What are some other games where I can play as an evil character...

What are some other games where I can play as an evil character, which is neither chaotic stupid nor a villain-protagonist?
Like pic related for example.

Kratos is Lawful Evil (formerly NE)

He killed his family for a power boost or whatever, but he was tricked and goes on a quest for revenge against the gods themselves. Ergo, he has a strict code of honor

You are so wrong, I honestly don't even feel like typing out a whole text about how wrong you are, because you are just baiting me.

that doesn't make characters lawful, jesus

Are you fucking twelve?

Then stop making shitty threads and forcing DnD memes onto other games. As bad as Undertalefags

I'd say he's NE: his quest isn't chaotic, but he's going against the Lawful (Neutral) forces of his settings.

It's fucking obvious that he is chaotic evil though. I am not an aligmnet purist who spergs about that and thinks it's a perfect system.

But Kratos so obviously fits the bill for chaotic evil.

no

You know that Chatoic Evil doesn't mean chaotic stupid or insane, right?

How did I imply that? Kratos isn't out to destroy the world or dethrone the gods because he doesn't like them or some shit like that. He's moved by personal motives, by revenge. That's neutral.

Yeah, sure very lawful.

So if we reverse that statement then it means that chaotic people never have their own personal motives?

Cpt. Jack Sparrow is the perfect example of a chaotic neutral character and he is the definition of that.

That said I admit that I don't know many characters who are obviously neutral evil. Which do you think fall into that category?

That's not necessarily neutral. Anyone, even Lawful Good alignments, can be motivated by revenge.

The only case where something like that comes into play is with wildlife, which is de facto True Neutral simply because they lack the capacity for thought needed to make decisions of morality.

your morality compass is fucked up. Try Chaotic Neutral

Esidisi is NE

No. You can make arguments about his stance on the Law morality scale, but he is, without a single fucking doubt, Evil.

Kratos is chaotic evil, he killed EVERYTHING

literally who?

What if he lived in a society of people like himself? Then hed be a regular ol joe and that would be the normal and theyd have a different stance on good vs evil

Basically you cannot apply real world conventions to fictitious societies

Reported

muh jojo reference

This argument is idiotic. Good, Evil, Law, and Chaos are all defined constants in the D&D universe, even if those constants are sometimes poorly defined. Living in a town where the law is to steal from your neighbor does not suddenly make stealing Lawful. Stealing in such a way may be within the town's laws, but that does not make it within the bounds of Law, because Law is a defined and constant value. If we're going to apply D&D morality to a character, it has to be based on D&D morality. It's the same with Evil.

Which is why Kratos is undoubtedly Evil. He murders without remorse, sometimes without even reason. Every act he takes is purely to advance his own goals without any consideration to the needs or wants of others around him. He dooms an entire world just for the sake of his revenge. He's Evil.

anime-only fag detected, leave.

Overlord?

If you were lawful and lived in that town, you would be obligated to steal.

Otherwise I'd impose an xp penalty on your character for not role playing it correctly.

Im waiting for part 8s next volume go fuck yourself

VtMB, you can be pretty damn evil in that game

Then call him ACDC faggot. The localized names are trash.

Who would call "ACDC" by "Esidisi" other than a faggot whose first interaction with the series was the cucked localized subs or newer games?

Esidisi is what Horriblesubs used so?
Same as the fighting games

No, but I'm talking about the main drive of the character.
Mostly I see Kratos as Neutral because he's in for himself, in a setting like Greek Mythology where the Law/Chaos axis is well defined (Gods vs. Titans and shiet).
I made a tentative scheme that may clarify my position.

No Villain Protagonists please.

It's hillariously bad.
Did those subs guys also use names like Shining Diamond and Deadly Queen?

One of the cool things about Jojo was that it had these absurd naming conventions after music stuff that already existed for stands and characters, which resulted in metal as fuck names and direct musical counterparts/references for most stuff. This shit is sadly lost when localizing the names because it's a wonder they existed in japanese in the first place. If unofficial subs aren't using the original names they're missing a good opportunity.

They absolutely did.

