Monster Hunter Thread /mhg/

MHXX DOWNLOAD

If you scan the last pic with a home-brewed 3ds with the latest version of FBI, you can download and install XX directly from Nintendo's eShop servers. The game is also available on FreeShop.

Englishanese Translation: gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/

Resources:

>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>MHXX Skill Recommendations (WIP): pastebin.com/r7Bf9T8J
>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki
>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png
>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD
>MH4G to MHX Weapon Changes: docs.google.com/document/d/1T6stg2wlCnHdwUUVZxN4Yc0E9wcAaCJHHNA-qOQSMJs/edit?pref=2&pli=1#
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Athena's ASS for MH4G and MH4U: forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni
>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun
>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/
mediafire.com/file/mm86xiwn63ellcu/Athena's *SS MH4U 1.13b.zip
mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
men-dont-scream.deviantart.com/
capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/XX-Switch/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If only the females looked anywhere close to that good. MH5 better give us the MHO models or something better.

So are there any changes people want made to the copypasta? Other than the stuff for XX, it's all stuff I've kept from previous iterations, but I don't use any of it myself, so I don't know how useful any of it is.

Dead
>Athena's ASS for MH4G and MH4U: forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/

Replace with:
>mediafire.com/file/mm86xiwn63ellcu/Athena's *SS MH4U 1.13b.zip

Maybe add
>mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter

Give us a break, it's finals season.

I think he meant that the link in the pasta was dead.

I set myself up for that one.

HR89
Silverwind Nargacuga
Silverwind tickets
Hayabusa Feather
Silver Solmail
Silver Solbraces
Vaik Faulds
Silver Solgreaves
Sharpness +5 2 slot talisman
Long time LS/GS user trying out Dual Blades. Pretty fun, aggressive, and fast paced, especially when paired with Adept. I just solo'd the Silverwind/Mizutsune quest in under 20 minutes using the Kirin Bolts.
It's a toss up between Narga, Tigrex, and Kushala Daora.
Blangonga. I hated Snow Rajang in MHFU and I hate him now. In theory he should be a fun, fast paced fight but his spastic movements make it aggravating instead.

Only way to get more ezmode than that is brave style

Yeah, it's pretty trivial to dodge most attacks. Silverwind was pretty hellish with

Accidentally posted
Anyways, I tried Silverwind with Guild LS and Guild GS early on and got thoroughly bodied. With Adept DB it became a cakewalk. I won't lie, it is fun to go full retard with the DB, but I agree that it's essentially easy mode.

Which gaem

oh my bad, 4U.

Anyone G1 rank in MH4U want to team up and finish all the quests together? Just you and me.
I'm pretty good at the game and solo everything right now, so don't think I'm just subtly asking to be carried. I just want someone consistent to play with and feel pretty lonely playing a multiplayer game by myself.
I'm willing to help you get to G rank if you're only HR6 or 7, so long as you'll continue playing with me after.

Go.
Allons-y!
Go.

I would if i was G1 but my other char is HR4 and i'm balls deep in trying to get ONE FUCKING DECENT RELIC GS GODDAMMIT.
Fails Kushala mount and lands in Black tornado

I kinda hate how joke dlc updates the biggest and smallest sizes, it's fun to discover the actual range size of bosses.

Gold crown here, i'm playing daily with a friend that's also Gold, and we never want to deal with randos shitters (although they are less common in G rank).
We manage speedrunning times just the two of us and cats.
How should we settle this?

G1 user how long is it gonna take to git Bronze crown? I'm assuming you made more progress since your last post.

imma G-Crown too.
Does that make 4 of us playing 4U including G1 user?
Gonna post a room if your on?
Doing GQ's?

I'm farming shit mostly, since i dislike wikis i try forging all the weapons i can and it makes for a retarded amount of farm to max them out.
So I'm pretty much going for anything.

KHEZU IS A HORRIBLE MONSTER AND GIGGINOX IS BETTER IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY

GRAVIOS IS A BORING MONSTER AND URAGAAN IS BETTER IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY

What's worse is there was no reason to bring gravios back when uragaan and agnaktor full the same niche. At least they didn't give either of them deviants.

(checked)
When are we gonna get a game without rathalos and rathian?

Never because they're the pikachu of monster hunter. They'll be in every game including spinoffs and they'll be unchanged and you'll like it.

That giant Black son of a bitch turns up on expedition.
Oh shit. Here we go.
>100% moar powah Mega flare Laser. You can walk around it if at a distance
Gravios or Black Gravios are party crashing bores that i hate chasing around multiple zones.

So, who's alive and up for hunting?

MH4U g2 r116
Whatver, I need points for bug upgrade
Whatver, I need points for bug upgrade
Skull helm
Garuga mail X
Garuga vambrace X
Rath Soul coil
Garuga greaves x
and a mounting master talisman
Mainly IG, sometimes greatsword
Love's a big word but I kinda like fighting the nerscyllas
Stygian Zinogre is climbing up the hate pole and it's not as sexy as you think it is.

What skills should I be looking for if I want to equip heavy-bowguns ?

me, up for some XX if you want

You'll want evade extender and [shot type] up.
The rest is up to you, go for more damage boosters maybe.

Okay tell me Holla Forums - I'm stuck at 11.2 with luma3ds…

Is it safe to update to 11.4 or should I need to if i want to access online hub?
If so how?
Will it brick my 3ds?

