/4xg/ 4X Strategy General

Endless Legends and similar, Civilization (VI is shit)
Stellaris, Crusader Kings and any grand strategy also welcome

picking up endless legends to play up after a heck of a long time, and first since bought the game and all dlc
is it just me, or even with 'small regions', they end up being waaaay too big?

why the mods allow these threads to exist is still beyond me

its a thread for 4x and strategy games, how one earth is this a reddit meme?

you gotta be fucking kiddin me… they literally were about to beat me by one turn in completing monument

Do you know how many wonders I lost to that over the years? Too many.

just figured out all about those sea fortress and whatnot, pretty cool, first time playing the expansion….

I wish the wonder buildings had different designs for different factions.

Is Civ VI fixed yet

I really hate Monument racing, is it too bad in this game? What happens if you get beat to one?

I gotta tell you that momnuments are pretty strong in the game, not only they produce incredible bonus, but also expand the city
and there seems that always one other faction beat me to the first one, pretty frustrating, you still get all resources back when you don't get it though
like other user anon said, itreally depends on what sort ofstart you get, like having the proper resources and build capacity

had potential
and speaking of which
I've only played near the release, but from what I heard there were quite a lot of pretty decent updates and dlc already

Oh yeah, and sort of forgot… to mention
besides being pretty good game solo, man this game multiplayer must kick ass
anyone ever tried playing mp? in fact any 4x mp at all?

You're already 8/12. For the sake of us all don't make the faggotry any worse.

New patch pretty much broke Stellaris. Check back again in a few months.

By the way, anything vaguely resembling related in theme or gameplay? Anything goes but please, please don't say freecol or that Civ4 garbage.

Age of Wonders 3 recently got an update that added sea fortresses, did some balance changes and fixed some remaining bugs.

how so? what went wrong?

get that Civ4 garbage and use the TAC mod (the authentic colonization)
its worth it I swear, in a matter of fact the civ4 engine was pretty good handling multiplayer (way better than newer ones)
either Col or regular civ4 is worth a session if anyone wants to try

8/12? wtf are you on about?

does anyone still fall for this low quality bait?
what the fuck do the cucks at paradox are even thinking?

No, and it never will be in all likelyhood.

Doesn't Endless Space 2 come out in a few days?
I really can't wait for another 3-6 months until the first expansion so I know the game is playable.

the 25th

They better add in the Allayi or the Vaulters somehow. I wanna know what happened to those people.

What is even the timeline of the EL series? Doesn't Legend take place before Space and Space 2 after Legend?

I remember being it -75% for all DLCs back then when flash sales were a thing.

Why?

I have the early access of the game. It's okay. Haven't encountered any bugs other than desync issues with my friend, which sometimes happened every other turn and results in us having to restart the game. Factions are okay, they've added a few extra people, Riftborn being my favorite so far because they have cool designs and interesting backstory come from an alternate dimension where everything is floating in white space and they are simple geometrical objects, something spoopy happened and they have to flee to the ES dimension to find a new homeworld

Overall it's okay, I'm hoping they add more flavor to gameplay overall.

And then there's the ongoing balance problem with combat

Stellaris is not in a very good place until another major patch, I feel. Or several of them.

Is there any point in getting starcraft remastered seeing how the og is now free?

Vaulters best faction prove me wrong.

Dungeon of the Endless leads to Endless Legend which leads to Endless Space games
2 may take place before 1

I've been fairly disappointed with the combat
I'm hoping the release version sees a rework along with overhauls to diplomacy and some buffing of the AI factions. Only certain ones seem to actually do well in big games

No, check back in 3 years

anyone got a magnet link for Endless Legend?

Literally genius
Not even shilling, Endless Space 2 is the best space 4X since Master of Orion 2

How do you mean user? I've not kept up with ES2.

Vaulters are a Faction within the United Empire

It's still in Early Access but it's well polished and fun. It's going to be exiting EA in like 3 days as well.
That's everything off the top of my head. I never played ES1 and bought ES2

*bought ES2 on a whim

If there was a successful blend of Fall From Heaven and Rhyes and Fall mods for civ 4 as well as ramping up difficulty and story elements ala Endless Legend I would be so happy.

Wrong
Vaulters and UE are the same race but there's a divergence
Vaulters are descendants of the Prison ship that crashed on Auriga. The UE is a Mezari colony that was established before the Mezari imploded and clawed their way back to the stars

I think they still are sometimes, with exception of the newest

wasn't the latest patch actually supposed to fix some of these?
what actual version are you talking about?
just downloaded a Linux release of it, just to satisfy a bit, its the last dlc but not latest version it seems

that sounds really promising, is there going to be major price difference of something?
really like the improvements they're adding up to the genre,

I would actually hope for a mix between Civ4 with revolution flavors and CK2,
precisely, something less gamey but natural and not "play to win" but play to enjoy way of gameplay

so what else obscures games do we have to find out?

my recommend is:
very little known, but pretty good 4x-ish~rpg-ish gameplay
its small scale, like group of people, very story and quest heavy
somewhat confy but brutal…

been eyeing this for a while, time and time again I see it mentioned when talking about stellaris and ES alike
can some one give us the quick rundown?

SoaSE is an RTS with a less than usual complex gameplay, focuses more into the battles than anything
There are 3 races to choose with 2 paths for each one. For example Human Rebels which focus on high damage or Human Loyalist who focus on having high defense options.

