mojang.com/2012/03/scrolls-will-be-scrolls/
forums.dfworkshop.net/
cdn.bethsoft.com/bethsoft.com/manuals/Morrowind/mwgoty_pc_en.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I thought this got abandoned years ago.

its open source.

moddb.com/games/blood-fan-remake.

About damn time.

Come the fuck on OP, don't mislead me like that.

I just want the EX source port honestly

Cease & Desist incoming from the perpetual jews of ZeniMax

Nah, Daggerfall is freeware

thats xl engine

is there a way to create custom class?
doesn't seem implemented yet

I'm not a lawyer or familiar with freeware shit; are you really sure that's enough to prevent a C&D? My heart says yes, but my pessimism forged from decades of living on this hellish planet says no. Despite owning the franchise as a whole, they have no say in a game they've deemed freeware?

You don't need permission for shit, if you wanted you could code for example a call of duty game from scratch and they couldn't do shit about it. as long as you used original code and didn't look at their code.

You'll still run afoul of trademark law, though.

Oh cool a new update

dfworkshop.net/

This will be fun to mod maybe, running on Unity it will probably perform like ass the second we see a mod that replaces the character sprites with proper 3d models.

All this does is read and interpret the files that Bethesda have made, I don't think this is illegal but the US is run by some stupid backwards retards, so maybe this could be shut down if it went to court and Bethesda got the same "experts" they brought in for the Oculus VR lawsuit.

I am.

As long as it's not for profit ZeniJews can't do shit.

If, for some reason some judge felt the need to proclaim they were stepping on trademark toes, they could just rename it (DaggerUnity or some generic shit) and release it as that.

Nah, it's just shifted gears into remaking the game at a basic playable level.

The main dude's twitter is here:
twitter.com/gav_clayton

He posts progress stuff pretty regularly.

Also arena is getting a remake I guess

Sounds great but it won't do anything to fix the major problem of areas all looking identical, making it impossible to remember places.

Believe it or not, it is still being worked on.

How else do you expect to have map like ?

You can mod it, and there are mods out there.

he should make it open source tbh
his constant hiatuses are kinda annoying.

You guys have no fucking clue how copyright law works. Notch had his project "Scrolls" forced to change its name by the jews of Zenimax because according to them it stepped on their "The Elder Scrolls" IP. An indie game named "Prey of the Gods" was forced to change its name because Zenimax owns the copyright to the "Prey" franchise.

It doesn't matter at ALL if Daggerfall is freeware. It doesn't matter if the dev is making it for free. Zenimax could legally shut this guy down in a heartbeat because he is not only using the Daggerfall name but is using copyright protected assets from the game. All fan games, all mods, all fan art, hell even fanfiction is all a breach of copyright according to current copyright laws. And it is entirely up to the developer to be as much of a kike as they want to be. The user making derivations or inspired works has basically ZERO rights.

There's an Irish fast food chain called "Super Mac's" or something along those lines which happened to piss off McDonald's lawyers.
Why? Because it had the word "Mac's", which they felt was too similar to "Mc".
They got pissy over actual surnames names. Can you imagine being any more Jewish?

Which Tamriel map is that based on..?

Probably skyrim? daggerfall is about 10,000 times bigger, so 100 on a side.

You know nothing about what you speak.
Fucking armchair lawyers.

Its not for profit and daggerfall is in the public domain.
You're wrong, and have no idea what you're talking about. Get over it.

That was a trademark dispute, not copyright.

The world sizes of Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim are consistent with each other. That is, the scale of TES3, TES4, and TES5 is the same, if you look at a map of Tamriel. But at that scale, all of Tamriel would fit onto Sentinel, since Daggerfall's scale is so different. Pic related.

freaking nerds wanking over a meme game

You move much more slowly in Morrowind than in Oblivion/Skyrim, so it ends up feeling bigger.

That depends on your skills and Speed. So it solely depends on the player.

considering the fact that you'll be spending most of your time near the sea area since everyone I know avoided the center of the map due to obvious reasons.

holy jesus

THIS is what they decided to show off? What the fuck

Why bother?

I think it's more of a model showcase than anything else to be honest.

Daggerfall's scale makes more sense though, since the towns in Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim are tiny as fuck.

Holy shit you are a retard. Daggerfall is neither in the public domain nor does it matter if the fan work is for profit or not. Daggerfall is "freeware" meaning the game is available without charge but that in no way affects the intellectual property rights of ZeniMax. Holy shit go read up on copyright law then hang yourself for being such a colossal dipshit.

ok, got it but how do i get these trees now?

