Does anyone else worry they're going to die before finishing their backlogs?

Does anyone else worry they're going to die before finishing their backlogs?

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=95256794
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Instead, i want to die before finishing my backlog.

Do you really want to live in a world where you don't have a backlog to fall back on? If all I had to play were modern releases I think I might just kill myself.

I want to die at the hands of my backlog

Some of us aren't lucky enough to have backlogs you privileged shitlord.

Crushed to death by games? Or more along the lines of "local man soils pants, dies after 72 hour gaming session"?

I just got more than half of my games removed steam library. I am closer to finishing my backlog than ever before.

preferably both

Kill me. I am already dead.

This.

What are all the headshots from? Nobonaga's Ambition?

Preferably, I'll die before finishing my backlog. I'd hate to not have a backlog to fall back on. Then again, there's always something to play, so even if I somehow conceivably played through my entire backlog, I know there'd be other stuff to pile back into it.

I have the entire NTSC-U collections of every popular console and handheld (except saturn) from gen 3-5, and soon I'll be upgrading to a 7700K and a 1070 so I'll have access to the GC, PS2 and DS libraries as well. I'll be dead long before I finish that shit.

You're actually doing the future a great service as long as you archive it properly and keep it in good condition. Hats off, user.

I want to fuck nee-san before dying

I want to fuck my backlog

I've already resigned myself to the fact that I will die before I finish my backlog. There is no way that I can keep a full-time job and finish games like I used to.

I'm more worried i just keep replaying good older games at this point because most newer games are fucking shit and im the kind of pleb who thinks Oblivion is better than Morrowind.

I don't worry about it. The idea of me playing literally thousands of games in 20-40 years is laughable. And that's presuming somebody or something doesn't kill me before then.

No but I am currently focusing exclusively on all the more fast paced action oriented games and leaving all the slow turn based stuff at the bottom of the list because my reaction time and such won't be as good as I get older. I do really want to play games like Final Fantasy Tactics, X-com, etc but they will have to wait.

This isn't counting all the emulated games across all systems and tons of pirated GoG games (I want to buy them but American banks hate Cyprus so I can't).

My book backlog is more important, pleb

My backlog is relatively small, yet I never seem to get around to making progress on it. Maybe after I've finished up the two games that are worth playing from the past six months or so, I can make a dent in it.

Not really, I solved my backlog problem by accepting that I'll never get around to them and selling/deleting them. It's like a weight is lifted off your chest when you sell your games.

That's not a bad idea. I need to give up multiplayer games. All they do is annoy me anyway. What I'm doing at the moment is playing a mixture of genres so I don't burn myself out on one. I have been playing new and old games too, which makes it worse I count 7th gen as new as well.

I'm actually so close to finishing my backlog that I've been looking for more games to add to it.

Look at this chump.

Your inability to focus on one task is not a reason to be smug, underageb&.

I bet you can't even walk and talk to your grandkids at the same time

You can't, either, you just think you can. Any task that requires more than rudimentary cognitive ability will detract from your ability to perform a second task of equal or greater complexity.
npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=95256794
Sorry for the source, but it was the first decent one I found. Go look in JSTOR if you really want a good one.

That's impossible and you know it

Listen nobody is asking you to write a book report after enjoying moby dick and metal gear solid at the same time, but you absolutely can take in starship troopers while playing risk of rain or red alert 2.
Or at least I can, maybe you're just two old to handle anything more complicated than breathing and knitting at the same time.

It isn't. All you have to do is mostly avoid the hype surrounding mainstream AAA releases (some of which are probably crap games anyway (ex: Mass Effect or Calladoody), as well as open-world RPG's that are mostly huge time sinks. I personally haven't bought a Wii U or Switch for Xenoblade Chronicles or BotW, or even touched a Monster Hunter game in 4 years. That's about a couple hundreds of hours saved right there which I could invest towards other games.

It never ends.

