STAR CITIZEN DELAYED INDEFINITELY

WE SCAM CITIZEN NOW

techspot.com/news/69288-crowdfunded-star-citizen-raises-over-148-million-but.html

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/comments
archive.is/XFbhD
robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals
archive.is/HSHof
archive.is/BQ1dG
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

POST YFW YOU DIDN'T FALL FOR THE SCAM YIDIZEN MEME

I don't have any "normal human being" reaction image.

BULLSHIT
It was pie in the sky "you can do ANYTHING" tier empty promises from day one.

what he should have done was just did a freelancer remaster with more planet interaction, like areas to walk around n shiet.

We clickbait now

Aqua deserves rape.

I agree

I'm surprised the kept the pretense running. If I'd had been running the scam I'd have cut and run well before $150 million

We were promised Wing Commander
We were delivered JPGs

I laugh at anyone that threw money at this fucking disaster.

Fucking this. There I was thinking I'd get even more keks but in reality, nothing has actually changed. I guess the funny part now is how many people are misquoting shit or not reading the sources, then thinking themselves superior to the retards who fell for the Kikestarter meme.

kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/comments

I fucking love crowdfunded scams are the best video games

Remember goy, it's not a cult!

We could all sit around here and dump mountains of smug but really, there is no image smug enough for this.
Instead anons, I challenge you to find an example of the greatest Shill Citizen Cringe out there. Something that beats even the furry interview with Slacked Jawed Roberts.

mfw you fell for a clickbait article.

Seeing how his scam platform is attracting high profile projects with 700% over-funding he won't have to worry about Psychonuts any time soon, all he has to do is outsource the game to the cheapest pajeet team of game developers and laugh all the way to the bank

I've never spent a dime on kikestarter bullshit. Anybody who does is a retard

Can confirm. I spent like $30 on MN9. Instantly made me drop 20 IQ points.

Sadly, I still wasn't retarded enough to trick myself into liking the game.

Maybe ignorance for normalfags is bliss

In fairness they have given out release dates for numerous SC-related things but they always never hit them. Apparently the single player mode called Squadron 42 was outsourced and eventually scrapped.

I guarantee you the whole game is outsourced. I wish I could find the old somethingawful kickstarter thread for this where some barely literate BR was showing off his garbage space ship models that he made for the game.

You were already retarded when you looked at the bland work in progress and said "yeah, that looks like it deserves the dollar equivalent of a full game".

that's hilarious, considering they released footage of it not too long ago.

I don't understand how people still think this shit is going to happen. Are people still giving them money? Who the fuck could truly be that retarded when literally everyone around them sees this for the vaporware scam it is?

I backed Shantae for 25 bux
Was worth it

Most of it is probably just money laundering.

You're exactly correct. That's what they have been trying to turn the gaming industry into. Same thing thing with art, and insurance.

Ok that's a good example.

That actually makes the most sense at this point.

I feel bad for those people

Derek Smart for everyone?

test

As someone who spent over $400 on League of Legends (great game btw), Kickstarters are awful

Well sure looks like so

Shall we dance?

yes

I may be a jobless autist with no future ahead of me, but at least I didn't back Star Citizen.

star citizen patch 3.0 might be a bust, but at least we're still on track for heaven's gate cult 2.0

Sure, pick your Dance partner

God dammit Mark do you have to do this every time

More like Derek "Smarter than you"

Stay jealous of his game's success.

So is the first picture satire? I could never tell

imagine being so disconnected from reality that you think giving people money will fulfill your inane fantasies

(You)

I want to fuck Nao Kamiya like the dirty little nerd she is.

FUUCKK FUCK WHY FUCK YOU FUCK
THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE ONLY VIDEO GAME I EVER NEEDED FUCK YOU

can't believe anyone saw any promise in that ugly, greasy looking mess.

Did anybody actually bother reading the article? Star Citizen never had a release date. Production hasn't stopped or anything.
It's never coming out regardless but this isn't newsNo bump out of for Mark's illiteracy

Its still being released dudes, Christ is just not promising any more release dates yet because development is still in the early process. He loves you guys, he wants what's best for you. It be done when its done and its going to be fucking great!

How did I get two (you)'s from one reply post o.o

Holy shit. You guys are fucking cancer.

(You)
(You)

go to bed Derek

SHECKEL CITIZEN FOREVER ALWAYS DELAYED

im not proud of myself. i just dont give a hoot

FOREVER NEVER

Have you ever developed a masterpiece of this scope? Minecraft is still being developed to this day yet I don't hear you anime virgin pussies complaining about it.

Hide behind your keyboard you entitled bitch and spew your toxic opinions because you know far you get if you said that in public.

Shit dude, I'll be louder the next time I call Notch a thieving kike faggot. You won't have to wait long because I'm pretty autistic about the subject.

You are never going to get your money back from this meme.

