navalwarfare.net/files/SAI/SAI_MANUAL.pdf
mega.nz/#!tJUizbrK!sOFOaHtXCtusbZvNkXl-XUxbMZoYlnUGQ2vlpl_wchc
nws-online.proboards.com/thread/335/rtw-rule-waves-information-downloads
web.archive.org/web/20170420123908/http://8ch.net/v/res/12354506.html,
nws-online.proboards.com/thread/868/rtw-2-suggestions?page=7&scrollTo=11966
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oops, I accidentally cracked the console

I found so many in Goldeneye:
Hitting A & B detonates remote mines mid-air.
Placing mines in doorways or on items before picking them up makes them invisible.
You can get close enough to bullet proof glass that your gun clips through so you can fire.

There were many more but I have forgotten them over the years.

Never seen a one thirteen

and I never fucking will

fucking great laugh doing that with proxy mines
didn't the magnum just shoot through it anyway i cant honestly remember

Wasn't there a way to glitch to that island on the dam level?

Ya the magnum could penetrate it but everything with a long enough barrel would if you clipped it.

No idea, I haven't played in a decade and a half and never used the net to find shit.

In the 3D fallout games, you can just quickly unequip then re-equip a weapon to reload it instantly.

In The Division, you have an ability that deploys a wall you can use as cover. A while back you could go through walls and buildings by putting your portable cover up against a wall, taking cover on it, and then just crouchwalking to either side.

In Dark Eye: Sword of Destiny you had two utility slots on your character. Then there was a strength belt you could put in there. Now if you switch the belt from one slot to the other, the strength bonus would not be removed and you could switch the belt to and fro as long as you liked for ever increasing strength. One hit everything. Worked the same with magic resistance rings.

in marble blast ultra there are a couple checkpoints you can trigger before you are supposed to by jumping to your death near them, allowing you to skip huge chunks of level.

Wot game?

Rule the Waves.

Infinite lives on Spiderman and the XMen Arcades Revenge for the snes

On Gambits level if you jump above a star (coin) pickup, and its on the top row of the screen, it constantly acts like youre getting them. I kept jumping and moving away and got like 8-10 lives before dying to the giant ball and kept repeating

POKE

To this day, I don't know if this was by design or if my game was just bugged

Stackable buffs lead to so many exploits, you could be talking about any one of dozens of games.

Morrowind is a prime example.

I specifically mentione Two Worlds

I remember one of those games didn't have a limited top speed, but depended on how your analog stick, so people would carve off parts of the plastic around the analog stick to push it further and go faster.

For me Morrowind was one of the rare cases of exploits making the game more fun, once I had finished it with any character I was basically a demi-god but still liked fucking around agility buff stacking combined with slow-fall allowed me to cover the entire map in 4 jumps and proved the fastest travel I ever found.

A jump spell for a second and slow fall with zero power(so you don't fall slower, yet still don't take damage) for several seconds was my favored method of traveling.

Having several levels of jump permanently on you was also fun to go death from above with a spear or hammer. Sad they removed it in later parts.

that game was way more fun than it deserved to be.

I jumped west and catapultwd away from vvardenfell. I couldnt see the ground and didnt seem to fall after 10 minutes of waiting

Now you know how the Khajiit made it to the moon.

I thought they just drank loads of skooma and used a quarter pipe

Guess with enough skooma you can reach escape velocity.

In Drakengard they gave you a weapon that can stagger an opponent with every hit. It being a dynasty warrior clone, they try to throw big bads at you with high damage output in addition to trash mobs, you can permanent juggle them with no effort whatsoever, especially if you start hitting them against a wall.

Now combine both, skoom and the icarian flight.

Back on topic.
In Superhot if you throw an empty weapon towards an enemy, switch to him and grab it mid air the weapon is loaded again.

I discovered that in Mann vs Machines an upgrade canteen could upgrade a sentry' health past lvl 3. I'd put my sentries health way above 1 thousand

Forgot to mention, it was done by upgrading while holding the sentry

Those trips make me rock hard

Oblivion has plenty room for similar hijinks. Eventually I grew so bored of the mindnumbingly inane plot that I just stuck a speed enchant on a pair of boots and ran through the entire rest of the game.

Insane level of levitation plus 1st person view is so fast you can phase through walls. But same levitation with 3rd person is just really fast.

one minute on the dot

That fag who asks you to get a ridiculous haircut in Fable.

When you finish the quest you can hit him while he's trying to run away and it won't do the usual thing where it stops the game for a second.
I beat on him for like half an hour and got my strength stats to a pretty high level.

In Spyro 2, there's a level where Hunter has you ride a manta ray.

If you ride the outer bounds of this level (I think you have to be OFF the manta but I don't remember) and you hold the analog stick in the direction of the barrier while swimming at whatever Spyro's maximum speed is, you'll eventually clip out of the level. You can explore it out of bounds, which I did many times, but going to certain places crashes the game so it's not explore on a real console like I did.

This is the first time I'm posting about it because I didn't want to ever risk helping the mental patients known as "speed-runners" with their stupid shit, but hopefully this won't ever become a 'strat' for them.

Did you get 1:12?

Is this really an exploit? Wouldn't your ship get devastated by enemy fire due to having absolutely no armor on those massive guns?

