What's the most of money you've ever spent on a single game anons?

I spent about $600 on EvE Online over a period of 4 years
I still feel shame to this day

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/311730
please
archive.is/D2y2s
archive.is/0YuDO
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

15 dollars, Age of Empires.

I bought a Vita for one game.

Full retail price for my copy of Yakuza Zero, no ragrets.

Ouch, that's rough.

I was such a fucking fool for getting excited for dark souls 2 I spent 120 Ameribucks on the special edition.

Not to mention my net was super shit at the time so I figured pre-loading would take far too long. The physical edition would seem promising so I could play right away.
I was so fucking wrong, it didn't even come with a physical disk except for the ost soundtrack and then just a code for the game on steam.

I was livid.
Oh and the game sucked dick so that also fucking raped me even more.

I almost spent 600€ for Killer Instinct (XONE+full game+Madcatz arcade stick), until I saw this.

I bought KI: Supreme edition for PC, and the DLC as it came out, all for about $60

The game is great but Microsoft had to fucking smear it with the worst shit possible.

In the PC version, you can't fucking play the game offline, because all but 1 characters will be locked if the game can't first dial home and log you into your Xbox account, sometimes the Shitbox servers are down and you can't even play solo. If i wasn't a huge faggot for this game i would have refunded it the moment i realized this.

What's with the gesturing the entire time?

Well fuck, I thought I did bad.

I own two ships worth 60 eacch on Scam Citizen

$300 for a PS4+Yakuza 0.

340€ for bloodborne.

Does the money I spent on SFV double because of how terrible the game is?

I bought a Vita TV for some games. I still have not even touched the thing, but it was very cheap.

They cost 60 but theyre worth more. Remember? Its an investment!

And I thought rare pepes were a joke

Well suppose there are worse things to happen in life. Like being Mark

Hey cheer up, you could be that guy that bought the special deluxe edition of Battleborn.

Yeah, sure, the worst part is that I have two friends that are overdosing on the hype and keep trying to bring me back into the game.
They also tried to get me to buy Fallout 4 and watch the disney star wars shit.
I think I need new friends, but everyone here is obsessed with divegrass and nothing else.

you can almost see the gag reflex kicking in as he tries to slurp for those brownie points

A 3DS. 200 bucks with Monster Hunter. Luckily now I can pirate so it was worth it.

60 was the max I did. Never again. I DID buy this thing for $550. Worth it. Sounds amazing.

Does it have to be actual money?
Because I've dropped $5000 gabe bucks on tf2.

Now it's worth around $450

190 dollars on Dark Souls 2 if you count Scholar of the First Sin.

I bought it on release for $60, bought the collector's edition later for $40, got all three dlcs for $30, and then bought SOTFS for pc and ps4 for $30 each.

what now faggit

see, I bought scholar after the fact, having not played the base game and whatnot thinking that it would be more gameplay like darksouls
how could someone justify spending money on it after having played it? buying DLC for a game you know is complete shit? are you into fin-dom or something?

It's actually a 2ch filename, but you're too much of a сука to understand that. You're the actual fag using a 4chin filename.

I played FFXI for 7.5 years on one account, 3 years on two accounts, 2 years on 3 accounts, and 9 months on 4 accounts: over $3500

I only saw Leaping Lizzy once the entire time I played.

I bought a PS4 to play FFXIV
Then bought HZD
the collectors edition no less
I had fun with it

oh, I forgot to count how much I spent on the games themselves, plus the HDD kit for my PS2, so really probably closer to $4000

That's one thing I don't regret buying. I still have the original HD on my ps2 that I use. Feels good playing legit backups on my ps2.

