Bloodborne

Bloodborne Thread

Let's have a thread for the only game on the PS4.

I recently started a new character in Bloodborne and I forgot how fun this game can be.
I think I'm halfway through the game now, about to start on the DLC I got stuck in rape horse on my last/first character

Other urls found in this thread:

bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Beasthood
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Rakuyo, Simon's Bowblade, Logarius' Wheel
Gascoigne's Set
Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower
Ludwig the Holy Blade
Simon the Harrowed or Saint Adeline

Who, Ludwig? If you got stuck last time don't start the DLC at the halfway point in the game, the Hunter's Nightmare is scaled for endgame characters.

Reiterpalash

Hunter's set

Can't say Haven't actually completed the game

Hail the Nightmare

Fake Iosefka

I should've added:
"Favorite Old One?"
and "Favorite Nightmare?"

But user, Knack 2 has just been announced.

Yeah

For some reason on my first playthrough I was incredibly under level, I wasn't even level 40 when I got to the Nightmare of Mensis and then started the DLC.

This time around I feel alot better prepared at least, I'm about the same point in the game on my new character but I'm higher level and better equipped I've also got the power of (((psn+))) now

Regardless of that faggotry, ill bite
Beast saw or blades of mercy
Gerhman
Yahargul set with madman hood
Oeden chapel freak

If you're really having trouble with Ludwig and don't want to bring a partner, just use Beast Blood Pellets and Fire Paper, easily doubles your damage against him.

A PS3 game

Got a bloodborne machine recently, did next to everything there was to do on my first strength character, now doing one bloodtinge and one arcane.
Fun game but something just bothers me about it. Most things are neat at first, chiefly combat and artistic direction, but ultimately leave me with a feeling of "that's it?" It all strikes me as a very solid core that never quite accomplishes what it set out to do. And that's playing with The Old Hunters from the get go. It feels like an essential part of the game rather than an addition.
Like, ultimately it's alright, but I expected more given how much I like the premise on paper.

Favorite theme along with queen of the vilebloods and moonlit melody
I don't even have a piss 4

I've always wondered how do they actually work?

Yeah I feel you, it definetly gives you a feeling a wanting more.
As per usual for Fromsoft games it was a bit rushed and they did cut a few corners, e.g. the beast mode mechanic was pretty much completely cut.

What it set out to do was make an entire game out of the cut content from Demon's Souls' sixth archstone, and I'd say they did that fine. That said I wish they'd taken even more time on the development cycle so that a lot of it wasn't underdeveloped, like the insight/beasthood dichotomy, or the slapdash Nightmare levels in the main game. Did you know there was a time where each unique class would be determined by what strain of infection you had, which would develop as the game progressed?

What is this cancer

Quick rundown: bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Beasthood
Essentially Beasthood is a glass cannon option where you deal more damage but take more damage as the meter rises. The amount the meter rises per attack depends on the enemy, and you get a SHITload of beasthood every time you hit Ludwig.

how many people actually bought in on ps3 though outside of piss poor chinks and huehues?

MDE Charls trying to play Bloodborne.
kill yourself

Oh, I was under the impression that you had to fill the meter to get the buff.

Wheelfor base game, Boom-hammer for DLC
Yamamura's set, fight me
Gehrman for Hunter, Laurence for beast
Lullaby for Mergo, shits burned into my mind from all the times I fought the Wet Nurse.
Djura, He did nothing wrong.

Don't forget Yakuza zero and Kiwami.

Definitely chief offenders. Every now and then I saw anons in horror threads coming to extoll the virtues of insight and how it completely changes the game, like turning pigs into eyeball monstrosities, and turns out they're just the variants of mergo's loft. And only the nightmare of mensis was deserving of the name, as it definitely had some cool visuals. Lecture building was pretty much "we cut byrgenwerth in half just to give Patches a home" and frontier was the designated shitting swamp area. Joy of joys.
Certainly sounds neat as hell, and I guess now that I'm an idort I wouldn't mind a bloodborne 2, but that's not going to happen.
I'd get nioh to have some mileage on the console, but I heard the "free content" was PS+ only, and fuck that noise if true

I think that the concept of a building being completely adrift in the nightmare is neat as hell tho.

Trash

You will never have a Doll that loves you back

W H E E L
H
E
E
L
Stake Driver and Beastcutter are also acceptable
Probably Gascoigne's, though Lady Maria's chest piece with the Crow hunter mask is hard to beat.
Gerhman or Ludwig.
Ludwig's.
Eileen.

Some of the latest Nioh update was free and some you have to have PS+ for (like PVP) iirc. I'm pretty sure the batch of extra side missions they put in the game a while back were free.

I haven't played Bloodborne, but holy shit that got me.
They must have blown their load on waifu material in Bloodborne because they don't have that level of stuff In DS3

im on the first chalice dungeon (the one after starved beast) when does it get good? so far its boring as fuck

It's pretty much always the same template with some rare unique large rooms and the occasional exclusive boss. It doesn't so much "get good" as it avoids being entirely bereft of interest.
Ailing loran chalice is a bitch to get materials from but you'll understand why upon seeing how many blood souls it gives

i should have specified, but i meant the game, not the dungeon.

If you got bored through cathedral ward and old yharnam I don't see how that would change later since I found the areas to get more frustrating than anything else as a whole. DLC excepted.

LOL

This game was a mine of good OC

The fucking saw
Either Gascoigne's or the Yharnam hunter set
Gehrman
Gehrman's or Gascoigne's
The friendly little mutant cunt in cathedral ward who looks like he's going to backstab you at some point but is actually just an overall nice dude

Well, looks like I was just missing that bloodletter one.

Buy a used PS4, wait for bb to go on sale. Goty is on for like 20 bucks at every one or two months

Saw Spear, Simon's Bow and Logariu's Wheel
Tomb Prospector, Choir Set and Old Hunter Set
Orphan of Kos or Kosm
Ludwig's theme
Alfred

Does anyone in here also play the chalice dungeons? They are fucking great, specially the random great Isz dungeons

My inner jew is preventing me from buying a PS4 with the PS4 Pro existing. Especially as I understand it, it performs much better on the Pro

Sounds more like an inner goy.

Who the fuck is that?

Cringe.
This cap is pseudo-intellectual drivel. Lovecraft himself wrote in his work describing the evolution of the cosmic horror genre that it's all based in a fear of the unknown. His writing deals with why that fear is justified, not some no-return bullshit. Many of Lovecraft's protags are able to make clean getaways despite their desperate circumstances, so I'm doubtful this guy even has familiarity with his writing.
Besides, he completely undermines his own point in the last two sentences by suggesting that it's the justification that really matters.

Whirligig Saw, motherfucker.

Eh. The Ashen Hunter set is alright.

Tough one. Gehrman for the total package, Ludwig for the fight mechanics.

Every track is fucking amazing but the boss theme for Ludwig is orgasmic.

Oedon Chapel Dweller. Best friend.

It's not like the pro makes it run at steady 60fps, the game is capped at 30 either way. The boost mode only prevents minor frame drops in some areas. Embed related at about 55 seconds in.

