for their interactive storytelling experience when they could get the same for free on youtube.

German LPs are the worst LPs you can find on the net. They may not come off as retarded and bad to non-native speakers but let me assure you, they are.

Germans are the least intelligent (if benign) creatures on the Internet.

t. a German

My teenage sister watches him. I think I might know why now.

Thanks again for the nice shots my dude.

few of them are making videogames, some are making shows but knowing television they won't give a chance and/or the contract owns their "ip" they have created.
It's a real shame, they do have some fleeting amount of talent.

What would you do if you had a tiny OP

nice ID by the way
truly remarkable
it wasn't enough to exploit his son but he also demand people pay him for it

yellow fever, sleeveless shirts and butter voice goes a long way

Those are the developers of Conker's Bad Fur Day, you retard. That's why I put "Let's Play" in quotes, because it's actually a director's commentary by the people who made the game.
Sorry if you were joking, I honestly can't tell who is retarded here and who isn't anymore.

I don't remember any off the top of my head. Been a while since I was studying it, but it should be fairly easy to find something up your alley.

Right, but I'll take good candid speech wherever I can get it. Most German podcasts and shit are either retardedly overproduced and sound like a TV show anyway or heavily political and no fun.

I'll be more careful not to get the stream logo and shit in my caps next time.

I know this shit is shit bait because the episode just came out today yet you have comments from months ago. Also it's shitheads from newgrounds. Of course they're gonna be edgy 12 year olds.

I bet this turns you on, doesn't it gayboy?

There is RocketBeans who used to be something called GameOne
very popular show about video games on german tv until it was cancelled
they moved their show from twitch to exclusively youtube
but unfortunately they went full retard along with it
really a fucking shame

fuckyeah
why do you want to turn me on though
does it turn you on to turn someone else on from across the internet?

wew good catch; looks like Holla Forums's full of easily duped retards.

I remember finding RocketBeans. I opened a video at random, saw this shit, and closed it immediately.

I know I didn't give it a shot, but looking at this shit, how could it possibly not be cancer?

Looking at this image set off my autism detector and this thing hasn't failed me once. You made a smart move.

You have to watch their old shit, before they added a shitheap of retarded employees who give not a single shit about video games

especially the main 4 who were the hosts of gameone who started rocketbeans

I notice that predator laptop, I recall it can cost up to 10? no wait 20 Thousand dollars (20,000 USD? maybe even more)

I'll give their old videos a shot. Maybe there will be something worth my time since my expectations are already so low.

Fuck it with a toothpick till it bleeds? Fuck if I know. That was a stupid question anyhow.

Try something before 2016, I'll see if I can pick out some video for you.

How long until vidya companies take down lets plays then?

Does it have all the memories of Hitler? Is it a clone or a perfect copy? :^)

Because it's fun

you want me to send you my cummed in undies after i done?

I think its safe to say that youtube's community is worse than tumblr's at this point.

Their images show up in the feed probably, even if you don't like the content creator. Should have used the channel blocker plug-in.

No, just post the after pictures.

yes

No wait, get a cord, choke yourself out and record yourself cumming to it, then post it here.

Do they ever talk about Star Wars?

Only some of these are made up.

You fuckfence, we're all from Holla Forums. Did you think there was a difference?

They do, they have a format for movies.

DUDE

The kid didn't die?

Almost every youtube autist and everyone online talks about Disney's Star Shit for easy popularity points.

He died but they made a whole lot of money out of him first.

Look at the date of the comments and then look at the upload date of the video, Todd.

Except you're not my bro.

I greatly enjoy Game Grumps and watch a weeks worth of episodes when I visit my friends

How come fucking no one liked watching people play video games in the past yet now it's a popular thing where people make money off it?

oneyplays is low-effort shekel farming from a lazy hack and his buddies whose humor is nothing but being moderately edgy and doing funny voices and no amount of REDDIT, GOON or HALFCHAN (you)s will make me stop watching it because it's organic and entertaining

because nobody watches for the actual game anymore
look at camwhores, their chats are plenty full but not one gives a shit what the half naked, busty whore is playing

The comments are still pretty autistic though.

youtube.com/watch?v=T9gEfV79lGE

I won't embed this shit. Anyway, most of them are still just commenting about how much they wanna fuck the gay one-eyed mexican furry and how wonderfully diverse Oney's team is. Seriously, every vid's comments section is nothing but fans drooling over the gay furry because he's a fucking gay furry.

