Why are todays games so shit?

Why are todays games so shit?

Because it's the current year.

Because you keep buying them.

Because they aren't made for gamers anymore. Milking the core base doesn't pay nearly as good as everyone. Look what they did to Warhammer 40k Dawn of War 3. It's a fucking MOBA, what could they do to appeal more to the normalfags.

Because people are shit.

What kind of games do you like?

Your dubs however, are okay.

This.
I know normalfags who get really fucking mad about how games are shit but then they keep buying them.
And yes, games are so shit even the normalfags hate them, the ones who don't are normally ultranormalfags. Like facebook mom circles-tier.
In fact the ultranormalfags are so retarded i've seen retarded normalfags make fun of them for being retarded.

Commissar is the best everything else a shit.

this
most people arnt all that bright or great
that and they are easy to scam

people are basically children

It lacks a Wych for those into bondage and blood play.

Jews

Quantity over quality

Because you haven't grown out of children's hobbies user

vs

Shes an Ogryn

Consumer zombies.

Just play old games.

Because you just eat AAA garbage and would rather bitch on here than try to uncover the few gems that are out there.

They're getting better, actually. You don't remember how bad it was a decade ago.

tobey maguire is the only real and true spiderman

Commissar is truly the best choice that will force you to be successful in life.

Because you have retarded standards and literally cannot be pleased.

You're full of shit. I know because I only got around to playing some of the classics recently, and they were significantly better than any modern games. Example: Thief. I have yet to see any modern stealth game be better than that.

make another gears of war clone

thats likely a factor in why so few people are attempting to make games "like they used to".
if i were a game developer looking to make a living i certainly wouldnt try to appeal to a bunch of crybabies who arent even going to buy my game.

There's a whole list of games coming out just in 2017.
If you're only playing AAA shooters - that's your problem.
Or you're just a little bitch looking for an excuse to whine.

Fuck off commie.

I kek'd

this is also a thing, good games still exist and are being made, but people are paying attetion to the sea of garbage that accompanies it. its funny how nobody trusts mainstream media, journalism, etc. but its the thing they pay attention to most.
theres probably going to be games that come out this year going totally unnoticed that you kick yourself in the ass for not discovering sooner.

customer implies youre paying

What about There is none

How about you name some of those "hidden gems" that came out this or last year and weren't talked about on here?

undertale

I am sorry to say this, but you have a tumor on your brain. Most likely suffered due to excessive exposure to reddit and other cancerous substances

i dont see any threads up

This

I doubt it's a lack of good games. I get the feeling the Jouralists are to blame for only advertising their friends, praising cinematic shit like the last of us, etc. New studios with something that has potential can't get out unless their trailer goes viral or something. If they can't get their game out there enough they just die before they can blossom.

I'm breaking the rules. This game came out 3-4 years ago but I was glad when I finally dug it up. I try to shill it on here but lately no one seems to care. Seems everyone just wants to bitch but at least I found something I enjoyed. You just gotta fucking dig. Even if you pirate you can still use the steam store page to dig up shit. The problem being it's over saturated with trash so digging is harder.

I'm tracking games on releases.com to make sure I don't miss any (it's rare for the site not to have a game listed) and let me assure you that while journos are inded cunts, they don't hide good games because there are no good games to hide. Once in a blue moon, when an interesting game comes out, there's a thread on Holla Forums immediately and usually disappoints. Fuck, just think of how many good games we had in all of 2016 and compare it with, say, 2006. Even the "bad" games that came out at the time were better than the "mediocre" games coming out now

Reported for anti-semitism.

Kill yourself, piece of shit.

Oyy vey.

Breath of the Wild
Sonic Mania
South Park; Fracuted But Whole
Tekken 7
Yooka-Laylee
Nioh
Persona 5
RE7
Sonic Forces
Cuphead
Gravity Rush 2
Yakuza 0
Freedom Planet 2
Zero Escape: The Nonary Games
Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
Super Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade 2
Bayo on PC
Spark the Electic Jester
Hollow Knight
Snake Pass
Nier Automata
Maybe Serious Sam 4
That's just off the top of my head.
Maybe not all of them are amazing 10/10 masterpieces, but many of them are great.
I'm not even counting stuff like MK8Deluxe or Splatton 2 since they are basically enhanced ports.

