Holla Forums Gamenight: Halo Custom Edition

Claiming the coming Friday-Sunday chain for HCE.

What is Halo Custom Edition
HCE is a version of PC that was created by Gearbox of all people and aside from the biggest difference from HPC in that it supports user created content (not just bloodgulch mods) but small QoL fixes for MP. The game's about 15+ years old now so it's very toaster friendly.

Download the game here

DDL: mega.nz/#!38llyK5Z!Ivf15goLIabbrDLxfyyweKG7bum6Uq3F00-HBsznQdE
(Larger due to maps included, also includes battle city maps)

Torrent:thepiratebay.se/torrent/10173195/Halo_CE_[Custom_Edition]_1.10_Patched
(Does not include any maps)

PRE-JOIN THINGS TO LOOK AT

halo.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=33034400&postRepeater1-p=1#33062868

forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=27326
(The redist folder is in an odd place on the pre-packed DDL, look in the maps folder)

WHAT MAPS ARE BEING PLAYED?
Come friday I'll have the updated list.

ENABLING CONSOLE
Create a shortcut to Haloce.exe and in the target line add a space after the file path and then add -console. In game you'll know it's working if you press ~ and pink text that says "Halo(" shows up on the bottom for your screen.

Fixing chat lag and possible exceptions from alt tabbing

HPC/HCE has a really archaic chat system that has a bad habit of quickly disappearing. HAC2 has a built inb fix for this in the form of a Halo Reach styled chat box that goes from bottom to top.

Bring up the console with ~ and type
hit enter

HOW TO CHANGE FoV

HAC2 comes with a built in FoV changer.

You can also bring up console and type in "fov #"
(Ex. fov 100)

CONNECTING

Direct IP:

password: rage

WHEN IS IT?
This Friday at noon EST

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!i4lGxSxI!hnGZw8t5vXtvHFWjQENwig
haloce3.com/ccount/click.php?id=sp_spv302_modgame
hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6798
discord.gg/U3ZA3RB
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

OPTIC

Optic is a QoL mod that just adds medals and the announcer from later Halo Titles (right now only ones are Reach, H3 and H4). These mods are client side and do not affect gameplay.

mega.nz/#F!i4lGxSxI!hnGZw8t5vXtvHFWjQENwig

Download the files (any or all)
Go to My Documents>My Games>HaloCE>HAC>pack
If pack folder does not exist, make it
Drop the archived files into the pack

DO NOT EXTRACT THESE ARCHIVED FILES

In Halo open the console and type

This will show you all loaded packs, to load one type

>Optic load
(Ex. Optic load Haloreach)
Filename must be as the archive is named

GAMETYPES
A breakdown of some of the gametypes used in the server. There was some confusion with certain gametypes so spelling it out may help ahead of time.

1 life, free for all, no radar, no shield and no headshot weapons. You'll find this gametype typically on maps that help increase paranoia like sciophobia. Last man standing is the winner

Same as above but in teams, with no waypoint markers above teammates heads mixed with the map choices and lack of radar makes things a bit more intense.

Reverse tag juggernaut. The person whose it is invisible and marked on radar only by a blue blip. The only way to win is to get kills as the it. Everyone who isn't the predator has to either fight amongst themselves or team up to take down the predator.

Everyone is invisible. outside that standard FFA

Exclsuive to Chiron TL-34. Shotguns, no shields, no radar and everyone is invisible.

Another Chiron exclusive. Though this time it's teams, enjoy the negative score when it becomes shot first ask later.

Reverse 1 flag CTF. Attacking team must bring the flag to the enemy base and defenders have to prevent it.

Why not Halo: Online?

Not that much custom content, really restrictive server op controls. Not that toaster friendly.

Host a server for
Maybe if I like it I'll look into it, but it's gotta run off a shitty laptop with 4 gigs of ram (That's what runs the HCE server).

Where is the Mumble/TS/discord server?
Multiple anons agree a discord would lead to group drama. So there isn't any.

