Get rid of the generals. Get rid of the generals...

Get rid of the generals. Get rid of the generals. Holla Forums is getting so slow it's insane and generals are choking the life out of the place, that Mark can claim we're choked without generals is goddamn lunacy. Why is it okay to have generals but we go into an autistic shitfit if a "template thread" is posted when they're the exact same thing?

Send 'em to /vg/, "b-but nobody uses /vg/ on 8ch!" Fucking start, and maybe once it actually has a userbase from people deciding to post on it it'll speed up. Why is this catch-22 even a thing? "We don't use this board because it's dead, but it's dead because we don't use this board." Do you realize how blitheringly retarded that is? Do you not realize this is why threads can survive for weeks now on this board, meandering along listlessly until finally hitting auto-bumplock after a month? The rules reflect a much faster board and most of them are detrimental to activity at this point in time, but I'm not even going to get into what a mess the rules are in general.

Get rid of the generals, they are a board vampire

Other urls found in this thread:

endchan.xyz/v/catalog.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just delete Holla Forums already.

I think you mean 'the fat kike strangled /vg/ to death to feed his ego'.

New Holla Forums when? Where?

That's probably a part of it but it's a deliberate decision on the part of the users to not use the damned board. Alternative Holla Forumss failed as well from a combination of being strangled out and nobody actually bothering to use them, primarily because they weren't already fast. There's that goddamned catch-22 again where loads of people check it out, don't post, then complain it was slow.

endchan.xyz/v/catalog.html
:^)

wew

It's pretty hard to use /vg/ when the cake-eating jew was giving people shit for telling generals to fuck off there in the first place.

call me when masterchan comes back

Who cares what Mark wants? This board is so mismanaged it hurts, his "vision" for Holla Forums is a goddamned mess when each vol has their own agenda, there are far too few vols to actually broadly enforce the rules, and most vols don't seem to be interested in anything but pruning template threads or removing webms. We only just recently got board-logs back after Codemonkey fucked up and made a bunch of IPs visible, so there's that layer of transparency back at least.

Never. Mark the kike has cemented that he is king jew as far as Holla Forums is concerned and any alternative brought up is just "spam". Don't cry Holla Forums, this is the grave you have dug yourselves. Now go choke down more rob threads.

Except the creation of /vg/ ruined Holla Forums at the time, and it would be even worse here.
Which is what the people who came here during the first wave knew, and that's why they're allowed. Newfags always assume these kind of decisions were made randomly by Mark without any backing and now think they're the experts on the board and should get to decide. Fuck off.

The fuck do you want them to do?

How? They contain discussion for games/topics that people here are dedicated to that would otherwise flood the board with tinier, deader threads. This site is not popular enough to warrant separation of specialized generals from the more, er, "general" discussion.
The fuck are you on about? Do you even know what a template thread is?
Why do cucks insist we imitate every bad decision made at their home? Our own head mod of Holla Forums makes enough bad decisions as it is.

When was the last time we actually time we actually had one of these?

I don't remember anything along those lines whatsoever, I recall a big slump because of the activity missing from several pages of generals being told to fuck off and then things evening out back to normal after maybe a day or two. I'm not going to entertain a pissing contest about the first wave of immigrants when numbers are slipping and it matters less and less, there's enough purity-spiraling with this goddamned board as it is.

Enforce rule 8 for "shitting up threads" more often (one or several of them have been doing a better job of this lately), keep their dick-beaters off of the "delete all posts by IP" button because I'm sick of the board being turned into swiss cheese in response to a handful of posts, as well as totally do away with Mark's "case-by-case" silliness and broadly enforce the rules. But Mark's claims on the administration style changes every time he's asked about it (he's gone from "case by case" to "hands-off" to "as need requires" before, he's unable to keep this straight on his own and vols have had to step in to clarify because he clams up when pressed for any question harder than "what would you like on your cake"), and as I've already mentioned there just aren't enough vols to actually broadly enforce the rules. Maybe look outside whatever IRC clique they've got for more janitors.

And clearly if there's interest in the discussions they'll flock to those tinier threads and they won't be dead in the first place.

Don't pull this card with me, a template thread started life as a totally identical thread-OP as coined by Ruggarell's use of it and eventually changed to refer to any of a series of "generic" thread-starters we declared we didn't like because reasons. With generals starting the exact same way each and every time they crop up they are by definition template threads.

Nice "le cuckchan xD" boogeyman, you sure showed me. Also we last had a ROB thread about a week or two ago, providing I haven't missed seeing any in the catalog.

and when there's a normal vidya thread, I remember some user saying
I agree that template threads should be killed from Holla Forums once and for all but generals try to be vidya related though it attracts disgusting avatarfags and tripfags sometimes I don't think Holla Forums is ever gonna be fixed to everyone's liking

Template threads always struck me as a gross overreaction to Ruggarell in general, I honestly can't claim to remember the guy and everything I know about him was tertiary. I can't even get a straight answer on how many identical threads he made to be perfectly frank, or if it was just Mark's autism tickled like the 4AM avatarfags.

Maybe make it an informal rule that whoever is making a vidya general on Holla Forums also has to put a >>>/vg/ link in the OP.

Fuck off

That strikes me as fair, tentative allowance of generals with a slap to the head that /vg/ exists and you should be using that if you want general threads.

Sounds sensible, let's see if we can't throw a bone to some of the current generals to try that.

god damn it I just want to talk about videogames, why am I getting over stimulated by thick 2D all the time

BORING

If it's for FGC shit or rscing, then I don't see a problem with it. All the news goes there instead of having a thread for every DLC character pack and every time Ono fucks something up. If it's to make a pseudo cyclical for a game like Nier or Overwatch, then they should be told to fuck off unless some time has passed or something substantial happened.

I wanna fuck that