Fighting Game General: WE WUZ STREET FIGHTANS N SHIEEEET Edition

Ed confirmed as SFV's next DLC character. He uses simplified inputs compared to the rest of the roster.
New beta test confirmed for May 11~14: capcom-unity.com/harrisony/blog/2017/05/01/capcom-fighters-network-beta-2-coming-to-ps4-and-pc-may-11-14
The game will be released on 05/16/2017.
Starfire, Red Hood and Subzero confirmed as the first 3 DLC characters: youtube.com/watch?v=mB6BHtwigEA
Microtransaction model confirmed to only affects colors and fast unlock stuff that can be normally unlocked by playing the game.
Darkseid is preorder exclusive at release. PowerGirl, Zoom and John Stewart are special skins available on some pre-order bundles.
Two guest characters from other franchises confirmed as DLC and Season Pass users. Harada is asking who the fans wants to be in the game.
Costumes and modes were also confirmed as DLC. The game will be released on June, 1st. Eliza confirmed as a preorder exclusive character. She will be put as a regular DLC a month later.
PC version released: store.steampowered.com/app/586140/BlazBlue_Centralfiction/
Gameplay and characters available detailed: gameinformer.com/games/marvel_vs_capcom_infinite/b/playstation4/archive/2017/04/27/50-details-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite.aspx
Game will be released on September 19th. Deluxe version includes Sigma, other 5 DLC characters and 6 costumes, skins for Ryu, Thor, X and Hulk.
The console version will be released in Japan on May 25th, May 26th in North America. June 1st on Steam.
There'll be a retail version of the game compatible with the ones who update their normal game with the DLC.
UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[st] is confirmed for PS4, PS3 and PSVita. The game will be released on July 20 in Japan in physical and digital media on PS4. Digital only for PS3 and Vita.
The new version comes with new characters, crossplay on PS3 and PS4, new modes and balance update.
KoF XIV is comfirmed to be getting a PC port.It's coming this May and there is a closed beta being prepared right now.
Whip, Yamazaki, Vanessa and Rock Howard were released on PSN.
Arcade version coming to the new NESiCAxLive2 system. KOFXIII, 98UMFE and 2002UM on Steam are all based on their arcade versions
Mr Wizard has released a rankings list based on the number of entrants for each game at EVO on twitter: twitter.com/MrWiz/status/862044228217470976
EVO 2017 will feature 9 games: Blazblue CF, GuiltyGear Xrd Rev2, Injustice2, KOFXIV, SFV, Melee, Smash Bros. WiiU, Tekken7 and UMvC3.
EVO Japan will happen between January 26th and January 28th.
Punch Planet new video featuring combos: youtube.com/watch?v=43QjykqeKiI
Cerebrawl new character: youtube.com/watch?v=ayHtKpk5ib4
Trajes Fatais(TRAF) will be released outside of Brazil under the name TRAF: Suits of Fate
Fightin' Herds latest stream: youtube.com/watch?v=ipvxFkQ4iaw

Download and register for Fightcade here: fightcade.com/
Get the full rompack over here: mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans
Discord Group: discord.gg/DbHMSCd

For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF (please watch this if you want to get into KOFXIV):
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
Guilty Gear Crash Course: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
The Complete Killer Instinct Guide by Infil: ki.infil.net/characters.html
DOA5LR - Full Character Guide & Frame Data - Created By Arcade Sensei: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/MkROK
twitter.com/MrWiz/status/862044228217470976
meh.brpxqzme.net/timeline.html
vidyawrestling.wikia.com/wiki/Holla
gamebillet.com/tekken-7-deluxe-edition?affiliate=971341c6-ed95-4cec-8335-0dcaae8806f7
archive.is/A1owx
discord.gg/rykxAB6
pixiv.net/member.php?id=50384
shoryuken.com/2017/05/11/is-chizuru-possibly-the-first-of-a-second-wave-of-dlc-characters-for-the-king-of-fighters-xiv/
nhentai.net/artist/kotobuki-tsukasa/
discord.gg/x7gb2p
archive.is/Ii1Lu
twitter.com/examu_PR/status/864073999046787072
twitter.com/MMCafe_Prof/status/864082887343128576
twitter.com/AnonBabble

post your mains

Also on an unrelated note, why did none of these characters ever come back to KoF?

Will this fall into hell ever end?

Previous thread: archive.is/MkROK

White is lawsuit material

Were you honestly expecting any better from Capcom?

I just thought they managed to hit rock bottom already

Frankly, only one of them was even in a KOF game.
But, SNK kind of hate their franchises, unless they are Fatal Fury.
By the way, this is a list of characters that I would like to see in KOF. And I know it's not going to happen.

**>Look at White and, as said,
imagine the size of the process SNK would receive in USA if they released that there.**

that bums me out, man.

posting

Did that china conference ever get uploaded to youtube? I want to check if this is real.
I hope it was a mistake and not evidence about the patchislot character rumor

I miss Mr. Big

FGC has absolute abhorrent taste in games, it's not surprising in anyway,

Aren't the Sengoku games property of another company?
Also great taste, Metal Slug Attack's new characters are very underappreciated especially Cat Leona. Hope at least it comes out as a DLC costume

Regular EVO or Japan?

Regular
twitter.com/MrWiz/status/862044228217470976

And of course the games I want to watch will have shit slots.

Should've seen that coming, really.
If the games were actually chosen by the FGC, SFV wouldn't be anywhere near first, and certainly Smash wouldn't be there. It isn't about taste, it's about who puts the bucks to get in.

Who are your top FG composers, Holla Forums?

I love Ayako Saso, Hideki Okugawa, and the Iwais. I'm getting a relatively famous indie composer on board to do music for my game but he's never done fighting games before. He has a really big project coming out soon, so he's busy and won't be able to start until July, but man, I am so excited.

I'm probably only gonna watch KoF if the slots are bad for GG and BB. Don't really give a fuck about the rest, especially SFV.
Watching SFV is like watching paint dry.

I remember the nips picking Smash over SFV in some tourney recently.

The EVO Japan qualifier or something, right? I think I know the one you mean, where the three games are Tr4sh, GG, and KoF.

That was for the pre-jap evo tournament. SFV is gonna pay it's way into the real thing regardless

DAISUKE

Second

Tekken Time yet?

Does every fighting game have a ninja?

Whoever did KOF'96 soundtrack. Yeah, I know it was more than one composer

That portrait is from the KOF World game but the chinese wouldn't stop talking about that in the chat during the stream. And being racists towards the japanese in the presentation

Well, if this means the stream schedule too, my sunday will be free at least. Too bad for saturday since it's where most of the AnimEVO stuff happens.

Every franchise or every single game? Because, Street Fighter II didn't have any.

gonna pick up a ps4 for tekken & rev2, is there any reason to get pro instead of the normal one if i don't care about 4k or vr?
>inb4 get the pc version, i have legit reasons why getting console is more convenient and cost effective for my living situation

did snk even market kof xiv in america? i remember they did fuck all with xiii. kind of feels good not caring about kof anymore, watching xiii die for years was miserable.