As far as I know, anything over 6 inch guns have a risk of a flash-fire if hit by an enemy shell, the bigger the caliber and smaller the armor, the bigger the risk of a catastrophic flashfire.

even so, it looks absolutely ridiculous and I'm gonna try it later.

In Bomberman NES, if you let a bomb hit you and mash SUPER FUCKING FAST, you can walk around with the bomb effect around you, problem is you'll die if your mashing gives out even for a little bit.

In Gothic one if you euip and re-equip the strength giving ring it will keep adding to your strength
i'm not German

Stop being degenerate

back in this old autismblocks server, it ran this mod that allowed for towns and cities. there were massive raids going on, and our city was hit by one. we found that there was no penalty for dying, and because the server only restricted people to iron stuff and below, we just kept rushing out with stone swords one wave after another. it eventually tired them out and we killed them all, leaving us with some pretty decent loot because the admin had given them some autism shit. this tactic worked 13/13 times on one of the largest factions on the server.
supposedly, the battle had gone on for almost 6 hours while i was only there for the 1st or so.

I didn't discover either of these bugs on my own.
I used the arrow cheat to multiply items in Oblivion, and played the whole game as JOHN RAMBO, with unlimited arrows of cleansing (exploding arrows). Ragdoll everything.
In fucking Skyrim, I abused the potion of fortify restoration bug to make equipment that boosted alchemy and blacksmithing, as well as other skills, by absurd amounts approaching the 32 bit limit. I was selling legendary iron daggers for thousands of gold each, and killed the last boss in three sword slashes while taking nothing in the way of damage, as I was regenerating several thousand times my total health every second or so. They patched that out, so there's no reason to play that shitty game again on anything other than an offline console, unpatched.

As far as discovering exploits and such, in Super Metroid, I electrocuted that one boss (you know the one) before ever killing it the proper way.
In Battlefield 1942, I found that if you fired a rocket juuuust over the top of a tank, it would sometimes blow it up in one near-miss.
In Battlefield 2142, I found that the Zeller rifle would set off RDX packs and APMs, which made recon VERY useful. Got one guy auto-kicked from a game shooting one of his RDX packs on a silo that his squad was trying to capture. He got credit for the teamkills when I set it off. Too bad pro-Hillary SJW faggots run the resurrected 2142 server these days.

Felt good, man

Is it me or are these kinds of things just not there anymore in current year vidya? Or maybe I am just not invested enough anymore to find tricks like that

Oddly enough the only gltiches that seem to be left in games these days are gamebreaking

It was cool doing glitches on that game on XBL.

Gears of war 1 had some cool glitches. Ninja flipping outside different levels and running around.

I'm sure there are still useful exploits but these days many devs are worried about being "competitive" or getting micro-transaction shekels so they patch them out.

Yeah, I saw plenty of high-skill flag-snatching like that on El Alamein in the old days.

Game breaking as in the original definition, where you cannot proceed further, or the game just plain crashes.

I wish I could remember more exploits and wackiness, but it's all a blur to me anymore. Oh, right, the Relm sketch bug in Final Fantasy 6/3. The first time I did that, I saved the game, and when I reloaded, I had shitloads of gem boxes, economizers, experience eggs, Ultima swords, genji gloves, paladin shields, and other endgame equipment. Burning down Kefka while healing from just about everything I got hit with was hilarious.

That's risking instant-death through magazine explosions/flash fires, is it not?

thick*
What armour, if any, did you put on top of the turrets?

If you shake or give a small knock to a mega drive you might jump to a latter level in the game you're playing or even reach a level select screen depending on the game. When I was a kid this happened with duckhunt, toy story and sonic 3d.

I remember something similar happening, but I was on my own and had filled a giant fortress with traps and surrounded the underside with obsidian/tnt. It was a faction server but I decided to fuck off to a giant mountain. There was a single master switch that I flipped on whenever I saw someone getting anywhere near the general vicinity. Both factions tried to raid and I must have killed them all 3 times. Eventually they started building forward operating bases outside the range of my fire arrows and destroyed the place while I was in class. They still triggered most of the TNT and lost some pretty high level gear though.
My dad had cancer at the time and I took out my emotions on the spergs playing autismblocks
I haven't played it since. I'm fine with going out in a blaze of glory

Shit ton of time spent getting out the map with the translocator on invasion maps. Loads a fun.
Discovering that the raptor could carry the manta ontop of the teleporter spawn, insta kill anyone who tried to get the redeemer.
Discovering that the leviathan could be flown with 2 raptors under it
Dropping the bomb down the 67th_way teleporter, killing everyone that was in that area

This ship is certainly vulnerable to instant death with only 6'' of turret armour, not to mention extremely light belt armour. I mean if you're playing as the USA anyway I'd expect you to be the leader in both technology and number of capital ships by 1949 24 years after the game warns you it was designed to stop and crazy balancing issues might happen so I doubt it matters but still.
Why the hell do you have ships from fucking 1909 with the obsolete modifier still in your active fleet 4 decades later, by the way (also some fucking pre-dreadnoughts, by the look of it)? That's a wildly inefficient use of your admittedly stupidly high budget.

One job user.

