Completely asymmetric RTS map made with varied, appealing looking assets

But

Why are there no retail games like this?

You cannot describe a system by desired outcomes.

Sure you can. Look at the pigeonhole problem and hashmap cracking

Ok heres the system
Literally what I said but reworded

Balance problems, veteran players memorize and game their knowledge against new players.

Yuge for an RTS. Outside of community-made things like Phantom Mode, you're not likely to get that many people in one room for a free-for-all. Good luck matchmaking those players for relatively similar skill levels, too.

Twelve factions in one RTS is way too much content for any of it to be unique for each one. Again there are player-made gamemodes for popular RTS games which have large numbers of factions, but their popularity is about what you'd expect it to be - especially when two players can't choose the same faction if they both like it.

Your best bet is to look for a gamemode that you will like in a popular RTS and hope you can rope people into a few games. You're not going to find a game whose core content meets all or even most of your conditions.

Memorization of fixed map features is the opposite of a skill gap. Randomly generated maps correct this problem.

New players should lose because they suck, not because they haven't yet grafted all of a map's layout into their brains.

Memorization and recollection of features and strategies is a skill. It's literally what high level chess players do. Consequently, I would argue that luck is a skill, or rather the ability to mitigate the potential downsides of being fucked by bad luck, but that's tangent to random map features

Even so, a skilled player will have good knowledge of a random map generator's quirks (see: any ARPG, such as Diablo) and know what patterns to look for, so they can quickly do their thing.

Look atthe vide, it already exists with lots of features. Also you can find a game every 5 minutes.

If the game you want is alive and well and does everything you want, then why are you asking?

You havent played a lot of rougelikes are you? The only way to win is to know everything. While everything is generated. And you present it like its the opposites.

I will use a hypothetical to demonstrate my point.

If a player in, say, an FPS, uses a sniping weapon or class, then which constitutes a greater display of skill - having the intelligence to figure out which locations will best suit a sniping playstyle on a map that has been randomly generated for one match, or jumping into a match with a fixed map that has already been memorized to the point that you know a spot under a bridge where you can shoot spawning enemies from behind an awkwardly tiny hole that you knew was there before the match began?

Which "playstyle" requires the player to demonstrate an ability to process and act optimally according to new information, and which one can simply be looked up on the internet?

Which one of these situations clearly involves a greater degree of skill and would impress a bigger or tougher audience?

The out for new players is the alliance system and event system. You usually start with an ally, only good players pick initially solo factions, up to 3 allies depending on the map whose skill pulls your average up. Alliance Events and general events mean you can use a power spike or a new ally to your advantage to keep yourself in the game, and since they are 1 time only with some being mutually exclusive you cannot spam them. Then there is manual allying where instead of leaving, barely surviving players ally up together or with a bigger team who is not technically the strongest or is mid tier to even things up (unfair alliances aka mass alliances are frowned upon)

Not to mention its basic RTS controls. All you need to do is glance oveer the abilities and units you can make, then since you start with a certain amount of units anyway your lack of skill is initially less significant as rushes are rare.

Also its literally 2 players more than a dota game. Dota wouldve probably been 6 v 6 initially if eul knew how to trigger neutral passive and extra to act as the creep controlling teams.

Itsa wc3 custom. I asked for retail games, why there are none like it. Wc3 wont last forever, and its not popular enough to have its versioon of Dota2 or CSGO

That sure proves us(with real examples) wrong.
And you dont even know about ace of spades, nigger.
What the fuck are you talking about?

The bridge would be optimal because of quantifiable reasons - cover, difficulty to attack, good view, etc. All you have to do is know the ideal qualities to look for and apply them to a random map and you get the same thing

Unless of course the bridge has some kind of exploit to it, which cant be counted on because itll be fixed eventually

Doesnt AoS have a very limited starting map though. I remember finding either flat maps or maps with a big mountain in thewm but thats pretty much it, played it years ago.
Other guy
What youre talkin about is done in pro HoMM3, problem there was always that players just played on Jebus Cross template, which is symmetric. And with such a system symmetry will always be chosen for balance, and is what the HotA mod (unofficial expack) balances around. Thats why I like hand made maps that focus on asymetry as they allow for varied and unique gameplay.

Argument from pathology.

How about the ad hominem you're using? Isn't that a fallacy faglord?

Bump for discussion

this is a warcraft iii thread right
Any anons wanna play?