Mecha Thread - Respect the Robot Edition

Okay faggots, how about you actually play some actual Mecha and start respecting the robot!

tribesuniverse.com/

mediafire.com/file/rzhzll2pbczdcm3/Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries MP3.1 v0.93HD.exe
MW4 Merc Campaign with Mekpak 3.1 and HD assets. Will dig around for full MW4 torrent and MW3 later
Mekpak 4 Never Ever due to PGI

mechlivinglegends.net/
Project restarted as a big fuck you to PGI

mediafire.com/file/ve7rvoixngkpabw/AT1.7z
Project killed due to PGI

mediafire.com/file/ap2y4a2088brk4n/bt_game_50.zip
Made in Blender Engine, looks like shit, actually plays mechanically well

nogutsnogalaxy.net/MCG/Mechcommander_Gold.rar
Mount the iso on a disc or virtual disk drive, copy all the game files over to your harddrive, create a shortcut to MCX.exe and enable the following: Run in compatibility mode for Windows 95, Run in 256 colors, Disable desktop composition and Run program as Administrator.

hard-light.net/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=92fd84b579758ae464b99e2bf7edfe5d&topic=93310.0
Is a modded MC2, I'll look around for MC2 vanilla later

megamek.org/
Needs some autism to play

mediafire.com/file/k66fcb9ubyhypc7/WindowsNoEditor.zip
Needs a gamepad to play

That's it for just now, I will find downloads for more mecha games later and update when I can.

Other urls found in this thread:

gloverzz.net/2013/01/ultimate-knight-windom-xp.html
moddb.com/mods/extreme-vs-full-boost-mod
clancoyote.com/main/
youtu.be/i2T3EGEZOxk?t=13m25s
moddb.com/mods/mechcommander-omnitech
reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/6a9nr8/jayfresh_is_on_the_mountain_dew_twitch_stream/dhctabq/
youtube.com/embed/SphyQ4_yRKM
youtube.com/embed/-wXJHhHaFsk
youtube.com/embed/uosu_Z2R6rg
archive.is/H1GSy
gematsu.com/2017/05/gundam-versus-adds-hi-v-gundam-slave-wraith-gelgoog-high-maneuver-model
twitter.com/AnonBabble

robutts

In b4 this thread devolves into fetish fuel.

>>>/clang/
For the love of God, please leave one mecha thread alone.

The last mecha thread didn't seem to go anywhere. Maybe try it again when the IRL mech duel finally happens.

Anyway, what weapons and movement systems would you guys put on your mech if you had one? I'd probably go for a mech with treads on the backs of its legs so it can sit down and become a tank, and load it up with missiles, machine guns and a bucket-wheel excavator. It'd probably end up a lot like Engels from NieR: Automata, except more reasonably sized. Is there any game that'll let me make this?

Can we just stop and give a big thumbs up to op for not being a faggot?
Nice selection you got there. Any mech/mecha games conning out soon?

Do more action oriented games like Custom Robo or Gundam Versus count?

mechwarrior 5, but its pgi so there only an 70% chance of it being shit

are u a robot controlled by a person? if so, it's a mecha game

im waiting for any new mech game to come out on pc tbh. project nimbus looks kinda okay, and dual gear is just valkyria choronicles with a mech skin

Why isn't anyone making a patch for Giren's Greed?

because we can't have nice things

Yes..we need an English patch for Gihren's Greed..seriously though, why didn't they just translate the text. Pretty sure it's not that expensive, right?

Any other cool games? I'm watching GaoGaiGar atm and loving it.

Well, there's Brave Saga.

There's Project Windom, which is doujin Gundam Versus for PC with mechs named after various operating systems. What's real cool is that you can make and/or download custom pilots (the three that come with the game are all real photos of cats), with their own voice clips and everything. There's also M.A.V., which is basically supposed to be Chromehounds for PC.

I want any sort of resurrection of brave series so fucking bad.

feels bad man

At least I can lessen my sorrow with the knowledge that I have the kit for it. Then it grows when I remember there's no MG kit and probably never will be.

Daily reminder that PGI does not respect the robot!
I still remember them going after MegaMeks

There aren't many outright super robot games out there but if you can emulate it RAD is fairly solid.

Everything about that episode exists to make people angry. Fairly sure even the nips, despite their eternal shit tastes, hated that one.

Shame threads like these usually get ignored then later in a share thread anons start begging for the games that OP delivers

Is WindowsNoEditor an Ultimate Knight Windom game?
If not, here's Ultimate Knight Windom XP
gloverzz.net/2013/01/ultimate-knight-windom-xp.html

And here's a decent mod for it.
moddb.com/mods/extreme-vs-full-boost-mod

UKWXP is god tier but that abomination is not a "decent" mod, it's a half-assed clusterfuck of mods stolen from closed chinese forums that don't even fit together quality-wise, let alone compatibility-wise.
Good luck playing arcade mode from start to finish without crashing/freezing/launching your mom to the moon with that shit.