I spent $100 on Star citizen when it was first lauched (thereabouts).

Guess what? A little over a year ago I got it all back.

I might be stupid but I am no worse for it.

hey, why is the name already back to anonymous?

Please do

I know I won't obviously, but I'm going to enjoy every penny I spent. Reading the development blogs fills my heart with joy alone in the meantime.

148 million dollars. 148 million fucking dollars that people could have put into curing cancer. Or actually going to space. The whole situation is funny but I lament the waste of potential.

lay some hot opinions on me on how minecraft isnt fixed through mods

148 MILLION DOLLARYDOOS

STAR CITIZEN DELAYED INDEFINITELY

Jesus his head is shaped like a big toe.

NYEH or the fat lady gets it

You can't really blame them you know. It's been obvious for a long time now that we're never going to space, since the research budget could be spent on welfare and defense instead.

Of course the people who hoped will pay for at least the fantasy.

I await the day that scam citizen is canceled.

We will truly dance and laugh that day, Aren't we?

it's sad, but true. nobody seems willing to spare the funds needed to get us there in reality.

This is the first game that i don't feel sorry at all for wanting it to fail
implying that it was a game instead of glorified concept art, of course

Nah user, Minecraft is dead.

I never said it isn't a good game or that it can't be fixed. I just said that Notch is a thieving kike.

i think he means the next-gen ports.

ftfy.
Some of you fags don't seem to understand software development.

If you're not American, at least you can rejoice that your country doesn't spend trillions on countries that hate them.

Okay Holla Forums.
We need to make our scam so we can buy an island and turn it into our own underwater gamers only paradise.

Ideas?

Infinitely generated Saints Row clone?
Family Friendly, yet CRAZY devil may cry clone?
That stupid kiddie game with the lolis shooting gun fingers at each other?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

If it wasn't for the fact that I loved Wing Commander I to IV (V sucked) as a kid I'd come down harsher on Chris Roberts.

At least that nigger Derek Smart delivered.

Fixed

How about a space-themed sandbox with procedurally generated planets? We can market it as a multiplayer game but just secretly keep it single player, since there's no way two players can find the same spot in a universe that big. We can call it "No Explorer's Galaxy" or something. What does Holla Forums think?

Lol the world generation is so small, there's achievements for mapping all of it.

I'm just here for the memes

$148 million… that's a lot of money. is it really worth it?

AW SHIT

Nice digits.

In the software world, 2 years old is considered stable.

OFF BY ONE

TRIPLE DUBS MISSED

HOW EMBARRASSING

NOW HERE'S A WINNER

I guess if by victorious it means you have successfully scammed everyone harder than Bernie Maddox then yeah, you're right.

I thought only last year Minecraft 1.0 was released.
Why don't we have this thread for Dwarven Fortress?

all me

244085: 6 (5.04%)
b65915: 5 (4.2%)
a3dab9: 4 (3.36%)
81c178: 4 (3.36%)
3f7846: 4 (3.36%)
f4658a: 4 (3.36%)
6257ec: 4 (3.36%)
29ed3e: 3 (2.52%)
1c185e: 3 (2.52%)
bf105b: 3 (2.52%)
24e375: 3 (2.52%)
5cd35e: 3 (2.52%)
715d83: 3 (2.52%)
f3153a: 3 (2.52%)
d5ea92: 3 (2.52%)
b8a8d7: 2 (1.68%)
b019fe: 2 (1.68%)
1db67a: 2 (1.68%)
b4f263: 2 (1.68%)
34eddd: 2 (1.68%)
991490: 2 (1.68%)
64cb68: 2 (1.68%)
e124b4: 2 (1.68%)
0c93d9: 2 (1.68%)
e0e00c: 1 (0.84%)
67ee40: 1 (0.84%)
eee657: 1 (0.84%)
48187d: 1 (0.84%)
41a647: 1 (0.84%)
6d30ff: 1 (0.84%)
c3e4ad: 1 (0.84%)
182d0b: 1 (0.84%)
c1cf1e: 1 (0.84%)
a5351c: 1 (0.84%)
ec413f: 1 (0.84%)
1ffb24: 1 (0.84%)
e890b5: 1 (0.84%)
846714: 1 (0.84%)
8a0ba3: 1 (0.84%)
67779f: 1 (0.84%)
ba231d: 1 (0.84%)
905d2e: 1 (0.84%)
f31385: 1 (0.84%)
c6604d: 1 (0.84%)
81ba86: 1 (0.84%)
a27d08: 1 (0.84%)
1eb8ab: 1 (0.84%)
ef47db: 1 (0.84%)
277fd6: 1 (0.84%)
0b8ca4: 1 (0.84%)
24d62f: 1 (0.84%)
ee040d: 1 (0.84%)
6f4323: 1 (0.84%)
1c944a: 1 (0.84%)
2bf4d8: 1 (0.84%)
12f72f: 1 (0.84%)
c38d56: 1 (0.84%)
05ef11: 1 (0.84%)
5b8460: 1 (0.84%)
4ffd32: 1 (0.84%)
e5f763: 1 (0.84%)
99eda3: 1 (0.84%)
b01819: 1 (0.84%)
91dc42: 1 (0.84%)
7584aa: 1 (0.84%)
6d7d99: 1 (0.84%)
181d55: 1 (0.84%)
f0c83c: 1 (0.84%)
65a0c7: 1 (0.84%)
5c89b8: 1 (0.84%)

