KotOR II TSL

Jedi Guardian or Sentinel?
What kind of lightsaber?
Light of dark side? grey ?
How did you play and why anons?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.com/boards/920601-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-ii-the-sith-lords/66156957
deadlystream.com/forum/topic/2506-request-restore-the-hssiss-glitch-to-korriban/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump
also best waifu?

Grey is the worst thing you could do for many reasons.

Guardian is pointless, always start as Sentinel and class into whatever at 15. Or if you are ballsy, go Consular.

Either way, Dex is worthless, and so either build a massive fucking juiced up roidmonkey who, all thing combined, has a strength of 34-40 before force and stims, or go no dex/no strength and fully optimise into force powers, which means Consular, and 16/16 Cha and Wis.

Me personally, thanks to how useful(read:op) Int and the skills were this time around, I always did a Character with 14 minimum Int, usually 16.

Skill priorities are

1. Persuade
2/3.Life/Medic/Fuckitbeen a while
3/2. Repair.

Be right back

I went Sentinel, much more balance till you get your lightsaber, mine was silver, tried to challenge myself and tried to be a logical minded Jedi, which usually gives Lightside points.

Also, Handmaiden is so cute when she's flustered.

Shit game? Shit game.

Persuade because it is literally THE most relevant skill in the game, Treat Injury because Healing is obviously important, but Repair is complicated.

See, in KOTOR 1, only Treat Injury and Persuade meant a damn, but with the crafting system, Repair also gives you bonus bits upon breaking stuff down and, heres the catch.

Only the PC matters AT ALL for using Repair to break bits down. Its weird. Everyone else can be puppeted to make stuffs.

Also, for optimizing a Roid Monkey with a Hyper Stronk Wackem Stick, Zeison Sha/Jal Shey will be required for using armor items that boost strength….unless you use Force Powers with Armor mods….

Otherwise, going Consular, there are robes which are better.

What kind of lightsaber is the best?
Single with dueling?
Two lightsabers?
Or dual hilted?

Also, and this is fucked up, but the balancing is off so that if you ignore the Korriban Special Cave(only available for very light/very dark players)Bug, then you will shitwreck the end game extremely easily. But if you use it, then guess what? The enemies are beefed up enough to pose a vague sort of threat to you.

Vaguely. Properly built…or even improperly but competently built, you should still crush most adversaries.

Telos is consistently the hardest part of the game battle wise, at least the Mercenaries are.

Everything else though? Have fun bruh.

Then ask yourself why'd you play a game with no ending or coherent story.

Either two blades if you're looking for buffs (maximum crystal fuckery) or double-staff if you're into jumpin, forcespeedin and watching the damage numbers fly.

You need at least 10 Dex bruh.

Either go 1 and use the dueling feat, or Double Bladed.

Two single Lights are only worth it for Consulars, Sith Lords and Jedi Masters and only if you can get certain crystals.

And the extra hits dont always work….not that they need to, since a suped up Lightsaber plus a Jedi that can crush a Semi Diesel Engine Block without the force means bad things.

You mean miss? God no. Even if you (improve) flurry you'll hit at least 80% with a decent (so, at least +5 unmodified) attribute bonus. Now add crafted gear, greater focus, implants or buffs and stances in the equation

I've been trying to play this on the PC a few times in the last three years, every time I'm ecountered by the bug that freezes you in place somewhere after a battle. I've tried all possible fixes for it, some work but then another freeze comes up and is irreparable. I'd really like to play the game with the Fixed Content added but it seems the game doesn't want me to do that.

F4 then F5, quicksave quickload

Consular, almost always Consular, irregardless of Light or Dark Side.

Like I said, I've tried every trick in the book. There will always come a point when nothing works. Then I'd load and try to go another route to avoid that fight which triggered it, only to get frozen in the next. Usually always happens most in Mandalore's planet.

What screen are you playing on? I had some really weird problems on a TV screen and I think it's because it had a strange refresh frequency.
With the right tweaks to avoid crashing it worked fine on my 60hz lcd monitor.

Well that sucks.

There will be no jumping as a sentinel
But having 2 lightsabers for maximum crystal fuckery sounds tempting af

Enabling V-sync also helps btw

I know this feel, I've gotten to the final planet where they crashland and encountered a game stopping bug where no matter what I do, I can't use any abilities or interact with the UI in any way. It's fucked.

One of the things I always liked about D&D style games like this was how you could make a broken character like this.

Becoming a demi-god sounds fun
Cutting like a claymore through butter
double-bladed or two lightsabers?

Sounds like a good time, I just like being the mage in KOTOR. Being able to choke the life out of an entire room with the wave of my hand is too enticing.

The end of Kotor II was the perfect setup to make the series a trilogy. I'm still mad it didn't happen.

Consular. Force Wizardry makes killing anything that's not a boss easy.

I appreciated how easy it was to spam that power even as 100% light side. It made the room after room of mook filler at the end less tedious.

I haven't played this in a while, what does persuade do again?
Shouldn't it just be for dialogue?

speaking of, how about that cut content patch, anons? anyone want to speak to that? i figured i should install that before playing.

Guardian, then onto Marauder or Lord (or their lightside versions).

A green one, or silver. One lightsaber, I like the a e s t h e t i c of a single, solo-bladed lightsaber.

Usually dark. Never done grey before. I should try it.

With a smile. I liked Star Wars. I really liked Star Wars. Shame Disney killed it.

Persuade lets you win the conversation. It can stop a fight from happening. It can get you more credits. It can save you from doing tedious quests. It should be as important to you as your main combat stat.

I've seen this game memed fairly hard over time. But I was too addicted to MMOs at the time it was out. How is KotOR2 and should I bother with 1?