All market for USA, Mexico and the rest of the americas are all on Atlus. And I would say they did a fine job. Many sponsored tournaments with prizes at many events and promotion on their social media. They did the same thing with XIII having even a forum and the whole Mai figurine and poster at EVO2012.

SNK killed XIII around 2011 when the director and almost everyone of the staff left and the president, at the time, tried to turn the company in a pachinko focused one.
If anything, the community should keep the game alive if they like and not expect the company to do the job for them. People play 2002UM in Japan regularly still today, hues love vanilla 2002 and '98 is sill pretty active on fightcade.

Is kof 14 for pc really happening?

Kemono Friend Leona.

If those examples you posted before are how the music in you game will be handled, you are doing a good job finding the right people.
About composers, the people behind Capcom games in the nineties, like Alph Lyla and Arika team were godlike. But personally, I find Dan Forden one I like. MK ost is not as powerful as SF or KoF, but he is consistent, and can release some interesting stuff to this day. And kept working in fighting games for years.

Yes. Later this month the beta test will start but there's no release date.

Shiki deserves to be in the next Samurai Shodown game.

Speaking of that, when the hell is SNK gonna announce their next game? Now that the PC version of KoF XIV is near, you'd think they'd start getting their next project ready.
I really hope they make a new Twinkle Star Sprites and Neo Turf Masters or revive Magician Lord 2 eventually, but it's pretty obvious their next games are gonna be Metal Slug 8 and Samurai Shodown VII

SNK made the first 2 but then the 3rd one was from Noise factory. I don't think the characters from the 3rd game would be possible but Mizoguchi made it in impact(which was also made by noise factory) so it's all up to money and if oda feels it's possible.

user, this was more than 3 years ago.

In my defense. I don't keep up with the community.

Yeah, I really liked the idea of "rebooting" AOF as a brawler Oda said in an interview earlier. Keep fighting games as only KOF, SamSho and Garou at most and sparsely to not happen saturation like in the 90's.

XIV maybe will receive a new update with characters and balance besides costumes. But that doesn't take an entire team to make. They can focus on a new main game now.

The fine folk who worked on the Soulcalibur series (particularly the first one).

I would be all over that, I'm pissed that the only place Oda asked what fans thought of it was on kikebook.

I would not

Just make it a different IP and add in the AOF universe. like garou kinda did

If they did it the way he was talking about; Continuing the story, but changeing the genre, I see no problem with that. If it's a legit reboot, then I'd have problems.
I like the characters from AoF, but them making another fighting game would just be too much of a flood. What I see as the best case scenario for AoF in terms of Fighting is for SNK to add aged AoF characters to Garou 2 when they get to it, maybe add an ultimate option that lets you pick between Garou's meter and AoF's spirit gauge.

>They could make Krauser, Kain or White, rethinked, as the last boss, to keep that tradition of secret FF characters.
>Of course, last battle will be Mr. Karate, but only if you were good enough.

Could work.

They have tons of IPs from the past that people still love and still haven't brought back, just because AOF is a fighting game isn't the sole reason why its still a dead series. If they did a genre switch it would just splinter the AOF fanbase starfox and sonic style

Skins, skins everywhere!

Every goddamned time. Also, what the fuck did they do to Power Girl there?

The gallows would be too good for him.

Recently I've found this guy, 2080, he did a great job in LASTFIGHT.

alpha 3 >>>>>>>> SF5

It's not hard to be better than the literal fucking bottom of the franchise unless we're including SF1

I hope you don't think you're posting an unpopular opinion here, considering literally every other SF is better than SFV.

It's a miracle she still have the boob window, but damn, they missed the mark AGAIN.

Just mute, I did that, it became bearable.

Remember to not join the discord. It's full of anime-girl avatar faggots.

I'm not sure why you're stating the obvious.

FG noob here. I'm having trouble when facing Leos online in Rev. Offline it seems I can somewhat consistently throw him when hes doing his rekka, but online I can't do it as consistently (due to additional frame delay i assume). Any protips or do I have just have to git gud? I mainly use May

That's true but EX2+ is still the best street fighter game

Try to IB the second rekka and then do an OS. Either 6HS+button or 4HS+button: the former FD blocks third rekka and throws his 2P, the latter throws the rekka and FD blocks 2P.

this could be said about any "pro" video game player

You might like him, hate him or just don't give a damn, but it's
NUCLEAR NEGRO

I'M NUCLEAR
I'M WILD
I'VE BEEN SAYIN' IT FOR YEARS

Polite sage for shitposting.

Don't know if I should get rev now or wait for rev 2

Is rev 1 on sale? If so get it because you can upgrade from rev 1 to rev 2 for a small fee like how SSF4AE to USF4

Never trust actors.

Last time it went on sale on PSN, no dlc were discounted, now, if you have rev 1 without the dlc characters and upgrade to rev 2, will you get thwm too?

From what I can tell, you won't. ArcSys have been quiet on this, and I figure if they were including them I'd have heard about it.

They said they'll offer Rev + Rev2 as a complete package for people who don't yet own Rev, but they didn't mention any prices. I assume the complete package is gonna be cheaper than getting rev now + upgrading to rev2 when it releases.

That seems to work, now to try it online. Thanks m8

If that's the case, they will make the $20 version of rev 2 completely useless. If that's their plan, people will be pissed!

I guess I'll wait since the prices are still iffy. anybody still play +R? I've got that in my library but i stopped playing it cause practice mode kept glitching

People will be pissed off no matter what they do in this regard. If they do include all the DLC, then people who bought deluxe versions on PC like me will have been screwed out of their shekels way more than those who just got the regular version. That'd still be a smaller amount of annoyed people as many wouldn't care, but it'd also mean less opportunities to get money as nobody would be buying Dizzy's and whatnots for Rev2. Though IIRC Rev2 base is known to contain all the DLC, but the addon never mentioned that so probably it doesn't.

What's the likelihood of Arcsys revealing a third character for Rev2 or at least having hidden after the story mode? Steamdb has had added 6 hidden DLC for Revelator, three/four of the six must be for Rev, system packs, colours and maybe soundtrack, but hopefully the rest aren't stupid heads for lobby characters. Maybe Robo-Ky is there so I will finally start playing the game again and having real fun.

Man they really didn't think this costume through.

That's why they should not have DLC AND expansion packs. One or the other are acceptable, but fucking both? And the expansion will also have it's own DLC too. This is a joke.
I also got the completw version for pc, but while Arc delivered a great game, they sure want to go full kike just as capcom Imagine if they could sell skins on Xrd?

I remember when I was first getting into anime and thinking the nose's were weird, mostly when the artists did that single line stuff and it was like they didn't have a nose at all.
I am never gonna to critique that over-simplification again, those sure as hell look a lot better than that pig snout that's very common in this game.

Yeah, watching this was a mistake.

As far as I know, she doesn't have the boobwindow anymore in the comics and is stuck in the shitty Earth2. I don't even know if she appeared in Rebirth. And you know, it could be worse.