I'm actually afraid to go online because once my friends 3ds got banned in online because of that Pokemon sun/moon fiasco so yeah there's that…

Update luma. Newer versions let you bypass most of the minimum-firmware requirements, so you should be able to go online even on old firmware.
The sun/moon bans had (almost) nothing to do with CFW, that was because people were playing online before the official release. In most cases it was with pirated or stolen copies (so an indirect link to CFW), but people with 100% stock 3ds with no cfw or homebrew whatsoever who played legitimately purchased copies that were put on store shelves before their intended release date were banned too.

Damn, off to work. Should be free in about 12ish hours

here

Garuga Mask
Ace Vest
Artian Guards X
Esurient Coat (or anything with Torso Inc)
Ace Leggings
—————–
+6 Tenderizer, +10 Attack OOO
—————–
2x Absorber Jewel 3
3x Earplug Jewel 1
3x Absorber Jewel 1

It will give me Fleet feet, Weakness exploit, HG earplug, Recoil Down +2 and Attack up (s), maybe I can use the skull mask and switch the esuriant coat for something else.

Charms were a mistake.

Save editing was a mistake.

That too.

I kinda agree though. Now when you find someone with good charms, everyone assumes they're edited even when they're legit.

To be fair though, the charm system as a whole is so flawed that it doesn't really show anything other than "I did the Y farming method for X hours". If it was related to anything other than pure RNG or demonstrated any type of understanding of the game, I'd like it better. (especially in 3 where it was just 'fuck you you're on a bad table no good charms ever').
Really the save editing is a result of the system being so flawed that it boils down to "do I want to waste time mining or do I want to hunt some fucking monsters"

so with everyone praising 4u, i finally downloaded it. one thing i hate is that hammer is extremely shit without the aerial style. should i just use GS?

I didn't mind decorations and armor slots. They were a logical progression for armor skills, which were originally completely unknown and hidden in the original MH… But charms? Charm tables? Charm Runs? Charm Grinding? Random Charm mixing? Athena's armorset bullshit? Makes me want to fucking kill myself.

GS is best in Guild style in my opinion. It's too slow to properly benefit from adept outside of aggressive positioning, aerial forces you to jump around to charge, and striker is a bit too simplistic for my tastes.

I'd say the faster charge times off of unsheaths with Brave make it much better, myself.

whats next after the bujabujabu set when youre a melee user?

Depends on which weapon you're using.
Something like Rathalos for GS is good.
Status/element skills are for DB and SnS.
LS needs to be removed from the game.
Not sure about the others, I don't really play much apart from GS.

C'mon man.

the jump is that big? i mean im supposed to wear bujabu set until higher ranks?

Muh pure damage.
I run Grimclaw at the moment, but haven't been playing XX that much to upgrade past it yet.

BuJaBuJaBu should get you into high-rank easily enough.
I can't recall what I used starting HR in X, but it was probably either still BJBJB until I got rath. It might of been Astalos, but that's not a very good set for GS, I just wanted the easy dodges against deviant tigrex.

And they are so weak to gunners its funny

Where can i find all the stuff from this artist?
I love everything he draws, and im not even a nepfag

This kept going for entire days: Every g2 room has people running rathians and volvidons, no plesioth, no narga, no shogun just those two and no one will join my room if i try something different.

I would totally hunt anything with you, user. But I just can't get off my ass.
11.2 system and SD card have been sitting here collecting dust. send help

are you on xx? or just 4u?

also, anyone here on mhgen wielding gs? any tips on progression for gs? what do i use after bone cleaver? i think i fucked up by not using iron sword or petrified blade

Use whatever has the best raw+sharpness. Usually that's tigrex(I think)
Also, if you use anything other than guild or striker I'll scream.

:^)

men-dont-scream.deviantart.com/

thanks

XX, and i really can't stand it.
I don't want to open a room here since i'm kinda shitty and get nervous when i play with others.

Even though you were just talking about playing multiplayer?

It's different: Playing with random japanase players doesn't matter. Moonrunes everywhere, i can't read them, i can't write it and after the hunt we'll never see each other again. Here people would associate my name with my id.

Your ID only lasts for one thread. Anyway, your call, but I'm complete garbage at the game myself, so you're in good company there at least.

Does Felyne Weakener really increases chance of tiny crown monsters? I can't get a tiny nibbel, and im sure the 5* desert gourmand quest can spawn one.

Jesus christ I hate Deviljho's retarded 4th gen dance breath attack. I do not fucking understand it one little bit because the animation and motions for the attack don't make sense logically and don't feel natural. That fact that it has 360 degree tracking and rubber-banding on the windup, and the fact that he does it 3 times in a row, does not help the unnatural janky feeling either.

Deviljho and Brachydios used to be my all time favorite monsters to hunt in 3rd gen, but 4th gen has really kind of ruined them both.

Also MHXX needs to chill the fuck out on monster HP.

I don't think I'll be able to get that charm anyway; I have been doing Harvesting tour on the celestial mountain for the past few days, got a load of Zennys and charms but nothing I could use. I'll grind today and if I get nothing I'll just be happy with the skills from the armor.

Fun fact: in MHX, the 7* hub hyper zingogre quest had 10k hp. That's 2/3rd narkarkos which is the raid boss of the game.

