I bought a PS3 a few weeks ago, cause I never had one, I always had an Xbox 360/One

I bought a PS3 a few weeks ago, cause I never had one, I always had an Xbox 360/One.
What are some essential exclusives I need to play?
I already played the God of War and Killzone trilogies, cause I loved them on the PS2. Right now I'm playing Infamous.

Other urls found in this thread:

vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/PlayStation_3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I heard Persona 5 was good. You could try that.

Did you hack it?

Right now though, Nier, Drakengard 3 and Persona 5. All star battle if you're into JoJo. That's it.

If you never had a PS2 either, play katamari and the "remasters" of Ico and SotC.

No.

Hack it then

I had one, already own the Ico/Shadow collection and love Katamari.

How to hack?

google it

I assume you have the newer fw

Wait wait wait wait. You can jailbreak current fw?

Wait a fucking minute, post 3.55 jailbreak is a thing now?

Please I can't fucking deal with that shitty 4.70 OFW backup loading method anymore.

Nice try, goldberg

Nier 1 is probably the best exclusive on there.
Wrath of the White Witch.
"Tales Of" games.
Starhawk has some brief enjoyment.

No user.

Yeah. Welcome to the new age.

Thanks, I check them out.

Bully this nerd

I was considering making this thread myself, thanks for saving me the trouble OP. I'm in the market for a PS3 too.

If I wanted a fat or slim, would it matter when it comes to CFW/jailbreaking and putting in a bigger hard drive?

try again friendo, it's on 360

And that assuming you actually want to play a game that is defined as "playable" which generally involves shit sound, bugs, jaggies and other undesireables. Is the game playable? Sure, but not nearly as good. Its laughable actually.

Huh, nice to see you can mod superslims now. Was sort of worried what would happen to my OG PS3 (the BC kind) that I've got running CFW. Nice to know.

good, play it, enjoy it, then play Infamous 2. Feel free to pretend the series never continued because the PS4 games are short and crappy.

Faggot, did you ever heard of:
God of War
Killzone
Flower
Shadow of the Colossus
Ico…..

xbox one owners folks

you should just return your PS3 while you still can, because the games you'll want to play are already on the xbox.
all you'll find here are "stupid anime games virgin nerds play. and not the cool anime like on toonami, but the gay anime, like japanese anime for lonely gay faggots."

Demon's Soul's and the Armored Core games are the only ones I can think of that are exclusive. Everything else I've liked is playable on 360, PC, or can be emulated.

vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/PlayStation_3

enjoy

yakuza games nigga
also demons souls

Every fucking time. KYS.

holy fuck why would you fucking post that list here?
get this fucking cancer out of here. that is fucking 4chan's list, definitely not Holla Forums's.
I'm scared to scroll down anymore, what sort of faggotry could possible be worst than bioshit inficuck

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (also on PC but PS3 is fine too)
Nier
White Knight Chronicles II (bit grindy but a decent game, includes the first game)
Yakuza series (even dead souls)
Tokyo Jungle
Ratchet & Clank games are alright
Resistance series is alright too but rip the actually excellent online
DEMON'S SOULS NIGGER
Dragon's Crown is pretty comfy
MGS: Peace Walker if you're into Stealth Action Monster Hunteran
Vanquish remains a good choice, though the PC version is on the horizon
The Guided Fate Paradox is a pretty good roguelike with some weeaboo charm, it has a sequel too I forget the name of that I've never played

I'm sure there are others and I'll be called faggot for a few of those but I didn't see them in the thread.

the only faggot thing about your post is that you used the buzzword comfy.
please for god's sake let that senseless meme die.
what fucking context are you even using it in here? a comfy beat em up? I thought comfy was supposed to be in defense of "games" that have no fucking gameplay, like animal crossing, where you just shut your brain off. dragon's crown is the exact devil's reverse of shitty animal crossing. please never use that word again, even in animal crossing's instance it's fucking annoying to see.

also thanks for mentioning that about white knight chronicles, i didn't know that the first game was included in the second. that's convenient

I find old school beat'em ups like that pretty relaxing. It's a pretty mindless grind if you want it and HOLY SHIT does Dragon's Crown have a lot of play value now. Level cap is obscenely high, crazy amounts of gear customization, huge randomized dungeon modes etc. To each their own.

And yeah, WKC2 International Edition includes the original game on disc. You can also play most of the online mode stuff solo even with the servers down, albeit much slower since you can't go raid other players' villages for crafting materials anymore. I believe you can even bring your Knight into those modes once you earn it in the second game. It was a pretty legit package. Shame about the server shutdown.

At least you can actually do almost all the online stuff by yourself I guess, you do miss out on guild ranking bonuses though so it makes a lot of content impossible to acquire, albeit just the ultimate endgame stuff. Unlike Resistance 2's incredibly awesome raid-mode co-op which can be played solo or splitscreen without the servers but is actually impossible to do anything being that it's a fucking 3 class mode where you HAVE TO HAVE all 3 classes present to succeed, and the offline co-op is limited to 2 player split screen holy fuck Insominiac why are you such niggers.

They shut the servers down in a sort of retaliation towards Sony for not picking up Sunset Overdrive's license when MS picked it up.

Turn the servers back on you useless faggots.

NOGAMES

Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection, Little Big Planet 1 & 2 (3 is a piece of shit), ZOTE HD Collection, JJBA All Star Battle

That's why I'm hoping PS3 emulation keeps apace. At least then we'll be able to cobble together multiplayer in some capacity like it was done with the PSP and PS2.

It may be hard to manage in those two cases considering they both had dedicated server aspects and I highly doubt we have any packet data to reverse engineer them with.

That said, I'd definitely mod one of my PS3's in a heartbeat to get some crazy as fuck Resistance 2 co-op on again.