The thing is Oda and other SNK staff questioned about adding more AOF characters like Jack and John, they said "nobody would know them" so retelling Yuri's kidnapping might be a good idea. Maybe for the changes, let the setting be in the KOF universe and make Yuri as a fighter already training alongside her brother so you could make a Yuri's scenario after you beat the game as Ryo/Robert.
As for fighting game besides KOF, you can also have a Mr. Karate II, NGBC Robert and MILF Kasumi in a Garou sequel.

How about we first know who the "nobodies" are they surveyed from and then we tell them to git learnt. filthy fucking casuals and "wider audience" will never get it and it's fighting game lore, it's not that hard to get caught up with unless you have goldfish memory. It would be pointless to do a reboot. I would rather have a small inconsequencial story like AOF3 is inse

instead of a "saga story" like KOF does or AOF 1 and 2 are.

KEK

What year does Garou take place in again? Trying to figure out all the ages of the AoF characters at that point.

meh.brpxqzme.net/timeline.html

Neo_G is known for reading 2ch. But most non-mexicans/south americans/chinese have no backstory on SNK characters even with 300 rereleases on many consoles.

Jesus fuck, this is like ME:A levels of mediocrity.

That's pretty much what Oda was saying they do if they'd continue AoF. He just talks how there is room to continue AoF's story, he just wants to experiment with a beat em up instead of making another fighter.

WHY THE FUCK ISN'T THERE A NETCASTER FOR +R YET LIKE THE ONE FOR #RELOAD

WHERE IS IT

HOW DO NETCASTERS WORK

WHY AREN'T THERE MORE OF THEM

I don't know if this post really belongs here or if it deserves it's own thread, BUT;
I wanna play a decent wrestling game, preferably the one that Holla Forums plays in those wrestling matches that stream once every 6 full moons or so. Anyone got any advice on which one it might be?

They really are just phoning it in until Infinite, not that I have hopes for it now

I have no idea what Holla Forums plays every so often, but from what I hear these are the good wrestling games:
but I don't know much about any kind of wrestling, so I can't say for sure.

Yea that game looks fucking awesome.. I don't know if it ever came to PC though which sucks..
Heard that was not as good.. Shame.
Seen this come up in a list when I did a little bit of research.. Looks a bit too stylised for me, want something a bit more Saints row 2 rather than saints row 3/4/5 if you get my drift
This is quite an old one right? As long as it has decent customisation and single player i'm not too fussed.. The WWE games on steam look okay, but the mixed reviews mentioning the frame rate and optimisation and shit are kinda putting me off seeing as it would probably be a big download.. Plus, the one that that streamed a while back looked the most fun, like, Robocop vs Terminator fighting or from what I remember Adam Jensen was fighting against Balrog and lost. But this page is all I could find when I did a quick search, and seems fairly dead. Doesn't mention the game either: vidyawrestling.wikia.com/wiki/Holla ForumsWE
Sounds like some weird weeaboo early access style block-people physics shit. Is this not far from the truth?

ok

Unlikely for most of the developed world. Enjoy that subsciption fee, limited peripheral support, premium vidya cost, shit/infrequent sales & quicksand consumer-lockdown business model (and ded console since PS5 already coming)

Reminder that a T7 Deluxe edition sale is still on, effectively removing the jew fee for complete verison. gamebillet.com/tekken-7-deluxe-edition?affiliate=971341c6-ed95-4cec-8335-0dcaae8806f7

jesus christ how horrifying

The only good wrestling games are
-Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain
-SvR: 2006
-WWF No Mercy
-WCW/nWo Revenge

And then there's some okay stuff like All Stars, and some of the Def Jam games.

Pleb

no bully pls

WHY DIDN'T YOU BUY A SATURN user?
WHY DID YOU FAIL ME?
But in all serious it's bretty good outside the long ass character intros, worth checking out if you every dick around with a Saturn or try emulation.

Tell me user, can it, at least, be emulated?

You failed us Segata, why did you let SEGA fuck the west so much? But here, have more Wrestling

I know No Mercy does everything it does better, but it's still a good game.

Oh, yeah, the Def Jam games probably have the best single player out of what I listed.
It's stylized, but it's what most people want out of a wrestling game: most of the best wrestlers from the WWE's history with the best gameplay. The 2K games, while having more polish graphically, have much shallower gameplay (from what I've seen).
Only if the PS2 is old, which I guess it is. Can't speak to the single player, but the core gameplay is there.
It's a Japanese engine used for wrestling and fighting games. The Def Jam games use it, as well as plenty of weebshit like the Ultimate Muscle game.

is there any FG dev more
JUST
than capcom right now?

I haven't tried it myself, but apparently Saturn emulation in almost perfect now thanks to some random jap. I forget what the emulator is called, but just ask next time there is an emulation thread up next time
Also there is an arcade version you can emulate in mame

I forgot to put it up there, WCW vs. nWo: World Tour was alright as well.

Hey GigaDev, seriously, if you plan to make cameos in your game, try to add Yoketsu from Slice, Dice and Rice. I think you can identify with her. She can kill death with blunt attacks, is the only character in the game with super armor and she does not "parry" or "counter", she stops attacks with her should, and clash. Pretty good big girl.

Reminder to join the discord if you actually care enough about fgs to play them instead of just talking about them ina thread and pretending you do

He just looks so generic. There is absolutely nothing about this character that stands out.

That nigga ain't even got half a game out there and you're already asking for cameos, fuck outta here with that shit.

She looks way better then I was expecting tbh, although my expectations were rock bottom.

Uh… hmm.

What is this? This is a fighting game?

Looks to be one of those "simple execution fighters" like Fantasy Strike and Divekick, although at least the art style is interesting. I tend to think the main reason people make these games is because they're usually too lazy to properly balance a traditional fighting game with lots of moves and combos per character.

Not sure about this lady being a guest character though. Does her moveset translate well into a traditional fighter with combos, specials and supers? Would I have to make those up if she doesn't have them? Would she even lend herself well to becoming skyscraper-sized to fight my characters, and would the creators approve? Lots of questions that need to be addressed. Can't just slap her in, of course.

Not much is happening development-side right now, just trying to get Sachi's basic animations into the game without problems (some parts of her skeleton were giving us issues). So uh, here's some Drarin expressions.

Here's a funny thing to do, let's make simplistic corruptions of fighting game names like "Divekick". Let's shorten every game's name into something simple that describes it (like they did with sports: "handegg" "divegrass" etc.)

Divekick: Flash Game
Killer Instinct: Edgepunch (or Darkslap)
SF5: Grindpay
Tekken 7: Crouch-scoot
Skullgirls: Weebmemes
GigaMaidens: Hugebitch

UMVC3: Vergilmash

Gigamaidens: ideaguy

Shit dude you got me.

smash has the prettiest ladies

Looking for the Adams apple

Just so you guys know, the next sega pc ports will be Shenmue 1 and 2 followed by VF5 FS complete with quest mode.

I want to believe.

I'm so grateful that we've got people whose dads work at SEGA of Japan, thanks for the info user.

I want to believe, but I am prepared for disappointment.

