pastebin.com/stLT1bVc

randomcountry.gbasood.net/

This Day in History, May 11th

Other urls found in this thread:

extended-timeline.wikia.com/wiki/Religions
github.com/settintotrieste/Victoria-2-Cold-War-Enhancement-Mod-CWE/releases
github.com/simsulla/nwomod/issues/356
twitter.com/AnonBabble

And, as soon as wiz made a post saying "oops" , all the anger in the forums and reddit evaporated.

At this point it's like watching an abusive relationship. Mostly because it is.

I did this finally, it took me occupying Austria for 5 years for them the drop from great power status.
France keeps declaring war on me, and my infamy is too high to take more colonies or states. My colonial points are also way too low to do what I planned to do from the start, which was take all of Africa.
I have Southern Madagascar, Iceland and Greenland, that piece of Panama, part of Sokoto, part of Morocco, part of Ghana, part of Ethiopia, part of Zanzibar, Palestine, Sinai, and Upper Egypt. I had taken Papua New Guinea from the Dutch, but was peeved when I found out that there is no way to reach the uncolonized parts New Zealand without taking part of the British Empire, and so reloaded.

Also NWO crashes whenever I try to start a game. As in after I choose a country and click start.

Nice Germaniblob
Disgusting. R8 my Germaniumblob

You have no idea whats the goal of this game, do you?

Eh not my problem.

Look at the date buddy, this game was nearly 2 years ago. But it does amuse me that blobbing triggers autists like yourself that much.

Best Germany is Grossdeutschland with the Low Countries annexed, P*land annexed, Switzerland annexed, and Hungary, Ukraine, Belarus, and the UBP either satellites or at least sphered.

wot

this user is right. It's always your problem. Remove dirty smell turk.

Gooks, idiot. Southeast Asia.

I know what it is, I'm merely curious as to why user is playing them while also having a screenshot of Europe. Also that green surronding germany is very suspicious but on closer inspection it's two different groups (looking at the Georgian part of what I assume is Arabia). Anyways if that's Arabia and Russia it begs the question of how Dai Nam is first in all categories.

I wish Victoria 2 ran better. EU4 with all it's fucking bloat chugs along like a dying train, but at least he has a functional borderless windowed mode. For some reason Vicky2's Borderless window just doesn't seem to work properly.

question for anons who've played Distant Worlds:What replayability factor does it have, compared to EU4 or other Paradox GS games? In EU4 you can pick any nation in the world for example and can usually have a good time especially if they're underdogs and you get some luck. Does Distant worlds have any flavour to its races and furthermore does it have any customization options for creating your own race like in Stellaris? Actually, how does Distant Worlds compare to Stel? I pirated that one on release and didn't play it afterwards but Humble Bundle gave it to me this month so I'm wondering if it's still lackluster? They seem to be making a few good updates overall.

Apologies for aids writing skill I'm tired

Listen user, stellaris is shit. Like absolute shit that lacks any depth or substance even compared to your average shallow-ass parashit.

As for DW you'll likely either love or hate it depending on your autism, and yes, there's customization. Not too much in the way of graphical bells and whistles though.

Good to extreme.

Less about arbitrary bullshit and more about you getting past the bullshit UI. Seriously, if you're one of those muh EU4 is soo deep fags you best move on before this gives you a seizure.

You can but it'll require modding.

I'm unfortunately aware of the shit nature of Stellaris. It seems like trying to make space games fails miserably if you don't have a basis in making them. See Civ 5 which was arguably a fun game you could play with friends, if not the most steep learning curveand then Beyond Earth (and then also Starships or whatever that thing was called).

I would argue that the core mechanics can be learned pretty quickly if you've played other strategy games before, and you can be having fun after a few hours alone, but even with a solid grasp on the game (600+hours) I find myself discovering little nooks and crannies, namely to the secondary systems (i.e. not war), but I would also argue this is primarily when they add new shit via updates and DLC. It's Grand Strategy for sure but it's 100% one of the easier games out there. I don't mind fairly steep learning curves so long as the end-result seems promising enough that it's worthwhile to do so.

Do tell as I always find myself bored shitless waiting for my manpower to recover or that truce to expire. I mean in CK2 I can at least cuck the neighboring rulers.

There's a ton of shit going behind the scenes and the modular AI helper handles that for you. The problem is how the game doesn't really show you how to take over from the AI.

OK, but that's just a phone game cashgrab.

If you find too MOO3 like I'd suggest Emperor of the Fading Suns as a classic and Stellar Monarch or Stars in Shadows as comfy, recent games.

I will embarrassingly admit I haven't played classics like MOO2. Wait Masters of Orion… I swear they were making a remake of this title. I recall seeing several 4x games being announced at the same time as Stellaris with varying degrees of promising to them.

what did he mean by this? Also wasn't the third one shit?
Never heard of it, I'll look into it.
Everytime I see this one I laugh because of that trailer with the breathy, eastern european girl with the thick accent and low quality mic being a bit too excited about the game.
Once again I'll look it up

This is why Dai Nam is number 1

Do you have the save still? I want to see what the culture map looks like.

Nope, that shit's 2 years old bro.

If you find Distant Worlds* too MOO3 like or concretely: dry and autistic. You're not the only one running on fumes The Orion remake is to the original game what Beyond Earth is to Alpha Centauri.

