Collectorfag Thread

I am thinking about getting an Atari Pong for its historical value but I have a strong itch its a massive waste of money

I got a posting error and my thread isn't in the catalog so this is my second attempt.

And the first one shows up. Fucking Jim

I have an Atari 2600 but the box that converts it's wackass signal to something I can use died. It gathers dust in my basement right now. Other than that, just an original Gameboy, a Pocket, and a Color too.

Honestly I couldn't care less about the hardware. I have a raspberry pi with RetroPi set up on my main TV if I want some retro gaming, but I mostly play PC anyway.

You mean the RF Modulator?

>spent the $35 on Laserdiscs
I think I'm trapped in the '90s.

That's the one. I never bothered looking into replacing it, it died over 10 years ago. I bet I could buy one of the fuckers off a Chinese site for $5 today but honestly I haven't even thought about my Atari for a long time. I paid $5 for it around 1999 at a garage sale. Got a bunch of games at another garage sale for $20, including E.T. (lol), Defender (legitimately good game actually), Combat, Air Sea Battle, and Donkey Kong, among others.

Even the RF switch for an NES, Master System, TurboGrafX 16, or Genesis 1 will work with the Atari 2600 or 7800. It's just RF that comes out via an RCA cable, rather than ending in the now-more-common RF over coaxial cable. You can either get an RCA to coaxial adapter, or just use one of the RF auto switches that came with the systems I mentioned in sentence 1, but for that option, you would need an RCA coupler.

I got a Twilight Princess DS cartage, no one bought it tho

Right now I'm working on my very first collection of Nintendo 64 games. Currently at 115/296. Most prized game in the collection right now is probably Conker's Bad Fur Day. Had a lot of great memories with that one. I also have a PS1/PS2 and a few of my favorites for that but not much.

Mainly collecting for Vita since really the only console I play right now, with general SEGA shit whenever it crops up. Considering looking at a Amiga or something soon, since games on it look comfy. Shame the accelerator cards are fucking expensive.

Prized shit is probably my Nomad with TFT and modded battery. Capacitors gone on it so audio is fucked right now though.

I own this ps2 with a RE4 design on top of it. I've also got the Wii fight stick for tatsunoko vs Capcom.

Sounds like it should be easy enough to get my hands on then.

RCA couplers, or coaxial/RCA adapters are in the realm of $almostfree on ebay, but it would take a few days for shipping. You can cheapass the fix by using a rubber band to couple two male RCA cables together, since it doesn't really matter which contact is signal and which is ground. If you have cables with exposed "ring" contacts, like old Atari plugs, you can touch one cable's tip to the outside of the other cable's ring, and if the cables have the same diameter connectors, you can band them together. See crude cave doodle for a bastard explanation.

I have a darkseed 2 disc.

I still have to get 2 of those Tats vs. Capcom sticks myself. Love that game.

Currently focusing my collecting on the Sega Saturn & GBA. Sexy Parodious is the title on the left (if you're into the Saturn get it before it rises even more in price). Got each GBA game complete for $20 (Final Fight One was $16 shipped, no everything but the game) except for Pinball of The Dead & Shaman King those were $30 complete.

Not bad on Kirby, but honestly you shouldn't have bothered with Tales of Phantasia. Even if you're a fan of the series, that version is an abominable frankensteining of a port, and the English script and voicing notably has issues ("Kangaroo War", for example). Much better idea to play the PS1 version with the fan-translation patch of your choosing, or wait for Absolute Zero to finish the NDX bundle for the PSP (though that's likely to be some years down the line).

Really though, boxed GBA games are sadly too expensive these days. Much easier and cheaper to get some old DS cases with the GBA slot and print some custom covers for them if you want to make storing them a bit nicer looking. Does require you to have a printer set up that's color synced properly, or know somewhere you can print from (some shops are leery of doing so under the idea of "aiding bootlegging").

Yeah, I agree boxed GBA games have risen a good amount in price lately. Luckily I have a good size collection with printed covers already. I picked up most of my loose games for cheap ($2-$5). I'm currently going after boxed games that I don't have.

Nothing fancy but just one of pictures that I have on hand since I'm at work. Looking to pick up a bunch of sound novels off of ebay near the end of the month: 月面のアヌビス、魔女たちの眠り、ざくろの味、弟切草、夜光虫

Kill yourself merchant.

Being this much of a mad nigger over an user trying to tell people who are interested in the game to get it before it goes up to the $100-&150 mark. People can tell who is (((who))).

tbh I hate nigger collectors like you in general, kind of like the people that destroy videogames to raise scarcity.

Don't you mean autistic hoarding?

This week i hit the motherfucking jackpot, got a Saturn and a Genesis complete with the 32X and SEGA CD both with a shitload of games for ~2-3 hundred bucks, so right now i'm trying to get games for it, but i also take time to pick up SNES shit, and the occasional PS3 game too.

Not pictured: Gradius 3, that's in the mail.

Almost forgot, how was your hauls week? Good, i hope.