Well, fuck.

What I fear is that the more time goes on the more prevalent this server sided content bullshit will become. And since companies could give less of a shit about vidya preservation we'll lose a shitload of good games.

Yup.

It's happening right now, assuming you consider Alan Wake a good game, which is debatable. Music license is up so they're pulling the game down from all store fronts in two days.

At least you'll still have piracy after that since there's no online component but regardless, the licensing stuff is horseshit. You'll never see a movie pulled from the shelf over something on the soundtrack since they sell the soundtrack separately and it benefits them to keep both selling.

The online components on some games are a whole other kettle of fish. Some companies have handled it sorta okay, like Two World's for example, their devs actually just handed off running the online mode's servers to some random fan who ran them on donations for ages. I dunno their status now though, and the online aspect either is or will be dead when he stops handling it.

Essentially none of the devs give a shit. I've been emailing, messaging and otherwise communicating with a lot of developers looking for solutions to bringing online modes back and they range from simply disinterested to openly ignoring the inquiries.

Sheer numbers clearly mean nothing considering the Resistance series still had thousands of people online daily on R2 both in co-op and competitive.

The games industry is a mess and it deserves to die so something better can take its place.

I think the biggest issue with Alan Wake was that the music was tied so deeply with the plot. San Andreas also had two or three songs patched out due to licensing bullshit, and the Dirt games got taken off the store because the license expired. It's pretty fucked up they can do that and no one seems to give a shit.

Hence why I tolerate all the smug moralist pirates. They might be annoying faggots but at least they're right when they say piracy is justified in the current climate.

It becomes readily apparent when you find out just how many of them manage to lose the source code for their products. Thank God for autism or Strife might have been lost forever. It takes a special kind of dedication to reverse engineer such a game.

Bless you for trying. I'm still amazed they won't do it for the PR and goodwill it would generate them. Fucking idiots.

Just to be absolutely sure you get a jailbreak-able PS3, look around for a CECH-20 through CECH-25XXA model PS3 slim. Those tend to be the cheapest, and I have only run into a small amount of PS2 games that have issues with the emulation. You'll want to put the bigger hard drive in, since you can only run PS2 ISOs off the internal hard drive, plus you'll need space for game data.

Hahaha, that niggas got no legs

Wow, I actually feel kinda bad.

Here. You know what to do.

DO NOT listen to any retards telling you to mod it. Any mod that advertises for a jailbreak of anything higher than 3.55, is lying. You will destroy your console.

Hey retard. Still mad that you can't follow directions?

I have no clue who you think I am, but let me assure you I am not him.

Let put this as simply as I can for your mongloid brain to comprehend. You cannot, I repeat, CANNOT, downgrade ANY PS3 firmware above 3.55 to mod, and any shitty guide(yours included), is falsehood.

I recommend you kill yourself, A.S.A.P.

FWIW, there are a metric fuckton of fake Youtube tutorials out there. Anyone that's legally blind should be able to spot about every one, but there are a few out there that are pretty damn good.

I need a partner.

Nice try, ID Hopper. Your failure knows no bounds.

Indeed

You got it.

The only failure here is you, you pathetic little worm.

How does it feel to be mentally handicapped? Want to know how I know you didn't even use that guide? Because even you know it's hot garbage, much like yourself.

Without a flasher of sorts, or equivalent hardware modifications, you can't drop a PS3 from any firmware to 3.55 to subsequently install a CFW. You can't magically use a USB stick to dump NAND or NOR, and force a CFW.

Think before you speak, and quit acting like you know what you are talking about. Oh, and kill yourself. Not gonna tell you a third time.

I'm pretty disappointed tbh, I didn't look into it very far and just assumed it was legit, thought I might give it a shot later. Seems this user is right though with a couple minutes reading.

Am I reading this thread right? Jailbreak/homebrew on a 4.81 PS3 is a thing?

No. Someone's just a faggot and spreading disinfo. Check GBATemp's forums on the subject for specifics but essentially you're SOL if you're above 3.55.

So those comments on that customjailbreak site are fake? God damn it, I thought I found a way to play Tales of Vesperia.

Good job OP, now you can never play this

You can kinda arrange yourself to play disc backups on OFW 4.70, but it's bothersome and error prone, there's also apparently people who managed to pull the same shit on 4.81 but I doubt it personally, fucking lucky I somehow stuck on 4.70 for no reason.

shitty quake wars. good riddance

I suppose that's good to know. I was more saying that the video suggesting you could pop a USB in and run anything was bunk. If it's going to take more than that I don't know if I can bother with it.

Though I'm tempted now to dig out my old phatty PS3 and give it a cleaning out, see if I can get it to stop overheating. It's probably on a sub 3.00 firmware, mod it, then just use it for PS2 games.

armored core 4

Is there an actual download link? I can't find anything that doesn't want me to either download a virus or "complete a survey" to get a password to the zip. There are also a million sites out there that scream malware. This is pure cancer.

Nioh

You guys are a hoot.

The uncharted ones and Infamous.

Also if you are into weeb games there are plenty of decent ones.

Ok I am thinking about buying PS3 myself.
Do I need to keep something in mind when buying one to crack it? Is newest firmware and all versions of it crack able? Can I play all the games I want on crack, besides internet obviously?
Also which ones can play PS2 games and is any reason to not get one of these?

I also recently bought a PS3 to play LittleBigPlanet again

So buy LittleBigPlanet and make sure you ace all the levels

came here to post that

emunigger detected, keep stretching the definition of playable

Only the first model

Unless you find one that has been sitting on a shelf for a whole decade, you'll get a burnt-down refurbished piece of crap that will last you (with luck) a few months

Best version of Bayonetta