Bought Premium for Battlefield 3
I still feel sick to this day

195 bucks for Bayo 1+2 if you count buying a console just for one game, other than that 70 buck on a limited edition of NFS:Carbon for some fucking reason.

this screenshot is from april 25th, 2004

fuck I'm old

sadly I lost all my old game stuff including my megadrive and saturn systems and game collections as well as both my PS2 fats with HDDs, my xbox 360, and a huge collection of old PC hardware when I got kicked out of my parents house and my mom pawned everything for like $125…

I played on bahamut and if you know any community lore from that server you will of course have heard of Songooku, insane Japanese autist who camped valkrum emperor every single day for years, one time I was camping emperor and songokou literally stole him out from in front of me as I was casting paralyze, using a boomerang… I was really upset naturally and so I sent him a message in japanese (I am japanese-american, played on imported jpn copies of the game) politely asking him if he could not do that again and he ran up to me and handed me the hairpin drop he had just gotten ( ;∀;)

I camped a lot of NMs but lizzy was not among them, one of the many in-game boyfriends I had during my time playing gave me lizzy's boots relatively early (during chains) when he quit the game to go play WoW…

freudian typo, "Songokou" was his name

COLONIZED

125€ for The Witcher 3 + Blood and Wine DLC + Hearts of Stone DLC + All skins DLC.

Feels real fucking bad, man.

played wow off and on since bc

The more I think about it, I should have named this being a "Have you been a Good Goyim?" Thread.

Dark Souls 2 is actually one of my favorite games

I actually sold the game that came with the collector's edition for $30 and kept the collectibles. But the main reason why I bought it so many times was so I could play it with friends who played on different platforms.

Firefall. This was probably the first(?) large scale crowdfunding scam that paved the way for other companies to try this shit. I went back to it a couple current years ago only to find the gameplay was completely changed in an attempt to make it into an actual MMO. (read: wow clone)

wasted potential the game

zero

dumb goys

I keep spiking my controllers into my wood floor like an autistic faggot in my rage. I'd have to say close to 600+ dollaridoos on those alone.

But vidya wise I think I spent 300+ on GTA V until I finally lost interest.

don't know
you sure you're not holding out on us?

I bought Other M a week after release. Pretty much the game that made me never buy into any form of hype and wait a few months before buying anything. Never get excited for anything. I'm serious.

I bought an Xbox 360 for 1 exclusive game.
I only bought 2 other games for it.

pic related, it's from the last time I played

I spent $110 on the GTA V special edition and I bought microtransaction for it. I don't care anymore because I never played that game again.

I once spent $100 on a number of games for different anons during a Christmas giveaway back before the halfchan exodus and I don't regret doing it.

~$150 for ARMA 3 and all DLC, micro-transactions and gold buying is a best goy move.

I miss Firefall when it was fun :(

I spent over $200 on pic related.
I was really depressed at the time and had a lot of money. That's never a good combination.

I used to have fun all the time in that game, getting a group together and doing a Highway Patrol looking for illegal aliens as a Dreadnaught wearing a cowboy hat. Refused to use weapons and instead punched everything to death. Best though was when I found a way to glitch it so I was immune to the Melding and thus could go deep into it without fear of death. Some nice unfinished areas there including a hidden bunker network I found while exploring.

I know what that's like, I was earning $150k a year while in a very depressing job leading to me having $0 in the bank when I eventually quit after 5 years.

On topic, I probably spent somewhere in the range of 60-70 burger dollars on plat in waifufarm before they added fucking space babies

Are you a retard or a nigger or both

I bought about $120 worth of Aurum for Dust. Mostly spent it on SKINs and that useless snowball gun.
I regret nothing.

I bought the Assassin's Creed 3 collectors edition.

Since you've got Bioshit's flagship autist as your post image,

MINUTELY REMINDER THAT BIOWARE MONTREAL IS UNDERGOING RESTRUCTURING/DOWNSIZING. STUDIO DIRECTOR SAYS MASS EFFECT ON INDEFINITE "HIATUS" AKA NO PLANS FOR SEQUELS. THOSE TWO NEW IPS THEY'VE HAMMED UP ARE NOWHERE TO BE SEEN. OH, IT'S ONE NEW IP NOW? OH, THERE WAS ONLY EVER ONE? AND IT'S ON DELAY? FOR A YEAR? BIOWARE IS FUCKING

D O N E
O
N
E

I can't tell if the picture on the right is a joke.
Yes, I know the Monkey Island remake has DLC, I never stopped to wonder what did they do with the original ending.