Because Dwarf Fortress is a 2 man project and the money they are paid to do it is either about or less than what the average programmer makes?

because 148 million.

Ahh hell yeah.

why are girls in officer hats such a turn on?

I am not gonna lie. I was looking forward to see what it would be like on release when finally finished.

Aww yeah

I dont know much about Dwarf Fort, but that seems to be a freeware game from a garage studio. Star Citizen has huge teams working on it and has 148 million dollars in donations.

Those are some thick dubs Aku.

well thats just true

Nice fake news, OP. So, how's Line of Defense?

This has been the case for ages. They haven't announced deadlines for shit in forever, it's pretty much a given that the release would be "indefinite". I don't think this deserves a sticky. A cancellation/vanishing of the company would be more than worthy, though.

because you want to be spanked

Femdom.

user, i…

fam

Dude ace

archive.is/XFbhD

Why did people get so invested into this anyway? I feel like an alien when shit like this happens.

manchildren with no idea of what to spend their dosh on

Because on one side you have the people who dumped serious money into this and the rabid fans who refuse to hear anything negative contradicting it, then on the other you have the people who want the game to fail so much that they latch on to every little thing that could be negative, and refuse to hear anything contradicting it.

Then you have everyone else who just said "wait it out and we'll see", some of whom backed and others who did not.

Holla Forums tends to be in the camp of the "other" side, with some sprinklings of the middle roaders.

Fuck I really wanna yiff those cats right now!

Nothing happened. Why the fuck is this thread stickied?

There has to be a version of this movie where some mad man just edited every camera angle to be correct.

So people really bought this shit because it had cool pictures of space ships and a guy who'd made a game before?

That webm is perfect

All of the many anons who fell for this, I am laughing at you. You paid thousands of dollars for digital spaceships for a game that will never be released. I hope you've learned your lesson but I know you most likely haven't.

We'll always have those anons who constantly make horrible fucking purchase decisions. And I will always be there to bant and laugh in their stupid fucking faces.

Meh, I paid like 40€ to play with some IRL friends, they wasted way more though.
They keep trying to lure me back in, but fuck that shit.

that article basically reads as "star citizen is a videogame that made a lot of money after the creator didn't expect to make so much money. local retard spent money on the game and says "yeah it's not bad i guess". more at 11". you should be shot for linking to it

Wow you're a huge fag.

if this doesn't end kickscammers I don't know what will.

You say that like 40€ is a lot of money.

Jesus fucking christ spoiler that shit

Why didn't you just tell them to fuck off?

I won't hide the truth user. As much as it hurts

That pic is doubly cancer. What kind of fucking faggot joins an imageboard steam group? It's not at all surpring that the same type of cancer who would do that would buy and play Fo4

Because they hadn't given me bad vidya avice until now

normalfags who only joined this imageboard because it's "cool" or that they're edgy?

You shouldn't rely on other people for video game recommendations. Do you not have a brain? Are you incapable of looking up a product before you buy it?

It's good to remember this when you see the next Overwatch general or your next faggot who thinks that Dark Souls 2 is the best game in the franchise. Knowing your enemy is the best way to counter their retardation.

Yes, but I am not omniscient, sometimes they discover some gems that I didn't know about,
I also have money to waste, so I thought, why the fuck not.

I guess, I mean I'm not an autstic NEET either but I have enough sense to keep imageboard shit on imageboards

You sound like a fag easily influenced by your cunt friends

>not Inspector Gadget
seriously nigger

really nigga?

I want to laugh at this but I just don't trust sties that doesn't provide source on their claims.

Is the name of the character Inspector Digit you fucking double nigger?

user, I get where you're coming from, but in this case there is no reason at all to doubt the reports.

There is no report - the article doesn't present a single new fact that we didn't already know before.

Literally all that article says is that they have now raised $150 million and by the way the project is a clusterfuck.

Given Derek Smart has been saying "dead in months" for years I can't help but be skeptical.
I honestly hope it isn't dead because $100m+ games being able to happen without publishers would be a great thing for the industry as a whole

I cri evrtuime.

I guarantee you that they will miss the 3.0 release window, delay it, and when they do release it they'll have cut off every significant major feature.