Also took a look at the new missions and saw they Super deviant diablo 22k hp. Hot damn.

Don't forget the Fire Emblem Hyper Silver Rathalos.

Holy shit it's been so long since i cut a nargacuga tail that i forgot you could.

Broke my home menu button, so now I can't use Mode3 to play MHXX with the patch.
That's a fucking mood killer.
Now I have to find a prepatched version or do it myself. Fuck me.

can't you repair it? what broken, the physical button or what?

I've been having some problems with the touchscreen that required me to poke a knife under the plastic to alleviate the pressure on the screen.
I accidentally hit the ribbon cable, I think.
It might also just be disconnected.

Can't check as the screws have calcified over the years.
I was going to replace it anyways, but this just speeds up the need.
For the meantime, I might just break the screws, force it open and duct tape it back or something. Maybe I can even buy new screws.

user…

>Gunlance, huh?
He now wants to buy a 3DS so he can Gunlance.
tfw the gunlance clicks so much with your playstyles that you perform better with it than the other weapons in the game
tfw you've ruined someone else before they even began

How would you guys design Gunlance? Personally, off the top of my head:

Did you tell him it's worst weapon in the game, and he can feel free to play it but expect to time out if he's not passable with it?

Yep, I told him that it's comparable to solo Hunting Horn, which I described as 0.8 players solo.
This led to me explaining HH, which only made him want to play that weapon too. I can't tell if he's a masochist or if he just has very specific tastes that I share.

So either low level GLs do fuck all damage or there's no reason to ever upgrade them because the damage is the same. Just make them scale off the weapons raw, or better yet make them elemental.

It's shit and clunky, but so satisfying. I guess my biggest gripe with Funlance, and to some lesser extent Lance, is the insane block stun.
But then again blocking should have a drawback, it being a risk free alternative to evasion.

Tell him about a good weapon like SwitchAxe instead then

I don't think lance blocking should be balanced to be equal to dodging, lance and funlance have its blocking as a plus, they are supposed to be defensive weapons and high blocking power is a feature

Everything is fucked.

Sounds sexy.

>adept DS and mushroomancer
JUST

Why no one posts rooms anymore? i remember during 4u everyone was friendly and willing to help, rooms open 24h. Is it because XX it's not that good?
If you're interested i've opened a room. I'd like to go for hyper monsters to clear up the hg rank a bit, but the usual "everyone will choose a quests on rotation" is still there.
12-2277-9818-8597

In my case, been working a lot of overtime so a little burnt out. I'll try to join in more often, but right now I'm getting ready for work.

So i dusted off my copy of MH4U and made the critical error of starting a room for level 140 Shagaru Magala. Hoping for Hunters who know how to hunt Shagaru would join, little did i know of the cancer that awaited me.
>"But why do i have to change from my Golden Lunemail X set for a GQ?" After asking them to change out of their farming set for a set with some actual damage skills. Or as one hunter put it "Kick this fucking leech". He slaps on a White Fatty set with a GS

Fuck me. Who the hell is carrying these shitters past Gog? It's HARD and they want relics but they won't get gud. NO, they refuse to get gud. In this sea of Rajang, Teostra and Double Deviljho rooms i seem to get the creme-de-le-creme of nubs, White Fatalis, Star Knight and Lunemail armor shitters.
MHG made me forget how much rage comes from hosting 140GQ rooms.
Don't get me started on event quests like Shah Dalamurder and Carts over Gogmazios. Literally impossible with these caliber of hunters.

>no hablo ingles hon hon hon

XX got a lot of activity in the first month after release or so, died down because people got bored of the game/did everything they wanted to do, I guess.

Why are you not applying logic to these shitters and kicking them right when you figure out that they are. I'm not saying that factors above are enough to afford that decision, but they are at least indicators that you should pay attention to their persona and surely you'll find more than enough reasons to make your life easier if you do so(well, in most cases).
I hope that your ability to comfortably hunt shagaru doesn't create an unhealthy tendency of you becoming like stuck up 999 faggots.
Maybe not with the kind, but I was able to do these quests in pubs with ease over a year ago. And clearly average players then weren't of a high caliber either.

Waiting for gengen.

Guard+
Have you ever heard of counters?

If you are implying aerial, then go be a retard somewhere else.
Otherwise, swax isn't newbie friendly since it's more vulnerable than GS and doesn't do much damage in unqualified hands.

Both are horrible and you are confirmed retarded for thinking that there is anything redeemable in giggi to make it not shit.

Uragaan>>FU Gravios>Uragaan roll\360 shit fling spammode>Nu Gravios

You can hunt with it in gen just fine and objectively run even better than with some other weapons(solo/duo or if there is no support setup required in online play) as long as it's not a TA. He would've went there regardless anyway, sooner or later.
You do understand that to compensate for that, the yellow bar would probably be xbox huge and instead of being retard friendly, locking in the red would be extremely autistic? More over, overheating taking less time than WF cooldown would make it a WF couldown, you didn't think this through did you?

Upgrades increase the percentage of dmg dealt? Regardless of that suggestion, currently this is the case and I enjoy your suggestion more.

I stopped playing online because I'm fucking embarrassed by how much better everybody else is than me.

While it's a given that flashy anime attacks need to go away, would you leave mounting/ jumping attacks in MH? at this point i'm starting to hate them, especially because they had to add ledges to all the maps, fucking my positioning.

