What games are simulations that allow me to set some things...

What games are simulations that allow me to set some things, sit back and do nothing while I watch things unfold changing some parameters from time to time if I want to experiment?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/627620/Intelligent_Design_An_Evolutionary_Sandbox/
minmaxia.com/c2/
juicybeast.itch.io/right-click-to-necromance
ndemiccreations.com/en/25-plague-inc-evolved
boxcar2d.com/index.html
rednuht.org/genetic_cars_2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I would hesitate to call that a game

Creatures and Creatures 2 if you get them working (might need a VM)

Impossible machine.

Gridworld lets you change environment parameters.

Carnage Heart
Dwarf Fortress

Mount and Blade pretty much has simulation as a world.
Poor one that represents AI lords they came up with but still. Any medieval simulation would require much more that what M&B made.

Still enough to make game fun.

Nier Automata.

Gridworld is gay and homosex

t. AP Java student

Dwarf Fortress is great, but it's not really the thing I'm looking for. You have to go into the world to observe it close up, I would prefer something that let's me observe things from a "God's" perspective.

only if you're really really good. And only in older versions.

Most Telltale games.

you are not supposed to get the same result every time on a simulator user

Telltale gives you:
or
or
I see a lot of variation in the outcome.

Sim Earth

Didn't mean to quote

Paradox Grand strategy games when you open the console and enter 'observe', though how much you can set depends entirely on the game and DLC.

Mario Retardy is a classic.

Roller Coaster Tycoon can be pretty autonomous once you've set everything up.

What's the last game?

Distant Worlds Universe. And this isn't a joke. It is exactly what you want op. Its the most automatic 4x game in existence.

or the most manual 4x depending on how you set the entire game.

The only thing YOU should sit back in is an electric chair.

What? You mean for how it runs? Yeah, it's pretty janky.

Evolved virtual creatures

I am studying population genetics and programming.I always want the chance to make a good ecology/evolution game where the player sits back and changes the environment.

store.steampowered.com/app/627620/Intelligent_Design_An_Evolutionary_Sandbox/
Literally just released on steam a few minutes ago
I don't know if it's good though.

Artificial Academy 2. At some point you stop wanting to fuck everything and just make conflicting personalities in your school, ramp up the time speed and watch how things develop and who tries to murder who, cheat on who, etc.

Dwarf Fortress :^)

How many times do you think they savescummed to get humans to this point?

More like "How many times do you think they savescummed to keep humans from fucking up their universe?"

If I shoot and kill myself, I will just wake up in bed tomorrow since we are already living in hell.

Maybe The Sims, maybe Rimworld to an extent, you only really need to plan your base and set zones then they'll handle things like that, then you have to worry about combat but you can build automated defenses and set them pawns to auto retaliate.

Any tower base defense game. Any idle game like minmaxia.com/c2/

also good for a minute
juicybeast.itch.io/right-click-to-necromance

oh lawd is that sum biogenesis

BLUE IS OP AS FUCK

I miss Mario Retardy streams.

maybe these too
ndemiccreations.com/en/25-plague-inc-evolved
and defcon

Reminds me of
boxcar2d.com/index.html
rednuht.org/genetic_cars_2/

How often do you think they savescum to keep pannenkoek from half-pressing his way out of the universe?

JRPGs?

Any idle "games"?

I just realized Roller Coaster Tycoon (or other tycoon games) might be perfect for that, though you'd have to reach a certain point in the game before you can just let it sit and run itself.

Space Engine

Y'say that, but rides degrade over time, even with maintenance, and need to be replaced eventually.

Yea, so OP would just end up with a broken park after a certain period of time. He said he wanted to sit back and watch things unfold, not watch things go perfectly well indefinitely.

9:55. Sage for double post.

I sank thousands of hours into Creatures and you will too if you 1. like getting a detailed look at what you end up with after time passes (genetics) and 2. like having a lot of options for setup.
Also, Darwin Pond is basically Biogenesis 1.0.

Additionally, all the Creatures games are on GoG. Exodus (DS is 3 with additions and a better UI) has less shitty genetics than the ones user suggested and the creatures are far less likely to go extinct.