If you renamed Mega Man & Roll...

If you renamed Mega Man & Roll, and gave MM a different color scheme MML would basically have no relation to Mega Man at all.
The gameplay, character design, and the game world are nothing like the others.
Even the fucking battle network games still have a tiny bit of the classic in them, but MML has nothing other than Mega Man himself and Roll's name.
They could have just made it its own original franchise with no attachment to MM, another franchise to add to Capcom's library, but instead they just made it another hanger-on to the Mega Man name.

You jump and shoot in 2D
You jump and shoot in 3D and its not trash like MMX7

Well, MML does have some clever tangential connexions to the the other Mega Man series. For example: there's a museum where a painting is hung that shows a knight clad in blue armor fighting a dragon which is a reference to a famous section from Mega Man 2.

No, it's MegaMan Juno in that tapestry, not a dragon. It foreshadows the battle you'll have at the end.

The better connections are finding Z-Sabres and X-Busters to give to Roll for new weapons.

They did that already and it's called E.X. Troopers.

Megaman Legends is the ending of the megaman series. It shows that humans and robots are never able to get along and humans go extinct in the end.

Arent they alive though?
Megaman autists assemble!

First screenshot still looks good to this day.

I gotta play that, why didnt they localize it?

Huh? I wish I had a screenshot of that tapestry. I distinctly remember there being a dragon.

It's a prerendered background that probably doesn't scale well.

Humans essentially died off living on artificial moons built like paradises. Almost everyone you see in the Legends game is a cyborg race, which are mostly carbon life forms that are easily moddable and adaptable to robotic attachments. It's considered normal enough since they don't know any other sort of life.

Isnt dr light alive or some shit too? I know that there is that dr wiley looking fag around.

But they did get along. It got to the point where humans and reploids were near impossible to distinguish without a medical exam. "Humanity", which was probably a mix of humans and reploids at that point, died out because of whatever catastrophe that flooded the Earth.

Yes, I finished preschool as well.

Nope, Wily and Light passed away some time before X was discovered. The Wily in Legends is just some boat proprietor with the same name and similar look. He's actually an alright guy.

But I heard bout some computer virus necromancy shenanigans. It was just a nod to old characters?
Also this thread reminds me I have to play this shit again.

It's possible Wily's mind survived through tech wizardry. It's even implied that Serges is actually Wily, and the devs have intentionally never confirmed or deconfirmed the notion. Light's dead, though. All that's left of him are the recordings in the upgrade pods for X.

Wily definitely continued to exist in some capacity or another up through X5 at minimum, which is where Sigma got the idea to fuck with Zero via the virus, and why Gamma Sigma existed.
At least mostly false. In the bad end of X5, X is basically dead, and the Light hologram shows, comments on the situation, and completely repairs him. Even if it's not actually Dr. Light, and it's simply a hardlight data recreation that acts like him, it's much more than a recording. It's more likely that there's only one capsule, and Light moves it around, which would explain why it's always gone after you get whatever part from it.

That opens a question if any AI/script/protocol can replicate the sentience of life. The Virus and Capsule Hologram are mere code/algorithms based off of their creators that would follow guidelines established to mimic possible outcomes to mirror their creator's actions/wishes. In the hologram's case, it would offer power and parts as instructed and generally go "What would Dr. Light do" and react with as much knowledge given when made– if it doesn't also have the capacity to learn new data, which it probably does. The Virus is a bit more simple than that, a mere "fuck you" Wily left that acts as the proverbial devil on the infected's shoulder to order/convince the victim to destroy within all the wisdom Wily has to bestow (it's how his shadowy figure emerges to Zero and Sigma to speak to them, as we've seen).

In short, they'd be only memory backups with added computational AI: sapient, but not a continuation of conscious for the Doctors.

So humans and robots could never get along and they had to choose the Synthetic ending.

I don't understand people sometimes.

How far can one take their own delusions?

Literally who cares about Lost Planet?

MML3 should've come out