Gundam Breaker 3

Be glad there's no MG kit for it, because it would've had to use the old MG ZZ as a base, and that was a pretty bad kit, even at the time of its release. Maybe that might change when the Ver. Ka hits, but I highly doubt it.

It's a MG that really needs a 2.0 release.

It's not in Gundam Breaker 3. Only things from Tryhard that are in the game are the three main character suits (holdovers from the second game) and the Scramble Gundam (from DLC 2). You could probably use a shitload of Builders Parts to fake it, though.

I FUCKING LOVE ARMORED CORE

ME TOO!
Which one is your favorite?

My favourite is the upcoming main installment which will kill the franchise!

Nobody knows what game From is working on next, it probably isn't AC.
AC5/ACVD already killed the series, anyway.

Mechwarrior Living Legends

ACVD is damn good, shut your whore mouth.

Also Miyazaki himself says he's working on 3 games, one being AC.

AC5/VD being multiplayer focused is what killed it.
They should return to PS2 era formula honestly, just up the resolution and you're good.

Zeon is always best

VD has quite a focus on SP though.

But when Miyazaki gets back on helm, you should have 4A level of campaign again.

He asked for the PS2 formula, though, not the PS3 one.

Meh, I prefer 4A 2fast2furious.

You never had me, you never had your NEXT!

GIHREN DID NOTHING WRONG

THAT WAS THE SHIT
I want to go back in time and play it again with my memory wiped.

Last Raven is still my favorite, though nostalgia may be a factor in that. I need to find my PS2 and give it another playthrough.

Please have respect for yourself, user.

Do you not like what you see?

You call that lewd? I'll show you lewd!

Mah nigga.

Holy shit user, better remove that or Canada will start suing the internet for illicit content.

Let Canada come, I have a rake!

Don't touch me you freak

Just had a thought, what ever happened to OP? Do you think Comstar took him out over distributing Lostech?
Daily Reminder Comstar are Jews

No one was offering to.

thank god

…fuck it, I don't care what people say but Musashi's last stand against the Dinos is and always will be one of the best deaths in anime. Almost nothing can top it.

My nigga. It's been years since I've played that shit.

I miss days of Planetary Leagues in MW4, especially when they were combined with RPG mechanics.
If you have no idea I'll give a summary of shit that went on.
Overall it was pretty autistic but fun. Also meant you found a lot of variety and cause of the "funds" system meant you wouldn't face a Lyran Recon Lance all the time. On the rare occasion that it did happen if you manage to cripple them that unit would be pretty much eliminated from the campaign since they would be unable to bring new mechs onto the field due to wasting all their cbills.

Used to produce some good and interesting gameplay and campaigns. There is one example that will stick out.

Makes me sad that most of the people I used to play with are now all in the grave.

Okay anons, modern mecha games. What is there coming out? Someone must be respecting the robot. Don't say fucking MW5, PGI can suck my balls

FromSoft are making another AC, I believe.

From are doing Armored Core again, apparently. Also something about space robot ninjas. And Capcom is bringing back Lost Planet in all but name.
That's it.

Titanfall1 has a few hundred players still but you have to buy it from the origin of judaism

Too bad it'll be another PS exclusive, helping stifle and divide any remnants of AC/mecha fans still alive that haven't forgot that mecha game genre exists.
There are no fun/good co-op or squad-based mecha games on PC.

All I want is Armored Core 2 squad teamplay (5-8 players) where missions require infiltration into deep zones (be it ground-subterannean-sky-towers-subsea-space_stations-space_elevators) and take more than 10 minutes to complete. Surely with engines easily made today a JP fan would have made such a thing, but no.

Pic is unrelated, but atleast it put you in a squad and you could boost around the map exploring as a team leader, searching for enemies and ordering your ally to do whatever on the map.

I've been hearing the exact opposite. That both their major projects are multiplatform and the third one- the VR thing is one that's actually exclusive to PSVR.

Couldn't we do mw4 multiplayer with gay ranger?
Thetes also mechwarrior LL but still. You fags could suggest it for game night.

Silent Line bestest

Will it be Armored Souls?

Kek, didn't read that wall of text then actually read through it. I actually heard about that shit happening about a decade ago, at least in terms of the autism play with MWLeagues. Supposedly it was a lot of fun while it lasted. Never got to play it at the time

Think people do still play MW4 with Goyim Ranger.

Is 100ft Robot Golf any good?

Myazaki has stated they are done with Souls or anything similar for the foreseeable future. Also how in the fuck would that even work?

Last Raven second bestest. Also you are my nigga.

No idea but think they would find a way. And it's something I'd fear happening

Sweet.
What the fuck is wrong with you?

