Is it just me or is New Vegas more boring than FO1, 2, and 4? The main plot and setting aren't as engaging as 1...

Is it just me or is New Vegas more boring than FO1, 2, and 4? The main plot and setting aren't as engaging as 1, the dialogues aren't as funny as 2, and the action and scavenging isn't as good as 4. It's better than 3, I'll give you that, but I feel like it's inferior to the others.

And you forgot how the world was smaller, more empty, and less open than 3.
NV being good is just a meme to allow cucks to enjoy bethesda games under the cover of obsidian. It's not even the best obsidian game.

Actually, now that I think about it..
None of the Fallout games are good.

I was about to complain about how these games feel like bombs dropped just yesterday and not 200 years ago. Garbage thread btw

I lost my shit there.

Just because you're shit at the game that doesn't make hard enemies an invisible wall.

that's just your opinion, faggot
Who cares? It's not a fucking comedy; I'm not playing it to get bombarded by shitty memes
kill yourself

3's world might have more buildings and clutters, but IMO NV's world is more diverse.

Well, the whole series is basically an adaptation of the most popular cold war memes.

NV is worse in some regards, such as combat, enemy population, level design, and scavenging. Tbf FO4 is the sequel so those improvements should be expected, but still.

I never considered any of the fallouts to be particularly funny, and mostly disliked the memes. As for combat, fallout is supposed to be an RPG, not an FPS, so combat really isn't going to outweight the terrible writing in FO4. Not to mention, even though it's better than in previous instalments, FO4 still has a shit one when compared to any half-decent FPS.

Stop trying to fit in.

New Vegas suffers from focusing on a relatively uninteresting conflict stuck in a fairly bland environment.

The Legion is a joke of a faction that'll fall apart into petty bands of raiders once Caesar dies. The only reasonable course of action to stop Vegas being absorbed into their shitfest is to support the NCR (a corrupt carbon copy of the old world) or House (incredibly intelligent but ultimately limited in influence). It's not a very compelling story and would better be served as a diversionary quest similar to the Civil War in Skyrim, but since it's the main plot everything lacks a bit of impact.

This is set amongst miles of open desert that look pretty much identical to real world Arizona and Nevada save for the Vegas strees. The only places of intrigue are the vaults and Black Mountain, meaning that you can't really dig into much exploration to make up for the weak main quest.

It's unfortunate since NV is arguably superior to F3 and F4 in terms of gameplay, items, and characters. It's just that all the cool weapons and people are dumped into a world that's not as interesting as they are.

Don't even get me started on the DLCs they're all over the shop and make a mess of the Courier's story

>box full of invisible walls that aren't invisible

Listen here, OP.

Fallout 4's plot is so shit and inconsistant that it is one of the biggest embarrassments from Bethesda by far. We'll start with that then. It never really focused on any specific setting but rather the war never changes meme. The only game that it's connected plot-wise is Fallout 3 which is already shit in itself. The factions seem to do things because they do them, rather than some further motives which makes doing the story entirely pointless. You get nothing of interest for doing the plot.

NV's plot was designed based on Fallout 1 and 2's. This means that it tries to combine the bleak story of 1 with the situation with the NCR and certain areas as well as 2's memes (with the wild wasteland perk) and political focus. This means that factions will end up having their own political points of view that have some real ideas behind them. Fucking Caesar spits out German philisophy at you, for god's sake. On the merit of story alone, NV shits on not just the Fallout games Bethesda's made but almost their entire portfolio of games.

You wanna talk about level design, I'll talk about level design. NV's map is more condensed than 3 but it has just as many locations. The level design is more similar to Morrowind than new RPG's. You have paths with dungeon locations, settlements and other side content scattered along the way. This means you can put far more detail than you could otherwise. Ironically enough, after 600 fucking hours I still haven't explored everything in the game.

Let's talk combat. NV introduced some neat new combat features from 3 and also actual real fucking weapons. Not only that but there's plenty of special weapons too. 4 has a much more limited amount of them because of muh weapon building.

I'll finish off with this. 4 has that settlement system and it's so great that after doing raider DLC and settling raiders in the main map, nigger mayor will swear at you for one line of dialog and then act all friendly again to you because Bethesda is this incompetent.

Fuck you.