Threaded cane
Charred Hunter Set
Martyr Logarius
Vampire Killer, it's perfect for running through Cainhurst
Alfred

Whats your source?
NeoGaf?

Didn't the pro had a shit ton of issues?

Guess it's not that significant

There was no BB patch released to make improvements for the pro, so as far as I know, they'll run pretty much identically on both standard and pro.

Not really. When the PS3 and 360 started getting the YLOD and RROD, there were tons of montage videos showing the systems self-destructing. To this day, there only seems to be the one single video of PS4 Pros self-destructing, which makes me think the issues were blown way out of proportion, like the PS4's wobble and Bone's rattle.

Well, Cainhurst is one big Castlevania reference, so that works.

You could have just directly quoted Supernatural Horror in Literature, "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."

So in the wise words of Alfred

"Why not cooperate, and discuss the things we've learned?"

Any of you fags wanna co-op?

I played Call of Cthulhu and the protagonist did not escape once he witnessed the little girl.

I'd run some chalice dungeons with anons, but I don't pay Sony for their online service. Have some concept art of where they got the idea for the cosmic great ones, though.

I have one week of the free 14 days psn+ trial left, and I wanna make the most of it

Kos Parasite, THE WHEEL
Choir Set, Yharnam Hunter (female), Doll Set
Maria for bullying purposes.

Plain Doll, Gilbert

Always bully Maria.

I don't know why but BB feels the closest to DeS than DaS despite being so different do any of you fags feel the same way?

Poise is not a thing and is replaced by hyper armor frame, gameplay is faster and weapons and enemies are faster.

Yes, BB and DaS3 are closer to DeS than DaS.

And BB's "bonfire" is you dropping a lantern, similar to how you can warp back to the Nexus in DeS any times.

Lots of reasons, not that I feel like dumping an essay about their similarities. Mostly it's reasonably to feel that way because they aggressively marketed it as a successor to Demon's Souls.

Please do not lump that terrible game in with good games in a good series. There's a containment thread for 3.

DaS3 is the best DaS game though, considering it's the closest to DeS.

i have a chikage build that i actually went out and got like the 31% or whatever Bloodtinge gem for it. I have like 27.5% stamina gems in the other two slots. Bloodtinge benefits somewhat from physical scaling gems, but i'm not sure whether it'd be better to find *all damage* up scaling gems at some point - but i think those only go up to like 23%. It took a while to build that character, and he's well past NG+7

i think its a fun build, but its definitely over leveled at this point

Also progression of areas was a lot like DeS.

I rather play 3 then the abortion that is 2 at least 3 is what 2 should of been.

Best theme, I could be biased because this theme is boosted by the fact that ever time I hear it I laugh as I hear "NOTHING I COULD DO", "INSTANT DEATH", "WOW DOOD", "IM PRESSING BUTTONS.", "I DODGEEED" as I got to watch Ludwig mercilessy beat the ever loving shit out of DSP until he rage quit the DLC and called Fromsoft a bunch of hacks who "have no idea what they are doing."

But man the theme is good, the crescendos, that climax at the middle, the intro sort of moves like Ludwig does, its great.

Hard to pick. Whirlgig Saw If I had too.
Gascoigne Set
Ludwig
Ludwig
Micolash.

what characters ya got kid?

Holy Moonlight Sword, because all other cosmic weapons aren't as elegant.

Kirkhammer, satisfying to use, even if it wasn't as effective in the long run.

Charred Hunter Set with Bone Ash Legs

Maria, most fun I've ever had with a boss. The back and forth beat-down was exhilarating for how fast it went. Was oddly surprised when Maria stabbed my character, then flirted with her.

Bloodborne, conveys fear and dread despite having a lot of power and energy behind it (or maybe because of it?)

Young Girl for the sad sidequest. The reward for completing it was feels.

Who?

My new character a level 63 skill/bloodtinge build.
I also wanted to make some sort of arcane character but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

The dancer of the boreal valley

I wanna cuddle with Vicar Amelia

PC version, when?

Once the night ends and the hunt is finally over.

Early game and Cainhurst are probably the closes things we'll ever get to a true 3D Castlevania as well

I bought the Old Hunters edition and didn't started it yet. I would like to make a strength build but I have no idea what kind of equipment should I go for.

Also, can I do the DLC and get all their weapons and stuff before going for much of the main story?

You can get to the DLC after defeating Amelia which is the 2nd required boss in the game.

You can get to the DLC after killing Vicar Amelia. You can rush to a few weapons but don't expect to go past Ludwig on your first early game. For strength, saw cleaver for anti beast bosses, hunter axe for general pve, and kirkhammer for scaling. DLC weapons include amygdalan arm and whirligig saw.

Well, anything with good strength scaling obviously. Earliest good strength weapon you can get is the Kirkhammer.

Interesting. I also saw the beast cutter thing and find it pretty fun to watch. Is it as fun to play?

Kirkhammer is one of the coolest looking weapons in the game as well

Yep. It's one of the slowest weapons available when it's transformed but it has insane crowd control.

To be fair, most weapons are really fun to play.
The beast cutter is really strong and it has the furthest reach in the game.

I can't get too excited about a solid block of metal when THE WHEEL is available, but yeah, it's pretty neat.

Oh shit, wrong one

I see. Another question.

The only soul related game I played was Demons Soul. Is Bloodborne harder or easier than Demons Soul?

Probably easier on average. The final boss of the DLC is going to be harder than anything in Demon's Souls, but there isn't anything in the main game as punishing as reduced-health Soul form and the NG+ scaling isn't as harsh.

Imo I think that over all the difficulty in Bloodborne is closer to Demon's Souls than Dark Souls.
The stages are hard but the bosses are "easy" like in Demon's Souls. I think in Dark Souls it's the other way around, but that might just be me tho

IMHO it's much harder than DeS.
DeS has a unhinged 'FUN ALLOWED' design philosophy; split damage weapons are very strong even on builds that don't have INT/FTH investment, magic curbstomps everything, Second Chance miracle revives you with 50% HP, weapons have very low requirements and high scaling, herbs heal a lot, very quickly and you can carry literal hundreds of them and IMHO it only has one truly difficult part (Man Eaters). I know someone will point up Flamelurker but while he's a scrub stomper, I think he's very manageable for anyone with a little experience in these games and if you take a split damage weapon, he goes down very fast.
My modest two cents.

Still a great game and 3-1 is still one of the best areas in the whole series.

Latria is THE best level in the series and I'd fight anyone who doesn't think so. Although I guess to keep it on topic we should be fighting about what the best level in Bloodborne is.

Well it's certainly not byrgenwerth I can tell you that.

Is just that I started enjoying Demon's Souls when I started cheating like Anthony Butch's exwife.

My vote's on Research Hall.

Shame they didn't add a area defense covenant for that area since you can bumrush the place in a minute and it could indirectly answer the question about Rom's role.

MICOLASH DID NOTHING WRONG

The prison area is pretty GOAT tier but I'm not so sure about the rest of the levels.