It's been dead for a while. No significant progress has been made, the "game" as it is now is just a bunch of Crysis mods and a map with a planet and some moons. This will be Freelancer all over again.

You're preaching to the choir dude. All I'm saying is that there's been no announcement about an indefinite delay. The article is clickbait.

You know, I found that picture on like the 10th page of Google images back in 2005 when I searched "grandpa" because I wrote a story on Holla Forums how my grandpa had a brain aneurysm and my whole family was in the hospital room with him and he was basically brain dead and everyone was crying and my grandma said "Diabeetus" and I thought of the diabeetus image macro that used to be on Holla Forums a lot and I started laughing.

Someone added the text to that picture in that thread. That was 12 fucking years ago.

Jesus fucking Christ.

I'll be a little more specific, I hope it makes more money after "release" assuming that ever happens. This is the first time I have wanted a game to make money even if it's a shit game just because of the long term effects it could have on the industry and it's not like there aren't several financially successful shit games every year.

Well, you're right about that. Sorry for misinterpreting what you were saying.

Oh, it will get released, just not by Roberts. Once the suckers that paid for this get angry enough and the money runs out Roberts will ditch the project and move on, having learned nothing from the experience (and likely willing to try it again in a decade). After that some publisher or investment firm will buy the whole thing when RSI files for bankrupty, cobble together whatever assets were completed in a short development cycle and release this "game" to recoup on their investments.

Basically, it will be Freelancer all over again, only worse since there is no publisher to step in and stop Roberts from going deep, deep down into the hole.

If you had bothered to find out the most basic information about the game, you would have known why not. Ya daft cunt.

(Checked)

It'll never end

The only redflag on Shekel Yidizen in the earlier days was that it was crowdfunded. The feature creep and especially the consistent massive delays only showed years later. Though if he paid 40 shekels, he probably could've found out about those by then.

Why did anyone trust Roberts with their money?

They didn't trust him, the goons just wanted another EVE online in which they could circlejerk all over again.

More? I have a thing for girls in skirts.

There's not enough goons around to swell the budget to 150 million dollars, otherwise Lowtax wouldn't be sleeping on his couch, in a wine and pill induced coma and fucking his tranny babysitter.

Lowtax asks for 10 bucks only, I know of people that spent thousands on this scam.

did he live?

Already happened

it would've been sad but a 4chan pass costs $20

this is why anime is trash

Reminder.

what's the name of this chinese cartoon?

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet

damn… i thought this had more plot. thanks anyways. I'll just re-watch Seikon no Qwaiser or Queen's Blade.

That scene was completely retarded. Were they trying to imply they whore out jailbait or something?

The fact it wasn't harem and the aras didn't get the dick also makes it a turd.

Except the original pitch was "Wing Commander but modern". The only people who wanted a new Freelancer were nostaligiatards who didn't remember what a shitshow Freelancers development was and how it cause Roberts to quit game dev for the first time.

$20 per year, at that

I think most people simply wanted a good space sim with modern graphics. Instead we got the boring grindfest that Elite is and the circus SC turned out to become.

So who is the first to commit suicide over this game?
Mark?

why

Turns out they're filming the "Around the Verse" videos in front of a green screen.

It seems space sims as a genre are doomed.

Star Citizen has killed space sims and will probably kill VR.

NMS helped them. Slightly.

Freudian slip there, eh cultist?

Is it bad that the TIE Fighter devs couldn't get their project off the ground cause the response was "What if this turns out to be another Star Citizen?"

Derek Smart. Duh.

Wait, did that actually happen? Sauce?

Technically speaking, Cube World is still in development!

Need to remember the name of the game first but essentially there was a bunch of kiketube comments about people worrying if the game turned into a Star Citizen with feature creep.

t. rekt backer

So, how are leddit and the forums reacting?
I'm guessing they're spamming that Shiggy quote about delayed games.

This is why furries need to be gassed.

You're a faggot. Nice quads, though.

It's highly profitable and as long scammers can swindle people with nostalgic bait it will keep on going for a long while.

I'm sure it's the same thing as what we are getting in this thread. "Nothing new, it was always indefinite."

They really should have just delivered Neo Wing Commander and then make shooter spin off garbage with their spare shekels from backers and profits from the finished game. Feature creep killed plenty of other Kikestarter games, they should have known better.

its all Chris Robert narcissistic hubris coming out. He's done it many times before and he's doing it again.

(checked)

How many years have people been warning this was a giant scam? I have no pity for the backers.

Was announced back in 2012.

You keep posting these everywhere. I'm onto you, stealth shills. Post more, though. She's a qt.

It was blatant since 2 years by now. I still can't believe that Derek Smart of all people has been proven right over and over again. Derek fucking Smart whose Battle Cruiser 3000 was in theory impossible to make at the time.

