Play Lost World

What gives, Holla Forums? Don't you want Sega to carry over the good bits into the next game?

Lost World's movement feels so clumsy, like they didn't finish fleshing them out. Also, Sonic with a run button? What the fuck were they smoking?

Trying to cater to the "SANIC MOVES 2 FAST TO CONTROL" crowd

So they could make 3D Sonic more of a platformer than a quick-time event. Like 2D Sonic.

They could've have done this and it would have been infinitely better.

big
fat
bat
tats

No.
small
flat
cat
lats

Sonic doesn't need a fucking run button for that. Adventure's stages, when they focused on platforming, were just as much platformers as the 2D games.

Why do people constantly gush over this demo?

post the green alien chick

Sonic never needed a run button and it was more a chore than anything resembling a good idea, I held the button down the entire time.

Cause the movement mechanics are fun and the dude who made the demo said that the actual levels in Utopia's full release are going to be more streamlined.

Except there is an endpoint, did you not finish it?

But there is an end?

I genuenly love Sonic Lost world and Generation. Moral of the story is don't let other people inform your opinions.

No.
fox
babies

I think that, while I know this is a tech demo, what would make this work better is if the enemies were bigger.

With 3D movement and speed that fast, I never had any problems dealing with the enemies, so I think having some big Badniks would actually make them a legitimate obstacle.

I think part of the problem is that their behavior is too similar to the original 2D badniks. Crabmeat shooting two ways is dangerous in 2D, but not 3D.

Lost World would've been fun if Sonic didn't feel like he was moving through molasses.

Because it actually seems to understand the fundementals of what made 2D Sonic fun. Sega has never even managed to get that much right.

man, that's so stupid if that was actually the reason. fast is the only way it's fun. who even plays sonic for slow platforming? and why? there's better platformers if you're just into that.

All you need to do is add some collectables and Spyro 2 style movement challenges and it would be pretty solid.

sanic was never good

No.
cream
the
rabbit

Nah, maybe it seems to understand it somewhat, but it blows its wad across an unnecessary open world design with terrible level design. He's also got a base speed that's way too fast. It's almost like all the people talking about Sonic being about speed started playing the games with Adventure or Unleashed.

Like this retard. Good Sonic was never about pure speed. You only got to go top speed and maintain it when you knew the level. You didn't just hold a button to trigger boost and hand it to you.

Thank god both those threads are fucking dead.

post zeena lewds

The classic games aren't fun why do people like them so much? Is it the chibi artstyle? It can't be the gameplay. Honestly I had much more fun with Sa1,Sa2, Heroes, and Shadow than any of the classics or the newer games. Sadly after those 4 games, everything went to shit. 06 was supposed to be Sa3, it was supposed to be the magnum opus of Sonic Games, and it just failed so hard. I think because of this, Sonic Team is completely afraid to touch anything in the "sa3" area and it makes me sad.

I would even be happy for a Sonic 06 reboot/remake that replaces the engine altogether with the hedgehog engine, including replacing those mach sections entirely with regular boost gameplay, replacing the elise gameplay with normal gameplay, and overall fixing the technical problems with the game. I think if they were given more time they could salvage the game, and now we'll never know.

No

Aye, playing a game yourself is always the best way to know if something's trash, a guilty pleasure or a diamond in the rough.

It is the gameplay. It's the level design that rewards mastery and understanding. It's the adrenaline rush from nailing a sequence as quickly as possible. It's the satisfaction from setting a new record because you mastered the mechanics. Those things, combined with your standard platforming fare, have constantly set Sonic apart from its peers.

It's also the aesthetic behind it. It's a chill ride that you can wind down to while enjoying a fast pace. There's a reason Sonic has endured as a mascot despite so many failures.

It's a tech demo idiot. They're testing movement, not fucking level design.

going fast used to be a reward for good play, not the default state
sorry you don't like a little challenge with your fun

The ideas and engine of Lost World has potential, but it was underutilized.
Introducing levels to Sonic's speed is a great idea for a 3D environment, but it was never really used in a way where you'd really want to not hold the run button.

The parkour system is a great idea, it makes sense Sonic could do that, and it would add to his repetoire. The problem was how stiff, janky, and slow it was. You never really felt like you were flowing from one movement option to another, just that you were sort of rigidly transitioning from one animation to another.