You will spend most of the time managing huge fleets of hundreds of ships in battle. Capital ships are kind of "heroes" in a sense, they level up and have special abilities depending on their specialization. You also have access to one powerful Titan ship with unique abilities according to which faction you choose, for example the Ankylon Titan is a defensive support ship that excels at turning the tide of battles for human fleets, while the Vorastra Titan is a mean alien motherfucker who can teleport behind the enemy fleets, eat the support ships alive, and then teleport out of range again, making him the biggest space troll around.

The AI isn't anything surprising, and higher difficulties only make it get endless resources and higher stats. On Hard mode you are more or less equal, on Unfair which is the next one i think, the enemy will become damage sponges and so you need to stay clear of their kill path and prepare ambushes in advance
The graphics are nice and the game recently got a facelift for higher texture quality and lightning.

I'd say its enjoyable for quick death match style battles with lots of rail guns and lazors going on.

Daily reminder that pirateted DLC work with the steam version.

stronk womyn in charge?

they are best

it doesn't, at least not content dlc in the linux version
doesn't steam pass a validation or something like that?

I love that game so much, real shame it's almost never brought up here.

Sins of a Solar Empire is pretty great, the multiplayer however desyncs at the drop of a needle, and the lore hinted behind every faction could really really benefit from a single player campaign where it is explored.

That being said

Unity > Everything

Game realy cool though.

lol pretty fucking funny too, btw, they don't advertise it but have an actual loonix release, and it works great

yeah seems good for what it is, but I like my confy empire building

ohhh man, got such a space boner right now
this game is sooo good, what ya think of my custom species?

so I just checked and seems that I'm playing on 1.5, still good?

I had a couple of replies but I deleted them, this thread reeks of 4chan.

He's wrong. It's coming out on the 19th of May

No, the problem is that you're a dumb piece of shit.

what is this? 4chan is the new reddit?

?

why the sudden surge in autism?

What can I play similar to Master of orion/civ 5?
I'm lazy and casual

What is the most recent version? 2.20?

i wanted to like civ 6

I really hate how other empires rarely start wars at late game in stellaris. Literally just spec in tech then wait for a long as time because the AI won't do shit. Then at late game just shove each empire down one by one.

They're kinda different games you know
if you want more Civilization, try Galactic Civilizations II or III
- If you want more Master of Orion, try MOO: Conquer the Stars
- If you want a Civ-like with less empire management but better battle, try Age of Wonders III, don't forget to get the add-ons, without them it's pretty shit
- If you want a casual MOO, try Stars in Shadows
- If you want a fantasy MOO, either get Master of Magic or Warlocl II, for the later, you better get the mod Renaissance

wish it would let me play the vanilla and halfling campaigns with the eternal lords mechanics.

They are comfy in the way you get a "you need to do stuff button click to do stuff" ways that is what I want

could you rephrase that?

They're already working on more dlc too

Me too. I even got used to the ebin comic design but the game is basically 3 steps back, 0 forward.

What in the fuck is wrong with that girl

offtopic sage

I'm awake for 20m and dense
This is what I mean/want

She spent 4 years doing this kind of videos so I guess everything

Kinda nsfw so spoiler

anyone tried gal civ 3 crusade?
they revamped much of the base game

well, i know theres an end turn warning for every age of wonders after the first one. besides, the first one isnt really a 4x, its more like heroes of might and magic. still, if comfy is what youre after it is still worth considering. it looks nice and the music is beautiful.

This is why western civilization is dying. Play Endless Legend, that game's pretty turn-by-turn.

I haven't, is it fun?

it's better than vanilla galciv3
although I don't understand the new pop tile system

I'm new to the this strategy stuff and Endless Space was on sale for literally a dollar.
But I want to play Endless Legend First. How good is it with all the DLC involved? How good is it compared to Endless Space?

Pls help my only real experience with Age of Empires 2. I'm new to all this.

I'd say Endless Legend with all the dlc is worth it, but the AI is kinda meh. Endless Space is more casual and has less content. The tutorial in Endless Space is outdated, so you might want to check some videos on youtube or something to get the basics.

Why didn't the guys who made Endless space take the time to patch the tutorial with all the new stuff in the update? That seems like a really silly thing to leave out in such a comparatively complex game series.

Civ V was free on some site a few years ago. Also it was bundled with its dlc so you should be able to find it pretty cheap. It also still has an active playerbase(more than Civ VI last time I checked), so it should be an alright game for a beginner

Endless Legend is also very fun game, I last played it a few DLCs ago. Instead of making more civs/units with little differences it does a few civs/units with lots of differences, up to your taste if you like this or not. Its AI is bad, like nearly all games in this genre so if you have friends I'd suggest multiplayer on that too

Do any of you fags wanna' play Endless Legends/Space or Stellaris?
steamcommunity.com/id/meatfucker

Turn up the aggressiveness.
But I know what you mean. By year two hundred you end up just taking over the entire galaxy because everyone else has stagnated.

Those motherfuckers better bring back the Sowers in Endless Space 2, or they're sure as shit not getting my money.
Literally the only good race.

ew lad, why?
those nipple piercings though

I wanted EL mp, must be pretty good, but… that login….

Teleport power is good as fuck. Between that and the bonus from holy resource, I think they are the best faction.

16 may was a stability update

so I've found Stellaris 1.5 release for linux, codenamed group was Activated
anyone got source for them? in matter of fact any reliable source to getting your pirated games?
I was looking if I could get that 1.61 update on linux as well

Do you have to ask? Attention whoring without actual whoring, plain and simple.