Master System Thread

What are some good games for this system? Has chart user made one?
Is there a way to install an fm chip into my power base converter?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_gun_games#Sega_Master_System
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There's a flashcart that includes OPLL sound functionality.

There may be a way but I'm a lazy faggot and just bought a PowerBase Mini FM

I'd like to know as well since I have an emulator on my Wii U for it

Fist of the nor….I mean blackbelt

One of the best has already been made which is Wonderboy The Dragon's Trap.

This 2015 homebrew of Bruce Lee looks pretty fucking sweet though, looks like it could be one of the best, if not thee best version of the game.

That one was fun.
Let's see what else.

Penguin Land was some good shit but it's better with two players to fuck with eachother with bullshit custom levels.

Holy crap who thought that was a good idea?

-_-

Start is on the console. In Japan people played super close to their console, as evidenced by the connected and small controller cables on the Famicom.

the master system was a bit underpowered, but it has an interesting quality to its visuals and the sound too. I'd like to get into it more. Sega is my favorite console manufacturer.

the stick can be removed.

Reminder that the japanese Master System got an FM chip addon that heavily improved the sound and even some western only games were compatible with it for some reason. Now imagine playing Phantasy Star with FM sound AND the re-translation patch, NES blown the fuck out. Actually don't imagine that, just do it. Genesis Plus GX supports FM sound and Sonic 1 MS has a hackrom with FM sound too.

It was the 80's, manufacturers had no fucking idea what worked until Nintendo came up with the D-Pad. The one you see on the SMS controller is trying to bastardise an arcade stick like other joysticks did in the day.

This Epyx controller is the same design I had for my ZX Spectrum. It was either that or keyboard and this was a time before keyboard was standardised.

You were a speccy kid? Lol, C64 master race reporting in.

I'm a Brit from the 80's, that computer was king in the UK. Later I had a C128. Impossible Mission was such a great game for that system.

C128 had the best version of Elite, too.

I can recommend Wonder Boy The Dragon's Trap, Sonic 1, 2 and Chaos, and believe it or not, most Disney games, including Donald Duck Lucky Dime Caper, Castle of Illusion which is arguably better than the Genesis version and the best of them all, Land of Illusion.
Oh, and Jurassic Park was pretty good too.
There are many more of course but I think these are the ones you should really bother with.

Remember, if there's a game gear version of these games, don't play them over the master system, despite what people tell you. They are inferior in every way.

I will say this the C64 version of Dan Dare sucks. ZX Spectrum version is superior IMO.

So why did this system do so well in Brazil?

hue knows
brown spic.jpg

well, i'm genuinely curious.

Tec Toy had and still has SEGA licenses to produce the consoles in Brazil so they were cheap and easy to market.

Kensaiden
Thunder Blade
Aztec Adventures
Phantasy Star
Double Dragon
Hang On
Safari Hunt
Choplifter

Oh, and Shinobi

NES was better

Can't believe nobody has said Ninja Gaiden.

That Donald Duck game.

this and import tarrifs combined to make it the one affordable system for many years, yeah.

Have you had a look at spectrum games from the last few years? I really enjoyed lumascii and some demakes. I've just made a start on Castlevania: Spectral Interlude.
The main console emulators for wii all had light gun support via wiimote so these are good for a laugh en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_gun_games#Sega_Master_System

I remember having a blast with Asterix
that game looked great and was a fun platformer.