EA doesn't like anything with quality. It showed with the recently leaked Tiberium footage. Which incidently would have been a FPS/RTS Hybrid where you got to command Mecha Units

I like the maps better in 1 and there are fewer things that do aiming for you where as in 2 there is pilot sentry, titan sentry, smart core, tracker rocket and they still brought back the sp although only as a boost. Plus I don't like faze shit, 3rd person executions and amped weapons. And Spyglass is not an available faction leader. I also unironically like the campaign from the first game.

Nigga, don't remind of that shit. I'm still fucking platinum mad about it. Shit looked like the second coming of Republic Commando.

I just hope the little we know about EA "encouraging" Respawn to expand the franchise into a free-to-play Korean something-or-other isn't a dark cloud on the horizon.

Dude, TF1 let you have the smart pistol at all times. The sentries are deployables; they don't aim for you. Tracker rockets are the payoff to (an admittedly stupidly easy to set up) combo, and smart core is a core ability.

Too late, time for feels!

Too bad Titanfall is locked behind EA.

Fuck I want this, fuck the pvp shit.

Why not? We used it for joint ops and starwars battlefront. Its pretty easy to set up.

I didn't say it was hard. Just saying it actually exists already
clancoyote.com/main/

Yeah, it's a shame. I wish Respawn could have found a better publisher; the series has a lot of freedom to do whatever they want in future updates or sequels.

The maps have more places to break line of sight against smart pistol. I mean the sentries aim for you in that you don't have to tell them where they shoot since they can do that themselves. You can kill rodeo pilots with a cluster missle against a wall and that still exists in titanfall 2. Also you can just bait them to jump off early or dash into an ally's smoke since even the ogres have one dash. And scorch is so sad since he tries so hard but it doesn't even matter. The biggest thing that fills out titanfall 1 battles is that the game spawns a lot more ai units and more often. Also there are no reapers to block my path and get me killed by my own flame traps. Spyglass is still missing.

Respawn is the owner of the IP so I think they could just find another publisher and resell the games. I don't know who they should go to though. Would you play the korean f2p titanfall?

I still don't think it would have done well without EA honestly. But know it's cult following would probably be stronger

Microsoft did the marketing for the first game and EA didn't do any for the second. They should have asked some other company that doesn't have the reputation of destroying development companies.

I think they still have to finish their star wars game before they can leave.

youtu.be/i2T3EGEZOxk?t=13m25s

EA actually making another Star Wars game? Didn't EAFront do poorly overall, or didn't meet expectations to be exact?

I guess butthole front did well enough for a sequel but respawn was contracted to make a separate star wars game not related to DICE's game.

So we may actually get a good Star Wars game?

It will be released one week before butthole front two in order destroy the last remnants of the respawn loyalists. Don't hope for anything good even if the game is.

Can't spell mistake without EA

Will it be a Star Wars Walker Game?

OP, you're a fine gentleman.

Musashi is a real man

Best clan weeb mech (and all of Battletech).

Also OP you dumb shit you forgot the best free Mech Commander game. Next time you make a thread add MechCommander Omnitech you faggot.

moddb.com/mods/mechcommander-omnitech

They can do it if it's set during the clone wars, for any timeline after that they only are capable of recycling ep4-6 like in the feminist awakens. But they will probably do that so they can cheaply reuse mechanics from the games they have made previously.

In a stream with the respawn community manager, the developers said they will not separate the balance changes for PC and Console in Titanfall 2

reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/6a9nr8/jayfresh_is_on_the_mountain_dew_twitch_stream/dhctabq/

youtube.com/embed/SphyQ4_yRKM

youtube.com/embed/-wXJHhHaFsk

youtube.com/embed/uosu_Z2R6rg

I thought ACV's multiplayer stuff looked interesting but I never played it, what made it so bad?

You are complete fucking cancer, you are beyond the definition of complete cancer actually. You are that guy that brings all the cheese builds and OP shit and wonder why nobody wants to play with you.
Get the fuck out.

Wouldn't that just be Macross but without the pop-idol shit.

Filtered.

Well any anons know much about Dual Gear? Apparently it's a Real Time/Turned Based Tactics Hybrid. No idea how that works at all but apparently there's a demo kicking around somewhere.

So Valkyria Chronicles but with mechs? Might be cool.

Nothing could turn me off more so quickly.

That looks pretty neat
Even the mech designs are alright

I have never seen such a string of words destroy something so quickly. I mean why? It actually looked promising till that.

U mad cuck?

Holy fucking hell you are retarded as fuck. The OP did link MechCommander Omnitech. How about you actually look at his links before jumping to conclusion

Oh wait you're a Large Pulse Clanfag, yeah GTFO.

Well okay then. I bet you're a fucking furry as well

You're literally "That guy" from /tg/ aren't you?

Op is still a faggot for not stating that he is linking everyone to Mechcommander Omnitech.

Is this freebirth toad triggered knowing that most IIC mechs are just literally better versions of their IS counterparts?

IS butt hurt purist detected.