FOR THOSE WANTING TO PLAY SPv3
Open Sauce (OS) is a 3rd party application that is meant to expand HaloCE's capabilities. Since I can't get a portable version packaged here's the next best thing.

download this:
haloce3.com/ccount/click.php?id=sp_spv302_modgame

Run the HCE installer
Keep the default directory
Put in this CD key: MVY49-RXRJP-WJHK6-98CT9-HF6VY
Install, do not restart
Install the 1.10 update
Once 1.10 is finished install OS
One everything is set install the .yelo maps included in the above link

The CD key provided is a spare one I have. Since HAC2 and OS can't play nice together it's good to have a install of HCE for SPv3 while the HAC2 version is used for MP

Lastly I'd like mods to sticky this thursday night to not only keep interest going but to show it's ready.

TONIGHT THERE WILL BE A TEST OF SOME GAMETYPES AND MAPS BEFORE LAUNCH ON FRIDAY

No I'm just not a consumerist who's going to spend $20 to play a game once.

You can host your own game night with Sonyggers and play Killzone or whatever wasn't shut down by Sony because it wasn't making them enough money, and see for yourself how many people actually join. It makes sense to choose games that can be acquired for free to maximize player-count.

You mean as the fortnight thing or this coming friday?

>>>/SomethingAwful/

Think we'll see Halo 3 PC at E3 OP?

I think this is unofficial but the only reason we have fortnight is because of concern for lack of hosts, the structure of Radcorp is impromptu and unspoken so doing something out of that is helpful and if kept up will encourage more people to be hosts so we can play every week.

Halo 3 will come to Windows 10 but if it does come to Steam I wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole unless pirated.

No, Halo is Microsoft's biggest console mover. They won't do it as well as the fact that the teams dedicated to HW2 and Halo 6 are more focused on pushing new products out.

Chances are they'll put it on DX12 to force windows 10 (they aren't beyond this, see H2V). As for pirating I'd be down for that honestly. What I really want to see (which we won't get) is H3CE. a H3EK with as much or more moddability as the original HEK would greatly increase the amount of custom maps and content the community could pump out. Imagine a custom 16 play co-op map that plays like a campaign based around the fall of reach or a map that has you playing as marines during the first hours of the mombasa invasion.

Also What I meant is this coming Friday-Saturday and Sunday the server will be up. Tonight you may see the server up in the in-game browser because I'll be testing some things such as gametypes and maps

What's the player limit for that game?

sadly only 16. it's a hard coded limit that modders have actually tried to bypass but so far only a 17th player has been added and it's not stable.

Mouse acceleration.
Invisible chat fix.

Actually pretty good. I'll be refining both the copypasta for the OP an the server till friday so might see some changes in OP first 2 posts after that

dang it, I wanted to plan Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for Friday, mind if I do saturday instead?

Don't see why we can't have two. There'll probably be some overlap but MK8DX and Halo are two different genres and there are some factors on your end like people need to own a switch and the game.

So we can run two at once I'm not all that picky really

Mark you stick out like a sore thumb and you're also retarded, why not have your game night on the same night as ours because it's different consoles and different appeal so you can hang out with your Nintendo assbuddies just fine.

Are we running the game raw or patching it to 1.1?

the portable is 1.10 which is the latest patch

calm down buddy is just video games

gonna play some STCoC for now I'll be back to answer any questions

Yeah but I don't wanna take people away from Halo Online, I'll just do it another week. no worries.

no billy

well it's not Halo Online, it's HCE. Which is a stand alone of Halo PC that supports user content.

we're going to play kirby air ride modoki at some point

neat. I just haven't done HCE in a while so I ducked inbetween the "schedule" pic. Still good idea to offer alternatives, though on the downside you'd end up possible with two games running and anons wanting to play both.

I'll come along on Friday.
What are the extra things in the 2nd post? OS and SPv3? What kind of things do they add?

I'll be on for sure this Friday. Same host as a few weeks back I assume?

FUCKOFF KIKE
U
C
K
O
F
F

K
I
K
E

yeah I'm sev

Just single player. SPv3 is an overhaul of the original Halo campaign with new wepaons, enemies, vehicles and in some places new parts to the level.

Masterz unbalanced the whole fuckimg thing though, Legendary is frustrating as fuck, especially on the smaller environmments.
No Plasma Pistol = Death

oh I agree, Masterz is a retard. a lot of SPv3 felt phoned in. I don't like his design philosophy of "add lots of enemies to make shit harder".