Skies of Arcadia never ever. ;_;

How is Sfv Ed gameplay-wise?

From what I've seen he's insanely good on merits other than having simple inputs, nothing would change if he had motion. Good normals range, good combos, nice damage, three anti-airs for different angles, and he can pretty much fake fireballs. He has no standing overhead and I can't confirm this specifically, but he might not have an invincible DP.

Can it get any worse?

Which characters have low reversal in Tekken except for Drag?

Holy fuck

I'll suck your dick if that's true. Should have released VF5:FS in June since that's it's 5th anniversary

But if you could make her playable, she would act like Hugo with plenty of super armor and maybe a bit like old Shingo, where you could cause critical damage if you had a good pace. She could also "guard impact" like Soul Calibur characters, but, probably not low.

Well, but talking about the game, it's a "simplified" fighter indeed, but not to the extent of Divekick. You have vertical slash, horizontal slash, both work on air too, mega slash and parry, back and forward dash that also work on air.
I's not a one hit kill game per se.If you hit a character with the point of you blade you will hurt the character, limiting his/her ability to jump. But, if you land a good slash, or a mega slash, that round is yours.
The parry system is a bit interesting: It is the only way to stop a strike, but it does not guarantee an attack. If you parry an attack, you give the attacker options to back dash or parry your next attack. But two characters are different, the big girl Yoketsu and her husbando. She clashes, which stop both of them, and he counters. You can also use the parry and dashes to whiff attacks and bait your opponent.
You can have a pretty good amount of tension in the game, but the Poland developers probably didn't had much money or knowledge to "deeper" the game more. It's a charming small title.

Can, they can ask money for fixes, and then go F2P.

Well, Grandia 2 got a new PC version last year…

So, how would the "Hard Girls" of the company you like the most look like?

And one info form TRAF. I was talking with their background artist and they are planing to migrate the game to Unreal, but keep it 2D. What do you think?

Only Jun, Anna and Lei also have kind of a low reversal, basically if Anna's Chaos Judgement stance (b+3) is attacked by a low she automatically counters, same if you're neutral in Lei's crane stance. Both of their counters are launchers.

Gotta correct myself, Jun's genjitsu counter is a low parry, not a low reversal.

I can't play the beta at the moment bc I'm away on travel but I read that his uppercut super, the ex version, is iframes start up, but is slow like urien's ex headbutt. Cannot confirm though

KOF4 for PC looks good.

So apparently (according to the Guilty Gear Discord) Rev 2 will include the DLC characters from Revelator, and I was just uninformed. While I feel sour for buying the deluxe edition of Revelator, the alternative probably would have been worse.

Doesn't Heihachi's reversal move work on fucking anything? Albeit it hurts health anyway.

Well, SNK just got its own waifu/poster girl with a weird fixation with Joe's butt while poor G-Mantle is relegated to deskwork now. Capcom-chan is probably Ono in a Chun-li costume spreading lies.

Also, about TRAF, didn't they already switched to Unreal? In the backers forum they're discussing the soundtrack and music of the game in general but I don't hear about gameplay for a while.

I disagree. I think the whole "simple execution fighter" game from nobodies devs is because they're trying a marketing gimmick for the casuals who find fightans too hard. Doing the "standard" way, they would have to rely on something like waifus or some 3rdParty fanbase like Aquaplus, Nitro+, Dengeki Bunko, Persona and even DC/Marvel because otherwise, they would directly compete against IPs already known in the market like KOF, Tekken, Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter. Even Blazblue that is somewhat recent IP(8 years old) had "from the makers of Guilty Gear" to back them up.

Also,
KOF: hopfriends
MKXL: fifty-fifties
DOA5LR: boobiecounters

Let's hope for some lightning/texture mods.

Oh yeah I don't think the rumours got here, but the ones about Chizuru and SamSho characters replacing the pachinko girls in KOFXIV were debunked by a guy who works at SNK: archive.is/A1owx

OFFICIAL FIGHTING GAME GENERAL DISCORD discord.gg/rykxAB6

It looks pretty cool, I guess.

wew comments destroying them

Please tell me that this artist has made porn.

Alice makes my penis feel weird.

Goddamn.

I hope this person renders Muimui

Remember when Tekken 5 featured ports of the first 3 arcade games as an extra, a classic Namco shmup, a beat em up mode, customization as well as all the other flagship modes for 60 dollars?

Wow, like W-O-W, I mean like helloo?! Entitlement much? Capcom works so hard for us legit fgc aficionados and I can't hear any of your arguments over the sound of me taking up a third mortgage to lease new™ colors for my main.

Is there a way to configure keyboard controls in SFV?

No.
Enjoy your street fighter 5.

Anyone wanna play some Ultimate MAHVEL 3? I'm making a lobby right now.

WE

The first one? Not that I know of.
Dai has a pixiv account - pixiv.net/member.php?id=50384

Stop perpetuating the full content release myth. Our greatest ally has suffered enough!

You're not being the full set? It's because of cheapskates like you that the community can't go anywhere. And don't give me any shit about needing both kidneys.

N-nevermind.

shoryuken.com/2017/05/11/is-chizuru-possibly-the-first-of-a-second-wave-of-dlc-characters-for-the-king-of-fighters-xiv/

I wouldn't mind more DLC characters, but it seems too fast to pump em out in the same year as the last wave.
Shingo, Kasumi and Mr. Big when

Read

I just miss Shingo so much

I feel it would be too greedy to want CYS but I'd pretty happy with Kasumi, Hinako, Grant and…got no idea for a 4th so I'd be fine with Shingo.

You should have amassed your own army of retarded fanboys to rig polls.

They are all Japanese in the game. So, the only black skins are the inhuman monsters.

BREDDI!

I can see it hapening. I think Mary and Chizuru would be great choices.

I heard some of the tracks from TRAF and they surely can improve some of them.

Toshinden: Everything but the sink
Bloody Roar: Cool fursonas
Rival Schools: Effective Education
Variable Geo: 90's Anime Girls

As much as I loved her moveset, I don't think she'll ever be playable again. Gai Tendo and Sho Hayate too
I refuse to sully his name

Skins, engage!

Interesting, but I'm not so sure she lends herself well to being in my game. We already have a "Hugo", and also my game isn't quite so violent. Also, it seems I would have to come up with a lot of attacks/supers/a shrink super for her to make her fit, since those mechanics don't really exist in her game.

Also, not sure how her creators would feel about sexualizing her, since my game has some… flirtatious girls who would touch her and want to do naked city-destroying cuddles with her

Besides, our main girl is already a "big sword" user. It'd be tricky to differentiate her.

Can someone explain what's the deal about this Tweet?

Just found out it makes your router vulnerable as fuck. I can't believe Ono thought this was a good idea. God fucking damn it, how do you fuck up a beta and a game like this!?

Ono really needs to die of cancer.

Somehow, Capcom wants you to open your HTTP ports to play Street Fighter V.