Holy shit you're literally are "That Guy" that everyone refuses to play with and are too autistic to acknowledge it.
And no, you're the faggot for not actually checking the links after OP literally just linked all said games.
tl;dr fucking kill yourself.

>>>/reddit/

Any good mecha actions games that I can play? Everything seems to be japanese exclusive.

I'll suck your dick faggot

ZoE is good.
It's a Japanese game, yes, but it was released in the west as well.

Get to it, then.

I guess I can replay that, thank you user.

I recently was introduced to this franchise via super robot wars V where are probably my favorite bunch of mechs to use. I love how high on justice they are.

What terrible new meme is this?

Anyone remember Chromehounds?

Well that just proves you have shit taste

I found this. What should I expect? Is it good? Any tips?

It's alright, but it runs off the GBO engine. Everything looks nice. There is that one PS3 title I forget the name where the suits have regional damage and even the wepaons can be destroyed

Cum over the case and photo it.

1. Open it up
2. Throw it in the trash
3. Download the superior originals and their appropriate emulators
4. Have fun

So…Super Sentai finally made it into an SRW game. Yes, it's X-Omega…

I think this thread needs /clang/

Now all we need are some magical girls.

..Fuck no.

Like I said..drawing the line at fucking Idolmaster being present in an SRW game.

But it's already in it. They just called it Macross for some reason.

Classic and Plus isn't Magical Girl..the less said about 7 and Frontier..the better.

Yo didn't say magical girl, you said Idolmaster.

AC1 is the best game (or really best gen) in the series, and aside from some lacking balancing and no overboost, it actually offers a lot of the good aspects of the games that come AFTER it including the 4th and 5th gens. And the only things gen 3 has going for it is that it's the culmination of 6 to 8 years of constant rebalancing, and it has the best mech designs overall (though some set ups in ACfA are just drop dead gorgeous) and highest part count as of LR.

Also, I just want to mention Nineball is a punk bitch, and the hardest part of that mission was the gay ass platforming section. It's like, take that ladder section from MGS3 people go on about, except add lasers constantly poking you and add the most annoying enemies in the game, and remove the ladder and replace it with a bunch of fucking constantly moving blocks. It's just a nightmare.

As much as I liked the designs in ACfA, I thought they clashed too much with one another for me to really like the look of a mech with mixed parts. Especially when you mix in the ones that already look a bit odd on their own, like the cyborg's NEXT.

Maybe From will do a Gundam game instead that will finally NOT BE FOR THE FUCKING PLAYSTATION

Well, that's why I phrased my statement the way I did. A lot of the individual sets look cool and some part combinations completely stomp the shit out of any other gen for sheer aesthetics, but most parts just didn't look good together when mixed. But that's hardly surprising when you've got 3 (Yuzo Kojima, Chromehounds guy, and Metal Wolf Chaos guy!) different designers contributing designs, and nobody running clean up to make sure those designs mesh well together. And the end result is that from OgACs 2 main design styles (culminating in Mirage and Crest), gen 4 actually has 6 to 7 design styles instead, each style with only 1 or 2 sets committed to it, and even if it is company with 2 mechs they might not mix due to having different designers (Hogire and Lancel both Rosenthal, by Y.Kojima and CH guy respectively).

And of course, the solution was to use the two most one note mech designers out of the lot (CH guy and MWC guy), and have gen 5 have 1.25 styles, instead of 2 like the original games. This resulted in some of the fugliest and laziest designs in AC. I've seen them compared to Front Mission mechs, but that's an insult to Front Mission designs.

Personally, I like the idea of expanding on the number of main design styles, but 6 to 7 is obviously overkill. They should've kept the original 2 styles and added a 3rd or a 4th.

That has more to do with Gundam being a solidly JP market franchise than anything. If Gundam were as popular now as it was in the late 90s/ early 2000s, I'm sure we would see more of the high quality jp PS4 only releases make it over here with an additional PC release with Denuvo.

Wonder what are the chances of another successful import of Gundam would be. Any clue on what was the last successful American Gundam was?

Probably was only as successful as a Musou game is here in the states, since the last one for the west was Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn, the 4th game in that series.

They are trying again with a West release of Gundam Versus in the fall though.

Doesn't count

Why, you want it on the 3DS instead?

The namefagging was a temporarily forced thing Mark did earlier, everyone's posts were being given that name for a while.

No excuse.

k Also it is weird as fuck hearing anything besides Ikeda coming out of Char's mouth

I actually like some of the ACV/VD designs, like the one they used on the cover of VD and the Chief design, but a lot of the parts are just the same shit with shit welded on.

I just want a solid pc port to play, truth be told, but that's just me. I don't want to buy another fucking console, I already got plenty of others and emulators for the ones I don't have anymore.

The English dub is actually pretty solid considering how aged it is.

I am actually more used to the 0079 and Zeta Gundam dubs thanks to Gundam vs Zeta. I have "Its all over if they fire at the Titan's fleet" and "You wouldn't have died if you hadn't gotten close to me" burned into my brain from a good hundred or so hours of that game.