Can't wait to see how fucked the second half of the campaign is. Just glad his idea of adding the forerunner shit got axed because fuck anyone who thinks Halo 4 was a good idea

He unironically likes Halo 4 and thinks its better than one of the trilogy, can't remember which.

HAHAHAAHAHAAH!!!
WORTHLESS FUCKING CONSUMER MANCHILDREN.
PARASITIC SHITSTAINS!!

From a design standpoint 343i doesn't understand what made Halo's asthetics pleasing to the eyes. It's simplistic in the design of everything. 343 needlessly complicates things. Going back to Masterz and CMT a lot of the old talent is gone, I dunno if anyone from the old guard outside of Il Duce is still with him.

That being said I wish they had instead made Noble difficulty something horror based like they did with TSC:E's noble because the first time you fight those THINGS in the depth of Halo scared the shit out of me because I had no idea what was in front of me or if it even could be killed.

and that death cry, dear god that was terrible

ENABLING HARDWARE ACCELARATION AND EAX SOUND

www.mediafire.com/file/ppjj3asjdi1i72f/Creative+ALchemy+-+EAX+Enabler.rar

Put dsound.dll and dsound.ini in your HCE folder. Now you can activate Hardware Acceleration and EAX !

gonna flag this post and have it added to the OP come gamenight

Why not halo 5 forge? its free and modabble

>That fucking Spartan during the generator sequence

Miscro$haft pls go

See I would have loved something like that where on Noble Halo gets turned on it's head and thigns like that happen

also

>suddenly the helmets start to attack

it freaked me out the first time because what was happening

Because you haven't killed yourself yet.

Mods have said they'll only guarantee stickying the main nights on even then only on a Friday and Saturday (no Thursday) I'm afraid, they want to avoid flooding the board with meta stickys (which makes sense). That said they may well sticky, if not I'll help you with bumping the thread.

and even*

in 5 minutes or so gonna be throwing the test server up. join at your own risk. map and gametype might be reloaded several times as I try to figure out presets for what I have in mind

Just extracting now.
What's the IP/server name?

I'm a sucker for Halo CE despite its many flaws, so I guess I'll play SPV3 until Friday.

again testing so if you've downloaded any maps or see any maps you want to try lemme know

Huh, can't get it to work.
I ran the haloce.exe and it took a while to launch, then plonked me on a splash with the logo and Gearbox/Bungie in the corners.
Had to restart my computer to escape it; wouldn't even let me launch Task Manager.

I'll have to tinker about to figure out why it's doing this.

HCE doesn't have those splashes are you trying to play HPC?

I opened this one.
The Haloupdate.exe tells me there's an error with the install and the Install 1.1 Patch .exe tells me the game isn't installed.

alright did you you grab the torrent at the top?

Nah, MEGA.
Trying to get the torrent now, but for some reason my DNS has been reset to the ISP's one, which blocks TPB, so now I have to go configure my router again.

right so if update won't work try this

hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6798

oh fuck me that's right the updater never was able to look for 1.10 just run that should be no problem

The problem appears to be that the updater and the repair tool don't recognise the game as being installed.
I'll hunt through the forums for an answer, but thanks for trying to help my stupid ass.

I thought this was a board for video games

don't because thye'll know it's pirated. try that updater I linked

I'm sorry video games upset you

I did try that one, same error.
These forums have such a cancerous search function.

Could you take a screenshot of your install folder and point to the .exe you run to launch the client?

No clue, I just unpacked it and no problem, game launched

Cool, I've been wanting to play with you lads again.

At this point I can't tell if you're trying to fuck with Halo gamenights in particular or if you're just an ordinary shamelessly selfish kike.

Its not like hes a poorfag with no computer either.

already 5 minutes into testing and I had to axe a map and gametype because the weapons that spawn for rocket slayer don't spawn you with rockets but snipers

Game runs for me but the problem is this shit is too easy, maybe I'm playing with spics or something but I easily killed the whole enemy team in a few seconds.