Really, how? i keep seeing g rank rooms with retards wearing less then 400 def armor, with NOT EVEN ONE skill activated.
I'm shit too user, i can play with you if you want.

Never leave the hub without it.Unless I'm trying adept again. Still a lot of points dumped for an ability that essentially boils down to being allowed to clench ones sphincter whilst being sodomized.

Make me eat shit half the time, but I'm barely comfortable with using Lance.

In older games, guard being combined with auto-guard was broken af, because you were pretty much invincible if you've payed attention. I did that and now because of that I pay enough attention to be able to pace myself and block manually\counter without losing my shit.

Maybe make it a bit more complex than just a status bar that can be only filled by incredibly boring attacks. HAs that deal mount damage don't count because they barely deal any.

Here we go, Remove underwater bullshit from 3 and you have a good game, Remove mounting nonsense from 4 and you have a good game. Remove Styles, Hunter Arts, Massive HP bloat, the upgrade system, and basically anything new they added exception of deviant monsters and even those need changed from XX/X/Gen/Gengen and you have a good game

Mounting to me was never as bad as the Extreme monsters 4G introduced. Those are just unfun games of "wait a couple minutes for your 30 seconds of being able to do damage to recharge"

Apex was bad, but mounting was a problem that was the entire game thanks to the prevalence of Insect glaive and how it changed most maps

you make yourself wide open while charging

Not all changes are bad overall, because if I were to follow the same logic, then I would also put the fixed hitboxes on the list, since they've made the game easier(producing room for shitters to fill in) without compensating, unless we start counting apex and hyper as a counter measure - then you get what you deserve.
Frenzy and guild quests were fine in my opinion. Certainly would love to have them improved.

Same goes for GS, but it's still considered a pretty good weapon type. Scratch that, I only had to say that lance is taking the cake in TA ranking because of it being so broken.

Almost all of those were introduced in 4U though. And what are you talking about with hypers, they're the main source of the hilariously bad HP bloat.

Me

Everybody else

There's a point where it feels like I'm not even playing the same game as everyone else so I stopped going online. It doesn't feel like I'm hunting anything or doing anything when everyone else has the monster limping away before I can even reach the area.

I mean, if we've got less bullshit because of fixed hitboxes, then apex and hyper are the bullshit that devs gave us back in return.

Then just don't run halls with people that have access to endgame content and don't bash yourself too much for inexperience.

How long have you been playing? And if you can actually complete quests and give a shit about your performance you're already better than at least half of the random shitters online. If you're genuinely trying and not triple carting every hunt then there isn't much to be embarrassed about online.

So, yeah, basically I don't run halls at all because everybody has access to endgame content now.

People here are usually happy to gear down

pretty much this
Just because people have more experience doesn't mean you have to stop playing online. I'd say the important thing is that you're still having fun with the game, but if taking too long bothers you too much, just study monsters.
Start stick farming one specific monster over and over and take a mental note of how and why you fuck up (positioning, reading attacks, too greedy with damage), what would make the hunt easier (don't just aim just for aggressive/atk related skills), and watching people on youtube is good too. Just because you see a video of someone completing a quest in 3 minutes, doesn't mean they didn't have to repeat the hunt over and over to get it right.

Just build a set for deviant Narga LBG with:
I don't think I have thought that through.

What is the best hunter art, and why is it this one?

What's going on in that webm? Is that a mother fucking pile bunker?

Yep, it's the new HBG hunter art in XX. Seems pretty strong, but if you're going for TAs then it's not that great. It can cut sleeping tails pretty easily, though. That clip is from this video, by the way.

(checked)
Some of these were pretty eggscellent.

Made it to g3, turns out the heavy bowgun armor I made didn't help me at all. Fuck rajang and his triple jump.

What is this ?

Valfalk, the flagship elder dragon of XX.

Rajang is kind of designed to fuck up gunners and is only really decent to hunt with GS. It's like blademasters have Plesioth, and gunners have Rajang.

what is a game like monster hunter, but on pc?

Your only bet is to emulate one of the Portable games in PPSSPP

Anyone up for XX? I'll be making dinner soon, but I'll be up for hunting in a couple hours if anyone's interested.

Stop projecting

10/10 post

I'm going to take this post to ask a question:
Do you think there are monsters that should/shouldn't be fought with a specific weapon? I know you can kill everything with everything with enough patience, but some weapons are really not good with them.

I would say some monsters are a pain to hammer because they keep their heads high all the time like Chameleos
But other than Basarios and Khezu vs Bowgun i don't think there is a weapo/monster combination that is simply overpowered

Says a person that has trouble reading. Not comprehending. Reading.

Desire to keep playing is dropping.

Why not just HBG Gravios and call it a day? It's cheesy as hell, but these drop rates justify almost anything, really.

Thanks.

I'm still on ofw 11.0.0 because I cannot for the life of me transform my GPT sd card into an MBR. Tried multiple ways and all of them didn't work, then I asked a tech guy and the faggot apparently found a way but kept forgetting the notes, probably trashed them by now. So I wait for an easier entry.

Tell me where is the not retarded part in this crap

Entirety of the sentence?
Fetish fuel/tri giggi hunt aesthetics/gothic(?) styled equipment is not enough to make up for how shitty the actual hunt is which, compared to most of the other ones, is pretty much equal to khezu one in terms of bullshit and annoyance it creates.
If your only argument is
then my counter argument would be
it's fucking cancer.