:^)

The imperium can't come soon enough

OH SHIT LADS
Whos got that screen cap of that user whos friend dropped over 2k on this game and was touting it as the greatest thing that was ever about to be released?

He's prolly gonna commit sudoku.

faggots that need attention. I'm sure you'd find some host fags and shit like that if you bothered to do some searching.

People were warning that this was going to be a shitshow the second they moved off Kikestarter and set up their own fundraising structure.

Really it should've been clear from the start, Croberts and all the people he hired were all involved in a bunch of bullshit (Digital Anvil/Ascendant Pictures) and he himself had a track record of failure ever since he stopped doing WIng Commander.

Is that the actually song that comes with that gif?

No, I'm pretty sure of that.

d-dance thread?

How the fuck do you even waste that much money
For that much cash they should have been able to deliver on all of their retarded promises and then some

People actually paid for this vaporware?

What the fucking fuck

What the fuck am I reading here?

Some people need a crash course on fucking zen or buddhism or whatever can get their heads out of their rectums.

It's from the leak a while back, where everyonewell, shilltizens lost their minds that some models and levels got leaked.

So, big question: MASS SUICIDES WHEN?

Do you have the screencap of that guy who lost his family after he put 20k of his savings into the game?

t. goon

Bull prepping and cucking belongs on >>>/somethingawful/

Did you read the thread first?

On release day.
never ever.

What. Are these niggers seriously defending CIG over a leak? Suddenly seems more ominous.

Corporacy and idiocracy is very much real, it seems.

I always love how unlimited resources is no substitute for not being a fucking retard. They could have hired half of mensa, nasa, lockheed martin and sigraph and have them develop a custom engine but instead they used an FPS engine that is mostly noteworthy for running like shit and being impossible to work with. Look at the people they hired instead. Is being a 35 year old manchild a pre requisite for working there or something. Maybe it makes chris roberts feel less lonely. What does he do all day anyway. Just wander around mad that microsoft cucked him on freelancer and tried to make it a good game despite his bullshit, and now he's going full autismo to prove something?

look for Drop the KoAkuma on jewtube

A retard with unlimited resources remains a retard.
A genius with unlimited resources is a god.

Looks like I missed it, just found it then.

oh snap nigga blast from the past who else chewed this shit throughout Little League

I don't even know what this is, how could I have payed moneies for it

Doubt.

Meet Grady, a twenty-nine year old shekel citizen.
After coming home from a hard day's work,
he walks in the door of his trailer park home
to find his game indefinately delayed.

Alright calm down, relax, start breathin.

Fuck that shit, you just caught this fag jewing
While you at work he's with your money screwing you?!
FUCK gassing their home, CUT THE JEW'S INTO BEEF STEW!!!

Don't the backers get access to every update either way?
I don't think this matters that much, I doubt this shit would've been in a finished state ever, I supposed everybody was expecting it to be in constantly developed limbo like Minecraft.

3D a shit!

I WANT TO IMPREGNATE PATCHOULI

Holy shit there are actual Ebay listings for E-shit like this?
Fuck me.

Microtransactions have come a long way.

It's a jpeg, you can do fuckall with the ships since there is no game to play them in.

These memes are great and all but it just takes up a fuckton of space and just ruins actual discussion. If I hide all replies then I might miss out on some replies that had actual info.

>minecraft is was ever release-ready

Talk about degeneracy

t. Microsoft™ Employee

hey Tyler

shit, that's actually my real name, how did you know

Must be those damn russians again

we're the same

I lied you stupid fuck :^)

how can you lie when on the internet your words are not even real?

OH BOY, WHO COULD'VE SEEN THIS COMING?

Normalfags, when will they learn

ur gay

I want to contribute too :^(

I lied about lying too

No

It's odd to think that there are likely sociologists and researchers on this site right now perusing various threads doing digital ethnography so to speak. If any of you nerds are on, why do you do it? Don't feel like you can't respond, you're not contaminating anything and we're not monkeys.

The guy is certainly wrong about memes having hypnotic, or psychological, effects on people. It desensitizes people to rather extreme concepts.

how many fucking people fell for this?

you mean this clickbait thread or SC?

sc

not sure if they ever released any numbers

enough to make $148 mil. so that's easily 10k+, even if you were to include the people that have actually spent thousands of dollars on shit.

alternatively, you might be able to get an idea by the amount of users on the rsi forums.

They had a counter of star citizens which last time I looked was around 40,000

robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals
here it is

We hijacked a meme and did not fly it in the twin towers? disappointing

why not the fuckhuge building in Dubai, let's be more original than that

The cube in Mekka

No. We're going to Israel.

Also,

But its fun to watch one assblasted autist fling shit at another autists project.

Also there is no ship and no game.

groovy

The sad part is people are getting excited over a clickbait article that OP linked. There actually hasn't been any confirmation yet on the release being postponed indefinitely. Ya'll niggas are getting excited over a fucking clickbait article that doesn't cite any actual source. Since when did Holla Forums become facebook levels of stupid.