1 is okeish
It's kinda cartoonish but it can give you some good feels
it has bioware shit writting tho
cant be compared to obsidians kotor 2

i remember playing kotor 1 when i was really young and enjoyed it

is TOR MMO even playable?

KotOR 1 and 2 are legit fantastic games, but the combat is real time dice roll based so your damage and chance to hit is based on your stat points which turns some people off, but if you're okay with it they're absolutely something you should play.

KotOR1 is a near identical structure to Mass Effect 1 but with a more cohesive combat and exploration system, bogged down by a New Hope story ripoff that's saved by some fairly clever changes.

KotOR2 is a flat improvement to everything with a story exploring the idea that viewing everything as black/white lightside/darkside is bullshit, that the universe is gray and you need to consider your actions at a deeper level than most games would ask. Make sure you insall the Restoration mod, it's an Obsidian Game so it's better in every way but got screwed during development so you need the mod for the 95% complete experience.

cheers, i'll give 2 a go.

Combat system is actually fun for me, I dont know why but watching my char do spins and flips is very enjoyable.

Same for for DIV:OS combat system, many think that turn based combat is boring, but me and my mate cooping through DIV OS and cheering everytime I landed a succesfull hit or a crit that dealt 2k damage was just amazing.

I really liked the grey perspective, especially the beggar thing on nar shadda is a very nice point of view to charity and gibs me dat.

Dual-wield pistols. The whole "construct shit to upgrade your gear" thing meant that you could make some pretty strong guns. Nowhere near as good as a lightsaber, but unless you're cranking the difficulty up two good pistols is really all you need for most of the game.

1 provides a shit ton of context to the dialogue that Kreia gives you in 2, and she is straight up one of the most well written video game characters ever made. Play the first one, it's a bit dumbed down but it was from before Bioware went full retard so it's still fun.

Two sabers have lower damage since one has to be a "short" to avoid the offhand penalty.

Kotor 1 is a complete, OK game. K2 is a unholy mess of cut content and ambiguous writing that rarely pans out and heavily depends on knowing the plot of K1.

Alright anons, by the power of this thread, I have decided to reinstall kotor2 and replay it with with the restored content mod but should I install the extra planet as well?

Consular, on the hardest difficulty.

the HK factory thing?

The droid planet, no, it's pretty bad.

Ok, just wanted to get a reply before starting a new game, thanks user. A lot of people on moddb were calling it garbage too.

If you've never played the droid planet do it at least once, but be warned it's entirely fan made.

Don't do it.

Laptop, and I'll say once more that I've tried every singel trick and fix I've found scouring the webs during the years. I've completed the game once on Xbox so it's not a complete loss, but it's restored content I'm after. Maybe I'll try again tonight just in case.

I guess it's an Obsidian tradition to make sequels in shitty engines. One reason why I never got to play this game is how much I hated first game's engine

not really. i poked that particular piece of roadkill recently, so i'll give you the rundown.
you can play any of the original class stories for free (up to 50, I think).
The game has been 'rebalanced' in the following ways:
hope that helps. if you have any curiousity at all about TORtanic, just watch the class story of your choice on youtube. playing the actual game is the same thing only you're two-shotting mobs that are the lowest level you could get xp from, from 10-50

But the original were in shit engines too.

To be fair, the original game had better colour design.
I'm not sure what else to call it.

The single most vivid thing about KOTOR2 that I remember is that everything looked washed-out and uninspired.
Yes, the engine was the same and I'm sure they reused plenty of assets but it all still looked very bland.
Play the first game for a bit then switch and you'll see what I mean.

Never again.

It's hard to contend with that underwater world and Kashyyyk of KOTOR1 when half your locations are either grey/red sith ruins, grey urban locations or dark grey caves. It's a case of a story literally making the game, even with unfinished content.

I would always play Consular and then save lvl ups after 15 so I could spec into a prestige class ASAP (Sith Lord/Jedi Master generally)

INT > CON > CHA > STR > WIS > DEX

usually would get double-bladed saber with stun crystals or use a long saber with naga sadow offhand

it was DnD3.5 with fewer skills and a bunch of Star Wars crap; the d20 system was intuitive to me.

SWTOR was wonky but I liked it
spending too much fucking time on Taris or whatever the first planet was pretty much unacceptable on replays especially when you know everyone except Calo Nord is going to die
good midgame but sometimes awkward running around for everything
endgame was fulfilling but only if you leveled persuade properly so you got to the good stuff

To be fair, that is basically what they intended the Jedi to be doing by avoiding war prior to 1, but everything about that bit of writing was fucked. Its hard to argue that inaction is better when the Mandalorians are acting like Huns.

the game sounds pointless
your gear is meaningless
why even play that game
whats the purpose of it

Quest-wise and world-wise KOTOR1 was much better. I enjoyed the planets and everything that came with them. The feud with neighbours and the murder mystery on Dantoiine remain as strong points in my memories.

KOTOR2 is mostly for the plot and characters, exhausting tons of dialogue with every character until you have to move on and get another batch of new dialogues, basically.

Don't forget edgy parodies of almost every kotor character, lightside story that makes zero sense, darkside story that makes you renounce power ie that makes no sense or how every villain is too deep for you misunderstood.

Don't forget the plot TWISSSSTTT

I really hate the fact that "normal" characters like Atton and Carth had to be included in KOTOR games, they're so fucking bland and boring compared to the rest of the crew and side characters.

Which one? I managed to remember several and ended up with a migraine in the process. When the jigsaw man starts crying? The one when Atris or Baodur go slashfic? Maybe the one when Kreia goes lol no and kills all remaining Jedi masters like nothing?**

But Atton is a legitimate sociopath.

You only find out about how he killed all his friends or some shit way later, he was that retarded card game man for way longer and that's how I remembered him.

For a reason.

