LET IT DIE

is anybody still playing this?

the enthusiasm for it died really fast. really fun until you beat the final boss, but then there's jackshit to do other than farm gear and upgrade it. and the content updates seem to be nothing but more gear farming thrown on top of the pre-existing gear farming.

Other urls found in this thread:

letitdiethegame.com/news.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I had fun with it for the first 20 floors then lost interest. Farming more gear didn't really appeal to me.

i farmed so much fucking gear… i even got one set of gear to the final stage, the knight set (turns into Hades Knight) up to +1 +3 +2 (head/torso/legs) and made the uncle's golfscythe.

it was real fun while it lasted but yeah, every content update is just

honestly i don't think they're selling enough death metals to keep things tidy at this point.

or maybe they are, you know, from casuls desperate to get to the ending without learning how to play that they'll just buy hundreds of DMs just to beat Gunkayama without armor or weapons.

I cheesed the last boss and realized it's not fun farming for multiple hours to end something in one minute. But if you do it without buffs, it's stupidly long and you need a ton of shit that is also expensive anyway to even kill the boss.
The mushroom system is the core of the game but it still - no matter what - is terribly designed because it feels like you're cheesing everything rather than challenging yourself.

They need to add multiplayer co-op and PvP for this game. After you done with the final boss, you just found yourself endlessly grinding for shit to make you OP.

yes please

Since the game is pretty similar to Dark Souls, I dont see why co-op or pvp wouldn't work in Let It Die. Goofing around with another player while farming can be fun.

i can only see Sony making this a problem.

every game that allows co-op is cock-blocked by a PS+ subscription, which beats the point of the game being free.

also, imagine having your base raided by people in groups. you wouldn't survive 30 seconds, much less 3 minutes. But yeah, a legit, functional co-op ONLY AVAILABLE FOR EXPLORING THE TOWER and not invading could potentially save this game and bring it to new heights.

too bad the support on the website are instructed to act and reply like robots… wonder if they actually take fan suggestions, a mass-chain of emails could probably change minds a bit.

just buy a 2nd PS4 on an older firm, what are you? poor? :^)

if they add real PvP and not base raiding/expedition shit, you better have some t3+4 armor weapons, or you're getting your ass handed to you in one hit.

"matching" is done depending on the ranking of fighters you have unlocked, as soon as you unlock rank 5's, every rank 5 and top player in the server can shoop da whoop your ass whenever they feel like it until you git gud grind enough equipment to stand a chance.

i think however, PvP should be more of like "dueling" thing for that very reason. if you just have 1 rank 5 at mid level and can get invaded at any point by a guy who has 10 rank 5's and t3 shit you'd get fucked everytime, it would be a hair-width away from breaking into p2w territory.

Free games and multiplayer game with subscription doesn't required PS+ for multiplayer, just saying. Example for this are FFXIV and Dragon's Dogma Online.

that's news to me, good to know.

i knew about FFXIV and DDO, but they have their own subscription system, since LID is completely free on all fronts (sub and purchase) i thought it would be exempt and ask for a sub or some shit.

Does the game have an official forum or something to get in touch with the developer? If we complaint hard enough, maybe they will finally include it in the next patch instead of give new gears to grind.

this is probably the best we'll get
letitdiethegame.com/news.html

see the support tab on top? click there and go to the bottom of the page, there's a button to contact support, i've sent a couple of emails about bugs before (all of which were fixed by now), they always reply pretty fast (1 day tops)

Anyway, are there any good events coming soon? I haven't played in 3 months I think

JUST LET IT DIE!!!

who knows? it honestly depends on how the publisher negotiates things with Sony. Lots of F2P MMOs on PS4 will shill their in-game currency on the PS Store while not requiring PS+. I imagine in those cases Sony's content with making money off a cut of that money.

gonna pick up a (((ps4))) when tekken comes out, is this still worth getting into?
how much grinding is necessary?

Is there a physical version yet? or is it still digital only?

digital because its a free game and always online, would be pointless to have a physical, it'd just be a dust collector.

lots, need to run those gold chests and pick up shit on the way. you can just upgrade one set of armor and a couple of weapons, or you can go crazy and upgrade everything as much as you can. but honestly it would take you years of your life to upgrade every single piece of armor to maximum, as they keep adding more every month.

Did they hire a feminist and told her she was getting paid 70 cents to the dollar to get that level of voice work?

Mementos in Persona 5 is pretty much the Tower of Barbs.

What did he mean by this?

it means there's a frog nearby. one of the many capture-able animals around the tower. they're HP food basically.

Still go back to it from time to time, but honestly there's not much to do besides grind out some overpowered equipment for the Forcemen. At least the devs confirmed tier 6 fighters and new floors eventually
Anybody ever get the gold scythe?

gold scythe? i got the regular scythe i guess, not sure if there is a gold. the amount of grinding it took me just to MAKE the scythe was insane.

If this is some kind of ongoing trend, I totally welcome it and hope it stays alive.

That said, just like the OP said, there isn't a lot left to do in Let It Die after clearing the highest floors, besides all the extra farming. Now I've mostly put the game on hold until they add the new floors they've been teasing.
Speaking of; yes, I recently reached the "end" of Let It Die too, and I must say the last scenes were pretty underwhelming and disappointing. While the plot twist was adequate, it's painfully obvious that the animators were very low on time and budget by the end, in contrast to the game's great opening scenes. Of course, this being an always-online game, I'm sure they'll add in more "endings" in time, but I can only hope they'll be better than the current one.

Did they fix the shit game design yet?

You mean the tedious material farming? I personally got sick of hunting for copper wire mountains, so I had decided to move on and beat the game without a saber build. Worked out well for me, as it turns out the katana is godly.

The best part of this game was the first 20 minutes. After that the game isn't worth wasting time on and when I played i just found myself deleting my data repeatedly so that i could replay that intro and the first 2 floors.

Wait, I thought your LID game progress was tied to your PSN account and couldn't be deleted. Did you create new accounts?

That screaming turns me on.

Yes, i made a profile, played it, deleted the profile, and made a new one repeatedly because the intro has so much style to it. the rest of the game bored me.

Out of curiosity, did you ever make it past the underground area?
For every 10 floors you ascend, the level design changes and weapon variety improves. Just in case you didn't know.

PC port when