Also, the most $ I've spent in a single game by far is Breath of the Wild.
Didn't have a WiiU so I bought a switch.

100$ on Combat arms

Time to get Bloodborne so you can pretend you didn't get Jewed

jew shoo shoo

>thrice

Around $500 on PoE

Shit, user, are you twelve?

About 150 on Guild Wars 2

No regrets, I enjoyed the game.

we only played maybe twice

Crusader Kings 2 - around $100
I really liked it at first, and I was such a good goy buyfag that I bought just about every shitty dlc Paradox released for it until Rajas of India. I realized I was getting ripped off and I haven't bought anything from Paradox since then.
I've put over 1000 hours into that game and now I can't bear to play it at all. It's such a bore now.
I almost feel sorry for the stupid fucks that keep slurping up Paradox's shitty dlcs that just bloat the game like EU4.

150$ on Radiant Silvergun for the Saturn. It was almost a religious experience playing through the whole game for the first time, and I have put countless hours into it, since. No regrets, for sure.

Good on you user.

As for me I can't even think of anything I've spent my personal money on. Most of the games I buy are 25$ or less (and even the ones that are higher end I get on sale or during massive deals).
I suppose the most I've personally spent was on…
I can't even remember
Either 40$ apiece for Starcraft 2's expansions, or Dark Souls 2, for like… 40 bucks? Maybe it was more but if it was I don't remember.

The only reason to ever buy CK2 is to get access to parajew forums, where all the mods are hidden, and you only need the base game for that.

Does it count if I returned the console later? If so, I bought a PS4 Pro for several hundred to play Bloodborne. (I returned the console in a week.)

I spent $100 on cosmetics and chests in Dota 2

I made over $500 selling those cosmetics in Dota 2

Around $300 on Granblue. I don't even fucking play it anymore.

I spent $300 on a Wii U for a Metroid game that doesn't exist.

like i said, i was a good goy at the time

Your fault.

We're probably going to have more of these people with the Switch. 2 years from now I'll get my popcorn bowl ready.

I paid full-price for the PC port of Burnout Paradise
yeah i got shitloads of hours & time in it, and it's nicely optimized for what it's worth, but that also ignores that I bought it half a decade after EA shut down the online section of the game, meaning that multiplayer is impossible and all the DLC is unbuyable

Maybe, Switch is already releasing more games in a smaller timeframe and the composer for Deus Ex is working with Retro Studios, but if you buy a console expecting specific games that are unannounced that's your own fault.

Between 30 and 200 euros depending on whether you're counting game cards and the burning crusade.

Why would you do that? The only two mods worth playing are already available.

That would be nice.

World of Warcraft, 7 fucking years worth of subscriptions.

$1300.

I'd also take spiritual successor to Deus Ex with Sheldon Pacotti returning to give us those conspiracies and excellent one liners.

THE ONE FUCKING TIME I BUY A SEASON PASS THIS HAPPENS

NEVER EVER AGAIN

actually i probably spent 100bux on certain collectors editions but at least those i got what i paid for

Shit taste

Would have to have all the good stuff from the original game (and some select things from the newer ones). I could go for that.

first and last MMO i ever played

i bet if i went and watched the mithra character creation screen i could still wank to it like i did as a lad

Do subscription fees count if so then I played wow from around the middle of vanilla to a week after cata came out.

I just kind of assumed it did, because OP said he paid $600 for 4 years, which is actually more like $720.

I probably dropped over 250 on DOA5, no regrets but never doing that again

Fucking why, and fucking how?

I paid for 2 months of Ragnarok Online in 04 and quickly realized how shit subscription play was.
Private servers for life
Did you at least constantly play those 7 years?

No, that's the worst part. I was just paying for a sub because on the offchance one of my friends wanted to play. I petered out on WoW during Wrath when everything changed for the worst. But I kept paying (and only sometimes playing) until Pandaland came out, then I quit. A few years ago my mother twisted my wrist about getting me a Christmas gift, and I was like "uh, sure, 12 months of WoW!"