Anyone got a link for this? If I like it I'll buy but right now $35 looks pretty steep for what it is.

I think one user uploaded it back when he was doing a playthrough thread with Holla Forums, I didn't bookmark the link but another user might have it or someone might have archived the thread somewhere. In the meantime I'll link you the manual and forums so you can get some basic advice down.
If you like it you really should support the devs, they're dedicated autists who do all their own support and don't force DRM down your throat.

I found an archived thread from last year but the link was dead.

In Transistor if you unlocked just one second modifier slot you can give everything two modifiers because they'll keep the extra one even if moved to a position that only has one slot

Forums: nws-online.proboards.com/board/25/rule-waves-discussions-rtw
Manual: navalwarfare.net/files/SAI/RtW_Manual_133.pdf
Manual for Steam and Iron (the game RTW is based on, it goes into a bit more detail about the battles but a lot of the info isn't relevant: navalwarfare.net/files/SAI/RtW_Manual_133.pdf

Was it the one where anons played as Japan? There was another thread doing the same thing just recently, I advise reading through them anyway as a sort of tutorial.

Sorry for you loss man thats rough.

What?

That third link was wrong, of course.
navalwarfare.net/files/SAI/SAI_MANUAL.pdf
I'm afraid if the archive link is dead you'll have to wait until a kind user uploads it or digs up the mega link unless it's available elsewhere. Perhaps a share thread?

Shit I meant quackshot. Confused duck shooting with shooting ducks.

This any good? I grabbed it from the share thread so I've got no idea if it's up to date or what have you. Current version of the game should be v1.34b1, it'll say at the top of the game when you launch it. If not I can give you a hand locating the patch (I forget if they require a serial key to download it, if so I'll go upload it for you).

The whole shtick of that playthrough was to retire nothing, fight as many wars as possible, and lose as few ships as possible. Plus a bunch of fucking around with ship design. Alos, there's nothing more thrilling than sinking the pride of an enemy fleet with a dreadnaught from 1899.

Oh, fair enough then. I hope you were playing with historical resources and varied tech user. Do you realise that 1.31 is an old version of the game or is that an old secreenshot?

Download was good but installer is asking for a serial.

I'm not too worried about it. I generated industrial levels of salt from hotpockets and sockshitters for 3 weeks straight. Besides, Dad made it through chemo and is cancer free

the serial is in the filename

It's v1.0

Thanks user.
I'm an idiot

Thanks for that user, I didn't know that either.

As I said once you're done

Hm, does the patch available here for 1.34b work or does that patch require v1.33? Assuming the serial key is valid I can upload a copy of v1.33's installer if needed.

>THIS UPDATE WILL PATCH ANY PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE GAME TO THE LATEST VERSION.
You should be golden if you download the 1.34b1 patch and apply it, please tell me if it works.
nws-online.proboards.com/thread/335/rtw-rule-waves-information-downloads

I checked, It werks.

I just updated from v1.0 to 1.34b1 using that serial, everything works fine.
Thanks user.

I have the last Rule the Waves thread saved as well as the game it's self from that thread, however I renember the thread's number and don't really want to duplicate work by uploading it to mega again. Polite sage seeing as this is a useless post now that it looks like everything is sorted.

It was one of my first games after getting the hang of things.

All credit goes to the share thread, I just changed some %s to !s.
Good to hear it's working though, enjoy the game. Use the manual and if you want a hand with anything specific I'll hang around the thread for a bit (failing that just make a thread about the game and ask there, there's a good few anons about who play it).

It's all ok user but you maybe should upload a copy of the most recent playthrough Holla Forums did, it does not seem to have been archived.

Ok, I was just telling you there was an update if you didn't know (it adds varied techs which makes long games a lot more fun).

Time to go diging through my archives then what fun.RIP my older way larger collection.

I started a game as Spain and everything is overwhelming me a bit, I'm going to RTFM before trying any shit.

This is why we schedule automatic backups to external devices user. Think of all the autism lost to the ages because people forget to do this.

Spain are a hard start, I strongly advise trying Italy instead and aiming for a war with Austria-Hungary: Italy are an easy start since you've really just got to focus on the med and Austria-Hungary are weak as fuck. You probably want to start a game with historical resources turned off and with a legacy fleet (i.e. don't 'manual build existing fleet').

That's not an exploit, that thing's going to explode the moment it encounters a destroyer.

A real exploit would be receiving $50M for a new battleship, starting pic related on the same turn that the quota check happens, then immediately halting and scrapping it for a total cost of around $300k.

There's also a known exploit that lets you rebuild ships as any other class, including different types (destroyers to battleships etc).

