Breath of the Wild

I don't own a switch, but I'm contemplating buying one just for this game. Is it any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

buya.com/Item/Details/Nintendo-Wii-U-Deluxe-32GB-Black-System-WUP-101-Console-Only/lite/655f67b0ac4044fb96066aed01787a17?gclid=Cj0KEQjwgODIBRCEqfv60eq65ogBEiQA0ZC5-Q2-Z4L5a0Nod1OWDioosq_aUdI0GZWHIoB2AVwoWl4aAnKC8P8HAQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cemu can play it.

No.

Nigger, just no. Wait until more shit comes out.

Retard. Just play it in CEMU.

thats a lot of cash just for one game. is there something the switch version has that you want but that wiiu version doesnt?

30 more fps

i did not know that

Because it's not totally true!
OP, BUY THE GOAT, IT'S ZELDA IT'D BEAUTIFL AND GOOD XDDDD

There's other good games for the Switch like Blaster Master 0, Puyo Puyo Tetris, and the Portable Mario Kart is good. Wait to buy it though as most of the games on it can be played else where, especially because Arms and Splatoon 2 are also coming out.

How did they get away with this?

Also Zelda is a 7.5/10 at its worst and 8/10 some of the time.

Just kill yourself redditor

It's decent for an open world game, but it's not nearly as good as Wind Waker or either of the N64 Zelda games.

eat shit common cold and strep throat. soak in that failure

The game is great. The console is okay, and there's some fun ideas with it, however it's library is too lacking at the moment, it's not really got anything that can sell it outside of being able to slide off the controllers and play with someone else on the fly (which can be great fun when you're stuck on a train and you pull the person next to you into a game of bomberman while you wait for the train to get moving again)

So no, it's not worth buying it for one game.

Nope. Just kill your self.

At least the common cold has the decency not to namefag

/thread

Bump for Zelda THE BEST SWITCH GAME EVER XDDDE
#SwitchMasterRace

Go back to halfchan OP

Whole system isn't worth it for just the one game; wait until Christmas and beyond if you're interested in a Switch. t. somebody that bought one at launch

BOTW is a good open-world game but a terrible Zelda game. Go CEMU as others suggest if you're interested in it, but also be aware CEMU is not perfect, its performance is sub-par, and no amount of memes about how "the performance was shit anyways so the game is emulated perfectly!" will fix things like several effects not working, poor performance in random areas for no real reason that did not have those performance issues on the original hardware, and having to cache shaders unless you pre-download them- which ultimately pans out to whether you feel like wasting a couple hundred megs of bandwidth on shaders, or want to waste half an hour or so hunting down a shader-pack that doesn't fuck with things too badly.

i borrowed both a switch and a copy of BOTW, its not a killer app. At times the game is woefully fucking boring due to it falling for the open world meme. Like anything that hits you with that big open world you spend your first hour or two being pretty impressed, especially since this game gives you all your tools and sets you loose after the introduction. so you go out and start finding shit and its neat until you realize how repetitive aspects of it are. Exploring is simply not enjoyable or rewarding after you realize it costs more player resources than you gain since the weapon break system is fucking shit. not because weapons break but because there is no in-game way to gauge the durability of your weapons until it is almost broken. so any time you get a decent weapon you hoard it for hours and beat enemies to death with sticks in fear of losing your decent damage weapons. speaking of enemies the variety of them sucks. most of the time you'll fight moblins or those lizard cunts, the most interesting enemies are the lynels but due to their giant health pool you'll break 3-4 weapons and only yield one weapon back as loot

shields have durability as well, remember how cool shield sliding looked in the trailers? well that breaks your shield too so if you try to have fun and slide down a mountain you'll more likely just have to stop, or suffer it breaking under your feet sending you into freefall. the dungeons are pretty dull too, puzzles aren't anything to write home about save for how you can exploit the physics to get around them, and all the dungeon bosses are kinda the same shit. the micro-dungeons which are the only thing you yield useful rewards from are also 100 variants of getting a ball in a cup which gets tired real quick

i'm ragging on it pretty hard right now because i don't want you to blow money on a mediocre console with one game on it right now, but its not actually an awful game, it works out of the box and does some things right but you'll spent most of your time just running or climbing instead of in dungeons or fighting, because a large part of the map is just open fucking fields with garbage treasure in it. BOTW is easily more overrated than even OOT because OOT had to follow stricter rules to make a functioning game back then, BOTW doesn't follow those rules and makes for a tedious experience at times

Dont hoard any weapons. Just use them as soon as you get them.