Which was dumb. I didn't play more than like 15 minutes of that 12 months of WoW. The only MMO that I'm interested in being a subscriber of is The Secret World Legends, and only if they bring back the Grandmaster package, I'm okay with paying a $200 one-time fee, but I'll be fucked if I'm going to pay $180 a year.

very gradually because its months between dlc releases. same way i raked up similar costs for CKII and i thought i lot of the costumes looked nice because the costume breaking mods took almost a year to come out

I'd completely ignore the newer ones and strike out on my own, the only thing I like from the newer ones is the shit that's a given nowadays like higher poly counts and higher res textures, but even then Nu Deus Ex is ugly to the point where I'd rather play old Deus Ex and I played Deus Ex in chronological order, no nostalgia goggles here.

I always used that expansion bay to store my memory cards, it's still got around 6 or so in it last I checked.

store.steampowered.com/app/311730
Currently has over £925 worth of DLC, if there's one thing Koei loves doing more then anything else it's shitting out as much overpriced dlc as they possibly can.

Fair enough.

yea i stopped buying the dlc a little before they did that strange f2p update

i love anime titites too but jesus christ as you've proven here if you just wait, some one else will buy them, record them, and upload them

WHAT THE FUCK

I can't even begin to remember the amount of NXCash I bought and I'm honestly glad I don't.

well actually the mod that does that only requires the hilariously overpriced paradise dlc which you can easily pirate

I can understand that, but it makes me wonder if MMO'S populate servers with shills who make friends only to keep people coming back.

Oh, no, these were people I worked with, ACTUAL friends, not just online "friends."

And I learned my lesson.
That said, if the rumors about a new Prime game are true that's a day 1 buy for me. One of my roommates has a Switch so I don't have to give money to Jewtendo for that at least

About a hundred bucks for Chrono Trigger on SNES back when it was new
It was an US import, so it was kind of on the expensive side

some people live outside the us

I bought EQ and about 4 expansion packs, 2 years of membership, AOL for internet, and had to compensate my dad for AT&T overages

the updates took 20minutes to 3hours, people would RP without /whisper, overleveled people would kill npc guards (allowing scripted orcs/worgs to move into populated areas), things were slow and broken, low level casting was a pain due to meditation mechanic

it was pretty cool but I probably spent 400$ on that shit

around 50$ fof LoL skins
around 50$ for hearthstone adventures
cut me some slack, i was like 14 and peer pressure got to me

hello 18 yo señor

What mods? I pirated it but then my campaign came to an end when aztecs showed up with mary sue armies.

To top it off I instead got Metroid Other M and Federation force

The rumours are being circulated by a guy who "knew" that the Switch was going to be a more powerful PS4 with Nintendo slapped on the front.

I understand that concept, dork. I mean in what country would you need to import the US copy to get it? Canada and Mexico both get the same copies of games.

Imported from the US to Europe
We didn't get any RPGs over here back in the day, except for Mystic Quest / Final Fantasy USA

Oh really? Hrm, that's lame.

I bought my Wii U instead of a 3DS for Monster Hunter, We got 3U but then capcom abandoned it.

120€ on Battlefield 3…
Why did I do that?

That's a good question, especially since I got it for free from Humble Bundle.

Final Fantasy VII was the first FF game released in Europe
Things were that shitty back then, a lot of games were never / a lot later released over here
Importing shit from the US (and buying a 60hz TV) were common things to do for video game enthusiasts in the 90s and early 2000s

Almost $200 for pic related

You deserve it for being retarded

I'd pay the $200 if it had a Marie Rose fleshlight.

look on the bright side. It's now $600 and you also have one of the greatest games ever made.

I'm very economical, but I haven't spent very much on single games. I have a few collectors editions that might have cost me like $65 or something, but whatever. I also own a few collectors items like a $200 tea cup I think I spent $150 on.

I do own a lot of equipment that its real value and the amount I spent on it is pretty steep. I have a monitor which in its hey day sold for $12,900, but I bought it for far less. I use it for all my classic games.

MMOs were a fucking mistake

Try having some friends and then you might understand.

Have you never played a musou before?

Dark Souls 2 was decent and way better than the turd that was 3. You suck dick.

DS3 had rolling for retards.