Game launched for me too, that's why I asked if we were playing the patched version.

yeah only people left playing are spics more or less on stock maps because they're too dumb to install custom maps

My server is up and we're testing possible new additions

Also the game is already patched and ready to go. Don't need to patch anything. the DDL is actually the portable version just packed with maps so you spend less time downloading shit

Most of the vote list is done. Just gotta set a few more things and it'll be done

Holla Forums you are shit

what in the fuck are you on about. Also had to axe a map because it's one of those lovely situations where the author publicly releases a map but it relies on server side scripts which only the author has for his own server

one of these threads again. I used to play halo back then, was really fun. The only bad thing about it is that it is full of wankers. I am not sure if I ever saw a game with this many noobs in it.

Sadly it's more or less dead now. Only servers filled to capacity are stock map servers or infection servers. The servers with actual customs maps and rotations are always floating at the bottom because spics can't into custom maps and even with HAC2 adding the ability to download custom maps and being packaged with the most recent build of portable edition it's still not enough.

That being said when we do gamenights it's usually fun.

You don't say?

I'd play with you guys but my desk and PC isn't moved to my new place yet.

That sucks. I'm almost done come friday I'm going to report the thread and hour before the server goes up with a link to a pastebin that will contain the edits I need the mods to make.

A minor teaser

A wanker and a noob are entirely different things user.

That looks really boring, what's the point of playing a slow ass FPS if you're not gonna use vehicles and teamwork?

YES. Can we pls raid some public spic servers?

not much reason to, you guys can when the server goes down

Nigga you've never play CE and it shows

FUCK I'm at work on Friday…
Have fun, just remember who's the true King of the Sky! That's right, me! The guy with 3% FOV!

ha, well it'll be up saturday too so try and stop by

Wait, did you give in to that selfish fuck half a thread back?
I'm working on Saturday too

Well I said he could run what he wanted on saturday, I didn't say I was giving it up

map vote list done at this point, new meme maps. Star Wars out of the rotation some new maps added and some old ones removed, the old rotation is just renamed so I can switch back to it if I ever want to

Finally got the game running, but can't run the 1.10 update as the updater application tells me Halo is not installed. I guess it's looking for Halo PC in the default path. Where would that be?

programfiles/microsoftgaymes/halo

So it's Wednesday night. What are we playing?

dunno but server doesn't go up till Friday

Oh, I thought we had a weeklong rotation of games. I thought I'd seen a daily schedule posted somewhere. Thanks.

No problem, also a day by day rotation would be a nightmare. if I could ever manage a weeklong server I'd probably just make 3 lists. I mean SAPP let's you even make maps in the vote appear by players in server but too lazy to do that for EVERY map

Appolgies for a off-topic bump.
I would like to suggest Tron 2.0 and possibly try to host it after RO:OT and before Battlefield 2, so Fri the 26th to 27th of june.
+ (positives), Has a GOG re-release and is otherwise extremly pirate (with Retail using disk + CD check and the other two versions using Steam suppsly has an infinite install loop glitch but can be fixed in addition to being able to be played without steam via the Unoffical Patch), and toaster friendly (has a and mods shouldn't add much if any additional weight), ~2.5 GB unmoded and ~8.5 GB modded with the most of it being likely being the map pack, has a community developed online play fix,supports everything but matchmaking.
= (not shure), Bot support,if there is auto downloading for both server and client, GNU/Linux support (however looking at the requirements on pcgamingwiki it should hopefully handle like a dream and then some), not shure if mouse smoothing is hard coded or on by default.
- (downsides), Max player count is said to be 16 and not shure about the increasablitiy of it,

If you want to run Tron 2.0 user just run Tron 2.0, you don't have to ask anyone for permission.

That is just make a thread on the Thursday or Friday before you want to play saying 'we playing tomorrow faggots' and give them a download link + server details. It's that simple.

Right gonna send a edited pastebin with the new OP info in a report so should see some OP changes and a pin by tomorrow hopefully

[autistic screeching]
Still can't get the 1.10 update to apply. I've tried deleting it all and installing Halo PC and CE fresh, but it just keeps giving me error messages.

Anyone know which files are updated and can just post them so I can manually add them in?

Tried the torrent? if that launches right just drop the maps folder from the DDL over.

Every version launches, I just can't get the update to apply.
I still connected to a 1.10 server despite being on 1.0, so might not be an issue.

how do you know you're on 1.0?

