How did Japan games end up with better plots than Western games?

Really how? West has what, Cuck Effect?

dues ex

Downhill after the first one.

I bet that you think that Nier Automato has good writing

That's like saying the newspaper has a good plot.

The Japanese just want to make a good product, not make political statements while contributing to the destruction of society.

They always did

Pretty much this.

If you want to understand the root cause of cultural decay, examine the Weimar Republic.

it's just because of nier?

The west started copying hollywood

but it does

yes and?

10/10

They do make better games in general though. It's just the natural result of a culture that sees no problem with treating it's workers like slaves and literally working people to death.

NEET shitpost general

I would say so, Yes. Add to it the recent release of Andromess and the fact that most shitposters here actually don't play that many videogames and you get a bunch of easily amused retards who believe that serviceable enough gameplay, fanservice and 4th wall breaking by japanese devs is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

11/10

Japanese people literally work themselves to death all the time.

Japs were retarded before we freed them

We had essentially this same thread ~2 days ago. Also weebshit has reliably terrible plots and clichéd characters but somewhat original settings, not wall-to-wall great writing.

makes sense, but i have to say that the japanese makes games whit good gameplay and mechanics

Also i think that the japanese tend to make plots that appeals to passion like a soap opera or a very dramatic play while westerns games tend to appeal more on world bulding (see Arcanum whit it's anthropological explanation for fantasy races and geopolitical history) and also existentialism, memoriable western plots appeal more to intelectual curiosity and japanese plots appeal more to passion and emotion (i am only talking about the present). And also there are the slavs who go full existentialism

Ten years ago I would have argued that western games generally had better writing. Now you have a choice between bland anime shit from Japan, and Western games that make you feel a mixture of suicidal and genocidal. I know what I choose.

Because they're fucking lazy assholes that's why. The Czech's can't make games for shit but at least they try and the end product is so much more rewarding. All the US cares about is PR and it has fuck all to do with experience. So yes, that is why and you have answered your own question.

Holy shit guys, i've never been on Holla Forums ever and came across this thread by chance as advertised on the homepage. I had no idea you guys were this red-pilled! fucking A! You have opened me up to a new dimension. Don't really play much because i'm swamped with work but any Arma fags or gayZ players? Your posts have literally made my weekend and changed my entire mindset. I had absolutely no fucking idea. Always heard about the whole GG saga on Holla Forums but never took to it and yet, here I am visting Holla Forums for the fourth time ever and I see this shit! You boys are alright. What a lovely surprise.

* posted on Holla Forums ever

Calm down, Holla Forums. Go make some le spooky man memes or something.

It's the Michael Bay effect.

Less plot, more graphics and explosions. You see it everywhere. Movies, books and video games. Old stories, movies, and games are starting to become more real and arguably better than the modern ones. While modern ones has a spastic "plot". It'll come around because quality will overcome once it's in demand enough, but not anytime soon.

Also whenever there's feminist in anything, expect it to be bad. It never fails. They focus on shoehorning their beliefs than doing their actual job.

Wasn't being sarcastic. You take me for a battlefield niggerlover but I was genuinely happy to find this thread. I'm out of my depth, sure. But a lefty? Not mentally retarded.

But if anything people are less concerned with visuals now than they ever were. Quirky stylised indie games are more popular than ever, and downright ugly shit like Minecraft manages to be incredibly popular. Meanwhile, narrative is getting pushed more and more as a selling point, and people are seriously asking questions like "does a game even have to be a game"?

Whoa, nice double trips! Having that said, a good plot/story is not essential to a good game. The way of narrating that story is more important. If it primarily uses interactive parts of the game to reveal itself it's far better than merely displaying that through cutscenes, static dialogue or reading walls of text. A movie would have "show, don't tell", a game has "make you play through it, do't show". "Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth" was pretty good at that.

The simplest answer is that Japan still reads books, and so they have a variety of inspiration. The only people who still read regularly in the west are 60+ years old, so everyone in the game industry just copies whatever they saw in a movie or another, better game.

Yeah, sure, "let's kill a god with our power of friendship" is a great plot.

When the alternative is "let's kill the patriarchy with the power of diversity" I'll take it.

The alternative is not playing new shit.

You talk like a fag and you're shit's all retarded.

this really sounds like a /pol psyop shill

Everything about Japan now gets reduced to some lazy cobbled together stereotype like this, and it's almost always based on second or third hand information.

Yeah, sure.

How is that webm meant to disprove what I said?

Where is your alternate explanation for that webm? The thing with stereotypes is that they are often correct.

The thing with stereotypes about Japan is that they're never correct.

Still better than We Wuz Euros N Shieet.

West games have dindus in it.

Name a Japan game plot as bad as Biocuck's.

Some anime does have some political or social satements in it, like Evangelion.

As someone who translates hentai games for a side job I will tell you that most Japanese games have really shitty plots, it's not something exclusive to Western games.

It's garbage, get fucked.
What is Pathologic? Shitty localization but still one of the best plots written in any game.

Sure thing
is probably wrong too, right?

pick one

You're talking about Chinjs.

No, talking about japs.

Yay West.

What about this very general stereotype about the Japanese: xenophobic little people with a big inferiority complex toward the west? And I don't judge xenophobic as something bad in the first place.