I feel like Central Yarnham is probably my favorite starting area of the series at least.
I like how well interconnected it is and how much the level design loops back in on it self. It makes the area feel so much larger than it actually is and it also makes it pretty fucking easy to get lost on your first playthrough.

I like The Orphanage because of the bone chilling atmosphere with that eerie bgm makes the blood in your veins freeze solid. Fuck those brain suckers and them wolves tho

Thematically I think that The Lecture Building is a pretty cool area but it feels way to underutilized and underdeveloped so ultimately is kinda pointless.

Can't speak for the DLC tho since I've barely just started it but the Astral Clock Tower looks like a pretty cool area.

Cainhurst could've been the best area in the game but it feels way too short.

That area needed to be bigger but I guess Research Hall sated my thirst for "let's see some fucked up Church shit". Still wish we could have learned more about The Choir and Fauxsefka.

We just got the tourist route; it's why I think that area is the best candidate for a second DLC.

When an area puts you so much on edge you always bring your A-game to clear it on the first attempt.
At least that's my experience with Upper Ward and the first half of Nightmare of Mensis. No other game does that for me besides maybe American McGee's Alice.

Cainhurst should have been the Dark Souls area of the game complete with armored vampire knights roaming the halls. Why didn't the executioners kill the ones outside who turned into fleas long ago? Why arent the knights present as spirits? Why are the servants still alive?

And the second. And the next.
The problem with central yharnam is that the interconnectivity is a bit too full of itself. Even when you know the links to a certain area, it's not easy to picture how to go to said link. You have no general view of the area, you're either on the great bridge or lost in a maze of buildings that in no way looks like an actual town. If undead parish/firelink was a neat map looping on itself, central yharnam is the same map crunched into a ball. It's overdesigned is what it is. Thankfully the rest of the game doesn't really have this problem.

Just as hard as DeS then some parts of BB are harder then DeS.

Valtr and Willem are somehow still alive, people in this game don't have normal human lifespans.

Give your spiel, it's a staple in every thread.

Subjective, I had no trouble beyond the first playthrough and I don't think it's more densely interconnected than something like Undead Burg.

Well, I guess not everyone has a good sense of direction.

The knights spirits are likely trapped in the wheels that killed them in battle while the women look like they were lined up and executed by throat slitting/beheading.
I've read a theory suggesting that the place is frozen in time; like you arrive in the aftermath of the Executioner raid and that's why there's feasting Bloodlickers everywhere.
Jerks Sans Frontieres videos are top tier lorefagging

Yahar'gul takes that cake for me.

As much as I love the game's art direction, I think they went overboard on a lot of things like Yharnam being littered in weepy statues.
Oh! And there's one part on that little alley from the door guarded by a Beast-possessed Soul where a house has stones and such on top of the doorsteps, rendering it inaccessible. I remember that one because I put a applauding message on it.

I sometimes bring it up but I don't think I ever made a strong case for it but I'd say this hypothetical DLC could work on the Pthumeru-Cainhurst connections by further underlining how the blood kin of Cainhurst are their descendants but also point out that Logarius is a Pthumerian descendant (his weapons and appearance), give more lore and weapons for both Cainhurst and Executioners (more blood weapons and more clumsy blunt weapons - personally, I'd love to have a iron maiden as a weapon), maybe confirm that Bloodlickers are the beast forms of Pthumerians and the gargoyles are the beast forms of Cainhurst people, put a chalice dungeon under the castle (could be partial, like the mines in RE4), expand on the connection between Ariana, Annalise and Queen Yharnam, give more hints about the Byrgenwerth scholar that brought forbidden blood to Cainhurst and the Bloody Crow etc.
IMHO there's a good amount of stuff to work with. Personally, I don't think BB should get a sequel but I'd really like a few more areas, weapons etc. Also respec and the redemption of poison builds like what TOH did for Arcane.

Isn't that almost literally the whole game?

I think Bloodborne's only moderately more difficult than Demon's Souls. Before I started playing Dark Souls 3 a week or so ago I would've said that DeS was the easiest in the series, but I think I'm near the end of DaS3 and so far the only bosses to have given me trouble are the Dancer and sort of Dragonslayer Armour.

DeS and BB are still my favourites in the series regardless, though I think that they and the first Dark Souls are all roughly as good as eachother and which one someone likes best is largely down to personal preference.

This makes jt feel like Logarius was originally meant to be the Vileblood king but got changed in the last minute.

Emotive statues are cruise control for environmental storytelling maaaan, even though I think a lot of people miss the significance of certain statues.

Threaded Cane: cocky yet elegant.
Fell in love at the start of the first playthrough never had the same satisfatcion with other weapons.
Also the Evelin

Henryk, Yahar'gul, Gascoigne

Ludwig, Maria, Cleric Beast

Ludwig's: The feeling of getting torn apart with Monlight Sword's cosmic power during the second part of the theme is something i've never felt in a videogame

Alfred, nice guy in Oedon Chapel, Micolash (don't know if he counts as a NPC)

fuck, i want to play it again

It got a PS3 release as well. Are you stupid?

if you're gonna phoenix post, at least be Wright about what you're arguing against, or present a solid argument, if nothing else. Don't just be a fag going "le objection xD"

Is that supposed to be a cool character or something.
Am I supposed to think he looks like the MC of P5? He doesn't.

Sucks having scruples.

What level should you be where to get the best chances to find other players?

I think most people stop at Lv120. It's what I did and I get summoned a lot (for some bosses, it's borderline full time job).

Lady Maria, even if i can just go back and stunlock/parry her to death now she fills that trope i like so much where you fight some one the same size as you after fighting mostly giants

the backdrop and music of it make it even more exciting for me

I'm 69 and I can't find anyone for Ebrietas, but maybe that's not a boss people co-op on?

Where did the Maria bullying thing come from?

I only fought her once so it's a complete guess, but she starts off quite intimidating with her fuckhuge range and charged moves, but once you figure you should stick to her buttocks at all times to negate half her moveset and that she is easy to stunlock, it almost trivalizes her.

No bully the Blackquill

That's odd. During NG I stop at Lv70 and Ebby-chan is a full time job co-op boss. Seriously, takes seconds to get called.
Then again, when I'm in NG+ at Lv90 for The One Reborn or Rom, I get often called for people still at NG.

I can't tell if Orphan of Kos is a great boss or just fucking annoying. His health pool is gigantic, his attacks feel a little random with sometimes odd ranges (that yo-yo attack is gay as hell) and when he goes to second form it's just the first again but the bullshit is cranked.

I had tons of fun getting my balls crushed by Ludwig and finally figuring him out, but the Orphan is really trying my patience. I feel like the HP pools on the bosses in the DLC are kinda crazy in general though.

I'm taking ages to get summoned for the Ludwig fight in the DLC as well.
I guess it's just a slow weekday then

The Orphan's health pool is just really incongruous with his size. I'm fine with something as huge as the Cleric Beast having a big health pool as opposed so the similar fights with Vanguard or the Asylum Demon which were over in seconds, and fine with humanoids like Gascoigne and Maria having smaller health pools, but the Orphan inverts the whole thing.