Lemme throw up my server real quick. the IP is in the thread try and connect to it

right everything set for the morning

dead gamenight

Becaus asutralians have bad internet.

o-oh

Nah anyone can join it's just the server is US East so bare in mind. I can give euro anons files to set up SAPP and run a euro HCE server if anyone ever fancies it

Go play with your abo neighbours.

Well I mean sure, it's only 250 ping for me. Surely it will be completely playable!

considering this is built for dial-up modems probably

You don't?

SERVER IS LIVE NOW

Post WebMs of Jojo on Halo Online, I miss his melodious voice and spergouts

Do that when it's a Halo Online thread mate.

The tanks game was rad, nice match fam it was pretty close

shit like battlecity is why I love HCE. some camera tricks and leg work gives you what feels like a whole different game. could you download the map the server is currently on or no?

It tells me i cant, and the mega meme shit wont let me download the other and i was alraedy halfway.

right I'll skip it I know the guy who runs HAC2's map downloading function and get him to add it

right map switched and sal alerted. should be in HAC2 by the time we get back to it if we do

Dio got rekt

You niggers lost a 2v3, please.

and we just won foundry :^)

The fucking forklift doesent lifts stuff, fucking meme game 0/10

BRAVO NOLAN

it's a limitation of the H1 engine. sorry mate I saw you trying.

Also reminder you can vote on what map is coming up next. those with the text bug won't see the voting list at map end

Do you also practice Street Fighter II Turbo on the PS1 and consider that a real game too?

why are you upset about that?

it's base team slayer.

Using Halo 3 assets where the AR kills retardedly quick, the BR feels like shit Every BR in Halo CE feels like crap because it wasn't made with one in mind and half the hits don't register before you suddenly drop dead due to strange shit.
Even if the gamemode isn't broken, the maps and the way they balance the content is.

stop being bad
Also again all assets from that foundry port including health statistics are taken from H3. You're being killed by H3 AR. Just stop being mad and bad

It's a bit slow at the moment, gonna leave the server up and keep an eye on it. I'll be in there AFKing in the meantime

should've put up a game for this week mate. Don't be upset

WILL RETURN AT 6PM EST

SERVER BACK UP

how to fix text bug?

look in the OP
the file is actually in the map folder

I'm glad I got to play with you guys, it was really fun.

crawlin why come TKing so much?

we still have room for people

343 is saying Halo 6 won't be at E3 but that they have a little surprise.
I think it will either MCC or Halo 3 PC

lolno

which reminds me, has anyone ever played a serious match on unreal tournament 3's tankcrossing? When I say serious match I mean against real players, it's lame against bots.

That shit is INSANE, I have never played a map that intense. UT3 is not a good game, but that map is overall the best UT map. Normally in warfare you have several noobs that need to be captured before you can attack the enemy base, but on that map there is only one node in the middle of the map. Which means it's a constant clusterfuck of people raping each other. In moment you are right about to win, and then you are suddenly losing.

OP stop being a faggot everyone knows its happening by now.

Hey remember how there was listings for H3 on steam and an official steam group?

aw shit we sticci nao

ship to ship combat

tbh it is a little too big for me

yeah not good for small teams so we skipped it

sweet. I'll be back in a minute, then.

map wasn't in the HAC2 rotation switching

whelp killed the server on accident

it''s back now

This is way too fucking much stuff. Do you download the 100mb file or the 3.76gb file - which one if you want to play with other Anons? Can you even play with other Anons?

What is this about Halo2? Do you have to install the Halo game onto your computer or is this just a copied version of the game without installation?

I couldn't even get to the main fucking screen. Which is ridiculous considering my computer is a fucking decade ahead of the games time. I really do hate to sound like the noob and pleb, but is there a simplified version to OP's EYNTKE manual? There has GOT to be a simplified version. And why am I not seeing other servers posted here if 16 is the maximum number of players a game can hold?

I'm getting a weird vibe tbh

Introduction
blah blah blah
Basics
blah blah blah
Troubleshooting
blah blah blah
Common Problems and Notices
blah blah blah
Advanced Settings and Modifications
you pretentious nerds

Sure we can figure this out if we downloaded everything and fucked around for a bit, but if you want to tell your audience exactly what they need to do exactly what it is they want to do, then not only would things go a lot smoother for you, but you would have more people joining in and this would be much more of a success. Just from personal experience.