Not going to happen, the most you can hope for is emulation of whatever system. Even Falcom doesn't make PC shit much if at all anymore except in foreign markets, it's pretty much a doujin/eroge/MMO console.

All I know about Gundam dubs is their hilarious attempt to rewrite Amuro to give him more of an attitude when Bright slapped him.

To be fair, even the spin off Gundam parody series had his famous phrase for the ending credits be, "You've slapped me twice, not even my father has hit me before!" and considering young punk who has a lot of growing up to do in WAR is a staple of the early Gundam, I wouldn't say there was too much rewriting

No it isn't you nigger face. It's noticeably deadpan and wooden. It's also not that "aged"; it was dubbed in 2004.

To be fair, I didn't exactly watch the entire show in English, but the scene I saw was almost entirely rewritten.

AND YET THERE ARE STILL NOTHING BUT SHIT MMOS RIGHT NOW

Sorry you feel that way fam, I guess it's just more bearable for me than the English dubs I've been forced to hear in recent memory it was a friend's computer with the same grating female voices on a bunch of different harem anime. Didn't know it was dubbed in the 2000's.

Well that's a given, MMOs are shit by definition.

I know man, but I mean at least something even if it's only middling success commercially. It shouldn't be tough to find an MMO that at least is fun

MMOs are unfun by definition though.

Okay, which one of you faggots did this?
archive.is/H1GSy

What's the news on the Battletech game being published by Paradox?

WE WUZ MECHWARRIORS N SHIT!

What's even the point?

gematsu.com/2017/05/gundam-versus-adds-hi-v-gundam-slave-wraith-gelgoog-high-maneuver-model

MUH DICK

Okay anons what Faction ? and why is the only right answer Steiner?
Also what is happening with:
WE WUZ MECHWARRIORS!

What is windows no editor?
Cant find any info on it online.
Also nice Dubs

I think it's that one tech-demo thing that's basically Armored Core 4 multiplayer with a selection of prebuilt mechs.

Project is still going by the way, but the dev moved away from kiketube and is niconico. Lost link to his twitter sadly so don't have latest build. Last I heard he added in bots

the R-Jara is a very nicely designed suit

Does that still require a proxy?

It's like Poetry.

The JP one still needs it. The Taiwanese one doesn't.

Take it ping is terrible?

Did OP die?

Comstar eliminated him for distributing lostech.

Did a whole bunch of posts get deleted?

Probably 8ch went down and cache didn't load correctly. After you post then they reappear.

Yes

Remember to archive this thread in his memory!

I just started getting the feeling to play some Zoids games. Was Zoids Saga 1 ever fan translated? If so, does anyone have the file? My googlefu is failing.

TW? yeah it's more rubberbandy than JP. I stopped playing the TW version because of it. Solely back to JP

Dom Cold climate type is nice, netgun just tells Hyaku Shiki and FAZZ faggots that it's time to die

Thought something like this would do well in the West. It looks fun

When?

Not really, the west by and large hates "unrealistic mecha".

putting up a buddy's video of the game to show you what it plays like. Originally it was more stompy but the game got reworked before open beta due to the inclusion of water and space maps.

I think that is also why we don't see much of "realistic mecha" in the west. Its hard to make that gameplay fun for very long without doing sectional damage imo. Granted, it is also disappointing that very few faster mech games don't do the same; its a nice feature.

It's confirmed that it will be at E3

Any chance of heavy gear not sucking?

Well, it's by the guys that did the MekTek mod for MechWarrior 4 Mercs, so it can't be all that bad? Right?

I just have been disappointed for so long. I hope its decent, they seem like they have a solid idea of what they wanna do.

The West seems pretty anti-mecha as a whole - I remember reading an interview with the people behind EA's recent mech-looking game Titanfall where the developers said they actually hated mecha.

I think they said that the titans werent mechs, but they were thinking of shit like mech warrior. I doubt they even know what mecha is.

Fair enough, I don't tend to distinguish "mech" and "mecha" so maybe I was misremembering. Still, I've always gotten the impression of a generally anti-robot mindset in the West, occasional things like Megas XLR and Pacific Rim being a very huge exception rather than a rule.

So any mech or robot games where i can apply custom decals to my robot or mech. Preferably online?

i want to make one look like megas from megas xlr and blast its theme song

…They hate mecha…but made a game where mecha is involved?

…Why?

They're probably plebs who associate mecha specifically with gundam

Of course they are. Being a mecha (especially Super Robot fan) is always suffering

To be fair there is about as much zipping about until you get to a battle line. which turn into basically trench warfare where both sides end up dug in trying to cross no-man's land to push the enemy out. A lot of the strong suits like The O and the recently added FAZZ Gundam are a pain but can be dealt with.

Recently MSGO got a new system in that sustained fire can stagger you. in the past shooting didn't cut it and the only way to stagger an enemy was to hit them with something explosive like a zook, nade or sturmfaust.