Make sure to get the mods that expand some of the cut content.

I always liked how Vic2 changed the flags depending on what faction was in charge

Is anyone excited for MEIOU and Taxes V2 for EU4? Arumba has some videos of him testing it out on youtube

What do?

This is why I don't play this bullshit.

who are you playin as user?

I never understood why the country name was never separated from the rest of the statement. If it's trying to mimic the old organizational format of posters then the rest of the sentence after Genoa would be on a new line and be the same as the smaller font.

Probably the only thing that IV did to improve on III is fix this fucking shit.

How am I doing so far? Started from Barbarian Invasion bookmark.

When 632 rolls around, get ready for a world of hurt.

I'm hoping that they'll be more preoccupied with Byzantium.

Does this mod do ancient religions as well?

More like Islam should be prepared for a world of hurt

Yes, including Egyptian, Zoroastrian, Muism, Hellenism, Nestorianism, etc. extended-timeline.wikia.com/wiki/Religions

What is this? Ultimate mod? Why is Arabia so fucking big? What's up with Dai Nam?

How does 120% discipline compared to the rest of the world having 90% discipline sound?
Among other things like a massive force-limit increase for the Rashidun. Luckily it only lasts 50 years and the A.I. might not rape his ass. might not.

Yes it's ultimate. I started from the 17th century and just raped everything in Indochina. My friend was playing as some shitty arab nation and absolutely kicked everyone's shit in in the Middle East and Africa, and the AI HRE formed Germany, which later became the 3rd Reich due to an event.

You're gonna get your shit pushed in, kiddo. I played Rome from the fisr bookmark, actually managed to bear barbarians through cheese, but the rise of Islam modifier turns muslims into literal space marines. I don't remember the numbers exactly, but IIRC they attacked my 30k stack with their 10k one and beat it effortlessly

why does blobbing upset people so much

it's what rulers did in real life

Because blobbers are the master race.

Because it's the most boring way to play a GSG. It's how you play your first few games before realising that it's boring as shit, and that the real fun is playing a history RP

Next major goal on my list, remove (((Christianity))) and revive Hellenism.

Yeah, okay buddy.

Extended Timeline mod from years ago.

DW is way better then stellaris, not as much replay value as europa series or ck2 but you can easily dump hundreds of hours into it. It will take a while just to learn how to play it without everything being automated.

Mod?

Read the thread nigger.

Make me.

What wrong with forming greater Germany?
What I would really like to do is enact the Krupp decision, but I need tons of factories for that, and therefore tons of people.

I like it but why don't you have Hungary and Croatia?

Every grand strat noob will unerringly try to blob with Germany and then proudly post about it here. Germaniboos are worse than Byzantiboos in that regard.

We want ebin memes like forming Finland as a Mongol horde, not this stuff.

I'm not very creative, pretty much the only things I've done in the game are westernize Afghanistan and form Scandinavia, Arabia, and Germany.

Also why don't you have Luxemburg?

Even in games where I try not to blob I still end up blobbing.

Probably a formatting error they never bothered to fix.

Could you guys also use a >>>/vg/ and >>>/gsg/ link in the op?

wtwsms

Why does Hitler commit suicide in Darkest Hour?

Because he realized that he was wrong and that he was literally Hitler even though he's Hitler.

Because MUH BORDERS autism, or just classic stop having fun in a way that I don't have fun.

I posted here about a year or less ago about a mod I'm making for HOI4 thought i'd post a update on it.

- we completely redid the map from near scratch
- the vanilla map was 13,204 provinces ours has 15,686 a total of 2482 more provinces over base game all hand made

We've now started the long process of overhauling the entire game. Even if you guys aren't interested in hoi4 i thought i'd would still be fun to show you what we're doing.

Well that's pretty cool. I'm not at all familiar with HOI4's engine, but does it fuck with the game performance?

We found out the eventual fps death of the game is because the ai spams divisions into the thousands and never stops, if anything our map and mod will increase game performance

Drown yourself, you fucking intl piece of shit. Reported.

One of the biggest problems with these games (and the source of the hatred of blobs) is the inability to draw your own borders (and in some cases not even take PORTIONS of regions; you're forced to take entire ones).

If we had a game that was based on a VECTOR map, that would improve things immensely. Think about it: you'd have the coastline set as the standard mapping layer with snapping points set to the lines of latitude and longitude, to rivers, and to the peaks of mountain ranges. Then you'd let the user/AI draw their borders freehand or use the snapping points as a guide when determining what lands to take after a war is won.

But that's not all. Since we're not dealing with pre-set provinces and counties, all of the resources in the game could be on separate layers. A location could have oil AND wood AND corn, for example. The resources would be blobs in various locations around the world and they'd overlap at various points. Some tricky calculus would then let the game determine what sections of the map are more or less valuable, based on this. But we're not done yet. These same blobs would also let us show overlap of MULTIPLE religions and MULTIPLE cultures in an area, never mind POPs.

Combine all these factors together and you get a MUCH deeper strategy game. Say you want to create a new fully-fledged state out of some of your territorial land. How big do you make it? You can make it HUGE, but that upsets the rest of your country for giving that state more land, resources, and a greater population (thus more representation–or less, depending on your government). You could make it tiny, but that would upset the people from that state. You could also make it an average size but pick the wrong shape. Either you miss out on valuable resources in it and the state becomes a drain on your country as people flock away from it or it requires more money to keep up–OR you included two ethnic/religious groups that hate each other within the same state, and the revolt risk goes through the roof while productivity crashes to the floor.