Punching that guy was so satisfying

In additon to being a forgetfull frugal fag, it's all fine untill the external's USB connection decides to act up and entering the case to get access to the raw drive is near impossible (untill after I had given up on the data and destroyed the platter as I thought the data was gone for ever) because of shit design (Hi Segate, just go and die already will you?).
Or the the time that both HDD's FS (File Systems) (one 2TB for GNU/Linux stuff and the other (NTFS) one TB for games) (the NTFS partiton recoved just fine, however the GNU/Linuxs drive's FS's were seriosuly fucked up, forgetting to metion it to the clerk untill after several days of processing on it with Windows most likely didn't help at all) that held the older larger collection on one of it's partitions goes because I forgot to give the system the extra five to ten seconds to ensure that all data is flushed to the disk as Windows was being a constant overheating BSOD bitch which lead to alot of frustration and to fast changing of power sockets without checking that the PSU power switch,main fan or socket power were fully off.
Also I personally not perfer not having an external attached 24/7 as I don't want it to courrput it's self one day after shutdown without ejecting or worse shutting down after it bitches about the drive being in use even though there should be nothing using it (and it still happening again even after waiting for at least a minute). This lead to the drive needing several disk checks (both GUI and commandline on which I forgot to use the attempt recovery flag) which killed half of the drives capacity luckly there wasn't nothing seriosuly important on it. I really regret ever playing PC video games and not just going full freetard untill I had learnt so more self control. Worry that disabling the drives write buffer might have stopped it from happening but I am afraid of trying it out as I don't want to lose any more data even for a short while.**
I don't need or want any sympathy, thanks for the offer though.
I weep for thee. Polite sage and spoliers for /blog/ shit.

Best site ever.

Dam forgot to sage that, appologies. Still the same problem.

Oh that's a good one, I never thought of that. I like to stay reasonable realistic anyway.
Really? Wasn't it patched?

I'd consider building massively gunned-up CLs at the start of the game a borderline exploit. Give them 14x6 turrets, 2.5''+ of turret armour (less than 2.5 gives them gunshields only) and no deck armour and they'll fuck up any CL, DD or even many light CAs they encounter for at least 20 years without even trying at an extremely reasonable cost. Something like picrelated (you could min-max it even more by going for cramped accommodation if you were Italy, AH or even potentially Germany and never wanted them to leave home waters). I've got some spare weight on that because it's an 1899 design and I opened it in a Raj India save from 1904 but you can see the idea.

Personally I backup to a mini-sever on my home network that is also used for general media etc instead of messing around with external USB HDDs. I mean it's more work to set up and I'm only moderately Holla Forums-inclined at best but the hassle pays off in the long run.

Blame Chodemonkey.

Every once in a while a ship will spot an enemy aircraft. What do they even do? Or perhaps this is something for future versions.

I think they just spot your fleet for the enemy, it's not something I've encountered much (maybe at all?).
Well the sequel is going through to WW2 and is going to do carriers and shit so hopefully.

Thanks to the power of grep, hoepfully it can be found on the main store otherwise time to run it on the archiving device and have it still be hapening when the sun implodes.

That is what I am planing on doing (to last I know, better late than never I guess). I already have the HDD's however Rayzen having PSP through a spanner in the works as I wanted to use the AM1 platfrom because of it's low TDP (however it supposly has "security features" and trying to find a motherbaord for it is a pain).

I remember a few games I get upwards of 100+ kills because of those little fuckers, the amount of hate mail I got after a round was incredible. Then DICE had to be pussies and patch it out.

Thanks to the power of grep, hoepfully it can be found on the main store otherwise time to run it on the archiving device and have it still be hapening when the sun implodes. JS is a mistake and never should been thought of.

That is what I am planing on doing (to last I know, better late than never I guess). I already have the HDD's however Rayzen having PSP through a spanner in the works as I wanted to use the AM1 platfrom because of it's low TDP (however it supposly has "security features" and trying to find a motherbaord even online for it is a right pain) and "upgrading" my gaming desktop to Rayzen then transfering over most of the current parts doesn't make sense from a economical power use pov. Downclocking and downvolting just to heopfully make the power use slighty even sane for 24/7 ont time most likely will completely butcher usability into nothingness (it's a 8320).

Ah, I got lucky and got said mini-server for free off of a mate so no worries like that for me.

Nice. Post specs/model number? I have the case already, a define R4, with the NIC being both the on board and a dedicated single port ~1024MB card, for storage 4x 3TB WD reds with a plan to use BTFS in raid 10. I know I could just give in a get a off the shelf one but

It's just an off the shelf Shuttle DX81 user, but I wasn't going to complain about a free piece of hardware.

DS81*

Found the thread on the webarchive (grep wasn't really helpful as I was being to specific) and I'l upload my copy of it as well because why not.
web.archive.org/web/20170420123908/http://8ch.net/v/res/12354506.html, the mega link from the thread #%EccBTJIY
%MqKZWSQqNv68hwOxBguat1gcC_i28O5hrJWxA-vXCtI ) , Rule-the-Wa-v-es-Baugette-Removed-Edition.7z my.mixtape.moe/tgwpml.7z ,sha256sum: 6d516298275657909359914a46bfd3c52013574eb4355b468284914b7594cc73 .

Doesn't look half bad expect for the botent CPU.
My sides have left orbit.

Unless there are more recent threads?

Surely there's someone in the world that uses it user, somewhere.

Looks like the right thread to me, shame it hasn't saved the images correctly.

They didn't patch the roadkilling completely, it just exploded when it hit someone, which was easily circumvented by playing support and throwing down an ammo box, then switching to recon. I had a little over 350 before I stopped playing on 360.
I knew a Finn back then who took great pride in having near 1k kills with it, if I remember correctly

I know probably says so. However
Pick only one.
On both copies or just the webarchive one?