You could have had a life sized Honoka one and yet you pick the flattest one.

nearly 800 dollars on Wakfu cosmetics, consumables and boosters.
I am tying the noose as I type this, don't worry

I tried that Berserk game, and I didn't buy it because it was so boring.

I live in HUEland so games here were expensive as hell growing up. I think I spent ~3.5 years of allowance savings to buy Ocarina of Time when it was released. Making some quick calculations and currency conversions, it was at around 400 bucks in 2017 dollars.

Holy shit and I thought games in Australia costed a fortune, why the hell are they so expensive there?

Kek, they deserve everything

I bought the good goy edition of mgs V for the ps4, from a private seller on ebay just for the fancy big fist, so that I could use it to finger my anus and pretend it's him, I haven't played mgs v yet because I don't have a ps4

Two factors:
1. cascading import taxes that adds to up to 90% at the end of the day
2. if you bought it in a local store, there's their profit margin as well, which, growing up was my only option.

The weak currency also doesn't help. Liking vidya here in HUEland was a pain. Nowadays Steam/PSN/humble correct their prices according to HUEnizens purchasing power so games are pretty affordable and most import taxes does not apply to digital goods. It is jarring the difference though, I bough NieR Automata on steam for about $35 after currency conversion. If I imported the physical PS4 version from Amazon, I'd pay $110 for it, plus about $12 for shipping.

No fucking wonder you hueniggers haunt every single f2p game in existence

I ended up buying so much crap in Uncharted 3, I don't know what I was thinking

You can't really be smug about this if you payed mad money for mmo's

I managed to quit after almost a year and a half.

But it had already ruined me.

That's not mad money. Mad money is paying $120,000 for a car that will go to auction in a year or two for only $6000.

good goy keep paying the small amount fo 39.99. it's nothing compared to what the queen of england wastes every day

$40 for what?

$80 on League of Assfaggots

oh wow

80 bucks on dota 2.
What a waste

I'm going to fucking find you, and I'm going to fucking get you.

actually wait it wasn't too much of a waste because I sold some items that had dramatically risen in value and sold them for btc

I Spent 550 on two different special editions of my waifus game.

If you had real friends then you wouldn't be playing MMOs.

bloodborne, considering the custom hardware designed specifically for it is so expensive.

It's upside down

That's not how that works.

It is. Nothing makes me quit a game faster than having to play with my goddamn casual RL friends. Especially that one faggot who insists on having his gf play with us, despite her clearly not wanting to (and being utter shit)

don't bully the maku

I can buy that separately, I just wanted the dlc

Phantasy Star Online, if you count several years of online fees, several different versions for various platforms (DC, NGC, Xbox, PC), NGC Modem, Imported NGC Keyboard, Ep III CARD spinoff.

The Xbox version was more just a collection piece. Got it used for $20 and never really went online with it. Couldn't even sign up for a Hunter's License since it required Xbox Live and broadband wasn't available in my area at the time.

Bayonetta 2 at $60.

Don't worry user. At least you didn't spend 200-300 dollars on TORtanic Bully me, I deserve it

never again.

Firefall could totally be reworked into a single player game with co-op features

I have no clue how that happened. The image saved on my computer from my phone is up right.

Christ, I had a friend who probably spent just as much. Both got FFIX for the PS2 at the same time, modems just for that game. He's still playing it. Dunno how many accounts he has, but I know he's still playing his main. Ended up getting an Xbox 360 just to keep playing - and once those servers went down, he got bought a dedicated FFXI laptop.

Crazy bastard actually got all of the achievements on the Xbox version.

i kept that stupid fucking statue and put it on my desk to remind me of why i deserve bad things.

I did the same thing with a fedora in my closet.

First subbed to EVE on the 20th of December 2015, so:
16 months and 21 days.
Minus a month I didn't sub, due to not having money:
15x15=225$

Miss read the question. Most I spent was 750 on WoW. Still, TORtanic is my biggest regret considering it was AFTER it went F2P

I bought deus ex at release for full price.
Not the stupidest thing one can do, and while it was basically up there in the best 5 shooters ever i did buy it at full price and on release.

Ouch, sorry for your loss. Don't listen to sonyggers next time.

