RPGGG #1: Chrono Trigger is Book Six of the Pentateuch

RRG GAMES GENERAL
Played any good RPGs lately? I'm weebed out having played through all three TiTS games in the last month and don't have the energy for Persona 5, are there any interesting recent western RPGs?

Well nobody said your genre was for smart people. ……

But user look at all the words! This is a thinking man's game.

Okay, I might regret asking this, but how the hell does Chrono connect to Xeno?

Lots of shared staff and themes (Xeno = Space, Chrono = Time), Chrono Cross is pretty much a remake of Radical Dreamers with the last few chapters of Xenogears stapled onto the end (which is why Chronopolis and Solaris both have the same 'save points manipulating people and spying on you' twist, as well as the fact that Lynx and Grahf are essentially the same character.

I tried to play Grandia, got over the end of the world wall, got bored because the game's story and combat were simply getting too stale. Don't regret time spent, recommend if you like happy characters dungeon crawling across the world during an Age of Exploration. Fast forward function was an asset in keeping from boredom, but that's most RPGs.

Getting into FF9. Anything I should know before I play? Oh, and I'm ignoring that shit-ass card game, I looked it up and it's almost completely irrelevant to the game, thank god bc the card game blows real hard

99 out of 100 nobles liked your performance.

Based Evola. Always right about RPGs.

You can grind really easily on the first disc once you get Quina. Have her learn Limit Glove, then reduce her HP to one (kill her and use a phoenix down until she comes back with only 1 HP. Might take a few minutes). Go up to the highlands above Gizmaluke's Grotto and you can two hit the Thunder Dragons, letting you grind incredibly quickly incredibly early. It's not necessary in the slightest, but it's still a fun little trick.

If you're going to play properly, do the Chocobo minigame as much as you can, it gets you the majority of the good equipment.

He practically wrote the Age of Decadence.

I bet you're the asshole who calls people out when they say ATM machine.

Keeping up with Quina's abilities and chocobo stuff are fun diversions in ffix but do make the game quite easy. Getting the last chocobo treasure early makes Freya pretty dang OP till near the end of the game.

Typical

"Playing" doesn't start with an R, retard.

Shame there haven't been any notable WRPGs since the Witcher 3 then.

There haven't been any notable rpgs for years, buddy.

Finished Dragon Quest 1 for the first time a couple of days ago and moved on to Dragon Quest 2. Seeing the direct evolution between these two games considering there was only a year between releases really blows my mind.

playing the fan translated SNES version because fuck the 8-4 style english DQ scripts

Three is really good as well.

I'm playing SMT I atm, up to the part where you have to go inside the heroine's mind.

Is this really needed? We already have several of different threads for different RPGs.

Iv got the fan translated version of 3 downloaded and ready to go for once i finished 2.

Hoping to discuss a bit more obscure stuff than "SJW RELEASE OF THE WEEK", Kiseki and Persona.

One of the fun things about SMT1 that I don't think carries over into any other game (except maybe 2) is the ability to recruit humans and use them as fusion fodder. Having a party of only Mesian Knights is pretty fucking awesome.

hopefully Holla Forums will one day only be composed of generals for every genre.

So how is Expedition: Vikings? I know there are faggots in it, how's the gameplay/exploration?

Breath of Fire 3 was the best JRPG Game Game of all time

it all comes tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down

Leave or else..

keep fighting fascism boyo!
:^)

Dragon Quest III will definitely blow you away after playing 1 and 2. Aside from Dragon Quest V, it's the best game in the series. Be sure the translation patch is the 1.1 version and not the 1.0, as that has a tendency to crash at certain points in the game.

I've been playing Tales of Maj'Eyal for the past month after someone mentioned it in a thread here. I've never really played any roguelikes before but I'm having a ton of fun with this, mostly becuase of the huge variety of classes. There are so many cool things that you never get in more mainstream games, like there are two different time magic based classes, and one that can enter enemies dreams and summon demons out of their subconscious.
And the best part is it's free.

How do the time classes differ?

One of them is a straight up time mage, the other blends melee and ranged combat through copious amounts of teleportation and time fuckery. After a while you'll have alternate selves popping in from other timelines every other turn, shit gets pretty crazy.
They both use a resource called paradox, how it works is that the higher you set it the higher their spell power but also the greater the chance that a temporal anomaly happens. So you'll try to stop time but intead create a gravity crush or summon a bunch of farmers or something, shit can get pretty crazy.
My favourite thing is they get an ability which lets them split the timeline in three. You play the same several turns three times over and then choose which outcome you want to stick with.

Whoops, didn't mean to put that twice. The point is that both classes can get about as chaotic as you want them to be. They're never boring.

Yeah, no.

Yeah, yes. Xeno = Alien = Space. Or is the main theme of the Xeno series something other than space exploration (including higher dimensional spaces?)

Sorry fam, looks like you're dumb as well as gay.

Wow your ability to misread the oxford dictionary sure is impressive. Look up the traditional, not colloquial definition of alien.

stop right there, faggot

Chochoo motherfuckers best rpg coming through.

Sawbutcher best class.

Xeno as in Stranger and Alien is a synonym with stranger that latter got extra meaning

Yes, and it is the meaning that is being used in the Xeno series, or do you seriously believe the series is intended to be interpreted as "Guest-Host Relationship"blade Chronicles X.