Also the fuck is difference between evil main character and villain protagonist?
Isn't it the same thing.

define evil, dumbasses.

Kratos killed his family and became white. Does that count?

so, he's benevolent?

what colour was he before?

I don't think Kratos was really evil, he was just warped by the society he lived in and by years of being taken for a foolish spartan warrior wielding two magic swords. He had a pretty hard life, even considering the mischaracterization between games due to each having different directors.
>has no good reason to live for anymore. War and conquest were just his nationalistic "duty".
By the way, is there any JUST edit of Kratos?

Kratos is no hero, but all the bullshit he pulled is certainly understandable. He didn't kill people just to get his sick kicks from and/or fulfill his goals in a "I don't give a shit" selfish way, he was so out of touch with mankind / life itself, had lost his humanity and was so obsessed with revenge and guilt for so many years that the thought of others' needs, wellbeing or anything never even crossed through his mind to begin with.
Notice how as soon as he completes his vengeance and his mind is cleared he actually fucking looks around and thinks "oh shit I just ruined everyone's lives". And right after realizes Athenea was also tricking him, then kills himself as a final fuck you to the gods and a little "I'm sorry" to the rest. Also, notice how once Pandora reminds him of her daughter he slightly recovers some of that humanity and turns more protective.

Every time I see people shitting on Kratos for being a badly written character "because he's a mad retard" my autism gets fucking triggered, because of all the valid reasons you have to criticize him you had to pick the WRONG one.

Mediterranean, the whitest of whites.

Rather like the set up for the new game.

I know a lot of people really think that games going to be shit. For the character though it's a good redemption story that fits in with is arch and it's a great father story that we don't get to many of ever.

Looking forward to it.

Lots of video games are about fathers.

Evil people can have lovers and even friends too.

Sounds like a good enough written character who wasn't created with the premise to create a chaotic evil progatonist then.

Just so you know, we aren't shitting on a character for calling them evil.

this thread was interesting, anyone got something to add?

Things I don't like.

Prototype

I HATE how they ruined Kratos perfect ending in GoW1 with every single fucking sequel

Speaking of villains… The only game with a great tier villain I can think of at the top of my head would be Alexander from Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

I remember how the SJeWs had a meltdown when it came out

Sareth is pretty fucking evil, most of the time.
Jimmy is a fucking asshole always trying to be the tough guy.

Explain, he doesn't really come across as evil in his dialouge.

3 out of 4 endings in the game involve him taking over the world with his demonic powers. It's not his dialogue, but his actions.

The idea that the Law component of D&D alignment means "you follow the local laws obsessively wherever you are" is absurd and any DM who does bullshit like this should be gassed. If you're lawful, you adhere to the laws and traditions of your society or order, not just any arbitrary one you happen to find yourself in at the time. You won't go against it just for the sake of going against it, but where there is an actual conflict your people's laws take priority. If a Paladin finds himself in a town that's devoted to an evil god and legally requires everyone staying there to participate in a child sacrifice once a week, that Paladin is not only not obligated to do that, he is duty-bound to smite the fuck out of the high priest, cast down the altars, and drive out the cult.

This is true. With Paladins they obey the laws of their particular God. Otherwise they lose their powers.

Here's what you do. You take the alignment system and hold it in your hands, careful not to drop it. Start walking, and begin to hum a song. Do you know where you're walking? The alignment system does, and as you hum it will guide you. As you get closer to your unknown destination, transition from humming to singing, growing louder and more intense with each step. Now you are at your destination. Not quite a river but more than a stream. place a tender kiss on the alignment system's forehead as you lower to your knees. Gently, place the alignment system in the water. Shed a tear as the water wrests it from your hands. Sing a different song as the alignment system floats downstream. You learned so much from the alignment system, and you're full of fear from the uncertainty it's absence will bring. As you watch the alignment system become a speck on the horizon, afraid to even blink for worry of missing it's final departure, you will feel a warmth inside like you have never felt. The alignment system is gone but you are still there. Everything seems right for a moment, as you know deep down that you will never forget the alignment system you loved so much, and that you have the strength within yourself to press on, to learn, to love, and to live.

