The world needs a modern version of secret of mana where it has the gameplay 2 but the amount of characters to choose...

The world needs a modern version of secret of mana where it has the gameplay 2 but the amount of characters to choose from and style of 3.

I need a single screen co-op game bad

Other urls found in this thread:

insanedifficulty.com/board/index.php?/forum/143-seiken-densetsu-3-hardtype/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think the only entry they've had much intent to remake has been SD1, given Sword of Mana and Adventures of Mana. I could be wrong though, but hell, they haven't even seen fit to revisit SD3, which as far as I've heard is notably buggy (.

Honestly strikes me as a bit sad that there haven't been more JRPGs with co-op. Mainly just the older Mana games, most console Tales (though the viability of co-op varies from game to game), Crystal Chronicles, and the occasional stand-alone like Eternal Sonata that have bothered to dabble with it.

PSX FF's had it but it was awful.

crystal Chronicles could've been a fantastic co-op game.
all it had to do to make co-op fun was
- make the chalice circle bigger
- give co-op moogles to carry the chalice
- get rid of the annoying gameboy aspect and just replace it with regular controllers.

the design oversights make me cringe to this day. It probably would've been considered among the top 5 gamecube games if it was made right.

Funnest game I've ever played. Even all the "flaws" you mentioned contributed to the fun when you were surrounded by your bros.

That'll teach those cunts to take my drops.

I think I'd heard about that before. Does strike me that co-op works better with games that allow for more player input, hence real-time combat JRPGs like Mana and Tales being among the better known ones that have attempted it.

I still don't get why that was done, I mean, I get WHY (selling GBA-to-GC adaptors), but I don't get how Square (or more likely Nintendo themselves, given they did the same thing for FSA) didn't see how that was going to hamper the co-op aspect, considering everyone not only needed a GBA (and batteries/chargers), but also link cables, PLUS a Gamecube and copy of the game. Better to leave the whole "needs multiple systems/copies of the game" thing to outright handheld games.

At least Tales of Symphonia just used regular Gamecube controllers for input.

Holy hell, fucking this.

How is this shit even possible?

There's lots of co-op RPGs, but they're usually just called 'MMOs'. Best you can get now is brawlers like DFO, although i never played it so i got no idea how it works exactly. Used to play Rusty Hearts a fair bit, but that sank into the depths ages ago.

Speaking of wanting to share a playthrough, I wish I could do some co-op for SD3 with a friend of mine, but as it's too hard to get him to actually leave his house (my Wii's modded, has emulators set up, and bricking reversion just in case, so playing where I live would be an option if he'd go anywhere), and he refuses to mod his Wii to allow him access to console-based emulation/playing fan-translations (he's pretty content with just what NA officially saw, or what JP only games have seen rerelease on the NA VC/PSN, like Rondo of Blood), I get the feeling that's not going to happen.

have you tried retroarch new netplay feature?

Who the fuck wouldn't want to leave the house in order to play some God-tier vidya? Get new friends.

I haven't. I've lurked a few threads regarding it, but all I've ever seen is people shit-talking it. Is it worth looking into?

Careful there user, you will end up with the PC crew struggling to prove who make the best Seiken copy with trans-muslim-disabled characters girl-mullets

I don't generally mind going over to his place to play vidya together, I just don't like having to lug around something larger than a handheld when i go. Had to bring my PS2 over there once and just leave it there for weeks while were co-oping something.

I suppose the bigger issue is that we don't live within walking distance at this point, and he still doesn't have a license to drive yet, despite being older than me. And I'm going on twenty-five this year.

Well i haven't used it either tbh, but i ve seen people hosting games, you can access the list from the UI. Might as well jump into one and experience it yourself

I know it probably doesn't mean much but there was a SoM collab in ffbe a while ago.

mana was always such an experimental series. every game is different.

Evermore was good.

I only remember it being in FFIX, and all it involved was assigning certain characters to the second controller in combat. You'd get the same effect by just passing a controller back and forth.

Personally never buying a switch, but I found this interesting if they ever bring it out.

Somehow I think that even if it does come out in Japan, Square might not be inclined to bring it overseas.

uhh…evermore was an American project wasn't it?

idk if it's any good but there's that tales of grindea or whatever on teh steamz.

Dunno why they've still never localized the best game in the series.

I've played through SD3 multiple times using ZSNES netplay back in the day. I think there was one older version that worked better than the others.

There's some insanity patch now I guess. You can also turn it down a bit I think. Some things didn't work right or explained like certain accessories preventing status effects, even in the japanese version. I heard the highest difficulty can be pretty lame, ie having to do ability and stat trees certain ways for certain routes unless you feel like whittling bosses down for days.

fug forgot link

insanedifficulty.com/board/index.php?/forum/143-seiken-densetsu-3-hardtype/

I've heard some say before that SD3 was too bugridden for them to bother with bringing over initially, if it meant having the work all the kinks out in addition to translating the script, but I'm not certain. A remake or at least a port could provide an the game another opportunity to come over (such as how Star Ocean 1 finally got cleared to come over after the PSP remake), but again, they don't seem inclined towards doing either for it.

Really though, the VC (and PSN, for Sony titles) would have been a good way to allow for official English releases of long past games, but it would seem barely anyone's taken advantage of it for such a thing. Hell, aside from the occasional former JP only titles (which they don't bother to translate the text for), neither has apparently been deemed an option to give PAL games from NA they missed, or vice versa. NA still has no native option for the likes of Terranigma, PAL still lacks Xenogears/Chrono Cross/ Wild Arms 2, etc (a whole slew of games, really). Granted, emulation is always an option for those willing, but still.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the PC Tales have co-op. Seems to be more of a "home console entry" thing with the series.