Ehhhh.

Because GS rooms are the only rooms that seem to get shit done when it comes to slaying a charging explosive cat

Everything can do Deviljho but the ones that can slide or backhop excel at Deviljho where the others fail. It's so easy to slide/backhop through all of his attacks. I actually have issues using Bushido DB against him now because I'll keep avoiding the attacks with the normal slide i-frames, which evidently doesn't trigger the perfect dodge to give me corkscrew attacks.

SA is another one that's perfect for Deviljho.

Bushido anything destroys jhojho
But the parasol LBG in MHGen absolutely destroys it

Forgot CB.
I feel like your a wrong, but I have nothing else to say in return.
HM/GS/CB then everything else
LS/IG/SA
You've confused the two. Also
IG/HH are a pretty good pick for teo and
SNS for jang.

Weapons aren't in order of usefulness.
I forgot cheeseblade.
I can't put SA in as its too painful. I kept trying to make it work then switched to GS, SNS and DB (Solo testing).
A good HBG user with over 600 damage is going to shred Shagaru if he stays alive.
Dropped SA and used some thunder DBs and slapped his shit silly in record time.
CB is a fucking joke as one person can solo Apex Jho without problems if they abuse GPs.
Never really saw a need for an IG as Teo is either flinching, KO'd or flopping around after his horns are broken.
SNS for Jang?
First i've heard of it, usually DB and hope my stones don't run out while GS does GS stuff.

Forgot Zinogre, Stygian "Get in the piftall trap" Zinogre, Diablos, B.Blos, Plum D Hermitaur, Kirin, Ice Kirin, Kushala "Epilepsy test" Daora and Yian Garuga.

Resets the rage and gives some free hits without much effort. Was pretty much a requirement in most 4u lobbies.
Preferably status, but even without, it's mobility and ability to block in dire situation is just good enough to make it a very viable option. Also smoke weeds erry day on dual jangs.
I just feel that the list doesn't sit right with me, but since I hate shig and never actually bothered enough to figure it out - I don't have any suggestion.
Doesn't really matter, you've proved the point that there are specific weapons that are better for one and not so good for the other.

Been playing 4U recently? 4 GS users in a Teostra room isn't uncommon.
I know mounting does as well and i always kept count of mount attempts and my stopwatch handy BUT GS users keep KOing of Flinching him out before he can go supernova.
Theres literally no point in IG if there's more than 2 sheath control GS users in a squad.

Fug, I need to read more carefully. I stopped at gravios.

new ban wave

Oh shit that looks bad for 3DS modders.
I haven't flashed or messed with the stock ROM/OS so we'll see if these bans are actually targetted at Freeshop/Homebrew/custom ROM users.
Anyone in thread banned?

Read through GBA temps forums
And i was seriously about to install Homebrew on my spare 3DSXL.

Why is the Dragonmaiden relic SA skin so fucking hard to get?
I keep going on expeditions murdering the local Basarios+BYKK population, hoping a Jho shows up before praying that i get a Basarios or BYKK+Jho GQ and it isn't FUCKING LANCE, HAMMER or SNS.

Wheres that list of GQ monsters you get for slaying expedition monsters?

I'm using al9h and just got online and downloaded some fresh DLC event quests, but if you believe the banned then it "comes in waves" so nobody is safe. All the same I would avoid opening any first-party Nintendo internet service for a while.

capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/XX-Switch/

E3 localization announcement at Nintendo's stream, then?

My bank account is crying out in pain at the thought of this. Is it feasible to hook up a dime-a-dozen Dell screen to that thing?
Would have to buy a fucking TV on top of it, otherwise.

Isn't the Switch single screen? They're going to have to put in effort for this then, since they can't just port it straight.

Just… Take the switch out of the dock?

How so? You can use hunter arts with ZL/ZR on 3DS if you have a CPP or n3DS.

Which removes your ability to use the lockon camera though. Either way they'd still need to change the HUD to show the meters for the Hunting Skills.

Ah shoot, forgot about meters and stuff. And I never did play 3U on Wii U to find out how picking a lockon target works when using a pro controller…

HYPE

Not really no

I just got to G3 and I'm apparently banned. Fuck soloing the G3+ content, the HP pools are far too big and I don't want to put in the work of a meticulous speedrunner.

I'll wait a few weeks for it to cool off and see how it develops. Seems there's already a few methods to circumvent the ban.

They did it with Tri too.

Okay but will it also be localized for the 3ds? That's what I care about because I uninstalled it due to the recent ban scare.

The armor looks fucking cool as shit man

I fucking knew it, so you WERE the same jap-user from the Vita threads.

Nips had to pay for going online in Tri, unlike the rest of the civilized world :^)

Ah, the foreigners didn't have it? Either way though, it's not something new, those fags have tried it before. Ah well, just means that if MonHun 5 does end up somehow being Switch exclusive that we'll all be back to playing single player only and actually gitting gud again

It's literally just a single file that it checks for. Takes like 2 seconds to unban yourself.
Also the G3+ pools wouldn't be a problem if XX wasn't a bad game.

But they also got 8 player lobbies.

Gotta ask these:

Would there even be a graphical advantage?