A lot of those games might have potential but be too rough to stand out. I guess this is why people like Cr1tikal and Ross always play wierd as fuck games. Because they could have been good but not polished enough to get any attention and offer a unique experience.

Any unpolished game that gets put out by a studio working at its limits will get burried by garbage, so that studio can't build off of what they've done and polish their game or make a better game with more resources. As opposed to the old days where studios would make a few games before they made their hit that put them on the map.

Journalists also play a huge roll in this to:
In the old days indie studios would get out a loan that they would have to pay off. In the modern climate where journalists have been caught red handed colluding with eachother + the shit economy, it's not viable at all. The only way someone could become an indie dev full time without joining the clique is by doing kickstarter or patreon, and even then if you're the real deal you will be buried by jews who can advertise themselves better. So many things will get traction and fail because it's an amateur with no clue what he's doing who got an audience.

The industry basically promotes 2 types of cancer now. SJW-Clique shit and garbage made by retards who can market themselves. All the people with talent realize they need a full studio to make a game and it's basically impossible to find people who aren't /r/gamedev types.

Ok.

didn't mean to sage

the commisar vs the guardsmen it is.

wish I had a friend like that.

you couldn't be more Holla Forums even if you tried

oh come on he didnt say that

/this

Go back to 4cuck.

Fuck off. Entire genres are dead now. If I liked shooters, everything would be fine, they still make those. Like RTS? Fuck you. Like 3d platformers? Yooka Laylee lol (except Banjo was never a platformer in the first place). But no, everyone just complains because they want more shooters. Clearly the choice is only between shooters and shitty moviegame "rpgs".

Snake pass

You mean all the semi-popular indie games, which are only semi-popular because at some point you have to bend the knee to these journalists or die.

The clique basically controls mainstream indie gaming now. Any notable game awards show is rigged because the judges are friends with everyone who wins. The only way out is if you have a trailer that goes viral or get a following in a large community, and even then… These fags like to throw their weight around. Once one of them picks up on you they'll fuck with you and try to get you to bend the knee, because it makes them feel good and they generate clicks. It doesn't matter if everyone realizes they're garbage because their influence is still big enough where they can poison any discussion about your game because their word spreads to word of mouth faster than yours does. GG basically exposed these fags for what they are before the redditors ruined it. They're like the kid admins on a power trip. If you get any notice and aren't one of the kids who suck them off they'll find a way to fuck with you then ban you.

You're right thought. AA is dead. Anyone who would make a god-tier dev in the west nowadays realizes they need a full studio to make a reasonably polished game. Unfortunately, the people looking for a gamedev job is full of fucking idea's guys fresh out of their game design class with no major skills they can offer to a 5 man team and where taught doom is the first 3d game. Everyone thinks people like Kojima magically made an entire game by themselves.

I still wouldn't doubt the flawed gems are out there, but it's like finding pearls in a sea of shit.

I didn't say the whole list was invalid. I only called that game out because that was the equivalent to mixing yandre-simulator into your list.

Theres nothing stopping you from playing old games you fag.

The simple fact of the matter is that good games are much harder to find thanks to the fact that there's simply so damn many games coming out and the fact that gamejournos can't be bothered to cover anything other than the latest AAA shit that already has a marketing blitz going, shit that sucks their ideology's dick, or shit made by devs that suck their dick.
Everything else has to be dug up by anons, and we all know how critical anons can be.

And every year we must lament that fact.
Reminds me of that Holla Forums pic where some animator was bitching about art students never learning how to actually do art, and the tl;dr was "nobody wants to pay to learn it, and nobody's available to teach it."

They are not?
The last few years brought me one GOTY after another.
Maybe you're just dead inside and can't have fun anymore.

I meant this