Sonic Mania

I hope these areas aren't part of the main game and are only unlocked after you pass it. They just don't seem as sharp/crisp as I remember them being.
Everything looks smoothed out, yet at the same time somewhat unpolished, including the gameplay and it bothers me.

I hope they make knuckles bounce up with the electrical shield by pressing "R", "X" or something. I see no reason not to do it. Since mapping a shield bounce to the "Jump" button will be too intrusive, knowing its also the glide button when pressed twice.

I'm still glad we're getting this. I pray they get very creative with the new levels that haven't been revealed yet.

Would it have killed them to remake the 8-bit ones instead of the same fucking 16-bit shit over and over? Sunset Park in Mania would be great, but never ever.

That video triggered my nostalgia, good job.
This shit comes for PC right?

Yep, all platforms except Wii U

Day one pirate tbh.

Hipsters gotta hipster, son.

I never really liked the 2D Sonic games. I am really shit at playing the levels for the first time, and I don't really feel the need to go back to complete them for a faster time once I've learnt the course.
3D games are fun, and I'll defend most of the abortions they've made over the years to some extent.

You don't need to learn levels in genesis/gba sonic games, you just need to git gud.
3D sonics are literally press forward to go fast: the game.

Would it have killed them not to include ANY rehashes and just make a brand new fucking game?

I hope sonic forces has some actual edgy music

They give you exactly what you always wanted, and your response is "hmmm. Doesn't look as smooth as I remember". It's time to admit Sonic's gameplay was never all that, and the series got by primarily by having great music and cool visuals.

Except that wasn't my response at all and you're a jackass.

Sonic is first and foremost a platformer where you get rewarded for doing well with speed. If you didn't find Sonic's gameplay to be "all that" then maybe you just need to accept you don't like platformers to begin with.

Sonic is every bit as fun and engaging as Mario with lots of different routes to take through the levels, fun gimmicks and platforming challenges, and secrets/rewards to find. It's fine if you don't like platformers but don't try to spin your distaste for the genre as there being something wrong with the games themselves, because the games are fine.

I like platformers. Not go fast exploration games.

Possibly

what the fuck. this might be a good game

Except that having secondary shield abilities is Sonic's shtick. Do you think Knuckles should be able to fly like Tails, too?

Bonus stages seem to be back, which I like.

Still pissed that shield abilities and the insta-shield have been overwritten by the mostly-redundant drop dash.

But it's fucking knuckles. It would be cool as dicks to have knuckles do an upward screw attack and fly temporarily. They could implement so many new abilities that they couldn't before, slowly unlocking then throughout levels and making the gameplay become more varied, intuitive and fun

wait hold the fuck up whoa what
one of those ring boxes were blue, what the fuck

Go play sonic adventure games. I am glad chaotix knuckles is back.

Too bad the fucking thing ate batteries like Mark the kike eats cake.

But I want it in 2D

It's from Chaotix. If you lose your rings after hitting it, they'll drop as one bigger ring instead of scattering about.

How dare you.

Sonic 4 as you truly imagined it

They REALLY, REALLY wasted the number.

Play Tails' Adventure.

Play Knuckles' Emerald Hunt.

Hype is a mistake, kids.

These are good options, but I wanted them implemented into Mania.

Maybe there'll be Sonic Mania mods like the Sonic romhacks we have now.

That would be really cool

Please tell me Cream is in this game.

Maybe for Forces but certainly not for Mania

Mania clings onto the days of 16/32-bit gaming. I want a brand new sonic game that is stylized like Jet Set Radio, stylized and sharp.

Huh?

Well Mania IS a 2D Sonic game so what more do you expect in terms of evolution?

"Huh" to you buddy. What you said didn't make sense.

I mean after this one. Mania is fine as a "New Super Mario Bros" type deal where he goes back to his roots

Sonic Rush

I NEED MORE!!!

Sonic Rush Adventure

Was that in S&K before?

Nope. The only instance of reverse gravity was in Death Egg.

I wouldn't mind if they were entirely a plot device at this point.

Isn't that just because Sonic has residual energy from the chaos emeralds or something? Same reason he had the insta-shield thing in 3.

I took some comparison screenshots.

The classic games aren't fun why do people like them so much? Is it the chibi artstyle? It can't be the gameplay. Honestly I had much more fun with Sa1,Sa2, Heroes, and Shadow than any of the classics. Sadly after those games, everything went to shit. 06 was supposed to be Sa3, it was supposed to be the magnum opus of Sonic Games, and it just failed so hard. I think because of this, Sonic Team is completely afraid to touch anything in the "sa3" area and it makes me sad.

I would even be happy for a Sonic 06 reboot/remake that replaces the engine altogether with the hedgehog engine, including replacing those mach sections entirely with regular boost gameplay, replacing the elise gameplay with normal gameplay, and overall fixing the technical problems with the game. I think if they were given more time they could salvage the game, and now we'll never know.

Why not? They're momentum-based platformers with in-depth physics programming and lots of alternate level paths. I like 'em a lot.

They aren't canon because they were basically like a mod. S3K together is not a canon game in the first place.

Yeah, well that's just like, your opinion, man.

I count 3 at best, and they only exist to act as a rating of skill with game, eg. if you do well you're on the top path, if you do poorly you're on the bottom path, if you're bad, you fell in a pit on the bottom path. The Exploration angle never made sense to me since very often the lower paths will very often prevent you from going backwards, preventing you from exploring or taking an alternate route. The only game that can claim to have decent exploration is Sonic CD and even then, Sonic's limited vertical movement options prevent you from exploring most acts.

I'l just tell you to fuck off. You are either baiting or have a really shitty taste.

My ears.