Furi

>finally get this game running on my toaster without crashing force directx9. It has some errors like purple gates and no ingame subtitles but it's better than not being able to play past the third boss.
The fuck is this bullshit at least I can redeem some of my terrible ranks on the later bosses. What exactly is the criteria for an S Rank for The Hand? I can dodge his attacks fine but it takes me a while to burn through his shump segments because he reflects everything.

Talk about Furi, I guess. Favorite boss, soundtrack, what ending did you go for, how hard did Bernard kick your ass?
This is a game that's 80% pure bosses and 20% shitty walking segments. It's pretty flawed, but what's there is incredibly fun and I think it's very much worth playing even once. Here's some links
Game: #!zBJWHQYQ!rGvbIwJPgflc5MuFv0VEYZhp7DzmDtAF9d76z4NY6nI

Update:#!chpGhJBb!EKD5Q2uiWSIEpaXHG0bSnmNM9z1MOHSLb8D-maFsM44

DLC:#!M4dW0ZCD!z_pFXA85BmzDyr9HK_c9-sHNHyXdvWq6I3thHh0DvtA

all passwords for all archives is PCGames-Download.Net

Also I really like this idea that the game is nothing but bosses. Besides Hero's Core I don't think I've played anything like that, any recommendations?
The Song is a mega slut

Bumpan. I don't know why but this music so far is my favorite ingame. It's not something I want to listen to outside of the game but during the fight this song hyped me up to no end.

Stop attacking his shield and it won't be a problem.

Even if it's from the side it's still reflected. I had hoped if I parried the reflection back enough times it would break his guard or something but nope.
The one thing I had figured out is that staying as far away as possible from him forces his shockwave attack in which I can attack him in, or just getting up in his face forces his melee.

Furi has DLC? Is it any good?

It adds one +one fight, The Flame. He's a really fun fight with lots of projectile combinations and arena gimmicks.
The second fight, bernard, is 8 of the main story bosses in 8 phases, on steroids.
Yeah it's pretty fun. And it's nice to hear this song being put to use.

The DLC is the most satisfying curveball I've paid for in a while
>there was another secret boss
>it's the best fucking fight in the whole game easily, and that's only on normal
>it feels like ENDLESS EJACULATION on Furier
Absolutely top notch, this is how you do DLC

I've personally found the game rather lacking.

Some of the music is breddy gud, but I can't really recommend the game gameplay-wise. It could use a lot more polish.

I forgot to finish this, even though I really liked it. I think The Song was the last one I fought.
Thanks for reminding me.

In my opinion it could have used a lot more everything.
Imagine if it had a vertical axis to aim, dodge and attack on as well.
I like it for what it is but it really needs much more, and the technical side of the game is abysmal.

Have potential, and is a good boss fight game since at least 10y
You are the reason vidya is in the loo

but furry isn't a good game. it's a very mediocre, predictable game with retarded long walkscenes and shows you all of its tricks and designs in the tutorial level

Good gameplay, but lacks content

Wow, what a fag

Embed related

The only complaint with any basis are the retarded as fuck walking sections.
Everything else is wrong and its obvious that you played the first boss before quitting entirely like the casual faggot you are.

I apologize, what that link you posted for the game? Is it a mega link, I can't tell.

plebe

But it's a good game, that's why shills posted four music embeds before some cuck actually posted yet another embed showing the mediocre gameplay and graphics. Look he's even capable of making fun quips

Yes it's a mega link.

the most boring and basic boss fight I've seen in a long time. this game is horrible and you should feel ashamed to admit liking it.

Great argument nigger are you also going to complain about the fact that you can break the bosses attack patterns which also have chances to be different so you don't get too conditioned, which can either work on your favour or against you depending if you actuall got good or not?

Where were you on the Overcuck threads?
Get the fuck >>>/out/ faggot

Also a reminder that if this shit was Japanese you half this board would fellating it like there was no tomorrow.

This faggot has never played Mount&Blade or any RTT, guarenteed.

Isn't it kind of japanese, with the Afro Samurai guy doing the character designs?

Hold up pal what's wrong with M&B or RTTs? Don't drag shit into this, just ignore.

wow, what an exciting feature list. What platforms is this game available for, mr. marketer?

You're telling me its not japanese? With a name like furi, it fooled me

nah, japs know they can't get away with vapid walkscenes and need some actual substance for half their game and not just have it otherwise be bossrush shit.

What do you mean by walkscenes? I was under the impression that furi was a shmup. Is it just cutscene > boss rather than cutscene > stage >cutscene > boss?

XD

Basically between every boss and boss you get at least a minute or so of just walking while the narrator tells you about the upcoming boss.
It serves as a cooldown period but personally I don't like it.

Its made by frogs, but yeah, character design was done by the Afro Samurai guy, this game should have been the officially licensed game, not the other two pieces of shit.
Nothing, they're just not good games/genres to guess the quality by watching gameplay of it, jut like 4X or GSG.
Yeah, this is blatant shitposting, OP even shared the share thread MEGA and these fuckers are going wild.
Just pisses me ofr since I've been rule 8 volled by less.

Pic related
thanks for bumping

a walkscene (or walkietalkie) is a moment during a game where instead of playing a nice movie file you could skip, they literally have you walking and you're locked to exclusively walking for minutes at a time. it might be pretty but holy shit is it substanceless.

at least when kojimbo made you climb a ladder for a few minutes it was kinda funny even if a little dickish. these niggers made a bossrush game where you're forced to sit through what pretty much amounts to a pretty loading screen while you walk to the next boss. fucking trash.