Obvious bait. Here's your (you)

Fallout NV is the best Fallout game, nostalgia-aside.

Fallout 1 while cool, is too short and the main plot and villains aren't interesting.

Fallout 2 as a whole is too lol random and the plot turns into a parody.

Fallout NV is set in a world with multiple factions with different aims and a truly diverse cast of characters with different ideologies.

And gameplay-wise, NV is the most satisfying, blowing shit up with a combat shotgun feels good.

Pretty much.

Yeah, how so? Weapon crafting is cute but not really worth the effort, homesteading is worse than any of the mods that did the same for previous games and the way they handled powerarmor is just a bad meme.

>>>/somethingawful/

Kill yourself.

I liked Fallout 3 more than Fallout: New Vegas. New Vegas just felt like a big fan mod of Fallout 3, which is essentially what it is. It doesn't help that Obsidian have this really bad pattern where they make the first 4 hours of every game mind-numbingly soul-crushingly boring. Goodsprings and Peragus II make re-playing New Vegas and Kotor II really difficult.

I played this a while ago expecting something exceptional due to all the praise, but it's pretty hard to describe what makes it different from other AAA games because it's basically the exact same thing. Follow quest marker on your radar so you can go to dungeon #52534 to collect shit and shoot at things along the way. Sometimes you run into a minigame that is based on your level instead of your skill.

There were a few more options than usual as far as what you can do with dialogue, but nothing special about it. Then there's some completely retarded shit like the Craig Boone quest where you have to find out who did a bad thing, but you can't question anyone about the information that you uncover (including undebatable evidence about who did it and exactly how) and basically have no other option than to trick someone to go be sniped by Boone.

Says a lot about the series. Some shitty spin-off of a garbage game is somehow the best in the series.

Fallout New Vegas is the only one out of the new ones that actually feels like a proper RPG. Skill-checks actually matter and there are a tonne of dialouge options and ways to do any quest or even just go through the game in general. People complaining about story are retarded, the story is up to you, you form your own narrative and it seems like you rely on Bethesdas shitty writing to get you through a game. You just have bad taste. Fallout 3 everything boiled down to "good" or "evil" there was no midway and everyone in the game would treat you the same whilst in New Vegas the reputation system was much better. I much prefer the quests in NV they all felt like individual little sci-fi short stories that did their own thing none of them were mindless and all provided a great deal of context. I also really liked how there were many hidden quests like the vaults were you didn't have a marker and were just left to explore and make your own mind up about a certain area from what you were given on the computers or something. All the bland environments can be changed with the flora and fauna overhaul mod, not sure why you wouldn't be playing with that anyway, and the map is not smaller because the inside areas are much more consistent and larger whilst also the game is much more dense and packed with NPCs that have interesting things to say and quests everywhere. The game has so many weapons and armours fallout 3 had virtually none as you would optimally be better ALWAYS having one type or kind. You even get ammo types in NV, honestly comparing fallout 3 and 4 to NV is demeaning, NV is objectively better in every way except graphics on 4 obviously. 3 and 4 are garbage, whilst I did enjoy 3 when it came out it was still early on after things like Oblivion and I hadn't got tired of it yet, when I got through NV I simply couldn't go back as it felt inferior in every single way.

It's like we didn't even play the same game.

That's the feeling I get sometimes, but I just can't see it any other way.

I had more fun when I decided that the quests and ""choices"" weren't worth my time and just went exploring alone, but after the game crashed for Nth time I quit and never finished it.

I'd say the same thing but you beat me to it.

FO3 was walk from one meme encounter to a different completely unrelated but less than a hundred meter meme encounter while some snarky negro narrates bitches at whatever you do, and that pretty much sucked. NV tried to create a narrative of you dealing with the desolation of the last legion/NC war and I can appreciate that. The problem is that the closer you get to Vegas/End the less freedom or quality there is.

The game goes on hard rails, and there's cut and halfbaked content slapping you in the face every step of the way. Goon memes and libshit up the ass don't help any.

Some people take Obsidian's "writing" far far FAR too seriously and consider anything made by the company to be a work of enlightenment, so they hang on every single line of text as if it was gospel. Say what you want about how cancerous they are, but being a drone sure is good for immersion.

