Absolver: custom character fighting game

Is Holla Forums interested in absolver? There was a new trailer released recently that goes through the basics of the game and gave a release date. I think it looks neat and i hope that it isn't as bad as for honor.

Latest trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=LUk21YyjlAs

Also looking forward to the fashion threads.

this is going to be the hailed as the next dark-souls-of-whatever isn' it ?

I have already seen a (((gamer))) magazine calling it the darksouls of kungfu.

Can you go away, shill?

Wow!
TWO threads shilling this game!
Good job!

wth. I ctrl+f for absolver before making this thread. Literally never lucky.

sure you did

Oh wait, that one was by me. It gave me i accidentally posted before i was done with creating the thread and apparently didn't cancel fast enough.

Fuck you. It's the exact same post except you added more stuff in this thread to shill harder.

I explained it in , i just fucked up. If you tell me how to remove it i will do it asap.

nice one

Gameplay kinda reminds me of Jade Empire.

You can't. Which is a good thing so we can filter you off from existence.

(((PURE COINCIDENCE)))
You even changed the fucking image, so you know damn well you're shilling.

Filtering you, tbh.

There i deleted it, perhaps you shouldn't be so quick to call someone a newfag :^)

Actually there wasn't an image in the first thread i accidently posted it with only the youtube video forgetting the webm and 2 images so i deleted that thread after making this one.

now post dick with timestamp OP
a shill wouldn't post his dick

Nope, you're still one.

I saw the first trailer a while back. Looked kinda neat. Like a 3D fighting game, but you make your own character out of different moves and shit.

I can't be arsed opening this new trailer, but I think the original trailer showed you fighting two or three guys at once, so that sounds like a stylish kind of game.

I know, but I have to nitpick to bully :^)

Im in a public place, and i am also ashamed of it's size.

So uh, are we talking about the game now, or are we screaming about jews? I'm not sure which way this threads going.

how can we talk about the game when it isn't out yet?

You're a filthy phoneposter, aren't you?
Or worse yet a school poster.

Both, obviously.

Stalking for time till we backtrace his posts for his location.

We could always nitpick about things we can see in trailers, the 3 styles they show in the latest seem to just be the same thing so i don't see why they even bothered making it like that. Perhaps parry is harder than the other 2 to pull of but gives a better opening or something.

Laptop during class

so webm the trailer, don't plan on giving IGN views

Same way we talked about Automata before it released, as well as MGSV?

I don't think that's possible.

I didn't realize we were part of an episode of CSI.

Il get on that when i get home.

It looks good the same way For Honor looked good in the trailers.

Could be one-dimensional as fuck. I'm hoping for the best.

I'm kinda looking forward to a game where I can punch the shit out of dudes and have it not be some kind of sub-optimal afterthought playstyle.

The reason for honor was so one dimensional was because they made defensive pnay so op that the one who committed to an attack first lost. Aslong as this doesn't do that it should be atleast a little better.

Yeah, there aren't enough games that let you put on brass knuckles or some other type of hand weapon and just smash someones jaw in. I'm hoping for some good stalf combat, maybe tonfas. Not enough games use alternative weapon types anymore.

dubs thread?

Check mine!

OP here, if dubs you have to discuss the game.

If I get dubs it means your game sucks nigger cock

For me, fists, staves, and short spears that never seem to get the appreciation they deserve. I want a game where I can go full Balsa on someone.

Get out after checking this one

checked

This game will be the other way around, the weapons are the afterthought
From what I've seen they're just shitty slight powerups that can be disarmed and picked up

Yup, and unlike using fists, every weapon has only 1 moveset so it should only be whipped out mid combat to throw off your oponent.

I'm not interested unless this game has spears and spear techniques.

It has spears, but weapons have a less diverse moveset but more range and damage.

Our dream remains a dream, spearbro.

Wasnt enough action in that anime. And balsa never actually killed anyone.

That's too bad, was hoping for different weapons and styles, bit like Way of The Samurai. Sounds like it's going to have fighting similar to Sleeping Dogs

Way of The Samurai 4 lets you use spears, and different spear styles which changes your moves, combos and animations.