What's next, anons?

That's a good way to get stabbed and the console stolen.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting. Back to reddit.

why

I did this. Don't do it. There's nothing else worth playing on the console. Wait for a price drop or re release that fixes some of the issues the console has. If you really want to play a zelda, get an emulator and download Majoras Mask or Ocarina. Playing Breath of the Wild doesn't really feel like playing a zelda, so don't spend that much money pursuing that feeling.

force of habit, but i did mention how most enemies aren't rewarding, or exploring in general. it didn't really need to be such a huge open world at all

Literally the only thing I suggest keeping is a Korok leaf.

That damn thing is actually useful for rafts, and korok balloons and knocking things and monsters off cliffs,

Why don't you wait 'til E3 and see if anything in the upcoming library interests you?
If you really JUST want to play Breath of the Wild, you can probably pick up a used Wii U for cheap.

The framerate is more stable on the Switch but it's not 60fps.

But you can emulate BotW 4free on CEMU without needing any console.
I kind of want a Switch myself too be honest but seriously if you want to just try out BotW you don't need a fucking console for it

But how does it play on k/b?

All this time I was using the stasis mechanic and bashing things to move them off or up when I could off just used those.

usb polling lag
even more fucking lag

why are emucucks so dumb?

The obvious solution is to use the only truly lagless control-scheme and instead establish a mental link with your CPU

I'm not trusting anything since Ultimate was such a piece of junk. Besides the overall Switch library is still tiny, wait for it to develop, lest it turn into Wii U 2.0 Electric Boogaloo. It hasn't even got hacks yet.

Still, would buy one instead of entertaining the idea of giving Cemu the time of day. Scummy emulator developers deserve the Literally Who fate.

Nope.

It's so succinct and perfect but it just kills me inside, the huge difference between what could've been and what is. You can spend more time in a playthrough of BotW than two other Zeldas combined, but the other games could stay fun even on the third playthrough, while you'll never replay BotW. I guess when it's the only launch game, you better stretch that shit out so full of filler the player will spend hours exploring nothing. Fuck.

going into open world always kills any actual level design or creative process behind what made other games great. same shit happened with MGSV, whats the point of all those tools if most of the map is a field or a mountain

I know your b8'ing m8 but lets think about this for reelz for a second. I guarantee you Nintendo's wireless protocols for the Pro Controller and the WiiU Tablet itself have much worse input lag than USB but we're still talking millisecond difference but still

How are your keyboard and mouse connected, dumbass?

Normees never learn.

Why would you want a Switch ?

It's pretty damn great.
A lot of its elements are very easily spun as being shit by people who didn't play the game though.

Fucking where? I was just looking around for a WiiU for around 100 bucks and couldn't find any. Fucking GameStop has used ones for over 200 fucking dollars the fucking kikes.
At least until CEMU irons out the crashes and occasional flickering. I mean, you can already run BotW at full 1080p/4K which is a higher resolution than even the Switch version

If you already own a Wii U, just buy it for that.

eBay.
$200AUD will buy you a 32GB console with at least 6 games.

Switch is great just wait, 2 Splatoon comes out in 2 months.

You merely got tricked!
the 3ds is a better emu system, but the PSVITA has better controls, ergonomics, screen and plays PS1 games natively

If it's already great why should he wait?

I wish people were this hostile to the nuPrey shills here.

$400 more. You'd get sounder investment buying a Vita.

Yes!

This thread is instoppable.

The Switch itself is great, but all it's best games are available on other systems, the Switch version are better but, it will become better as time goes on, like any other newly released system.

Never mind just realized you were baiting.

