Chart/infograph Thread

I could always use more of these or updated versions of old charts.

>Journey aesthetically nice and good controls, but not much game to prop them up
>Anachronox should not be under JRPG
The chart looks alright aside from these, I'm surprised they made it in at all.

I can always go and edit it a bit more if needed, there's some holes that need filled anyway. Journey, TNO, MK8 and Ratchet & Clank were already on the original chart and all, they can be removed particularly if replacements can be thought up.
Underrated game, in my opinion, though personally I preferred the first one.
JRPG is not a geographic label user. If anything the three Souls games should be moved out of JRPG and perhaps new aRPG and cRPG categories should be set up with WRPG removed entirely (essentially do for RPGs what was done with RTS/RTT between the two charts) but I don't have the autism to bother with that right now. Someone else is free to take a shot at it.

No one uses charts anymore, unless they're instructions to install old games and mods.

I haven't played the first game, but the second was a muddy brown mess with some incredible framedrops on the PS3.

I'll swap them then. Give me ~15 mins to mess with some shit on the chart.

As it should be, good post user.

I take no credit for that call user, someone else suggested its position.
While I'm at it some questions:
Either of the Styx games for Stealth Games? What about Tenchu? Mark of the Ninja?
What to add to sports games? If you faggots don't give me suggestions I'll put fucking Disney Skate Extreme in there.
Is there a game I can dump in 3D platformers to fit Gex in? Gex 2 or 3?
What Puzzle games are good ideas? Should I stick in one of the Lemmings games or Spacechem or something?

All charts do is inhibit discussion. Most of them are outdated or have superfluous or in some cases outright wrong information. And if you try to fix it people like chart user never do shit about it.

Oh and what category does picrelated fit in? It's not strictly speaking a Third Person Shooter so I suppose Action Adventure.

I find they cause arguments, which is a sort of discussion. Also infographs are wildly useful to prevent people having to answer the same question every bloody thread, that gets old fast (see: STALKER threads).
It's the work of 5-10 minutes to open up a chart in even something as basic as paint and fix it user. Simply complaining, however, does not fix anything.
I am not chart-user but I've offered to fix one chart in this very thread, I also intend to go help /k/ fix the /k/-anime chart they like to bitch about. Make any suggestions you want and I'll do my best to fix them (or wait for someone more competent to come do it).

It's discussion that leads to nowhere, because no one can come to a definitive agreement on what belongs on a chart. It's arguing leading to nothing.

Which I've done, specifically the SNES games charts which has objectively shitty ports on it that have business being on there. And don't get me started on the "Recommended PC games" chart that shit like the IBM PC port of Golden Axe. Anytime I bring these problems up or adjust the chart, it falls on deaf ears because most of Holla Forums are normalfags who can't find anything on their own.

**that have no business being on there

oops

Infinite arguing on what are the best games of a certain genre more or less defines Holla Forums, charts simply spark such arguments with the extra addition 'best and belong on a chart'. Remove the arguing about vidya from Holla Forums and all you've got left are generals and fucking thinly-disguised waifu threads.
Post the modified version ITT, I'd like to get a hold of it. Remember always that the vast majority of anons in a given thread are lurking, not posting.
Perhaps but consider this: anons are going to post charts anyway. If you cannot stop this improving them in even a small way cannot hurt. I mean the original Holla Forums chart here had fucking Undertale and Bioshock in it (to name but two flaws). If modifying it gets a few anons to broaden their horizons then it's worth the hassle of a few minutes image-editing.
One of these days I'm going to try and get anons to contribute to a new RTS chart. If anything needs fixing it's that.

Also I didn't see a suggestion so I'm adding Disney Skate Extreme.

Well here's my SNES chart from September that no one bothered to use, as the one made by chart user probably has been expanded further with even more useless games. I mostly removed shitty SNK ports that any toaster can play in MAME nowadays.

And here's my autistic screeching about the PC chart, because that monstrosity needs to be redone from the ground up.

Yes, chart inflation is probably the biggest issue (I'd bring up the RTS chart again, given how large it's gotten to.

The problem with that chart is a split personality: is it just trying to cover historically significant games (and does it measure that by sheer popularity or influence on other video games)? Is it instead a collection of recommended video games from those years? If the former then ME2 makes sense but the inclusion of games like Full Throttle or Evil Genius does not (whatever their merits they were neither influential nor popular), if it's the latter then obviously the inclusion of shit like Spore is nonsensical. What it needs is a simple set of rules to follow/a defined goal and really it should be split into two charts.
You'll still get a better response if you go and start making your own chart/edit the original chart instead of simply pointing out flaws though, that's just how these things work.

That's a pretty accurate description

The color scheme makes it unattractive and not as easy on the eyes as other charts. A white background is good, or maybe something else. Gray (or maybe its something else) makes it feel crowded as fuck.

I'm looking for the Iceberg chart with the vidya music on it.