I want to be interested in this game, because the stuff shown in the trailers is cool (on their own.)

two big things that are bothering me, are the fact that the "abilities" shown in the posted trailer, all effectively do the same thing, except for the super armor one, which heals you

also, if ALL the moves chain and flow with eachother, then what is the point of earning new ones? why would i choose a right hook over a roundhouse if they both combo? damage? frame advantage? how deep into fighting game territory are we going to go?

my nihilism kicks in the more i think about how the game will play out in practice, but i'm definitely watching for the release

Well ain't that a dealbreaker

And all that spinny shit. I can't wait for someone to chain up one two punches, straight kicks, push kicks, low kicks and side kicks and rekt everyone else because everyone else wants to add spinny shit.

Inb4 the basic moves of martial arts gets nerfed.

For that combo system to work in a multiplayer game, all the moves have to be basically the same in terms of overall usefulness
I mean, they haven't really gotten into how the specific moves work, but I can't imagine any other way they could do it

I was excited for this at first, but the more I think about it the more it seems likely to end up being shit

Mr. (1) your opinion doesn't matter because the thread and game have already been confirmed to be shit.

Shitposter-kun if you're going to dubpost at least sage.

I skimmed the 29 minute gameplay video. The slower moves have guard break in them. There's a key you can hold down to guard at the expense of stamina so the earlier special guards are just part of it.

Also from the video there doesn't seem to be repercussions from spamming superguard. This game is destined to fail if they don't even have one person from the fighting game community onboard.

Forgot to embed. A clear demonstration of pvp is at 14.15

Talking about anything new and not already gone over to death is forbidden.

Monster Hunter.
It looks like a Yian Kut Ku emblem to me.

So it's like God Hand, only with "modern" game design in it. How many perk trees do you get?

Wrong, it's like God Hand but multiplayer
Meaning it will likely either be horribly unbalanced or boring as shit

I feel the same way, i singed up for the beta for just that reason.

I did spill spaghetti pretty hard but i never pretended to be a shill.

There are no perk trees.

Id prefer horribly unbalanced to being boring,

You do know that's not vodka, right?

You do realize that image is meant to be a joke, right?

So this is just a worse graphics Overgrowth?

That makes me think of Kengo and has me slightly interested.

This looks great but let's be honest: there will be a meta behind this.
Few exceptions will be wackos doing crazy shit for giggles but if you actually want to win you'll have to follow some strict meta, so in this regard "costumization" will not really that big of a deal.

Whose Tits are these? I never found out back when the image came out back in 2004 and over 10 years later I still have no fucking clue to this day.

The game also looks very cool IMO, MUGEN is just too stock and shock for me. Not enough custom fighter makers either.. Terrible times.

Wendy Fiore

Thanks fam.. Have a bump for the thread

I doubt anyone working on the game will bother with balancing it a month after release. Too busy with DLC.

As far as I can tell, this isn't really fighting games, but a third person brawler with PvP. Not to say it won't be fun, but this is more like For Honor or Dark Souls than something like Virtua Fighter or Tekken.

Fighting game nigger oldfag.

Have some questions:
Is this a single player or PvP focused game?

if single player, is ok for an action rpg.

Having said that, if PvP game:
Sounds like a basic tekken game with soul calibur movement, but more shit.
Does it have lows and high attacks?

What RPS is the game designed on?
The combo system seems pretty basic with no deep, the styles seems basic compared to a real 3D fighter.

In anything, is a very shallow 3D fighter, not impressed.

What are the minimal requeriments of PC to play.
Also, when is released.

Sounds like fun game, but I don't see it on EVO.

Also DMC has better 3D combat.

Wheres the grappling

This game reminds me of godhand for some reason.

The move-customization reminds me of God Hand

So lots of these games are coming g out lately like this one and For Honor, but there's a bit of a problem, people like OP keep calling them fighting games.

Let's be clear, games like these are NOT fighting games. I get that you do fighting in them, but "fighting games" are an established genre with rules and are based primarily around games you'd find in the arcades of the 90s.

These games are not like those games. They need to be called something else, like "online PvP combat sims" or something.

Not really a fan of 3D fighters, but it seems like it's got potential. Hopefully all these customization options aren't gonna be wasted on a game where you can just button mash your way to victory.

Custom moves definitely has a God Hand feel to it, but it has the heavy moves and one on one combat that Dark Souls (maybe more like Bloodborne now that I think about it), Nioh and For Honor have made their name off of.