Sure at current point the Vita has more games than the Switch but nothing on that, or coming to that system is worth looking at, whereas you have games that are worth playing on the Switch right now. you'd be better off waiting for 2 Splatoon or Super Mario Odyssey.

only for 400$ goyim

And yet you're saying not to buy it.

Do you read what you type or just click New Reply as fast as you can to make sure your shitposts per hour are up high?

No, that was just a meme pushed by Sonyggers to combat the Nintendrones.
Everyone managed to play the Splatoon beta without one, didn't they?
Another anti-Nintendo meme. Every single device that uses wi-fi, infrared or bluetooth systems has similar disclaimers.
It's only there so they can use it as an excuse if something goes wrong.

I never said it wasn't great, it's a game console that just released, if you wait you are likely to get the system at a cheaper price point in maybe a bundle, or second hand, none of that goes against it being a great system, which it is, and it will only get better with time.

Ask some of your friends or family that have kids. Chances are they still have a Wii U around somewhere they're willing to sell or get rid of. If not then you can always go around drift stores, pawn shops or the good old fashion flee markets or as they're called down here swapmeets. Looking online I see one guy is selling a Wii U 32 gig system only for like $100 plus shipping.
buya.com/Item/Details/Nintendo-Wii-U-Deluxe-32GB-Black-System-WUP-101-Console-Only/lite/655f67b0ac4044fb96066aed01787a17?gclid=Cj0KEQjwgODIBRCEqfv60eq65ogBEiQA0ZC5-Q2-Z4L5a0Nod1OWDioosq_aUdI0GZWHIoB2AVwoWl4aAnKC8P8HAQ

I've seen people selling broken gamepads for cheap and buying replacement parts is easy so long as the screen isn't broken. You can still replace it but it going to cost an extra 30-40 dollars.
If you manage to find one but don't want to pay for just Zelda you can invest a bit more money and hack your Wii U and gain access to the rest of the Wii U's library of games.

you still need a shitphone if you want basic online features

Doesnt change the fact remote controllers are a stupid gimmick idea for a supposed "handheld"

I can understand why people would start defending this turd if they spent 400$ and more on it.

For a start, Vanillaware games and Gravity Rush are both excellent, and for those into weebshit it's one of the best platforms ever. You also get some PSP and PS1 games as an option, even more if you hack the thing.

You can count them on one hand. It's not a well spent $400 until the system gets an actual library, and a revision with some of the early issues fixed. I'm waiting for the hacks personally. Wii U is also a sound investment, so is the 3DS.

Speaking of design, what mouth-breather thought to put the charging port on the bottom of the thing when it's marketed for sitting on a table?

what a bunch of casuals

No that's retarded, and you still don't know what you are talking about.

The framerate doesn't fluctuate anywhere near what you seem to be implying it does, and not only can you not prove it, but when you try to I will just post the other video.

What a waste.

It's still mostly trash, I never said the Switch was worth buying just to play portable versions of console games and I wouldn't say the Vita is worth buying for that either, if you're a huge weeb go ahead and buy the Vita, you don't need advice, it's a given you will buy one if you are a weeb, but recommending a Vita to someone who hasn't said they are at all interested in shitty weeb games, no fuck off, going forward the Switch has a good looking future, the Vita, no it's a waste.

Nice goalpost moving.

Remote controllers are a gimmick, and it's a gimmick that's selling well.

The same mouth-breathers selling Nintendo Switch Console Docks :^)

But the framerate does fluctuate. It goes anywhere from 20-30, averaging about 25.
The Wii U version stays at 20FPS, which is better as you adjust to it, rather than a constantly changing FPS.

This guy explained it perfectly, but instead of using my crappier weapons I just fight normal enemies with bombs and hoard all my weapons for bosses. It's(U+200B was here) so fucking tedious! I don't even bother with most enemies and just run straight past them, at least.

Also, despite what "normalfags" may think, I like the typical Zelda formula. I'm fine with having a large I open world, but there's wrong with videogames- especially fucking dungeons- having a clear linear objective.

travis touchdown pls

I can at least in good conscience recommend a Vita to some people, since it has options. I cannot do that with the Switch when all it has to stand on is a tiny library of games, promises of more don't mean shit after the Wii U. The system doesn't even have any hacks to make it better, or any backwards compatibility, even the Wii U and 3DS had that going for them in their early life.