Oops, only checked the web archive. I'll check the other one.

Can confirm the other version is fine. Thanks for the link user.

The main drawback of those cheesy deckless designs is that you're pretty much guaranteed to get "splinters damage machinery" at least once per battle. You'd also take a lot of damage from repeated BE hits, and since they're so small even minor damage going to sink you fast.
I personally have had a lot of success with big overbuilt CLs like pic related. The high cost seems like it would cause problems, but in practice it doesn't matter because 90% of the game is symmetrical cruiser battles where numbers don't really matter.

I honestly find that not to be a problem when fighting opposing CLs, I just have too many guns for it ever to become relevant and speed isn't too necessary for me anyway.
I might give it a shot at some point, I do hope RTW2 makes numbers matter in more than just Fleet Battles/Shore Bombardments and the occasional convoy raid.

Do note also that I use this design for early-mid game where accuracy is poor (odds of being hit at all, never mind BE, is pretty low) and number of guns is greater than any other concern in actually winning fights. Later on you can scrap them and replace them or relegate them to colonial duty etc.
Why don't you put dual turrets fore and aft on that design?

Wow step it up onii-chan

Please do not build ships with only 12" of turret armor

I've tried twin turrets, but you're basically adding 500 tons for what works out to a ~5-10% increase in hit rate after penalties.

I just went with the jump part, and used the fall damage to train acrobatics and restoration.

I found the trick that lets you press switches from impossible places in Doom 2 MAP15, specifically the one that lowers the barrier to the teleport leading to the red key. Normally you have to jump from a ledge to get to the switch. I was just pressing the wall like an idiot hoping it was a secret thing. Might also have noticed it in MAP01 with the computers, since if you press them in the wrong order you "can't" get the armor.

You've also got to consider the benefit of having them on the front/aft of the boat, they're going to be in a firing position much more often when chasing, for example, and can always fire on both sides. If weight is a concern you'd do better to dump a gun each side for the dual turrets, at least in my experience.

u wot?

in Desert Combat for the original 1942, if you fired an RPG perfectly and it just clipped like the top pixel of your enemy's head it would count as an instant kill and the rocket would continue on before exploding. once and only once i popped a sniper prone at the top of a little hill with the rocket, then blew up a humvee behind him

user who ran the "Rule the Wa/v/es" threads here, amazed they're still remembered

This is my go-to CL design. And a few more designs I tried out for fun.

You mean you stopped running them? Keep that shit rolling.

I like how this is now a boat thread

As for me, I don't remember how and don't remember why, but I managed to softlock Rayman 3. Ordinarily you have to walk up to a tower to initiate a boss whose ending cutscene would grant you a power that is crucial later on, but I somehow managed to fall from it and hit a "level end" flag. I don't know how I did that to be honest, I've tried looking into it and nobody else seem to have discovered it, I just stopped playing the game at that point because it autosaved shortly after.

Normally CAs can only have a calibre of 11 in but you build them or the legacy fleet it's possible to mount 13 in while still classifing them as CAs and not BBs.
Not sure if it's still possible in 1.34b1

1pic is what happens when you skimp on armor

RtW has an integrated ship picture generator
www.mediafire.com/file/df744w5zav4fkfa/ShipParts+sets+1+to+13.rar
All Files go in your ShipParts folder

Interesting, are you aware that less than 2.5'' of armour on turrets actually changes the type of armour they have down to gun-shields from a full turret? The weight saving is noticable but I see them get knocked out - temporarily or permanently - much more often.
The original threads were what got me (and I suspect many other anons) into RTW in the first place.

I shall test it in a minute.

Interestingly the game will continue to accept CAs with aramament heavier than 11in even after the legacy build as long as you keep the belt armour at 5.5in or less. It should be noted that I had not unlocked BCs in the game I tested it in so that may have an effect. I'll shoot off an email to the dev and ask them if that's WAD (and then the manual needs an update).

You can also use a speed as slow as 18kt despite the manual stating 19kt as the minimum for a CA, again dependent on keeping your belt armour low.

Just turn in the grass. It doesn't count a step yet you can still trigger encounters.

I caught all the rare ones this way

I found that if you played a custom skirmish game in warlords battlecry 2 with modified unit stats, and then saved one of those units to youur retinue it would keep the modified stats in the campaign. Cue the 999 damage summoners

I'm sure a lot of people independently found this shit in the original Red Alert, where you make some grenadiers attack the ground, and during the throwing animation, make them attack the ground somewhere else. They ignore the distance for that one throw and just lob the grenades wherever ordered.

Then play online and throw at spawn locations. If you get a wall of swearing in the chat, you'll know they're there. It was unpatched for a hell of a long time, too.

Do Italy next time you faggot. I would've hung around the last thread but you basically played the same game twice.

Since when did the Legacy builds come with generated pictures that looked that good? I never bothered with them because I don't have the patience to autistically build each ship, but it'd be really cool if you could set pictures to design types beforehand. One of the better things about the other games is just about every boat has a detailed little picture to go with it.

I stopped playing after RSE/FRLG so I don't know about the newer ones

I wouldn't worry about it. They probably already know. There's nothing wrong with speed running, the community is just currently cancer infested

Meant for

I thought and NPC told that to you as a tip to last longer in the Safari Zone

reminder that the non cancerous speed run marathon is streaming on the 21st.