The day when the game is cancelled will be the true time to laugh. For now its just the same old stupid shit we have known all along just with a larger amount of money that they conned out of people.

I think the game might actually come out. It will be a horribly broken piece of shit but they're going to release it anyway just so they can say they technically delivered on the crowdfunding goals.

I mean that is the other possibility as well which will still be hilarious. In any case most of the people on this thread still fell for a facebook tier clickbait article.

Not gonna lie. I'm a petty man. I'd love to see this game crash and burn. The internet will be a saltmine for months.

yes but in which chase will be more hilarious? the broken and release or the never released? in my opinion if the game is never released the fans might have a small hope left

I get hard just thinking of all the furries, goons and other assorted autists that will an hero because all their live savings have gone poof.

I echo this sentiment. It's been a long ride, but it will be worth it to see what comes next.

The pepe market will never recover

How much did you give them user? C'mon, you can tell us.

They asked the community if they wanted to stop funding at 24 million and make the game, or have the funding open and make the game sometime.
As you can guess, the community chose the latter.

This. Come on f38cfe, how much burger-coins did you gave to Chris Roberts?

tell us, no bully

Just that amount and in 2013 is not that bad

if you had a bunch of stuff bought between 2015 and now I would laugh in your face

How much user?

Didn't chris roberts have a serious interview with those degenerates?

Why does this keep happening

For one of two reasons.
1. Star citizen was always a scam, and it usually is when a lot of money is involved.
2. As with other projects that are not backed by money the people on the project very often attempt too much too quickly, and eventually the work becomes so arduous that the project just burns out, or remains in a unfinished state. It happened to HTW, and it will happen with openMW just to give some examples.

HTW?

As long as it doesn't release the cultists can keep living in denial, but if it does and it's a no man's sky dumpster fire levels of shit then we'll really see the salt flow

And no matter how bad the released game is there will be people defending it

No we just saved Pepe from normalfags

I don't think it was always a scam, they never asked for large amounts of money, they simply just got it and Roberts is just a an incompetent retard who obviously doesn't know how to handle money and Smarts sawa golden opportunity when retards gave out huge sums of money. All that cash they got just went over their fucking heads and bam, here we are. It's was simpler for them to milk the retarded than to actually work on a game

Hyrule total war.

that's so autistic it just might work

lol

In the hands of someone that can actually run a project yes.

I'd love that, but I'd also love to see it succeed and be every space-autist's dream.
The chances of the latter case are too small to be measured or calculated by currently existing mathematics, though - a number exactly between 0 and Ø without being either.

Studies of habit formation (the first of which, by B. F. Skinner, gave us the phrase "Skinner box") show that intermittent rewards produce more of the incentivizes behavior, and make it take much longer to break the habit it the reward ceases.

As long as there are any successes at all, Kickstarter will continue to live.

Their combat demo got cobbled into their MMO demo and now they're going to try and pass it off as the final game when they tack a few more things on to it. The game that was promised is already never going to come

When it gets "Released" the internet will crash and die due to salt poisoning. Literally nothing from the original pitch of the game is happening. They even scrapped the co-op campaign.

Woah they actually said they scrapped things?

I knew it was over when they announced they had no idea how they were going to make a free flying space game in cry engine and were going to implement some kind of grid with a ship limit on each area

this always weirded me out since the modding community has endured for so long without source code, i wouldn't think having ti would make much of a difference for anyone who was working on or going to start a project

I have same package, so $60.

Yeah. There wasn't really any discussion here at the time about it cause Mark kept deleting Shill Citizen Threads that mentioned it at the time, but essentially they cancelled their Campaign Co-op
archive.is/HSHof

Sad part is there's been a few reasonable Kekstarters that had realistic goals that got passed over, ignored and burried cause the Shekel Yiddishzen Cult would shit on them. Two that came to mind was that Infinite Battlescape whom the devs actually designed their own engine from ground up for that could co-op with intrasystem warfare at a large scale, with planets rendered 1:1 along with production faciilities, supply chains and you could fly down to the surface. Another was that Space Sim Arena Game made by the former X-Wing vs TIE Fighter devs, though that one to be fair shot themselves in the foot when they didn't show gameplay for their Kekstarter otherwise I wager they'd have done better.

OpenMW is actually a pretty good idea because it allows people to mod it far beyond what is usually possible for a game. In addition since OpenMW is the way it is it is capable of handling far greater amounts of memory than the original can. Both would be incredible things to have, but since the chuckle fucks can't admit when they are wrong, and are making every release for 5 different systems it's buggy as hell.

Forgot to add another sauce for Co-op Campaign being canned
archive.is/BQ1dG

Both of those died? I thought the battlescape guys had some gameplay though?

What was >>12550974 ?