I doubt it - even if the Switch had a slot for 3DS games, X and XX save to the extra data on the SD card instead.

I'm sure there will be a save data transfer tool. They've done this for like every game.

I'll buy it because I'm looking for a good grind on the Switch(Paid online doesn't bother me because I've only ever done solo). But I'm not gonna be hype until there's a Monster Hunter built for the Switch.

How do I cultivate the patience to deal with the plesioth's insane hipchecks?
I've yet to move up to a higher rank because that damnable beast stands in my way.

FU? Pick up a gun/bow.
It's fixed in 3U+ though, so you'd only be able to get good. Or pick up a gun/bow also.

Dpad for arts, see pic.
Yes, both ways.

Wait, if they're putting Hunting Skills to D-Pad, what about the camera?

Also:
>doublecross-play confirmed
Going out on a limb here, but does that mean MHXXswitch's online does not rely on Nintendos shekel-grubbing scheme service™?

Second stick, ya dingus.

I thought it only had one stick or something. I remember something really stupid about the Switch controller's design.

No news on the FPS then? Am i to assume its going to be 30FPS portable and 30-40FPS docked mode?
Or be really weird like BoTW and have a higher FPS in portable mode

The Switch controller is technically two controllers. It has a configuration that only has one stick that's used for multiplayer games with simple controls schemes(Mario Kart, Bomberman, etc). But it has a configurations for normal gameplay as well(it also has a "pro" controller that's shaped more like an Xbone controller)

But it is a relevant feature on their home turf.

Nigger, one of the biggest things in Japan is playing Monster Hunter with friends, peers or co-workers during your lunch hour, after school or on public transport. Monster Hunter brings people together in Japan.
The reason why the series went so long without online play is because online play is more relevant in the west and they put it in to try and get more sales in the west(to great success)

Right, that's what was stupid, the D-Pad is replaced with independent buttons, and now that I look at it, the sticks would totally get fucked from being pulled in and out of your pocket even if the damn thing could fit there in the first place. God, how is it that everytime I look at this thing it looks like more and more of an abortion? I really hope they get on making that SS revision soon or just drop it like they did the Wii U and just make a proper 3DS successor

That's how most people play Monster Hunter, which is one of the only non-shit multiplayer games out there.

Nobody in their right fucking mind would try to go and put a Switch in their pocket. It's a firm declarations that "handheld" and "portable" are no longer mutually inclusive.

And in the modern era multiplayer is done over the internet. Nintendo desperately needed to play catch-up with their online ecosystem but they refuse to drag themselves out of the stone age. They're still using friend codes for fuck's sake!

Okay, I will agree with you there. But local multiplayer is the shit and it's a fucking travesty that it has fallen out of favor. The reason, of course, is to sell more software

Which is why it will fail

No, it's just a firm declaration that the Switch isn't actually a handheld.

Only in foreignerland.

If I remember right you push one of the bumpers/triggers to cycle through available targets. I don't remember exactly but it was one button and it was quick.

Fuck sorry for double posting. Anyway is MHXX actually good? Like good enough to turn me into a Switch faggot? (I don't have a 3ds) Should I maybe wait for the next MH on Switch instead?

I've only played MHFU and MH3U so far and don't know which titles are good.

what are your thought on Dauntless ?

I don't know why you retards are convinced that just because it doesn't fit in your pocket that it will fail. People lug around ipads and laptops all the time these days without complaining and now they're just sliding a Switch in their bag as well.

I would buy a 3DS before I bought a Switch.

3DS

Switch

Oh and I forgot to mention,

I wouldn't jump the gun on that decision. It would have to be a 11/10 port with free online to be even remotely worth it.
But even then, iunno m8. Would you get a switch, even if there was no MonHun never ever™ on it?

Character designs are too cartoony. Doesn't suit the game. Monsters look ok, could stand to be a bit less cartoony as well though.

Animations look a bit weightless. The monsters seem slow and half the time they just stand around not doing anything. They also don't seem to do any damage, but that could just be their stupid godmode demo. Doesn't look great but hopefully it won't be shit.

I'd certainly like a MH clone that isn't all about stupidly long animation locks, and that actually runs at a half acceptable framerate.

What? Are you counting ports? Because there hasn't been a single good exclusive announced for the Switch yet to my knowledge.

They don't bust those out on the trains though, nor do they do with Switches. It's treated entirely as a telly console, and that's why it's going to bomb until they make an actually portable revision.

I don't really play much in the way of console games. If I bought a Switch it would basically be an MH + first party console. Just like my 360 is for Ace Combat, Metal Gear Rising, and Chromehounds.

Ideally MH would come out on PC but no indication that's going to happen. I wonder if Dauntless will be any good.

What kind of shithole do you live in where that doesn't happen? Some hoodlum addled slum where everyone's trying to steal from everybody?
Considering the WiiU is fucking dead and has been pulled out of stores I'd say counting WiiU ports is fair because it's not like the 3DS where it's still getting games and selling good numbers. Many people are excited for ARMS, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2(It will get delayed but it's still slated for this year) and E3 is just around the corner. It's gonna be more worthwhile to buy a Switch during it's first Christmas than the WiiU's last christmas.

Exact opposite Nara

I'm not even thinking of Wii U ports, I'm thinking of SuFami ports like the Seiken Densetsu collection.

No idea what this is.