But i already did it kid, maybe if you homosexuals stopped sucking each other dicks, i know how gay weebs are, but if you just took off those cocks out your mouths to breathe or something, maybe you could too

You could finish your backlog, realize your life has been entirely pointless and kill yourself or you could never finish your backlog and die without fully realizing that you're fucking worthless

I do this every now and then. Some would say it's a waste of money, but having games I know I'm never going to play again makes me feel ill. It's like too much clutter.

Pretty much this. It's better to stay distracted until the end.

I tried that once, but I kept zoning out periodically for around five minutes so I gave up after continuously having to replay the audio. Not enjoyable.

Again, you just think you can.
Also,
smug_anime_girl.jpeg

What if I also do other things besides playing vidya?

Fucking hell guys. I've played about 200, maybe 300, games in my lifetime. I've beaten a small fraction of those of the ones that are "beatable" and I still have loads more to go. I have only played a handful of the games I want on SNK systems. I've never even touched a 3DO. Never mind any JRPGs I would like to play, which can last upwards of 40 hours each on your first playthrough. Plus I do other things than play videogames. How do you niggas do it?

I'm not done with my backlog yet, but it's very small. Partially because I'm a picky fucker. I won't play a 2D game made after 1998, I won't play anything with animu character designs, and there are several genres I don't play, like fighting, racing, and strategy games.
It does mean that my life is suffering, though, because in any given year there are only a handful of new games that both satisfy my autism and don't look like dogshit.

Perhaps you could try to ease your way into a certain genre or something?

I think I wouldn't(U+200B was here) have as many games to play if I didn't like finding laughably bad things and introducing my friends to them. I try to avoid games that seem downright boring to me, though, like a lot of modern games. Even still, I was mostly a Nintendo child apart from the few PS1 games and demos my dad had which I sometimes occupied myself with, and some PC and Megadrive/Genesis games I played elsewhere so I have spent the last few years getting through my PS1/PS2/PC/etc backlog.

Also, as I mentioned earlier, I have wasted too much of my time on multiplayer games in the past.

What the fuck? I hate having to use my fucking phone.

What if i die and go to Hell and its my backlog?
Or alternatively what if i can't die until i finish my backlog?

I don't appreciate all the proxying in this thread.

You are forced to play nothing but Mass Effect: Androgyny for the rest of eternity.

You're missing out on all the fun

in a metaphorical sense, that is still being crushed under video games.

You should be worried about dying before you accept Christ as your Lord and Savior.

Was failing Physics 101 part of your plan?

Nothing but a meme.

Why are you doubting meme magic in CURRENT YEAR, user?

Are you on your last ropes, trying to convince yourself that you weren't dealt a shitty hand at birth?

Oh no I made a spelling mistake that means my whole argument is invalid.
In any case it doesn't matter if it's true multitasking or not what matters is results.
And I have tried to do both game and audiobooks at the same time and the result was that I was able to take in and enjoy them both at the same time.
At no point in the book was I lost or confused and my skills at vidya remained consistent with when I wasn't listening to the book.
Who are you to say that I just imagined doing it?
And keep in mind some of these games had concrete scores and other metrics with which to measure myself so it's not like I just thought my game playing skills weren't impacted.

I have found that the choice of game matters greatly, if there is too much shit going on in the game you wont be able to follow the book

True. Play a competitive online game while trying to listen to an audiobook, then without the audiobook, and record your results.

why do you taint /monster/ with your nonsense

"meme cat" being a meme cat is a meme in of itself.

Your point being?

i think if youre going to make a serious point it shouldnt be in memes.
certainly not when were on the topic of cold fusion. this is no time for joking

you know what, im sorry. continue.

How does one taint something that is already tainted?

I don't even keep a backlog.

you can't run out of video games if you make video games

I have in fact done so, though not on purpose, and I can say with certainty that listening to dune did not impact my performance at playing gray goo at all, and vice versa.
Now I am sure that there are more high action games out there and games that requires you to listen closely to audio cues or teammates to avoid getting shot in the head, that would prevent the use of audio books.
Note that I never said that all games could be played while listening to a book but rather that if you can not do it at all then you might be a chump.