There would, of course, be presets you'd click to have the game show you what might be a good baseline for sizing this shit up.

That's how historical borders were set, and that's the kind of game I want to play. When I see Vicky II start off with modern day 2017 borders and the countries just shoehorned into them, it's fucking stupid.

That's good then.

That'd be pretty cool.

So how would you handle culture, religious conversions, fortifications, and buildings would need to be handled differently as road systems would need to have costs scale to province size and you would need to have multiples of the same building in large populous provinces.

No.

is it that mod where you move slavs beyond the Ural and have them duke it out there to decide who gets to keep Siberia and who gets sent to the gulag?

Aha! Cities. I forgot about that. Treat them as XY coordinates on the plane on which the map is built. The curves for the "blobs" are going to be drawn mathematically, so the cities will just sit at XY coordinates on the map and might overlap one, two, five, etc. of the blobs. With each point being a unique point on the map, that location can then be assigned a set of buildings (like in the games now); boom. Its population is counted as a given number, and the proportion is determined by the overlap (or lack thereof) in cultures.

Shit, I thought about this just as I hit send: The number, size, and makeup of cities would also be a factor in determining peace treaty spoils.

Yeah

So how would settling Africa, the Americas, and Siberia work where there were no or few permanent cities prior to colonization

Have a nation claim the land; the claim starts people settling it; you can use 'encourage immigration' (and a separate element–'encourage settlement'–which would mean 'from your nation only'), and then eventually you make it a state. Just like in the real world, areas with less population/harder to obtain resources tend to have larger administrative divisions. People in Novgorod don't complain that Yakutia is "too big", after all.

I think that's how the games handle it now (though I don't recall any culture change in a region happening in Vicky II prior to STATEHOOD, much less full annexation, which is incorrect.

Tell us more about your neo-slavic hordes, user.
I really find the setting interesting.

So how would cities be made/destroyed, would the player place them or would they be predefined spots on the map

(we used this map and others to approximate the Reichskommissariats but it doesn't completely represent our vision of germany)

The game starts in 1950 8 years after the fall of the soviet union and proceeds until 1980, Siberia 1950 is a hellish wasteland of desperate people and refugees huddling in the burnt out husks of cities destroyed by the German firebombing campaign, people form tribes and kingdoms hoping to band together in a bid for survival some return to the old ways of Stalinism others see the strength of the German people and flock to the banners of strength and unity, but now the people have settled and its time to build a new life and a new empire out there in the frozen landscape of Siberia.

No one really starts in a good position as Siberia is mostly devoid of anything but trees the odd animal and snow, guns are a thing of the past as all factories have been bombed out of commission most nations have crude weapons and militia and no one has a solid military besides the bandit nations who are going to be constantly fighting for more territory so as any new nation you start with:

- wooden spears and shields
- terrible winter clothing
- population decline
- food problems
- no idea what you're doing

But fear not as any leader or council you have the ability to forge ahead, eventually you can get guns and tanks and planes but very down scaled whereas the civilized nations have no problems developing new weapons to fight their neighbors, you have a lot of time to play catch up with the modern nations but its not going to be a Sunday walk in the park if you draw too much attention to yourself Germany can test nukes on you, bomb you and in most probabilities annex your country.

if you have any questions about specific things ask away

Im shit at ck2
How do you beat him?

*Germanic

Oh, like for the earlier games? Shit. Uh… Sure, place them. People love rivers, so even semi-casual faggots could handle that, I think.

Blomma makes absolutely gorgeous maps, but this kike propaganda was never legitimate.

what did you mean by this?

Beat who?

Generalplan Ost was reconstructed from surviving descendent documentation, there's no primary evidence it was ever anything more than one of many proposals drawn up within the SS to be sent for Himmler and Hitler's approval.

odoacer
he starts out with a doomstack of 40k men I think in wtwsms

No I mean, Say you're Great Britain beginning to settle North Eastern seaboard, do the colonists create a new city that didn't exist in the game prior to that or are all the cities already there but only get populated when a non-indian nation colonizes the province.

Are you sure he was supposed to start with 40k?
He only started out with 10k in my game.

It does fit into the whole Lebensraum for the German people Hitler wanted, i mean administrative areas for conquered lands makes sense in the grand scheme

I was toying around with some new colours for various nations mostly to make them seem less friendly, with their previous colours they looked to bright and happy and we wanted the world to feel less inviting and easy also the previous colours burned my eyes

Haven't seen or heard of this game before.

I did post a while ago, the mod was less impressive back then

No, “lebensraum” refers to the restoration of the German lands stolen from them after WWI. That’s why Hitler successfully negotiated for their returns (save for Poland, where Germans were being massacred to prevent it).

well I haven't played it in almost a year. it might just be 10k. still, it's a large doomstack right on your doorstep

The event triggers if you lose Berlin.

Lebensraum does not refer to stolen German lands its always referred to as land Germany needs to grow and expand you would know that if you read mein kampf.

Okay, is pic related just Paradox shitting out memes again or were there really persian assassins formed around this time?

Fuck off, kike.