It looks like it's going to make the same mistake as Splatoon 1 and just be a 2 hour game because they focus on multiplayer crap instead.

There's never been a good 3D Mario.

The original was garbage, and X was apparently just as bad.

Very rarely do games actually get announced at E3 though, it's mostly just foreign localizations.

Maybe, but that's just the realm of telly consoles, which is my point - it doesn't fucking matter. If it's going to try and replace the 3DS, it's going to need to outdo the 3DS, which as you might recall had it's first Christmas with Monster Hunter fresh out the gate.

I'm really glad you put in the extra effort and bloat your posts with all that empty space. Really lightens up the screen. Good job.

you're trying too hard buddy

Your taste is abysmal and you should consider suicide.

Yall can't be serious.

Did they put the High Rank Zinogre armor design back in? That was one of my favourites.

They did make the armour look different based on rank, right?

Letting people who haven't finished the Village play online was a mistake.

I've hopped online when I need some help grinding mats, nothing wrong there.

What we need is an entrance exam into the online guild. A high end monster for whatever rank you are should do it.

Still does not stop shitters from being carried.

Make it one Hunter only. Can't get carried unless you've appropriately prepared in the village, or you are just good enough to manage.

Any anons interested in playing 4U sometime? I just started a new character recently so it would be low rank at first.

>"It's going to have to outdo the 3DS(If you actually bothered to read my first response you'd have learned the Switch is currently outselling the Wii)"

If it was 4G, sure, but region lock makes that a no-go, sorry.

Playing the JP version of these should be mandatory at this point. Every single one on the 3DS has gotten Japanese exclusive DLC and had some kind of extra-casual thing added in to the Western version.

From what I hear they do shit like permanently and inalterably upping player's defense or lowering monster stats. No surprise, really, as localizations have been doing that in both directions since the '80s. There's a reason I don't play non-original-region versions of games anymore.

Artstyle is FUGLY
specially the characters, they look like SJW OCs

I shouldn't need it, but i do. And it will sell out forever in seconds.

That's the beauty of it, the switch dock is probably the easiest "console" to custom paint ever. It's all black matte plastic.

wew

fucking normalfags

thanks user

rumors have it
That MonHun5 is PS4 exclusive, thanks to sony's moneywell
HOWEVER
It'll be ment to cater to "western audiences" and will distance itself from the focus on preparation, in favor of a more action oriented game, complete with special attacks and QTEs

You better be pulling that out of your ass, user.

I saw the fake screencap too. The "source" was an anonymous post on cuckchan. There's no way in hell Capcom would invest that much time into refactoring the entire gameplay formula.

Sounds like wishful thinking on the part of foreigners. I highly doubt Tsujimoto is interested in doing any of that. Also:

What moneywell? Sony's been bleeding money for years now.

but you will never find one if you dont peorder minute one, i know it your know it.

Sorta, it was from some youtube channel I follow about anime. But ultimately it's from 4chan, so it's as good as turd on the end of a stick

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe these rumours one bit. But at the same time I learned to be prepared to any kind and amount of disapointment. So… yeah, let's just hope for the best.

Do not slander the turd, they did nothing wrong.

based on earlier rumours its the tie in for the universal movie set in modern day LA with monsters frooomm anotherrr dimensiiooonnn

As someone not as bitter as most Holla Forums'ers, but not as shit eating as a 4chan'er/reddit. I'm pretty happy with this, I already have a switch because my girlfriend bought one for us thanks to zelda, and it will be nice to play on a big tv again tell we get MH5.

I managed to get one if these, so I have hope.

I have… stickers… from pax :(

HAHAHA YES! PERFECT!

I know, but unbanning right after the banwave seems risky as no one knows the exact target. I'll just wait another few weeks and see if anything happens in the community.

I somehow got a regular priced used one way after the fact. Unfortunately the bottom shell is peeling a bit, but I still love the design.

I gave that one to my brother's kids packed with all the games I bought when I got a generic JP N3DS and put CFW on it.They mostly play Animal Crossing on it now, if at all since iPad still dominates with kids these days.

Gravios are fuccbois to gunner… siege that shit with daora gunner and you're gold.

if you broke gravios back, the explosion after that AoE flame fart will release on his back instead

Mine is peeling a bit where I place my hands as I play, so I'm trying to be more careful with it.

Do you HBG on expeditions?
I understand Gravios are giant Pierce 2 ammo dumps but taking a HBG on expedition over a GS, IG or any other Blademaster weapons is kinda weird.

Should I bother getting a 3ds again? ive played MH4G but couldnt wait for Generations or XX. I wouldnt be getting it just for MH though.

The Grind for materials in generations is the most obnoxious thing I have ever played.

really cause i remember 4G being just as obnoxious with both normal and special armors

Remember how to get new weapons you had to go through the whole branch to get it? In generations you have to level up a weapon 3-4x more.

and instead of armor spheres you have to level your armors by using monster materials. which means even more grinding.

Gen/X/XX are pretty mediocre, the game's not at all balanced around styles existing so instead of making monsters that can deal with it, they just bloat the fuck out of HP and hope you'll mess up enough to make it "challenging"

4U room is open, come one, come all.
ID : 67-7231-9684-9258
Pass : 5369

Goddamn, i love grilled cheese sandwiches.

What monster you hunting? or you doing GQ's? Farming?