One time I was playing Black Ops III with a friend. We found a bug by mistake by simply playing the game. It made us invincible all the way through.

Does the ability to back up a banshee and get above the height limiter on Blood Gulch count?

I don't think these two exploits even need explaining

Don't mind me, just skimping on the armour and limping right back to port.

In the flash game Swords and Sandals 2 you go through a large portion of the game with all of your points put in Charisma

They don't there are new ship sets that can be downloaded but those only change the colour scheme.

If you want more like in then you will have to rely on autism, every piece of riggin, every wave, every bit of smoke there should be 9? in the 3rd pic are seperately placed.
The conning towers in are made out of multiple ones, back the I even made the signal flags myself.

I don't know if you can make pics useable for the ai though.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B77YKog18qtvV0dST2J1UlduS1E/view

mediafire.com/file/df744w5zav4fkfa/ShipParts+sets+1+to+13.rar

drive.google.com/file/d/0B77YKog18qtvRmU4dnBuWGRyNjg/view

I have to say glasscannon BCs are and have always been my go to ships.
But I always have high displacement values and no low calibre secondaries

My ship has a fairly low displacement and is a glass cannon because it's an obsolete battleship. Not even a battle cruiser.
The turrets, engine and secondary weapons are a refit. It was like 22 knots when built. Originally had either 12 or 13 inch guns.
Was a fairly expensive refit.

That first one looks neat as fuck.

Shit attack but good damage sponge.

Rainbow Road might just be the best and most well known exploit in history. It takes skill to which is great.

That ship is no damage sponge, it has extremely weak armour in an obsolete layout, only the turrets are well armoured which probably through sheer luck ended up taking most of those hits.

The lack of hits on enemy is more likely due to the damage received. 6 main battery guns isn't a lot, but 26 heavy hits reduce a ship of that size to nothing more than a smoldering wreck. It was in a battle against Brits so that was probably 15-17 inch heavy shells too.

Yeah I like those too, apparently those are made out of scans from The Naval Annual by Thomas Brassery
aren't finished yet can be used but CA hulls sometimes don't generate correctly the writing aside from shiptype isn't finished yet either.
pics are from the creator

Set 14: Legacy CA*, CL (2nd class), DD
Set 15: Legacy B, CL (1st class), MS/AMC

Thanks, user.

Both of these designs suck ass
Guns bigger than 6 have a large penalty against all ships under a certain tonnage, i.e mostly DDs, MS's, AMCs, and TRs.
If your secondaries are larger than 6 you need to have tertiary guns of 6 or under

The New Mexico is a BC, it shouldn't have light secondaries at all. It's there to maul everything lighter than a modern BB from outside their gun range and outrun anything that can shoot back.

That said, it's still not very good. 1.5" deck won't save you from much and 10" turret is HMS Lion-tier. That many heavy secondaries with only 6" armor is flash fire bait.

In jagged alliance 2 you could multiply TNT by making a companion's inventory and hands full (And yours too I think) and then hold a stick of TNT in your hands and try to give it too him/her. It drops one on the ground yet you still hold the original stick. Just keep clicking and it makes more

That sounds fucking hilarious user.

Russia are more fun than Italy in my opinion. You've got to be really careful about moving around your fleet in advance of a war. Alternatively I'd like to see a themed run like the badnoughts one over on the official forums.

I've never seen that, but speaking of Desert Combat, the mortar launcher you get as support, place it on a slope so you can aim the thing horizontally and you're in for some infantry shit wrecking.

If you're critizing the Sagami (which was a 1950 build, just wanted to see what I could make at that tech level), it wasn't meant to fight anything smaller than a Cruiser.

If people are really interested, I'll run another session of Wa/v/es. I'll probably run Slavs or something, then make a couple tables for people to roll on, like "What was our predecessors philosophy for battleships, roll 1d5"

I'm definitely up for it, you might want to wait until you're sure plenty of anons will see it though. Any idea what day/timezone is most active?

Would be nice to see another run.
Supposedly varied techs with 60% research speed is a nice mix.
I'm trying it in a spain run and it seems pretty nice.

Anvil tornado spell?

You could make some crazy spells.

In a spryo, if you spend 5 minutes charging at a wall you can clip right through it and skip half the game.

In Pokemon Red and Blue, you can exit your house by standing on the mat downstairs and pressing down

Ah, ok, I assumed they were template pics for legacy fleets. Good shit if they're yours, show off some more please, I love the pixelated graphics.

Very strange that you would throw away the entire concept of a dreadnaught. That being an all-big-gun ship using only one caliber. From what the game says, firing two guns of similar caliber gives you a huge penalty on accuracy. So for instance if you're firing 4 12 inch guns and 4 8 inch guns at one target, the gunners can't tell which "splash" is which thus reducing accuracy. That's why BBs became a thing in the first place. But that's the beauty of a game like RTW, you can have so many different design philosophies to argue over.

I think I'm in the minority because I actually love CAs in late game. I'd rather have the rate of fire and number of guns of a ship armed with 8 inch guns. Once you get director fire control CAs become really good.