Every time I see you post that pic you're being incredibly butthurt and acting like a child.

If it is just a minute, I suppose its fine, but no option to skip is pretty shitty. What's the gimmick here, what's new with the gameplay portion? Are the boss patterns difficult, or are there certain interesting mechanics that are being introduced. Someone mentioned there's melee combat as well.

Hi again, shouldn't you be trying to prove to someone how mainstream Sega Net Link was and how console online was already mainstream before the HUEGs life cycle?

Its this, no new mechanics are introduced until the final boss but your arsenal and how you use depends greatly on the level and bosses and its always changing.
Shit like charging your sword for a more powerful attack isn't even needed until you master the game.
Theres both melee and shootan and you have a teleport/dash ability that you can use, the lenght of it depends on how much time you charge it and the bosses require you to know how long do you need to charge it for.

Every boss has at least 4 or more health bar, every health bar has different attack patterns and attacks, last pattern is usually a full berzerker mode where they throw everything at you.
Every phase usually has two bars, although there are some exceptions. The first is a shump section. The second is melee combat. The shump section controls like a twin stick shooter, the enemy throws shit at you while you shoot that shit and the enemy, sometimes parry, sometimes dodge, sometimes you melee the enemy or they melee you, it differs.
The melee is you and the enemy locked in this kind of small dueling circle. I'm not going to lie, it usually boils down to wait for an attack, parry/dodge and then attack them back. In my opinion the fun of it is trying to find ways to finish it as fast as possible, whether it be not parrying the entire attack cycle but instead dodging and interrupting their attack cycle, or mixing in charged slashes in your 4 hit combo.
The attacks in the melee segment comes in two forms, parry and dodgable. The parry ones give you a small white light before the attack gets you, the dodgable has a large cone or circle indicating where the attack will hit and as you've guessed you can't parry it. You can dodge the parriable attacks, but the window is very short and satisfying
The mixup comes in the way the attacks come out. For dodgables the shapes are different, sizes, the way you dodge them, their speed, patterns, etc. For parriables it's how fast the attack comes out and how many attacks are chained. They play around with how many attacks and the delay between them, so the first two are normal attacks, then the third goes out really quick and must be parried precisely after the second has been parried, then the fourth takes a second(with a trick animation to force you parry early and get hit) before firing up, and so on. They also sometimes mix in dodgables and parriables, and arena gimmicks like holes in the arena, walls coming out, and so on. for mechanics it's more like gimmicks for every boss but the basics remain the same. Normal bullets, green bullets that spawn health, purple homing bullets, clear undestroyable bullets, shockwave attacks, radial shockwaves, dodgable and parriable melee attacks. Some bosses get different shit, some bosses mix multiple attacks.
My advice is download the link I posted in the OP and give it a shot. It's a love it or hate it kind of game, as evidenced by this thread.

seems somewhat fun. Guess I'll give it a shot once download finishes
or just let it sit on my desktop like usual

No idea wtf you are talking about but the dreamcast had very mainstream net play before the xbox

Stop shitposting

Nobody mentioned pso or quake 3, but one of those is a great example you autistic shill

Good idea for a game, bad execution.

Stellar soundtrack.

Nice ID hops
Thanks for the bump

Its as badly executed as Dragons Dogma

Tbh you can press a button and the character auto-walks to the destination, thus becoming a literal cutscene. Also after you finish the game you can fight every boss individually in whatever order you want without having to watch those cutscenes.

ho ho ho, look at this wrongfag right here
also what said - apples to oranges, retard. better luck rolling more brain cells next time IP changed, but same user

I thought the game was pretty fucking good, been listening to the soundtrack a shitload since it came out and I wish I'd picked up one of the vinyl copies while they were still available. Still need to go back and finish my Furier playthrough and pick up the DLC.

Even though Green Vaegirs are superior Vaegirs its pretty obvious that you haven't even touched the game.

Not only that but my post was made to criticize your evaluation of the game throught a single Jewtube clip which is extremely hard to do with a game such as M&B.
I give no shits about what games your pleb ass owns, fuckoff and stop derailing a thread of a game you've never played but could easily pirate.

Synthwave is life

the cognitive dissonance here is strong. you just want to like this shitty game, despite any argument to the contrary. you don't need to justify your shit taste to a bunch of anons. I've pirated Furi twice, tho, and found it lacking both times. DMC3 and Ninja Gaiden Black are among my favorite games.
STAY MAD

Great argument lad, hered your (You) and kill yourself

Anyone got all the endings?

There are plenty of actual reasons to dislike the game, but I can already tell yours are largely superficial and shallow as they're most likely opinions you're only parroting from others. If you are going to do something, do it right.

good job outing yourself, reddit. also, your implying' that I was comparing the quality of the game instead of the difficulty was vastly misplaced
>>>/oven/

you mean like the completely scripted combat pacing; something that is a core gameplay feature? core is the opposite of superficial, you mongoloid. idiots defending this game don't even know what the words they are using mean. I could also go on about how about the awful decision to make the dash activate upon button release which gives it a sluggish feel and is another major turnoff, but I've already spent enough time talking about this art game you all seem to like so much. have fun, faggots