Yet Another Gamepad Thread

So I have a Dualshock 4 but the USB socket on it is slightly fucked (It will only charge and not carry data unless you really dick around with it) It was a common problem on launch versions of the DS4. I can play with Blutooth but the battery life is starting to tank now so I'm in the market for a purely USB gamepad
Any decent ones? Preferably for around 25 bucks. I can go higher but I want day one shipping because I'm an impatient fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/162456424080
amazon.com/HORI-HORIPAD-Xbox-Officially-Licensed-Controller/dp/B00O7LPXWS/ref=pd_sbs_63_3/141-7063262-5196244?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00O7LPXWS&pd_rd_r=XWB4MKS2D3ZY2Z69YQ4B&pd_rd_w=oOTqj&pd_rd_wg=W8rSx&psc=1&refRID=XWB4MKS2D3ZY2Z69YQ4B
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Since it's related, i meant to ask if any of Holla Forums had the drifting analogs on dualshock 3.
Specifically when I push the left one up the right one strafes left.

Wow, its like I really am back on halfchan

Sounds like a really weird problem. Like the potentiometer of the stick were getting interference
I big problem with controllers of that generation is the control stick would end up slightly coming loose from the actual pot so it got some wiggle/play on it

Sad part is sony manifactured those to be crafty to fix.
My dad can solder but i don't really want to bother him for something so dumb

Learn to solder yourself. My-first-coldering-kits can be bought cheap at a hardware store. Its not that hard honestly. Even if you do a shitty job as long as the solder joints are insulated and properly connected you're golden, it doesn't have to look pretty (and it wont if you're inexperienced, its just part of the learning). If you're afraid you'll get a teeny tiny fucking burn then you shouldn't be soldering anyhow though

I know how to do it in theory, i just never tried.
Our soldering iron is also quite dirty and not a good learning method either as it mostly gets hot around the cilinder rather than the tip for whatever reason.

The kit should include a rough surface for cleaning the tips. Simply heat it and then start rubbing the old oxidized solder gunk off. It doesn't get that hot because the crusted shit at the top is a good insulator (I mean it better be because it is old solder after all)

Leave it be, i'm better off buying a new one and dealing with the inevitable planned obsolescence
The one we have is something like 10 years old anyway

Alrighty so after doing minimal research (skimming Amazon for shit in my price range) it looks like the Logitech F310 is a solid choice in my price range

Anyone have experience with this pad? Any other opinions?

Kinda poor button quality in my experience.
I had wireless Logitech Rumplepad 2 way before this which still works just fine except for the rumble.
F310 on the other hand, I have problems with the dpad, shoulder buttons and ABXY.
Mind you it did work fine when I got it, but compared to the other pad, this one wore out pretty fast.

After a bit more research I could spend a little bit more and get an Xbox 360 Wired controller. Any experience with those?

Nope, but some DS 3 controllers I have are having trouble with input

nada

Welp, caved and used what was left of my account balance for the 360 pad instead. Hopefully I didn't make a grave mistake. Couldn't get dat one day shipping though

Baka!
ebay.com/itm/162456424080

I was in the market for a wired controller. And I couldn't do Ebay because I was using the money I had on my account

I haven't had any problem with wired 360 controllers on Win7, they've been pretty good.

Xbox wired are pretty good, I prefer them over the wireless because they're lighter and lack the massive battery pack.

You can plug it in, wireless is a bonus and fair enough if you only had amazon credit.

Thanks for the reassurance user. Another thing that drew me to the Xbox controllers is that I will no longer have to do weird hackery like the x360ce programs for xinput only applications

FUCKING STOP
Those pieces of shit have input lag, and mushy dpads that wear out after prolonged use.

Shit dpad aside it's better than Logitech shit

I dont like the 360 pad for 2d games. The dpad on it is awful. Its probably the best for 3d games though.

What if
==doggo is the virus?==

fucked that one up royally
please no bully

Well I suppose it's alright. Fucking garbage for fighters, though.

its only good for 3d character games

Looking to get into Tekken 7 when it comes out. You guys recommend gamepad or arcade?

Also, what do you guys think of fightpads in terms of quality?

Right now I am just using a F710 for all my gamepad related gaming.

ITS CALLED A CONTROLLER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i'm convinced the only reason f310 gets any love is because it's always available.
i tried a logitech controller many years ago and the sticks were ok, the d-pad was worse than what you'd get on a modern console controller.
i'll shill for hori all day long though, the problem is they haven't had any good runs with NA release lately.
3/4 of my gempad 3's are in perfect working order, replacing the sticks on them with random leftovers is really easy too. i can't recommend it right now because its been out of production so long that the prices have become stupid.

Are there any modern (current production) hori pads that aren't shit?

i haven't tried any of the new ones, the fightpads are generally good in my experience but they tend to be about $20 too much.

you use it to play videogames, what's wrong with gamepad as a term. these are controllers.

don't you mean remotes user?

The controller turns on the tv, the gamepad controls the game.