His attack pattern is fine, the two phases are fine, I like the thematic idea behind the boss a lot (and the VERY SUBTLE visual metaphor of the butterfly wings), honestly I think if they halved its health pool it would still be a fine fight and people wouldn't think poorly of the fight at all. You can undermine what's obviously supposed to be a narrative moment by having to retry it several times in a row.

*as opposed to

I get that you're trying to design a fight that people can't just blast through in thirty seconds but come on, there must have been a middle ground somewhere instead of just giving this scrawny guy with an annoying scream ~20k HP.

I can't imagine what he'd be like NG+

Webm related

Never played bloodborne because I refuse to pay $400+ to receive disks, DLC, a box, and ONLINE MULTIPLAYER,
but I'll bite because I've looked into the game. If they ever release it on PC I'll play. I suppose I'd do it if I somehow got a PS4 for free, buying a controller, disks, all that would be fine, since the largest cost is out of the way.

Brocolli 100% (Kos Parasite)
Dunno, something that would go with brocolli.
Gascoine looked rather fun, despite obvious tombstone exploits.
Hunter's Dream/area with all the trees, very peaceful, and provides a nice contrast to the world.
Don't know a lot of them, but
CONNIPTIONS
comes to mind.

I'm more likely to play DS 3, though, once the GOTY comes out. (You know they will.)

when you skip through her dialogue she says "well what is it"

It's tough. Toughest time I every personally had with Orphan was NG+ using THE WHEEL. Probably the easiest time was using the pizza cutter.

Oh fuck, I forgot the
WHEEL MASTER RACE WEAPON GLORIOUS WHEEL
I would also use this.

After like 8 tries had his first phase completely down, but couldn't figure out his second phase at all. So I just went to ailing loran, leveled to 115, and still got him on a desperate last attack. It was heart-pumping then, but basically it took too much for him to get to what a souls boss is normally like. I agree with you in that the problem lies in the health, his aggression is fucking psychotic but it's almost a trance to play against, it's just frustrating it takes so long.

theres a good video about cainhurst lore. its really long and goes into detail. to answer that question its that the storming of the castle didnt take place very long ago since its frozen in time. i'll post the video if i find it.

Bloodborne has improved pathfinding AI compared to the previous games so you don't get as much space from Gascoigne as you might expect, just enough to get in a heal, and in his second form he plows right through the tombstones, they're destructible. GREAT fight.

I'd say the biggest problem with the Orphan are his defenses. Like Laurence, anything but pure physical is going to have to pecker him to death with STR builds having the easiest time
I remember taking hours to beat him with my SKL build and then walk all over him with the STR build (and pizza cutter is THAT good).
With Arcane, there's no point in using the Moonlight sword's transformed mode; I have tempered gems to swap in just for those goddamned fights.

This one?

no, theres a shorter one that is only about cainhurst. i dont think its part of a series

Huh, I only know about the tombstones because I saw somebody get him stuck on them once. I did notice the pathfinding though.

It's a real shame it isn't on PC because (((sony))) is stingy.
I also really liked the theme of the blood-mace. The trick weapons were one of the best parts of bloodborne from a mechanics perspective, in addition to NO GAMES EVER SEEM TO DO THIS SHIT PROPERLY actually having handmade levels and also an area for generated levels.

Maybe if enough people plague sony for a port they'll put out, I would pay money for it. More likely to happen when they try to release the PS5 or something.

miyazaki said that rom's design is kawaii.

this video's good though. covers everything the one i saw covered so far.

Hawkwood is from Dark Souls Three, M8

Daily reminder that the Japanese name is "Rom, the Retarded Spider".

It's a really good series with a lot of insightful commentary, no pun intended. His DaS3 videos are good too.
Besides going over Lovecraft's works, he also looks through things from the perspective of Japanese culture which adds a lot of sense to it.

Oh, right. I keep getting parts of the two confused.

I'll go with the Doll, or also Crow Lady.

for fuckin' real?

Am I the only one that think that Blooddregs look inconspicuously alot like sperms?

Perhaps it's the inside of his head that's vacuous.

i kinda assumed that since its a rock…

Barring the fact that I didn't manage to spot the tell for the grab which is my fault, who the fuck thought giving a poison AoE boss a grab was a good idea, and why are his entrails not delivered to my address yet ?

Yeah, the closest translation of what they use instead of Vacuous is "stupid" or essentially retarded. Another in a line of useful idiots helping along the events of the game.

I haven't watched the entire series since it's way too fucking long to get invested in but yeah, from what little I've seen of it he understands the lore of the game really well, works with the given information instead of injecting headcanon.

Who thought getting within grab range of a boss with a poison AoE was a good idea?

Isn't Rom actively suppressing the mensis ritual?

*Hence when you kill her the ritual progresses

Was coming here to post this. Chuck's streams are pure game kino.

Doubtful. The text after the fight says "the ritual secret is broken", and there's other notes that say the Byrgenwerth spider is keeping Willem there, it's not likely that it's playing a positive role in the game.

im sure theres a 3 hour lore video you can watch where some autistic guy explains the ritual and roms roll in it.

I've heard a lot of lore theories about Rom and I wouldn't say any of them are totally consistent with the information in the game

Is that a pillbug pun?

The Japanese text uses the word "akuchi" which means "stupid" or "retarded".

Annalise's objective is to conceive a child.
I'm not sure if it's JSF or Redgrave that elaborate on that but, basically, she needs a very high concentration of impurity in her blood to get Oedon to knock her up.

I admit I binge watched the whole thing. IMHO anyone with a interest in the game's whole should give the series a watch.

oh thats just because you watched the wrong guy. you gotta watch the right guy.

;)

There's is a note early in the game that reads something like "the Bergenwerth spider hides all manners of rituals" and it's kinda hard to see how you're supposed to interpret this.
In one way it could mean that she's simply withholding information from the scholars. Another way to read this is that she's literally hiding the ritual so that it can't be seen by prying eyes, so practically she's just casting a giant illusion spell over yarnham a la Gwyndolin I don't like that's it's waaay too similar to what's going on in Dark Souls tho

It makes sense and I think it's on purpose that they look like sperms.
But I haven't seen or heard anyone pointing it out.

I'm going to give you some slack and assume you just shitposted without thinking, because that's a supremely retarded post.

Well yeah, that's the more likely explanation, not that Rom is willfully and knowingly doing something good. The only piece of evidence that Rom would be actively working against the ritual is that Willem is being guarded by a member of the Choir and there's an ongoing dispute between the Choir and the School of Mensis.

Hey now, the pale moon illusion and the reveal of the blood moon is way fucking cooler than the illusion of the sun in Anor Londo. That illusion is specific to that one level, the blood moon's visibility is well-calculated through the whole map. It's visible from stages which are closer to the center of the map and the location of the ritual and not visible in stages which are further away.

What happened to her pants

PC port pls

Ditto

just pirate a ps4. its not that difficult.

charles has to use drugs
he is near despondent in every video

NEVER EVER

Just go get a PS Now account.