"deep story-driven mmo experience" that you could supposedly play without anyone else

yeah_agreed.mp4

fuck everything about the ending of KOTOR2

Atton had a good backstory

It also had some diversity bullshit, if I remember well.
When you get to that planet from the Mandalorian moon you are pretty much forced to choose between 'muh infallible queen' who wants to join the Kikepublic and 'muh nadzi rayciss' who joins with the Sith because he doesn't want to open his borders and destroy his planet's culture, but instantly betrays the Sith if you decide to offer him your support because he never liked them in the first place.

Please no.

Maybe if you're retarded. Onderon was a rich planet critical in sustaining the Republic, the conflict was about the Royalty that was loyal to the Republic and the separatist faction that wanted to free themselves of the Republic to prosper without shackles. The underlying conflict was the Jedi Master, who was hiding under the queen's skirts, attempting to draw out the new Sith and the new Sith attempting to exterminate the Jedi, they supported the separatist faction only because they went against the queen and by taking control of the palace they could kill the Jedi.

To be fair Canderous was always something of a dick.

He hunted and then broke jedi thru implied rape and mental torture for a living, culminating in his family and his gf. He also happens to be the only character that stands up to the hag.

Like I said, I don't remember it well.
I totally forgot about (Kavar?) the master that was hidden there for years.
I guess that played a part in things as well.

Jesus Christ, I didn't know about all that. I knew about him killing Jedi, but holy moly

The whole pazaak thing he has going on is a method to put up mental barriers to keep jedi out of his mind and to conceal his thoughts in order to perform stealth kills on jedi.

Yeah, I remember that, but the rape thing and killing his family and gf is not something I recall.

I played through it with the Restored Content Mod installed and was pretty surprised. But not in the good way, while the game itself feels much more polished the ending is still completely unfinished garbage and leaves a lot to be desired.

There is no implied rape and I do not remember anything about his family or girlfriend

I am pretty sure you are making shit up

The family was a test to join the elite sith hunter cadre unit thing and he didn't really give a shit about it. The "gf" was a jedi lady he ended up killing even as she worried more about his fate if he continued killing/doing this line of work or something.

Too bad he doesn't develop further but he's got more to him than war = bad and wookie edgelord.

How's your memory being shit my problem?

I checked, there is no mention of his family or girlfriend anywhere in the game.
You are just making shit up

Now that you mention it, I do remember him talking about the jedi lady, but I still don't remember him raping her. I have a memory of a goldfish, though, so you're probably right.

that's what I had heard – they restored the cut content, but some of it, well, still wasn't fleshed out

I only played with the cut content, were the assassination missions part of that? I remember being super disappointed with the end of that quest chain.

The female jedi was a subject he tortured nearly to death but revealed that he too was force sensitive.

He says he killed her out of love, but there was no relationship at all.

Good job.

He is not his girlfriend, nor is his family ever mentioned in the game you stupid fuckwit

The sob story about his training chat he gives you after Kreia mops the floor with him? Irrelevant, right? Last (You), you're getting from me.

Take that bait and shove it up your ass.

please stop fighting : (

underwater world was comfy as fuck. one of the few reasons the first was better than kotor2

No, I mean extra hits not showing up period. Specifically, the extra hits using force powers.

But as far as dual wielding, or double wieoding, Weaponsmasters and Marauders can nearly eliminate the penalties.

You dont need Consular for that. Sentinel is good enough. Hell, when combined with skills/crafting, its fucking overpowered. Guardian is the real hard run for experts.

Because Security skill matters if you want things instead of rubble.

Pc version has that Swoop Racing bug.

Use the Korriban Secret Cave Bug to get your character up to the mid late 40s. Its beefs the enemies up to something decent.

Fuuuuuck no, Atton was anything bu that. He's legitimately the only person in that game that unnerves me.

Everything he says and does is carefully constructed to ensure he's overlooked.

You can use two Mandalorian Heavy Repeaters if you use the right mod…

Carth may have been a funkilling faggot, whose greatest accomplishment was getting Kaidan killed every time in Mass Effect, without fail.

But Atton wasnt normal. Not even close.

And the Swoop Races were replayable.

Yes, Onderon, the planet that would still be under the Mandalorian boot(not a bad thing but) if it werent for the Jedi and the Republic. Id love to see how their culture would have survived then.

Oh wait it wouldnt, because Onderon is implied to be a one city world.

So you want to be the most badass lightsaber-slinger in the galaxy? This is what you have to do.

Start out as a Sentinel with at least 14 INT for tons of skill points, grab all the class skills you don't have as feats, get the life and mana regen feats, use two lightsabers, mod them with parts you built using your massive repair skills, max your name crystal and use it, stuff the other crystal slots full of stat bonus crystals to boost STR, DEX, WIS and CHA, get Battle Precognition, get the Circlet of Saresh, use Jal Shey/Zeison Sha armor or the Ossus Keeper Robe with a Mark V strengthening or biorestorative underlay that you made yourself, work yourself up to at least 18 base CON for D-package cybernetics, pick Watchman for your prestige class and get light side mastery for a free +6 CON, get Speed/Armor/Valor, Heal, Wave and Stasis Field for that Watchman stun damage bonus, grab whatever other powers you like, and invest in a lot of stims and life support packs.

If you did all that, congratulations! You are now powerful enough to smash entire armies, take more damage than an AT-AT and get Disney's bastardizations declared non-canon.

I wish

sheeeiiittt

disgusting

Nah, Sion just couldn't be killed. He needed to hit harder to be more dangerous. Although how the fuck he survived Peragus….maybe he resurrected on Korriban.

Try the build and find out for yourself what it can do. Take all the Toughness and Conditioning feats if you really want to go over-the-top with the tankiness. Most people take Toughness anyway, but you'll have so much health otherwise you won't really miss it. It wouldn't hurt if you went for more combat feats instead.