LPs will never die because Normalfags actually like purchasing games (I know its fucking nuts, right?) And most normalfags tend to use Let's Plays as a way of seeing what a game is like before buying them

You shills have no fucking shame.

That's harsh nigga.

So I guess I can call you a shill for retards?

because it's their to fill the void of a friend that these social media kids don't know how to friend.
It's a socially acceptable way to have a replacement virtual friend
makes me sick to be honest.
It will never die. Everything will only get worse.

Except they don't buy them because normalfags pirate everything now as long as its easy or cheap enough for them to understand. Unless they're console peasants in which case they only buy 1 or 2 games a year like the filthy low-class subhumans that they are.

I hate this kind of people.

Same. It's like Bro Team.

You could call him that and it'd be true, but loving GameGrumps already makes you infinitely more retarded than the retard you're replying to.

That's just how the cookie crumbles my not-bro.

oneyplays is equal to golden age arin/jon GG for random shitty games, and better when it's a game they actually give a shit about and discuss

are you falling for the memes or b8ing for oney fanboys
I'll bite and say the one-eyed/furry/diaper shit are running gags where something disgusting/ridiculous is made up on the spot about julian by the other two and the comments pretend it's true. It's 100% true he's a flaming faggot, but there's no sensitivity about it (gay/mexican jokes are more commonplace because of it, often from Julian himself).

high-effort Brote can qualify as poetry too bad that's about once a year

That's a really fucking retarded conjecture to make considering how much the average PC game sells and the everlasting popularity of DRMshit like Steam. Part of the justification of piracy is the fact it does nothing to actually impact the sales of games, retard.

Doesnt brote usually play alone and just makes up the extra voice?

Isn't that the whole point? Otherwise you would just play the game. Or watch a walk through if you want to see if the game is good? Then you get the added bonus of not having to hear some retard talk about shit you don't care about.

Except Arin was always scum while Jon was the only real thing keeping that shitshow afloat and interesting. He was only there to make Ego look less awful. FFS the ugly fuck shat himself during a video.

The comments are clearly meant to be tongue in cheek. Yeah, they aren't funny but you have to be autistic to take them seriously, which you probably are.

True. His Batman VR was pretty great.
I don't think he's doing fine these days, he has started a semi-ironic series of Minecraft on his youtube channel

I don't know much about him but I think he used to make streams with a bunch of people who were trying way too much to be funny. He's better now. I can't stand the commie wizard who is often his guest on the wizard streams

variety streamers/LPers who are actually into video games get shit for views
those interested in the game actually watch longplays instead

now ecelebs are watched for their commentary for whatever reason
probably because normalfags have no opinions of their own and have to repeat after more "popular" people

then there's of course faggots like in the dark souls community who love to go around and just tell everyone how to play the game the "right" way

oh god that… that is not how facial hair works Arin

I think that anti-Let's Play crowd has gone the way of the anti-furry crowd and Chris Chan's stalkers

Actually some of them are autistically serious, the GaymerDude in the OP's pic is actually from their Polar Express video. He's a pretty autistic indian fag who always bitches about how oppressed he is and how noninclusive media is and he always talked about wanting to fuck gay youtube e-celebs.

But I do like watching videos of people playing virtual entertainment, just not lets plays.

It makes money, so it will literally never end. Kikes have completely destroyed all semblance of culture or value in the West.

You let this happen.

Dratz! Foiled again.

But pewdiepie is based as fuck tho

Wait, that's what this crap is? They don't even fully cover the games they're playing.

I saw through your keikaku a mile away faggot. Now because of you, these shits now probably have more subscribers. Fuck you OP.