She's kind of small(understandable, she's just a skin) but at least they didn't make her WonderWoman-tier. I just don't know what it's wrong with her costume. It has the cleavage, the cape, the colors. Maybe it's the cape that is too long or not one-shoulder thing. Or the cleavage it's not round? The hair is too long? I hope her personality is the easy going but brawler type.
John should've kept his goatee.

The problem is NO ONE at Capcom at the reigns of SFV. It's a chaotic free4all.

A total customisation even with different voices? Nice for all the fans. But yeah, wouldn't mind a more obvious size difference (see pix). Stewart with no goatee?Not mah Stewart. Haha

Glad i am not the only one to find that shit irritating to say the least, do these faggots really believe to be so special that people give a shit about their crap, why don't they STFU?

Needs Fitter!

deadendthrills.com should get KOF14 for PC!

Hey those are some nice lady abs

Power in Abs!

Frankly, I would love if they had gone the Toshinden 3 route and made them almost clones with some small differences, but with really different models.

Arika managed to have six different shotos in EX+α, and Siegfried and Nightmare coexisted in the same game since the first Soul Calibur, and even Soul Edge in a way. If you have some imagination it's not hard to make her different enough.

Modern Bengus maybe?

Please post more.

Are you a single mother child?

take the hint

he has plastic boobs?

So they just went full-blown cinematic experience and gave the story mode in Injustice 2 two multiple endings.

Who did the art for Toshinden? It makes me wonder if it was done by a Hentai artist l(I wanna guess Azuki Kurenai, but he always draws big tits on every chick)?

Will any big name fighting game ever be sprites again?
KOF was my last hope

I don't think SNK can even afford to do sprites, unless you want a small roster or something.

Thanks

Opps. Got the lower res image.

honestly, what else were they gonna do?

Unless you want painfully small rosters again; never until fighting games rake in Call of Duty numbers

SF4 numbers were enough?
You know it will never do sf2 numbers again….

Nadeshiko!

DO THEY NOT UNDERSTAND THAT THEY'RE BEING JEWED!?

Most popular multiplayer game atm is LoL(also you can look at real life for some things), you can safely say people don't care about being jewed

It's the only fighter they know.

SF4 didn't even come close to breaking 15 million

I don't want clones in my game.

what are talking about? for the low price of a coffee you can get 16 costumes!

Shame she's stuck in a shitty game.

So you gonna hot glue it or what

At least shes still pretty cute in kenfacefighter5.

Oh hell yes. She's the latest addition to my collection.

Unfortunately my Mika fell off my desk and the mic hand broke off so I literally had to krazy glue it back together. Thankfully it broke off cleanly and the break off point is hidden under her cufflink. It's just as good as new.

Krazy glue will save your figs, anons.

yo, man!
that's really inconsiderate for you to just be posting that.
think of the younger audience looking at that exposure and the women who will feel threatened by that sexualized woman.
I redid your image for the current Capcom standards to appeal to a wider demographic, please buy our skins from the capcom pro cup tour bundle.
also the important fixes to our game is delayed until 2019, thanks for your continued support!

Why didn't anyone tell me about this game? Shit's good!

Who are you? Why are you here? Shouldn't you be talking to vapid non-friend fags on fagbook?

stupid fucking cat, enjoy your toxoplasmosis, throw that shit away and get a dog already you faggot

fag cat

Prefer Gloria Jeans

There's a penis in Gloria's jeans.

Pets are parasites

Has anyone made a SOCD filter program for keyboards?

Like, one of the main differences between playing on a Hitbox and playing on keyboard is that the Hitbox has the SOCD (Simultaneous Opposing Cardinal Directions) filter, so if you press left/right or up/down at the same time, you just get a neutral input instead of both at the same time.

That's actually pretty useful, since it lets you do stuff like the instant forward dash. You press and hold forward, then tap back. You'll get a forward input, then a neutral input when you press back, and once you release back, you get another forward input.

Any keyboard players on here know if there's anything like that?

Dude, it's your game you do whatever the hell you want, but what you said is bullshit.

Well, her hair is just like that in the game! Well, while it's impossible, I would like to see a doll/figure with the concept made by some other Japanese artists that put more effort in the muscles, like Rebis and Tenmaou Great.

What a cute cat. Will there be any nekomimi in the game?

I heard koreans are playing with modified keyboards on PS4 games like SFV, KOFXIV and even Tekken7 somehow. There's probably a way.

In other news, KOFXIV models were extracted and ended up in DOA.

Where the fuck are you buying your coffee?

Are you poor or something? Probably a virgin as well.
t. laughing whore

do all guilty gear games have opaque slash effects like Xrd?

had to make room for the persona 4 reject

If you spell pumpkin spice on her, get the fuck outta there.

Pic showing example? I'm guessing it would just be XRD.

smell goddamit! SMELL! Fuck it, I should go to sleep.

I mean when the leaves start turning I'm a sucker for the spirit of the season. If it's spring and you're still drinking that shit though, get out of my face.

kek

Which waifu you gonna be maining bois?

Leo.

Mine didn't make it

Gonna agree with you there.

REMINDER THAT KOTAL DID NOTHING WRONG

I hope so

Aye they did, just watch any XX gameplay video and you'll notice. Only some attacks have such effects, mostly slash/heavy slash ones.

Why did best girl have to have her comeback be the worst fucking game ever?

None because I'm not a filthy waifufag. King for life.

I don't like Tekken's gameplay
I'm gonna be patiently waiting for KoF XIV PC, UNIELST and the Yatagarasu GGPO update/new character update

When does it hit steam?

KoF XIV? Beta is this month, no clue when the full release is.
Yatagarasu? The devs are slowly working on it in between their real jobs so it's gonna be a long ass time especially since NiCALiS stole a fuck load of their money

My waifu isnt in Tekken unless Harada delivers on TxSF

Thank you for telling me the bitter truth.

The artist that you are looking for is Tsukasa Kotobuki.

And here is some of his other works as well:
nhentai.net/artist/kotobuki-tsukasa/

FTFY

After what they did to Akuma, I'm calling bullshit.

What have they done to her face and hair, this doesn't look like a Power Girl, her body looks weird too. And they expect people to pay money for this? This is not even default costume, Christ. But whom I'm kidding, I knew they would ruin her, they wouldn't be NRS and WB otherwise.

Give it a try, chances are it does actually work. The name of emulator which another user doesn't remember is SSF.

Nigger you're the one who said "EX+Alpha had six shotos". Shotos are clones by definition. They have extremely similar movesets. I don't want that shit in my game. I want all of my characters to be unique.

Siegfried and Nightmare are also literally the same character, just with slightly different movesets. You can't seriously look at their playstyles in the first SC and tell me I'm wrong.

Yes, several. I've already revealed one of them (pic related), although I understand if she's not what you're expecting…

It took me forever to realize just how much of a cutie Alice is. Really pleasant design.

kek, underrated oc

Why the hell is does the game moan at me when ever I make a long combo?