I designed it mostly for extreme durability, but more than that, it's a build that follows Kreia's teachings in that it doesn't rely on direct Force usage very much at all. Your main strengths are your items and passive abilities, and your skills can bypass many combat situations which otherwise might mean resorting to the Force, even in the form of passive powers. By the end, you'll have more health than Darth Sion and you'll be able to kill him in a couple of turns when buffed up with Enlightenment, since he's not immune to being stunned. You can get above 600 life without using any of the infinite XP glitches, and with a Mk.V biorestorative underlay it'll regenerate so fast you'll hardly notice it was ever gone. Any Jedi using a build like this could thoroughly wreck the affirmative action hires of TFA, and they'd be utilizing the advice of an actually developed female character in the process.

This isn't a general Star Wars thread, but post Ahsoka anyway.

…back in the day, i replayed through this game…like…fuck a few dozens of times, and then when I got a labtop i pirated it it and did it again.

Ive played the fuck out of it man. I onow how hard a full chunky man can hit and tank. Ir regularly got my character to 40 strength and hp above 1000 when I played starting as Sentinel endijg as not force user.

…i miss my xbox. My 360 and my labtop. Ive fucked my life up. Oh well.

by that logic why play the game when you know you're going to win?

iS THIS even question no
OF COURSH

YOU CAN'T PLAY IT WITHOUT THE RESTORATION MOD YOU STUPID NIGGERS

Somebody's been drinking Corellian ale. I hope you used a clean glass.

What glass?

I've never play an Star Wars RPG, should I skip to Sith Lords because the dialogue for 1 seems cheesy

Sith Lords is the least cheesy of the two. Darth Sion is a little edgy at times, but he's still well written and has his reasons for it. It's like this:
Pick which experience you want, they both do their setting well enough.

Enjoy the Ham and Cheese.

I miss it.

I made a couple of small mods for KotoR2 a few years back - first one made it so that everyone could get the wrist-mounted rockets feat (and craft a wrist launcher), and another one made it so you could craft a lot of different items at the crafting table. Made the game super unbalanced so maxing your skills by having enough INT let you make the most ridiculous gear. You ended up being obscenely overpowered just by virtue of having gear with maxed out components.

It's kind of worthwhile at least reading a plot summary of the first game, but honestly it's super cheesy for most of the game and reeks of bioware cookie-cutter rpg shit. TSL is without a doubt much more interesting and worth playing, but you miss some interesting context without playing the first game.

I'll play both and see for myself since they seem very distinct in regards to the plot judging from what I've read else where, if I can handle the 4th wall dialogue in Omrikon I guess the first can't be any worse.

And Seinfeld is unfunny.

So it's the same as the base game, then.

No. Not even close.

For example. Lightsbaer.

In Kotor one, you had

1-Color Crystal. For pretty

2-Stat boosting Crystals. For raw power, the best were either Krayt Dragon Pearls, or else some of the last Crystals would be on the Rakatan world.

That was it.

In Kotor II, they added three other dmg boosting items, each eventually more powerful than most crystals you would get. In fact, just the, lemme see if i remember this, Battery, Lense and…nope but a third, just those? Built right? Would be beefier than Kotor I with the best gems.

But what really got the boost was blasters. Swords were beefy in I just thanks to being stronk, but blasters were shit. It didnt stay that way.

And you could beef everything…look.

In Kotor, only a few select armors, blasters and swords could be upgraded at all, and upgrade material was rare.

In Koto II, most every weapon could be upgraded, and you could manufacture your own parts for extra beefy ness. It got insane.

And unlike the first game, you didnt have to save up levels to get the most force powers and force. You were a Jedi right away, which eased things up exponentially.

And Sith Assassin was stupidly powerful, Watchman a shit.

You want Consular -> Weapon Master/Marauder. Sentinel is okay but Consular is the best base class overall, especially because if you level correctly you'll get a crazy Wisdom bonus to your force powers, and you can also add that bonus to other saving throws if you get the right feats.

Don't go Sith Lord/Jedi Master, they have the worst stat progression out of all the prestige classes.

Its like you want him to die on Telos and stay die on Telos.

If you can't get off Telos just because you're playing Consular, you're probably retarded

Jedi Consular because I thought I would actually experience a more difficult gameplay, I was wrong.

I always liked vibroblades, they were shit initially but could be a decent weapon if upgraded correctly (not that hard), it was also funny to beat a sith master with a pointy stick.

Light side because Visas.

Your progression is horribly unoptimized. Guardian a shit, Sentinel means you can do everything, Consular is only there to go into Master/Sith Lord.

Enjoy dying in two hits while I facetank anti-vehicle guns.

Only if you're looking to use lots of Force powers. Any other play style would be better served by picking one of the others.

Master and Sith Lord have the worst stat progression out of all player classes. The best prestige classes are Marauder and Weapons Master because of their improved stat progression, superior two weapon fighting/superior lightsaber feats, and Ignore Pain.

Consular class also gets the Force Focus tree which increases the difficulty of saving throws vs. their Force powers.

If you are hurting for skills, you can always spend feats to gain class skills.

I meant the best overall. A properly leveled consular character is going to eat everything for breakfast, even on the hardest difficulties.

But are there any "anti-vehicle guns"? The first game had that krayt dragon that would fuck you up if you weren't prepared and the same goes for gladiators if you went skill heavy but I honestly can't remember a difficult fight in K2.

Lol

LAWL.

Although I once did a Guardian/Assassin run. Holy shit was that Overpowered as shit.

Sentinels are neither that much weaker than Guardians, nor that much less powerful than Consulars. Its Easy Mode the Class.

And a correctly built Guardian/Assassin is Murder Mode.

None of that shit matters. At all. It is despicably easy peasy to shitwreck entire armies with Force Powers. And a properly built Sith Lord/Jedi Master never runs out, does bonus damage, and never has that damaged reduced.