I went on the server with my preexisting patched halo ce install. everything's on the up & up. Anons were bitching about maps that use resources from newer games, I agree old halo is better.

I'm downloading the fuckhuge megafile now because letting halo download maps is retarded. can i just drag and drop maps?

i hopped on again its just raw halo 1 now. install halo custom edition however the fuck you please and then patch it to the latest edition. that torrent is already patched it looks like. no more spoonfeeding for you.

Yeah, and the damn file is 3 years old. Please, don't spoonfeed me that at all.

I download the torrent, and I get some error code 126 when I tried running the Halo application, so I guess I'm just upset that I can't install the game and play with you dudes without downloading everything else.

what you got that warning message about ram? ignore it.

seriously just ignore that warning it can't detect more than 4gig of ram

Of course, thanks mate. I'll just fix that real quick.

VOOM VOOM

probably gonna take her offline for the night and bring her back around 2pm EST

WILL RESUME AT 2PM EST TOMORROW

May you have good dreams about this man

I was only in there for a game, but it was fun.

I'll be back tomorrow. No point in leaving it running all night

you should leave it up all night tomorrow though

why not? it's friday night

done

I will saturday

Jesus fucking Christ, is this the retards that come here now? Holy fuck you guys are a joke.

really makes you think

No, I changed my IP because I knew you'd get triggered over a (1) calling you out on being a (2), patheticfag.

lol

Thanks OP, I know this probably sounds retarded, but I've been working 6 or 7 days a week (mostly 7) for the past few years straight, playing extremely little vidya, been getting extremely depressed as a result lately, and this reminded me of what fun actually feels like. I shit you not, I cannot remember the last time I actually had fun of any kind. It felt good.

I feel you. Holla Forums gamenights are the most enjoyable and memorable vidya experiences I have these days.

you can add new maps or remove them if you want. If you join a server halo will download the map, so even if you accidentally delete maps it's not a big deal.

I just saw you post passing by. Is this true? I though Holla Forums nights are a horrible mess of autism and awkwardness. Also when are you nig nogs going to play mount and blade?

Make of it what you want. What is perhaps a horrible mess of autism and awkwardness is the most fun I've had in several years; just depends on how shitty your life is, I guess. Consider yourself very lucky if you don't have fun in these servers.

I've gotten along well with almost every group I've met through 8/v/. Just stay away from anything that encourages namefags.

You either meme others or become a meme.
It's always great fun.

Try not to make a name for yourself, just pick something simple or a shitty Holla Forums meme for FPS games, and don't keep it over multiple gamenights.
Don't sperg out in chat or in the thread. Remember everyone else is just as autistic as you.
Be sure to dick around and not actually try to play the game properly every now and then. Most of the fun is from dicking around, not winning or losing.

technically all games encourage namefagging because a username. Again this is only on a technical level.

hoping I don't kill the server again by accident today. Gonna talk to sal again about adding some stuff that turned out to not be in HAC2's list

So in regards to one of the maps not downloading. I tried to do it myself, removed the map from my folder, deleted my hac cache and two errors later it loaded.

So I'm gonna take with_whiteness and throw it up in the rotation. don't bug out if the map gives you an error after the download attempt

halo legends was cool I guess.

it was alright. doing some fine tuning so hopefully I won't kill the server again

Why isnt there nobody playing?

Server is going back up at 2PM EST

so sit back and if you have any issues with your install now's a good chance to post problems

I'll go back to playing wurm then

an hour or so till it comes back and I promised I'd leave it running over night tonight

get in here you queers

SERVER IS BACK UP

Why would you even do this?

It literally only says Holla Forums8. Calm down autist.