Yeah and by that logic people can be sued for fan art and cosplay.
In music you can take someone's song a change it a bit and call it your own.
Its what Vanilla Ice did with Under Pressure by Queen.

Copyright law is very complex so a retard like you has no hope of understanding it, give up.

I should really get around to it one day.

Actually, no. If you sample a song in an obvious way and sell the resulting track for money you are totally liable to be sued. It's like when Kanye made that song where he pretty much wholesale stole Aphex Twin's Avril 14th and Aphex Twin contacted Kanye and said "that's a pretty good use of that music but the timing is off and the sample is kinda shit quality, want me to replay you it?" and Kanye went "SHIEEEEEEEEEEEET WE WUZ MUSICIANS AND SHIET UNGA BUNGA OOOGA BOOGA BIX NOOD" and denied that he stole it.

People rarely sue for other people sampling music but if you do sample you are totally liable to be sued by the creator of the original track. The reason the amen break is so popular is because the people who made it released it royalty free, if they hadn't they would be billionaires.

Just fuck off, you're a retard and everything you type makes you look like a bigger retard.

Sure, but to get a world that large, you have to rely on procedural generation, which has its drawbacks. I'd rather have hand-crafted worlds the size of Morrowind than algorithmically produced worlds the size of Daggerfall.

Sometimes people get sued over that, too. Al Green, for example, is notorious for suing people (and sometimes winning) who sample his work.

They can, you dumbfuck, like I already said. You can be shut down for fan art, fan fiction, fan anything, as long as you don't fall under the miniscule umbrella of fair use which typically applies to journalism and parodies. It's entirely up to the IP owner how much of a kike they want to be. That's how incredibly broken modern copyright law is.

Vanilla Ice only got away with it because it was "just different enough".

I forgot to include the part of the story where Aphex Twin then tried to sue because Kanye wouldn't even give an acknowledgement, let alone any actual money.

anyone ?

Is this your first romp in personal projects or something? I fucking hate everyone under a certain age these days. They definitely have never waited five plus years for a fantastic mod in their life and just cry like petulant children. There is a huge generational gap and they like to lump it all in as supposed millenials.

really now

Hey, that guy is still doing modding stuff. Nice.

Yeah its wrong but a lawsuit was still attempted( mojang.com/2012/03/scrolls-will-be-scrolls/ ) so not COMPLETELY wrong

I like where DF unity is going.

millennials at one point referred to birth date, then someone decided it should refer to people who entered permanent jobs after 2000

It's still bigger than most game worlds from the time of daggerfall. Also daggerfall was randomly generated and was just vast plains of emptiness. Bigger is not aways better.

Actually Every single town and dungeon was placed exactly where it is, the only randomness is the quests and where you play.

Never played morrowind. Whats up with the center?

I don't want updated graphics.

I want updated physics and bugfixes, that's all.

This thread really needs more dubs.

forums.dfworkshop.net/

Like these trips?

Very nice.

Bump for interest

impressive

how

Is this bait?

Daggerfall was a 1:1 scale game while the other TES games were more like 10000:1.
The only reason it was even possible was because 95% of the game was randomly generated nothingness padded between towns.

He's probably referring to fast travel.

I thought the towns and dungeons were all generated, but from a static seed, so that they're the same each time.

The center of the island is a big mountain surrounded by a magic fence. You're not supposed to go there until late in the main game.

At the beginning. Then you're flying everywhere and jumping 5m high like in some fucking anime

Can anyone explain how to fucking talk to npc's in this game?

Anonyma got killed by a Fleshpound

If size= quality then Minecraft would be the better game.
Density is where it's at.

Just walk up to them and press the space bar, you dunce.
cdn.bethsoft.com/bethsoft.com/manuals/Morrowind/mwgoty_pc_en.pdf

I wouldn't mind "updating" the graphics but if I did I would probably make it look more akin to something like Shadowgate 64, I have no fucking idea why people are trying to shove high poly models into a game world with such low detail, I'd honestly rather have bustling city scenes with lots of low poly characters and clutter than a nicely detailed scene with advanced post processing and lighting.

You don't get a say.

Whoops, thought this was the Morrowind thread. Never mind, I'm a faggot.

you fucking casual retards just can't get enough of empty space with nothing to do, can you?

I can't speak with the NPC's. Unplayable!

Dungeons apart from the story related ones are all randomly generated
Even the story related dungeons aren't designed, they are just static.

And you do realize that he got fucking sued right?