What about Mira on Nar Shaddaa?

I don't think there are, actually. The turrets in the game are mostly anti-personnel. Just a figure of speech. Maybe a modder should add some. The closest thing would probably be the Ebon Hawk's turrets and the anti-aircraft gun during the Onderon raid, which never get used on you. Some of the strongest mines might theoretically be able to damage vehicles, and they're definitely tankable.

Telos and the Mercenaries can be a bit hard. After that, GOTOs flagship before you break the main character loose can be difficult depending on who you brought with you. But only on Hard.

If there was another KotOR or Jedi Academy game, what lightsaber variants, styles, Force powers, guns and gadgets would you guys put in? I don't think you'd have to worry about your idea getting stolen, because anything that might actually require normalfags to think about how to use it would never get put in an EA game.

Daily reminder the only valid kotor 2 experience is jesus christ mc

Well, the series is technically Jedi Knight or Dark Forces, but Academy had so much more customization than the previous games.

I used a female twilek duel wielding Mandalorian Repeaters who was Consular/Sith Lord.

Eat me.

Fuck, I had forgotten about that nigger in purple armour. That hidden sith base on Dxun can be quite challenging if you somehow pick the wrong party.

When you fight her or when you fight as her?

You might have took that a little too literal.

Yeah, but any where you get your character?

As her, trying to fight your way out in the arena or whatever that was, now that I think of it, if Nar Shaddaa isn't your first stop maybe it's not much of a problem.

Especially if you try an intelligent run.

Again, Telos on hard. Copious use of Heavy Armor, Shields, Grenades and Minefields. Those Mercs did not fuck around.

Neither does that scream spell from what I remember. Although I could be misremembering and you only get it later

The only two things I remember about her is that her rockets are broken and that you don't get to vigorously and aggressively headpat her.

god will eat you for your sins

> you don't get to vigorously and aggressively headpat her.
Ah yes, now I remember why she used to be frustrating at times.

Lightsaber + short lightsaber wield style from KOTOR. Sexy as fuck.

Not a bad idea, but I was thinking more of stuff that hasn't been in a SW game before.

Alright. Using a saber and a blaster at the same time. Kyle really should have been able to do that.

While wearing camouflage Mandalorian Armor.

…what? Misquote or you didnt type a few things.

I think that might actually work better with projectile weapons. You could use the recoil from a slugthrower as a movement aid. Blasters have much less recoil. Depending on your belief about what blaster bolts consist of, they could even conceivably have none.

It does AoE sonic damage (as in ignores most DR) and has a dc16(iirc) reflex save roll vs stun.

Movement aid? That's what explosives are for.
11:40

Yeah I wasnt engaging with that.

Force Scream is fun, but I still prefer Thunderstorms and Telekinetic Explosions to fuck everything up.

Force wave did the trick almost everywhere, I think, although I always felt like a gay jedi afterwards for using such a cheap power, force crush was the shit though.

Have you considered not going lightsaber?
Using those pistols that can stun with the right upgrades and sneak attack can be pretty fun.

pic related

Do it if you want extra experience and break the game even further.

It's not worth it. The droid planet is so fucking boring.

i shot things, because its what you do in jedi knight/outcast.

My favorite playthrough was as an unarmed skill-focused Consular/Watchman. Listened to Kreia a lot and told the sanctimonious Jedi Masters to kiss my ass when they bitched about me saving the republic from the mandalorians. Still ended up lightsided.

Always loved that music.

This game had some great atmospheric tracks.

And George Lucas killed it because it made him all butthurt.

I had a huge fucking crush on her when I first played the game.

Started yet another KOTOR 2 playthrough (probably around the sixth run), and for the first time I went Sentinel since it was so highly recommended. I always thought it'd just be a sort of jack of all trades, master of none class, but no, it's essentially a Guardian trading slower feat progression (which is fine, since you very quickly reach the point where run out of good feats) for a fuckpile of skill points. Having the PC able to tackle every single skill check is an interesting change of pace, and I'm still shredding everything as far as combat goes.

Going to do KOTOR again after this. Any recommendations for interesting builds on that one? Like 2, I've only done light/dark guardian and consular.

I've never played with blasters only, could be interesting.

Uhh… Go for handmaiden. She has eyes.

She also has the literal genes of betrayal. Both waifus would end badly, ironically Mira has the best long term potential.

It really is a shame, since it explores the nature of the force deeper than any other Star Wars story. And yet it's ambiguous enough to let you draw your own conclusions. Not that it really matters now, since nobody knows what's canon anymore anyways.

It's not in the right place dumbass.

I had forgotten about her. It's a shame you have to light side to get her, and you can't have the wookie companion if you do get her into your party.

Yes. Of Mines were more powerful itd be crazy.

As is, the Exile as a Sentinel can and should fuck absolutely everything up, to thenpoint that Pergus is hilarious and a walk through. But it stays relevant…hre and there.

Security is supremely useful, Repair is more necessary than treat injury, Demolitions can be useful, Computer Use was a devastating, specialized tool, Stealth turned hard levels into lulz levels of easy.

Awareness was still useless though.

Counselor/Watchman with duel pistols. I like counselor because it boosts your save DCs to stupid levels and wisdom becomes the best stat because of that martial arts training. I'd stun shit then sneak attack from range most of the time. It got kind of boring after a while but the story was boss. I ended up going full light side, I think my initial reasoning was build based but I always have fun being good to the point to where I'm kind of a giant dork.

Awareness gives you more dialogue options. But so does pretty much every other skill except stealth, now that I think about it.

Dual-wielding Gyardian/Sith Equivalent
Dark Side
Master Flurry all-day everyday

Game is shit easy when you can just kill everything with one click.

