Quick question: How did this fucking faggot make Opposing Force, Blue Shift, and Brothers In Arms...

Quick question: How did this fucking faggot make Opposing Force, Blue Shift, and Brothers In Arms. Were these games just flukes or was there actual talent at Gearbox.

And Todd was the director of Morrowind, people change

If anything, game development is even more of a team effort than making a movie, so for individuals to get credit for making a game is absolutely insane.
- Warren Spector

And yet you see Yoko Taro being solely credited and even revered on this very board.

And Warren Spector himself is an example of this.

I thought Tim Schafer taught you people that no single man ever made a good game? They always had a lot of people working under them–people who were the real ones to make the game worthwhile.

What I meant was Pitchford and the rest of Gearbox.

He's going through his Kojima/Kamiya phase it'll blow over.

And then we'll all start posting "Yoko Taro was never good," yeah?

Well this is already true. Nier was a fluke and Nier 2 was only good because of Platinum being put in charge of the game.

You are what's wrong with video games.

That's what happens when you idolize someone, you praise them saying they're the best then people start shittalking them next thing you know you hate them too because you could never honestly judge them because you're stupid enough to worship someone in the first place. Remember how this board sucked Valve's dick until the paid mods fiasco.

I fucking hate the attribution of success or failure being placed on one person.
When MGS2 was good, it was all because of Kojima!
When MGS5 was bad, it was all because of Kojima!
It's like people completely ignore the events surrounding the developers along with the developers themselves.

Most AAA developers probably have a fair amount of talent and could probably make some really good games if they tried, but the problem is they won't try. They've all become so lazy because there's incentive for them not to be these days. Back in the late 90s/early 2000s you couldn't get away with a lot of the stuff you can get away with now, so they had to put actual effort into what they were making. Nowadays you can just make the same generic, mediocre(at best), sandbox game and/or cinematic experience over and over again without any real consequences whatsoever.

If you keep sucking his dick blindly, that's pretty much bound to happen. Backlash dynamics on imageboards are nothing to fuck with. Not to mention there's plenty of ammo against him. Read his mangas sometime.

If you keep sucking their dick you'll start seeing some of their slip-ups which moderates will bring up and cause you to go into sperg mode hating them because you revered them as personal gods.

just like Lucas "made" the original Star Wars trilogy.

Kojima is a special case tough. He is really influenced by film. Even death stranding seems like it will be like a Danish film. I shit you not.

He is going after symbolism that Danish films do allot, and I believe Kojima is rather a fan of the danish films. Since he loves that trash known as valhalla rising and Nicolas Winding Refn is his friend. So expect a Danish like film from Kojima.

Also where is that infopic where the second writer for mgs was someone else. the one with 1-3.

Yoko Taro, is more of a writer and director, he himself says that. Also he has no ego, he does not want anyone to know whom he really is.

Also with the first dragongard he was just put there as a director while he was an artist, that is insane.
Think that you are a general artist that draws/paint and some modeling but nothing more. than you get the job as a game designer and director.

Nice revisionism
You should have tried making a thread that even barely referenced Steam before the Witcher 3 was released in the beginning of 2015, you'd get fucks like these .

Worst thing about it were GOG shills pretending to be pirates like half of Holla Forums didn't use /scurv/ at the time.

this fag made Jazz Jackrabbit and Unreal

Yeah, all by himself, hes that Epic

I can think of several qualifiers for someone who giddily shows up for numerous interviews and PR stunts wearing the unofficial logo of his star product with an insane eye-catching potential, but I'll admit I would never have come up with "no ego". Sometimes hiding your face is the opposite of self-effacing.

Some Dutch fuckers made Jazz Jackrabbit though.

Maybe because he was surrounded by a competent team thtat doesnt exist anymore?
I wonder why faggots give credit to a game success to ONE person

These dipshits are literally dying for a god to worship due to the insanity kikes call civilization.

He was surrounded by competent people at the time which are now gone and replaced by fucktards. You can't do anything if talented people leave your company for other pastures, but I'm pretty sure Randy is the one solely responsible for fucking up Gearbox and making it bleed talent. That's apparent by how he deals with people and companies, you can't make good games if you treat people like shit.