Diablo 2

Got the urge to play this game again after like 10 years. Can't find it in the stores anywhere and can't find my discs… I remember Walmart pretty much sold both diablo 2 and starcraft battle chests always… as sure as the sun rose in the east and set in the west. But now it's just diablo 3 and starcraft 2 in the PC sections (vomit). Any ideas besides just ordering online? Sorry for the shit thread.

just pirate it dumbass. its a 17 year old game for gods sake.

god i'm old

you're out of luck, pal, the game can't be acquired anywhere
how about that, huh fuckbuddy? you're not getting your game
what are you gonna play now, you little shit? nothing that's even worthy of kissing diablo 2's feet

I'm old enough to remember the nerdstorm about them wanting her to play muh Holla Forums ancient magick stripper in the TV series.

Just pirate D2, it's basically everywhere.

:( i'm cryin right now, thanks a lot

What absolute faggots. Fuck blizzard right in their pozzholes.

I'd say "keep an eye on the bargain bin at best buy" or try second-hand or vintage game shops. But for all that effort you might as well just buy the fucking thing on ebay.

And I guess the clerk at whatever brick-and-mortar modern-game store might buy it online for you and call you when it gets in, if you're just averse to paypal.

be adviced that blizzard has done some fuckery with the cd-keys to curb botting.

so older keys dont work anymore afaik, you should read up on it tho

It's a game made like over sixteen something years ago. You can find it online. For FREE.

What the fuck is wrong with you? Also check ebay. Tons of discs and whatnot if you wanted one but I wouldn't give money to activation right now.

Yeah that's why I want to buy a copy because I want to play on battlenet and want a real cd key.

I would just buy it from the blizzard store
but i also play retail wow, so my judgement might be off

if you have your old cdkey, you email their support and they will give you a new updated one.

that's awesome, but like I said, I can't find my discs. If i do find them or if i buy a game and the key doesn't work, I will email them for sure, thank you

last time I check Diablo 2 script extender doesn't even work with the latest patch.
So even if you do own the game you'll still need to pirate it if you want to use mods.
which you should medianXL and plugY are both something you should really check out for going back into D2

No clue what these mods are, why would I need them?

Last time I played d2 was after the expansion released but I quit around the time the "Ubers" were added to the cow level. I am reading a little bit and it looks like they made the game way harder than it used to be as well… more creatures have immunities in Hell difficulty. Resistances have always been reduced in higher difficulties but apparently they reduced leaching % as well and now you can't even life/mana leach off bosses in NM and hell. Not sure how some characters can even advance… Apparently they "fixed" the necromancer blood golem where damage returned through Iron maiden is treated as damage done by the golem and thus sustains the blood golem's life. Now blood golem has NO use at all? How is that a fix exactly?

Blizz fucked up a lot of the balancing as you're finding out, you're better off with the mods to fix them + they have better drops and cube recipes

As sorceress pick two elements to put skill points in.
Have good vitality, block rate, and decent damage.
This actually sounds like a good thing for blood golem (-> sustains its life), but I always rolled with Fire Golem because fire aura brings in monsters.

At patch 1.10 is probably where some popular builds started to decline and the focus started to shift to other ones. The game isn't all that hard if you're conscious about cheap runewords you can make off 1 playthrough of normal.

The mods worth playing are total conversion ones, but even then they're not that great.
i.e Median XL will often spawn hordes of monsters that go above the hardcoded sprite limit- so everything disappears while the frame rate will tank. Gameplay wise, it is its own thing- some to disagree with and some to appreciate.

Can't forget Faster Hit Recovery, and Faster Hit Rates.

Take your shitty bait thread and kill yourself OP.

The necromancer fix was to take that ability away, meaning, the iron maiden damage return wasn't ever meant to be read as damage done by the blood golem. Now the blood golem doesn't leach life from that and is basically useless which used to be the best way for him to tank.

All the patches was why I quit the game because I only made pvp characters, so when a patch would happen, it was a roll of the dice whether or not the character i spent 6 months making was completely ruined because of one or two stat changes. then after i quit they gave the respec skills lol

Examples of some of my characters getting screwed was reducing the radius of necromancer curses. Lower resist had the biggest radius, so large that you could successfuly curse a teleporting sorceress off screen. Whenever you saw their X appear on the minimap you could curse and be reasonably certain with enough plus skills, it hit her. After the radius reduction a nova sorceress could teleport close to you faster than you could curse her, and you couldn't just spam bone spirit because without lower resist she would beat you in damage ever time. Decrepify radius got reduced as well which made fighting charge paladins way harder too.

I know a lot of pvm barbs characters were made worthless when they changed WW to be affected by weapon speed, so every lance barb was now useless. There are other changes too, but these are just ones I remember, and I I suppose none of these complaints matter now that you can respec your skills but I have no doubt my account is long gone as well. /shrugs.

I always saw pvp as a screwy thing in Diablo. Was useful for knocking people off the Hardcore ladder, but most of them at the top run passworded games with their clans.

I remember killing people off screen with Assassin traps planted at the screen's corners. Overall, I don't think it was a game particularly designed well for pvp.