I've always avoided those streams and just watched some of the highlights on his youtube channel. I'm pretty sure a lot of the vidya streams he does are just alone and he makes the deep voice ironically.

Hey, I didn't say it was a team effort. The channel was good for a short span of time due to Jon's charm, then Arin became an even bigger kike, relations broke down and Arin&sycophants have managed to feast on the corpse for years since. At least Jon got a boost in popularity from it. Too bad everything he's made since is overproduced missed-the-mark dogshit.

The trash game series are their worst, and not worth watching. Look at one of the Crash or Banjo eps where they actually care about playing the game for a better example.

I believe I've won here Aku-kun and once again have proven that Holla Forums is full of fucking autistic youtube and reddit retards. And I even got a few quick bucks from that fag Oney for subtly shilling his shit channel.

All according to keikaku.

That and Yooka Layle and lamestream media news has effectively ruined his career and social life.

I watch a bit of let's plays. FrankieOnPC isn't annoying or retarded and is pretty good at games. As for why I'm not playing his games myself, I no longer buy Western games so I only watch other people play them.

But I hate LPs whenever I'm trying to find a walkthrough or gameplay footage and every video is "HEY WHAT'S UP GUYS GENERIC GAMER GUY HERE BRINGING YOU ANOTHER VIDEO."

We want the reddit audience

t. Cuckwheels

That's why.

It didn't even, really. He got a small surge of subscribers from the publicity/anti-SJW appeal and his sub gain/view rates remain consistent and healthy.
The only bridges he's really burnt are any opportunities to sell out to kikes, but unless you wanted a Jontron version of vid related, that's no loss.

How close to suicide do you think he was upon realizing what he had just said and done?

not very close considering he calls himself markipoo at times

Didn't some of his sponsors drop him or something? He also hasn't made a video in months.

I thought let's plays were slowly dying and streaming was gonna be the next big thing?

Let's Plays are based. Increases publicity of good games. Gibbets bad games for all to see. I don't really watch them, but I approve.

That argument only goes so far when let's plays also very easily harm sales. There's one effect or the other that will happen: massive sales increase or less sales than predicted/desired. There will probably be more sales if it's some terrible meme game that the lper enjoys for a total of thirty minutes, but if it's a serious game with effort put into crafting it, less sales.

I think that's only really valid in the case of games where something other than the gameplay is the main draw. If something looks fun to play, people are going to want to play it for themselves.

I subbed to him because he doesn't give a fuck and idgaf either, pewds ftw fuck you ;)

LPs are just podcasts for retards and children. The best LP just comes off as a poor podcast.

This is why you are a slave

I guarantee you some retards on this site subbed to him because "he's so redpilled!" :^)

nice id dubs

Ever since I saw that man's face, I have known he is a pedophile. Also, his daughter looks like a little alien lol.

That pic is the story of my life right there.

Reminder Marida gets saved in SRW V and lives happily ever after with Puru and Puru 2

he is pig food get with the times

low effort time wasting. the TV population has finally grown fed up with ads taking up 50% of the screen time and they've switched to youtube. they are too lazy to put effort into choosing their own ways to fill the gaps of time they use for escapism. instead of simply pirating their preferred movies, series or video games of choice, they are actually too lazy to think about what to do. some are simply so busy throughout the day they can't be bothered to care about how they spend the rest of it as long as it's escapism and the others are just really that lazy. let me repeat myself here, this is the TV audience we're talking about. they like instant content. they open up youtube and it gives them videos to watch. let's plays are easy enough to make for them to be available and new all the time so people flock to them. it's basically instant new content and those that make it have fun since all they do is play video games. the guy you posted used to make cool animations. now he found out he could make the same money by just running fraps during his free time. honestly, as long as it's killing TV i'm fine with it. i'll be the first to agree that it's retarded but why care? idiots will throw their money away for idiotic reasons. it's pointless to try and change them. if nothing else, this brings with it positive or if not that, then at least entertaining consequences.

Friendly reminder, Oney uses Oneyplays to keep ad revenue going while he's animating because tom fulp fucked over everyone.

