Rain World

I don't know if we've had a thread about this yet but I just rediscovered this thanks to some anons, and I've really been enjoying it
Essentially the gameplay comprises of metroidvania platforming, without an upgrade/progression system.
You need to find food in order to hibernate in a small auto-locking vault because every 10 minutes, a giant storm brews up and the map floods with water.
Aside from hidden rooms full of bombs, firecrackers and other weapons spears and other pieces of rubble you can pick up, you have no defense from the flora and fauna that wants to eat you.
The sound design is superb and there's some pretty unnerving moments because of it.
The games about 44 hours in length, which I was not fucking expecting at all.

Somebody can probably explain it better than me, I'm a fucking retard.

Other urls found in this thread:

1fichier.com/?hfd70byj67
torrentproject.se/8f1b08d258b58c3f73b1b2ca807284d134ebbb84/Rain-World-GOG-torrent.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Magnet link/ mega or fuck off. Every time someone praises this game they mysteriously do not include this.

Not wanting to indulge your personal rules or assuming people aren't so retarded they need to be spoonfed magnets isn't mysterious.

First off, I don't even need to read your post because I can already tell from your images that you are a shill. How? Just look for yourself. They are all named tmp, what is TMP you might ask? Well, if we navigate to www.tmp.com we find a company that specializes in advertising. Going to their wikipedia page we can see they were bought out by Veronis Suhler Stevenson, a private equity. One of their major assets is the Berliner Zeitung newspaper which was the major news outlet of communist East Berlin during the cold war. The Berliner Zeitung is then owned by the M. DuMont Schauberg which promoted Nazi propaganda during WW2.

So not only are you a shill, but you're a communist Nazi.

REPORTED

It's board etiquette when someone brings up some indie garbage to prove you're not a shill out for attention.

This place is shit, I don't know why I even bother

Did you just read that whole post and it never occurred to you he was making a joke?

im not joking faggot reported

I got them from Google, man. Keep that tinfoil to yourself.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:7B93B93D4BBE579D25CF74265EDACF88F69FE76E
Fag.

Torrent for the autistic
1fichier.com/?hfd70byj67

>Taking the bait that hard
Come on user, you're better than that

leftypol detected

I'm a disgusting centrist. I think everyone is fucking retarded.

OP you were doing so well, you got a magnet and proved you weren't a (1) and done, but now you're gonna ruin your own thread with politics. Please ignore the retard.

Sorry, let's talk vidya. Has anyone played this or is it just me? Is killing yourself the only way to reset the sigils?

Well, threads closed. OP has been BTFO with no recourse.

My threads always die if I actually care about them. When I make shitpost threads they go on forever.
*waahs like Waluigi*

dosnt run on 32, otherwise I would be playing it right now, looks neat.

4 gigs of ram isnt enough for this game :(

Let me stop you right there. Only retarded ignorant normalfags give a flying fuck what game journalists have to say about a game. I could get a more reliably accurate score of a game by taking a shit and drawing psychic conclusions from the length, count, and colour of the turds floating in the bowl.

NOBODY who isn't an utter dumbass cares what IGN has to say about this game.

The "tmp" is probably just from them uploading it from an Android device you retard. My phone always prepends that crap to the start of filenames. Pic related

wat

That's quite a surprise considering the kind of game, then again who fucking uses x86 in the current year

So you're telling us they shouldn't have been browsing Holla Forums in the first place.

Good job discrediting yourself.

is there a leenoox version

is this board constantly targeted or is the average Holla Forumsirgin just this uselessly autistic

"Transmisogyny" is my favorite non-word. It implies that the people who ostensibly hate trannies, actually agree that they're "women" and hate them because of it.

Deranged Faggot: LOOK AT ME

user: k

user: A WOMAN!!!! Rev up the hate machine boys, looks like LITTLE GRILLE is back on the menu!

I met a tranny at my old community college before. They could never have a single conversation with anyone else without bringing up the fact that they were a tranny in some way.

Well when you put it like that the concept just sounds retarded beyond belief

This board may as well be renamed SJWhunt/Jewhunt at this point. A large portion of posters are incapable of just judging a game based on its qualities as a game. Instead they bitch about anti-piracy measures, the publisher, the game's fanbase, the developer's political leanings or connections to controversial figures.

It's almost as if it's an identity disorder.

Go homoe schlomo

fixed*

You're pretty good

I have a computer you stupid fuck, but sometimes I'm not exactly at it? Jesus Christ.

I don't care about what IGN rated it, I was more of making a joke about how the journalist reviewed it probably found it too hard, or they didn't get any shekels for reviewing it.

It's published by Adult Swim, but none of their games have had very much marketing anyways.

What do you expect from a board that hates video games and only likes talking about them and feeling smug.

Is anybody here going to actually play the game and see if it's shit or not? I dunno if my toaster can even run the damn thing.

I feel bad for you guys. Seems like shitty coding.
The game really isn't that intensive, minus the procedural animation and AI that can't decide if it wants to eat you or spin in circles.

Holy SHIT why does every thread about a new/different game have to start like this? Why does it have to be so difficult? It's a fucking video game. Fucking neckbeard faggots I swear.

Anyway OP i've been playing it for awhile and it's pretty good; art style is really great, feels like they really worked to develop interesting creatures that utilize the physics engine they use. Rage quite recently though because I kept getting fucked by wall lizards and smoke vultures, want to play more though.