But in that case, wouldn't hiding the mensis ritual and by proxy helping the School of Mensis to beckon the blood moon be something bad?

Exactly. It's almost like the lore in this game isn't as well thought out as one would like to think, but hey, It's still fun to discuss and speculate

I just think it's stupid that it's just the same idea recycled. I'd like to think that there is more to it at least.

You've got to be joking.

It's not unquestionable but I'd still hold to the belief that it's as consistent as the previous games if not more so. They talked a lot in pre-release interviews about deliberately giving more story details because they wanted people to figure out the mystery at the heart of the game.

Is Bloodborne even on PS Now?

Be a good goy and give us money.
You know you want to play it on PC this badly.

Something the game certainly would've have benefited from is having boss souls. They are very useful tidbits of information that gives you a much better idea of who or what you're fighting and it's also just general more lore to flesh out the world.
They could've just renamed them Boss Blood or something.

Or heart, funny that a game where every other word is blood barely mentions the organ that keeps it flowing.

I'm not sure; I saw PAY FOR ONLINE SERVICE THAT SHOULD BE FREE and closed the tab.

Two reasons I want it on PC
a) Very difficult to charge extra for online service, unless it's an MMO.
b) I'm not buying console DRM.

Eventually we WILL get a PS4 crack and I will play bloodborne for free, if Sony is negligent enough to not release it on PC.

But they do mention wombs alot tho

"Echo of [whoever]" and the more you reflect on how this could have worked the more angry you should be that they didn't do this. First of all it makes perfect sense because in the original japanese when they say "blood echoes" they're talking about the memory of that person and it would be perfect to look into their memory for a description of who they were.

Personally I think boss echoes should have been the final upgrade material for +10 weapons instead of Blood Rocks, or alongside Blood Rocks. Echo of Gehrman would make Burial Blade +10, Echo of Amygdala would make Amygdalan Arm +10, Echo of the Orphan would make Kos Parasite +10

To be fair, you don't get within grab range. The grab range gets all up your Hunter ass.
Like most enemies in the series with grab attacks, it has magnets for hands and, in the particular case of the BSB, the grab animation is very odd looking.

It seems to be a localized phenomenon. You go to Paarl's boss room/Old Yharnam and it's the regular night sky.

Nope. Got no support, despite being the same engine as DS3.

Yep, that's the idea, it isn't visible from the Forbidden Woods or Cainhurst either, and in the Yahar'gul skybox it's in front of a layer of clouds. The moon's literally getting closer to the town and it's only seen as red in the places it's closest to.

Or they just didn't feel like remaking the skybox for every area outside of Cathedral Ward and Central Yarnham

Considering they made four separate skyboxes for Central Yharnam I doubt that they'd do something that lazy when it wouldn't take that much work to reuse textures and lighting effects in the areas that don't see the blood moon.

Who /playedthroughTheOldHuntersforthefirsttimeonNG+/ here

no, but I did have to do the DaS3 dlcs on ng++ blind

DELETE ARIANDEL
DELETE MIDIR
DELETE GAEL

Seems like it considering that the sky doesn't change in the areas that you aren't likely or at least aren't supposed to return to.

Did it on NG++. 4 hours of the Orphan's autistic screenching will make you want to Van Gogh both your ears.
Also this

Damn, JSFs videos are actually pretty good, even if they tend to get a bit drawn out.
They are definitely better than most "lore" videos that I've come across.

JSF is alright, but stay the hell away from Aegon of Astora. He's a fucking self proclaimed SJW.

Whirligig Saw

Gold ardeo + butcher set

The One Reborn

Ludwig's second phase

Eillen

I like to mix n match.
Brador chest+Gascoin hat+Charred legs+Maria boots

Saif + Hunter Axe

Abberant beast (blue beast that you meet in Lower Loran twice)

Moonlit lullaby

Ludwig

This game badly needs a new dlc . There is do much that needs improvement that can turn it from GOTY to GOTYAYEY.

Needs a place to circumvent gemfarming from chalice dungeons. Like a dlc area where nornal mobs drop highlevel gems or possibly a merchant.

A respec ability maybe one or twice

More build vareity . So far we have Str/Skl Str/Arc Skl/Blood at BL 120 kinda stale. More trick weapons like a twinblade, bone fist, maybe an actual shield and deffo an Arc/Blood weapon, more hunter tools (hell just rip a few from ds3)

Create an actual pvp arena like in ds3

And for ffs evelyn spam. Its retarded how its used a de facto primary in pvp.

People credit Manga Berserk alone for being reason why Bloodborne's aesthetics are so good being gorish, dark, they don't even realise where the ideas for weapons came from.

Sauce?

green world

Can someone recommend me any fun builds/characters to make for later playthroughs?

My current character is some sort of skill and bloodtinge hybrid, but I don't feel like I get much use of my bloodtinge since I end up just using the caned whip for everything.
The original idea for it is something I had way before I actually got Bloodborne and that was to make a sort of gunlsinger character with the Evelyn and Reiterpallasch. I'm not sure how viable such a build even is now tho.
Also I'm considering to go and get the Chikage just to get at least some mileage out of my bloodtinge.

Stand back, this goy is about to go critical!

Go get the fucking Chikage, it's a lot of fun.

Pure ranged is more viable than you'd think. I haven't personally used the Reiterpallasch but I can say that with Simon's Bowblade, pure ranged play isn't just viable, it's OP. All you have to do is keep resupplying yourself with blood bullets.

For NG+ I'd personally recommend trying out the Burial Blade since that's the only time it can be used. Same goes for Beast's Embrace / Beast Claw and Milkweed / Kos Parasite, you'll really only be using them on NG+.

JSF points out that the Orphan of Kos is heavily influenced by Junji Ito's work (around the 20m mark).

For your build there's the Chikage, Reiterpallasch, Rifle Spear and Simon's Bow Blade.
If you're up for another build, try ARC-STR (around 50-30) for the Moonlight Holy Sword (best in the series), Kos Parasite and the Wheel (though not optimized; you'll need to rely more on the life draining tricked form since your stats are more ARC than STR).

I'm still a bit reluctant towards getting it tho, since the original intention of my character was to be a gunslinger.
If I'd use the Chikage I would much rather make a new kinda Vileblood/Maria character for it.

How exactly?

That is everything that scales with bloodtinge besides off-hands?

Yeah I thought that making some sort of Cleric/paladin/church hunter would be a neat character to make.

I thought that the soft cap for scaling was 25?
If that's not the case then how much is it worth pumping skill and bloodtinge on my current build?

But have you considered Samurai Gunslinger?

It's everything that scales with both SKL and BT.
There's one weapon that scales with STR and BT - the Bloodletter. It's fantastic but you have to make a build pretty much centered around it.

Not sure about STR but ARC has almost no diminishing returns; it's perfectly viable to literally go full arcane like having a 99 ARC Space Broccoli.