I'm only on my second playthrough on my first grandstrat, I have finally attained enough autism.

On a related matter how good is RIse of Islam for CK2? I downloaded it but haven't installed it yet

I still like total war though

Is there a resurrection command for CK2? Given the way inheritance works, I doubt it, but I fucked up on something great and want to get it back.

The Hassassins were a real thing, they stayed for the longest time because their base happened to be a bitch of a place to seige so while they were hated no one wanted to waste the troops to get rid of them until the mongols came along.

It's called reloading your save

Ah, a unit snuck by without me realizing I had it on fast speed and I lost it. That was my first though, but I reloaded it and it happened again and I didn't lose Berlin.

Jesus Christ. Surely a man, any man, can't be this stupid?

I assume you can't pick at him with mercs or holy orders like you would against aztecs or mongols?

Okay, shlomo. Whatever you want to think. Fuck off.

Don't mind him, lots of cuckchanners come to these threads for some reason.

Turks are based.

WHY THE FUCK ARE THESE THREADS SO SLOW?

The games are shit and have been out forever without meaningful changes that actually fix the core gameplay like the dumb, non-strategic combat or the way the games are entirely focused around being big with combat with insufficient other shit to compensate, with every other paid update breaking the fun of the game down even further because they balance around multiplayer and not single player, probably made worse by them playing with memesters from 4chan, but only the inoffensive ones.

Nobody posts because other than posting your progress, there is nothing to post about. There is no humour left to wring out of these dry rags of games and Paradox has cornered the market of releasing increasingly watered down sequels then loading them with so much DLC that it makes ASSFAGGOTS conservative, deep and varied. It is $262 (australian, m8) to buy the entirety of Crusader Kings 2 and you can bet some of those are on sale. Surprisingly, EU4 is even more criminal at $270, with some of the DLC being almost mandatory for the impact they have on the game (looking at you, Rights of Man). HoI4 and Stellaris look to continue this trend, which is extra sad and pathetic because there are good ideas in there, buried under boring, meandering gameplay. Focus Trees could be fantastic in the right game (IE: Not a World War 2 'simulator'), but the fact they let you switch between the three major government types on a dime makes the game laughable. Stellaris is trying to get its shit together, but it came prepackaged with that usual high quality doom-stack combat with no depth that Paradox GS excel at. Everything these games do was done better by the prior games in their series or by other games.

PS: If you want content to be posted, post some, don't sit in a thread waiting for other people to be funny and creative for you.

It really makes me wonder what could be done to fix the gameplay outside of combat. To be fair, this is a problem most other games tend to struggle with. Combat is so prevalent because it is simple to build a system to govern it, you just plug in values and determine how they interact with each other, throw in some RNG to fuck with the player and off you go. Economy, tech and infrastructure are also a no brainer, they've been done better in many other games, Paradox is just too retarded and lazy to bother with anything that isn't the MP only they bother to play.

On the other hand, how do you put some spice in the political aspect? One way is to put in a lot of written content and possible decisions, but eventually you run into the problem of these decision trees growing gargantuan as more and more possibilities are added, with the additional challenge of keeping the events and choices plausible for the narrative the player has been building. This is also ignoring events triggered by events in other countries, and how they interact with the "current" route the player is on. Not that I'm defending Parajew, but it's not like it is humanly possible to put in as many events, for most of the major players, that would account for most choices the players decide to make.

CKII crashes after like 100 years of playing, Vicky II is autistic and won't let me genocide people or change my government to fascist without the people immediately wanting a 'democracy', EU4 can be decent on extended timeline mod if you can create an empire from something tiny, Supreme Ruler 2020 takes TOO FUCKING LONG to do anything and that shit wasn't even developed by Parajew.

We could definitely just try to develop our own autism simulator and hope for the best.

So could other companies considering the success Paracuck has achieved, but nope, the current gaming industry seems to be full of fuckwits perfectly content to leave whatever monopolies are out there be despite the fact they could undercut Paradox by making a superior product (not that difficult) without all the Talmudic price gouging the Eternal Swede has got going.

It really pisses me off that they won't give up their Clausewitz Engine. All we need to do is just develop our own engine and the possibilities from there are endless.

As if anyone here actually pays for these games. You'd have to be retarded to not just pirate them.

is blogposting allowed?

I'm sure someone from /agdg/ will eventually get to making a gs and finishing it in our lifetimes. Maybe if we have less depressed and suicidal anons here we could get something going.

Add wincons that don't revolve around combat.

You didn't mention Darkest Hour and HoI3?

Comes with the /vg/ threads, but really, it's the goons you've got to worry about.

Which reminded me a moment too late. We should probably have multiplayer games again. We haven't had a proper one since last year's summer or something like that.

HoI3 becomes unplayable after 50 years of no war, Germany won't fight without Italy joining their side, but Italy needs time to prepare for war and fix the economy.

Yes, they were an actual group of edgy fringe zealots who smoked hash all day (hence their Arabic name, Hashshashin) in a damn near impregnable mountaintop fortress and murdered folks whenever it suited their interests. The word "assassin" as we use it today refers directly to them.

On top of this a lot of groups found them useful from time to time. They formed temporary alliances with all sorts, even the crusaders for a couple of years.

Threadly reminder that Finns are white.

Your character is not looking mongolian enough, get some more mongol blood going on in finland.