You have to go back with him for teaching him how to fit in.

Tell us about your cocaine habits.

More like "oven-ready."
You have an hero-tier taste, user.

Around $700 Canadian. If I say what I spent it on there will be bullying like no one has ever seen.

is it league of legends

I play FPS/RTS/4X with friends you casual faggot.
The moment one of our group started pushing for us to play EVE we shat on him so hard that he was buttflustered for weeks.
Kill your friends and then kill yourself for paying monthly for a shallow timesink.

I'll tell you what I'll do instead, friend, I'll kill you and your friends. Don't go outside tonight.

It was GaiaOnline wasn't it user?

I've spent roughly 500 dollars this year on Granblue Fantasy

I refuse to say it, anons. I refuse. At least I got a knife before my friend did.

Oh shit you dun it now CS:GO is the lowest of the low

I spent 250 on Star Citizen

At LEAST 1000 monopoly monies on world of tanks. I hate the game 90% of the time, but the combination of the 10% fun and my massive tank fetish and need to collect them all means I've been hooked for like 4-5 years.

However much the total price for CK2 is with full DLC.

Don't regret it though.

I spent around 700 dollars on eurotruck simulator. But to be fair, some of the dlc is pretty good.

50 bucks on a gamecube game. if we're talking f2p games I spent 15 bucks on tabs for path of exile

Christ user, is it not pirateable?

say that to my face and not online see what happens

wut
WHAT THE FUCK, the last time I checked Euro Slav Simulator 2, it only had like $40 in DLC, 2 expansions and 3 paint job DLCs.

It its a sum total throughout my entire life, I probably have some underlying mental condition that makes outbursts harder to control. Something I've noticed and gotten better at as I've gotten older, but every 6 months or so I still have an incident and normally my controller is fine and I just walk away. My 360 could take a beating but these new xbone controllers are fragile as shit.

No, I use vidya as an escape and a poor vent for frustration.

That's a fucking car playing nigger. This is a portable high end dap. Also.
We could listen to it together if you'd like

It's why I don't recommend the game anymore. The developers are kosher now. There'll come a point where shit in game will be so expensive you might aswell buy a truck and start truckin'

I accidently bought 2 playstation's, now i have 3.

Is it okay if I get American Truck Simulator? The Arizona expansion is free, and they just increased the size of the map by almost double.

cats instinctively think cucumbers are green snakes, cats were domesticated from the jungle in the middle east.

So you're saying they have genetic memory?

I have no idea. Probably my subscription costs for FFXIV off and on over the span of however long that game has existed.

you disgust me. leave

Tracer's a rug muncher, so this video is no longer relevant.

I've spend more than $100 on warframe. Don't even play it anymore.

fuck

doesn't stop people making porn other.

I finally found someone more pathetic than ASSFAGGOTS players

I don't know how much it cost me to import Taiko V, I want to say around $55, but I also bought all the DLC songs. So overall it's easily the game I've spent the most money on.

It was worth it for the Touhou and Nihon-Falcom songs.

Funnily enough a porn actress has more voice talent than the actual VA does.

hasn't there been a bunch of autistic screeching about how it's immoral/nefarious to depict a "confirmed" gay character having Heterosexual intercourse? (as she's gay it's akin to "rape" or whatever).

Nice pics BTW, are these new?

don't know, i usually look up d.va or the plump ice chick

$75 on Dragon Warrior QUEST 7. Still cost less than your average full-price PS4 game in Canada. But if we're also counting DLC/microtransactions/subscriptions/whatever, then probably Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.

Whoops, forgot how we're supposed to format our responses at the end there. I've spent about $96 on XV2.

Porn itseld is inmoral

most fun things are

I've only dropped money on the map expansions, so I do not feel your pain. Honestly you brought this upon yourself.

Yes. Even with the decreased map size, it's still fun to change over to ATS every once in a while, purely for that Peterbilt goodness.

Wait, ATS is smaller than ETS2?

Yes, albeit only slightly. When SCS finally add all the states, and presumably Canada/Mexico, it's going to be xbox heug.

So by 2035.