I guess we Nioh now

With a highly upgraded firearm, any boss with a large weakpoint (Amygdala, Ebrietas, Cleric Beast, Ludwig) and even ones you wouldn't expect to have one, like the Abhorrent Beast, can be easily crippled from a safe distance. There are also tons of sniper spots in the levels where you can take out mobs from range, and there isn't really any harsh resource management since you can get back the health for blood bullets by rallying. Simon's Bowblade even has a charged R2 that makes the shot deal about 1.5x damage still for the cost of a single bullet.

Well, Maria didn't use bloodtinge when she was alive, she used the Rakuyo.

Alright, so how exactly does parrying and weakpoints work on bosses and other large enemies? This is something I still haven't really figured out yet.
Also does upgrading your firearms make parrying easier or does it allow you to parry heavier attacks or something?

What weapons besides Simon's Bowblade would be sufficiently powerful to snipe with?

Well, She was still a Vileblood so I think it fits. If I would make a Vileblood version of my saved character preset she would end up looking alot like Maria either way.

Most body parts of large bosses can crippled individually, you can almost always cripple the head and sometimes a few other things (both of the Cleric Beast's arms, Amelia's arms and legs, all of the Amygdala's arms, all four of the Watchdog's legs). If certain parts become crippled it briefly opens the boss up to a visceral attack and the crippled limb will also take more damage than usual until the boss heals it.

Upgrading your firearms makes them deal more damage and there's a certain threshold of damage to cripple something, so it just makes it happen faster.

Dunno, I know Evelyn and the Repeating Pistol both work, I would imagine that the Reiterpallasch would work too. You can use the Monocular as a crosshair to shoot from a distance, not as much of a distance as you can in Souls but further than the regular lock-on distance.

I know for a fact that you can interrupt most combos with the default pistol animation, even if you're getting your ass kicked. As long as you're not stunlocked…wew boy

With your weapon.

Never mind, I actually beat them right after I made that post.
Fuck me tho, I'd consider those two church bitches harder than Ludwig himself.

Neigh.

OMAE WA MOU KOS… KOSM!

Any kind user wants to help me finish the Astral Clock Tower in the dlc?

Is there a complete version of BB yet?

Yeah, its called Dark Souls 3

did (((ps4 pro))) significantly improve the performance or would i be better off playing it on a standard with an ssd?

Read the thread

I've been waiting for almost 50 minutes now and only found one summon

Something that's been bugging me for a while - just my impression or the Abhorrent Beast grows physically larger as the fight progresses?
I could swear that every time it roars it gets bigger.

Also, very underrated boss. Feels like a return of Flamelurker and you get to listen to the Darkbeast theme in a actually enjoyable fight instead of Camerabeast Paarl.

Fuck, this thread is making me want to finish Platting this game.

I had just finished killing the Yharnam Queen after trekking through Chalice Dungeon hell to get to her. But then others games came out, and others games got interesting and I started playing them.

I have to do really monotonous trophies now, like "get all runes" and "get all weapons" go here and fetch bullshit.
There is supposedly a PS4 theme you get when you plat the game and I kind of want it, it would officially make my PS4 what it is, a Bloodborne Machine.

He does get bigger, I think. Seemed that way to me when fighting him. I agree that he's an underrated boss, it feels really good when you get the rhythm of his attacks down and are able to consistently dodge through his punches. I also think his/Darkbeast's theme is pretty underrated too.

It's a pretty decent fight, it was probably going to be a full-fledged boss at one point and ended up getting cut and reused the way it is now. It would explain how little sense the fight makes in context, anyway.

I can't call the Platinum requirements for BB monotonous after giving up on Platting Demon's Souls. I will not farm for pure upgrade stones over and over and over again.

I have to say, Living Failures is by far the worst fight in the series.
Literally one hit left I get one-shot out of nowhere

it's another example of the HP padded DLC bosses. The fight goes on for too long for what it is. There's really very little challenge beyond, do a few attacks, don't get greedy, run to the one side when the magic meteor shower starts, and don't get greedy.

Living Failures and Celestial Emissary shouldn't have been bosses at all, they should have just been unique mobs that you only fight once before getting the lantern before the next boss fight. That said, step up nigga, they're the easiest fight in the DLC, don't make excuses.

Not even close.

Living Failures are a apology for the Ayyy Squad in the vanilla version and feel like Four Kings but this time you don't have a lit fuse in your ass.
Also, their theme is fantastic. The part when they first open the portal to space as the music's second movement kicks in is IMO one of the best moments in the game.

The watchdog fight in the Chalice dungeon that fucks your health, was by far the hardest thing in a Souls game.
I know you can make short work of the Chalice dungeons if you have the best blood gems in your weapon, but without them going through that shit is hell.

It's like Rom, but somehow even worse.

I didn't say that they were the hardest fight, I said they are the worst fight.
As in they are the least fun most annoying drawn out fight ever.

The Four Kings fight is so much better over all, you don't get swarmed as easily and there's barely any kiting that you have to do. It's still manageable even if you have to fight two at once. Even if you were a real shitter you could still easily brute force that fight with the heaviest armor in the game

This.
I don't find Rom nearly as annoying as this fight.

does anyone have a link to the art books for BB, DeS, and DS1+2+3?

at least Rom was over quickly, but yeah, the comparisons are pretty apt. Not to mention his area was wicked, the living failures were just a boring blobs in a shitty garden

You know the kin are weak to bolt paper, right? If the whole thing is taking you longer than 40 seconds you're doing something wrong.

Not really, since Rom is Phalanx 2

For me, what pisses me off about the watchdog is the bullshit attack string delays. You bait the bite attack and the asshole keeps his head in place for ages and you think it's safe to take a swing - NOPE!

Rom feels like pure RNG from meteors either missing by a large margin or all going to your exact position and the spiders that just walk around or viciously gang up on you at the worst possible times (usually getting a OHKO).

It's a DPS race, some of their attacks are very dubious to dodge and sometimes one of those cunts they spams magic nukes over and over until another the other forgets what "one at time" means and decides to take a pot shot at you. The Failures might have their share of cheap shit but it never got that absurd.
Then again I hate those cunts so my opinion is biased.

I've never had much of a problem with the fight outside of really, really poor audio cues on the children of Rom, but that fight with him in the chalices gets my vote for the most bullshit fight in the game. It's like they just dropped them in a new arena without any consideration of how the new space would affect their AI, the children can attack you THROUGH Rom and they're impossible to see in the darkness.

Goy as fuck, is 5 FPS worth $200 to you?

I can find people for Ludwig but not for Maria?
I thought that Maria would be a bigger co-op boss than Ludwig at least

i hurt.

Blood Starved Beast is only trouble in the Lower Loran. The arena is small, he hits like a tank and you have no pillars to hide around. Riposte's and Pungent Cocktails are a great tactic to killing him because you can aim his attacks into the wall while you damage him from behind.

The Living Failures was a success in terms of a gank squad boss, an endurance run that you have to constantly watch your back. Clumped together they're extremely dangerous but isolating them tactically swings the odds in your favour. From a mechanical standpoint I don't know if you could improve this formula. I know you mentioned The Four Kings being similar to The Living Failures but in all fairness The Four Kings don't behave like a gank squad. If you're up close next to one of the Four Kings the others stay away and don't attack.