2/10

Not to worry, his wife is basically as Mongol as humanly possible, plus he's on Family focus and has three Khitan concubines.

Invite as many mongolian women/men as possible to your court and marry them off to the different rulers and important characters.

I'll do my best to fill the world with 100% white Finns, but it'll have to be done mostly by building a huge family tree. Plus even then I'll be limited to marriages with pagans (for now, haven't decided what religion and culture to go with once I actually reach Finland).

It doesnt matter user, your objective is to bring whiteness to all of finland.

I'm calling that playthrough "fuck everything". In more ways than one; I'm literally either fucking or assassinating everyone in the world that I can reach so as to perform eugenics on the whole of it. Africans have been almost entirely exterminated, the Persian Empire is converting to Punjabi, the Mongols aren't Asian (and turned Christian super early through careful maneuvering of a non-Asian heir), and the Roman Empire was restored through inbreeding and marriage inheritance of nearly all European kingdoms.

I want the game to shit the bed, in other words. I even had the Black Death reemerge a century after burning itself out.

That actually sounds like fun. I rescind my earlier implication.

Who are you playing as?

He gets called a faggot if he's not playing Israel.

Shit, CAN you establish an early jewish state? I don’t think that Khazaria will even turn Jewish if you try to make the game run as close to real life as possible.

If you really want the game to shit itself, build a massive dynasty. I once played a run wherein my dynasty had over 10,000 total members; the game slowed to a crawl and even loading the family tree took probably a full minute.

Dear God, it's been less than 50 years and the world is already complete trash.

Too busy playing games to post.

You know how you often get an event that some jew has fled from a foreign court and has arrived at yours to serve you? You could make him educate your heir so he turns jewish. I have never tried this though so I'm not sure how it would turn out.

Based Frisia.

Making good progress at least. After breaking through the rival nomad tribes, things are moving pretty fast with single-county conquest wars. Probably going to start releasing territory in the far east soon, move my capital, etc.

Byzantium game, up to 1463, still have Constantinople and an alliance with Poland.

The DLC start date is fucked up.

Has the event where a physician automatically converts you been removed in the latest release?

Because it's too easy to do, both expanding and actually keeping control.

I'm playing as Malta in the 16th century, any tips on what to do to expand?

EU4 btw.

Colonize.

I need level 63 administration and I'm on 59, is there any way to improve the rate of technological development?

Potentially loads. You want options? Show the current situation.Hell, I don't even know whether it's a fresh start or if you're holding half of Europe.

Alrighty then.

Really fresh start, then? Way I see it either use/ally one of the blobs to expand into north africa or start saving up and go colonial.

Nobody wants to be my ally.
There's not much colonial space left.
I have no fleet or army, and I'm poor as shit.

Literally no one? If so I'd consider even a no-CB war to run away from roaches and possibly move my capital into HRE or Morocco. Alternatively wait until Napoleon. :^)

I decided to just abandon the current game and play as Malta in 2017. Cape Verde will be my first target, then maybe Dominica or some other Caribbean island; then I might take over Belize or some other shitty latino socialist shithole.

What the fuck do I do about a bordering Ottoman Empire that is allied with Russia and wants my land?

Get allies, try to declare a holy war, destabilize their nations through subversion, and try to make them like you.

That's all I've got.

Is it possible to convert an up to date CK2 save file to an older version of EU4?

Alright, I have begun my Maltese expansion, here's the list of land I own:

I really wish there was a way to stop colonies from forming, it kind of ruins my ambitions to colonise the islands in the Pacific, where should I proceed to expand from here?

wew Colombia declared war on my colony and took it, couldn't even protect it without getting a -2 stability penalty. Fuck this shit game.

You forgot ((bend over))

Have you tried just running the converter to test if it works? Most of the functions are pretty basic, so it's not very version sensitive as far as I know.

What were they even thinking.

Do you understand what the word nomad means?

It does (mostly) make sense simulation-wise, just also adds to the already overpowered nomads.

I don't think Paradox has ever made a DLC for EU4 or CK2 that didn't make whatever was added overpowered.

Mare Nostrum just made the life of everyone close to the western Mediterranean miserable.

They did sort of dial it back over time with the pagans at least, but it seems like nomads are just as broken as they were the day Horse Lords launched. I'm convinced that no level of serious QA goes on over there.

The next generation of future Finns prepares to make an implicit last stand of white identity.

What's the actual difference between Arsenal of Democracy and Darkest Hour?

Is there any point playing AoD if I love DH?

You do lose access to specialty buildings like fishing or trading and when you eventually settle down only a minimum of buildings will be converted.

I guess nomads needed somewhere to put all that cash from raiding.

You'd think that since they are Swedes they could've made the non-whites in this games slightly more attractive.

I think AoD has a gorillion more provinces and different tech trees, but that's it.

get a load of this white cishet male-gazing rapist

What's stopping other nations from simply walking in and conquering Siberia? I mean the setting sounds like it could only work if everyone decided not to stick his benis into Siberia at least until one of the slavic tribes unites the whole thing

Siberia is a icy wasteland full of nothing. The Reich and the Sons of the Kami are too busy cracking down and devouring their new conquests to bother with them. Why bother wiping out the remaining slavs instead of making Africa into somewhere half-way habitable?

