Katamari

I'm playing through Katamari Forever currently and I played Damacy last week. Is We Love Katamari just as good, or better than Damacy?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/15500/The_Wonderful_End_of_the_World/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/various_artists_f2/塊フォルテッシモ魂__katamari_fortissimo_damacy_/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Better

It's exactly as this user says. Katamari Damacy is actually a retelling of the indo-aryan cosmogony. This is why you are transported around by the royal rainbow, the traditional symbol of the bridge between earth and divine.

You're a fag, fuck off back to Holla Forums or wherever you crawled out from

Are there more levels than in Damacy? That's definitely one thing the game lacked. Katamari Forever fixed this and I'm definitely enjoying it more thus far.

Oh man, I'm gonna have to emulate this shit tonight. Will we ever get another katamari? The most recent use of the franchise was a mobile game and I play itits not very good

Everlasting Love is the best song on the best Katamari. Prove me wrong.
You can't.

Angel Rain.

Who can roll up shit when that song is putting you to sleep? Everlasting love is THE song that makes you want to roll shit up. This is a solid second place contender though.

Disco☆Prince is the best

Breddy gud, I really enjoyed Lonely Rolling Star and the Katamari Stars track from Damacy

Fuck, I forgot about Disco Prince. That can be in the top 10. Along with Katamari on the swing.

I think it'd be cool if there was a multiplayer mode where a ton of players all started all over the map in small, seperate groups, slowly building up to a final showdown.

Cherry Tree Times definitely goes in the top 10.

so like agari.io but good?

damacy and we love are the first two and best two games
after we love katamari, the original creator of the game quit
theres also me and my katamari, which would be pretty good if it didnt give you carpal tunnel

theres also beautiful katamari for the 360, i havent played it before and I assume its on par with me and my katamari without carpal tunnel, if not better

katamari forever is a remix of the first two games and beautiful katamari, there are barely any original levels in that game, but at least you get to do we love katamari levels in eternal mode, and theres also drive mode after you beat the game too

theres many contenders for the best imo but thats not one of them
all of these are better:
roll me in
shabadoobie (me and my katamari collection-browsing music)
on the swing
on the rocks
mikiazo sayonara rolling star yuri's mixx(spelling)
bluffing damacy refreshed by GUIRO
blue orb
que sera sera
disco prince

must the music be exciting to you? can't it be otherwise enthralling or just relax you? theres more to it than excitement but the atmosphere set by both the music and the level as well

maybe someone could actually make a 3D katamari fangame for the PC with a level editor

this is the one whose spelling i wasn't sure of
its likely the best song in the game its played in

The Moon and the Prince, forever!

The game DOES give me a bit of a "goon" vibe, or something goons would like. It's still a good game regardless. The creator is also sort of anti corporate. Either ways, he feels more left than right leaning.
Someone WEBM this

Katamari Forever is really good so far, if there's one thing I don't like I'd say it's a handful of the remixes but even then most of the other tracks are Damacy tier

Angel's Flavor Present will always hold a special place in my heart.
Mostly because I got stuck on that level for several years

There was a mode on we love katamari or me and my katamari where it was just that, but limited to either 2 or 4 player split screen.
new katamari never ever
sage for double post

How?

Upon watching and seeing that the most recent katamari activity is a mobile game, I think it's for the best. After all, damacy and the others have aged like fine wines anyway.

never underestimate mental retardation
I didn't realize that there was a ramp where you could go up, and every time I got to the size that I could I would run out of time, until I figured it out 4 years later
The rest of the game was easy as fuck in comparison.

The newer songs will never beat the original's.

Why have I never seen that before?

I got stuck on that level for an hour or so myself.

You don't want a modernized Katamari game. Unless you want an unfinished, unpolished turd with micro-transactions, an in game store, Season Pass, on disc-DLC, and just to pour salt in the wound they would most likely put shitty music in the game. I'm fine with 3 great games tbh.

How the fuck does such a song exist on a video game? This has always been some next level divine shit that will make you incapable of thinking straight for a while after you've heard it.

This series has been in my backlog for like 5 years now. I seriously need to get around to playing at least the first.

download pcsx2 and damacy right now and play it.

Well there was this a few years ago
store.steampowered.com/app/15500/The_Wonderful_End_of_the_World/

That looks more like a better knack. Also it's just not the same without prince, the king, the music, and the art style.

Danketsu

I converted the video this morning and forgot to upload.

Forget Senrans, this is the true lord and master. Shame the game's kinda meh compared to other instalments.

Does PCSX2 support the video cutscenes yet? Otherwise forget about it. The Jap version got released on PS3, but it doesn't have the Wanda Wanda song!

PCSX2 supports the entire game, there are some audio issues with default settings though, you have to change the synchronizing mode or some shit

THE BABY UNIVEEEEERSE
THE UNIVEEEEEEERSE

Thanks

Is there any way I can play Damacy on a toaster? And if there is what's your preferred/recommended emulation method for the best quality you can get?

I don't think the game is too taxing. Why not just try it? It's not like you're paying for it.

I run a 6 year old laptop because my PC fucking fried a few months back and I'm saving up for new parts. If you think it can handle less than 4GB of ram and have a consistent frame rate I'll take that advice but I want my first experience with the game to be without any hiccups because I genuinely want to play it

It's a cookie clicker game

this is all you really need to know. The games done without the original creator are okay, but they don't recapture the magic of the first two. You're best off just playing them again.

because picopop exists i guess rateyourmusic.com/release/album/various_artists_f2/塊フォルテッシモ魂__katamari_fortissimo_damacy_/

That game was really bad, they didn't get the physics right, so if you got too big shit just got super awkward and even just normal rolling would break your ball.