I'm pretty interested in OpenMW because not a lot of games have as satisfying world exploration and interaction as morrowind has and it would be cool to see the games people make with that engine, free from fukn gamebryo that is only used by shovelware korean mmos and bethesda for some reason

Nigga that was nearly 7000 posts ago, thats also very specific.

Bethesda uses gamebryo because they are too lazy to learn any other system.

some garbage spongebob meme, check the archive.

Just looked up Infinity Battlescape and what you know? I was wrong. It actually did get funded but just barely. Seems they want more shekels but doubt they will get any.

Post YFW you didn't back Scam Citizen.
Mod was a complete fucktard and deleted an IP across the board instead of IP by thread.

the "post yfw you didn't get fooled" guy

They've scrapped a few things, actually. Usually because they didn't work right so they had to make something else in its place. And a few things like Co-op.

What sucks is that it's now a meme that the game is shit and a scam. So no matter what quality the game is when it actually comes out it will be impossible to discuss it. Which is a shame because the development really does look like an inefficient hot mess until recently. And a few of the funding practices they're using should honestly be illegal. And probably will be if the game just vaporwares into nothing or releases like numans sky.

But then again I'm expecting actual videogame discussion on a Holla Forums board anywhere in current year minus three.

well it seemed neat, I remember some threads and shit, but then it dropped off the face of the earth. Hope they do alright.

what a fucking moron

How much?

correct.

Well just googled it and found this on Jewtube from 2 months back, guess they aren't completely dead.

what game

what is she flying two ships?

Neet, I just checked it out and the concept seems pretty solid, which is a good sign.

Holee shit user

Splatoon probably

I say let it be. If anything good comes from kickstarter, cool. If people want to waste money on crap, whatever.

Yes.
God help us.

And now the game industry has denuvo, dlc and season passes plus microtransactions in games you have to buy. Next you will tell me it doesnt matter and people are going to be dumb anyway.

was talking about kickstarter only… :(

pretty good comment section at least

Why was a clickbait article stickied?
Oh wait, because Mark is the average Holla Forums anime shitposter, I forgot.

Ironic that the site has gone from gamergate hq to one where the mods push clickbait titles to push an agenda.

SCIDF is out in force I see!

C'mon man, I know the thread title and the article are stupid clickbait that make nk mention whatsoever of the game being delayed indefinitely, but you need to dial down the paranoia.

Having dedicated shitting threads like these from time to time is good fun.

The ME andromeda cycle thread was fucking great

nothing wrong with some shitizen laughs

There are a dozen actual god damn problems with the game and its development to make fun of.

The only reason to create a thread with that flat wrong headline and name the thread something demonstrably false and have it stickied is to push a dank meme.

God that was fun, and shit if that thing didn't have so much gold coming out per minute that you'd never catch up otherwise.

Holla Forums anons need to step it up and not fall for clickbait tier garbage. It is laughably sad that this is what Holla Forums is coming to. Plus you get like who actually think people are trying to push an agenda by simply hating on scam citizen.

Yeah, probably went a little to hard in saying its pushing an agenda.

I really can't contain the ol' tism when people shit on a thing badly when there's so many good points to be made against it.

No agenda, just a retard moderator stickying what he finds interesting (which is fake news with no sources). Stickies ruin the entire purpose of imageboards. The purpose of a IB is fair discussion where all opinions are equal to everyone else but when shitty mods get in power, we get 8/pol/, which bans all non-14/88 discussion and has roughly 7 stickies at any time clearly trying to promote topics the general userbase might not be interested in. Pizzagate threads were stickied forever and they got at most 10 replies a day.
I really don't like Mark.

This place has been mostly reddit for a while but if anything calls for another exodus it's shit like this thread.

I will never not be disappointed that this shit continues to bleed cash while SE has barely pulled 50k in donations.

I've started to go back to 4chan for Holla Forums since 8/pol/ has faggot moderators who sticky 9 threads at most times and bans/anchors libertarian discussion. 4chan might have shitposting and normalfags but at least I won't be banhammered for having the wrong opinions there. The election was a mistake. Holla Forums was a mistake. This entire site is flooded with Nazi LARPers now.

You are going to be more specific with abbreviations user considering "SE" could stand for so fucking much.

Might be hard for you to understand, but there are people who dislike lies/like truth enough to not approve of lies even when the lies are told about something that's shit.

Don't worry, user. It's taking it's damn time, but when it finally comes Derek Smart will become an hero. Pic related, DS when SC comes out.

Top kek son, top kek.

This TBH. A shame as depending on how it plays out I might have snuck a reference to Holla Forums into the game.

Space Engine, it'd be great to see if it could deliver on its potential.

I have literally spent the last 4 years sleeping, using the computer, eating and then sleeping again and even I pass army training.
I have spent so much time sat down all day that my ass is changing it's shape.
AND EVEN I CAN PASS ARMY TRAINING.
It takes some serious, purposeful fuck ups to not be at least skinnyfat.

