Gun and Sword

What games let you use both melee weapon and firearm simultaneously in tandem, rather than separately?
For example in DMC while switching between the two is almost seamless, you still use them separately, Dante never holds both at once.
Or in Torchlight you can hold both sword and gun in each hand, but your character will only use one of them depending on the distance.
I don't think I can come up with real example of what I mean, hence the thread.

Bonus points for being able to equip different weapons.

Dishonored :^)

Bloodborne

This.

Gun serves as shield and is seamless with 1-hand weapon.

SMT

I didn't play Dishonored, what's this ":^)" is about?
Also I thought it's a stealth game, how do guns fit in there?

I don't have PS4, but I played sword+crossbow built in DS, how different firearms to crossbows in BB? Do you have attacks that utilize both at once?

Space Marine

Rising Zan

You can get a pistol/shotgun type thing. That's about it. Combat goes into a duel like mode when you're in live fire combat, so its useful to pop one off and escape.

Obligatory E.Y.E

You can play dishonored as an action game, you always hold a short sword and one of the things you can equip in your left hand is a gun. There's no :^) to be had.

Does it have to be in your hands?
Bayonetta can use a sword in hand and guns on feet

Warhammer online (RoR) with the witchhunter, Risen 3 and Age of Pirates come to mind.

Fallout 4

SMT games.

Warhammer Online doesn't count as it's dead

I'm pretty sure those work kinda like DMC/Torchlight where you either whack or shoot, but not both.

Same for

The gun is worthless as a weapon, it only exists for the parry system where if you shoot an enemy at the right time in its attack, it stuns it and lets you do a brutal attack on it for a lot of damage.

Otherwise than that though it's fucking shit and may as well just be a shield that can't block.

Why would you shoot a man while stabbing him?

You sure about that?

Never knew that was a thing
thanks user

Fable 2 & 3, though 2 is only on Xbox, while 3 is also on PC but it's a piece of shit.
Oh, then Final Fantasy VIII, I guess because you have the gunblade which is both a gun and a sword.
Maybe even Steambot Chrnonicles(and I think mecha games as well), because you can have a gun in one arm, and a sword in the other.

Technically it's a wrench and a gun.

Don't thank me too much. It's stable enough and supposedly the T4 content is finally done but the folk in charge are cunts and then some.

Devil May Cry

Ryƫ ga Gotoku Ishin!

Red Steel 2

EYE. Why the fuck do I have to say this, this thread is 10 hours old, jesus christ

Because you're a dipshit that can't scroll up?

I really hate that cover art. Comparing this to , I would say that Steambot Chronicles is to Dark Cloud 2 what a Dingo Pictures movie is to a Disney movie.

Deathwing. Don't get that game though, it's extremely unoptimized garbage

Not liking Steambot's cover is one thing.
Not liking Bumpy Trot the game means you have shit taste.

When did I ever imply that I liked or disliked the game itself? I never played it so I wouldn't know if I liked it or not.

We're in a thread talking about gameplay. You didn't specify in your second sentence that it was still about the cover. It could be interpreted that Irem is to Dingo as Level 5 is to Disney when it is certainly the opposite.

The gun is like a parrying dagger for the most part, you use it to get ripostes on enemies for visceral attacks. Some guns get higher damage from a stat called bloodtinge, so they can do okay damage. But there is also shit like the Cannon, Flamesprayer (flamethrower), gatling gun, etc. - so there's a variety of fire arms, however practically speaking they're mostly used to get critical attacks

If you don't mind MOBAs, Greymane uses this exact mechanic in Heroes of the Storm. Which plays exactly like the Witch Hunter did in

He wrecks.

Red Steel 2 allows you to SWORD or GUN, bust mostly the SWORD.

Only Oni did CQC and gunplay seamlessly.

Kill yourself.

breakdown on XBOX a FPS brawler.

ONI was stuck in DEV hell, but the core game was great.

Phantasy Star Portable 2 lets you use a pistol and sword at the same time.

Fable III

I refuse to participate in your assfaggotry.

why not a gun sword instead?

If you're desperate, there's sjwars 2. The thief class has can dual wield firearm and sword/dagger.

Elona.

Vermintide.

Victor Saltzpyre from Vermintide has a rapier and pistol combo for one of his weapon types. It works much like any of the other melee weapons, plus you have a dedicated button for firing the pistol.

MGS3 has gunknife.

Is that how it actually looks on a real PSP?
I only played it on emulator and never witnessed such horrors.

The ":^)" is because Dishonored is a shitty game.

There are gun builds that can rape things in PvE and PvP.

10/10 build, would play

test0