Here you both are criticizing kotor 2 because of Onderon without realizing Onderon is the part that feels most like kotor 1. Dumb fucks.

This. Atton is much more inteligent than he lets on. So much that he had the old hag fooled.

if your a retard… Everything that was stated under George/Lucasfilm pre-2012 vs whatever Disney says is in there canon.

They keep bringing up the lore from the old EU, though. Sometimes it's the same, other times it's slightly different. They even brought back Malachor as a Sith world that was devastated by a superweapon during an ancient battle.

I have a feeling that somewhere in the depths of Disney's dungeons, there's a team of a thousand gender studies graduates combing through pre-Disney Star Wars lore, filtering out all of the "problematic" content so it can be gradually phased back into canon

Why downgrade. No eyes are best eyes.

I was going to point out how Phillipa actually has eyes but I'm too startled by your unbelievable faggotry.
I know you have no class, but have you no fucking shame?

Haha.

What a faggo you are.

I don't remember exactly what I chose, just that only shitfucks of shadow dragons and morrowind lootbags could make my Xbrick fall to its knees (was unpleasantly disappointed when 360 came out and took just as damned long to load ES3).

But basically, if you want to be amused by life choices and other being's idiocy, you end up going dark. Because they can get to the ground faster that way.

Do you want to be a lazy wizard?Dump everything into INT. Force Lightning/Forcewave.

Do you want to smash faces? Dump into STR. Force jump into everyone's face with a 2H saber.

Plain lazy? AGI dump, go blaster pistols pew pew.

Just want to be a flashy faggot? Don't stack your stats, and go double 1H saber.

I ended up making choices based on how annoying people were. I bumped off the twi'lek, and my husband had played through twice before he watched me play for the first time, and never realized you could kill her (this becomes a common theme in later games, because I believe if a person dies, they become a permanent unproblem). Someone stab me in the back? Fuck them. Do a guy a good deed, and he turns on you? Under the bus he goes.

Only Canderous, Jolee, HK, and the gizka were my homies. Everyone else is a faggot liar trying to pour their koolaid down your throat.

the ending is the best part of the song

that movie really is cucked

It's a German fucking dub, what the fuck were you expecting? Were you expecting someone with a Sudanese accent to do it? Did the guy have a Sudanese accent in the English dub? Fucking idiot. Fuck you for making me defend anything remotely close to Disney's Trash Wars.

yes you fucking faggot
Its Germany, its filled with Sudanese people who could fucking do it
Its a Major fucking film, they could have chosen from hundreds of potential Sudanese voice actors but instead chose the most German one they could find
Reeks of incompetence

AMERICA IS FILLED WITH SUDANESE TOO BUT A SUDENPOODAN DIDN'T GET THE ROLE IN THAT SO WHY WOULD ONE IN THE GERMAN DUB YOU FUCKING SPASTIC A DUB IS JUST A TRANSLATION AND THE CHARACTERS ARE ALL SUPPOSE TO HAVE ROUGHLY THE SAME ACCENT IN THE ORIGINAL SO WHY CHANGE IT FOR THE DUBBING OF IT YOU CUMDUMPSTER IT'S A DUB NOT A LOCALIZATION FUCK YOU YOUR MOM IS FILLED WITH SUDANESE YOU NIGGERBREED

==BECAUSE YOU MASSIVE FAGGOT SUDENPOODAN ISNT AS ATTRACTIVE AS THE FUCKING APE THEY CHOSE
FUCK OFF, THEIR ACCENTS WERE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, THE NIGGER GUY'S VOICE WAS EXTREMELY GHETTO SO THEY SHOULD'VE CHOSE A GHETTO GWERMAN TO DO IT
ALSO IF THIS MOVIE WASN'T SO FUCKING TRIPLE A I WOULDN'T BE BOTHERED ABOUT THE DUB, BUT IT WAS AND AS SUCH DESERVES FAITHFUL DUBBING YOU COCK MONGOLOID FAGGOT

WELL IF THAT FUCKING NIGGER IS SO ATTRACTIVE TO YOU FUCK OFF AN MARRY HIM BUT FIRST MAKE SURE YOU MOVE TO A STATE WHERE THEY ALLOW YOU TO MARRY YOUR OWN FUCKING FATHER YOU NIGGERBRED RETARD AND I'LL HAVE TO DEFER TO YOU ON YOUR EXPERTISE ON GHETTO ACCENT GIVEN THAT YOUR ARE A CHIMPO SO YOU ARE PROBABLY ALSO A CHIMP-WHISPERER AND CAN DETECT THE MINUTE DETAILS OF IT BUT IT SOUNDS ALL BLANDLY AMERICAN TO A HUMAN LIKE ME SO FUCK OFF WITH YOUR RETARDED FUCKING EXPECTATION AND YOUR INABILITY TO DO REDTEXT CORRECTLY LIKE THE DUMB FUCKING NIGGER YOU ARE

FUCK ARGUING WITH YOU RETARD LIKE THE SKIN YOU HAVE YOU'RE WRONG AND YOU CAN NEVER BE RIGHT

NIGGER FAGGOT, EVEN I KNOW THATS NOT FUCKING TRUE, HOW ABOUT YOU FUCK OFF TO SUDENCUCK LAND AND FUCK YOUR MONGOLOID MOTHER YOU GIGANTIC FUCKING FAGGOT
YOU ASKED ME WHY SUDENPOODAN WASNT CHOSEN AND I TOLD YOU, YOU TRIPLE NIGGER LOVING SPIC TRASH

I’m feeling like a star
You can’t stop my shine
I’m lovin’ Cloud City
My head’s in the sky

I’m solo, I’m Han Solo
I’m Han Solo
I’m Han Solo, Solo

Nigger.

Two singles gets you much better buffs in the long run. There are crystals which give you like +3wis and shit

How did I not know this was a thing?