Fuck Quebec and fuck Ontario.

Estimating $600+ on WoW.
Haven't played since 2013.

that's not momiji

I spent a few grand on train simulator.
I have no regrets

Still regretted it to this day.

Probably hundreds on wow over the years back when I still played that garbage.

So you're saying the cat was in the animus for that moment with t3h cucumberz?

I want that.

I've spent over $20,000 on Star Citizen.

1081€ in Dota 2

By far, 110 and 120 for shining force III and Tales of Destiny II/

Chrst how bad is the Cucknadian dollar if you're paying almost twice what the game is worth. Or did you just buy the first copy you saw?

jesus christ get the fuck off my board

1 CAD = 0.70 USD.

Our dollar has been worth less then yours for like a decade. It used to fluctuate back and forth, but now it's forever worthless and everything is expensive as fuck.

There's doing it for your waifu but you went too far.

Don't worry, he is on top of it as we speak.

must feel bad having terrible taste

I used to say "he's just doing the same thing that his father and his grandfather did," but you know what? He's still got another what, 1 or 2 years? He's WAY ahead of schedule compared to his forebears, and the economy was said to "be able to recover by 2050 if he stopped spending" 12 months ago. God damn…

over $100.
was a lot of fun though

>bought the season pass with a bunch of dosh I had from a gift card someone got me

Was worth it to me for how much enjoyment I got out of it.

CK+ or HiP if you're a vanillafag or the Agot mod.

WoW, probably around 2600 burgerbucks.

I have spent 15,000 on Star Citizen DLCs - because I think that spending twice my yearly income is a sensible thing to do in order to obtain a bunch of 3D models that took someone a week to make in total.

I'm waiting for them to release more colour variations to the models I've already bought, so that I can bankrupt myself and start selling organs to keep up with it.
I love Star Citizen.

This guy is my hero:
please use archive.is/meet-a-fan-who-has-spent-30000-on-star-citizen-ships/

At first I thought you were serious.

Dragon Mair is garbage

It's just a smug face, calm your tits.

archive.is/D2y2s
Fixed it - dude spent 30k on it. He was serious.

I can kind of dig this, cause he was influential on me as well, but…
Snake oil salesman who got all the credit for none of the innovations people accredit to him…
Sad.

Nearly two years later, I wonder how this guy's opinions have changed.

Okay, that was worded wrongly.

"Snake oil salesman who got all the credit for innovations he had no part in."

January 2015. Panzer Dragoon Saga complete in box. $280.

Umaru is gabage

Some people are absolutely blind when it comes to games they've decided they should like for one reason or another.

One depressing example was a fan of Dungeon Lords - a broken, empty and unfinished game, saturated with game-stopping bugs - who lived on the forum for that game.
He insisted he had completed the game fifty times, and that there were no serious bugs that couldn't be worked around.
When pressed by someone, he said he simply used a memory hex editor while the game was running and filled in the missing parts. He was debugging it live - and didn't think that was a serious bug, just a normal playthrough.
He was convinced that it was an awesome, near perfect game.
In reality it was barely playable.

For this 30k guy, his head is so full of illusions and he has invested so much time and money in this thing that he is convinced he has reached nirvana.

Perhaps in the near future, someone will come up with a title for this mental illness.
Or perhaps it is just blind fanatacism applied to a game instead of a religion.

You know what? I'd rather it be a game than a cult religion, because we all know how that shit ends.

Can you do some on-topic posting, motherfucker?

Vidya: about 200-300 £ on world of tanks

Tabletop wargaming: nearly £20,000 since my teens Imperial guard best guard

Yeah, games are a harmless outlet.
Doesn't really accomplish anything though, pouring tens of thousands and hundreds or thousands of hours into a universe that doesn't exist - and is wiped as soon as the publisher sees the profits go below 100,000% of costs.

I suppose it is a way of funding someone or rather a company that makes something good.
But did Star Citizen need 100 million budget - and did it REALLY need to charge the earth thereafter for pointless DLCs.
It had already received a hundred million, for a game - it could have released it for free to the rest of the planet forever and still turned a profit.
Absolute greed - and the game still isn't finished.