It's almost early 2017 and Tekken 7 is almost here. I made a Holla Forums discord so we can get some matches going with anons when the game is out.

discord.gg/x7gb2p

OK fam, do me a favor and slap yourself, OK?
Thw whole point is the fact that shotos, or MK ninjas is that you can have variety even in similar. You can have a great Ken player, and he will not be able to be fantastic with Dan or Sean without training, even if they are all shotos.
This allows a game to test more stuff. Toshinden also had clones, but it was extreme. Are Dudley and Balrog clones just because they use boxe? Nope, because they have commands and moves that differ fron each other. That's the secret.

That coffee had better come from god, and be divinely organic as fuck for $30

I could have sworn he did more hentai.

It's because you know how to pleasure it real good

That's just plain wrong, Shotos are by no means clones of each other, they have quite the differences after SF2. Sean is so unique that I will not even name him, it does not help that he's trash though, I'll give you that Evil Ryu is almost another Akuma though 'till SF4

Shotos only share three specials, and even those are or act different: Shoryuken, Tatsumaky and hadouken.
Tatsus:
Sakura tatsumaky is more of a jump that falls
Dan tatsumaky has nothing to do with normal tatsu
Ken tatsumaky (in most SF) is about multihits, in Marvel he goes upwards
Ryu tatsu (in most SF) is about strenght in a single hit with possible knockdown in many SFs.
Akuma tatsu is about juggling for an extra hit.

Fireballs or Hadoukens:
Sakura in some games have a limited distance, in others she has no hadouken at all but looks like a "flash".
Dan is similar to Sakura but worse.
Ken and Ryu have the same normal hadouken, Ryu usually have the extra "fire" hadouken for more damage than Ken as well as usually better recovery/start up. However it is true that they both are almost the same.
Akuma, similar to Ryu and Ken but can do it mid air plus a "fire" hadouken like Ryu.

Shoryuken:
Sakura shoryuken is quite unique since it moves her forward for multihits, this tool alone allowed her to be in a good position in many games like her A-groove in CvS2
Dan Dp does not move him forward.
Ken Dp can have fire, more than two hits and move him forward in the air but not on the ground like Sakura.
Ryu Dp move him slightly forward mid air.
Akuma Dp has the multihits of Ken but only moves slightly forward like Ryu.

Those are the only similar things they have to each other, their normals are not even close to similar, their movement speed are different (not going to even count Akuma's demon KKK/PPP movement), their super/ca/ultra are different (Akuma has both Ken's and Ryu's supers in the Alpha series plus air super and raging demon).

Giving the player the option to choose for a "similar" character that has other skills will grant them more freedom to play how they want. A player that prefer more control will choose Ryu meanwhile a player that prefers rush down will choose Ken, as an example.

tl;dr: The same way grapplers are different to each other even if their main thing is a grab, shotos are different even if their main specials are similar.
You're free to think whatever and do whatever with your game, but saying that they have "extremely similar movesets" is just wrong.

Many of the things you listed (like Ken's shoryuken having fire and Sakura's tatsu being more of a hop) are purely cosmetic differences. It doesn't change the fact that they're still performing similar moves and animations.

Keep in mind when I say clones I don't mean "exact copies". That's something you're pulling out of nowhere. I'm using the term the way Smash uses it. Smash has clone characters too, like Mario and Dr. Mario, where they have a few balance changes to their moves but are still largely similar.

Yes, I get it, they can have similar weapons or something while fighting differently. But to me cosmetic things are important too and I simply don't want to have more than one sword character even if they play different.

You could have said this from the beginning. So you won't have more than one grappler I believe then.

And that's not bad, if you are going to give each character a weapon/fight style, maybe each having an archetype, it will make things a bit harder, but GLHF I guess.
But you ca still have more oversized weapons, I guess…

The power of details…

Will any Doll be dlc characters of SFV?

I need this to be a romhack or something, I just can't decide between business Urien or loincloths

Chinese sword, European longsword and Japanese katana are the same?

Or even the different schools for each sword.

which doll represents may , august, september, and october?

it makes me giggle like a little bitch every fucking time

It's also funny cause she could be one of the coolest dolls too move wise (since we didn't see any weapon play from Jianyu or Xiayu). too bad we won't get her because of "racism" and the fact that capcom is inept. also the gold tailed lemur is from brazil and shes from africa, the fuck is up with that?

Knowing capcom, if they did put her in they'd take away the spear

I always wanted to play KoF on ps3/ps4 with a keyboard. I hope I can find how to modify one.

They'll be season three after Guile's buddy and Rashid's bodyguard.

Eh… maybe. I'm trying to move away from archetypes so I'm not really sure if I have a character who can be defined as a grappler. Does SoulCalibur have grapplers? Is Astaroth a grappler?

I have large characters, I have small characters. Some fight with weapons, some fight with magic, some have other more strange fighting styles. Time will tell what they get defined as, but I'm just trying to keep things fresh.

No, and don't get me wrong, I'm not against having more sword users, but right now I just have only one planned, and I want all of the characters to have really obvious differences.

Panda
jk Kuma

You can't be fucking serious.

I wish they made a CVS2-like game where you can pick the styles, having AOF's spirit gauge thing and the FF3-onwards power gauge and mostly secondary characters from both series since they do happen in the same universe.
Gotta confess I never really liked Garou that much

FirePro Returns Also reminder that World is coming out someday on PC, any of the AKI games (No Mercy or DOR2), HCTP is also pretty good. The THQ/2K games are only good for CAWtism.

Why did you let Heisei vs Showa happen, Hongo? Couldn't you Rider Kick Yonemura in the dick?

Why doesn't NRS make a Looney Tunes tournament fighter. They have WB on their side. They should make it happen. It'd be a damn sight more interesting than DC universe.

Call it "Looney Tunes: Toonament"

Bugs Bunny and Roadrunner are too strong and Elmer Fudd needs to be buffed.

I'd probably main Taz or Gossamer.

I bet his vortexgame would be pretty strong.

I never realized how much I needed this until today.

As a Sylvester player I can't belive how many Tweety players kick my ass all the time online. When the fuck is Tweety getting the nerf?

Speaking of LTT, i'm playing arcade mode with Bugs to unlock Lola, but how can I defeat Wizard Lucas? This guys is fucking bullshit.

I know, right? NRS could come out of left field with something wacky and creative with that WB license.

Of course they'll probably fuck it up somehow.

Best husbando obviously

No, you don't seem to understand the issue here. Street Fighter Shotos and MK ninjas are boring because they mostly copy each other and twist and spin Ryu/Scorpion or what-have-you. People don't complain about Dudley and Balrog because Dudley plays nothing like Balrog and vice-versa, that's the worst possible example you could've made and betrays your lack of understanding of the problem.
it's not a problem with Shotokan karate, it's not a problem with the fact they look similar, it's not a problem with the fact they are simple to play. Blazblue and Guilty Gear are good examples of shotos not playing or looking alike while still being easy to pick up, hard to master, and having a lot of good tools. Nobody complains about Sol clones' or Ragna clones because they don't exist and they don't need to.

We all know that SF shotos and MK ninjas existed to make more characters through cheap means, but, you know what, people liked that because, even if they fight in a similar way, they differed in some important aspects. The developers learned how to use this tactic and create characters that the public like, even if they have small differences.