No matter how much you try to get people to save your OC, nobody will ever do it because you're a fag.

You did.

ifixit has a guide
Links to buy replacement parts
and time estimates.

a remote is the computer i'm sshing into

Hori FPS Plus is my road dawg

triggers are digital, with a flat face

The resident F310 shill has arrived!

have played the following games w/ features

mgs pw hd - sniper mode
dragon's crown - assign
dragon spirit - turbo bomb and shot
FE path of radiance - n/a

what does sniper mode mean?

lol

It lowers your joystick's DPI

as he said, it makes the right analog stick less sensitive, slowing the crosshair down for a precise shot. Was particularly handy in the marksmanship courses in Peace Walker.

0/10 wrong left joystick placement

Why not use a Ps3 controller? Mine works great and it isnt huge and clunky like modern controllers.

I actually have a Duke controller. I even did the USB mod for it so I can use it for PC. Those controllers are God-tier no matter what people say. The only reason I don't main it is because it lacks stick buttons and shoulder buttons so its no good for modern shit. Plus I need 3rd party drivers for it.

Hori makes some good shit

how?? I remember when renaming it changed the properties but it doesnt do it anymore

I can roll with either left analog stick placement

Is this one good?

amazon.com/HORI-HORIPAD-Xbox-Officially-Licensed-Controller/dp/B00O7LPXWS/ref=pd_sbs_63_3/141-7063262-5196244?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00O7LPXWS&pd_rd_r=XWB4MKS2D3ZY2Z69YQ4B&pd_rd_w=oOTqj&pd_rd_wg=W8rSx&psc=1&refRID=XWB4MKS2D3ZY2Z69YQ4B

Great party of soldering is you can wick up your mistakes unless you supremely fucked up.

I don't get it. Does this only work on Windows?

It's ok but don't play racing games or any game that requires analog triggers on it.

WHAT THE FUGG

The Gamesir G3s and Moga.Pro Power are the best two controllers for pc. Dpads are great on both, triggers and buttons feel great, and they both are built pretty great. With the moga controller however to use it on the pc, you need bluetooth and a easily found special driver called MOGA Serial driver.

Plus they both also work on android, which is pretty great.

All I see is a bunch of gibberish when opening it in Notepad++

I had nothing wrong with this controller. So who knows why fags here hate it so much.

Come back in a few months when the dpad's wore out.

I have had it for 3 years, I do use a ps3 controller on my PC though. But I dont remember having any problems with the f310

Stop right there criminal scum

I owned a Gamesir, WORST controller i ve ever had, and i have owned Logitech and Madcatz shit

The D-Pad was garbage i even disassembled it to see how bad it was and took a picture of the shit tier Dpad, now that was not the only problem, everytime i wanted to do double button inputs i had a hard time making then register, stuff like Forward + A+B was near impossible to pull, because the processing of the control had 0 buffer for the inputs. This control should only be used by total casuals that only play android games with it.

The reedeeming qualities of the Gamesir were the clip system and the battery, they were pretty good

I am currently using the Madcatz pad on the last Pic for my phone, now it isn't exactly the best since it feels cheap as fuck and needs AAA batteries, but it has none of the gameplay problems i had with the gamesir

The other is a Rock Candy Xbone controller compatible with PC, that is my current gamepad for fighting games, they are really good, probably one of the best i ve owned, and are pretty cheap, only $30

Have you tried any other Rock Candy controllers? I remember you from previous Controller threads, and I can also confirm that the Gamesir is a pile of shit. I still don't understand the hate for Logitech.

Yeah well that's what happens when you get a customer unhappy, we never lose a chance to voice our bad experience

Yeah, never really play any games with a controller. I just want a plug and play controller that is similar to a Ps3 controller in comparison. Not a big deal.

You didn't use it enough. I've had an f310 that is impossible to register to press down on the dpad, and before that the earlier model with those faggy square holders for analog sticks that can't go left on the pad.

Are you sure its just not your controller that is broken?

I never had issues with the Gamesir and play shumps, platformers, and action games with it often with no issues

I think your controller is broken, because my logitech only stopped working due to a broken cord. Never had issues with the two years I used it and it has useful features like a physical switch that allows swtiching between directinput and xinput and also a button that allows swapping the dpad with left analog stick. Dpad worked fine and the only issue was the annoying deadzone on the sticks.

Ebin meemees.

Is there any other controller with a D-pad similar to the Duke's? I'm not sure if I'm able to get one, let alone mod it.

A mircosoft sidewinder or old lgitech gamepad before the dual analog or rumblepad 2.

I … ummm … got one of these!

A few, actually. Still not enough.

Would be cool if the left stick was in the proper spot.

Once again
LOGITECH F310 DID NOTHING WRONG

Why did Namco go full retard with the GunCon3?

OP here
wanted to report I got the Xbox pad and holy shit its worth it. I forgot a lot of PC games actually have rumble support. No more x360ce for me nigguhs