Sounds fun.

It is if you're playing beyond 1925 Who doesn't? Though it can be frustrating if the AI falls behind on tech and you become a seal-clubber.

Oh shit, I actually did not realize that. I was going to ask what you thought of this for a midgame CA, but if the 9"s will fuck with the main guns accuracy, it'd have to be reworked. If I remember correctly, this is a 1911 design.

Fast armored cruisers are nice in the late game because even in rear admiral mode you usually get control of one cruiser in addition to the line, so you can use them to force destroyers to do the fucking torpedo run at the fucking crippled battlecruiser you've been trying to goad them to do for ten fucking minutes.

{checked)
Yeah, it also has the negative effect of giving a nasty flashfire if your secondary battery gets hit, as mentioned ITT. I should clarify in that it gives a penalty to long-range shooting, and can be really handy for a ship designed to close in and brawl.

Yeah exactly, I use them as auxiliaries and their rate of fire in a fleet battle is extremely handy. You can even reliably sink old Battlecruisers with them.

I can do that though I will have to make new ones thus it might take a while.

I don't remember which calibres interfere with each other but it does.
I tended to do that because I can only put so many primary guns on a ship.
Never used those against DDs and other small ships though

Never tried that primarily because I always end up with BCs.

Newy amde pics for my german legacy fleet

*Newly made

Sasuga Italy

Are MTBs or coastal batteries worth the cost? I've never gotten much use out of them.

I've never seen either do anything before. I think about parking a 14" battery on Sardinia sometimes for laughs but they cost too much to justify it.

I used these things as commerce raiders and patrols, they were fairly efficient at that although in fleet battles they really weren't capable of taking much in the way of hits.

Batteries buy time against invasions. I always place minimum one eight inch battery on my colonial possessions, and if I have territory in the Med. MTB squadrons really shine, if for anything you get really cheap scouts that spawn on almost every random battle, and have the potential to sink some really big boats. The only time I've seen my MTBs get a kill was against the Austrians

If you're wondering why your fleet is taking so long to start an invasion in enemy waters, It's because your fleet hasn't "beaten" the batteries yet. I'm not sure if MTBs have the same effect.

Why waste the weight? other than that the ship looks absolutely solid, love the look of the superstructure.

This is porno. Thanks.

BTW dumb question, but what exactly IS the point to those tension wires anyway? They seem like they just get in the way and have a chance to cause a major hazard if they snap. My guess is they're there to add rigidity to the crows nests, kinda like you see with cell-towers? Or is it more to add structural integrity to the overall ship?

Thank you for reminding me of the only fun thing to do in BF3. Watching this was nostalgic in a weird way

Remember that 60% research speed isn't actually 60% slower because you can trade techs.

user you can take control of any squadron you want in Rear Admiral's mode: just right click on them and untick AI control (they'll have to be within sight range of the flagship though). If there's a CA in the battle you can manually use it.

That's the trick. Ships that you start with control over have more leeway in this, I've had cruiser divisions thirty nm away from my flagship still under my command.

fucking ship autists itt

Ah well, fair enough. I too am a fan of CAs working as independent squadrons to hunt down crippled capital ships.

Only the Navy can win this war.

Was suprisingly hard to find anything useful on non-sailing vessel rigging

From what I've read direct mast to deck rigging, so called 'tension rigging', was used to improve the stability of the mast.
There is also rigging for more things, shrouds for stability and being able to climb, those werer obsolete ropes with the introduction of shrouded and tripod masts, rigging for signal flags which is still used.
I don't think signal flags that much anymore especially in military use but during WW2 they were still common due to the unreliability of radios.
It could be that some of the lines one can see on newer ships are cables for electronics but I don't know.

Sailing vessels also have so called running rigging used to control sails and parts at which those were attached.
For example you have the Yards, the horzontal poles on a mast from which sails are set, on main masts the tend to look a bit like triangle, Halyard wich are used to hoist sails, flags and as they called it haul yards.
Then you have Braces which are just pairs of rope attached to the end of a yard allowing the crew to turn the yards by pulling the rope, or sheets which are ropes used to control the corners of sails, there are even more parts of the rigging but I'm not an expert.

Pics are the HMS Inflexible from 1881, the USS Arizona Pre- and Postmodernization of 1931, and the modernized Fuso, should give a good example of how the rigging changed

CL and colonial CL

In Stronghold: Crusader, if you don't completely enclose your keep, the AI will do everything it can to invade through the hole, since it is technically the shortest path to your keep. You can make a long ass maze and put oil pot throwers and they'll still run the gauntlet.

On some maps it is mandatory.
Especially when you have 3 bastards who do nothing but spawn endless waves of bodies with torches in very close proximity, all flanking you.

Zenimax Fallout is so fucking stupid.

Far as I know secondaries can't suffer flash fires so it's a genuine exploit. The likelihood of secondaries being hit also has no relationship to the size of secondary turrets, really the only downsides to having xbawxhueg armorless secondaries is the lower rof and superstructure hits being more likely to trigger the "splinters r killing ur mans" status.