That is not really something that is positive and shows how you don't understand the concept well enough. Both option are valid. Hell, Edge Master and Mokujin are big spins of the idea.
Clones are only bad if you can't spin the idea well enough.

I get what you say, but I wouldn't put Mokujin and Edge Master in the same basket as clones. They imitate a character at random and you can't pick or predict which character they will choose to imitate. What I'm saying is, you wouldn't call Mokujin a Kazuya clone for example because he's as likely to use Kazuya's moveset as any other characters' in the game. The thing with clones is that they have extremely similar movesets between each other, not that they imitate characters at random.

You're right, I don't understand. I do understand the point about the different flavors of SF shoto letting players express themselves differently and I think that's a load of horseshit, you don't need one character and his four-to-five variations eating up space on the character select screen when a better-executed example of that has been around for a while in the form of Variations, Modes, and such.
Even as Ken and other such characters were made before variations existed, Ken was changed to better differentiate himself from Ryu, which I like a lot but think it didn't go quite far enough for Ken.
Mokujin is not a clone in the same sense Ken is a clone. Mokujin is an exact copy of a random character per round. Mokujin is infinitely better because at worst he is one model, associated textures, and sounds.

split between king, heihachi and yoshi unless i find a chharacter that feels more like lei fei
do you guys think vf5 will pick up again when yakuza finally comes out?

that could actually be fucking rad.

There used to be pic related, but so far he's canned, he may come back as free DLC, though.

Are you sure you don't understand? I can't believe someone who likes fightans can't grasp a concept that exists almost since the genre was born.
Let's look at another example: Art of Fighting 2, we have characters that share moves, like Takuma, Ryo, Yuri and Robert. They look completely different, which is really positive, but do share moves. Probably this is the best way to make "clones", becuase visually they are different, but they still share moves.
In MK or SF, they literally cut corners in animation. That was a cheap move, but, as time moved on, they managed to give the characters plenty of personality, and that's how you do it.
If the characters were literal pallet swaps, it would never worked. They do have more to it.
tl;dr: Looks are important, but, in fightans people do about movesets enough to overlook visual similarities. And there is sound too, sound is really important.

I only
EVER
come to these threads to save pictures.
This one has been disappointing.

So I spent 10 minutes typing out a post to discuss at what point a fightan goes from simple inputs to a baby game nobody likes, only for my computer to crash. It was kind of pseudintellectual so things probably worked out for the best.

Anyway, what's the line for you guys? What does a game have to do in order to justify simple inputs?
Is there a difference between something like Them's Fighting Herds having Smash-style inputs for its special moves and MvCi having autocorrect DPs without a DP motion?

On the other hand, is there a place for overly obtuse inputs like pretzels and inverse DPs? Did a game like Vampire Saviour/Darkstalkers hinder itself because every single special move was a raging demon or did people just need to git gud?

Do you want memes or porn or what?

In the specific case of DS, the comboable supers could be easily buffered into chain strings so it wasn't an issue. But, overall, I don't agree with the concept of overly complicated inputs, especially when it's just for the sake of having them (AH comes to mind). I think KoF XIV strikes a good balance because things that seem odd at first like the QCB-HCF motions are actually there to aid the player with super cancels. My "input beef" is mostly with 3D fighters because those seem to use input complexity as a means of balance - the move is absurdly overpowered but apparently that's okay because it's one frame or you have to do a Russian ballet performance on the d-pad.
As for simple inputs, not a fan of those. I don't think anyone really benefits from it and the casual crowd it aims to pull in will move out once they either find something else to latch to or realize that being able to do every move consistently won't stop them from getting stomped by someone experienced, whichever happens first. IMHO if someone doesn't want to be bothered to learn a DP motion, chances are, they're not really all that interested in the game/genre.

My admittedly uneducated two cents.

Then why not go into a fighting game and screenshot some for yourself?

I play them, just not online.

It wasn't aimed at you and it was in jest anyway. sort of

Lots of potential DLC to cater to 90s babies too.

For 900 dead presidents, I think I could get a much more lifelike one. The "me rove you rong time" kind of lifelike.

I would main the fuck out of Slappy Squirrel, all the possible taunts would be pure gold

Would pepe le peu be a zoner or rushdown? And would an original Speedy Gonzales alt be too much to hope for?

It's always about the game. I think commands need to translate the movement of the character on screen in some way, but you need to keep the pacing. But, I'm not against simple inputs in certain titles, like Power Stone 1. The second were oversimplified, which made it a worse experience IMO.
Rock's Neo Deadly Wave in Garou was a good example of super combo inputs: You still need to execute the super combo manually, even if it isn't that complex.
Guile's Double Flash is the exactly opposite, since the execution is too unique if compared to other characters, but the result is not as rewarding.
Capcom also had very simple commands for Rival Schools, and I don't think it was really the problem with that game and Darkstalkers. It's just that both games were always too niche for the fgc in general.

I like the simplicity in games like DOA or VF. One punch button, and one kick button. And one button for defense that can be used to throw, which DOA went further to make it into a parry/counter function too.
On the other hand, it makes those games so less flashy. I mean, Tekken and Soul Calibur had those unblockable super moves that can take away almost half of your hp, doesn't need a bar to use, light your character on a spectral fire but are slower to use.
DOA and VF can be fast, rounds lasting very few seconds, but it does not have that visual appeal. But I went sideways, what I wanted to say is that fully 3D games could give moves more of the high risk/reward philosophy: Easy to use, but easy to miss, or focus entirely on combos with normals, so you can have what really looks like the fight between masters, and some crazy stuff happening in rookie matches.

And talking about VF, Robot Dural is better than than Liquid Metal Dural.

pic related

There's a lot of potential here combined with the obvious slapstick and high-quality animation. What I'd really like to see is either Prince Chawmin' or So White as a guest character, though.

Yeah, I was looking up some Darkstalkers videos to see if the moves were as obtuse as I remembered them being (they were; Anakaris's lvl 3 super is stupid), and Morrigan and Demitri having 896 + P inputs for their aerial fireballs is a baffling decision. The inputs seemed less arbitrary in DS3, which was a small mercy.

I was kinda hoping for a Shota Ed (not Shoto), to contrast with Karin and Sakura. Instead we got Ed that slams 5 protein shakes a day and lives in a Gym. I mean, logically I can't argue if he was trained by Balrog, but still. Missed opportunities. Still not buying SFV.

Shota Ed woulda been neat.

archive.is/Ii1Lu
ARE YOU FUCKING READY?

FUCKING DO IT SEGA! WE NEED A NEW INSTALLMENT!
At the very least a PC port of FS

The Dreamcast.

>developed by sonic team

Supposedly he ages at an accelerated rate or some shit.

This

Like 95% of VF5:FS's team still works at sega so I'm not really worried unless all those Hatsune Miku games they've made rotted their brains

A man can dream, I guess.

So, what? It's a game where half the roster is Yoda?