Is 8/pol/ really that bad? Is that the reason why so many Holla Forums related derails have been happening on Holla Forums and shit?

Holla Forums is pretty shit yes but the derails are Holla Forums which is even more shit

Come on man.

Just stating what ive seen, we have been getting a lot of goons too lately.

Oh fuck off. Stop with this shill boogieman garbage. There are no goons infiltrating this site, goons are a small community that stick to shitting up online games, they have literally no reason to invade Holla Forums because there's no rivalry between the two.
And no, you clearly did imply that Holla Forums retards being just that are instead Holla Forums because Holla Forums can do no wrong.

Sorry man, it's true. Holla Forums and Goons. Shit compounding shit.

t. Goon

for all of the shills itt you're the worst by far and large.

He's cranky because he hasn't gotten to prep the bull this morning.

Well, my opinions are inherently correct, so if you disagree there's gotta be something wrong with you. Shill is usually a good guess.

They can always prostitute themselves.

:^)

Try harder, leftypol faggot.

Nigger you wanna fight or sumthin.

My brother has sank $400+ into this and he constantly talks about wanting to upgrade his ships before he no longer can. I guess when it releases or something you can't get the ships or something? Or it will be more expensive later? Are people really expecting to play this game for years as some kind of hobby sim? Keep in mind my brother also bought into No Man's Meme all the while I warned him to lower his expectations. I dunno, maybe shit like this is targeted at the same kind of people who fall for scams with intentional grammar mistakes so that smarter people see these grammar mistakes as an obvious scam so they don't waste the scammer's time.

It annoys me but at the same time this shit is funny - you all need to realize that this is the tip of the iceberg for projects which make money in shady ways. You realize that there are many mobile games which earn ever million every single day? $148 million is the best a core PC game can get. Meanwhile there are dozens of mobile games doing much better that we know of due to investor information. And then all of the ones we don't know.

Well, prove the image wrong. Obviously he's just a jew/ Holla Forums shill so it should be easy.

behind that post is a volunteer from this very board, capped the post to refute people like you

Holla Forums -> shitposts on Holla Forums -> fails -> goes to Holla Forums for easier prey. Easy.

should have gone the other way around then, you've proven this yourself

Holla Forums -> shitposts on Holla Forums -> gets banned -> goes to Holla Forums for easier prey. Easy.

No, he's fucking right. The same type of posters that shit up threads are the same type of faggots that memespout hwndu/alt right type shit in Holla Forums. They never fucking contribute to Holla Forums threads and all they do is red text one liner trump posting. They're trying to do Austrailian tier shitposting but fail miserably at it. If you frequent /po. you can easily tell which posters actually come from Holla Forums due to their posting style, Holla Forums has attracted a certain type of newfaggotry and you'd have to be some dumb fucking retarded not to notice.

I hope you're happy, you're a shill now

user there's just no pleasing some people on Holla Forums. You will always be called something, be it shill, goon, Holla Forumsyp, Holla Forums, furfag, etc. It's the way things are.

I know, kinda sad really

and you should've stayed there

To be fair, he's probably close to asphyxiation when he's covered in fur breathing in through a kazoo.

Same package here also. The merchant gets us all occasionally.

Just because you reverse it, doesn't mean that it's true. By all means though, keep going.

She is the most beautiful 3D I have ever seen.

Inb4 >she

And just because you make an entirely baseless claim doesn't make it true either faggot. You have no proof that anything you say is how it happens.

That would just make it better you fag

Would you like to post proofs? Because so far I have the word of a mod and you have nothing.

Well, Japan does too.

mein neger

I almost wonder if there was something distracting the team from getting their work done.

Well they're adding a 5 dollar surcharge to all upgrade tokens this Friday in order to maximize their jpeg jewing, or maybe he means how they're taking down the entire ship upgrade system down just before the game enters beta… Course at this rate "beta" could easily not be until 2019 at the rate they're going if ever.

I got to know, how does kikestarters that get way more cash than they asked for always end up FUBAR? Broken Age got 3.3 million, game is shit; Mighty no.9 got more cash than Keiji Inafune asked for, he fucked it up; the list goes on…
I suppose this is because people like Schafer or Inafune can't control money for shit, but projects with so much cash shouldn't end up botched like that, are they?
How wan people fuck this up?

If that's a woman, that's impressive.
If that's a man, that's impressive, but in a different manner.

It is probably a mixture of lacking financial skills and that in most production can't be rapidly increased in the short as people need to be brought up to speed which eats into production time/quality.

Well, in SC's case it was poorly thought out stretch goals that required massive fundemental game and engine redesign from the original concept instead of limiting it to simple shit like pets and extra ships.

get back in your oven, kike.