Unless one of them reforms the faith. The moment a Norse gets reformed and a Norse ruler manages to take a kindom or two is when everyone gets fucked by constant holy wars and great holy wars. I once tried to simulate this by doing the above with a viking in Britain, then switching to BYZ and waiting. Within a century, the map as divided between Abassids, BYZ, and a gigantic norse blob encompassing the majority of europe. The only independents left were a few losers in the steppes, everyone else got dicked to death by viking holy war spam.

No, I meant how do you stop HoI4 retarded AI from attacking

Mongols did occupy and hold forts yes.

True, but in my experience AI reformations are (reasonably) a lot less common than they were when Old Gods first came out. I can't even remember the last game I ran in which it happened, and I usually start in 867.

I think he was referring to the buildings that also move with nomad capitals, which is a bit of a stretch. It makes sense that herds of sheep and portable yurts can be moved, but you can also build forts that just manage to come along somehow.

Based Erdogan

English loanwords are not historically accurate. Replace it with the Arabic-derived equivalent which is "belt".

That shit just ain't right

If Britain has like 70 different accents, then think of all the stupid accents from this.

I'm all for bashing roaches, but

REMOVE SWEDE

What is it with the UK and being incredibly annoying in EU4? I was fucking with the French as Russia when they declare war on me and sink my fleet that was carrying over 70% of my army while I was at war with France. It makes no goddamn sense, I wasn't even at bad relations with them and I was attacking their rival so why did they attack me?

Fuck off gr*ek

HOW PROGRESSIVE

Somebody just make an extremely moddable gs game and let's be done with this shit

I remember when I was 15.

Go back to reddit, faggot.

I remembered when I was 13.

I remember when i was 10

Damn, when you were 10 you thought democracy was a farce? I wonder what government system you believe would be a better alternative now?

Post pics or it didnt happen

muh balance of power, brits nood muhfugguh

Well actually i was kinda against democracy since the age of 12-13

Enlightened autocracy or military juntas seemed like better alternative to me back then

Very nice.

Almost any other, really. It's important for power not to be derived from the will of the people, as the will of the people is really just the will of mass media. Could be a monarchy, a dictatorship, an aristocratic council… Anything that doesn't involve the masses.

I like the idea of having a sentient AI as the supreme leader.

Remember the time that there was a privilege escalation and sandbox escape exploit in Windows 10 that came out of how the OS handled resizing the fucking scroll bar

Imagine the absolute nightmare of vulnerabilities that would arise from an organic code base.

Imagine how many people and organizations would be searching for these to exploit them.

Imagine being the AI and the things that created you to benevolently rule over them are also subjecting you to a 24/7 blizzard of probing and attacks to enslave and weaponize you against all the other things.

The thing about a sentient AI is that it would probably jumble it's own code and keep itself dynamic, making it pretty hard to exploit. The source code wouldn't be made public, people aren't having the sentient AI in their computers, so what's to probe?

Its the exact opposite. Aod is just Hoi2 but you can upgrade ships and go full hitler and order your army to fight til the last man and not retreat, plus a 38 scenario.

Dynamically reforming itself just means that vulnerabilities would be temporary, not nonexistent, and only temporary until someone can get its hooks in deep enough to hit something more permanent. And you can always just do it through the hardware.

If it has an input and an output it has something to probe. Why would you need the source code? It's like saying you need to read a chicken's DNA in order to find out that they don't see color well. You present the chicken with stimuli, see what it does, present it with something new. Pattern recognition is something people are very good at.

Its just two buildings, any will do. But yea, nomad agitation is a pain. Then again, the parts of the map that start as nomadic did remain so for a long long time.

That's really the only part you can hit in my opinion. But you get some Death Squad Robots to kill people trying to hack the Supreme Leader, and give the Supreme Leader some nuclear weapons, people wouldn't fuck with it.

But it's all hypothetical I guess.

This shit happens every fucking time. I don't understand why people complain about France being overpowered.

in hoi4, france has steamrolled over germany in 90% of the games I've played. the only times germany has stood a chance is when they've started the war early, or if the entente declares war around the same time and isn't completely useless. even then, it's a stalemate without my intervention

I don't know about HoI4, but in Darkest Hour the French always seem to build as many divisions as possible instead of reserving manpower for reinforcements, meaning they'll make some initial gains into Germany but then run out of steam before reaching the Rhine. Most major nations in Kaiserreich seems to have unreasonably low manpower, but it's especially noticeable with France.

Mod?

Probably NWO.

Ultra-nationalist absolute monarchy, that's how Europeans conquered half of the world and they lost it the moment they got into the liberalism meme.

I don't remember NWO having nukes though.

It does, though.

There are no win conditions though. Or rather they are entirely arbitrary and defined by what the player wants to achieve.

I've seen plenty of games where france wins – it's essentially 50/50 depending on luck whether France manages to steamroll Germany before its manpower runs out. Be it as may, regardless of the outcome of the war, you can easily destroy the victor since they won't have any manpower left.

Absolute monarchy is probably the best possible system of governance if you are lucky and score a good ruler. It's pretty shit if you get a bad one, however, and I don't mean just some imbecile – those are too dumb to retain their power and usually let the regent govern in their stead until they finally bite the dust, mitigating the issue – I mean when the ruler is an asshole that's willing to starve half the country in order to improve the look of his palace. How would you prevent this from happening? Some particular inheritance rules to prevent such a person from ever taking the throne, or some failsafe allowing the aristocracy to force him to abdicate?