If you can run it it's pretty good. It's really challenging though, ergo the shit score on IGN's part. Really pretty, weird exploration game with an interesting progression system. Worth a pirate, but if supporting actual not-shit games is a thing you care about, it's worth a buy.

Never heard of it, honestly. The lack of a progression system sounds nice. Too many games shove that shit thinking it's necessary.
I'm not that much into metroidvania's because I'm a fag otherwise I'd give it a try.
No one cares about IGN anyway.

Also, don't take the bait. I'm pretty sure we're being raided by autists again. Report and move on.

Except it's not.

Have you been eaten by one of those house centipede plants and figured out the sigils yet?

It is. You don't post brand new indie games without providing a torrent magnet. If the game's good you can buy it when you know it's not pretentious shit.

That thing has a lot of cocks.

That's really funny because whenever I've asked for torrents I get called a lazy faggot.

That hivemind.

Just look for it yourself or ask in the share thread if you want it that bad. Might as well demand magnets whenever someone wants to discuss any kind of game if you're going to be a fag like that.

Ask harder.

If I actively wanted a game I'de look for it myself. If OP advertises it to me I expect him to spend 12 seconds on the internet and find it. He's the one who's encouraging others to play it after all.

That's not the point. You think people ask for webms because they just really want a copy of the video and are too lazy to make one? No, it's because it means you are most likely not a shill.

(checked)
Trips of truth. Impressive.

Speaking of webms, I'm about to upload one of some gameplay.

Too bad this things unoptimized as fuck. Really seems like it could be neat. Here's a torrent for it.
torrentproject.se/8f1b08d258b58c3f73b1b2ca807284d134ebbb84/Rain-World-GOG-torrent.html

It can't probably its shit tier in optimization which is why I didn't play the thing long. If it ever gets patched to not run like shit I'll give it another try. If anons have decent pc's they'll probably fare much better than me.

Yeah, I don't know what engine their using but something funky is up.

they're* for fuck's sake.

i tried it, but i couldn't find myself enjoying it.

it has no music, the controls are really bad and loose, everything is grey and the background/environment is black, there's not enough spears, every item you can grab is part of the background and the "black" surrounding it, you can never tell whats an item and whats a blade of grass painted in black because its part of the background. and frankly, i find slugs disgusting even if they have cat parts.

i was expecting you to have a spear on you all the time to attack with, since the game art advertises just that, but no, the spears are shit hidden in the background that you have to pick up and throw at enemies. also for a game based around exploration, you can't really explore for shit. if you go too far, like a couple of rooms only, the fucking rain comes, and you gotta return to the safe area fast, oh and you better have consumed enough energy in that short trip you did to hibernate, otherwise fuck you.

must have uninstalled it about 25 minutes in. its feels like they had a good concept for a game but didn't manage to pull it out very well. if i had to say what turns me off from the game the most is the lack of "style". like i said before, no music, and everythings grey and black, except the slugcat, which is white, it screams "2deep4u".

I got a toaster and the only optimization issue has been the main menu, once I actually got into the game it performed fine

The game isn't about attacking things. There's certain enemies that use spears, and that's where the real combat comes into play. You can run by, grab their weapons and throw them at them. Most of the game is about avoid predators, not killing everything.

There's music, and it comes in when enemies are nearby. I don't think your opinion is very valid.

And it's not only a couple rooms, you just need to be quick. You can't just wait around, sometimes you need to be aggressive and make a mad dash. There's like a 10 minutes timer before the rain comes in, like I said in the OP.

??????????????

Nice.

Let's try that one again.

I'm way under the recommended specs honestly. I still gave it a try sometimes I can force things to work fucking with the settings or even changing things in the graphics file to not display everything.Easy enough when shits just in text. It really annoys me how many of these indie games are poorly optimized.

the area i played was nothing but ambient noise, until you meet a predator and it becomes "spooky ambient noise".

i passed the first safe, and climbed up to a place with a few purple predators. i walked like 5 rooms away from the safe, tops, and the rain was already coming in again, fuck that.

well its just my opinion, people can find out if they like the game for themselves. i didn't.

My experience generally mirrors yours. Except I went into the game not expecting anything as I have not follow the game's development at all.

The game looks pretty good, with a consistently dreary atmosphere throughout. Unfortunately this comes at a cost to clarity and readability. There were moments where I wasn't sure if I was looking at an actual platform or just the background.

The procedural/physical nature of the game's animation system makes it all feel a bit "loose". Some of the tighter jumps were tough because gauging exactly how far you were from a ledge isn't as straight forward as with most 2D games. The larger enemies tend to look more like flailing ragdolls than living creatures. The highly contextualized control scheme also can lead to clumsy handling. I think the game needs a crouch button.

The overall structure of the game is what bothers me the most. You have to reach a certain level to access the stage transition gates. You level up by sleeping with enough food to hibernate. If you die by any means, your level is reduced and you have to grind it all again. While exploring new territory, a combination of randomized spawns, dealing with stage gimmicks, and not knowing where the next save room is can lead to a boring level grind before you are allowed to move on to the next area.

I spent a good couple of hours on it before dropping it.

Are you for real?

W E W
E
W

wew

Nice trips.
I wish there was another place to go, this one went full cuckchan at this point.

This, its a neat idea and the game certainly has its charm but playing it for a while you feel like there is something missing.

I spent 10 minutes wrestling with the controls to wall jump before realizing that I had been going the wrong way for the past hour. Also was about to get rained on, but kept missing the jump to the next area because it plays worse than LBP.

We're better than halfchan. Which is the saddest thing about it.