Specs Thread

On the upside I heard Ryzen is a monster. can't wait.
Please rate my Toaster

What good games can't you run with that set up? Also Win 7 is fine, don't fuck with 10.

If you only care about AAA trash.

How will we play in the future though? Microshit will stop supporting windows 7 eventually

Win10 is fine, just get Ancile and you're done. If you aren't already using Ancile for Win7, I don't even know why you'd be assmad about 10 when 7 is packed to the brim with just as much telemetry that needs to be manually disabled. Also is right in that outside of PS2/GC emulation, you can already play every good game worth playing with that setup.

Microshaft already did I believe. But game companies will still add 7 compatibility, the only real wall will be DX 12.

Nice try shill

Get Linux, faggot. You can already play a couple DX11 games on Wine and the open source AMD graphics drivers are improving quickly. There's a couple shoddy ports here and there, but right now Linux is easily your best option for Ryzen gaming and it's only going to get better as Wine and graphics drivers evolve.

Get 7 or 8.1, don't fall for the Microsoft support meme. You can get modern games running on XP with a lot of hackiness.

windows 10 is shit and you shouldn't get it.

You think games will eventually only use DX12? I honestly might just get Linux if Wine can still play games. I hear it can be tedious setting it up. Luckily, Civilization and mankind Divided are shit so I don't care about those

ew a jew, shoo shoo

From what I've seen in benchmarks, Ryzen 5 is practical for gaming and really competitive with Intel processors around the same price while 7 is more for artfags and developers who benefit more from having fucktons of threads.

If DX12 ever gets mainstream enough, we'll probably see some DX12 to Vulkan compatibility layer. You're not missing out on much in the meantime.

It has worse single core performance than my i5 6500. Games aren't that CPU intensive in the first place unless you are emulating in which case single core performance is the king which is lacking severely in every Ryzen CPU.

What is Ryzen.

Yep, high STP with 4 cores has you covered for all vidya top to bottom. I wish it wasn't the case, since Intel could really use some competition in that arena, but Ryzen shits the bed in that department.

I'm good until then, and I'll start using Linux which will be even more streamlined and supported then.

Ryzen works with Windows 7.

It ran Dark Souls 3 at 2x FOV, 1920x1080, Max settings.
I've got no complaints and I don't play many recent games anyways.

Costed me $900 Canadian, including shipping and taxes which is a pretty good deal I'd say.
Would have waited for Ryzen but I bought this stuff in March and Ryzen 3 wasn't gonna come out for at least half a year.

Plz rate my garbage build.