Based

Replay value up the ass in this title for sure

Wait, I recognize that bulge

go back to cuckchan mierde

Where do you think we are?

So I finished my Light Side Sentinel playthrough in TSL, had over 600HP by the end, and even on Hard it was a joke after I left Telos (the only thing that fucked me up was trying to kill Kreia before Atton and HK47 would gape my shitter in the temple of trials, since they were sporting 70+ damage rifles and max precise shot). I'm a few hours into my new Dark Consular run on 1, and playing them back to back, it's disgusting how ugly TSL is compared to 1. I could never put my finger on it before, but I realized what was wrong; TSL has no bumpmapping or light maps, so everything just looks dull, flat, and supremely dated, while 1 still looks decent today.

Does anyone know of any mods that add proper bumpmapping and lightmapping to TSL?

I like KOTOR 3: The Jedi Masters

Some ballistic weapons that explode when someone trys to block them with a lightsaber

Just over halfway through kotor now with the Dark Consular on hard, and I've had a couple new revelations. I think it's widely agreed upon that Jolee is by far the best combat NPC for a variety of reasons, but I had always assumed that Juhani was the best secondary, building her as your typical two-weapon guardian, as she can definitely pile on the damage with master force speed and flurry giving her 5 attacks per round. But the AI is terrible at handling melee combat, and needs to be micromanaged constantly. They get hung up on enemies, run back and forth in place, and just generally don't do much.

There's an interesting quirk with the game that is best taken advantage of with ranged combat, which is that when you kill an enemy in a single round, you instantly target the next enemy and attack them, and if you kill them in one round as well, you can chain this, all without having to deal with melee pathing. So I wanted to have a companion using blasters as my secondary to take advantage of this. Unfortunately, Carth, HK, and Canderous do fuck-all damage even with the best weapons. Mission, on the other hand, gets Sneak Attack from being a scoundrel. Sneak Attack provides a massive damage bonus to each attack dealt against an enemy when you come out of stealth. It also provides that same damage bonus to enemies who are CC'd. Be they stunned from Force Whirlwind, Force Stun, Horror, Choke, Destroy Droid, anything. At level 15 with two Mandalorion Heavy Pistols, Mission deals 6-13 per attack for two attacks, plus one with Rapid Shot. So that's 18-39 damage per round. Nothing impressive. But wait, Sneak Attack VIII (level 15) adds an extra 8-48 damage per attack against stunned enemies. So her actual damage is 42-183 damage per round, which is enough to kill most every normal enemy in the game. So Jolee walks into a room and opens with Force Wave, which stuns every enemy, and Mission just drops them all one after the other without having to move, while you're free to do whatever, since they've already got it handled.

tl;dr - Jolee+Mission is by far the strongest NPC combination from a min-max perspective.

Dex does not increase damage or , iirc, chance to crit.

So brute strength is more efficient.

You mean the infinite spawn bug? Idk, its been well known for some time

Korriban Cave bruh. Bump yourself up twenty fuckin glevels

Pretty sure that got patched

Pretty interesting, I must say. Normallly I kept the droid with me.

There's a glitch I found for the droid to level up using, IIRC, Calo Nord's bosses computer. (name?) pic is very related

Must have rolled over or something. All I know is that this fucker didn't get hit a single time after this point, and never missed a shot with his sweet dual pistols. Seeing the stat page was more fun than the gameplay was after the fact, though.

I forget which key I had assigned to "Action", but basically, I could repeatedly select, say, the second menu option in the terminal, then the 3rd one, which granted +1 Dex, and then I needed to Esc, Enter, and Action Key back into the terminal. And repeat.

So I got a rhythm of hitting the keys in sequence pretty well down, like maybe 2 Dex points per second at full speed, and just sat there for like 10 minutes spamming the fuck out of that sequence.

No it didn't. You downloaded the wrong copy bruh.

The Hssiss spawn glitch in the Korriban tombs was patched out: gamefaqs.com/boards/920601-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-ii-the-sith-lords/66156957

There's even an old thread in the TSL forums asking for it to be "restored": deadlystream.com/forum/topic/2506-request-restore-the-hssiss-glitch-to-korriban/

Unless you're referring to a different exploit?

because this is what KotOR2 needs, an even more broken murderbot3000 T3

Yeah, you acquired the wrong copy. Get a different copy, because otherwise, you cant experience the awesome power of level 50 anything.

Yep, playing with TSLRCM, and all of the infinite exp exploits have been patched as far as I know. Honestly I'll take a non-broken TSL (it really is a shitfest unpatched) over some exploits that I'd never end up using in the first place. Enemies already fucking retarded Fortitude levels at ~25 when I'm sitting on a combined 20+ unbuffed WIS/CHA bonus to force power saving throws, on top of the level bonus and consular feats. I can't even imagine how shitty with everything scaled up to ~50.

Show yer tits

I think you mean WIS

Dumping points into INT isn't gonna get you shit except lots of skill points

ftfy

By the way what the fuck is wrong with this Kreia bitch?
Anything I do disappoints her, especially helping people, im full LS and I have Visas full LS too, the handmaiden got so butthurt i choose a blind cunt over her, she wont even talk me.

I like Visas, I hope she wont fuck me over, I just finished nar shaddaa and landed on dantoine and got my personnal crystal.
Lvl 18 sentinel and lvl 1 watchman

There's a lore reason behind why she does what she does, but from a party member standpoint, she's the proto-morrigan that disapproves of nearly every player action, and is only useful up until you clear Telos because Psychic Scream spam is overpowered as fuck early-game, and after that you should drop her. The paltry 7% experience buff she gives doesn't mean dick when you'll end the game around level 30 without it, and maybe 31-32 with it if you bring her at every opportunity.

