Play a super soldier in peak physical condition

Why do games do this? Penalties for shooting while fatigued and not being able to shoot while sprinting are perfectly balanced and fine, so there isn't even a mechanical reason for it.

Eternal Darkness is one of the few games that got it right. All the characters had different stamina bars with the fat doctor and firefighter on opposite extremes for length and the "normal" characters could still jog for a few rooms before having to stop.

Saints Row 2 was barely better. Getting infinite sprint is the first thing I do on any playthrough.

cardio kills gains

Makes an already funny game 2x as funny.

Niggers just bulk for show though, everybody knows that.

Because the intended audience for those games thinks being able to run for more than 3 seconds is an unrealistic feat only doable by superhumans.
In all seriousness, devs these days hate letting players go fast for some reason. I have no idea why. Who doesn't like to go fast?

If you make the players slower they think the levels are larger because of the increased travel time.

American nigs have no endurance.

This; in theory it also gives the player times to appreciate all the pointless, empty busywork these devs have put into the environment. God forbid the PC doesn't see 100% of their "content" - that'd be an insult to their investors and stockholders goy- I mean, user! They wouldn't be able to justify their budget!

Vanguard released on Steam the other day.

…thats you if you hit the gym without jogging too.

CJ can eventually look hulked out and sprint for a damn mile. Just takes a while.

If there was one thing undeniably better about Borderlands 2, it was the sprinting.

How so?

The sprinting in Borderlands 2 is unlimited.

So was in 1. Get fucked, Randy.

Then I have no idea what the guy is talking about.

It'd still be the same effect if you could hoof it everywhere and the levels were larger. Fuck off with this Naruto shit.

This is why one of the first things I do is rob a bunch of houses to get infinite sprint.

The Halo games of all things actually sort of avoid this, at least in universe: Your maximum "walk" speed is actually your character running, at around 20 mph, the Halo games just feel slow because unlike most FPS's, they scale the envoriments to be a realistic size and everything is in scale with everything else.

If in the single player campaign, you try to "race" against a marine NPC, you'll notice you outpace them pretty damn quickly and their animation isn't just them gingerly walking.

When Halo Reach added sprinting, that sprinting isn't just you running, since, as mentioned, your walk is already running, it's, in universe, "overiding your power armor's safety limits and litterally potentially tearing your own muscle to run like there's no god damn tomoorow"

gaiges panting

This.

You're implying devs would ever want to put in work to make and balance a bigger level.

Fun fact; I had to explain to a bunch of idiot kids why in MGS 3 you can't run fast, and why the AI is so deaf comparatively to MGS 5, and it basically came down to the fact that the scale of the game is so much more small and focused compared to 5's vast fucking emptiness.

Underrated.

w-wait you could do that ?

I bet you didn't even 100% games, casual

Same for aiming down scope, click once and go. Also its faster. Much faster

Nah, Chief WAS gingerly jogging. But Chief is 7 foot fucking tall.

That's just bodybuilders in general.

It's this annoying aesthetic bulking thing.

What the fuck happened?