Is the Rakuyo a good weapon worth investing in?

Maybe because she's the easiest of all bosses in the game plus Ludwig is the best boss of them all. I feel like multiplayer makes it worse for that Maria if you're aiming for a certain cheese.

If you've a Skill build - definitely. Really fun weapon.

Finally gotten to the Orphan of Kos.
God help us all.

I've got 25/25 Skill and Bloodtinge going on right now and I'm not sure if I should still raise them evenly or commit to one of them.
The Rakuyo looks cool af and I was thinking of going with it and having Simon's Bowblade as backup, or maybe keep it the other way around.

Other way around is better, your points in BLT will be wasted if you main the Rakuyo

Rakuyo is pure Skill. The Chicago and Simon's are better for your stat investment. You can still use it of course; not everyone has to be obsessed with getting the most mileage out of a weapon.

I really wish the game had respec. Even if the thing cost bloody 99 Insight; I just want to "fix" a couple of my builds.

Well finished up platting the game.
It was way easier that I thought it was going to be as I had most of the items already.
Yharnam Sunrise was my last trophy, because I could never bring myself to just "give up" at the end of the game.

Now I am finishing up the Old Hunter trophies. Its pretty funny how this game is kind of like riding a bicycle. First round with Ludwig I got absolutely shit rekt in under a minute. But in the second fight I gave it some space and time and everything came back to me and I killed him near flawlessly, the the exception of getting hit by that bullshit ceiling attack.

I have to get the Bloodletter and Piercing Rifle and the first seems like a pain in the ass to get.

Also the fight with Ludwig is still hype as fuck. Might be one of my favorites in all of Soulsborne.

I've got Simon's Bowblade up to +9 now.
It's going to be really weird to switch to a completely new weapon after having played through almost the whole game with the Caned Whip and Reiterpallash.
Also, is there any good place to farm Blood Chunks in NG?

I've always thought that Ludwigs 2nd phase was much easier than his first phase. Basically it feels like if you can get him to his 2nd phase it's almost a guaranteed victory.

Can't say there is outside the chalices. The corpse wolves in Yahar'gul and the blue-eyed werewolves in the Upper Ward drop Chunks but it's a rare drop and they're fuckin' rabid.
The Happy Dream Merchants sell it for 20 Insight a piece.

A fellow Skill/Bloodtinge build?
For me, I just used the Raifu Spear until I got to Cainhurst. Then you should definitely pick up the Chikage. The Bloodletter is good, but as stated before it's more of a strength/bloodtinge.
The Reiterpallasch and Simon's Bowblade are also fun to play around with.

Are they Farming-Dark-Wraiths-for-Titenite-Slabs rare?

Yeah no, fuck that. What would they 20 of my precious insights for?

It's a bit late to invest in the Chikage now. This weapon seems really popular and I keep being recommended. Is it really that fun/good?
I have another character in mind that I plan to main the Chikage with anyway, but can you power it with Bloodtinge alone?

The Chikage is one of the few weapons with straight Bloodtinge scaling. Now, understand that Bloodtinge effects the amount of damage felt by the transformed mode. The plain mode scales off of skill. At about level 120 with 40/40 skill/Bloodtinge split, the Chikage is a beast. There is a reason most consider it and the Blades of Mercy to be the final stop for Skill builds. My last play through was Chikage + Evelyn as a sort of Queen's Guard Vileblood build. It was probably the most fun I had since my first playthrough as a pure strength build.

Wouldn't the Bowblade be pretty good with 40/40 as well? I guess I could always invest in the Chikage for NG+ either way

The build I had in mind would also be some sort of Vileblood character, but I'm planning to go Bloodtinge/Arcane with the Chikage as my main weapon Is that actually viable? Some of the hunter tools seems fun to play around with so this seems like a interesting build to do just that. I guess the build would be like The Crow of Cainhurst or something but with more huntertools than just Old Hunter's Bone.

I agree, his first phase still absolutely pushes my shit in but I've never had any difficulty with his second phase. I went out of my way to play Ludwig over and over in co-op for the second phase regardless, though, almost purely because of the music. The track's really good on its own, but when you're dodging giant laser beams to the tune of that shit it really becomes something else.

Ludwig reminds me of a minor complaint I have about DaS3, which is that the mid-boss cutscenes to transition between phases feel a bit overused. It was cool with Ludwig because he was the only instance of it in the whole game, which made it feel very impactful and it denoted his transition from a mindless beast into himself again. It felt kind of unnecessary by comparison most of the time in DaS3, I think.

I'd say they're more like Farming-Silver-Knights-for-ears rare. That's worse.

I did a 30 SKL / 50 BT for my build (likewise, a 30 STR / 50 ARC). Probably not optimal but I farmed for 27% Tempered gems like a autist hopped up on tendies.
My STR/BT hunter is 40/40 though. Bloodletter is really good in both forms.

ARC has a problem where half-assed commitment doesn't work for it; it's why I want to fix my SKL and STR builds because the ARC investment was wasted; it didn't boost Burial Blade and BoM all that much and the Wheel's tricked form doesn't get much either.
Just invest for the tools you want to use but don't expect them to be damage dealers; per instances, if you want to use the Executioner's Boner, it will be more of a pressure tool (especially in PvP).

If we had a Cainhurst DLC, there could have been a weapon for a dedicated BT-ARC build. Just sayin'.

Was about to make a blood borne thread but as it turns out there's already this thing, so may as well bump with ideas
So would it be possible to mod dark souls to make it so that NG+ brought a harder enemy system? I had an idea where at NG+ each enemy would become the next highest enemy in their own zone. So the regular undead would become undead warriors, warriors into soldiers, soldiers into baulder knights, baulder knights into the steel knights, and steel knights into black knights maybe. Or maybe that's fine as being the stopping point, so at NG+7 all the enemies in the first zone would be steel knights. Later on down the line it does get trickier because all of the enemies are pretty specific and wouldn't fit in if they were the harder enemies in the zone, but this is a start at least.
Wheel followed by Circular Saw, however on an arcane build hunter torch became a quick friend
I think the executioner set is really great, and the legs and arms really do work on most things, but picking an absolute favorite is a task. It really depends on the character which clothes you put on
Martyr Logarius is fun to go back to, even though his arena fucks with the blunderbuss and makes it so you can't stun him effectively. Maybe I'm just remembering the joys of killing him at a low level of 30 for the wheel, but who knows?
None of them really pop out further on in the game, Gascqwang's theme is really great but honestly that's not fair because I fought him the most often, since it's easiest to ring the bell near the front of the game.
Praise the good blood. Alfred was a true brother, it's a shame he offs himself, but it's better than being a beast I guess.

The over under on being summoned is like 50 levels, but yeah I also have problems getting summoned for her.

for maximum fun
basically play like you're a mad german scientist doing all the scummiest occult buggery. Put points in health, strength, and endurance, but not more than arcane.