So demo would kill the LP star?

What did Tom do this time?

he's doing more than animating im not even sure about that but he's doing music for spazkid's videogame which he's working with other people like tom fulp

Oney is funny tho.

I agree with you OP, I don't understand why'd you want to see someone play a game instead of playing it yourself, especially when there's retarded commentary to go with it.
I understand if you can't run a game because of your specs but in that case you should just wait a few years instead of ruining the entire experience.

i watch let's plays to fall asleep because i have terrible nightmares unless i sleep with some kind of background noise
there's an ausfag user with a monotonous voice who does playthroughs of weebshit that are pretty decent

Fuck you guys I LIKE Robbaz.

what skullator? or some autist that played modded dook nookem

You may want to see an exorcist. Also, why don't you just listen to music?

The only let's plays I can tolerate are the ones that have the same format as Oney, where one guy is just playing the game and the other people watching him are the ones that provide commentary. At that point it's more of a podcast than it is a let's play.

It's basically a dream job, not hard to understand why. Don't you want to get paid the ridiculous literal six seven digital salaries for the bullshit they do instead of slaving away to Mr. Shekelsteinbergchild? Of course you do.

What I don't understand is why people would watch this crap, not why they would do it. I'm not cucked enough to watch another man play vidya games for me but this generation is full of degenerates who like watching this along with porn where another dude that isn't (you) fucks a girl. They pay to watch shit like this, literal cucks. I don't get it at all.

Also gonna shill >>>/nofap/ here. Let me tell you boys, they are the motherfucking LIGHT.

that faggot needs to stop playing video games and start making more leo and statan or hellbenders

fucking fag

They are working on Hellbenders.

Most of them are annoying and the twitch shit sound or anything else is cancer, however you can always find some people particularly good, autistic or that go really in depth of a game and those are usually the one I watch.

music or a loud fan used to work but it doesn't anymore

pls post some good ones

I've been watching the same LPer daily for ten years and I ain't gonna stop now.

Christ almighty, am I the only one around here that still remembers the Freelance Astronauts and the Crew?

I'm still subbed to them. Their OoT Master Quest run was comfy as fuck.

LIST OF OBJECTIVELY GOOD YOUTUBR VIDYA CHANNELS:
OneyPlays
BroTeam Pill
Lyle McDouchebag

I think Zach mentioned on Schmucks that they finished their end of Hellbenders and that it was out of their control

What that means, though, I don't know. Maybe a studio is doing the inbetweens an colouring shit in? The Hellbenders episode leaked a month ago and it was still mostly keyframes.

If you like Orb Meat you might like Robbaz.

No

Most informative lets plays I've seen are good, video and text. But they are a few gems in the rough. Some autist needs to have poured a good degree of his time into the game and if he's passionate he can really go into a lot of depth. Listening to some of these guys you can really tell the dedication they have. There are a couple of lets plays where the mechanics behind a game have been more entertaining for me to learn about than playing the game itself. Unfortunately these are usually done by forgettable nobodies who only do videos on one or two games.

Most of it is social white noise though, like if you leave the TV on when the dog is home.
Blind lets plays by "personalities" are almost universally garbage. It's unfortunate that lets plays are the ultimate youtube ad fodder. When youtube allowed videos longer than 10 minutes, it also encouraged a looser format. I think it's probably for the worst because many videos are encouraged to be less rehearsed now.

If you look at shit like something sensitive, you'd realize that they fucking love anime.

It really is simple honestly. You're watching the LP for the personality of the person. Otherwise you'de be playing the game.

Also
Not really an LP so much as him divulging a bunch of trivia. Which is great.

Pretty sure that Platinumgames channel had this entire thing but it's gone apparently. This is probably just as good. The channel has a playlist for it. I would recomend somebody who has fucktons of storage save these videos for history's sake.

Never. Kids eat that shit up because they're too inept to play games themselves, and they need to hear a wacky faggot eceleb commentate over them. Let's plays can also be decent for seeing what a game is like before deciding to get it.

School's out for summer.