End up with a Copy of SFV for free

Hes one of the weakest characters and i essentially need to let myself die to get the Vtrigger and have any hopes of doing respectable damage, any combo or setup requires twice the input and his recovery is aids while any other braindead character can just take a third of my health with babbyinputs despite my knowing exactly what they are going to do decades in advance but "NoOptionslol"

Am i missing something, some tech or Bread and butter secretcombo? (ive been playing this game for almost a month and have only encountered one other Bison player)

Is this game worth the effort?

Will Bison be getting a Buff anytime soon?

Please Help

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/SF4/comments/69w7y6/why_dont_more_people_return_to_sf4_instead_of/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Whatever you say DSP

No.

didn't mean to hurt your feelings user

Nope.

i just want to play a good fightinggame with a thriving community….

Learn block strings and pressure faggot

Well KOF XIV isn't out on PC yet so unless you got a PS4 you need to keep looking.
If you're desperate, just get Fightcade.

TOP KEK YOU FUCKING SCRUB EVERY FUCKING JAP HAS HIM IN TOP 8

It's not worth your time or your money. Most of the time you'll find people who only play it because of E-Sports or because their friends play it. Go play KoF 14 or GG Xrd instead.

this thread is about M bison as a character and the current state of SFV user…

You talk about Bison as a character and ask if the game is worth it. That can just be discussed on the general.

Just play KOF nigga

Pick up any new fighter at release and you'll get exactly that for about a month before they all get bored and move on to the next one you'll have to shell out $60 for, sometimes just a super edition of the game you were already playing. I feel sorry for anybody who likes the genre, you probably get jewed the hardest out of anybody else in this hobby.

everything you said in the OP could've been a post in the fighting game thread. You still wouldn't gotten shit for playing SFV though.

That depends on what your definition of a "thriving community" is. Fightans, a 1v1 format, don't need the same population density as other games to have a decent player pool but the overall expertise level can get out of hand if you're a new player. There's quite a lot of games that have communities that look dead but you can get matches very quickly regardless, if you know where to go to ask for them.

If by "thriving community" you mean "constant influx of low-level shitters to feed on" then probably only mainline new Capcom and NRS games will fit your definition.

You got ripped off user.

>If by "thriving community" you mean "constant influx of low-level shitters to feed on"

HEH

i just get bored facing the same opponents
and begging for matches on forums for the older games can be a pain
Ideally a game with a larger playebase and also large pool of skilled players and a long lifespan would be great.
That being said
What initially drew me to SFV was purely the numbers but that isn't working out so well for me the game has turned out Pretty shallow compared to its predecessors and its likely that the only thing keeping it afloat is twitch/Esports shit as opposed to inherent quality

Just because the Japanese hold a lukewarm opinion of Bison that doesn't make him a viable character

nope
meta is fucked up and difference in viability is too much between each character to be interesting.

Bison is mid tier. You need to learn positioning and pressure.
You'll also need to learn how to anti-air without anti-airs. Air-to-air and crouching lp are your only hopes.
You'll die to people that just block and abuse your character weaknesses.

Just play Urien. Necalli if you want the same style of character.

this game takes zero effort, you're just shit.
still a shit game, but for reasons you can't see coz you're so shit

What effort?

Play USF4 instead. It's the best and most accessible fighting game of all time and singlehandedly not only saved the genre from irrelevance but established it as a non-niche spectator eSport.

SFV is an unsalvageable bungle and should be abandoned. Buy it to support Capcom if you want, but play USF4 instead so they know how they fucked up.

Anyone who says otherwise is a fanboy, elitist, or autist who just wants to see animu panties in Melty Blood.

That's not what that says at all. What it says to them is that you're a good goy who will buy any game with the Street Fighter name, no matter its quality, even if you prefer a different one.

This is the stupidest logic ever. You don't "support" a company just because; you buy their products and services because you think those individual products or services are good. Buying something of low quality just to support a business simply encourages them not to put effort into making quality goods.

sfv is so bad that cross counter was losing viewers and now focuses on smash bros.

Saw that shit coming tbh

just play alpha or cvs2 bison, they're actually good and the netcode is better
the good players are only there because there's dosh involved, don't play sfv if you're not gonna get paid to do so

You're the autist that hates 2D sprites aren't you?

When will this very forced meme die?

Watch, as soon as capcom finally axes SFV and puts the series on ice again you'll get tons of idiots saying "FIGHTING GAMES ARE DEEEEEAAAADDDD"

Why would you get bored fighting the same opponents? Having a rivalry with someone is where the real fun is at.

Bruh I got just the game for you.

SF4 is not perfect. The 3d models are fugly & low-res but it's at least a complete game rather than SFV which is still UNFINISHED
reddit.com/r/SF4/comments/69w7y6/why_dont_more_people_return_to_sf4_instead_of/

That's VEGA-sama to you

This.
Disregard the tryhard hipsters, USF4 is a fantastic game that's both deep and accesible.
The copypasted anime fighter hipsters almost killed the whole genre but there is no denying how it was revitalized by SF4 no matter how big your Capcom hateboner is.

Come on, at least try to pretend that you aren't samefagging.

Nobody actually liked SF4 since it's a clunky, overshaded piece of shit pretending to be SF2, the only reason why anyone played was because it was in 3D.

No, the only reason people played it was because online. If 3D was the reason; pic related would have been more popular since it's the best Street Fighter game with 3D

I feel like a newfag for asking this but who is this semen demon?

Only worked for Tekken 3, online is a given for normalfags.

Still looked much better than SF4's vomit inducing art direction and design.

SF4 really is fucking ugly.

Fightcade exists.

its a mix between a reaction image and the amazon from dragon's crown

Purple Psycho Power is Perfect!

Bump

Bump

SF4 is extremely moddable as well.
All it needs is a Project M type of initiative to clean up the graphics and nurf Elena and Rose.
Then it will truly be #1.

Oy vey someone deserves a good goy award.

DSP please go home and kill yourself

Is this game worth the effort?
No

>anyone that criticises Anything about Any fighting game is now DSP

keep them auts in check kiddo.

You have to go back to whatever replaced Club Penguin

Mod this

I want to bully poppo!