Backpedalling thread : Prey edition

N-nevermind goyim you actually need to play Prey twice it's GOTY.

Mod edit: removed monetized video.

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/fzvuwr.mp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

PS : I'm confused, is it actually good ?

Backpedalling thread?

IGN put out a review on their website and youtube for Strafe at like 1AM EST today, giving the game a 6.3. The guy who reviewed the game played almost as badly as the guy behind Polygon's Nu-Doom fiasco, and people were callin' em out on it.

Their review is now totally gone from their site and youtube.

Shill somewhere else.

I'm not shilling, just confused.

got an archive ?

Unfortunately no, I didn't think to archive it

Just read a review on TechRaptor and the comments were hyper pissy and defensive that he gave it a 5.5

The game sounds like an outright Bioshock clone with some bullshit gimmicks (apparently if you upgrade too many of the cool monster powers, the game punishes you by sending insta-kill baddies after you) but it's hardly anything special. Generic gunplay. Generic controls. Generic puzzles and quests. A story that's not worth remembering or paying attention to…. Either normalfags are starved for another game to cling to, or they tried buying shills to squat on Metacritic and comments sections to defend this shit.

Webm this butthurt rant

Even the devs and playtesters didn't have that much faith on it.

Of course it isnt.

To be fair, I saw those comments were correcting the reviewer. He didn't come across as a good player to begin and/or overlooked certain important aspects because he just couldn't be bothered.

Even as a "lackluster Bioshock clone" or whatever, it's still one of the more refreshing high budget games to come out in recent memory by the looks of it, and I honestly don't remember the last time I was interested in a western game.
Too bad it's published by fucking Bethesda, which is a company I have very little sympathy for, and they have pretty much erased an existing property (even though I had no interest whatsoever in the original Prey or its sequel, it's still a shitty practice), but this game still looks pretty decent, all thing considered.

my.mixtape.moe/fzvuwr.mp4
Too heavy for hatechan.

You need to play [x]

No [x] can be God itself but if it's just a vidya/a book/a movie, you don't need to play/read/watch it.

he's saying you need to play it twice for it to be actually good.

have you just not seen anything from prey 2?

I suppose it is a fair point that most journos and reviewers are so shit at games that they might not be able to appreciate it. That's happened plenty of times before… But with multiple reviewers from all kinds of different sites saying "this shit is bland and not that great" while the Internet Defense Force readies small thesis papers in response saying "NUH UH"… That's fishy.

and the point is?

Point is "they sucked at the game!!" doesn't invalidate the mediocre/bad reviews for the game.

Why would he make another video? I thought his review was pretty good, especially compared to that WAB sellout.

Do you know what a webm is?

12 minutes won't fit nicely into 12MB, as long as it's not on Jewtube it's fine.

Doing gods work
Ayyyy

Fucking webm cucks ruin a thread again, because they are dumb enough to not know embedded videos do not count towards views and people who use adblock don't contribute a dime to youtube.

Who fed you that horseshit?

Are you fucking retarded?

man, this thread looks all too familiar. can't even check the log to see if it was /cobalt/ again. good times, Holla Forums - good times

just fucking remove youtube embeds and save mods the hard work then

The point is to have an outside source, not to have it only here you retard.

gggmanlives is a fraud and has always been a fraud. He's complained so fucking often about games being too hard for him for just about everything from dark messiah to serious sam.

In his Desync review he literally didn't understand that you're supposed to left click then right click to do weapon combos. He never right clicks across the entire video in a game where every single weapon has alt-fire.

Jewtube literally tracks you thread-to-thread with embeds, block that shit with umatrix.

haven't read anything about Prey 2017 because I seriously doubt it's better than Prey 2006.

You obviously aren't savvy in this area, fam.

I honestly forgot it even existed less than an hour after its reveal. It was just that generic looking.

He never said it was game of the year. He even said the game isn't for anyone and it's one of the more subjective games he's seen in a while.
Are you seriously claiming since he said nice things about the game(along with bad things but you'll ignore those to suit your point) that he's shilling for it?
He's changed his opinions for games like Soldier of Fortune 2 in the past.

I meant everyone.

I miss Prey 2.

Daily reminder that they removed it from all stores

I think it's still available on fucking apple store or something.

.00001 dosh added to your account.

>>12522516
apply yourself

Your meaning of refreshing seems highly twisted.

Top kek thanks for the ammo against this faggot.
He also praises nu-DooD as being the the second coming of Christ.

Aside from the incredible setting and aesthetic, the trailers made it look like a fairly standard FPS sprinkled with some parkour and cover mechanics, and heavily scripted moments.

I was expecting the shill accusations much sooner. You're getting sloppy Holla Forums.

Compared to what's been releasing lately in the west, yes. I like that there seems to be a good deal of interactivity with the environment and multiple play styles. There's still no way I'm going to buy this at full price, but I will keep an eye on it.

this
Im tiered of this "muh webm"
traffic on this site is so small that nobody would waste his resources to unironicaly shill here

t. ign

I can get behind that the mod actually adhered to the rules-list definition on this one instead of "b-but muh webm Holla Forums needs to be a youtube replacement NO WEBM NO WATCH RRRRRREEEEEEEEE by the way I wasn't gonna watch the video anyways so I just kicked an autistic shitfit about a video I wouldn't even pay any mind if it weren't for the video-format"

I watched a stream of Prey 2 on Twitch. To be honest I like it, the only thing I don't like is that you run out of ammo real fast and all the recycling to get ammo back is really fucking tedious. But other than that I like it, I don't get what people dislike about it.

Fuck, I mean the reboot.

Wut?

It's okay but it will never be the glorious alien bounty hunter game it original was going to be.

Outside of the mimic can pop out of anywhere aspect, I'm not really seeing much out of the game. Could've been worst than what was original shown but it definitely could've been better. Can't really put my finger on it but it seems to be lacking something. It's just not as engaging as the developers were intending to be from what I'm seeing.

Try finding the 2006 prey game.

I think people were expecting a more action orientated game, but instead got something like a mild system shock. That lack of more action is probably what people think the game lacks, but it's probably what the devs wanted by design, All that comes down to is that Bethesda fucked up, they did nothing to explain what the game was actually about.

that's some funny shit right there

Funniest thing in the game

He always seemed kind of shilly to me.