Well, after 5 years, the Logitech G5 I bought at a thrift store for 5 dollars finally gave out. I need a new mouse...

Well, after 5 years, the Logitech G5 I bought at a thrift store for 5 dollars finally gave out. I need a new mouse. Any suggestions anons?

The only features I absolutely must have is 2 or more side buttons. Programmable buttons are helpful, but not needed. I'd be willing to go up to 60 bucks, but I'd rather not pay more than 50 if possible.

And don't suggest a Deathadder. That was the mouse I had before this one, and it didn't even last 6 months.

The logitech g502 was really good, though expensive.

pick g502 if you want NON-AMBIDEXTROUS TRASH LAYOUT + USELESS WEIGHTS + GARBAGE DPI SHIFTING + FREE JET NOISE

otherwise pick a zowie mouse

just get a G402. it shares all the same contact points with that MX 518 style of mouse and runs around $30-40 USD. it definitely needs the tape mod, however, as the liftoff distance is ridiculously high.

Just use a shotgun. Pull the trigger while you're at it.

How durable are they? I kill mice in under 6 months these days.

Stop throwing your mice at the wall.

The only thing I throw against the wall is your mother. I haven't found a mouse in the last two years that hasn't died due to something, mostly left-clicking going spastic.

If all your faults and problems is due to the cord fraying so fucking hard at both ends, no need to worry because it's braided, but most mouses have braided cords, so don't worry.

I don't do a lot of yanking around so no idea how I kill mice so fast. I'm not playing Starcraft or cookie clicker shit, either.

My Logitech G400s has lasted me almost four years and should be only $30-$40 or so

It'll get stuck in there, this has happened before back on half/k/.

Buy two new Omron microswitches for $5 and solder them in like I did with my G5.

Trackball all the way, baby.

Steelseries Kinzu v2 has good fundamentals for ~40usd. I bought one in 2013 and it's worked well for me.

it has a high raw output so turning down sensitivity can be helpful, but it is presise and has a braided USB cable

the cons are 1. there is a 4th mouse button that requires a proprietary driver to do anything (mad gay) 2. it is a small mouse, and thus only good if you fingertip grip; this is not a good mouse to use with a palm grip.

hyperhydrosis tier

Just check how it fits to your hand before buying, and don't fall to the marketing tricks. Cordless mice are shit.

Roccat mice with optical sensor are pretty good if you can handle the shape and the feel of the grip surface.

tape mod? liftoff??

The RMB on mine went kaput one time after pressing it a little bit too hard. I liked the shape and the weight though. Right now I'm trying to find another smaller-sized one like it.

how the fuck do you deal with cord drag then? My mouse cord is always dragging or catching on the desk and it really severely limits my range of motion. I don't know what the delay on wireless is now but I almost feel like it would be worth anything.

My mousepad has a clip on the edge which I use to secure the cord and loop it with enough slack for the mouse to reach the whole surface. You could do this with a binder clip, paper clip, or just about anything bendable though. Cordless mice are trash.

Pullout keyboard tray, cord is threaded through a loop in the underside of the desk and fully elevated.

SCREW YOU BUBBLE GUM FAGGOT
i bought the wireless version rat9 from cyborg mad cats in 2012 on release for $150 and im using it ever since, i removed all weights and it works perfectly smooth. the batteries are still fine.
there was an offer on ebay to get the sensei mlg version from ebay for $30, so i did: garbage.
returned to rat9.

i played mostly FPS with this mouse and its a top tier A mouse which has never let me down except if the battery dies in the worst possible time (happens like once every two months).

this mouse is exclusively made for wise people of honor to use it against a bunch of faggots in battle.
get rekt

i downvoted your post

I guess it's properly called the "tape trick"
www.overclock.net/t/1211083/tape-trick-for-lower-liftoff-distance-lod-with-optical-mice
essentially you don't want the mouse tracking when you are repositioning when it's lifted

Logitech G600 because I'm a faggot that has played MMOs for 20 years and can't stop.

This is mine, and the side wheel gets a bunch of use, but they fucked up the mapping so I cannot map middle wheel to it sadly.

My zowie FK didn't last 2 years and their customer support is trash.

Any suggestions for mice with a numpad built into it? I have a Logitech G600 that I bought a year ago, and while it's fine, it just doesn't feel right in my hand. Before this I was using a Redragon Perdition Never buy one of these. While they feel nice, they're terribly constructed. until the left mouse button cracked and broke off. I'm looking for something that will work well for a game like FFXIV which for me requires a bunch of WASD movement in addition to skill usage.