It's kind of comforting to know that I have such a massive backlog that no matter what I'll always have a game to play. This also shields me from having to experience all the crap that's coming out now

this, my book backlog is immense. doesn't help that I read only a few pages before feeling the compulsive need to shitpost again.

Then what's the point, dude?

I worded that wrong. I mean I have so many I get lost in what game to play so settle for nothing.

A wise man doesn't need a backlog, for he already attained the games he wishes to play.
One only needs to know what he likes to have a short selection of new games.

No.

If anything, my backlog is what will probably keep me from offing myself once I've lost everything else in my life.

I'll have no friends, no family, no job, and no reason to live, but I'll at least have my video games.

I go through audiobooks all the time while playing games that don't focus on dialogue (Like S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Diablo 1, sometimes memelands and Dark Souls)

A backlog can theorectically span thousands of games. you're gonna die well before you can play them. couple that with the chance that one game you want to play will be hard to find, either cause of you not properly remembering (What's that one game you remember playing when you were young?) or it just straight up nonexistant on the internet. Just Accept that you'll never really finish your backlog & keep a steady pace playing games to the end.

There are more games now than there are words in the English language. The fact that I'll never get to play them all and then tell everybody online how shit they are leaves a very deep hollow feeling in mein soul.

"One does not finish the backlog, one adds more onto it because despite the current times games are totally rad, man"
-Confucius, quote taken before his death before the Ching Chong Ling Long feud war or some shit, Confucius' backlog remains unfinished, but his face was peaceful in death, knowing that he lived well.

Most of them are shovelware. It's silly to lump in flavor-of-the-month indie pixelshit and Unity scams into the same category as real games.

It seems you've given this a lot of thought.

I'll finish my backlog when I finish watching every movie ever made and read every book ever written.

trust me, I'm doing a bit and this was stream of conciousness improvisation.

But all of it sounds good to me, though, when you get down to it.

I doubt if it's even worth it. Getting more into /lit/ has made me realize that even if I did keep a backlog, coming back to games I've already played periodically is good for both a renewed perspective of the game, and coming at it with a different pair of eyes. But the point of a backlog runs opposite of this, since you're trying to crank through as many games as possible rather than beating the same games more than once.
Not that there's not games I want to beat that I'll play in the future, but I don't know if having a running log of everything I've wanted to play ever will be more effective than just picking shit up on a whim, previously played or not.

backlogs are work, and turning games into work defeats the point of games.

Games and how you experience them should be like a train of thought without a goddamned track. Play what you like, and don't pressure yourself.

Backlogs are the dark side of gaming, it never ends well, because it ends in burnout every time.

Oh but I'm not talking about mainstream trash, I'm talking about older games you never had the chance to play, either you didn't have the money at the time, and you forgot about it, or just didn't have the system to play it.
For example on gamecube on a pirated wii u I just played Killer7, and there's a bunch of other games I'm interested in, like Custom Robo. And I can also add on even more older systems with emulators.
Unless you don't give a fuck about video games, there will always be a games that pops up that you didn't play

Why are ball pythons so cute?

I've embraced the idea, and accepted that it will most likely happen. The only thing I can do is play games and finish as many as I can before my inevitable death unless I end up living forever for some reason

Did something finally happen with Scam Citizen?

It gets worse in my case since I have almost every indie bundle ever, so I gotta make judgement calls on what games are actually worth playing.

I'd rather die before it as it means that even if games have gotten worse there are still enough good games to last a lifetime.

Even if I played for the rest of my life I don't think I would even scratch the surface of playing every game I'm potentially interested in. Fucking depressing when I think about it.

Im 29 and have played literally everything i could be interested in. Everyday i consider giving up games for good, i have better shit to do with my time.

I'm worried I'll die unsatisfied. Fuck my backlog. I don't even enjoy vidya anymore.
I want to feel good.

benis