Fuck man, you just reminded me of that episode of Duck Dodgers where he becomes a Green Lantern

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

What, you mean DoA, the game where you can do Izuna drops all day with Hayabusa and drop people 100 feet into a scene of urban chaos among other things isn't flashy? Also, puting that stuff into VF would make VF unrecognizable. I don't want stupid firewall moves and electricity and purple gay fire surrounding characters when they do big moves, aren't WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHes for circular moves enough?

Base feels overdone…. also dragon instead of phoenix

The way I pictured it was something like Marvel Super Heroes or Puzzle Fighter where Acme items are a universal mechanic, that can be dropped and picked up like the gems in those other games, but it otherwise still plays like a traditional fighting game.

Alternatively I see you selecting which Acme item you want to use just like you select a groove or a gem in CVS/MVCI. You can choose from a round bomb, a portable hole, springy shoes, or other items that can affect how your character behaves. Wile E. Coyote would have access to the entire Acme catalog though.

Also, the game would have "stage fatalities" and other types of finishers that aren't gory in any way but still overly comedic and humiliating, like pic related.

Zoning with bear traps. How can you go wrong?

Speaking of grapplers, don't tell me anyone forgot about these assholes.

Holla Forums delivers.

Which version of Vanessa do you think was better, Muay Thai/Vale Tudo or only Vale Tudo with Offensive/Defensive stances?

Button layout is simple, yeah but then you have stuff like the ninja grabs in DOA that are balanced by making the input absurd. Then there's things in VF and SC that while they don't have any tricky inputs, they're just frame inputs.
All these moves are pretty strong and the way they're balanced is by making the input difficult which IMO is not a good design decision.

There's so much they can do. Crossing fingers Sega makes vidya great again.

As you can see with my mains, I prefer to usually fight from a distance but I always appreciate the extra power up close in case of emergency. What fighters do you recommend I go with in other games such as a MK and KoF or what other fighters should I look into in the games that I already have mains in? I've only been very interested in fighting games just a few weeks ago since I've been blinded by shooters and platformers so that might give you more context in regards to my mains.

Ky and Axl are well-rounded control characters. Dizzy and Venom have more zoning and oki options from their projectiles but they lack meterless reversals.

Sorry m8s, been a busy week last week and in all honesty I forgot all about my post on this here thread.. So let's get back to it I guess.

YES.
And where?
Well in that case I'll take another look, but the cartoony graphics, over-exaggerated moves, all that stuff is kinda off putting and just reminds me of SR 3/4. But I'll check it out nonetheless.. Just wanna create my own fighter and rise to the top tbh, used to do it in the UFC games but I want an experience where I can throw chairs at someone/throw them out of the ring entirely and there's no other sport like wrestling for doing just that.
Damn, and these games are all on PS2!! I know I want to properly get an emulator at some point, but I really cbf to go through the gymnastics of trying to align the keyboard to the controller inputs.. At some point I know I wanna get some dualshock controllers or something and use my PC as a PS2/gamecube when I got some mates over or something, but at the moment it's just a dream.. Would need to find the right controllers, and find out if it would actually work etc etc

Thank you fam.. It's been drilled into my head that older games lack the features of new ones because THEORETICALLY new games should have more time to perfect what the old games didn't, BUT THIS RARELY HAPPENS, Rarely perfecting formulas, building upon what was already made, and instead starting afresh and making it shitty etc..

Specifically about wrestling games though, most of them (except the new ones) aren't specifically out for pc, so I'd have to get an emulator and I don't have a controller so it would be a bit of an ass pain to try to get it to function properly on my keyboard.

Now *This* is what I'm after my man.. Need a game where I can put Robocop and Bugs Bunny into the ring and watch them beat the fuck out of eachother.. And who wouldn't want that anyway? So if that's the case, which version of the 2k WWE games should I get? Preferably with the best character creation autism > good mechanics ratio.

.. What the fuck?

The creator of Arcana Heart died.
twitter.com/examu_PR/status/864073999046787072
twitter.com/MMCafe_Prof/status/864082887343128576

Anyone know the circumstances of his death? Tried looking it up but no luck. I don't want to be a cunt and say he an hero'ed after knowing his series would be crowdfunded

I'd be lying if I said this is a passing that affects me in any way (those will certainly come though) but it is sad news nonetheless.
RIP haato man

For some reason I checked to see if today was April 1st.

RIP

Better yet, make Michael Jordan a secret boss character.

Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2. It's releasing this summer, but you can play the demo if you have PS+ on PS4.
You need to stop this or kill yourself.

Every time I see the new baiken I'm amazed how one change can turn me off to the entire design. Her new Kimono is really good looking, she's got more voluminous hair but I like the look. But the Tits and half aviator goggle just irk me. Can't even tell during a match because of how fast things go by it still begs the question "why?". Daisuke spent too long working next to the BB crowd.

Also what happened to her walk where she kept her weapon at the ready? Did something change in the story?

I would say they wanted her to look cocky, like a confident master. I mean, she survived all the shit so far, her looks show that she is not an almost beggar samurai anymore. I don't like her design, but I understand, now, why I-no, Chipp, May and others didn't change bothers me more. I mean, if characters changed so much, make it for all of them, and not just a few to make them stand out more.

The tits and the eyepatch could've been better, but the worst part is the hair. I liked the simpler less wild hair. Her old walk was just her crab walking, I feel like they did that just to save money. Her new one is another reference to samurai films, which is alright but the difference between her walking and idle stances is too big.

Why doesn't GG have more flat chested girls? Does Daisuke hate perfection?

She finally got a real walking animation and she's loving it.

No it's called having good taste

I don't even know why I'm bitching about this I've never mained her in my life.

That's the other part of it. I can acknowledge that the game has used the same sprite base for pretty much it's entire 2D run so given the chance to remake characters from the ground up gives the devs the unique opportunity to go wild. But they didn't with regards to previous characters poses or movesets (to a degree), but they did with the costumes which is why we have FMA Potemkin and Giant Haircut Jam.

I've always assumed that was the case with Baiken because she's always looked like they never finished her; but even now she didn't get any new supers just a new look for her old one. Even fucking Johnny who was also a member of "Club Single Super" got a new super to help shore up one of his limitations a bit.

Because fans don't like A.B.A as much as I do.

Are you that one Gigamaidens dev on SRK?

Well that's depressing. RIP.

A.B.A. is not flat.

dubs confirm

That's unfortunate, Arcana Heart was the best fighting game series I ever played. I still consider the Arcana system to be brilliant, it's such a great implementation of a tertiary system to provide different ways to play the same character.

RIP

2slow mark

fugg

Need more of this.

Well, she looks good enough. Sad they canned her, her variations could.be interesting.

Uh, yeah.

she has taokakas super

What's considered a common button scheme for guilty gear? just got +R and the default doesn't feel right at all.

Guilty Gear's Button layout is a little different than what you're expect, but you customize your button layout if you don't like the default.

It's the same as Cheetah, and I think all of them are based on Maximum Spider.

create a new threads dummies

NEW THREAD
NEW THREAD

NEW THREAD
NEW THREAD

I hope you realize that we already have a discord which is linked in the OP