Now basically if you start taking sustained damage you'll stagger, continuing to be hit by fire forces you off balance and leaves you wide open. If the latter happens while you're in the air you'll be in free fall unable to fight back till you hit the ground.

That's another thing my buddy and I like about MSGO is the fact there are no I-frames as well as limited regional damage. (Shooting the main camera does more damage than the front and the back takes more damage than in the front because suits are less armored in the back.)

My buddy and I have been playing since game went open beta back in '13. the old /m/ group is dead. Goons basically cannibalized out group and have more or less taken over the thread on cuckchan /m/, they also invited in people who have no idea how to behave on a imageboard

I think its just because its never been a thing, outside of mech warrior how many western giant robots can you think of?

Hell, even then, Mechwarrior was inspired from Japanese mecha anime.

Gundam Breaker has decoration mechanics, but I've never bothered looking into them much so I don't know how far they go.

It's EA, they'll do anything if they think it'll make a buck.

Just another reason I never bother with multiplayer/online shit.

That's kind of my point, if they weren't so anti-robot, you'd be seeing an explosion of shit like Megas or PR, instead of it being a once-in-a-decade-at-best thing.

GB's builder parts system was introduced in 3. before that you could only really modify the paint on parts and what decals you could slap on it. The builder parts in 3 let you create things like gyrau gundams and shit like that.

To be fair that's a piss poor reason. though going back to MSGO it's bled a lot of it's original userbase because of balancing issues. Originally it was simply a large scale OYW Gundam game on PC. You weren't a special snowflake in a Gundam type or super prototype. You were that faceless mook on the battlefield fighting for your faction. You only had mook suits to play and the suits had clear differences not only in weapons but in performance.

Now it's still UC but we've gone from 0079 to 0080 to 0083 to 0088 to 0096 then back to 0088 for some ZZ stuff. The power levels are all over the place and both sides now have access to the super prototypes and Gundam types. (Canon wise, such as Zeon only really has the GP-02 as well as the BD-2). The line's gotten blurrier as of late with both sides getting access to The O and Palace Athene. We've gotten suits from the Thunderbolt UC timeline as well which are interesting honestly.

I think the worst was when the RX-78NT1 first got introduced because it was a suit that basically face rolled. A massive armor pool, a shield with more health than a GM Guard Custom and the gatling fired like a machine gun and was instant switch (which means there is no "readying" time like with pulling out a rifle or zook) so a lot of Alex users would go Zook+Arm gatling because it would stagger or knock down Zeon suits and then the instant switch to the arm gatling meant you could vaporize shit easy. The suit's balance was ridiculous and you could barely stagger the damn thing.

Hence why I said "another" reason.

I am wondering why there are not really any big stompy robot games other than Mechwarrior, Chromehounds and Steel Battalion? You think there would be but it's most autistic super speedy shit that makes them feel like toys.

Mechs should be the ultimate projection of raw power. They aren't really build for practicality, they are instead built as a symbol of your might. Tanks are easy to ignore but when you see a walking fortress striding through the battlefield laying waste to all that is beneath it, it can't help but inspire feelings of dread and envy.

Another thing I forgot to add is that Mechs should also be the height of arrogance. When you are in a tank you are very much involved in the battle and on the same "level" with everyone else. When you are in a large mech towering over the battlefield what you are essentially saying is that the fighting going on is "beneath" you. Same sort of thing happens with aircraft. Mechs need to feel like you are lording over the battlefield, anyone not in a mech is a filthy peasant to you and only other mechs are worthy opponents to be treated equally. Everyone else is just vermin to be eradicated.
Sage for double post

No, that's fucking retarded.

Big slow and retarded mechs are a worse idea than speedy mechs by all means.

So you prefer mechs to feel like toys?

Do jets feel like toys?

Generally yes actually, toys that are meant to fly through the air. If you want mechs to fly through the air then why not just take a plane? Mechs are better when they have weight to them. When they fly around zipping through air they have no weight and lose all impact to them.

Because I want mechs to have some sort of practical purpose.

A slow ass tall mech is a walking target and does nobody good.

At least a speedy mech can go in, deliver payload and get out.

What the fuck does this mean? Do jets not have weight?

Did you actually bother reading my post at all? They serve a purpose that is beyond function. I said Mechs should be moving fortresses meant to intimidate opponents, very much a statement of you are there. If you are trying to play the "Muh Realism" game then kindly GTFO cause everything you just said was retarded since there is nothing there that isn't done better by plane. And even if you are not I revert back to "Then get a fucking Jet" argument.

And speedy mechs that break the laws of physics aren't retarded?

Except your walking fortress doesn't serve any kind of purpose, with or without universe.

A speedy mech can actually have a role.
Because we want mechs, duh.

Yes, they actually aren't, they are just impractical (too expensive and too fragile) to make.