Without doubt one of the greatest sources of frustration in this bullshit game. It is truly extraordinary how if you have a variety of ships stationed in a theater it will always without fail be your oldest, smallest and weakest ships which are pitted against the enemy's newest and biggest designs. The only way to soundly beat your enemy through offensive action is if you tell all your ships except for your strongest capital ships to fuck right off and leave the area since the enemy won't otherwise engage them. Once I discovered how to beat this dumb as shit system I built nothing but capital ships with only the bare minimum of destroyers to fill the CP requirement and only sent a fleet to blockade an enemy if that fleet's tonnage was within 20% of the size of the enemy fleet.

I thought that got patched? I'd have to go dig through the patch notes to be 100% sure but I do remember reading something about it in a patch note.

not really an exploit so much as a massive oversight. In Dark Messiah: Might and Magic (the kicking game) they give you numerous ways to kill enemies. Swords, shields, arrows, daggers, staffs, magic, etc, but absolutely NOTHING in the game is nearly as powerful as the source physics engine. Enemies that will kill you in 2-3 hits and require 5+ hits with the second strongest weapon in the game will be completely knocked over by throwing a box at them, where they can be insta-killed while on the ground. They give you so many complex combat systems with combos, special moves, and elemental weaknesses when the best weapon is picking up a rock and throwing it.

Actually the kick and physics interaction are designed to be the dominant strategy because it makes the player feel creative and intelligent, and gives players a broad and simple toolset that can be used to overcome just about anything regardless of your choices.

The person you quoted, check the first image.

aww shit I remembered some dumb shit you could do in Perfect Dark now that you mentioned it.
Crouching reduces bullet spread with ridiculous efficiency, and crouching further even more. To the point you could do this with the Cyclone in the gun range, toggle the super inaccurate fast full auto alternate fire and still land only bullseyes.
There was a p90 clone with an alternate fire that made you invisible but also consumed ammo very quickly, and firing interrupted it. However, if you hold the trigger down when it runs dry, the invisibility turns back on and keeps indefinitely until you let go of the trigger.
There was a point of no return somewhere in the G5 mission. You could send the spy camera past this point and let it be spotted by the guards, who would go alert. They would then fuck around colliding with each other and firing randomly as they couldn't get to you, eventually shooting each other out by accident.
There was also a way to get out of the front door of the datadyne building onto the street. If you crossed it you fell into a pit of nothing and died.

I remember the NPC mentioning fishing as not counting steps, not sure about turning in place though.

They found so many skips in that game. I still have the strategy guide that explained how you could get a lap off by going into the train's tunnel with a star in Kalimari desert. I thought nobody could figure that shit on their own, but here we are.

Speaking of Fable, you can quick save to keep your items and experience but reset everything, including chests or places where you can find silver keys, so by getting the silver key in that one cabin in the middle of the woods where a mission starts, you can keep quick saving and restarting the mission and effectively dupe silver keys, I did it so often my game started glitching heavily around the end of the game.

First attempt after a long while. It really looks like horse shit. Here's the second one.

Its still hard to see whats going on, you know you can go up to 12MB right?

OH look, a shitskin.
A shitskin who cannot understand or even appreciate true aryan games. I can't wait until we use sunshine to take down you underaged shitskin beaners and make Holla Forums great again

Then it sure is rare as shit because not once while going through the motions of sinking almost 100 BC's did one of mine ever suffer a magazine hit.

Using heavy secondaries also gives you an accuracy penalty because the spotters can't tell which splashes are from which guns. I think shell dyes reduces that penalty but there's really no reason to not use an all-big-gun design.

I heard somewhere, I think a Tortuga video, that the guy was already working on a Rule the Waves 2. Anyone have confirmation of that?

Yeah he's been working on it since last August.

nws-online.proboards.com/thread/868/rtw-2-suggestions?page=7&scrollTo=11966

In the Steam version of Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus, there is a high chance that once you get to FeeCo Depot, all the doors will be closed except for the passageway to Soulstorm Brewery. The only way to undo this is to start a new game.

Annoying as hell if you're going for 300 Mudokons.

Well unless you're too early to do so, of course.

In skyrim yes I know there is an extremely common alchemy ingredient called jarrin root. Because Bethesda doesn't know how to fix their games, a level 1 character can make a poison with it that will easily kill most enemies in the game.

I don't think I've ever really found any useful exploits, but it does remind me of a few weeks I spent a long time ago just completely breaking the shit out of this game. The game had a selection of completely nonsensical cheats to unlock, like "die instantly on touch" or "both players turn invisible". By doing certain moves, particularly grab moves or anything that made you change form, and letting them touch you, you could basically make anything happen up to locking the game.

Sure, you could turn the screen purple by good timing and lucky ai responses, or become a yellow ball floating in a black void, or the classic of winning/losing a round after the round was already over, but even just doing an uppercut on Nappa made him fly so high his head went up through the bottom of the screen. My favorite was inputting elbow drops as Raditz sequentially to leave the screen and come back from the other side.

I don't think I've ever enjoyed crap as much as I did with completely abusing this game.

The physics-engine in the Penumbra-series is bugged as hell. And since Overture lacks any monsters, just stupid puzzles using that fucking engine.
I figured you can get a chair and jump while holding it, so you can fly through the air and skip large portions of the game.

It was a rather disappointing game when, but entertaining enough when drinking.