As you've already done Nar Shaddaa as LS, you've seen that she's definitely evil and is manipulating everyone (including you). As for the blind slut, no, she won't fuck you over, nor will any of your other party members besides Kreia, and you've surely seen that betrayal coming from a mile away.

Do note that similar to KoTOR, the best party member is yet again the Scoundrel. Get Atton to 19 for Sneak Attack X before cross-classing him as a Sentinel (Pick up Master Speed and Deflection, the rest doesn't matter at all). Throw on two good modded blasters (Sith Disruptor < Mandalorian Ripper < Mandalorian Disintegrator) with any Keen scope, Pure Rylith Power Cell and a MK3 Mandalorian Chamber, get him one rank in Rapid Fire, dump the rest into Precise Shot and pick up Two-Weapon Fighting when you can, and Atton can be just as strong as the Exile. The only other party member that can come close to that kind of rape is Hanhaar, but you won't get him as LS, and Hanhaar needs to be micromanaged unlike Atton who will just shit on everything.

Visas is a good girl. Kreia may be a naysayer extraordinaire, but there's a reason she does what she does. At the end of the game, you may find yourself agreeing with it at least a little bit. No matter what you think of her, you should take the time to listen to her.

You just need to quit being a retard.

She is Ayn Rand, but with a brain. And magical fuck you powers.

But why patch it? Fucking why?

No, he doesnt. He is fucking invincible and hits like a Deathstar. The only downside is that once again, the Wookie is a fucking Scout, because somebody was scared of a Soldier Wookie raping everything to death.

Not that Hanharr cares. Nothing can stop him. Nothing.

Because it's a broken mess missing a ton of content and is disgustingly buggy unpatched. A better question is why the fuck would you play it unpatched? If you want to cheat with infinite experience exploits like spawning hssiss and two-shotting them with force storm all day, why not just use KSE and cheat in the experience? You're doing the same fucking thing thing, just in a slower more autistic way.

Which is meaningless when, like all melee characters, if you don't steer him into combat and pick his targets, he's going to stand there and do dick-all before deciding to engage, and often charge up to a target someone else is killing so that it dies before he even gets a hit off, and then tries to go fuck with something else only to have it happen again. Meanwhile ranged characters have already killed everything. Atton slamming out ~20-110 damage five times per round with a 25% chance to crit at range just crushes anything Hanhaar can do. Yes, you can throw an Immortality belt on him and he'll take very little damage as he slowly limps from enemy to enemy that would already be dead if you weren't wasting a party slot on him.

The only issues I had were related to Swoop races.
Nah, fuck that. And fuck every shitty mod that ever required its use

No, not by a longshot. You can barely justify the hssiss spawning by that jedi being recently deceased and able to keep summoning them. If the fuckers were so triggered by a completely optional little glitch, then they could have added in a general exp boost to accelerate leveling.

…what game were you playing? Also, I found using a controller for both of these to be amazingly comfy, speedy and convenient, so much so that it was blazingly faster compared to my pc run throughs with just a keyboard and mouse.

And no, Melee characters, properly built, absolutely shitwreck everything quite literally as fast as they can run to them. And blasters? Get real.

Use Force Storm, commit five second genocide. Done.

Unneeded.
.Completely, because Hanharr can and will just eat it. For breakfast., and with a GNS Strength Enhancer, beefy implant, stronk gauntlets, is killing everything.

The only usual difference is that a ranged character doesnt have to run as far to start killing, but they still have to cover the same difference eventually anyways.

And only a few characters, like Atton, can use blasters in such a manner enemiess to keep up with melee/lightsaber murdermonkeys. And even then, only at the levels were the enemies arent buffed up enough, ak 20-30

Oh and how the fuck are you not pausing the game and manually designating everything to happen anyways for maximum murderage?

As I said, that is literally just a slower, highly autistic way of going about getting experience. Either way you're cheating, by changing a variable, or exploiting one of the hundreds of bugs left in the game in the unpatched version.
If you aren't proficient with a keyboard, I guess, but it's absolutely slower.

Brain problems. With a good party build you never need to pause shit and you'll end every encounter in seconds on Hard just doing your own thing and letting the AI do their own thing.

Its prettier.

Nah, not at all. Turn based rpgs are not shooters bruh

what's the point?

it's literally 1/4th of a story with the same god awful combat as the first one

In seconds? Things that arent true for the win.

Oh wait, no, maybe true except for fights with more than a single enemy. No wait. A whole three of them.

Definitely brain problems.

Yes it is, "bruh".

Absolutely. This seems completely foreign to you because you're pausing combat and micromanaging your shit party (that you denied, and then admitted to literally one post later without any self awareness) with a fucking gamepad like a mongoloid instead of throwing out a single Stasis Field/Insanity/Force Wave and letting your party instantly tear it apart and take advantage of attack chains that cause the attack round to end as soon as the animation finishes when you kill a target, allowing them to chain kill>kill>kill>kill in the timespan of two non-lethal attacks where the round is actually running out the timer.

FUCKING WHY THAT'S THE ONE THING WHERE IT MAKES THE ABSOLUTE MOST SENSE TO APPLY TO FUCK
tfw my incredibly skilled and agile martial arts master can't hit the broad side of a fucking barn with his bare hands unless I roid him the fuck up

Nah, what O said was that it was unnecessary, but that I did it anyways because its….

Ready for it?

Fun.

Also I reminksce about being allowed to bring my xbox intk thenliving room and using the hssiss thing to show off the force powers to everyone on a big screen.

No it isnt.

Stasis Field is shit, Insanity is better.

And again no, only characters with sneak attack can make that happen. Because even with precise shot maxed, melee strongly outdamages blasters. Massively so.

Dexterity also doeznt increase dmg, unless you mod it.

So running a character with a stat of 30 strentgh(i usually end up higher on non sorcerer runs) is just more efficient. Dex is a dump stat.