Also a reminder that S.T.A.L.K.E.R is better than any Fallout game

Of course it's not. It's a completely different style of RPG as the old one. Not being top down is a big difference.
get out
wew lad. 4 is a pile of shit that wanted to have a gimmic but failed miserably.

NV is good becouse it went the tried route. Smaller map with more content and options while having good writing. Bugs are the only downside to NV, aside to general Down syndrome that Bethesda's engine is.
NV is sort of Morrowind to 3's Oblivion retardation.

The only thing that Bethesda is actually good at is making moddable sandbox games that are made good by modders.

Are you retarded?

No, that's just what happens when you parrot Holla Forums shitposts.

It's just you. Also,

For those who disagree with my opinion that FO4 has better action, the gunplay of FO4 is objectively a lot more responsive than NV and the game runs without stutters at 58 iFPS cap. Also, the scavenging is better because every item can be broken down into components, making every clutter useful.

There are a few cringeworthy memes on FO2, but when it doesn't try to shove memes up your ass, it's really funny. I love how politics doesn't play a large part in FO1 and 2, unlike NV. Political plot is always bland due to it's inevitably systematic approach. Fallout games were praised for their amusing personal interactions, not faction plot, the politics were always a subplot before NV came.

The gunplay of 4 is on par with Metro 2033, so I'd say it's pretty decent.

*worse
Seriously, STALKER games are irredeemably boring, pointless, and linear without mods.

Reduxfags go and stay go.

I've only played the Redux. Is the original better?

You for real? The original game accounts for dust particles in the air, the wind current, and clothes layers such as flak vests, overcoats, helmets, masks, armored plates or ammo packs for penetration or deflection aka if you can't aim for shit you don't kill shit. Most enemies hear a mouse pass gas from across the level and you bet your ass they'll nail yours if you step out of the shadows for a moment.

The sequel and redux play like a CoD.

I pirated the original once and it didn't work so I stayed with redux. The game's not really my cup of tea so I don't think I want to play the original.

surely you are ruising?
surly you know of the presence of ACTUAL invisible walls in FO3

Go back to >>>/reddit/ where you belong you piece of fucking trash.

That makes things worse, in my opinion. In most Bethesda games, I ignore anything unless it seems immediately useful or has a high price. This is a necessity, since the world is filled with clutter, most of it junk. In Fallout 4, if I want to craft, I have to think about every piece of clutter I come across, which is mentally exhausting. It helps that the game will automatically flag items with components that you've listed as desirable, but that only goes so far.
Also, while the gunplay is better, that's far from the priority in an RPG. The fact that the gunplay was improved, yet skills and SPECIAL mutated into just another element of the perk system, indicates to me a drastic mishandling of their design priorities.

STALKER isn't bad, just lacking in vanilla content, really lacking. Buildings are empty, enemies rarely spawn, clutters are useless, upgrades are limited, not enough side quests, uninteresting dialogues, etc. It's boring. I've had a trip to Azerbaijan once, and STALKER was just as shitty.

Just set the carry weight to maximum. As a fan of Gothic, I don't find limiting inventory to be a necessity.

That's borderline cheesing. And given how many items there are to pick up, it's also retarded.

I've seen you do this in four-five different threads and what's enough is enough. Cheese is not cheating. Cheese is usually a low effort and usually a high creative exploitation of native mechanics. For comparison munchkin, minmaxing and several other less flattering terms are high and usually way too high effort attempt to do the same.

Using Gothic 2 as an example, a cheater would go plow thru the outskirts orc with his undying character and move on in 30 seconds or less. A cheeser would get the orc stuck on geometry and pepper him with arrows or get the guards to kill him. A fucking muchkin would make sure he last hits him for the XP or alternatively he'd try his best to melee the stuck bastard because muh conserving arrows.

No, you haven't, you autist. My view isn't an uncommon one.
el oh el

you dont need to fucking do any of that, you can just walk on top of the cliffs right past all of the enemies and there is nothing they can do about it because bethesda physics

Rolling for my fifth playthrough
Also >gunplay of 4 is on par with Metro 2033
Go fuck yourself, Metro had a great engine for stealth, while on Fo4 being sneaky is an impossible task, even while sniping with a silencer

The Legion arent even Roman. Their behavior is far more like that of early Islam. Barbarism and all.