Try again.

is "backwards compatibility" a foreign word to you?

The framerate hits a low of 20 but it isn't constantly fluctuating, there is really only one area where the framerate drops and that's beneath the Deku Tree, and if you play in handheld mode it's even rarer and the WiiU version isn't a constant 20fps, it jums around more than the Switch version and it drops harder when anything complex happens like explosions.

Just stop.

I'm sure you will be able to recommend one next year.

They had backwards compatibility. If it was awkwardly worded they had day 1 hacks then that was not the intention.

It is a really great game.
10/10 game to me.
My problem is that it has The Legend of Zelda title attached to it.
It is not a Zelda game.
It is a pretty hard departure from the standard Zelda format.
As a Zelda game, the way you would grade a Zelda game, it is not a 10/10.
It is called Zelda because the fact of the matter is an original IP wouldn't sell worth a damn.

If they've gotten their act together it can be sooner than that. I'm just not recommending or buying one until that point. That's called being sensible.

only if

but implying that'll ever happen

My bad, I assumed he was following on with the start of the sentence.

Fuck off.

Wii U version runs better.
And you can pirate it.
Virtually the only reason you would want the Switch version is because of Amiibo hooks for newer amiibo that you can emulate with NFC tags for some shit.

I fucking hate retards like you, one of the big benefits of the PC is being able to use literally any fucking peripheral you want and guess what; a game designed for 360 degree movement with the analog stick isn't going to work as well with 8 degree wasd movement. You might as well play a flight simulator and complain that it doesn't play well with a DDR matt.

I played a good 20 hours, a lot of it was sidequesting and climbing. I can't imagine it gets more deep than that, the sidequests were pretty shit there was this one where I bought a house and spent 1000's of rupees furnishing it for it only to be a museum with no real function. I did enjoy it for what it was though, climbing climbing and more climbing but the wswitch is not worht it for that. Wait 2 years for it to get a decent amount of games.

If you're waiting for hacks it's probably going to be a while, if you're waiting for games, it's going to be soon.

You will never own a Switch.

I never said it didn't fluctuate, I'm saying that it is nowhere near the problem you seem to want people to believe that it is, it's mostly stable, the WiiU version is less stable, it fluctuates more and sits at lower framerates for longer periods of time

You're so fucking retarded this has to be bait.

I have both, the Wii U version isn't less stable, or at least, in most cases from defeating 3/4 divine beasts and calamity ganon and clearing 80 shrines, was not noticeably worse than playing on the switch.
And before you say it, the switch was a gift and I'm not a shithead who returns gifts for store credit

Frame tests I've seen show that the WiiU is less stable, and averages lower framerates, maybe when comparing pre performance patch they are similar.

ftfy
and that's assuming also the games arent going to be garbage in one way or another

Which I fail to see how this is a bad thing anyway

Fair point.

the rest of this post was accurate, but this is the important part. it's pretty fun for a couple of hours, but you're never going to enjoy it as much as you did during that part. just go play it at a friend's for two hours if you want the high point of the experience.

No, games worth playing hit this year, faster than other systems too.

I never implied it was a bad thing, I'm just saying that you're not going to buy a Switch.

it's the Bloodborne machine syndrome all over again

A cross-platform, a sequel (soon), and a few others that aren't much improved over older instalments.

Its what most of V did; don't have the files but more BotW sold than Switch on release. People bought multiple copies and shit.

You should not but a console this young this day and age for any reason. Wait at least a year or two.

Nah, there's more than 1 game that is worth looking forwards to on the Switch, and that's in less than almost a year and a half.

That's a good portion of the games I'm looking forwards to playing this year.

Name them.
The only ones I see are BotW which can be played without a Switch and is fairly lackluster for a Zelda game, Spla2oon which is gimped by paid online, and Mario goes to New York which admittedly might be good but is ultimately not any new and would still be good 5 years from now when the Switch is $200.