I can get him to the second phase but still it's hard to keep up with 25 vit
Speaking of I'm willing to help people if someone will help me, if you guys want to round up all of us to help each other that'd be pretty fun mode time. Then we can all get Kosm in our hands and run around as squid gods.

That'd be a pretty hard feat. This thread isn't really that active and it seems like I'm the only one in here currently on a playthrough through the game. I tried earlier in this thread to find someone to co-op with and it didn't work .
I'd be down for a few Orphan on Kos attempts before I go to bed at least.

Password will be Kosm

Lighthouse hut?

I would help, but my Internet is as slow as a dead snail as a result of living in the middle of Nowhere.

Yes, I'll be the broccoli nazi

Lag can actually work in your favour when helping others with bosses

no…

fuckin weeb

Thanks for the laughs, m8s

WE ARENT DONE YET
GET BACK IN HERE FAGGOT

God dammit it was so lucky that didn't happen for the first run

Welp that's it for me. Shame we didn't actually get him on that run. At least we can reliably get him down now, so let's hope we can actually kill that faggot tomorrow. Also let us pray that some more anons join us then.

And with that, I'm off.

man that's some shit.

good gzm

Anyone up for some Bastard Child of Kos fights?

I'll keep checking back for any responses
PW:Kosm

I need to do sunday things first but I'll be back to help.

It's like pottery

Cleric beast is pretty much known as the noob killer. And Maria is really easy to predict for a bullet in the face.

You're free to participate

So what are some weapons that are good for Skill ?
So far I have found two that are solid skill only scaling the Rayuko and the Beasthunter Saif. Both of which I love by the way. The saif is such a good weapon, I think it might be some of the best dps in the game in its smaller form, you can swing that shit for days. Threaded Cane is also quite good for skill.

Right now I have a few others but they scale with Arcane as well ? Such as the Blade of Mercy and Burial Blade.
If anyone has experience with the latter two tell me if they will benefit from just going pure physical damage with Skill investment only.

Being a fucking pussy is good with skill

The more important question is: Are you anywhere near Orphan of Kos?

Pretty much all the ones you've mentioned. You can also fiddle around with the Church Pick as that's mostly a SKL weapon.

BoM is the main weapon of my SKL build; it's pretty viable with only physical damage or, rather, the ARC damage is negligible. So, if you're hunting for gems, go for Tempered instead of Nourishing.

I don't want to end up in a nightmare I can't escape from and have my ancestors and my ancestors ancestors cursed forever more.

My skill character is up to the Orphan though, BL 95 or 100 cant remember

Get in here faggot. Every time we mess up there's a scrap too, real spartans we are.

Nice.
PW is Kosm

Do you get loot by helping others?

I didn't even unpackaged my game yet

Tonnes of Blood Echoes and Insight.
Or do you mean enemy drops? If so, yeah enemies will drop items for you as well when you co-op.

Do everyone get a drop of weapons and armors? or are you stealing the host?

Nah, summons usually just get Blood Vials and Ammunition

What other exclusives are worth getting on the Bloodborne4 so I can justify buying this fucking stupid peasantbox?

Ah, shame.

I wanted to parasite some host with a low level hunter.

You can't get weapon drops from enemies co-op, just vials and bullets

If you still need help I can hop in too.

Please do

I can help you instead, I'll ring a bell near the second lantern on the first tombstone later today and I can help you demolish areas with my broccoli nazi

We're ringing at the lighthouse hut lamp

Ok. Which NG cycle is this

NG

just pirate a ps4 from your local walmart dude

YES! HE'S FINALLY DEAD!

*thanks anons

how downlod bideogaems consul?

Go to walmart, buy it, carefully remove packaging, fill box with rocks of similar weight, return it

I'm too moralfag to do that.

Gundam
Everything else is either trash or getting a PC port.

I really hope this is a fake.

Is Nioh any good?

For upcoming games I guess:

Wipeout Omega
God of War
Hellbade: Senua's Sacrifice
TLoU2
FF7 (If you're in to battle-by-menu still)

From is working on 3 games, one is Code Vein, another is probably Armored Core, not sure about the third.

Nioh and Yakuza 0 are really good. I've heard good things about P5, but I haven't had the chance to play it myself

Code Vein is by Namco; folks who did God Eater if I'm not mistaken.

Gotta admit, there isn't much on the horizon that tickles my fancy. There's Yakuza Kiwami and that's about it. Then again, it's for the best - got Yakuza 0, Gravity Rush 2, NieR Automata and Persona 5 all very close to each other, barely got time to fully delve into them before hopping on to the next.

Is Phil just not using the "rally" heal at all? Isn't that at core or BB's combat system?
That would be like playing Nioh and never ki pulsing or switching stances.

Every single Berserk spin-off except for the OG unfinished anime has kinda sucked. The new game looks repetitive as fuck.

Though if there is rape horse DLC where you can use your horse cock in place of a sword it might be worth it.

Why do you hope it's fake?
I hope it's real.
I want more Bloodborne.
Fuck you and fuck anyone who thinks like you.
Tired of this bullshit.

I'm holding out until they put skull knight as a playable character

But what if it's just Dark Souls 2: 2?

But what if it's shit, m80

Better not want anything, ever, in case it's a disappointment

I kind of hope it's both fake and not fake at the same time. I'd like to have another Bloodborne type game from From but I'd really rather not have a sequel. At least not a direct sequel anyway.

I guess it doesn't matter because we'll still have BB, but I just don't want it to be shite.

Problem is if this hypothetical BB2 shits all over what was established in BB like how DaS3 shits all over the world building/lore set by DaS1. For all its flaws, at least DaS2 was mostly its own thing.

What did DaS3 shit on?

If it ruins everything you can just disregard it.
DaS3 didn't shit on the lore much in my opinion. Seemed like a reasonable enough extension of the idea that time is breaking apart and everything is collapsing upon itself.

the entire plot of ds1 basically.

How so? I'm not a lorefag, but the world of DaS doesn't seem to favor a strong, single narrative (the whole multiple realities and being generally vague).

Pygmy lords instead of manus, there's a shorter supply of humanity apparently, even though the problem of DS1 was there was way too much humanity in the world and the abyss was a problem that never stopped being a problem, the dragons were not all extinguished and there were more dragons than seath of the side of the lords for some reason, etc

The Ornstein you fought was an illusion, the real left to join Gwyn's firstborn and become a dragon.
Gwyn has a bunch more kids, including a crossbreed (that may be adopted).
The "furtive pygmy" has a Anor Londo scale city, fought in the dragon wars and has Gwyn's favorite daughter as a hostage.
Somehow, a ancient dragon, swore allegiance to the gods.
Gwyn's firstborn is now the head/founder of two covenants - Sunbros and Dragonkin.
Artorias fanboys are rather pointless; he saved Dusk but didn't stop the abyssal contamination of Oolacile.
The game can't make up its mind about what Hollowing truly entails.
Most of it just feels like a shitty fanfic. What makes it worse is that some of its original ideas are really good (Sulyvahn, Aldrich and the Age of Deep and Londor) but are underveloped because pandering to DaS1 nostalgia was more important.