IIRC the ending if you choose the skull for yourself says that it's ambigious whether he will use it for personal gain or whatever

Yet Esidisi, Wamuu, and Kars actually look like names, as opposed to random letters.

OP is either splitting hairs or baiting us.

Are you fucking retarded
They're exactly the same thing, but one is spelled with one different letter and the other is spelled with a retarded phonetically transcribed jap accent

Considering his name can be translated as Power in the raw and primordial sense, it's probably best to view him as true Neutral.

Zeus is lawful good. Remember he grants clemency to EVERYBODY. The Titans, Prometheus, Kronos, once cosmic order has been obtained. Even Metis survives through her transmutation into Athena. The "lol Zeus rapist" argument is childish and reddit-tier. All those stories about Zeus fucking random women and things are a byproducts of bringing together all the disparate cthonic goddess cults that existed before the bronze age collapse.

That argument would work for the Kratos that appears in Prometheus Bound, for a video game character not so much.

Speaking of Prometheus Bound, that's where Zeus shows his lawful but not so good side ("he's being kind of an asshole, but he's the king of the gods, so what can you do"). Also in Pandora's myth, where the gift of fire gets us literally all kinds of evils from Zeus in retribution.
He's definitely a force of order but he bestows both blessings and curses upon humanity.
As for the rape thing, it doesn't do him any favors but it's not the main reason. Also the meta-reasons don't matter, he did what he did and that's how he was in the Greeks' minds. For them, a lawful good omnipotent ruler would have meant a perfect, blissful existence, which they knew they hadn't.

Why do I have a feeling that's something dirty?

THE GUY COULD TRAVEL THROUGH TIME AT THE END OF GOD OF WAR 2. THERE WAS LITERALLY NOTHING STOPPING HIM FROM GOING BACK IN TIME AND SAVING HIS FAMILY.

It's not the gift of fire that causes Pandora, but rather that Prometheus fucked Zeus out of the better parts of the sacrifice.

No, the sacrifice jewery was why Zeus withheld fire from men, and when Prometheus stole that too, he unleashed evil (and women). At least that's how it goes in Hesiod's works.

without women it would be really gay

Spotted the barbarian fag.

Kratos is evil, he literally triggers an apocalyptic scenario because he didnt like how one of the Gods treated him after signing the pact with him in the first place

How the fuck are you going to play as anyone but the protagonist?

Hello user, did I ever claim anything to the contrary? :)

The original Dungeon Keeper.

D&D alignments are shit and just generally put a limit on realistic characters.

what is realistic character according to you ?

The good-evil dichotomy in D&D has a lot of problems. If you played it straight, good characters would never survive. Example: Big Bad has a hostage. You can fight him (knowing the hostage will die) or you can give yourself up in the hostage's place, pretty much ensuring your doom. A good character is pretty much forced to give themselves up, even knowing it only makes things worse for everyone later. Choices you make for the greater good could lead you to drop alignment.

Though to be fair, that's kind of an interesting way to pop the naivety cherry of a person/character.

Anyway this only tends to be a problem if your DM has a stick up their ass. DMs need to allow player agency or the game blows.

To je poslednja serija koju sam ocekivao da vidim ovde.

One who does not have to match up to a pretty narrow definition on an alignment chart and isn't penalised for not sticking to it. Humans are complicated people user, how they act and think can vary wildly for any number of reasons. I mean if you just want to use alignment as a loose guide go for it but the lines are pretty blurry if you aren't playing one-dimensional fucking paladins all day.

Pretty much this. There are also huge issues with how you interpret neutrality (all must be in balance vs I don't care about things either way unnecessarily vs I don't care about anything that isn't my short-term prosperity).
If it's well thought out and they aren't penalised for it sure.
Agreed, but then there's really little need for alignments in that case.

proof you've never even played the game

this is a perfectly valid critique. although from a gameplay perspective, Kratos already fought like a hundred versions of himself at the end of GoW1, so I can understand them going a different way

KIDF get the fuck out

Not an argument. :^)

Kratos is evil, deal with it Todd.