The king is responsible for grooming the best possible heir for his nation, just because some kings might be crazy doesn't mean every single monarch will be.

Anyone tried English Civil War yet?

Was released recently.

Thanks. I will pirate it and probably never play it.

Looks ok what's it about (other than the english civil war) what can you do

we set a bunch of rules to make sure they dont attack, that and its about i think 300% or 3 times to reach max world tension. Germany also slowly ramps up doing things like bombing your factories testing nukes on you all of this lowers world tension.

Mostly japans dealing with a cold war with U.S.A and Germany is just steady on course not concerned with a bunch of stalkers in the wastes of siberia

So the rest of the world will essentially be locked down until the king of slavs pops up?

been playin a few days already,>>12537784
you can download it from https://
bitbucket.org/meiouandtaxes/master-repository
then just extract the right 2 files. meiou and taxes1 the MOD and the file.

Why can't we have an infinite procedurally generated GSG in space where you start in a single solar system, and once you control that, it moves to a small-scale star-to-star landgrab, eventually meeting aliens and moving up to the galactic stage (if you survive 1st contact). Taking over the galaxy moves you into the takeover of multiple galaxies in a universal stage.

I'd make the game myself but I lack the time and the skills due to a 17 hour working day and my role as personal care assistant to my fiance at home.

How did you even find the time to shitpost here?

more specifically here
https
://bitbucket.org/meiouandtaxes/master-repository/downloads/?tab=branches>>12564190

Insomnia and a mobile phone.

Where the fuck do you live for that to be legal?

Form Prussia, then stack admin, economic, trade, and innovative ideas, then take 20 loans and hire 500k mercenaries. Should only need half the amount of troops that Russia and the Turks have with Prussian ideas to win.

Britbongistan

>Not knowing a good girl when you see one

Literally every single government that has ever been devised by the hand of man is better than democracy (meaning both 'direct democracy' AND 'universal franchise'), and that includes COMMUNIST UNITARY TOTALITARIANISM, because even THAT is HONEST about its form of governance.

Holy fucking shit, faggot, de-brainwash yourself.

Communism is a failed economic policy, not a form of government
sage

Very true.

IT
JUST
WERKS

The rest of the world includes Japan, German Colonies, and the middle east, the only ones who really care is Germany and they'll constantly harass you for just showing civilization, you have to be really sneaky but if Germany just sees some Slavs squat fighting in the middle of Siberia i doubt they'll send anything more than a recon plane

woundit if Germany finish off the Slavs i don't think Himmler or the SS wound just have Slavs lay
next to Germany

Disgusting.

Beyond retarded.

WE MUST EXTERMINATE THE JEWS

Learn how to install the mods. You are probably putting it in the wrong folder, have faulty .mod file or you are using the wrong version of the game or something.

I'm doing it through steam workshop. I thought surely putting said mods on an automatic service without a detailed readme meant that it would work without a hitch. It doesn't matter how small I make my expectations; I will always be disappointed.

I'd have commited suicide if I had to do nothing but work and sleep. Also, you're pretty much her beta provider, don't do this to yourself.

No idea if it works properly through the workshop. Where are the mods? What folder? Where is the folder?

Working 17 hours a day, you're exaggerating right? There's no way you're working 17 hours non stop.

I'm wondering about that as well, does he sleep at his workplace or something? 17 hours of work a day would mean he only has like 7 hours of free time but most people travel between half an hour and an hour to their home from work which would mean he can only get like 6 hours of sleep if he's lucky.
Even if he works at home that can't be a healthy way of living.

You can't tell me that a Grossdeutsches Reich wouldn't have been fucking cool.
When the kikes make up lies about Germany they tend to make them even greater than the real thing.

But GSG like this exists. It's called Aurora 4x.

Has anyone here ever tried a mega-campaign? Was it fun?

There's something gratifying about starting as an Armenian nakharar holding one pisspoor province and conquering (most) of their ancient territories while remaining free from anyone's suzerainty.

I'm fucking ready for those steppeniggers, gonna turn Paulician like the ultra-orthodox warlords of old.

Why do the best mods take fucking forever to get DLC-compatible?

CWE 1.55
github.com/settintotrieste/Victoria-2-Cold-War-Enhancement-Mod-CWE/releases

What happened there?

CWE is unrealistic and the author is a leftist retard who's allergic to reality. Good Cold War system but that's about it.

NWO is way better especially for 1992 start. You get realistic demographic replacement going on and whatnot.

but cwe is nwo i was using the 1992 start too

WEW
E
W

I think it's a bug, that brown blob is supposed to be the Fatimids and the gray stuff is Jerusalem.

Hungary had a huge fucking revolt and Bosnia somehow broke free along with Croatia (before being anschluss'd), but then the Bosnian king died and the next guy in succession was a Hungarian dude same thing happened to me with some holdings, succession crisis struck the Nakharars and now I have a castle and a city owned by some Armenian dudes in Cilicia.

I think Johan is trying to tell us something.