Going to refer to this guy
Get a fucking plane. It will do it's job a million times better.

You're whole argument is beyond fucking retarded and full of double standards.

your*
sage for double post

But we want mechs, not planes.

How is it retarded?

A speedy mech makes more sense than a tall and slow mech.

No it does not. If you wanted something speedy to drop a payload then GTFO you'd get a plane. Saying "But I want Mechs" then bitching about realism just destroys your own argument. If you can't see how that is retarded you're autistic.
And I've clearly outlined a scenario where actually a big slow fortress stomping towards you would actually be far more functional funny enough. Something that makes the very ground you walk on shake would cause a bigger case of "OH SHIT!" than something zipping past and then running away.

Well yet another Mecha thread devolves into Gundam Autists shitting on everyone else and putting their fingers in their ears going "REEEEEE" whenever points out their shit and not allowing anything else to be discussed.
This thread was fun while it lasted. Shame OP died for this.

Except we want mech instead of plane.

In what way?

Your slow ass mech would get decimated by artillery and air support before it even gets close.

A fast mech zipping by and dropping a shitton of bombs would be the biggest OH SHIT than any big stomping tin can.

Gundam isn't the only series that has mechs going fast.

Who knows that mechs are really better at jets than tanks, mechs are always going to be more fragile.

You really can't see past your own retarded ideas can you? What makes you think it wouldn't be designed to weather the incoming fire or even counter battery?

Then tear itself apart with the g-forces involved as it tries to turn or be completely unable to turn altogether. And you think the idea of a walking fortress is more retarded and less realistic than this?

I really am done, there's no further words to describe how retarded and autistic you are.

You both are being complete faggots.

To be fair in the oirignal MSG ther e wasn't many "Go fast" machines. Even in Zeta Gundam it wasn't widespread and the base jabbers were used for suits. The Gaplant was the first MS to be able to fly under it's own power.

It wouldn't be because that's more fucking cost for a retarded purpose, why makes something so vulnerable to artillery and then proceed to add counter battery to it, slowing it down even more?
If a jet can turn, a mech can turn, as long as there is no shape changing when they are turning.
See many walking fortress lately friend? I see jets, I see tanks, I see helicopters, I do not see walking fortress.

I also don't see small mechs running around either. Also, a jet can turn due to aerodynamics. They have a lot more to work with when they turn, while bipedal systems don't turn well at high speeds. Frankly, both ideas for mechs are dumb and implausible. Saying one is worse than the other is a waste of time. Can't we all just enjoy mechs regardless of what type we prefer goddamn

No, mechs can be made aereodynamics.

Look at how Armored Core does it, it doesn't even need to transform.

I really hope you are only pretending to be retarded when you use Armored Core as an example for your argument of aerodynamic mechs. That's not aerodynamic. That's putting a fuckton of boosters on something to make it go fast. The human body can't handle that, especially with how the mech moves during that mission of the game. Frankly, if you want fast 'aerodynamic' mechs just go watch and play Macross.

The White Glint just lies back in order to be more aerodynamic, that's all it needs actually. After the booster is ejected, speed is lowered, it can move its limb safely again.

Macross, while trying to be realistic, is kinda overcomplicated with their transformation scheme, that shit would actually break the whole thing mid-flight due to G-force.

You're right let's fix that. Bog tray when?

Considering valks in macross have enough thrust to leave the atmosphere themselves should tell you something. They are also capable of re-entry without any type of external ballute system. IIRC there's also a G force dampner built into valks.

I was referring more to the mission where you use the booster, you can dash while being boosted which would cause all kinds of problems at those speeds. The sudden change in velocity would cause a lot of g-force, and the shape of the structure would be under an insane amount of stress.

Oh I won't deny that, it just seemed to be almost exactly the kind of thing he wanted in mechs. Fast machines that can swoop in and cause a lot of damage then swoop out. Honestly I've found that there's always a level of suspension of disbelief required for just about every mech show/game. Which is kind of why I find this whole argument silly.

You got some suspending to do, user.

Oh no they definitely would, the whole premise is ridiculous. That one user just got under my skin talking about things he could barely spell much less understand

You've single handed ruined the mecha thread and all future mecha threads. How do you feel?

Really niggers? And you wonder why mecha threads struggle to reach 50 posts before dying?
You fags are the same reason nobody goes to /m/ anymore

Maybe everyone is really just waiting to see From Soft make a new 1st Person Gundam game so everyone can get both.

Maybe I'm just a fag that wants a Gundam game on the PC that I don't have to emulate

Don't be such an overacting faggot Anons.

Nothing gay about big robots on your PC, user. That is, in fact, quite heterosexual.

On a sidenote I want a new VOTOMS game as well.

Tryon a best

You and me both.

I could see him losing to Domon's student, but losing to fucking Yuuma was the worst.

I just want them to make Another Century's Episode 4 I don't get the PC obsession some people have, but it's not like it's ever going to happen anyway.

