Xenoblade

This game is such a fucking chore, I must be missing something here but I am not having any fun. This Xord guy keeps defeating me and honestly, the godawful combat is about to make me drop this one.

anyway

BORN IN A WORLD OF STRIFE

To be fair, Xord is probably the hardest part of the game because it expects you to fully grasp the battle system and have an understanding of commands. You barely have to consider what your allies are doing before then.

OP, if you're having trouble with that fight I recommend changing control to Sharla. You need to be VERY conservative in that fight.

AGAINST THE ODDS

Xord…is that the fight at the bottom of the Ether Mines? Where you have Shulk, Reyn, and Sharla?

My suggestion would be to save your Monado gauge for Enchant and Shield. You want Enchant because otherwise Reyn's going to lose aggro for lack of damage, and Shield is obvious (just remember that Shield has a timer, so it should only be used as Xord is using a skill. It lasts something like 10 seconds: if Xord doesn't use a skill in that time, you've just wasted your Monado gauge). Also, time your skills properly. You gain Talent gauge through auto-attacks, so if you keep using skills haphazardly you'll seriously hamper how many Monado skills you can use. Use skills right after an auto attack lands for the optimum gauge building.

Last, Break status your friend. Reyn will almost always follow up on Break with his Topple skill. Use whatever skills you have that cause Break as often as you can.

WE CHOOSE TO FIGHT

xord stoned walled a lot of fags. I just grinded a little bit and hit it again.
I need to beat this game still, I'm close to the end fighting at the heart of the bionis
I can't kill it. This game was really good though, xenoblade x was such a let down after this game.

the grind can get tedious at times. I'm going to assume you aren't doing the side quests, otherwise Xord would have been easy for you to handle by then. If you ever want to beat this game, sidequests aren't necessary, but you should attack basically every enemy you see on your way to the next objective to make sure you are always properly leveled and stand a chance. also Riki is best heropon

BLOSSOM DANCE

Yeah it's a trash game. It's basically an offline MMORPG. Gay auto attack + macros combat will always be lowest tier shit.

This. The game throws so much XP at you that grinding or going for 100% removes any difficulty. Honestly the reason I stopped my 100% run. It just wasn't as fun.

Topple is a bitch. Morale is also pretty relevant during the fight.

You know those obligatory useless status effect abilities? They're gamebreakers against non boss enemies(where they actually work). As soon as sharla gets headshot, go find something that outlevels you by about 5-10. Grind will never be a problem again

yo, ditch Sharla as soon as you can. damage output is much more important than health in the game. either you can tank it, or you're fucked.

ideal party is Dunban, Riki and Shulk for Mechon.

btw the mechon system is fucking dumb and hopefully Xenoblade 2 lets you have the freedom to not use muh nado.

Tanya Posters.gif

i mean for the Xord fight heal to keep Shulk and Ryen from dying, but the game is more focused on damage output and removing enemies and weaking damage input then a traditional JRPG, also placement is important when using status effects, try to take advantage of Dizzy and shit.

YO, WHEN'S XENOGEARS?!

ALVIS IS THE KILLER

19 years ago.

It is Arubisu

Can someone explain to me how 5 to 10 seconds of the enemy being incapacitated suddenly makes bosses that can two shot your tank and take multiple high combo party attacks without even getting scratched easy?
I seriously believe that everyone who finds this game easy just loved it so much they were inevitably equally or over-levelled against every enemy from completing sidequests. Just about every story boss in the game so has been completely unwinnable when playing normally for me, but I've managed to get through most of them by playing manually as sharla so I don't get wiped in under 20 seconds. If you like the sidequests and enjoy going through them that's fine, but if you're not really that interested in them spending an hour or two playing fetch and hunt quests so that a boss takes 30 seconds instead of 3 minutes doesn't actually make clearing the boss any faster, but I keep hearing that even if you do no sidequests and run past enemies you can still kill every boss ez pz because topple stun.

I ran half the game with Shulk in an auto-attack damage build, and Melia and Sharla both in healing builds. I was fucking invincible with all that healing and with enough Str Up/attack minimum crystals Shulk hits like a goddamned truck for every auto. Healing is fine.

It's definitely true that abusing topple and daze is crucial to a lot of fights. You can get by doing neither, but Mechon bosses especially can be real pains in the ass if you're not keeping them toppled every chance you get.

Gem agility. I played tank+dps+healer and fights took fighting forever.

Still the best RPG of the past generation.

how
I remember him but don't remember having an issue with the fight

Xenoblade X has better gameplay, anyway. Just don't give Nintendo any money for it

Remember that Sharla is the TRUE best Xenoblade girl and anyone who said she's not is a faggot with shit taste.

That's not how you spell Reyn.

Stun -→ Topple this isn't rocket science.

For a game with such an animu soundtrack, Xenoblade really knocks its score out of the park.

no thanks I'll stick with Melia

I finished game and it has boring characters, battle system. Every time I see games praised by journos and westerners I know something wrong with it and it pander to them just like gaytlus games and especially persona series. Really pissed with vanillaware next game art since dragon's crown was really good. Drop game it's not worth it finished it and had no fun at all.

Half of you faggots probably didn't even play half the game with Dunban as your main character.

He's the best character to play as if you know what you're doing.

Yea, I stopped halfway (2 years ago) when I got to the point with the Queen girl's homeland, doing some trial for her and going to that flying prison island.

Game's a literal meme epitome of jrpg's, go here, walk through this "big" zone with optional (((fun))) TEXT lore KILL X quests, if not questing, watch mainstory cutscene #530 and keep calm, press A. Sure the scenery is wonderful and unique, with an above average soundtrack, but everything else is bland.

this user speaks the truth

Play Xenoblade X instead.
It's a much better game.

I can't wait to hear the Xenoblade 2 soundtrack.

t. nigger

Reminder that there was a man autistic enough to 100% this fucking game, and document every single quest in his playthrough.
And that is a fucking example of putting your autism to good use right there.

The true challenge of this game is not the bosses, but the crushing boredom that permeates the majority of the game. The occasional tricky boss fight is a highlight compared to the hours of wandering around fuckhuge maps and trying not to aggro 3 mobs at once.

You know how I know you didn't play this game, let alone beat it?

The game is too much work for what it's worth, I like the game and I admit that whole heartedly. At least Star Ocean started to become difficult after you beat the game, but Xenoblade just isn't built right so I used cheats for invincibility. That way I can just keep walloping guys instead of constantly having to dick around after fights to heal.

I'll never play it again because of this, and might not even emu the sequel if I hear it's the same. Fights had to be quicker and easier to get over boredom, or fewer. Fighting a level 4 enemies at level 32 should kill them, but no it's still 5 hits so a swarm takes a minute and you'll still take damage.

Drop it then. You're not enjoying it and it's not like it suddenly gets really awesome later on. Actually the writing gets worse the more you play.