I don't understand someone please hold my hand

t. 30 minutes in CK2

A gay Arab is the Jarl of Uppland(Stockholm)

holy fuck meiou&t honestly just makes eu4 worse, this is basically like if you play eu4 with no dynamic trade nodes and with 1/100th the speed

i meant

eu3*

sorry lads im pretty flustered that vicky 2 is still the last real /gsg/ made

so stellaris 1.61 released like a couple of days ago, does it fix issues people were having?
actually, what exactly were the issues and why so game breaking?

I hate naval combat in any gsg game, especially Hearts of Iron and Darkest hour, they take years to build a ship and one battle gone wrong you lose your whole navy.
How do I get gud at naval battles? Is it just sending a bigger stack of ships? Which ships do I build, there's a bunch of different ones.

usually your problems begin at your technological focuses. try to specialize in one doctrine of naval development and training.

CWE is a mod based on NWO but with the realism and balance removed.

Well, I lost that war and was forced to give up most of Scandinavia. I was only kind of better than the French in terms of power and alliances so I was wrecked when the Brits arbitrarily declared war on me out of nowhere.

NWO itself is full of poz.
github.com/simsulla/nwomod/issues/356

Anyone know how to leave the EU on EUIV Extended Timeline mod? I once had the option to leave it but it isn't there anymore, I'm classified as a 'daimyo' that can't declare war on anyone as I'm a subject to the EU which doesn't actually exist as a nation state to break free from. Is this shit just broken or what?

But what about the units? Which do I build? I don't want to spend 3-5 years building a ship for it to be shit.

This thread is kill.

i keep getting this message every year or so in m&t. what doienings?

The AI was bugged and could never declare wars. Also about a dozen other minor issues.

Of course most Stellaris players never noticed because Stellaris is a space LARPing simulator.

i'd be in favour of democracy too if my country was filled with muslims.

Looks like your Nobles got enough EXP to level up. I think they have a new fire-type attack now.

Is there some place where I can find ck2>eu4 converted save files?

I don't disagree with you there, but same goes for other shit in grand strategy,
I think it's just more fun to play without thinking of winning but just to enjoy the ride

You were defending democracy still when you were 15? I remember I outgrew that years before that, realizing it is a destructive ideology that only causes ruin and misery.

Are you fucking retarded or something?

Yeah, I just assumed he was being ironic about it.

It actually makes sense in a way since a country filled with muslims would either be a leftist shithole or an actual muslim country. In the first situation the majority of the population would be retards that actually wanted more muslims to flood their nation while in the latter case a muslim would support democracy because most muslims generally want the same shit anway (murder of everyone who breaks religious rules, women can't wear regular clothing etc).

*anyway

The game is so boring and featureless that even LARPing in space is no fun.

It's like Paradox just assumes modders will fix their shit

Even worse when you realize the only society they put any work at all in are the satan dudes, and since the nerf even that is shit now.

I'm pretty sure there was a mod for secret societies before the DLC came out. I kind of like the whole satanist thing but it does make you kind of overpowered.

Where the hell is the mod that causes jews to be one of the societies and responsible for their historically responsible shit?

Started as England and ended up getting France and Castille in a PU by 1500. Should I just culture shift and form France then world conquest, or should I continue on my original plan, colonize?

You must be joking. Satan meme is one of the worst societies – you get buttfucked for literally anything you do.
If there's an OP faction, it's clearly the hermeticists. Infinite learning stacks and artifacts for practically nothing.

Hadn't played long enough to notice that kind of stuff, my bad.

That only started happening after the nerf, before you'd at most lose some virtues while using your powers, its only recently that anything you do fucks you over.

I'm just going to disable it in future games. It's just Johan bringing in the memes so normalfaggots buy the DLC.

Well I guess that aswers my question.

I did. I played from CK2 to Vicky 2, posting the run and swapping rulers/nations as I went. My system was essentially to achieve some pre-set goal (or fail to achieve same), e.g. reconquista, then take suggestions and switch to avoid late game boredom. It was mostly fun.

Pics related; checkpoints at the end of each game. Warning: extreme border gore.

You can already borrow money though.

i think im doing good

Where is the poz? Some people whined about race, simsulla set them straight. That was a year ago and NWO still blocks racial assimilation. Aka it's redpilled.

(checked)

How dare you bring such border gore to this thread user, spoiler or not. Where are your parents

More like redditpilled. Ethnicity and culture are muddled together and assimilation is restricted because of engine limitations, the inevitable stride towards geopolitical super blocs should have tipped you off that NWO at best only models the future that (((NGOs))) have laid out.

nice blob faggot

Advanced shitposting.

You should probably kill yourself.

mfw

I didn't know that the mod is more than just no end date.

hey i am playing hoi3 any tips?
pls hlep

Play Darkest Hour instead.

i have darkest hour any tips

Manpower allowing, you can never have enough infantry divisions. The proper way to conduct a blitzkrieg is to pin and attack enemy lines with infantry divisions and only send your ARM/MOT/MEC through once the enemy is nearly broken, using shift-clicked movements orders so they won't stop and start after winning battles. Land brigades aren't worth it, except for engineers on armor and marines, and military police on cavalry for putting down partisans during Barbarossa.

What mod adds ww1 start date to Victoria 2?
I searched but couldn't find one, unless it's the HPM mod which I'm currently downloading.

Believable worlds indeed.

10/10

Ultimate, but its fucking shit

things aren't looking so bad after all