The air control, however, is pretty good. There's real momentum, control, and weight, to Sonic's inertia in the air. The level of control is further compounded by being able to instantly mirror your momentum with the double jump.

Lost World's biggest problem is ultimately the level design. Imagine if you essentially retroactively added the ability to run up walls, based on how fast you hit them, into the old Genesis games. As well as the ability to round vertical to horizontal corners, upon running up them. You would basically add another level of exploration to the game, seeing as how you'd have a momentum based version of Knuckle's climbing mechanic, bequeathed to Sonic.

Lost World never goes to these heights, hell it barely goes to any heights previously established in Sonic games.
The level design is straight up, no joke, worse than Sonic Blast, in a lot of ways. And Sonic Blast is arguably one of the worst Sonic games ever made.
But even Sonic Blast's level were rarely literally 3 or 4 screens long and absolutely no branching paths whatsoever.
The same can't be said for Lost World's 2D levels.

The 3D levels are okay at best, as they're still very 2D in nature, all of them being straight shots on a straight line.

His work looks so weird without hyper cock/tits.

With Lost World it felt like they wanted to start over and make something like Mario Galaxy or Sonic Xtreme, even though most on the team didnt know Xtreme existed.

Got ya fam

test

That's better.

Sonic Adventure games are trash. Momentum and physics thrown out for scripted bullshit and gimmicks. Levels are mostly linear (no, sequence breaking doesn't count as alternate paths) in comparison to the classic games' sprawling, tiered levels that are tailored for different skill levels and provide incentive to master. Gay 10-minute-long badly-made cutscenes that aren't funny or interesting in the slightest outside of a few that are funny for the wrong reasons. Forces you to play broken and poorly thought-out alternate gameplay styles for well over half the experience, compare to classic games where the other characters played mostly the same as Sonic with a few twists.

Only things Adventure games did right were the ranking system (adds replay value) and the music, whose punk and hard rock influences contrast nicely with the R&B and funk influences of the classic titles. And Amy's redesign and Rouge if you're into that shit.

I just realized.

It were people of color who were butthurt over green eyes. They all have black ones.

Niggers didn't play video games until the PS1 was overloaded with FIFA and Madden shit. They wouldn't know Sonic.

They tried to make it so it's not a glorified QTE like the "Modern Sonic" games, but still make it easy to "go fast" to cater to the GOTTA GO FAST faggots.

They did. The games between Adventure and '06 did that. There were varying degrees of success, but when the level design was good, like Sonic Adventure 2, then it worked great. Much better translations of Classic Sonic into 3D than what we got after.

So you're gonna argue the Genesis games are the worst ones? Because they don't just have you hold a button to go fast, like every game after '06. In the originals, you have the ability to gain speed if you're good at the levels, but speed is your reward for getting good, it's not just handed to you.

Adventurefags probably wouldn't be saying that because they'd be mad that Unleashed and later added the run button. If anything, it's Sonic X's american theme song that did it.

Your gameplay criticisms apply to Adventure 1 much better than they do to Adventure 2. Except for the bit about alt characters. I do wish we'd get a 3D game that did alt characters like the old games. I'd say some characters in Adventure 1 have good movement, but the goals of their levels, like racing or hunting, change it too much. Sonic '06 is the only one that gives you 3D Knuckles in linear stages, and they could have been good if the game was finished, but it wasn't. Still a concept I wish they'd actually use though.

Darkspine Sonic has pretty much every Sonic related world record, and he's black.

First off let me say that I have more time with the game than this, I played the 3DS version to completion despite not liking it. Tried the HD version thiking it would be better and it didn't grip me at all because Lost World is shit tier all around. The mechanics are nothing new, its all just controlled in a weird as fuck, slow, shit way. The levels are some of the most boring shit imaginable. Grass levels, snow levels, desert levels, YAWN. All with forgetable music to boot; the only tracks I remember are the snowy waltz one and the first level. Bosses are so boring all I can recall is that the green one made my cock hard.

It's not "bad" but it sure as fuck isn't good and it's super boring and forgettable. A soulless experience right up there with the Biofag RPG I can't remember the name of.

tfw you always kill threads

I was hoping we'd have a Sonic General after awhile.

This is why you kill threads, you faggot.