Wew

I know Holla Forums's IQ has dropped significantly in the past year but not that low.

to be fair array has all of us on array spawned us in the same area

most people don't know about 8ch considering it's bannable there to talk of this place. There are people who have no idea 8ch even exists.

still got spots

there's just one question though
does this game have jeeps?

yeah it has vehicles

How do I shot web?

discord.gg/U3ZA3RB

here's the discord I said I'd make for us

The only request I'd like you to make if you're going to use goycord to host voice is that it's destroyed at the end of the gamenight. I'd like to prevent group drama from forming and cliques and groups tend to have these issues

(1) DON'T CLICK IT. No idea who this faggot is, but lately there are a shitload of niggers who post random discord links. I assume they are posted by shady sjw's.

will do

I don't know what you mean, people in the game were talking about discord for voice so I made a server

Is anyone else getting connection issues, or is it just that I don't have the map (Facing Worlds)?

how do we do h3pc??

Meh kind of boring to be honest. Bad netcode, clunky, slow and maps that feel shoddy and cheap.

map should download if you have HAC2 installed

the netcode is microsoft's fault, they mandated that a game from 2004 be given a netcode that made it 56K friendly. it's not hard to lead shots just a pain

How do I check that, I can change the FOV with F6 and it downloaded a map once, now its not letting me into the game.

whats the error message exactly?

"Attention: Could not join this server, there may be connection issues."

strange. did you try the direct connect or through the brwoser? browser seems to have issues but not direct connect.

In any case down time ATM gonna resume at 7PM or so

Bigass confirmed as bestest map

I'll be back at 7PM, dick around till then

and back

So what is next week then?

Yeah I'm gonna call it, seems HCE just isn't all that popular anymore. Glad people had fun but that seems to be the end of it

Ja Na

Sorry mate, but even with the sticky numbers weren't that great and we've been at 2 players for the last hour and a half. HCE is old, it's got MS' taint on it in the form of the dial-up netcode

It really has been fun but time to put it to rest.

I know that pain. I finally get it to work after a week and as I join Serbanon shuts it down.

Oh well, I'll just go relive some childhood memories by jumping on Spic servers.

Red Orchestra.
It used to be payfags only, but according to /radcorp/, someone found a way to let pirates and legit users play together.
Download link got shut down for some reason, so you'll need to wait for the pre-night thread in the next few days for a new one.

good bey

right the report has been sent, should be unsticked soon, also requested it be anchored

Fuck, I'm literally extracting the game right now too. Guess I'll follow

Again sorry, but then again my upload was trash and there was lots of lag for people. I think HCE's past a point of no return at this point. Custom servers are far and few and. those that exist are pretty much either massive map #324 or lockout. even worse still is outside 2 of the servers the rest of them are running basically HPC tier mods on the stock maps.

N-not forever, right?

I've been doing other stuff and playing other games, I'll hop on the next game weekend if its a fun game. I was one of the vets in CoD:UO we played a month ago.
Also Vanquish is coming to PC, can't wait to play it for free, my favorite action ps3 game.

I dunno. see ya till next time then

it's still the weekend, I'm gonna be an autist and keep on playing until the weekend is over

343i has confirmed there's no H3A or H3 PC port in the works like 10 times now, but that they aren't against doing it

I've got one last gift for you guys

This was a different set of hosts etc from the main gamenights but next gamenight is either RO:OST or BF2142 (probably the latter).

It's being tweaked by OST is definitely piratefag friendly.

but*

I'l give hosting Tron2.0 a shot. Current max offical player count is 16, not shure if it can be increased though.

and one last fool on my part, the audio didn't capture.

ty user

No problem. Like I said it's been fun.

I really appreciated you hosting over the past few months. I get why you'd be discouraged by the poor turnout, but I think you pulled the gun too quick this weekend. If only you had a dedicated that you could ignore, many of us could have hung on.

Also the jeopardy video was fucking hilarious. I remember watching that last year, and I can't believe you're the same guy that made it.

Hope I see you again in some other gamenight, dude.

I too appreciate the hosting, by the way.
I agree this was the biggest issue, being able to have it up all three days would have helped with player numbers.

Thirding the gratitude.

From

again guys it's been fun. I shouldn't say this is the end from me because it got me thinking there are other Halos on the PC.

Project Cartographer maybe?

Hello satan. I've never played that one, but I did complete Lumoria about a year ago on the recommendation of some user on here, and that was very very good.

you're such an enormous faggot, I tried to play like three times and your gay ass server was shut down already.

What was that one team slayer map that was using halo 3 multiplayer we played yesterday and how do I find more of them?

you just have bad timing

It's a modification of H2V