Was doing Kirin GQ but room's closed now, will open it up again later if you're still there.

Jesus Christ, the cringe cannot be contained. Your faggot ass is even worse than the Ace Cadet.
Learn how to tie a noose, then jump in front of a train.

4U room is live again.
ID : 44-7193-5201-3938
Pass : 5369

Also; just noticed we lost the monster hunter board, along the dump this really handsome, manly and intelligent user did, what a shame.

Room broke,
ID : 64-2313-8844-0056
Same pass

But you're leaving out the best part! By just saying this, you're keeping open a possibility that it's just more scales and shells, or maybe a few claws. We could never be so lucky. Instead, you get some armor sets requiring you to use rare drops, like a gem or a pallium to upgrade. And every single piece of the set requires the same materials to upgrade, so if you're unfortunate enough to want a full set that needs one of these, you'll have to grind out 5 of them. In addition to whatever rare materials you need to craft the armor.

The other part of the weapon/armor upgrade system, where it needs a certain number of "points" worth of a monster's materials, is also poorly done. Rarer mats like a mantle are worth more than simple scales, but the difference is minimal compared to their rarity. You also can't do something like cash in a bunch of scales to replace another item like a carapace, to help with all those times you somehow have 20/4 scales but only 4/6 carapaces. Instead it's an added cost on top of the normal upgrade costs, leading to even more grinding.

Pic very much related.

Another day, another room.
ID : 20-8006-7916-8348
Pass : 2580

Are you still doing that Kirin GQ?

Doing some Zinogre and Dah'ren for drops, but I'm up for anything

I'd love if they put something like a special consumable or throwable item that allows you to mount smaller monster for a amount of time so you can look around the areas faster.
What new shit would you fucks like to see?

Popular opinion is that MH: XX is a bad instalment.
But is it true? Cast your shame aside, you are on an anomymous image board, and tell me wether or not you play doboru crossu in spite of it's niponese

I played through most of Double Cross, yeah. It's not my favorite MonHun, but it has it's high points.

No different from the rest of the franchise.

I don't give a fuck what you faggots think. Monster Hunter is and always will be the same: you play the newest one, with the most refined mechanics. Take your genwars to a Pokemon thread.

This.
You can easily go forward from mhfu to 3 and then 4, but going from 4 to mhfu fucking sucks

user is absolutely correct. it feels really good.

I started in 3, its better then 3, worse then 4. so pretty good compared to most games

chill man.
I'm asking because I've never played a MH before, but want to get into it.
Meme opinion is that XX is bad, so I thought "well maybe most people don't play it then, what's the point of getting into it if it has a dim playerbase". No genwars bullshit.

Playerbase doesn't really matter for this series, I still boot up Portable 3rd all the time and have a blast.

It's probably my least favorite of the ones I played, with the only one I haven't played being 2.
Like at least in 3 with the stupid water nonsense It tried to make enemies who would balance it in/out of water, moveset and animation differences etc. But in X they just said fuck it "lol everyone is super mode all times also HP"

Its FUN

In a nutshell:
Going back to 4U was nasty after 930+ hours of MHG because Bushido style doesn't punish your shitty positioning.

It's been out for two and a half months now

I went through the same thing when I went back to 4U, I wont even touch Bushido anymore.

I wish more people responded to this.
Some things i wish they did was a more in-depth customization for the hud. I hated how big the player names and items were on the screen in xx compared to 4u. Why not let me decide what to see? why not have the option to hide the player's name while hunting? or even change the camera distance from the player. The main screen is already small, i don't want stupid shit taking space and the second screen is alredy cluttered with the map, the lock-on, d-pad and now the fucking arts. I was playing 3rd hd with a friend on ppsspp since he doesn't have a 3ds and it felt amazing. It's really a shame the games are stuck on nintendo handhelds. And just a minor adjustment would be being able to have the select button for the normal menu and start as a direct pause. It's such a waste to have two different buttons for the same function.

So if I'm going directly from 3U to XX, what can I expect to change other than weapon arts, and what are some things to avoid in order to not be a complete shitter online.

I intend to stay in village till I'm comfy, have always enjoyed some good hammering. Which style is ideal? Is slime still a thing or did it get reworked, etc. So much shit to look forward to.

The game's extremely easy because they didn't design any monsters around styles, but expect random hunts to take longer though from the HP bloat. Hunting Horn got nerfed into the fucking floor. Slime got nerfed into the ground, and hammer got nerfed pretty hard too.

When they localize it and call it MHGG then.
Actually what are they going to call it?
Generations G-rank edition?
Generations X?

I've read (like I said, never played it, stuck with 3U) the main issue in 4U was the number of monsters with areas vulnerable to impact damage was greatly reduced, and that in XX many impact weak monsters are back. Hope hammers didn't get fucked to bad otherwise, I've always had a soft spot for them.

Don't bother, they're all garbage. Just play the real game.

Start with literally any title but Whacky boogaloo reMiXXnow with 50% more HP and work your way up, if you really want to get into MonHun.

Either start with MH freedom unite or MH4 ultimate.
MH4u is on the 3ds, has online, and still has players. MHFU is on the psp, has only local co-op, and is unpolished to hell. Both games are probably the best in the series, but I'm not going to debate that.

their stun values are pretty awful, and their motion values for the golf swing and level 3 charge got nerfed