People have PC's. People want games on them. It's not really an obsession to want games on the thing you play games on.

Also, mods maybe.

I mean though that people seem to want things developed for the PC specifically, as opposed to just using the PC to emulate them.

It's because I sold my PS4 and playstation is more or less the only thing that has any new Gundam games these days. PC because I could easily run a port as long as the port was at least halfway optimized, and as noted, possibility of mods too.

Those look pretty cool too. Never saw the series before. Is it good?

Also it's not like I don't use emulators, but I don't think anyone has even started playstation 3 emulating, but I use it to play games from PS 2 back. Actually playing Zeonic Front right now after someone on /k/ suggested it. Decently fun for what it is.

Having a port is just generally easier than setting up an emulator most of the time. Every time I try to set up an emulator something goes wrong.

Most people also genuinely like doing things the legal way too, and it's just annoying to be a customer that's willing to pay and not being able to for no real reason other than the creator not caring about you as a customer at all
t. ausfag

It's fantastic, go watch it qt you'll have a good time.

I dunno, it just feels like beating a dead horse when people constantly talk about PC when it's never been something devs as a whole release games on - with the oddball exception like old Falcom, the PC is pretty much the doujin/eroge/MMO console, and I don't see any reason to expect that to change anytime soon.

Back on topic, just restarted SRW W which is making me mourn Mizutani again, because now there's little to no chance of ever getting a voice-acted remake of this

Fang of the Sun dougram is made by the guy who did VOTOMS and I would recommend that over it because it's more political and guerilla war oriented.

Gundam Online.

Most PC Gundam games are things like diorama front or the now defunct SDGO (thank fuck)

Never heard of it. This mech looks like a cheap plastic toy.

post rare ac emblems

reminder all mecha is made to push cheap toys. Don't kid yourself otherwise. Dougrma is a good show, story and characters are nice as is the politics

Doesn't mean they need to look cheap.

Those scopedogs are really nice, got any more?

and the Gundam didn't with it's red blue whtie and yellow colours? Still good show. believe it or not the entire thing is on jewtube

A few.

The original did, sure. But even then they weren't chunky like the real cheap plastic toys.

And I haven't said it's not a good show.

Done.

I know there's LBX but it's not the same.

eh. Still urge people to watch it. That being said IIRC battletech stole a lot of the designs from Dougram and claimed them as their own only to be slapped with copyright infringement

It's a shame they're not getting translated, but the gameplay on that waifu game looked pretty solid.
The ideal thing would be a console/PC full game with solid customization and online play, but that's a distant dream.

God I'm such a fucking sucker for 80's and 90's anime with the way their openings were

i am from /toy/ and feel your pain mang.
I would love if there were properly articulated figures of all of the medabots with interchangeable parts.

Battletech is a whole clusterfuck of legal issues because they wanted to extend Macross's original episode length via an artificial extension by slapping two other entirely different shows to it. So now we have a regional exclusive franchise Battletech, and a separate franchise Macross and a whole clusterfuck of copyright issues so we can't have some simple fucking games and other materials we'd want ported over here.

Robotech, not Battletech. Battletech took designs from various places. Robotech is the combination of franchises Robocry is pretty fun.

Vifam is another show I recommend.

as for Fantasy I'd suggest Heavy Metal L-Gaim and Aura battle Dunbine

With how bad English versions of shit tend to be, even if you don't know Japanese which you should fix ASAP if you're a mecha fan you could probably guess and still come up with something more accurate than those fucks produce.

Also Panzer World Galient is another much watch

Just get the team that translates that Yakuza games to translate everything. Their translations are always so fucking neato.

If I remember correctly, if it's made specifically for the PC, it'll be far easier to mod and maybe run better while being easily adjusted for sell on consoles.

Never heard of the series so can't say, plus I don't play anything in English at this point anyway. Just, anytime English versions for anything get brought up, they range from bad to god awful.

Wouldn't surprise me, but it's a moot point, since no one's going to design with PCs in mind unless they're making an MMO.

Then play Yakuza. You won't regret it. And the Yakuza is an acceptation to shitty English translations of Japanese games.

*exception

Just use fucking cameras ffs

Unless you're in South Africa, no one would call a speed camera a robot. The fuck are you on about son?

A bit of Googling returns that "Yakuza" is the foreign name for Ryuu ga Gotoku, a series I've never really bothered with because open world shit just doesn't appeal to me. Thanks though.

Do not sexualize the Zaku

same goes for you m8

Get the fuck out nigger.

ah shit i repeated the same pic

Fuck you.

It reminds me of Pepper.
Was it made by the same company?

You're missing out on great games. Yakuza's open world is densely filled due to it being located always inside Tokyo or some other tight-packed city. At least have a peek of a playthrough of it, take more than my words for it because I can't do it justice. It's a really fucking good series.

Asking someone not to will just result in someone doing it.

Certainly looks trash.