DLCs should be banned or entirely free.

I'm not entirely in the boat with you, games that are UNFINISHED should not have DLC, I can agree. Day 1 DLC is bullshit too. But if after a year or two of release a publisher puts out a DLC, I think a $10 note is an alright asking.

Monetizing something you've already received a hundred million bucks for? Yeah, that's kind of bullshit. But then again, team size needs to be taken into account as well. How many people work there? 800? They'll burn through that money in two years.

Then they shouldn't have 800 people.
What exactly are they making.
2 guys in a garage made Elite in the 80s.
30 people can make a fairly decent game.
50-100 for a big game.

Also, income should come from direct sales - I am also quite against this kickstarter crap too - as the majority are ripoffs that don't deliver.

An add-on is alright, as you say - but it should be a significant portion of new game time and content, for less than the original game. 10-20, 20 meaning nearly as much gametime as the original.
Another game pulling every penny they can is the Avatar online game by Richard Garriot. Excellent game developer, but they are charging 1,000 for a house, or 1,500 or sometimes more.
They've completely lost sense - or the customers have.
Paying 50 cents for something that doesn't exist is alright.
Paying 15 dollars for a music album is already too much, when you just download it - no production or distribution costs - yet they charge the same price.
They just take whatever people will give - and depend on the greed and stupidity of players to buy this useless crap.

Let me explain quickly
Those filenames are Unix timestamps. They log every millisecond since 1/1/70.
Holla Forums stopped using that system last year.
The filename of OP is from this year.

lel wut

Shroud of the Avatar.
archive.is/0YuDO

I decided to look up that Ozy311 guy, his last tweet was last year. He was last active in SC on April 25th.

Perhaps he's run out of organs to sell.

Yeah.
It's a nice deal, and they can expire too.
Spend 1k on a plot of non-existent land, wait a couple of months, it vanishes. You are left with a bit of text.

You can buy your own city for $4000, if I was a rich motherfucker with billions of dollars (aka if I was Notch), I'd consider the idea of buying a city. But god damn, $4000 for 1s and 0s.

Those 4000 also only buy the terrain for the city, you also gotta buy the buildings and such.

About $40 getting Hyper Light Drifter as gifts for some friends that really wanted it. I've never spent more than $20 on a single videogame.

If I was a billionaire, I'd just build a real city - forget video games, I'd make a real life simulation instead.

Have you heard about the new point and click from the monkey island guy? It looks alright, but seems to lack flavour. Still $20 though.

He's making another? Badass.

It's called Thimbleweed Park - old style point and click adventure in a comedy style.
Maybe more similar to Maniac Mansion or Day of the Tentacle than Monkey Island.

The game was released a month or two ago.

He says he wants the rights to Monkey Island, but it hasn't happened yet.

I could go to a third world country and buy a house with that kind of money

New 3ds xl super 2000 just for pokemon y and sapphire. Games were cheap though, like 20€ each. And when the next gen comes out I'll probably crack it and play all the shit for free. [Spoiler]I tell that to convince myself[/spoiler]

Why haven't you killed yourself yet?

I spent $160 on a copy of Shantae for the GBC. I don't regret it one single bit.

I've spent roughly 2000 eurobucks on WoW over the years. Get on my level plebs

That fucking nostril at 3.48

THE ABYSS CALLS YOU

$0

Do I win?

-failed to come across one of these for Need for Speed
-failed to come across a tilt gamepad for motocross madness
-failed to come across a spaceorb for Descent

Oh, wait, does the price of the actual game count? Then $60, err, $70.

Do you need help, like are you going to commit suicide?

I could stick my dick in it.

What kind of drug does that?

That's not too bad on four years OP. Good job keeping your wallet tight. EVE can be a money hungry beast if you are weak to that kind of milking.

My most stupid and expensive game is just for buying the same game two times. DS2 and then for the DLCs, DS2:SotFS. What a bunch of shit to buy the same game, but it was only for about 40€ DS2 + 20€ SotFS, so not too bad.
Still pisses me the fuck off.

jesus, I feel guilty having paid probably $600+ over 10 years on WoW, from launch.