Should specify that I meant official English releases of games that hadn't come over prior.

eh I got the name wrong, I need some sleep tbqh.

I was fallowing that game for the longest time (even before steam Green-light), and lost interest. Early Access = dumped

ikr. It seems simple enough that they couldn't really fuck up, and a lot of stuff looks promising but I don't want to try it. I'm not worried that it'd be bad per se but that it would be exceedingly mediocre.

From the information that came out so far, none of the games included appear to be updated in any way unfortunately. You might as well just emulate at that point.

It looks like shit, like most indie games.

chill breh

Kill yourself nigger.

'''U L T I M A T E 2 P L A Y E R non-action G A M E

The gameplay in these games is garbage, so is the writing and level design and collision detection and battle system etc etc etc
People only liked it coz it has good audio/visuals and multiplayer.

It was, but they took the same assets as a base.

This game could have been great if they had just done some really minor changes. Ether way though, it was doomed to fail market wise.

EARLY ACCESS
FOR
FOUR
FUCKING
YEARS

I couldnt play it because of the retardedly high encounter rate. What the fuck were they thinking with that shit?

If the only changes are bugfixes and SD3 spells not pausing the game, I will buy a Switch.

Major issue I had with it as well.

Gotta be honest: I've thought about doing this a bazillion times, and the idea never coalesces into something worth the time and effort.

You realize that a lot of the appeal is literally just nostalgia. People have pointed out that, while SoM was a breakout title for the ARPG genre, there have been a lot of ARPGs that have been made since 1993, and a lot of what you'd do differently in an SoM remake amounts to aping the innovations of those other ARPGs.

And you would want to update a lot of shit, because like others have said, SoM was clunky as fuck. There was, for example, some kind of dodge mechanic where an enemy or projectile collides with your character, and it's… I guess completely fucking random whether you do that backflipping dodge animation or not. And if you do that at the wrong moment, you lose your weapon charge.

Shit's busted and remaking a lot of busted shit isn't an attractive project.

But yeah, if there haven't been many good couch co-op ARPGs, that's a real bummer. And if that is the case, maybe there's enough interest to form a collaborative effort on something new, because Square is just going to fuck it up if they ever touch these old properties again. I picture anons contributing pixel animations of pigs shitting for the manager to use as enemy graphics. Nazi magic spell animations. A completely retarded, ad-hoc story that's still better than 99% of what the industry is producing.

The magic is just waiting to spew forth, I'm positive.

does SD3 even allow for skill? When I played it, it felt super low skill floor and super low skill ceiling. Wouldn't a difficulty patch just make it annoying if there's no way to improve your skill?

A Switch port would be fantastic. One Joycon per player, share the TV, or one Switch per person if you'd prefer it that way. It'd be so easy to do, but SE wants to pretend Crystal Chronicles doesn't exist, I guess.

Actually, aside from Dragon Quest 11, have they pledged any specific titles for the Switch yet?

Disregard, I'm dumb. The Seiken Densetsu collection and Octopath Traveler (hopefully with a new name eventually) are also confirmed.

yeah probably. worst of all it might limit viable parties. it could be an exercise in your familiarity with the games features.

Nobody plays these old as fuck games. The gameplay is out of date and doesnt make fun. The new indie games who look like these old games play way better and therfore more fun.

Millennial spotted.

It's a good thing I buy my garbage bags at Costco, because there are far too many trash opinions like this one.

Ha ha ha, you are soooo funny…. Not.

Just take for example final fantasy, the old ff games sucks, boring battle system that is damn slow and never changes at all. The newer ff games are quike and have a nice gameplay flow. Ff 13 -15 are damn awesome.

Do you think we spend mana when we eyaculate?

Oh look, the millennial just learned his first "RAD DUDE WITH A BAD TUDE" insult, you know, the "positive saying message followed by '… Not.'" insult. I thought millennials like you hated old things.

Cool story bro.

Face it, your old games sucks.

Only millennials think only new stuff is good and old stuff are awful.
I bet you think that only newer music is best too.

Skrillex is actually good, at least way better than your vaporwave frog shit that actually sounds like 80's that got pregnant by manson.

You just deny the facts here bro. Games have evolved, gameplay too and what you consider today as a good game is something that never could have exist in your shitty atari time. I would more like a new terranigma as a walking simulator, nobody is playing anymore the old slow shit, bro.

NO

Thought that was busty hearts at first glance.

What the fuck is going on in this thread.

Go back to your basement, whitty. Holla Forums is now our place. Try your luck on endchan.

Scrollex was [[|NEVER]] good, even during his prime, he was producing headache-tier repetitive tracks with awful saws which even the most detached from reality >>>>>dubstep sheep wouldn't defend and people mostly hyped his shitty songs because he would just play a simple track while spamming random videogame sounds the same way a mexican kids live show sound effects manager would spam shitty meme sounds in a desperate attempt to give it a "fun" vibe.

40 minutes later…

That's classic skrillex to you, even before his shit got even worse and got 14 year old nymphos and jaimacans to record voice samples for him.

Triggerd? You sound like one of those nazi gamergoobers.

Even if you removed any mention of "oppressed minorities" my point still stands, Skrillex = uninnovative hack.

Its just your opinion

And mine

Not trying to appeal-to-majority meme here but it's been a lot of people's opinion since the "wubstep" boom and if you or anyone who has at least developed a little bit of critical thinking has the free time to take a listen of whatever you think his best tracks are and take the time to pay attention and judge objectively instead of "just enjoy the music maaaan" you'd realize it's all trash that even you or your friends would be able to come up and produce by yourself in FL Studio.

Blah blah blah